Spoiler

Yukiro

LEVEL 27
540 HP | 54 EN | 8 DMG | 3 ACC | 44 MIT | 3 EVA | 1 REG | 1 FLN 

Skills:
2H Straight Sword - Rk 5
Light Armor - Rk 2

Equipped:

• "Unnamed" - 2H Straight Sword (T2 Demonic) ACC x3 Gain 3 to the BD on an attack roll, cannot be used to make a critical hit | FALLEN x1 Successful attack rolls of 6-8 (before modifiers) gain 4 fallen damage to your total base damage.
  • "Briar Cloak" - Light Armor (T2 - Demonic) MIT x2 Prevent 36 damage from successful attacks against you | REG x1  | CRSD
  • "Ravenfeather Treads" - Light Armor (T1 - Perfect) EVA x3 Reduces the die value by 3 on an enemy’s attack against you. Cannot be used to avoid a critical hit.

Equipped Vanity Items:

N/A

Familiar: 

• Yumi - N/A

Battle-ready Items:

T1 Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP) x5
Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP) x3
Crystal of Agile Dragon Wings (Teleport crystal) x2
T1 Damage Potion. (+1 Damage) x1
T1 Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP) x2

The gentle breeze rustled the boy's white hair and black cloak. He was standing at the border of the Town of Beginning's main entrance, just barely inside the safety of the town. He wanted to simply turn around and go back to his shop, where he could hide from everything. But he'd promised himself that he'd do this. He had to start going back into the field. And if he couldn't do it now, would he ever be able to? 
With a heavy sigh, Yukiro equipped his massive, single-edged sword, which appeared on his back. No turning back now. 

The Dragon Quest wasn't a very big secret anymore. Yukiro had known about the creature for a long time now; apparently it was a beginner's nightmare. The perfect kind of thing to force him back into his old habits, he hoped. If not then... 

...Focus. You're not like that anymore. 

Yukiro lightly slapped his cheeks with his hands and took a deep breath. "Alright." 

And with that he turned around, fully intending to go back home. 

@NIGHT

"A miracle that I managed to catch you."

She stood a distance away from him, down the path he'd taken. Her eyes were cast to the side, trying not to meet Yukiro's as he'd turned.

It was a fine day, just like any other on the first floor. Instead of the bustle that came occasionally with newer players striking out on their own, though, the field was silent, save for the gust of wind that was starting to build. Her own necklace danced by her tracksuit, tinkling softly in the breeze. NIGHT willed herself to look back on her friend, ignoring the tightness in her throat. Her hands were shoved in her pocket.

"I haven't seen you in a while," she confessed, with a blink. "For a time, I thought you were gone too, you know."

It was... sickening to think that he was just like her, dealing with grief the same way she did. But that was also where the comfort lied, she guessed, much to her displeasure.

"I won't ask questions." A pause. "Not unless you want me to. Except... what's this today?" She flipped open a palm, acting as an invitation. "If you're out here to do something, then be a friend here. Let me help you, if you're not going to chat."

@Yukiro

Spoiler

NIGHT
 | HP: 770/770 | EN: 74/74
 | ACC: 2 | DMG: 16 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 36 | PARALYZE: 2 | KEEN: 1 | PARAV-D: 1

[Skills]
 | 
Mod Count: 2/5

1. Two-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Ferocity
  2. Heavy Armor | Passive | RANK 3/5 
    Athletics
  3. - - -
  4. - - -
  5. - - - 

-[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Concentration | Active -- CD: 3

[Equipment]

• Tobi-Kadachi
    -- [ Paralyze II | Natural successful attack rolls of 8-10 remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties. ]
    -- [ Keen | After a successful attack, gain +1 BD until your next successful attack, at which point this bonus is removed. Another successful attack will reactivate this enhancement. ]
  • Reminiscing The Lord
    -- [ Mitigation II | +18 MIT ]
    -- [ Paralytic Venom (Defensive) | Natural successful attacks against you of 8-10 removes the enemy’s action on their next turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties. ]
  • Silver Crescent Necklace
    -- [ Accuracy II | +2 ACC ]
    -- [ Evasion II | +2 EVA ]

