[PP|F02]Leading a Revolt<<Long Live the Queen>>

Yuki took a deep breath. It took a moment to get used to the difference of the air here on Floor 2 compared to Floor 1. Murky, musty and wet filled the atmosphere. Urbus looked wildly different than the Town of Beginnings as well. It was hard to believe she was actually taking on this challenge. She kind of felt like a questing hero! Her boots clicked against the cobblestone roads as she investigated the area for any possible quests to take and get herself leveled up. She couldn't help the frontal fight if she was a low level forever. 

It was nice to get out of her armor as well. It was the first time she had worn real clothing since she got ahold of her starting equipment that Macradon had made for her. She was sure she'd be putting it back on soon though, she wanted to get used to the combat in SAO so she could be ready for anything.

Starting <<Long Live the Queen>> with @Luna

Spoiler

Yuki's Loadout:

Skills

Non-combat:

»

Passive:

»

Combat:

»

Weapon skills:

»Rank 1 One-Handed Straight Sword

Inventory

Weapons/Tools:

»Set D "Support Package":

Vanity 1H Straight Sword

Heavy Armor(Pauldron with attached cape)

(3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

2,000 Col and (25) Tier 1 materials

Name: Aegis
ID: 136133
Item Type: Shield
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: 1 slot Regen, 2 slots Mitigation
Description: A heavy metal shield, white, trimmed with gold.

Name: Regal Cuirass 
ID: 136048
Item Type: Chestplate(Heavy Armor)
Enhancements: Mitigation, 2 slots Thorns
Description: A chest plate fitting for the tiny girl that is Mikoto, Yuki. It bears an extremely regal look.

Name: Saber
ID: 136049
Item Type: One-handed Straight Sword
Enhancements: 2 slots Accuracy, 1 slot Damage
Description: A straight white blade with a fancy looking, golden hilt.

Luna's Loadout:

Skills
Non-combat:
»

Passive:
»

Combat:
»

Weapon skills:
» Rapier (Rank 1) 

Inventory
Weapons/Tools:
» Capo ferro's blade (+2 DMG)
Moonlight Dress (+2 EVA +9 MIT)

Edited by Zajcica
Had the wrong equipment for Luna, sorry.

Luna let out an audible huff as she stepped off of the teleportation pad in Urbus.

“Floor one was nicer…much nicer…”

She mumbled before gingerly walking a little further. Truth be told she was nervous. For the past 2 years ish she had done nothing. She had just been enjoying her life, living it to the fullest as the person she wanted to be. But, for some reason, she had decided to try to become stronger. Floor one and the town of beginnings could only provide a person with so much, and if this slightly terrifying,  but at the same time liberating existence for her was to be just confined to one small town in Aincrad, then was she really living?

She steeled herself, and strode away from the teleport portal. She was ready, she was determined, she wasn’t going to hide and be terrified of the world anymore.

She then promptly walked straight into the back of another player.

Thud

Yuki weeble-wobbled for a moment before falling on her face into the cobblestone. A groan escaped her breath, even while standing still she could still fall flat without even moving. She slowly rose back to her feet and looked behind her. A blue-haired girl younger than herself had collided with her backside. She shined her an awkward smile before finally saying something.

"Gomenasai!" Yuki rubbed the back of her head. "I shouldn't be standing out in the middle of the road like that!" She stepped out of the way of the other player, likely a good dozen levels ahead of herself, and motioned her to pass by. Once she was closer to the side of the road, she opened her menu to reveal the local map or Urbus. Several seconds of looking through it and closing the map, she realized the other player was still there.

"Oh, um... Did you need something? I'm just looking for local quests I can take to level up is all. I'm a pretty low level and didn't want to bother you." She admitted, albeit a bit embarrassed to.

@Luna

Luna let out a small yelp as she fell flat onto her back.

