[PP-F21] <<Betrayal of the King>> Ain't nothin but a corn dog

The fact that Aincrad had a hotdog restaurant and Baldur had never known about it may be the single greatest travesty of the whole stuck-in-a-death-game debacle. The fact that is was in the poor part of town, and looked like it should be condemned, and that no one in their right mind would eat inside of a place like that, just tickled that little hipster part of Baldur's brain. Supposedly it had the best dogs around, and the inside wasn't supposed to be as bad as the outside made it seem.

The gaijin samurai pushed open the door with a hand and a shoulder, and was stunned to see what looked like an old old timey diner he had only ever seen in 2d movies when he was a kid. The black and white floor tiles, the shiny chrome and almost plastic looking seat cushions. It seemed like Americana straight out of Hollywood. Giving a slight whistle of amazement as he walked completely inside, Baldur looked back out the door as if the difference between the inside and the outside were just too desperate for him to reconcile. 

He may never have come here, but he had needed to find a new cook, and this guy was supposedly cooking up a storm to help out the frontlines, so Baldur had put together a care package of materials to help the industrious hot dog connoisseur. He wasn't sure exactly who had told him about this place. Maybe Cordelia? Maybe Macradon? His info broker? Whoever had been the first, his name had kept coming up over and over.

"Ohayo! Are you @Oscar? I am Baldur. I've got some mats I wanted to donate to the frontline cause, and maybe pick up some additional supplies as well."

Baldur

Spoiler

» Baldur, The Gaijin Samurai

• Modified HP:
  • Modified EN:
  • Modified MIT:
  • Modified ACC:
  • Modified DMG:
  • Modified EVA:
  • Battle Heal:
  • Search:
  • Temp Buff: 
  • Temp Buff:
  • Temp Buff:

» Base Stats

• Base HP: 1350
  • Base EN: 132
  • Base MIT: 79
  • Base ACC: 3 (4 and does not automatically miss on 1s with Warden's Fury)
  • Base DMG: 19 (with fighting familiar)
  • Muramasa Base DMG: 22 (No bonus from familiar)
  • Base EVA: 3
  • Battle Heal: 54 HP
  • Search: +0

» Items Equipped:

• Warden's Fury - Absolute Accuracy/2 Paralyze
  • OR Muramasa - +12 Damage
  • Montsuki haori - 54 DMG MIT/+1 EVASION
  • Emerald Teardrop - +2 ACC/+1 EVASION
  • Hammerspace Backpack (HB) +1 BR item (allows stacks up to 7)

» Battle-Ready Inventory:

• Immolation Potion x5 | Merchant Item | 30 Thorns damage
  • Basic Teleportation Crystal x1 | Good Item | Teleports player to the Town of Beginnings
  • Max Mass HP Recovery Crystal x7 | Perfect T2 Item | +30*Target Tier (30/60/90)
  • Max T2 HP Recovery Crystal II x5 | Perfect T2 Item | +180 HP
  • Safeguard Potion x3 | Perfect Tier 1 | Safeguard
  • HB: Max Vitality Snack x2 | Rare Tier 2 | Grants +12 Energy
  • EWL: Medium Antidote Potion x1 | Rare Tier 2 | Immune to negative status effects for 2 turns
  • EWL: Muramasa or Warden's Fury
  • EWL: Max Damage Crystal x4 | Perfect Tier 1 | +3 Damage

» Skills:

• Searching | Rank 0/5 | +0 Bonus to LD, +0 to Stealth Detect
  • Battle Healing | 4 Rank | While in combat, recover 1% per rank (45HP) at the beginning of your turn
  • Charge | 5 ranks | +1 base damage per rank (+5 damage) once per opponent per combat
  • One Handed Curved Sword | Rank 1/5 | Novice
  • Katana | Rank 5/5 | Grand Master
  • Light Armor | 5 Rank | +25 Mitigation
  • Concentration | No Ranks | Gain +1 BD for a single attack | 5 Turn Cooldown
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter |  3 Ranks | +9 base damage (Does not stack with equipment)
  • Survival | Purchased |  Increases out of combat health regen to (15xTier) 45 per post
  • Extended Weight Limit | Purchased | Increases Battle Ready Inventory by 3
  • Parry | Purchased | 3 Turn Cooldown | 5 Energy | Reduces incoming damage by 50%
  • Quick Change | Purchased | Swap Equipment as a free action | 3 Turn Cooldown

» Mods:

• Athletics: +1 DMG +30 HP
  • Katana Precision: +1 to Accuracy
  • Katana Ferocity: +1 damage on katana sword arts
  • Sprint & Acrobatics: +1 Evasion
  • Finesse: Rank 3 | -3 Energy cost to sword arts

Quest:

Spoiler

Floor 21
<<Betrayal of the King>>
Recommended Level: 50
Repeatable for LD Rewards Only | Solo/Party Limit: 4
Credit Belongs to: @Ryo

Rewards:

• 5 SP
  • 10000 Col
  • (Party Leader Only) Roll LD at the end:
    • 1-8: No additional rewards
    • 9-15: 1 Additional Equipment Reward
    • 16-18: 2 Additional Equipment Rewards
    • 19: All 3 Additional Equipment Rewards
    • 20: Gain "Forgotten King's Spite"

Additional Equipment Rewards:

• Items to gain from rolls on 9-19:
    • [T3 - Perfect Weapon of Choice] The King's Betrayal - Enhancements: 1 Damage / 2 Paralyze OR 2 Damage / 1 Accuracy
    • [T3 - Perfect Heavy Armor] Envious Betrayal - Enhancements: 2 Mitigation / 1 Thorns
    • [T3 - Perfect Light Armor] Light Betrayal - Enhancements: 2 Evasion / 1 Recovery
  • On rolls of 20:
    • [T3 - Demonic Weapon of Choice] Forgotten King's Spite - Enhancements: 1 Fallen Damage / 1 Paralyze / 2 Accuracy

Requirements:

• At least 1 page of RP content (20+ Posts)
  • Must defeat the "Time Forgotten King"

Summary:

Back in a world of flame, humanity fought against the dragons in a great war. And in that time the humans had a great, and powerful king. The king was a great and powerful warrior, a brilliant and daring tactician, and in the eyes of many a savior. The war raged onward for many a year until the king was lost in battle his corpse never found. Humanity fought on without their brave leader, only to find that he had betrayed them. Fighting against them now, humanity never stood a chance. But that battle was over a millennia ago, and the king's name was lost to time. But rumors and rumors of rumors have hinted at his return.

Outline:

lKCNaku.jpg

<< The Forgotten Time King >>
Statistics:
HP: 3750
DMG: 300 (on a critical Paralyze, Removes all Hate on that Player.)
MIT: 150
ACC: 3
EVA: 0
Abilities:
<< Forgotten in Time >> The Forgotten Time King is immune to all status conditions, including Unique ones.

Edited by Baldur
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bell above his door jingled and out from the kitchen in the back popped Oscar. The man ducked his head under the door frame, a veritable giant in comparison to the small, cramped back-of-the-house that was trademark traditional Americana. His gaze passed over the man before him, a bright smile upon his face. For a moment, he paused. He sized up his new guest, trying to get a bead on whether or not he needed to be on his guard. Luckily, there was nothing about his stance or expression that warranted concern. Before Oscar could even open his mouth, the man spoke. 

A Frontliner.

Till now, Oscar's interaction with the Frontliners had been limited. It had amounted to only Macradon and perhaps Pinball. At first he wondered what the hell a Frontliner was doing down on Floor One. But then he remembered:

Oh yeah, Grandmaster Cook.

Word of mouth was a hell of a thing. That - coupled with the fact that there seemed to be no other cooks up until last week when Cordelia finally decided to get herself a Profession - would have earned him no small amount of renown. The bright smile didn't flicker as Baldur offered up his services in helping him prepare for the upcoming raid. A light chuckle bubbled up from his chest as he shook his head.

"Thanks for the offer, man. But I finished those up a few weeks ago."

To punctuate his point, Oscar opened up a trade window and dropped all of the consumables he had prepared thus far into the window, just to show Baldur the fruits of his labor. Once he'd provided the man enough time to see what he had made, Oscar closed the window and smiled.

"This Raid will have every possible buff that a Cook can provide. I'm curious though. How did you manage to hear about my shop?"