-[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• Starter Healing Potions (3) --- Heals 50 HP.
  • [T1] Uncommon Health Potions (3) --- Heals 40 HP.
  • [T1] Over-health Potion (1) --- Provides 50 temporary HP.
  • - - -
  • - - -

[Misc]

• -- [ Familiar Mastery: Fighter | +6 DMG ]
Edited by NIGHT

When NIGHT spoke Yukiro froze up for a moment. That seemed to have become his natural reaction to encountering people he knew. Yukiro glanced at his friend and then at the ground, trying to hide as much of himself inside his cloak as possible. Out of everyone he knew, NIGHT was the most likely to be feeling what he felt. Not that it made him feel any better. 

"I was... just going to try and fight that dragon. The emerald one," he started, his voice quiet and somewhat shaky, "Um... I would appreciate the help. If you would."

A part of Yukiro's spirit dropped when he realized that he wasn't going to get away with just giving up anymore. But a part of him felt grateful to have someone to push him to trying harder. He bolstered his courage and continued. 

"I, um... Sorry. I didn't mean to worry you." 

He was also grateful that NIGHT was willing to avoid the topic Yukiro assumed she wanted to ask about. He promised himself that later on he'd talk to her about it. 

@NIGHT

Meek. His voice was meek. As she studied his face, her friend looking downwards, she could only taste sourness on her tongue. A wince. Her ally, her companion, her mentor. She couldn't believe the news had reduced him to this, but it was the truth.

Well, the burden wasn't something to be carried alone. They could take solace in that fact.

Her memory was faltering, with the events of recent, and so she pulled up her quest list, looking through her logs. The emerald dragon sounded familiar. She must've done it before, NIGHT thought.

"... The Dragon Hunter quest." She waved the menu away. "Oh. That thing." Her ideas of how it looked like were muddy, to say the least. She'd demolished it even before either her or her party member got the chance to take a look at the creature the last time they were on the expedition. "It shouldn't be a problem to you, actually... But I'm still walking with you." You look like you need the company.

NIGHT took charge, walking past Yukiro, fists balled up with determination. She took a glance up at him, making somewhat sure he was still following along (sometimes, it astounded her how tall her friend was).

"So," she started, her sights then set back on the path ahead of her. "Anyone else's seen you yet?" A pause. "You know, your--" Ugh, who was Bahr to him again? "... Bahr lives right next door to me. You should... pay him a visit sometime. Or at least drop by mine for a cup of tea. Door's always open for friends."

@Yukiro

Yukiro turned to walk with NIGHT, trailing just behind her. He wasn't sure how his friend could walk with so much confidence; he himself was somewhat slouched and looked right at the ground whenever possible. She said the dragon was easy, right? He should take some solace in that. 

"I met Cordelia earlier. She was the one that convinced me to... stop hiding." He paused for a moment. "I'll try to drop by sometime."

He was still struggling to talk to NIGHT, let alone anyone else. But Yukiro was still glad for the semblance of a casual conversation. It put him more at ease. Though the reminder that he'd have to face Apollo after flat out ignoring him for so long made the boy shudder. 

"...You have new equipment. Did... You get stronger?" He asked with a hint of nervousness. While he was glad to see that Night had gotten better, it also hurt to think that he was being left behind because he couldn't handle his grief. 

@NIGHT

Cordelia? Oh, right. NIGHT had scarcely remembered seeing her at the tavern so long ago. She nodded in appreciation. Whatever turn of happiness she'd seen during the time the player had known her had to be good news after all, if it would drive her to care for Yukiro so much. "Good to hear."

She starting to withdraw her hands back into her pockets again, as she felt her tall friend's eyes run across her gear. "I guess you could say that," the woman answered, after hearing out his query. She felt Tobi-Kadachi bear down on her back, a weight that didn't seem to go away even as its history was resolved and its appearance once changed before. "But not by much. I... I haven't been making much of an effort keeping up training myself." NIGHT swallowed, the look on her face hardening. "That's for a different reason, though, and maybe this isn't the right time to tell you about it."

