[PP-F22] <<Witch of the West>> Honeyed Nostalgia

Mari's hands clasped up to her cheeks as she slapped them hard, her startling voice responding to Jomei in almost a panic. "WHAAAT! I'm not infecting you! If anyting YOU'RE infecting ME!" She retorted as she pointed at him with an accusatory finger. "I haven't sucked this much in ages, but the moment you show up its like Im cursed! It's probably because you're a soulless ginger"  The last part was more of a joke, since -well. Pot calling the kettle black. But Mari felt the two could do with some more lighthearted banter. "Just you watch!" She called out as she shifted her stance to attack the monkey that he just missed.

"
NOt only will I hit it this time, but I'll hit the one YOU missed!" She charged forward, and in a few fancy pirouette moves using her <<Eternal Cyclone>> Sword Art - she had managed to narrow down the Elite gorilla into a mere sliver of health.

"HA!"

Mari burst out into relieved and hysterical laughter, clapping her hands together as she watched the mangy monkey fall. "That's. More. Like. It." She said in unison with each clap. "FInally. Finally." She beamed as she turned to look at Jomei. "Lookit that, the poor thing is gonna straight up explode thanks to that sweet, sweet DoT." 

ID: 157101  BD: 8 +4-1=11  HIT   BLEED/BURN ACTIVATE
Charged Eternal Cyclone > Elite Monkey 2

11+5 (charge) x13 Eternal Cyclone
208-20=188

Passive +1 EN
Jomei: 1530/1530 
HP | 152/163 EN | 18 DMG | 4 ACC | 4 EVA | 52 MIT | 2 Savvy | 77 B. Healing
Mari  1090/1090 HP | 94/106 EN | 11 DMG | EVA 3 | MIT 43 | ACC 4  -11

Elite Flying Monkey 1  220/220 HP |  90 DAM (45 MIN) | 35 MIT  -

Elite Flying Monkey 2   32/220HP |  90 DAM (45 MIN) | 35 MIT 188    BURN 24/24 2 Turns  Bleed  24/24 2 Turns

@Jomei

Edited by Mari

"Oi!" The Irishman shot a playful glare back at Mari, after she had called him a soulless ginger, "Look who's talking" A playful jab that once bothered Jomei when he was a kid, the man did not mind it anymore.. would even go as far as to join in on the fun. Honestly, he had no idea where the idea that gingers had no souls came from, but he found humor in it. As he shot a look back at Mari, trying to look a bit offended, he struggled to hold back a bit of laughter. The corners of his lips quivered, fighting a smile. 

The moment passed, and the two were focused back on combat. Mari, now trying to one up Jomei since he missed, went after the target that he had tried to attack. Not only did she land a devastating hit, but also left a lasting burn effect. The gorilla yelped out in pain, patting at the wounds on its chest as if trying to snuff out some sort of fire. "Not bad, not bad at all." Jomei said with a smirk, "Looks like I'll handle this other guy then." 

Using his top tier sword art, Jomei shot forward with his rapier and riddled the ape's body with pierce marks, leaving it hanging on by just a mere thread. The ginger sucked his teeth when he saw his enemy still standing, yet barely. With a last ditch effort, after stumbling back from the player's attack, the flying monkey spun on its heel and delivered a powerful spinning haymaker. Its large fist crashed into the side of Jomei's temple, throwing him off of his feet and into the dirt. Hit armor had taken a large chunk of the attack, but he still took a hefty bit of damage. "Oof.. wasn't expecting that.." he said as he pushed himself up to a knee, trying to mend the tingling sensation that replaced pain by the side of his head. 