Spoiler

Oscar - Lvl 52
1070 HP
104 Energy
1 Accuracy (+1 Precision)
1 Evasion
19 Base Damage - (1 Base +7 Skill +1 Ferocity +9 Familiar +1 Athletics)
106 Mitigation 
12 Fallen
2 Burn
Savvy
Vampiric (Defensive)

Equipment
Tesseleth’s Fury | Fallen, Fallen, Burn, Burn
Tactical Outfitting Mk.III | Vampiric (Defensive), Savvy, EVA
Mythril Greaves |  +81 MIT

Familiar
Leeroy & Jenkins - Familiar | +3*Tier DMG

Battle Ready Inventory
Teleportation Crystal
Empty Inventory Slot |
Empty Inventory Slot |
Empty Inventory Slot |
Empty Inventory Slot |
Empty Inventory Slot |

Buffs
Well-Rested | -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat.
Filling | Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 slot.
Relaxed | Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash | 5% Bonus Col from Monster kills and Chests
Squeaky Clean | The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25%

Skills
2HBA | Rank 5: +8 Damage
Light Armor | Rank 5: +25 Damage Mitigation
Battle Healing | Rank 4: Recover 4% Max HP every round while in combat
Concentration | +1 to your BD (3 turn cooldown)
Survival | Heal 15*Tier HP when out of battle
Parry | 2-turn CD, 5 EN Half damage of next attack and remove Stun/Paralysis effects
Meditation | 3-turn CD. Recover an additional (5 * Tier) energy. Getting hit by an attack before the beginning of your next turn reduces the energy recovered to (3 * Tier).

Skill Mods
Ferocity                   | Increases Base Damage by 1
Athletics                  | Increases Base Damage by 1, Max HP by 10*tier
Precision                 | Increases Accuracy by 1
Justified Riposte      | Successful Parries Stun Opponent, 3 Turn CD

Cordelia poked her head out of the kitchen a few seconds after the chiming of the door brought Oscar out of the room. Her face went slightly blank as she registered who he was talking to.

Blue haori, long brown hair, a katana.

"Oh, hey Baldur!" She exclaimed out loud. Out of all places, this was probably one of the last places she would expect to find him, but then again, she guessed that all sorts of people came to Oscar's shop. She probably shouldn't be very surprised then. It was sometimes hard to remember that someone you live with has a whole monopoly in an important industry that probably saves peoples' lives, or maybe she was just dumb. It could really be either, you know.

"What brings you here. . ." she trailed off, her face going blank for a second. Did she ever talk about Oscar's shop to Baldur? She must have, right? They've been on countless journeys and it must have come up somewhere, right? ". . . I don't remember if I ever told you about this shop now that I think about it," she admitted, giving herself a mental facepalm.

-Using Mega Slime Farm in dis thread: +2 SP

@Mari

Spoiler

[STATS:]

LVL: 51 | HP: 1040/1040 | EN: 120/120 | 19 DMG | 25 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF]| 6 HLY | 2 [36] BRN

[INVENTORY:]

☆ T3 Katana | Onimaru: PHSE, 6 HLY, 2 [36] BRN
☆ T1 Light Armor | Bastille’s Resistance: +2 EVA, +1 PARA VNM

☆ T2 Jewelry | Empress' Kanzashi: +3 ACC

[BATTLE READY:]

☆ [5] Standard Healing Potions [Heals 50 HP]

[CONSUMED:]

[SKILLS:]

Non-combat:

Passive:

☆ R3 Fighter Familiar Skill: +9 DMG
☆ R3 Hiding Skills: +3 Stealth Rating
☆ R5 Light Armor Skill: 25 MIT
  > Athletics: +1 Base DMG, +20 HP
☆ Disguise: [Gain +1 EVA until the start of your next turn]
☆ Survival: [Increases out of combat health regeneration to (15 * Tier) per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing environmental
attacks/effects.]

Combat:

☆ R3 Battle Healing

Weapon Skills:
☆ R1 Curved Sword Skill 
☆ R5 Katana Skill [+7 DMG/+1 BASE]
  > Ferocity: +1 DMG
  > Precision: +1 ACC

[BUFFS:]

☆ RELAXED: Increases HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts
☆ ADVANCED TRAINING: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month.
☆ TASTY: Turn 2 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Lesser Feast.
☆ HARD-WORKING: +2 EXP per crafting attempt, +1 crafting attempt

"I don't think I can do this on my own...." Mari muttered to herself. She was lingering around the higher floors since she knew the Floor Boss would be fought soon. Mari wanted to get a better bearing on the floors she didn't frequent so much. She rarely if ever went above floor 20...and since she was already on the floor after questing with Macradon well...it was only natural to scope out the available quests.  "I specialize in DoT....and this thing is immune to them all..." Mari muttered under her breath. It seemed that a lot of the quests she had taken lately had monsters that were immune to status effects.

This did not bode well for the young dagger user.