It was embarrassing to admit that hint of vulnerability to her friend. A hand went up to the back of her neck, rubbing it as she closed her eyes. She recalled the moments she spent sitting, talking in another friend's restaurant, spilling her secrets with regards to Ceres, to DAY. NIGHT let out a breath at the thought of the latter, before bringing the topic up anyway, trying to keep down her fears.

"Y'know, I spoke to Lonzo once after the little Christmas dinner we had." She wondered if the recall would do anything to her friend. The woman kept herself wary of her friend's body language, eying him from the corner of her vision. "Hadn't seen him since forever, and what not. He's been wanting to set up his restaurant for a while. Make food that people enjoy. ... You, uh... You got anything you want to do like that?"

There was... something else she needed to tell him, from that same conversation. But it was better that she heard him out first. For both their sakes.

@Yukiro

Edited by NIGHT

Yukiro nodded as NIGHT admitted her lack of training. He completely understood; especially since he'd spent the last month locked up in his shop. He hated to admit it, but she was probably light years ahead of him by now. 

"Alright. Tell me when you're ready. I'll try not to push you." 

Then NIGHT asked him something unexpected. She asked if he had anything he wanted to do. 
...Do I have anything I want to do? 
Yukiro couldn't think of anything. His only real goal was to overcome his grief, and that hardly counted. He never really cared about the success of his shop, and ever since joining SAO he'd only ever focused on combat. Until... Until Tala...

"...I don't know," he admitted, "I never really thought about anything like that. Especially since..."
His voice trailed off. Yukiro slowed to a near stop, but quickly sped up to stay with NIGHT. 
"Um... What about you? Did you have anything you wanted to do?"

@NIGHT

"...I don't know. I never really thought about anything like that. Especially since..."

Her friend fell silent, save for his footsteps, which were slowed. She turned back, gaze meeting his form. When it occurred to her what might've happened, she tilting her head, shooting him a wince. She got the hint. "... Sorry. Touchy subject, I guess."

When he caught up, they continued down the path, NIGHT taking a breath and exhaling it. "Me..." She pressed her lips together, taking her eyes off the path and over towards the field. Rolling hills with green grass glimmering under the sunlight's serene rays. She wondered how many more people would get to see it, how many more would falter before they got the chance to. It wasn't easy, living a life and taking risks where and when you knew you were mortal. She collected her voice from the abyss she'd set her words in, trying to piece together her thoughts again.

"A house," was her reply. She turned to look at Yukiro, stopping her paces, and the wind blew back her hair in the tossing. "An apartment, actually. During the chat with Lonzo, we'd discussed getting our own places to rest in. No more shacking up in our workshops trying to make the best of our limited spaces anymore."

"Some sense of normality," she offered, a reason for her thought. "And then, I don't know. Back to the grind, and helping other players out. How things used to be for us, I guess." Her lips turned upwards, as she recalled approaching her red-headed friend, watching her set up her store in the backstreets by her own place. "It's a wonderful day job, seeing players like us come into their own light. And I guess, hunting bosses on the side. Never got tired of that. Fleur and a friend seemed to set me right on that, so far."

"... Oh, and I haven't really been telling people this." NIGHT met Yukiro's gaze, feeling her teeth grind against each other. "I met someone I fancied doing that. A woman." A wry smile formed on her face. "It... kinda was a shame for me, though. But I'm not in it for love's sake, helping others." She nodded onwards, towards the location of the quest target. "Shall we?"

NIGHT wondered if he picked up on it, as she starting moving again. Trying to fill the void between them, she continued. "Don't let me talk your ear off, Yukiro. You got anything you need help with? I can pop by your place to clean up or just hang out, if you need it. The system knows we need some downtime sometimes. Or if you want to know anything else, just ask."

@Yukiro

Yukiro waited in silence for NIGHT to come up with an answer to his question. The grass around them was getting greener as they went on, he noticed. Or maybe he was just getting used to seeing grass again. 

"A house. An apartment, actually." 

