[SP|F06] The Gemin-I<<The Gemini>>

The Gemini

Now having gained some levels, Yuki was unafraid to step foot on the higher leveled floors. Her next destination was Floor Six - A giant jungle of tangle weeds and trees scatter across the stretch of the land. It kind of reminded her of Floor Two, but much more lush and dense of forest. Many different animals made noise in the background, making it hard to hear the NPC approach behind her. They tapped her shoulder.

"I'm sorry to bother you, ma'am, but I must speak to you of something most urgent." They say hiding their face from view while they speak. "I find myself looking for challenge on this floor and you look extremely formidable. I was wondering if you would like to fight with me. I will make it worth your while and teach you one of my hidden skills that you can't learn otherwise. I will also ensure that our fight will not result in your death should I win."

General
Level: 4 | HP:  80 | Energy: 8

Stats
DMG: 3 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 27 | ACC: +2

Equipment(in use)
Regal Cuirass(Heavy Armor): 1MIT, 2 Thorns
Aegis(Shield): 2MIT, 1 Regen
Saber(OHSS): 2 ACC, 1 DMG

Equipment(on standby)

Silver Serpent Ring: +2 LD
Covetous Gold Serpent Ring: +1 LD

Consumables
3) Starter Healing Potions(50HP)

Edited by Zajcica

Yuki blinked as the hooded figure insisted they battle when neither of them even know names. The refused to show their face no matter how much they spoke, the hood, in fact, seemed to blacken their face entirely. Yuki was a bit nervous, but with Macradon's armor and Mari's teaching and encouragement, she could overcome any challenge ahead. The pink paladin turned to face the dark figure with a smile.

"I will gladly accept your challenge friend, but I must warn you that I am no pushover. This battle could easily be one sided if we aren't careful." She boasted, smile radiating off her face like a beacon of glee. She had never been one to boast the way she was now, and she was sure if she were to enter floors higher than this one, simple mobs would maul her alive and she'd just be another name on that black epitaph in the center of the Town of Beginnings.

The hooded figure gave her a grin to that remark and walked past her, gesturing her to follow her.

"We must leave the safe zone to activate combat, as dueling in safe zones are prohibited. Follow me, I know a place outside the zone where monsters will not bother us while we fight." They say, leading the way out of the safe zone as quickly as possible. A quiet laugh escaped their lips as Yuki boasted her strength. "I fancy myself on being quite the effective fighter as well. If I were you, I'd be prepared for a good fight."

They led her into a secluded part of the woods, a small pond ran water over stone into a river nearby. The quiet splashing continued over the sound of buzzing and bustling insects. The hooded figure turned to meet eye to eye with the pink paladin. Her hood fell past her head and to the ground, revealing a doppleganger of herself. The Yuki copy, folded her arms and grinned at her.

"Are you ready?"

The pink paladin reeled back in surprise. Her stale expression painted across her face, she watched the Gemini pull out a blade that looked exactly like her own straight sword and her shield in the other hand. The armor reflected the moonlight off the water and gleamed into Yuki's eyes.

"N-Nijuushin?! Muri!" The girl screamed in her native language. She couldn't believe that an npc had just mocked her appearance. Or, well, then again, the Nervegear did apply the system to read her face and her body size. Perhaps it could just copy and paste that information onto another non-player character. It was actually pretty scary that the game would even do something like this. Was it to make you face your inner fears, or was the game actually trying to pull some kind of fun quest? She wouldn't give in though.

"Yoshi! Soreja, kakugou!" She drew her blade and prepared herself... but the doppelganger was already on the move before Yuki got the chance to even react.

Edited by Zajcica

With her guard lowered from the shocking disturbance of the Gemini copying her own appearance, Yuki was left wide open to an attack. He charged forward faster than the pink paladin could react to raise her shield. Her own sword pierced through her defenses continuing the trend of her only taking a single point of damage. Seeing as how she was only able to deal minuscule damage, the Gemini backed off to get her bearings. The thorns from Yuki's armor wasn't something that they could copy and the damage that they just dealt wouldn't be enough to weaken Yuki before she finished. Still they were willing to try. What was the point of the challenge without risk?

They looks up to see Yuki was readied for the next exchange. They wouldn't be benefiting from their disguise skill again. No time to worry about that though, as their opponent was coming in hot. Sword raised and ready to strike.

image.png.bedabd5b640ee71c1ffdb002e8318342.png

<<The Gemini>>'s Stats:

• HP: 22/40
  • DMG: 20
  • MIT: 7
  • ACC: 2
  • EVA: 0
  • Critical Hits: 24 on a natural MD 9, 28 on a natural MD 10.
  • <<Disguise>>: +1 ACC to <<The Gemini>>'s first attack.

