[PP-F3] <<Treant Rivalries>> I think I saw you but I know I'm not supposed to. I must be dreaming 'cause I don't believe in ghosts.

Life continued his self tour on the lower floors, it was his way of re-familiarizing himself with his surroundings given he had isolated himself on floor eight for two years. He also was hunting for new quests to increase his experience so he could make his return to the front lines. He had already gone up a whole level from one quests after slaying <<Kumatetsu>> on his own. Floor three didn't seem so different to six or eight, just more jungle and more dense forest. except instead of being surrounded amazonian women he was surrounded by dainty elves. Never was a fan of Elves in video games Life thought to himself. Just minding his own business one of those elves ran up to his side with urgency, pulling at his sleeves. "Sir please! Can you help us?!" Life blinked and stared at the NPC that was pulling at him without permission. Not a good first impression. "What do you want, Elf." The NPC continued "We're at a war with the treants and we need the help of adventurers to break the stalemate and bring us victory!" Life raised an eyebrow at the Elf. "Thanks, you can let me go now, I got a treant to find." Life turned away, heading back toward the denser part of the forest. Its not like it was that big of a deal, they were just A.I and he didn't like being tugged at. 

Life would roam the forests until he found a treant to speak with "Excuse me tree sir, I understand you require help with a certain Elf problem?" The treant looked at him with pleasant confusion.. "Well, yes. They invaded our homes, used us for our wood... they're monsters." Life scoffed "Yea look I'm just here for the experience, quest accepted. Give me my objective." Life looked at the quest details, he had to slay six soldiers, the commander, and then the king. "Hmm well I never was one for monarchy." Life flashed back to killing the goblin king when he was just a newbie with Alkor and a small gang of others. He missed him and wondered where he was these days, if he really was actually alive. He found the idea hard to believe considering he literally watched him die. 

Stats:
Level 25 | 500 HP | 50 Energy | 14 Damage | 2 Evasion | 2 Accuracy | 2 Light Momentum | 8 Mitigation

Spoiler

Rank 5 Katana
Rank 2 Light Armour
Survival
Equipped: 
Lunar Eclipse - Fate (+6 Damage)
Battle Kimono (+2 light momentum +1 Evasion)
Gift of the Goddess (+2 Accuracy + 1 Evasion) 

Inventory
- 8 Hp Potions (+50 Hp)
- Kami armguards T2 (+3LD) | Knightmare cloak T2 (+36 Mit +1 EVA) | Fates calling (+3 damage)

@Alkor

Edited by Life

Embroiled in conflict, the Elves and Treants smashed against each other constantly. Alkor watched passively as NPCs burst into streams of data, emptying out the battlefield before the inevitable respawn. The quest givers hung toward the back, glowering in the direction of one another, but ultimately remained away from the violence.

Alkor took the opportunity to tread through the lot of them, reaping indiscriminately in the interest of experience. Corpses hewn aside dissipated quickly, and the dark swordsman was left in solitary introspection. He had yet to decide which side to throw his backing behind.

Both types of enemies seemed to yield similar experience. The drops were garbage. The quest items would probably be the determining factor. 

He ripped Blightsteel through the back of the Elf that ran at him last, exhaling loudly from his ennui.

Hopefully, something interesting would happen soon. He dropped down to the third floor to sweep up any quests he had passed over. The experience points were decent enough to matter, to propel him toward the next level and the ability to fight stronger enemies and ascend to higher floors.

His obsession had evolved into zeal.

Alkor level 29

590/590 HP 58 Energy

9 DMG 1 Blight 3 EVA 48 MIT 

Blightsteel: T2 Demonic Curved Sword [Cursed | DMG | DMG | Blight]

Nightmare Bomber: T2 Perfect Light Armor [MIT | MIT | EVA]

Vagabond's Mark: +3 Evasion T1 Perfect Trinket.

Rank 5 Curved Sword Rank 3 Light Armor Athletics Mod

Life made his way over towards the battlefield, he had some killing to do for the treants. Life stood at the foot of the battlefield, the edge of the forest, looking out as the vast battlefield of lush green grass. Looking at the treants, you wouldn't guess that they'd be struggling, but it seems the Elves were stronger than they appeared. 

And the Life spotted him. 

Life couldn't believe his eyes, it was him just, with longer hair it seemed. Alkor? So what Mari said had to be true. Life took steps slowly towards him, hoping to get a better look at him. "Arrgh!" An elf vanished into a flurry of particles as the visage who resembled Alkor murdered it. Yep, that was him alright. "I'm either hallucinating, in an episode of paranormal, or you're a zombie. And I don't believe in ghosts or remember taking any shrooms. What in the hell happened to you!" Life's limbs were shaking in disbelief. He had spent two years in isolation under the assumption Alkor was dead, and here he was, still killing [censored]. Knowing Alkor wouldn't really be one for touching reunions Life thought a better idea to perhaps continue as though nothing happened. "So, you want to kill some knife ears for a quest?" Life said as he brandished his brand new katana, it was twice as strong as his old one. The hilt was modest as to not take away from the blades craftsmanship, a cobalt alloy with a silvery blue shimmer in high visibility. The blade matched the rest of him, his black-blue hair, and ebonweave armored yukata that only appeared blue in the light, pure black in low-light areas. 

@Alkor

• 2 months later...

In a sense, he had died.

Perhaps he was still dead. To many people he knew, or had known, Alkor was a spectre. He only became real now to Life because the man had seen him. "I was eaten by a Hydra," Alkor answered with a Devil-may-care lilt to his voice. 

There was no point in rehashing the conversation again, and Life seemed to accept his existence without much of a fuss. Seeing is believing, he supposed. For the man long presumed dead, it was a great comfort that the other player did not ask many questions. He simply wanted to get into the fight and get his hands dirty.

Alkor turned slowly to face Life as the next question came. "Decided to back the Treants, eh?" he mused quietly. While he had not made any decision of his own in that regard, Alkor had nothing to lose one way or the other. And most people seemed to favor the Elves.

Perhaps it would prove enlightening to walk the path less traveled. 

The past few weeks since he awoke had been tumultuous and bitter, and the dark swordsman needed time and space to clear his head. Slaughtering a few elves could be a day's therapy- Or it could cause years of need for therapy down the line, but he'd already brushed with death once, so he made the decision to face the future when the future came, and not before that.