ID 157641 | BD 6(+4) 10 | Over Radiation vs. Elite Flying Monkey 1 
14 x 18 = 252 (-35) = 217

Jomei: 1473/1530 
HP | 144/163 EN | 18 DMG | 4 ACC | 4 EVA | 52 MIT | 2 Savvy | 77 B. Healing
Mari  1090/1090 HP | 94/106 EN | 11 DMG | EVA 3 | MIT 43 | ACC 4  

Elite Flying Monkey 1  3/220 HP |  90 DAM (45 MIN) | 35 MIT  -217 
ID 157642 | MD 10 vs Jomei | 92 (-35) 57 DMG

Elite Flying Monkey 2   32/220HP |  90 DAM (45 MIN) | 35 MIT 188    BURN 24/24 2 Turns  Bleed  24/24 2 Turns
ID 157643 | MD 6(-4) vs Mari | Miss

@Mari

Edited by Jomei

Mari turned to the first Elite Monkey, a big ass gorilla that was grounded, its once full and feathery wings broken and worn. He stared at Mari with a gleaming hatred - his beady eyes watching her as she approached. The Gorilla tried to attack her, but he could barely lift his arms. "yanno, I'd almost feel bad for it." Mari mused. "If it wasn't pointing at us and laughing earlier." She finished as she drove her dagger into its head, between its eyes. She winced at the action. It was...rather brutal, wasn't it?

Even if it was just data. The gorilla exploded into shards of said data in front of her and Mari sighed in relief. Now, all they had to fight was the witch in the tower. She turned to see Jomei picking himself up off the ground.

"You uh... are you okay?" Mari asked Jomei as she turned back around and approached him. Mari hesitated a moment before reaching out to offer him her hand. "Here, lemmie help ya up. It's not like ya can catch gingeritis from me or anything." Mari added with a small smirk.

@Jomei

ID"157983  BD:4 + 4= 8   Basic Attack > Elite Monkey 1
11 DAM

Passive: +1 EN
Jomei: 1473/1530 
HP | 144/163 EN | 18 DMG | 4 ACC | 4 EVA | 52 MIT | 2 Savvy | 77 B. Healing
Mari  1090/1090 HP | 95/106 EN | 11 DMG | EVA 3 | MIT 43 | ACC 4  

Elite Flying Monkey 1  0/220 HP |  90 DAM (45 MIN) | 35 MIT  -11 
Elite Flying Monkey 2  0/220HP |  90 DAM (45 MIN) | 35 MIT 188    BURN 24/24 1 Turns  Bleed  24/24 1 Turns  -48 DAM Burn/Bleed

Edited by Mari

The two hulking apes that stood in between them and the entrance to the witches tower did not remain standing for long. The one Mari had landed her attack on, perished due to the searing burn of Mari's dagger while the second, that Jomei had left barely hanging on to life, was easily finished off by Mari as well. The ginger let out a small sigh of relief as both of the gorillas popped, the shards of what remained falling slowly to the rocky terrain before vanishing. "Glad thats over with." Jomei said with a smile.

As Jomei began to pick himself up off of the ground, he noticed Mari's hand out of his peripherals. He looked up to see the woman was offering to help him up. Jomei smiled and took her hand, easily standing up with her assistance, "Thank you." . Once the question was raised if he was okay, the man's eyes went to his health bar in the upper right corner of his hud. The damage that he had taken from the gorilla quickly reverted, his passive healing prowess bringing him back up to full. "Yup, good as new. I don't think you took any damage, right? .. Guess we're in pretty good shape to push on then, yeah?" As Jomei stood, he sheathed his blade at his side once more. Behind them, he heard the slow sound of creaky hinges. The curved, wooden door to the witches tower unlocked and slowly opened, allowing Jomei and Mari to proceed to, hopefully, the final enemy of this quest. "Lets do this.." 

Jomei: 1530/1530 HP | 145/163 EN (+77 BH)

@Mari

"You know..." Mari began as the two walked. "I didn't think I'd be doing this today." She said as she eyed Jomei. "W-well not this I'd be doing the quest but I mean...THIS. She emphasized as she gestured between her and him. "I'm not used to doing quests with people - well people that aren't Macradon." Mari added with a wry smile. If it weren't for her best friend, who knows where she'd be now. Mari was afraid to think of those sort of dark things. Instead she offered Jomei a wider smile. "Despite the ...er... short comings -I'm kinda...relieved I guess, to have someone here. It's more entertaining then going at it alone." Mari turned her attention to the ajar door, "Right, let's go."

