[F01 | SP] A Humble Beginning. <<The First Few Lessons are Free>>

Woah.

Bleed froze in place while he tried to understand where he was. It was just a second ago when he managed to launch the game, he could swear he was laying on his bed that time... Oh, the game.

...Now what is this town?

He have tried VR games before, but none can match how immersive the current VR he is in right now, he is not playing as a character, he is in the game. The healthy bunches of flowers that decorated the fancy town reeked the sweet odor of nature like those that can be found in real life, the breeze can be felt. Since when have technology reached this level? It's too realistic, no delays, very responsive system. He balled his fist and launched it forward, then he started testing his joints by executing simple body movements, stretching his limbs and hopping in place. Everything felt real, except that it took him lesser effort to execute his movements.

His focus shifted from the bizarre mechanics to the massing silhouettes that glowed blue in a short delay before the forming unique facial features of each made him realize that more players started spawning. Some seem to know one another the moment they spawned, maybe they knew one another in real life, some seemed as amused as he was. The redhead quietly made his way to the sidewalk and explored the town from one side... grinning.

...Sweet.

Edited by Bleed
  • 2 weeks later...

The amused redhead strode down on the pavements of the town while more and more players seemed to spawn by the town, all of them wearing what seemed to be starting equipments that are nearly identical to what he was wearing; they differ in color. Bleed did not pay much attention on which direction he'd turn, but he twisted and turned around the town as if the turns were made decisively... they weren't, but he found himself infront of a fancy-looking wooden cabin. There were no signs nor notifications on his screen, but he had the urge to push the door open. "Is this allowed..?" He muttered to himself with his lips pursed before deciding to push the door open, the hinges of the wooden door creaked before Bleed realized he should have knocked first. His nostrils flared as an unidentified odor welcomed him in.

He was not sure what it smelled like... there were a mix of bitter and sweet scent, yet the the aroma herbs was the strongest. 

potions? He wondered and wandered around at the same time, the bookshelves on each side of the cabin appeared to be old, but the books seemed like they have just been bought, the covers were still vibrant, unscratched. He accidentally bumped his hips against the edge of a table while he was busy admiring the bookshelves, now that he have noticed, the table was topped with few glass-flasks, tall and short, that probably have made the clinking noise after he hit the table... and behind the table was an old man on a fancy blue and white robe that was embroided nicely with a running stitch of gold and white threads. Bleed jumped back after realizing that the man have been watching him get inside the cabin and explore without any permission.

"I.. uh, pardon, sire!" Without even trying, he added an accent that is identical to what he usually hear from medieval movies. "I ought to walk out now, if you do not mind!" He chuckled nervously before turning himself away from the old man.

"Halt, young lad, you are in the right place." The old man worded out, sounding as old as he looked.

Edited by Bleed

Bleed stopped in his tracks.

"Welcome to the Town of Beginnings, youngster. Fret not, we are expecting a lot of people like you arriving in this town today." The old man added and ceased from brewing concoctions. "Feel free to look around." 

The lad was surprised that the old man was not chasing him out of the house, he sounded rather gentle and polite. I wish he did not  mean he was expecting more trespassers. He let out a shuddered breath before he turned facing the old man. No one has to tell him what the elder is, he was obviously something related to alchemists, perhaps a potion brewer. His eyes roamed the place once again, admiring the medieval accent that its interior possessed. "Nice house.." He blurted out carefully.

"Workplace," He corrected. "But yes, I live in here too...but tell me, kid, what made you enter my place?"

Bleed pursed his lips. "I'm not sure, too.. I just got here and I'm pretty lost of what to do, or where to start with." He admitted shyly.

"I can give you something worth your while." 

"I'm up for any." 

"I'm running short of tier one materials for my latest brew, if you don't mind helping an old man, I'd really appreciate it. My name's Zackhariah, the town's alchemist." The old man introduced both his request and himself, not leaving his table. 

"I'm Bleed, and of course, I'd be glad to be some sort of help." Bleed smiled before he reached for the back of his head for a scratch. There was a moment of silence, the Alchemist was expecting more questions for the newcomer.

"So uh, how do these materials look like?" Bleed followed up.

The old man smiled and pointed open-handed at the set of pouches placed on one end of the table. The pouches made of cloth came with different colors, red, purple, blue and brown. "Tier one materials are inside the brown pouches. You can find it on the woods, travel east from the center of the city. I wish you the best, young lad." Zackariah instructed and smiled at him. 

Bleed was about to step out of the workplace when the old man spoke once more. 

"I assume you know how to open your inventory."

The lad shut his eyes closed and hurried back to the table, looking embarrassed. "I unfortunately.. do not."