NIGHT came to a stop, Yukiro following her lead as she did. He listened as his friend began to recount the things she'd done and planned to do. She even told him about a special someone who'd caught her attention. Yukiro smiled ever so slightly as she spoke. 

"That sounds wonderful," he softly agreed, "It sounds like you know what you want, more or less. I'll try to support you in all of that."

NIGHT started to walk again, and so Yukiro followed. 

"I mostly just have to get caught up. It's been so long since I've done anything that I've fallen behind, both in numbers and skills. Having someone get me to go out more would be helpful," he admitted, "So feel free to come by. The place is more than a little messy though." 

As he spoke the boy avoided eye contact. His fighting instincts were messed up, he could feel it. That was the only thing he'd really had to his name, and if that was gone then he was going to be having a very bad life until he got it back. 

"Thanks again for joining me on this." 

@NIGHT

"Mmm." A nod, as the two continued onwards. "It's cool. Don't mention it. And.. I'd appreciate the support." She raised a finger to scratch at her cheek. "Really."

"I guess I'll stop by to clean up, then," NIGHT confirmed, looking at Yukiro, hands retreating to her pockets. She'd been itching to stay in and do something productive, now that she could finally relax. The task just seemed like it fit the bill. "But I'm warning you -- if it's training you're after, I'll really do my best to drag you around to bosses." She winced, involuntarily, thinking the potential of Bistro's backlog for kills. "Or... well, for starters, we could go back to seeking out manticores. They don't stand up much to us, any more, so there's no risk in taking them on."

"... It's... really good to see you out again, though." The player admitted, taking a glance around. Were they getting close to their mark? It sure felt like it. "Honest. Oh, and feel free to drag me out too, if you want. I'm... at a loss for things to do, myself."

@Yukiro

Spoiler

Yukiro: 540/540 HP | 42/54 (-13+1) EN | 8 DMG | 3 ACC | 44 MIT | 3 EVA  | 1 REG |  1 FLN
NIGHT: 770/770 HP | 74/74 EN
Rhaegal, Emerald Hatchling: 20/125 (-105) HP | 25 MIT | 50 DMG (HATE; Y: 2 // N: 0)
Abilities:
<<Screech>> On a LD roll of 17+ when this boss attacks, this boss will let out a piercing wail that somehow freezes the player in place, removes all evasion properties.

ID# 137391 | BD: 10
8+2= 10*13= 130-25= 105 DMG

"You're at a loss, huh?" Yukiro asked, the tiniest bit more confidence coming into his voice, "I guess we'll have to start forcing each other to do things." 
The boy smiled a bit at the ground as he thought about the conversation they were having. Just talking as they walked to do something... Just like back then. 
"It's good to see you to--" 
SCREEEEEEEEEEE!!!

A massively loud screech interrupted him. A green dragon about the size of a large crocodile had crawled up onto a large rock. Yukiro instinctively pulled his sword from his back and jumped forward, the thick, double-edged blade making a wonderfully familiar shing as it was drawn. 

He didn't think about it at the time, but it was relieving that Yukiro still had the basic skills he'd honed. It felt like he was given his identity back. 

The dragon's three HP bars rushed into existence as it and the boy charged each other, both roaring loudly with a controlled yet furious power filling their eyes. Time seemed to slow down as they got closer; two moments before the clash. One moment. Yukiro spun to the left, turning as he sidestepped the monster's rush. His momentum transferred down his arms and into the blade of his sword as he swung it down, cleaving right through the dragon's shoulder, into it's chest and curving out the same side as it rushed by him. He didn't see how much health it lost, focusing on not falling over as he skidded to a stop and turned back around. 

"End it, NIGHT!" he roared. It was the first time in over a month he'd hadn't sounded at least a little depressed. 

@NIGHT

Edited by Yukiro

"End it, NIGHT!"

"Got it!"

Well, she'd said that. But reality had decided long ago that NIGHT's performance in the face of her friend was ever lackluster, when it came to threats of the non-fatal kind. As she drew her blade, its metal gleaming in the light, she swung forth, trying to strike at the overgrown lizard. The monster swerved, leaping backwards, then forwards again onto her sword, holding onto it for its dear life.