Yuki Stats:
Level: 4 | HP:  79/80 | Energy: 8

Stats
DMG: 3 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 27 | ACC: +2 | Thorns: 18

Edited by Zajcica

The sneak attack might have thrown Yuki off, but she wasn't defenseless. The fact that she had only taken one damage proved that point pretty easily, but now she wasn't going to be caught off guard by cheap tricks like that again. She readied her blade, shining bright even under just the moonlight, and charged her opponent with vigor.

The gemini charged her in return. Without a doubt, they were much faster than she was, but that wouldn't matter if they couldn't do enough damage to beat out her regen. Their copy blade slashed though her stomach leaving nothing but a small red cut across the her digital body. Thorns was enough to get her doppelganger down into the red. She quickly turned around and grabbed the collar of the Gemini's breastplate, forced them the other way and dropped them on their rear.

"Muda da!" She said as the blade shined a glorious pink color that rivaled the sheen of her own hair.  The blade pierced through the copies chest three quick times and with that the Gemini's health dropped to one.

image.png.5ec97af872126f1bcc324362a24740f4.png

<<The Gemini>>'s Stats:

• HP: 1/40 (-23HP)
  • DMG: 20
  • MIT: 7
  • ACC: 2
  • EVA: 0
  • Critical Hits: 24 on a natural MD 9, 28 on a natural MD 10.
  • <<Disguise>>: +1 ACC to <<The Gemini>>'s first attack.

Yuki Stats:
Level: 4 | HP:  79/80 | Energy: 5/8

Stats

Edited by Zajcica

The Gemini laid on the ground breathing heavily from the damage he had taken. His appearance returned to the hooded figure that the Gemini really was. The pink paladin stood over her opponent and sheathed her sword. Her hand came down to him to help him off the ground.

"Gomen. I was just too strong for you. I wasn't really the challenge you might have been looking for. I was just a bully." She said, a bit upset with herself. She knew the outcome of the battle would be like this. Her armor was making her invincible in floors lower than 6.

"Maybe so, but a deal is a deal. I will bestow you a special skill, as I promised." He said. A prompt came across her HUD.

'You learned the skill Concentration!'

The Gemini took their leave passing by the paladin without saying another word. And now she was alone the forest. Her original intent was to find a quest to do, but I guess it would be a good time to check out some of the mobs on this floor, or just farm mats.

With the Gemini defeated and Yuki left alone outside of the safe zone, she decided it wouldn't be a terrible idea to farm for some materials while she was out here. Though the only time she had actually farmed for materials, the quest made them spawn more frequently than they do outside of it, so she expected to be difficult to find more materials. She walked up to the pond that surrounded the short battle to see if any material nodes littered the edge of the water. A few minutes of walking around brought up nothing. She sighed, remembering the luck that she had before getting three nodes in less than about 5 minutes.

She would probably have better luck in the field than this enclosed area, so she headed back the way the Gemini had led her though.She was sure she could find some if she took her time, but she didn't want to spend too long out here. Quests were on her mind.

image.png.42862d0f27c4aa85e6db79354893d170.png

Spoiler

Nothing gathered. 

Yuki has switched from her shield and weapon to her 2 LD bonus rings to give a +3 to LD rolls.

Edited by Zajcica

She stepped out into the dense forest, mobs roamed free enjoying their digital life without much of a meaning. They wouldn't be difficult to avoid like in most cases. It had seemed to her that mobs wouldn't really attack you unless they got exceptionally close, or if you engage them first.

Looking around the brush for anything useful was useless. She could tell already that without the help of the floor one quest it could be difficult to farm your own materials. However, farming your own materials didn't cost any money at all. You could buy them from merchants if you wanted, but she imagined that could get expensive pretty quick. It seemed like a better idea to just farm them for herself.

The jungle/forest was nothing like she had ever seen in Japan. It was pretty surreal to experience the environments in the game. They all felt so real and like there was a ton of time invested on making them as real as possible.

image.png.aba38b7d9e1636f21546bbc710384c8d.png

Spoiler

No materials found.

Edited by Zajcica

Yuki sighed quietly to herself. She hadn't been as lucky as she was with her quest on the first floor. It should have been expected, though. The quest itself did boost the odds of finding useful material after all. It wasn't her luck that had given her those materials, more of just the system letting her find things, because that was what the quest expected from the player. She wondered what the normal odds of finding usable material was then. Probably somewhere around twenty percent or even lower.

She picked the brush apart and looked around the base of trees to find anything useful at all. Still her luck was drier than a well in the hottest summer. Would it just be best to head back to town and continue her search for quests to boost her level grinding further? A few more tries and she would start heading back to town. She had only been searching for materials for about five minutes total. That's not a whole lot of time to invest in material searching.

image.png.e06072dd7e182b7e5345ee98f974092f.png

Spoiler

Still nothing found.