Mari was chewing on the inside of her lip, legs swinging to and fro as she sat upon a rock that was large enough to give her a decent vantage point of anyone coming or going from the main settlement on the floor. Should she contact Macradon again? No... he had things to do - he was rather excited about funding his school.  What about Baldur? Or Cordelia?  She...hadn't exactly shown much prowess last time they quested together though...

"I need to know more people..." Mari said to herself.

@Cordelia @Oscar @Baldur

General
Level: 60 | HP: 1230  |Energy: 120

STATS

DAM: 14 | EVA 3  | MIT 43 | ACC 4 | 

SKILLS
Rank 5 Weapon (+5 DMG)
-Weapon Mod: Precision (+1 ACC)
Rank 5 Charge (+5 Damage -1 ACC)
Charge Mod BULL RUSH: Successful charge stuns target 1 turn
Rank 5 Light Armor (+25 MIT)
SURVIVAL
Rank 5 Battle Healing (5% of total health rounded down start of each turn)
Familiar Mastery Expert - +1 (*Tier) Damage - +9 Damage

EQUIPPED
Name: 
Kusanagi | Item Type: Dagger | Tier 2
Enhancements: 
Bleed 2 | Damage 2
'Bleed Damage of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10'

Name: Beacon Necklace | Item Type: Pendant | Tier 2
Enhancements
  +3 ACC 

Name: 
Infernal Shadow | Item Type: Light Armour | Tier 3
Enhancements: 
 +2 Eva | +1 Flame Aura
'Effect: Prevent (6 per slot * Tier) damage per slot from successful attacks against you. Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (5 per slot * Tier) unmitigated burn damage to the attacking enemy.

Baldur raised his eyebrows when he saw the completed list of food buffs from the man. It was impressive. He and Shield had only dreamed of the day when something like this would be possible, and is seemed like that man was Oscar. Returning his steel blue eyes to the chef, Baldur gave him a smile that says he was delighted and impressed in equal measure.

"Then please, I insist. Take these and consider them a... quest reward."

At that moment, the door to the back opened up again, and Baldur saw a familiar young face.

"Cordelia-chan. I think you still haven't told me about it." His eyes spoke of amusement, and that perhaps this was a common event.

"I heard about your shop when I asked around for cooks. I'm afraid I can't remember who it was that told me, but I've been long overdue in coming down here. I am one of those whom you might call a prepper... or perhaps a boy scout. I always come prepared. I wish it were more common, but at this point it might as well be a Unique Skill." Baldur gave a slight smirk that said bemusement, but hinted that it was a point of annoyance.

"So, does Cordelia work for you? I imagine it must take a lot of work to fulfill an order this large for the frontline... ah, and speaking of which, I would like to buy some of your accuracy food. And perhaps some Tier 3 overhealth and mitigation, if you have any in stock."

"So, does Cordelia work for you?"

It would have been rude to laugh at someone who he'd only just met. So Oscar didn't do that. However, his eyes went wide and a small smirk twisted one corner of his mouth. His gaze flicked between Baldur and Cordelia for a moment before he finally closed his eyes and shook his head. There simply wasn't a way to answer that question without it being either awkward, rude, or embarrassing. "We're dating, so I should hope not," he said with finality. Honestly, he had hoped that the first time he announced their relationship status would be to someone who was already invested in the situation. Like Bahr or something. Definitely not a complete stranger.

Not that it really mattered at the end of the day.

Eager for a change of subject, Oscar dove into Baldur's follow-up question about food. "As for the consumables I have in stock, I've been focusing more on supplying the lower levels with consumables. Figured the Frontliners could make do until the noobs were sorted. But, given that I'm positively bursting at the seams at this point, I figure I'll be switching focus soon. I must confess, I didn't have need for the higher tier consumables until I had need of the higher tier consumables."

His reasoning was, admittedly, slightly selfish. But he spent most of his time on others that it was only fair that he spent a little on himself. If the Frontlines benefited from that, so be it. Oscar's entire opinion on the group had shifted quite suddenly in recent days. Zandra - his former Guildmaster - had passed Tesseleth's Fury onto him. With it came a heavy legacy. One that Oscar would be hard-pressed to live up to. Up until now, Oscar's opinion of the upper echelon had been less than stellar. But when he considered that he owed them - Macradon and Zandra especially - a serious debt of gratitude, he didn't know what to feel. And now Baldur was here, offering a helping hand on Raid prep. Even though it was already done, it was the thought that counted. One way or another, Oscar needed to iron these hang-ups out. And he only knew of one way to do it.