SCREEEEEEEEE!!!

"H-hey!" The glow that her blade had been coated in faded, as she tapped her weapon against the ground, trying to shake off their target. It clung on tightly to her edge, before, with a powerful jump, dove off of it for Yukiro, with a slender serpent tongue and sharp black claws brandished in a frenzy. The warrior clicked her tongue, running over to block one of the creature's exits. "Sorry," she announced, sliding on the grass. Her eyes searched rapidly through the green, trying to track the dragon again. "Back to you!"

@Yukiro

Spoiler

ID: 137393 | BD: 5 (3, +2) | LD: 20 | MD: 9
NIGHT missed!
> Rhaegal, Emerald Hatchling screeches!
Rhaegal attacks Yukiro!
50 + 1 = 51 DMG | 51 - 44 = 7 DMG

Rhaegal, Emerald Hatchling: 20/125 HP | 25 MIT | 50 DMG

[2] Yukiro: 533 (-7)/540 HP | 42/54 EN | 8 DMG | 3 ACC | 44 MIT | 3 EVA  | 1 REG |  1 FLN
[0] NIGHT: 770/770 HP | 72 (-2)/74 EN | ACC: 2 | DMG: 16 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 36 | PARALYZE: 2 | KEEN: 1 | PARAV-D: 1

Abilities:
<<Screech>> On a LD roll of 17+ when this boss attacks, this boss will let out a piercing wail that somehow freezes the player in place, removes all evasion properties.

Edited by NIGHT
Spoiler

Yukiro: 540/540 HP (-7+10) | 40/54 EN (-3+1) | 8 DMG | 3 ACC | 44 MIT | 3 EVA  | 1 REG |  1 FLN
NIGHT: 770/770 HP | 72/74 EN
Rhaegal, Emerald Hatchling: 18/125 HP (-1) | 25 MIT | 50 DMG (HATE; Y: 3 // N: 0)
Abilities:

ID# 137394 | BD: 8 (5+3) 
8*3= 24-25= 1 DMG

Regen Procs (+10 HP 1/3)

The dragon's health had been shot surprisingly low. Had he done that? It was more than the boy thought he could do in one blow. But Yukiro could think about all that later. Right now, the dragon was latched onto NIGHT's blade. Yukiro started to run back towards NIGHT, brandishing his sword behind him and activating a familiar sword art. 

Naturally, that was when he tripped. 

Yukiro never found out what his foot caught on. Maybe it was a tangle of grass or a hidden rock. What he did know was that, all of a sudden, he'd gone from standing up to sliding across the ground on his face. The boy's legs pointed up at the air for the few moments that his body was in motion, grass stains turning his white bangs a mottled green. Finally his face stopped skidding along the ground, letting his body crash back down to earth with a prominent thud. 

Fortunately, nobody had time to think to much about his blunder, because the dragon was on top of him almost immediately, clawing at his back and trying to get through the player's cloak. Yukiro, after a few seconds of struggling, managed to throw the creature off his back and scamper away from it, dragging his sword behind him. 

He could only pray NIGHT didn't notice the fall. Or the green portion of his hair. That was reasonable, right?

@NIGHT

Edited by Yukiro

For once, NIGHT was a little thankful for DAY's existence (not that she'd ever admit it, though).

The adventurer took a breath, sharpening her focus as she watched the lizard dancing, crawling over Yukiro's back. Unwavering attention. NIGHT had to do this right -- one wrong slice, and not only would her friend get hurt, but her marker would go orange, even if it was only for a moment. She pushed aside the questions of how he ended up there on the ground in the first place, or the grass marks in his hair, and proceeded to raise her blade with precision.

Stable, slow breaths.

As the lizard noticed the shadow towering over its prey, hissing violently, its gaze met a darkened face and glowing eyes, against a bright blue sky under the shining sun. Carved into it's makers darkness were sharpened black slits of pupils, sliced into a contrasting, glowing white. And then, with a silent prayer and a brutal swing, the last thing it ever saw was a flash of blue from above.

SCREEEEEEE---!!!!!!!!!!