Before the Witch could even turn around Mari had kicked the door the rest of the way open, charging forward, she ducked low - and turned on her heel to pivot - dealing the wicked witch a flurry of blows with her dagger, on the last blow - Mari stumbled back. Landing on her cossack bone. Mari wiped her brow with the back of her hand. "Well, at least it hit her, right?" She added an awkward laugh at the end. As far as first impressions went, this was probably one of the worst- why was she struggling so much with her accuracy today? Normally, she never- ever had an issue. It must just be one of those days...

Action: Charged Eternal Cyclone
ID: 158537  BD: 3-1=2+4=6 HIT
5 + 11 = 16 x 13 = 208-70=138
Jomei: 1530/1530 
HP | 145/163 EN 
Mari:  Mari  1090/1090
 HP | 95/106 EN | 11 DMG | EVA 3 | MIT 43 | ACC 4  
Witch: 562/700 HP  | 100 DAM (50 min) | 70 MIT
-138 DAM

@Jomei

Edited by Mari
  • 2 weeks later...

The two players pushed open the rotten wood door to the witch's tower, the creak of the hinges bouncing off the stone interior, sending an echo to the highest reaches of the structure, "Well.. if she didn't know we were here, she probably does now.." Jomei said to himself as Mari proceeded past him. The ginger followed suit and the two began to ascend the spiraling staircase of the tower, their boots clacking against the stone surface with each step. Jomei's attention turned to Mari as she began to speak about how this was not in her original plans for the day. The ginger cocked his head curiously, as he had found Mari snooping at the base of the hill to the castle when he had arrived. However, she quickly corrected herself, meaning to say she did not expect to do this with someone else, let alone a stranger. It seemed her usual questing partner, if not out on her own, was Macradon. Jomei responded with a smile and small chuckle, "Yeah, Macradon is a pretty good friend and questing partner. Last we fought together was this past Halloween, the two of us were forced to take on a horde of zombies until the sun rose the next morning.." the man sighed, "it was exhausting, to say the least."

Jomei smiled across to Mari, "I'm glad things turned out the way they did too. I probably would have done the same and went at this quest alone if I had not run into you.. And I've enjoyed your company." By this time, the two were standing before a second door, one to the witches lair at the top of the tower. From the crack in the door, the two could see the witch stood at a large, bubbling cauldron, mixing away at some sort of brew. The potent smell escaped through the opening in the door, causing Jomei's nose to scrunch. Before he had a chance to act, the bottom of Mari's boot was plowing into the door, forcing it open. 

The woman rushed in and just landed an attack, her blade sinking into the Witch. As Mari stumbled backwards after finishing her sword art, Jomei shot forward through the open door. The man launched himself into the air over Mari, his Charge skill giving him that extra boost. However, as Jomei descended onto the green skinned witch, she barely threw herself out of the way, leaving the tip of Jomei's rapier to collide with the cauldron with a resounding clang. "Dammit.." Jomei cursed under his breath, turning to face the witch, who was raising her hand forward and keeping her distance from the two players. " I don't like the look of that.." Jomei said back to Mari.

ID 160388 | BD 2 (+4)(-1) 5 Miss  | Charge + Over Radiation

Jomei: 1530/1530 HP | 144/163 EN | 18 DAM | 4 EVA | 4 ACC | 52 MIT| 2 SAVVY | 76 BH
 HP | 95/106 EN | 11 DMG | EVA 3 | MIT 43 | ACC 4  
Witch: 562/700 HP  | 100 DAM (50 min) | 70 MIT

@Mari

Edited by Jomei
  • 3 weeks later...