"Hey Baldur. Let's go take out the Forgotten Time King," Oscar said suddenly. Ultimately, he needed to know where he fit in with this new group. Seeing how Baldur operated in the context of a quest - one of the more difficult ones to boot - would help him figure that out. It also had the bonus of knocking out a quest he had been wanting to complete for quite some time. He craned his neck to turn back towards Cordelia. "You down for an adventure, Cord?"

Cordelia scratched the side of her head with a slight sweat-drop. "Oh, have I never told you that?" She asked, giving both Oscar and Baldur a sheepish smile. She guessed that it had never come up in a conversation with Baldur before. Which would make sense, she was the type of person to openly express that they were in a relationship, especially out of the blue. 

"I find it a miracle how he can do all of that alone," Cordelia sighed, rubbing the back of her neck. "That's why I created my own shop back up in Floor Four. It's much more lowkey than Oscar's though. I'm really just doing it to help him out." The last thing she wanted was for her boyfriend to overwork himself to death in a video game by cooking. Wow, she never thought that would be something she would be concerned with.

The Forgotten King? Probably one of the strongest quest mobs currently out? "Is that even a question?" Cordelia joked, cracking a grin. "Of course I am. . . and actually. . ." She trailed off, a sly smirk making its way onto her face as she opened up her menu. It was her turn to play cupid now!

To: @Mari
Hey, hey, hey. Wanna do a quest with me a couple of friends. We'll be on floor twenty-one soon!

Ping

"Oh." Mari read over the message from Cordelia. She hadn't exactly expected the spunky girl to ever really reach out - Mari and Cordelia didn't have the best time meeting each other - but it seemed that they kept bumping into the other as they attempted to complete quests. A small smile appeared on Mari's lips as she reread the message. It was a rather nice coincidence. Mari enjoyed her time with Macradon, but after everything beforehand, it'd be nice to have some female companionship.

------

Sure,
I'm already there actually. I just finished up some farming with Macradon - and was looking at the quest list.
Your friends, will they be ok with my crystal status?

-Mari

------

Mari stood from her position on the rock and stretched after sending the message. She threw her arms up over her head and arched her back. It'd be nice to quest with her again, especially since this floor was nice and cool. No flames, fire, or lava in sight.  "Wonder who these friends of hers are..."  Maybe NIGHT? Mari had seen them quest together a few times, the raven haired girl was flighty, but seemed nice enough.

Baldur was a little surprised when he heard that Oscar and Cordelia were dating, through more so because with all the questing they had done together, she hadn't mentioned a boyfriend or Oscar in that way. Maybe that was how I found out about this place the first time? Well, it was not as if they had discussed Baldur's complicated relationship status either, so... tit for tat. It made sense. They had merely been fighting together, discussing builds and strategy, not the distractions of every day life. He would have to ensure he was better at keeping up and being interested in, those he chose to be close to.

"I didn't know you had created your own shop, either?" It had been a little bit since they last completed their quest together, but the shock that he didn't know Cordelia had a shop was more of a blow than not knowing she had a boyfriend. Perhaps he was not as observant or as attentive as Baldur thought himself to be.

Then, as these surprises tend to come in threes, Oscar suggested the Forgotten Time King.

"You mean the <<Betrayal of the King>> Quest?" His dark eyebrows raised in surprised that he would suggest something like this out of the blue. It was not something Baldur would have considered normally. The quest had not been especially difficult when he had Hikoru and Hestia had attempted it, but now he would be going in with someone who was completely unknown to him.

Baldur slid over into one of the chrome stools, and considered the thought.

"Well, there are a few things we need to know and consider. First, the <<Forgotten Time King>> has a strange hate mechanic. Everyone will need to load up on mitigation and evasion enhancements. I'd strongly suggest Cordelia acquire a safeguard as well, because he can hit decently hard, and has a paralytic effect. Secondly, I am not a tank, and while I can take the hits, I don't have means of holding threat other than DPS and the lucky crit. The third and most challenging is his raw amount of HP. It can drain most people's energy reserves before he ends up dying, due to his above average mitigation. "

Baldur tapped the counter as he continued to think aloud.

"What is your build Oscar? And if I may be so bold, if you're asking to take on that quest, you must be at least tier 3, correct?" The steel had returned to Baldur's gaze, as he ran through in his minds eye what he felt was an acceptable factor of safety for not just himself, but for Oscar and Cordelia as well. Worst case scenario, I can give Cordelia one of my safeguards...