“Ow…”

The petite bluenette (yes, that’s a word. Don’t google it, google doesn’t know about the existence of the word bluenette) groaned before she looked up at the player that she had bumped into. They seemed to be wearing casual gear, nothing intimidating or exceptionally impressive. This put her at ease a little, she had, for a moment, been terrified at the possibility that she had somehow offended a high-level player.

She didn’t exactly want to get on the bad side of someone that could kill her in one blow.

“S-sorry, I’m just nervous. Sorry.  I, uh, I’m also looking for quests! I’m pretty weak though, so it’s sorta hard…”

She said, her voice was shaky, despite her best efforts to stop her nervous stutter. It was something that she wasn’t particularly fond of, but it did have the wonderful side-effect of making her seem like one of those over the top anime girls.

Silver linings eh?

Yuki gave another huge smile to the bluenette. She was worried she had just annoyed a much higher level player. The menu in front of her disappeared with a quick flash. The pinkette turned to face Luna.

"I'm only level one, so you're surely stronger than I. I figured you were close to about level 20 or so, but I guess I was mistaken. My name is Yuki! Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu!" Her heavy Japanese accent was really accentuated when she actually spoke her native language. Even though it was pretty thick, it was perfect English. She did get the best grade in her school for English class.  "If we're both lower leveled players, maybe we could find a quest that we could perform together! Strength in numbers and whatnot! Sure with the two of us working together, we can complete an easy quest and level up! Yuki came off kind of strong, but that was just like her. She loved meeting new people and making friends.

@Luna

Edited by Zajcica
Typo

Luna blinked and stared at Yuki like a dumbfounded child. She didn’t understand a word on Japanese, and Yuki’s sudden use of the language took her by surprise.

“I-I’m Luna! I’m only level four, so I don’t think I’m that much stronger”

She then got up, albeit rather shakily, and dusted her dress off.

“Teaming up sounds good, I’m uh, not that great in a fight though. I can’t do much damage or take much for that matter…” Her head dropped a little as she explained this to the pink-haired girl before her. It was a little embarrassing for her, truth be told. She was so weak…but, that was going to change, and now it seemed like she had someone to fight alongside in her quest for strength.

“I..umm…I heard of this quest called <<Long live the queen>>. I can’t take it on alone, but maybe together we can do it!”  

"Yush! I like the enthusiasm!" Yuki said with a determined smile. She pulled her menu back up and looked through the quest directory for <<Long Live the Queen>>. Easily enough, it appeared on the list and she accepted it. After that, she navigated to her inventory and equipped her main set, removing her set named 'Safe Zone Clothing' for that.

"Killing a Killer Queen Bee, eh? I'm not a big fan of insects, but I'm pretty tough for a low-level player! I will be your tank and we'll beat it as a team!" The pinkette exclaimed, looking ever more regal with her steel plating on. Hands on her hips and a proud expression painted on her pure white face, she continued. "Don't worry! I'm tougher than I look for such a small person. I can take it!"

Lastly, she opened her menu one more time, scrolled through somethings, then a pop-up appeared in front of the bluenette.

--Zajcica has sent you a group request!--

@Luna

The bluenette smiled and tapped ‘accept’ on the window that had appeared in front of her.

“Thanks! C-can you lead the way? You seem a lot more capable than I-Iam” The petite bluenette asked Yuki, before she tapped her own menu a couple of times and sent the pinkette a friend request.

“H-hope you don’t mind. If we’re going to work together, might as well be able to talk and stuff any time, right?” She asked, with a small tilt to her head and a warm smile. The encounter had cheered her up a little, and had actually boosted her abysmal confidence, even if it was just by a little. This was the first step on the road to progress, and she was sort of glad that she had happened upon someone to walk with.

“By the way, I really like your gear, where did you get it from?” She asked with a little bit of excitement in her voice.

@Zajcica

The bluenette's health bar appeared on Yuki's HUD, just under her own. Next to her own username was a crown, symbolizing that she was leading the party. She slid through the messages in her menu to find the friend request and clicked the green circle with a checkmark in it.