Tobi-Kadachi found itself only milimeters away from Yukiro's back, as the dragon's form scattered into ashes around it. NIGHT let out a breath as she withdrew her sword, returning it to its sheathe, blinking hard from utilizing her temper's self-taught skill.

"Well, that could've gone better," the player remarked, glancing over at her friend to take in his apparent sorry state. "Sorry about the scare, and thanks for staying still." She squatted, giving him a curious look, dusting off the mess from his hair. "You did way better than I'd expected, actually. Here I thought you might be frozen in shock or something, but it seems like you still got it. There's no need to keep tearing yourself up over any performance you've lost, I think. You'll be... just fine."

A hand extended over to him, as she gave him a questioning smirk. "How'd you end up on the ground, anyway? I wasn't looking."

@Yukiro

Spoiler

ID: 137395 | BD: 6 (3, +2 +1)
> Concentration was used. (+1 ACC)
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs Rhaegal, Emerald Hatchling.
16 * 13 = 208 DMG | 208 - 25 = 183 DMG

Rhaegal, Emerald Hatchling: -163 (-183)/125 HP | 25 MIT | 50 DMG

[3] Yukiro: 540/540 HP | 40/54 EN | 8 DMG | 3 ACC | 44 MIT | 3 EVA  | 1 REG |  1 FLN
[1] NIGHT: 770/770 HP | 60 (+1, -13)/74 EN | ACC: 2 | DMG: 16 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 36 | PARALYZE: 2 | KEEN: 1 | PARAV-D: 1 | CONCENTRATION: 3/3

Abilities:

Edited by NIGHT

Yukiro flinched a little as NIGHT brushed the bits of grass out of his hair, leaving only a shiny, light green splotch on his bangs. Slowly, the boy took NIGHT's hand and stood up. The reassurance she'd given him was nice; Yukiro felt like he really could start doing this again. 

"How'd you end up on the ground, anyway? I wasn't looking." 

Yuki's face instantly turned a little red. 

"Uh," he managed, "Nothing. Faulty system. Yeah, that." 

A small window appeared in his vision. He'd made a little col and gotten a decent about of exp. Glancing up at his level, Yukiro decided that he'd have to do a lot of things like this to catch up. He shook his head a bit and refocused. They had beaten the dragon. Now what? Yukiro had been gone so long he didn't know what to suggest. 

"Um... Thanks for all of the help here." 
...If you don't know what to say or do next, ask her. 
It's been a long time since I've done this, okay!?
"What, ah, what do you want to do now?" he asked. 

@NIGHT

"Now...?"

NIGHT pressed her lips together, setting a hand to her chin. She hadn't actually expected to do much today, after abandoning her original goal out of spotting her friend for the first time in forever. She hummed, closing her eyes to think, before replying. "I'm going to be real honest," a confession, together with a raised brow. "I don't have a clue."

"I was going to head out earlier for some col-business, but that can always wait. The task's in no rush." The woman folded her arms, leaning on one foot as she did. "Mmm... What about a meal?" Her sharp eyes began searching Yukiro's face for any signs of hunger, before a realization struck her a beat in. Food after our missions is routine by now... I don't need a reason.

When she dropped her analysis, she grinned, beginning to pace off back towards town. "Y'know what? My treat." NIGHT added, waving him along in a beckon. "C'mon! It'll just be like old times."

@Yukiro

The boy nodded. A good meal sounded like fun. He hadn't had an actual meal in over a month now. It was always just small snacks, if that. Most days he avoided eating at all. Yukiro smirked as NIGHT offered to pay. 

"No take backs! You said you were paying!" Yukiro snickered, "But really, thank you. I'd love to get something to eat."

Bending down to heave his sword up off the ground, Yukiro looked at the sky. Memories of the missions they used to go on flicked through his head. 
...I'm not gonna reminisce about something. 
Fine, I'll skip that part. 

After thinking about how he used to go eat with NIGHT after their outings, Yukiro let out a sigh and looked back down. Sheathing his sword on his back he turned and started back towards the Town of Beginnings. It was lucky enough that he'd remembered the way back. "Anything you feel like in particular?"  he asked, looking over his shoulder as he walked, "Ramen? Maybe enchiladas or hamburgers?" 