"Yeh...not exactly quiet, is it?" Mari asked as she took a side ward glance at the door. The hinges were probably a century old, the witch- possibly older. At least in theory. As their steps around the spiral staircase echoed around them Jomei broke the silence. Continuing their conversation from earlier. "That...really, all night?" Mari pursed her lips. "That sounds...a little far fetched. Gosh. I hope you two took it in shifts so your energy could recoup orate. I know the zombies on the 10th floor can be a little bit of a hastle if you allow them to...yanno..." Mari squished her hands together. "Sorta get into a hoarde. It's not so much the HP or strength, just the sheer numbers... It's a shame I missed that event." Mari fell quiet. Her eyes downcast. "I've missed a lot, I guess."

Lowenthals death, event after event, and the disappearance of old friends. Just how much had Mari missed in her isolation?

Mari jumped slightly as Jomei turned to smile at her. Offering kind words. Mari coughed to clear the lump in her throat, quickly brushing off the compliment. "Ah, well...that's just cause you don't really know me too well. I'm sure I'll grate on your nerves soon or later." Mari said with a forced laugh.

----

The battle had commenced. With both mari and Jomei having exchanged their blows, it was the Witches turn to cast her move. Or spell...

Mari grit her teeth. "It's fine...I've got the hate right now anyway." Mari turned to glance back at Jomei, offering him a grin as she jutted her thumb toward herself. "I'm kinda  hate magnet, player or mob. So this should be a piece o' cake. You just stay safe n' sound. Mmmkay?"

The witch cackled, diverting Mari's attention to her just in time for the witch to throw a potion bottle toward Mari. "Wh-HEY!" Mari called back as she knocked it out the way just in time. "Watch where ya throwing things you old hag!" 

Mari sprung forth and with a quick flurry of pivoted strikes she had successfully attacked the Witch. "Dammit..." Mari seethed as she glanced up at the Witches HP bar. "That mitigation really bites for people with small ass weapons like ours, huh?"

@Jomei

Witch ID: 164463  MOB: 8-3=5 MISS
Mari ID: 164464  BD: 5 + 4=9 HIT
Action: Eternal Cyclone - 11 x 13=143-70= 73
-

Jomei: 1530/1530 HP | 144/163 EN | 18 DAM | 4 EVA | 4 ACC | 52 MIT| 2 SAVVY | 76 BH
 HP | 84/106 EN | 11 DMG | EVA 3 | MIT 43 | ACC 4   -11 EN
Witch: 489/700 HP  | 100 DAM (50 min) | 70 MIT -73 DAM

Edited by Mari

Rather than the typical melee attack that most mobs resorted to, it seemed the Witch had something else up her sleeve. Procuring a small bottle from her robe, she tossed it towards Mari. The colored liquid sloshed around within the corked bottle as it tumbled through the air towards the other ginger. Quick reflexes allowed Mari to push the bottle out of her way, leaving it to shatter against the stone floor a couple of feet away from them. The green liquid created a small puddle that began to steam and sizzle. "Good thing that didn't hit us..." the ginger said with a chuckle, before Mari rushed in to land another attack with her dagger.

In the meantime, Jomei prepped himself for his own attack. With a short, but sharp, whistle, Jomei called upon his owl companion. The owl had previously perched window higher up towards the ceiling, but had now taken flight towards the green skinned hag. Large brown wings flapped heavily in the witches face before banking off to the side. During this, Jomei quickly moved around to the opposite side and waited for Adere's distraction to strike. Once the witch's head had turned, Jomei shot forward, and his blade made contact. What followed was an array of lightning fast stabs and slashes, dropping the witches health by another large chunk. Once his attack had finished, he looked over to Mari with a smirk. "I seem to be holding out alright."

ID 164860 | BD 8(+4) 12 Hit | Over Radiation
14 x 18 (-70) = 182 DAM

[1] Jomei: 1530/1530 HP | 136/163 EN | 18 DAM | 4 EVA | 4 ACC | 52 MIT| 2 SAVVY | 76 BH
[2] Mari:  Mari  1090/1090
 HP | 84/106 EN | 11 DMG | EVA 3 | MIT 43 | ACC 4
Witch: 307/700 HP  | 100 DAM (50 min) | 70 MIT  -182

@Mari

Edited by Jomei
  • 2 weeks later...