Edited by Zajcica

The pink paladin continued searching through the bushes and large tangled roots that found their way out of the soil. Still nothing could be used for crafting. How was her luck this bad? Maybe she wasn't meant to be a crafter and rely on being solely a tank for the foreseeable future. Her mind was set on taking the cook profession though. She loved cooking and a rut of bad luck wouldn't stop her from realizing that skill while she spent her time alive in this game.

She wondered just how many people would hear about her store and how popular it could become. Not every player in the game was from Japan, so maybe those players might not find time to try the traditional food she could make, but she knew high level players relied on cooks to boost their skills. Maybe her best chance for business was with them.

image.png.a71991ba5606588570f246f45e5a9828.png

Spoiler

No materials found.

Edited by Zajcica

She was still pretty close to the safe zone. Perhaps if she took some time to venture a bit further away, she would have better luck finding any kind of materials. It was a little disheartening to find absolutely nothing after ten minutes of uninterrupted searching. Why was it so difficult to find materials when they're almost a necessity to the game. It seemed rather unfair that you couldn't multitask to find materials without taking a quest to find them specifically. 

She ventured further away from the safe zone, but still couldn't find any materials that she could use for crafting. The anger in her expression could be felt by anyone if they were to see it. Farming materials wasn't as calming or fun as she thought it would be. Still she would try for a little longer. If she couldn't find anything in the next ten minutes, she would be returning to the town where the Gemini had pulled her off.

image.png.c75e4f282db50924d7e63435edeb3f2f.png

Spoiler

Nothing found.

Edited by Zajcica

Aggravation was swelling with her mood. She had felt so triumphant finishing the fight with the Gemini in just a minutes time, and now she was getting too easily annoyed that she couldn't find anything on this stupid floor. If she just went back to floor one and reacquired the material farming quest, she would find things so much easier than she would up here on floor six. Continued examination led to no payout. For as lush and abundant the brush of floor six was, it was pretty freaking void of anything other than useless branches and mobs. Quite a bit of wet moss too.

She could still spend a little more time up here on this floor, but then she would probably head to another floor to find a good quest that could get her some levels. Maybe she would message Mari again and ask her if she wanted to do some quests. It was always fun to hang out with Mari, even if she did seem to turn everything into a lesson for Yuki.

image.png.e9a0d38d6a161bce616e8251a7cf829b.png

Spoiler

Nothing found.

Edited by Zajcica

Nothing was going her way now. The luck she had with destroying the Gemini had faded with her quest to find materials. It was obvious she wasn't going to find anything useful on this floor for now. If she wanted to find more material, she would have to go back down to floor one and retake the quest. This constant failure of finding absolutely nothing was only beginning to aggravate her more than anything. One last look, turning up to find nothing, again, and the pink paladin groaned. Time to head back to town.

She turned on her heel towards the town of floor six to be met by the buzzing of overgrown insects. She quickly switched back to her battle equipment seeing as they were ready to fight. There was four of them in total, the same type of enemy, so it was likely that they all had the same stats. Even so, she hadn't seen any mobs on this floor yet, and would be ready to run if she needed to.

Spoiler

Enemies spawned, Giant Waspsx4 (75HP, 20DMG)

Yuki switches back to her sword and shield.

Edited by Zajcica

The wasps quickly surrounded the pink haired woman. She watched closely as they all approached her slowly, looking for an opening her defense. She showed no weakness to them. Her blade lit up in its beautiful pink gleam and soared in a circle around all her enemies. They all reeled back to the damage, and she was happy to see that her combat skills were better than her regular looting skills. A few critical popped up for her, and her mood was instantly flipped. Battling was so much more fun than collecting materials.

It didn't take long for the bugs to come after her, though. Her armor took most of the hits, but one go through and thorns did its due. She hoped this would not be a repeat of the wolves on floor one, but it was certain she would get some col and maybe some materials for combat.

image.png.472901a272a49cc8432592e3fde459fd.png

Yuki
Level: 4 | HP:  79/80 | Energy: 0/8

Stats

Giant Wasp 1 65/75 (5x2)=10 DMG
Giant Wasp 2 69/75 (3x2)=6 DMG
Giant Wasp 3 69/75 (3x2)=6 DMG
Giant Wasp 4 49/75 (4x2)=8 DMG, -18 Thorns= 26 DMG

Rage Spike hits all targets.

Giant Wasps (75HP, 20DMG)

Edited by Zajcica

Barely even scathed, Yuki knew she could easily take these mobs on and let her thorns destroy them slowly, just as she had done with the wolves on floor one. It was a simple enough strategy if the mobs could actually hit her to begin with. She had already damaged them pretty decently with her sword art, but  that used up the entirety of her energy, so she wouldn't be able to use anymore from here unless she chose not to attack. That wouldn't get her any where really, unless they missed for another ten attacks.

