[PP-F8] The snake, the dragon and the bear. <<Ferocious Foe>>

Zandra stopped as she herd Mari started to talk, but she didn’t turned around. Her hearing was focused on the young woman behind her. Three of the words made take a quick breath and knit her fists. Mari was the first person ever to say that. She called her cruel. After all she had done, after all she had tried.

When she revealed her name, the reaction didn’t went as she had expected. Any way it could have been going she didn’t thougth that, would be mentioned. She turned her head and said over her shoulder quietly but loud enough for her to hear. ‘’It seems Im not the only to believe in rumors.’’ And to hear of how she said it, Macradon haven’t told her the rest. Also, best friend?

She listened to the rest Mari told her, that they should start over, exactly like Zandra had suggested a minute ago. If they started over, there was clearly a lot to repair. That was when she herd another bear. She looked over her shoulder and saw an even bigger beast at the same time as Mari’s totem shattered. ‘’Huh?’

What would Zandra do now? Mari had told her that she didn’t wanted her there, she was sure she was more then capable to handle this on her own. But they have been there for the same reason. So she turned around, but this time she only equipped her axe, her armor was left in the inventory.

She walked up to the bear at the same time as she charged up her Explode catapult, like she had done so many times before. Silently and with a plain face, she placed herself on the opposite side of the bear, to make sure Mari wasn’t hit by her aoe. Then she activated the sword art and as the dark weapon with pulsating glowing veins, it cleaved thru the bear with wide sweeps, without saying a word, nor kill it this time.And this time, the bear looked directly at her. let out a rumbling roar as he became even bigger. Zandra just looked it in the eyes, waiting for the attack. The bear swinged his paw, scratching Zandra across her chest with his claw, leaving five big red stripes a s well as dropping her health a tenth. ''You up Mari, get your totem, then I will leave, sorry for staying a bit longer.''

Mari
HP 1108/1140 | EN: 110/110 | DAM: 11 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 43 | ACC 4
Zandra
HP 1590/1765 | EN: 142/172 | DAM: 19 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 99 | ACC 3+1(con)
ID:139688  BD:5+3+1=9-2=7 Hit! Charge activated! Bullrush triggered!
Explode catapult - 19+5=24x14=336-50=286 DMG

Kumetsu
ID: 139690 MD: 7 Hit! Beast form triggered!
DMG: 75+100=175

HP: 14/300 | DMG: 75 37 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 1 0 | EVA: 2 

Edited by Zandra

"Okay, so you didn't stab him then?" Mari quipped. "Alright, I'll bite - why would he tell me you stabbed him? Macradon doesn't seem like the type of person to lie, I know him - he did vouch for your strength in the same breath. He said you were a valuable and trusted member of the frontlines. Is that a lie too?" Mari jested.  "I believe his words because I know him, I've grown to trust him.  These people who told you these rumours..." Mari's voice softened as she tugged on her hair - ignoring the bestial cry for the time being.

"Do you have that same companionship with them? IF so I think I'd understand a little better. I get wanting to trust the words of those who are closest to you." Mari was trying to understand where Zandra was coming from, even though she was hurt.

Mari would have liked to continue the conversation - but that's when Kumatsu, the real Kumatsu attacked. Mari grit her teeth. "Dammit. We were having a conversation." She chastised the bear. Mari pulled out her dagger and ran forward - ducking as he tried to swipe at her. Mari flipped the dagger into a reverse grib and reahced out to grab onto his claw - she used the momentum to swing herself up onto his shoulder, spinning and striking him several times before he fell with a mighty crash - upheaving dust and gravel with the fall.

Mari dusted herself off as the beast burst into pixels beneath her. "I think we both got off on the wrong foot - I don't dislike you Zandra." Mari said as she bent down to pick up the real idol. "I"m just quite upset. Here." Mari placed the real idol in Zandra's hand.

"There's a whole bunch of these, I'm heading to the next one - if you choose to check the monument, and find out your friends, or whoever told you those things lied. Come find me and we can start anew. Deal?"

@Zandra
Mari
HP 1108/1140 | EN: 110/110 | DAM: 11 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 43 | ACC 4
Zandra
HP 1590/1765 | EN: 142/172 | DAM: 19 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 99 | ACC 3+1(con)
ID:139692 BD: 6 + 4=10-2=8 HIT
Eternal Cyclone  13 x 11 = 143-50=93

HP: 0/300 | DMG: 75 37 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 1 0 | EVA: 2 

Edited by Mari

Mari landed the final strike on the bear, making it explode into crystals and two totems spawning. One for her and one for Zandra. Like with the fake boss, Mari gave Zandra one of the statues this time too. Zandra looked at her, but also not. It almost looked like she stared at nothing in trance. Adrop of sweat rolled down her forehead as she grabbed the statue gently and slowly nodded. ‘’Yes, lets do that.’’ She said not much more then a whisper. Then she handed Mari a teleport crystal. ‘’So you don’t have to walk back to town.’’ She had totally forgot that player killers couldn’t. Then she took up her own and crushed it, disappearing in a flash. When she was back in town she went to the nearest dark alley where sta down behind a few crates, outside anyone field of view, and buried her face in her hands.

-Gives 1x Teleport crystal to Mari

Thread finished

Rewards:

2,200col(2,000 quest 400/2=200 one full thread)
SP (2 quest+1 thread+1 quarantine)
Kumatetsu statue

Edited by Zandra