"Yeh." Mari said in agreeance as she watched the Witch refill another glass container. "Who knows what that'd do to us, turn our skin green?" Mari gestured between her face and Jomei's. "I dunno about you, but I don't think it'd suit either of our complexions."

As Mari lunged forward to attack the witch threw another glass vial. It smashed just in front of Mari's feet - the attack missing. Mari couldn't help but smirk. She inhaled to say something, a witty remark - a snark comeback. But the area where the bottle smashed was quickly enveloped in smoke. Halting Mari's attack. She had to stop in her tracks. One hand going up to cover her mouth as she began coughing.

A quick glance to her health suggested the attack did nothing more than cause an inconvenient smokescreen. "Tch...at least it didnt turn my skin green." The witch had only lost half its health, it seemed that the ginger duo still had a long way to go yet.

At least the item would be worth it.

@Jomei
Mari ID:165752 BD: 1 MISS
-Passive +1 En

HP | 83/106 EN | 11 DMG | EVA 3 | MIT 43 | ACC 4   -2
Witch: 307/700 HP  | 100 DAM (50 min) | 70 MIT

Witch ID: 165753  MOB: 3 > Jomei Miss

Edited by Mari
  • 4 weeks later...

Jomei scoffed at Mari's comment about the wide range of possibilities of effects the potions could have on the two players. "I wear enough green, thank you very much" he said with a smirk towards the Witch, "I'd rather not have my skin match." Mari charged forward for a follow up attack, just as the green skinned hag released another vial of liquid. The bottle shattered at Mari's feet as she rushed forward, the liquid contents of the bottle spreading upwards into a dark, thick cloud of smoke. Jomei could hear the coughing from his companion, but could only see a rough outline of her in the black cloud. 

As the smoke began to fade, the ginger followed through with his own attack. Jomei circled around the smoke, hoping it would mask his approach a bit. Once the witch was in full view of Jomei, she already had procured another bottle, this one of a sickly, green color. Popping the cork off of the bottle, the hag tossed the potion towards Jomei, the liquid pouring out and splashing as the glass hurtled towards Jomei. The green, acrid liquid splashed down around the witch's lair with a hiss, the acid within slowly eating away at anything it landed on. It was a good thing it had not landed on Jomei or Mari at all. 

Dodging the various puddles of acid that ate through the floor and furniture, Jomei's sword met with the witch's body, delivering a devastating attack that knocked her health down by another large chunk, leaving the once green bar to flash red. "We've almost got her!" Jomei shouted back to Mari.

ID 168461 | BD 8(+4 ACC)(+@2 Savvy) | Over Radiation
18 x 14 = 252(-70) 182 DMG

Jomei: 1530/1530 HP | 136/163 EN | 18 DAM | 4 EVA | 4 ACC | 52 MIT| 2 SAVVY | 76 BH
 HP | 83/106 EN | 11 DMG | EVA 3 | MIT 43 | ACC 4 
Witch: 125/700 HP  | 100 DAM (50 min) | 70 MIT (-182) 

@Mari

Edited by Jomei

Mari snorted at his comment. "Naw, but you look good in green." It was...surprisingly easy to talk to the man. Mari had been so concerned about - well everything mere hours ago. Worried he'd be hostile toward her. That he'd be cold. Hell, every scenario had gone through her head. Every one except this.  Were her efforts at trying to redeem herself slowly working? Or were people just that apathetic to death in here?

As the smoke cleared Mari charged forward, and in a sweeping pirouette attacked the Witch - wiping down half her remaining health.

"Phew..." Mari added with an exasperated sigh as she fell back from her attack. "I feel like this would have gone a lot smoother if one of us had more than a sharpened butter knife for a weapon." She turned to Jomei and offered him a wry, cheesy grin. "Guess it's up to you to finish her off."