She chose her target as it lunged out at her. The blade slashed through it's body, causing it miss its own attack. Two of the others' stingers pierced through her quickly. Thorns damaged them for their stupidity and her health bar barely moved. It was always re assuring to see that no matter how much the enemy attacked her, that it was pretty much impossible for them to kill her no matter what they did.

image.png.fbe3d5ef263f9e722c2d6300e07b5839.png
image.png.b296437a2c83ede5a03ad459721233dd.png

Yuki
Level: 4 | HP:  78/80 | Energy: 0/8

Stats

Giant Wasp 1 62/75 3 DMG
Giant Wasp 2 69/75
Giant Wasp 3 52/75 -18 Thorns
Giant Wasp 4 31/75 -18 Thorns

Edited by Zajcica

These enemies were good at surrounding a single target and making them regret the pack mentality, but unfortunately for them, Yuki was just too tough. She could take any of the damage they dealt to her and return it all tenfold. It made fighting random mobs almost effortless compared to some of the boss monsters that she took on. Granted those guys didn't stand any more of a chance that these guys did. 

They surrounded her again, all attempting to make Yuki regret fighting them here. She didn't regret anything at all. This was so much more fun than farming materials and guaranteed that she would get payback. Col and maybe materials. Perhaps she would get lucky with another perfect weapon and get something better than she did when she took it to be appraised last time.

Her blade slashed through the same wasp and the others did their damage. Thorns wasn't enough to teach them the errors of their ways just yet.

image.png.7f03c698dae5449cf5c4947f4ebdb49a.png

Yuki

Stats

Giant Wasp 1 41/75 3 DMG, -18 Thorns
Giant Wasp 2 69/75
Giant Wasp 3 34/75 -18 Thorns
Giant Wasp 4 31/75 

Edited by Zajcica

The battle continued. Most of the enemies were below half of their health by now and Yuki still sat at full health. One of them seemed to be keeping most of it health thus far, so it probably would be best for her to target it with her attacks next. The first one came in quick, her blade slashed though it effortlessly. Its health ticked for almost nothing compared to what her thorns was capable of. All of the enemies attacked together, but even still none of them landed a decisive hit against her, meaning her thorns wasn't going to do anything.

After this battle, she would make her way back to the town. She knew it was going to take some time to finish these mobs off, so she didn't want to risk getting caught up in another fight. She prepared herself for the next waves of attacks, sword at the ready.

image.png.c8183d3592fc22bfe625e7d640f0831c.png

Yuki
Level: 4 | HP:  80/80 | Energy: 0/8

Stats

Giant Wasp 1 38/75 3 DMG
Giant Wasp 2 69/75
Giant Wasp 3 34/75 
Giant Wasp 4 31/75 

Edited by Zajcica

The giant wasps surrounded her again making some kind of formation. If they could feel aggravation, they probably would have felt just as annoyed as Yuki did looking for materials. They all bum rushed her, ready to kill. The stingers jab at her metal chest plate, doing no more than one damage per hit, for each hit was that was successful. She slashed through one of the wasps as the attacked, leaving a red cut that was meant to mock a cut like in the real world.

It was good that way landing actual hits on her and not getting critical strikes ever time they hit her like the wolves were. If this were the wolves, they would have been dead already. That being said, combat was going more smoothly than her last encounter for being on a higher floor. Perhaps the wolves had an increased chance to hit critical attacks was all.

image.png.ac24116c3e295fb10569e47f6e5fe45d.png

Yuki

Stats

Giant Wasp 1 35/75 3 DMG
Giant Wasp 2 51/75 -18 thorns
Giant Wasp 3 16/75 -18 thorns
Giant Wasp 4 31/75 

Edited by Zajcica

Yuki took a step back to get all the enemies around her in her view. She tried again to activate a sword art again to no avail. Her energy reserves were still way too low because she continued to attack ever time she had a chance. It was getting annoying that she couldn't do any more damage than the base amount with a regular attack. Tanking sucked in that regard. She couldn't do anything by herself except let enemies hit her to deal damage and wait for them to die.

They dove around her jabbing at her avatar in attempt to kill her. None of them landed a decisive hit on her, so no thorns but she was able to strike one of them with her sword with barely any damage. Hopefully they would get some damage on her next round so that her thorns could proc and this combat could not drag on.

image.png.58c839accbe4fc06073590a28f1f362c.png

Yuki
Level: 4 | HP:  80/80 | Energy: 0/8

Stats

Giant Wasp 1 35/75 
Giant Wasp 2 48/75 3 DMG
Giant Wasp 3 16/75 
Giant Wasp 4 31/75 

Edited by Zajcica