"Of course! I am your shield, do not worry, for I will protect you." Luna kind of reminded Yuki of her younger sister Aki. She was a bit impish and Yuki always had to defend her from bullies and make sure she didn't get in trouble. "I'm glad to be making friends. I haven't done anything for years. It feels like I'm actually making progress and working to get us out of this stupid prison."

The pinkette began walking towards the objective marker on her HUD. She gestured the younger girl to follow her. "I got the armor from a shop in the Town of Beginnings called "The Blazing Typhoon" it's run by a high-level player named Mac. He has a really good deal for players under level 15 to get good beginner's gear. Maybe I can show it to you and we can get you some better gear. If you don't have enough materials or money, I can maybe make up the difference for you!"

@Luna

Luna smiled.

“I was thinking the same thing! I’ve spent too long doing nothing, y’know?” She responded before she started to walk off towards the quest marker that had appeared on her map. She figured that her and Yuki might as well get going.

“Oh that’s really cool. A high level player helping out the low-levels, it’s nice to know that people here aren’t just horrible tr-“ She caught herself, and coughed awkwardly before continuing. “It’s just nice to know that there are kind and generous people, yourself included. We should definitely go to that place, call it a girl’s day out or something”

She giggled a little at her last suggestion. The though reminded her of the first time that she had gone out with some of her female friends. It was a pleasant memory, even if she had been practically shaking with anxiety the whole time. Those first experiences always stuck with you.

Yuki led the charge, hand on her sword as they left the safe zone. She hadn't realized just how sudden she got a feeling of protection. That feeling you only get as an older sibling to protect their younger siblings. It was a responsibility, and right now, her responsibility was to make sure Luna stayed safe through this. She wouldn't be able to live with it if someone had died because of her. Her train of thought was interrupted by her company's soft voice.

"Oh, right. We'll work together and nothing will stop us from beating this horror show of a video game." Yuki said with another soft smile. "And yes, Macradon seemed like a pretty upstanding guy, his craftsmanship is excellent, that's for sure."

A giggle escaped her breath as well when she mentioned a girl's day out. Such a sentiment shouldn't really apply to Yuki as she is now, but that kind of attitude wouldn't get her anywhere.

"I would like that. Maybe we should do that once we've completed this quest!

Edited by Zajcica

“Hell yeah, kill a bee and then go shopping.”

Luna replied as the two walked even further out of the safe zone. She could feel the grass as it gently touched her exposed shins, and the air had become a little more pleasant to breathe. The bluenette checked her map after a few minutes, and was pleasantly surprised, as she saw that they were quite close to the quest marker. She pointed ahead, towards some trees.

“I think the Queen’s in there…”

She said to the pinkette that was accompanying her before speeding up a little. She was becoming more eager to get the quest done by the second; Yuki’s presence had bolstered her confidence somewhat. Carefully she moved between the trees, and before long she could hear something…buzzing.

Loud buzzing.

She peered through the trees, and almost screamed when she saw the absolutely gigantic insect in front of her.

“F-FOUND IT!” 

Spoiler

Combat - Yuki and Luna vs The Wasp Queen (HP50, DMG20)
image.png.296dd4d64916e7d9db13e5807c8b7b08.png

Yuki takes 20 damage mitigated to 1.
The Queen takes 22 damage.

Yuki 19/20HP
Luna 80/80HP
Queen 28/50HP

The bluenette nearly shrieked upon seeing the massive wasp, even after rushing ahead faster than Yuki could follow. Although she seemed like she had kept her voice down, she was actually louder than she thought. The wasp had heard her. It was alert and ready to show no mercy to her. It quickly zig-zagged through the air towards Luna. Even though Yuki was terrified as much as Luna was, she swallowed her fear and jumped in front of her company. Unprepared to use her shield, she took the force of the blow. The stinger impaled her abdomen, Luna was witness to that. Yuki growled under breath, unsheathing her sword into a slash like some kind of Iaijutsu trick samurai learned.