Mari jutted her finger towards the Witch who was muttering to herself as she quickly began to fill up bottles and vials. Seems she didn't think the battle would be going on this long either. 

@Jomei

Passive +1 En
ID:168698 BD:4 + 4=8    MOB: 6-3-3 MISS

Jomei: 1530/1530 HP | 136/163 EN | 18 DAM | 4 EVA | 4 ACC | 52 MIT| 2 SAVVY | 76 BH
 HP | 73/106 EN | 11 DMG | EVA 3 | MIT 43 | ACC 4  -11 EN
Witch: 52/700 HP  | 100 DAM (50 min) | 70 MIT -73

Edited by Mari

With a quick look over to Mari, Jomei offered a kind smile in response to the compliment made to her green clad companion. Maybe even a friend after this was all over. Jomei could only assume the negativity Mari had faced thus far. The old Jomei would have never given Mari the time of day.. but time in this game had done Jomei well. 

"Heh" Jomei smirked, "May not do as much damage.. but we are definitely a lot faster than some of our heavily armed friends." With a flourish of his blade, the ginger took a few steps forward, "I've got her." 

As the duelist picked up speed, his feet carrying him faster and faster towards the witch, a pained and desperate look on her face. The green skinned woman frantically filled another vial and threw it before Jomei, creating a very similar screen of dark smoke. With a quick leap through the smoke, Jomei used the wall behind the witch as a springboard, kicking off of it to get behind the witch. Before the man hit the ground, his rapier cut deep into their enemy, creating a triangle across her frame. As his boots finally touched the wood floor again, Jomei pulled his arm back and delivered one final thrust to the center of her back, the length of his blade piercing through and protruding out the other side. As the smoke faded, the witch stood there twitching for just a moment, before erupting into a fountain of red and white fragments of data. 

As the glass like pieces rained around the ginger, the man released the breath he was holding and returned his rapier to his hip.
"Well.. that was fun." Jomei said to Mari with a smile. 

ID 168703 | BD 6(+4) | Delta Attack
18 x 8 = 144(-70) =74 DMG

Jomei: 1530/1530 HP | 133/163 EN | 18 DAM | 4 EVA | 4 ACC | 52 MIT| 2 SAVVY | 76 BH
 HP | 73/106 EN | 11 DMG | EVA 3 | MIT 43 | ACC 4  
Witch: 0/700 HP  | 100 DAM (50 min) | 70 MIT

@Mari

Edited by Jomei

Mari nodded as she brushed her fringe out of her freckled face. "Yeh - I definitely feel more light on my feet when I'm not carrying around a heavy ass sword or hammer, or - whatever." She shrugged. "And I couldn't do the whole katana thing. It seems a little weeabo to me." She snorted, thinking of Baldur - and how he used them - he did fit the type - but he was handsome enough to get away with it.

Mari watched as  Jomei demonstrated his words, springing to his feet and toward the Witch - she frantically tried to fill another vial but to no avail. She shrieked as Jomei bounced off the wall, striking the witch from behind. She twitched, and cackled, crying out for sweet vengeance - before exploding. "Huh..." Mari crossed her arms over her chest. "And here I thought she'd melt or somethin' Kinda disappointed that she didn't."

Mari headed over to where the witch...disintegrated and picked up the items - handing one to Jomei. "Yeh..." She said sheepishly. "If...." This was hard to admit. "If-I'm being honest..." Mari began as she rubbed her shoulder. "I really wasn't expecting such- casual interactions, I really..." She looked up to meet his gaze, and couldn't help but give him a faint smile.

"I really appreciate this, thank you."

The day, truly had been fun.

Mari receives:
2SP (thread + bonus)
200 Col
+1 CD consumable

Jomei receives:
5 SP (3 quest, 1 thread, +bonus)
200 Col
+1 CD consumable