@NIGHT

"Yeah, yeah." She continued waving her hand. "I'm paying! I'm paying. And as for something to eat... -- Wait, what the heck's an enchilada?"

Settling into town was quick, with the route ahead of them as clear as when they'd first set out. NIGHT decided somewhere new was in order, and settled for a teppanyaki bar somewhere in the south wing of town. Clad in black oak and shadow, only dimly lit by thin lines of yellow glows, it was reminiscent of the restaurants back home, to a city dweller like herself. Marble lined the bar's counter, and NIGHT felt its surface cool her skin through her jacket, sliding into a stool. "Hope this place isn't too fancy for you," the woman added, handing Yukiro a double-sided menu. "But you get to watch them make your food, too. Everything's grilled on a hot plate -- it's really entertaining."

She glanced at the menu for a minute, before placing her order with a waiter. "Green tea. And... let's go with the seafood okonomiyaki today. Oh, and a side of wagyu to share." A confident smile -- almost taunting in nature went back to her friend, as she rested her chin on the edge of her palm. "You. Don't hold back, now, just because it's my treat."

@Yukiro

The restaurant was far more lustrous than Yukiro was used to; even before he'd locked himself away he'd never been somewhere so high-class looking. Heck, even his well-off parents had never taken him out to eat anywhere nearly this fancy. The cloaked boy followed NIGHT in, almost having to duck through the doorway. The marble counter and dim lighting caught Yukiro off guard. He took a seat next to NIGHT, accepting the menu from her and glancing over the options. Not that he needed to. 

"It looks like a pretty nice place, I think. Thanks for bringing me." With an almost confident smile, Yukiro handed his menu back to a waiter. "One of everything, please. Do her's first, if possible," he added, trying to be considerate for his friend's meal. Then, more quietly, he said to NIGHT, "I didn't hold back too much."

While the staff of the unfortunate restaurant tried to process the boy's incredible order, Yukiro turned to NIGHT. "Hey, so I heard there are a bunch more dragons. It's supposed to be some kind of pseudo-quest line, I think. Do you wanna start taking care of all those things together?" he asked, hoping she'd say yes. As much as Yukiro knew he'd have to do a lot on his own to really put himself back together, and as much as he did still want to be alone, he knew that the dragons would get tougher. And, more than that, he knew that if he didn't force himself to keep connecting with others, he'd eventually go back to isolating himself. 
"I know you're way stronger than me now, but I'll do my best to keep up and be of use." 

@NIGHT

"One of everything, please."

Oh.

"Do her's first, if possible." And then, Yukiro might've shot her the most cockiest smile. NIGHT, ever grinning, was only starting to realize how much of a bad idea this was. "I didn't hold back too much."

A stoic nod from the woman, paired with a frozen face. "Mhmm---~ You suuure didn't---~..."

As the staff panicked beside their table, NIGHT finally relaxed her face, hanging her head with a sigh. Crestfallen. So much for that apartment idea any time soon. Did she even have enough col in her pockets right now to pay them? She'll probably be in debt to them for a bit... Why did she even issue her friend a challenge....?

"Such is life, I guess..."

Her gaze barely raised when Yukiro finally proposed the idea of tackling the dragons together. It took the player a moment to process the idea. Sure, she hadn't exactly progressed it on her own, and it would be a good way to get her friend out of the house. Not to mention knock it off her to-do list.

Taking a breath, she exhaled, then lifted her head, resting it on a fist instead, elbow on the counter. "Yeah, okay. Sounds like a plan to me. Whatever the system throws at us, I'm sure we can handle it together." NIGHT's eyes shifted towards the staff, though, as one of them began to serve out their drinks. "Uh. Assuming we can get out of here in the first place. I may have some money saved up, but... Not this much..."

"... Oi, Yukiro. Can you... Can you even eat this much food to begin with...?"

- - - - -

Thread Summary

[Total]
Yukiro
+2SP
+700col

NIGHT
+1SP 
+200col

Spoiler

[Quest Rewards]