"D-Don't worry! I'm here!" The pinkette turned to look at Luna as the wasp removed its stinger from her body, ready to strike again. "There's no need to be afraid."

Edited by Zajcica

Roll: 

ID: 136422 BD: 2 (Miss) 

Luna watched as Yuki rushed forwards to take on the Queen, she was a blur of pink hair and steel. The tiny bluenette saw the Queen's health plummet, not from her companion’s attack but from the thorns on their armour.

“Ok that’s pretty neat…”

She muttered before she drew her rapier and rushed in to aid Yuki. She drew the blade back, and thrust at the monster, but did no damage, as the slender weapon bounced off of the creature’s hard exoskeleton.

Luna frowned, and backed off so that Yuki was between her and the Wasp Queen.

“S-sorry…told you I’m n-not that great at fighting”

She said to the pinkette. There was a rather large frown on her face, as she was beginning to feel like a bit of a burden all over again, which, to say the least, wasn’t great for morale.

She’d get another chance, she just had to hope that Yuki could hold out against the creature.

Yuki 19/20HP HATE: 1 
Luna 80/80HP EN 6/8 MIT 9 EVA 2 DMG 4
Queen 28/50HP (Target: yuki) 

Edited by Luna

Yuki watched as her companies thin blade didn't even pierce the body of the giant pest. Where's the bug spray when you needed it?

"It's okay! Just stay calm and focused and we'll kill it easily!" Yuki said bravely as she rushed in herself to get in on the action. The wasp had been patient, however, waiting for the next strike from one of the two. It raised it's stinger impressively fast, bouncing Yuki's beautiful white and gold blade away from its skin. The pinkette reeled back from the sheer force of the blow and wasp stabbed it's sword-like stinger through her chest once again. Not even her cuirass could stop the assault of this hideous boss.

" M-My thorns didn't trigger? Why? She looked up at the critical hit symbol next to the numbers of damage. Only one point still, but criticals don't trigger thorns. The bluenette watched her partner's health go up to full again before being ticked back down to what it was. This boss couldn't kill Yuki no matter what it did.

Spoiler

Yuki regains +5 HP and takes 20 damage mitigated to 1.
She misses the wasp and thorns does not trigger due to critical damage.

Yuki 19/20HP
Luna 80/80HP
Queen 28/50HP

image.png.1c0120ac70d01776f3062caf2d4b1b0c.png

Edited by Zajcica

Roll: 

ID: 136480 BD: 9 (Crit +1) 

Luna raised her rapier and pointed it towards the wasp queen. She focused, took a deep breath in, and then rushed at the insectoid monster. As she did her blade began to glow a brilliant blue, and she felt her body moving of its own accord as the Sword art system took over to perform a <<Rip Ravine>>. One swipe downwards, and then another upwards, her rapier sliced through the Wasp Queen’s exoskeleton as if it were butter.

The bluenette let out a triumphant “YES!” as she watched the Queen’s HP drop by a good chunk.

She then backed off from the creature, which had now turned to face her, seemingly ignoring Yuki. Luna gulped nervously, and held her rapier in front of her, anticipating an attack.

“I-I think it’s mad!” She said to the pinkette next to her with a notable shake in her voice. She knew that she could take a couple of hits from the monster, but that did little to calm her nerves.

Yuki 20/20HP HATE: 1 
Luna 80/80HP EN 5/8 MIT 9 EVA 2 DMG 4  HATE: 2
Queen 18/50HP (Target: Luna)  (<<Rip ravine>> used 2x5=10 DMG)  

Edited by Luna

The Queen indeed did not appreciate the bluenettes assault against it. It floated menacingly in front of her, chasing Luna down and swiftly striking its thin thorn into her sword arm. The pinkette let out a growl as she jumped on the Queen with her sword, digging the shinning blade into it's back, hoping to take back the aggro.

"Are you alright?!" She said looking up at her party's health bar and letting out a sigh of relief to see that she had much more HP than herself. "D-Don't worry! I have this!" A nervous and shaky tone made it well aware that she was panicking a little. She had expected the big bug to just focus her and would die swiftly to her thorns like weaker mobs. How typical of her. She needed to be prepared for everything and couldn't make any mistakes or else its literally game over for everyone around her.

Spoiler

Yuki 20/20HP HATE: 2
Luna 69/80HP EN 5/8 MIT 9 EVA 2 DMG 4  HATE: 2
Queen 14/50HP

image.png.73bf368f47652716047d5e7b64ec01cd.png

Edited by Zajcica
Forgot to include the roll in my post, I'm bad at this sorry.

Roll: 

ID: 136485 BD: 1 (miss)

Luna noticed the slight panic in Yukis voice, undoubtedly caused by the fact that she had taken a hit. It wasn’t exactly a bad one; her dress offered some protection so she was able to ignore about half of the damage. She glanced at her HP; 69/80, she could take another six of those hits and she would still be alive. There wasn’t much to worry about.

“We’ve got this Yuki. It just needs to hit you once more and it’s dead.”

She said to her pink-haired companion in an effort to calm her nerves. There wasn’t any point in panicking, as they would have to get astronomically unlucky for anyone to die. Everything was fine.

Luna steeled herself and rushed forwards to strike the Queen, although when she thrust her rapier at the beast it deftly dodged the attack.

“Slippery thing.” Luna remarked as she backed off, and the Queen hovered menacingly in front of the pair.

Yuki 20/20HP HATE: 2 
Luna 69/80HP EN 4/8 MIT 9 EVA 2 DMG 4  HATE: 2 (miss -2 EN)
Queen 14/50HP 

Edited by Luna

The anxiety swelled with every second that passed. When she heard Luna's voice though, she noticed her breathing was out of control and she was just thinking irrationally. She took a much-needed breath and made a wide slash at the big bee once more, her blade just meeting air as it floated back to avoid the steel. The pinkette slipped forward off her toes, eyeing its opportunity to make a fool of her again. The hornets stinger went directly through her chest again. All she could think of was how dead she would be without Mac's armor. 

"Ugh, kusou.. Another critical hit? This thing is relentless.." She looked over at the bluenette her breathing stabilized. "Gomen. I let my anxiety get the better of me and I panicked. I'm good now. Let's end this thing."

She steeled herself for the wasps next attack, raising her shield in front of her company. She moved forward with Luna to let her get another attack from safety.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yuki 19/20HP HATE: 2 
Luna 69/80HP EN 4/8 MIT 9 EVA 2 DMG 4  HATE: 2 
Queen 14/50HP image.png.be2eb862eada582313fc8014ce98fc66.png

Edited by Zajcica

Roll: 

ID: 136494 BD: 6 (Hit)

“It’s fine, I understand. Trust me, anxiety can be a pain in the neck”

Luna reassured Yuki as she advanced behind the protection of the other girl’s shield. She could see the Wasp queen as it hovered in front of them, the creature seemed to regard them with pure hatred in its eyes, although Luna knew that it was just a program, it wasn’t capable of such emotions.

She breathed in, and then rushed out from behind Yuki. Her rapier started to glow blue and once again she traced a V pattern into the Queen. The creature let out a horrific screech as its HP dropped dangerously low. The bluenette smirked and backed off to hide behind Yuki again.

“Another decent hit and we’re done, easier than I thought it would be.” She said with a wide smile plastered across her face. Their relative success had put her in a good mood, to say the least.

Yuki 19/20HP HATE: 2 
Luna 69/80HP EN 3/8 MIT 9 EVA 2 DMG 4  HATE: 3 ( <<Rip ravine>> used -2 EN x2DMG=8) 
Queen 6/50HP (-8 <<Rip ravine>>)  

Edited by Luna