Baldur swiped open his menu, and checked his inventory.

Damn. Only 3 left. Still, I wouldn't want anything to happen to her. It's worth it.

Oscar was impressed. It was as if a switch had been flipped in the mild-mannered samurai. One moment, they were just having a casual chat. The next, they were talking shop. And now that they were talking shop, Oscar was able to see just what kind of man Baldur was. As the samurai immediately launched into a discussion on tactics, Oscar was admittedly struggling to keep up. Then again, this was a Frontliner. Discussing strategy with this guy was clearly something that was on a whole other level than what Oscar had been doing up till now. That is to say, just hitting things until they died. It was a big departure from what he was accustomed to, not that it was a bad thing. When it finally came to Baldur discussing the use of Safeguard potions, Oscar realized that he himself had one left. It had just been sitting in his inventory, untouched, since he first obtained the item from the tutorial quests. Was this the proper occasion to use it? Oscar leaned over the counter, his face twisted in thought. All of the mechanics began to swirl together until he got a picture of what the boss could actually do.

"So basically, we're looking at a boss with a ton of health, not-insignificant damage, with a paralysis and hate reset mechanic. If the name of the game is playing hot potato with Cordelia's aggro, we can just have her switch with one of us on cooldown. As far as tanking goes, I can probably go a few rounds with the boss myself. A few more if I forego Protein in favor of more Mitigation. I'm running at about One-o-Six MIT right now. And as far as buffs are concerned, we are literally standing in the only Grandmaster Cook's shop right now. I'm sure I got something."

Oscar's build wasn't anything special, all things considered. Most of it was pretty standard. With one notable exception. Oscar pointed to the battleaxe tucked into the corner of his shop. "I also got that thing, if that helps at all. Zandra passed Tesseleth's Fury on to me. Might help make this thing go a bit more smoothly."

To: @Mari
Yeah, we'll be there in a quick second, just preparing some stuffs!

Cordelia looked over to the two other players and bit her lip. "I-It's really no big deal," she mumbled, hating the feeling of being the one that needed protection. "I'm sure I'll be fine," Cordelia muttered hotly, running a hand down her hair as before she fiddled with her fingers. 

"You really don't have to waste one of your Safeguards on me, I swear," she blurted out, inhaling sharply. "You can't find those things anymore. I don't want to waste the few ones that you still have." She sighed. "I got a bunch of new enhancements on my old weapon, so I won't be entirely useless I think-- This thing is supposed to be real tanky or something, right? Oh-ho, I can't wait to phase right through it," she cackled silently, rubbing her hands together with a grin. 

Oh, boy, when she lands a crit she was going to make sure that damn king was going to feel it. She had yet to proc her holy and phase at the same time, which was unfortunate indeed. ..  but she hoped that it would at least happen once today. Just once!

Baldur's eyebrows seemed to almost climb off of his forehead when Oscar pointed out Tesseleth's Fury. That wasn't just Zandra's axe, it had almost seemed a part of Zandra's personality ever since they had reached the third teir and fought that dragon. Baldur had not been there for that one, but he had heard about how much of a slog that was. It, like the most recent boss fight, had stretched the frontlines thin.

"She... gave that to you?" Baldur, almost subconsciously, pulled down his friend list to check and see that Zandra was still on it, and alive.

"That... I... wow..."

The Samurai was speechless for a moment as he tried to process that change of pace. Who was Oscar to Zandra that she would give him that let alone the fact that she would give it up.

Did she find something even better?

It took him a moment to reboot his brain, and get his train of thought back on track, and he accomplished this by closing his eyes for a heartbeat and shaking his head slightly, as if waking from a dream.

"Well then.. um... yes. Food. Hot dogs. Cord definitely needs some mit, hell, it might not be bad for all of us. We definitely need at last a couple points of evasion each. Antioxident to resist the paralyze. And accuracy. Accuracy because with the fight being so long, energy reserves will run low. And if you don't have good accuracy, then the fight will stretch on and we'll start having people run out of energy and start dropping out of the fight."

"Why don't we gather up our supplies and we can head up there while we continue to plan."

Baldur slid off of the stool and glanced towards the door way. Not wanting to rush the couple, but waiting for them to do whatever they needed before packing up supplies and heading up to the 21st floor, for one of the most challenging quests in the game.

Another quick message from Cordelia she still didn't elaborate on who was coming - but Mari hadn't asked.  A part of her wanted to, would that be rude? Then again, it'd be best for Mari to know who they were at least.  With that resolve in mind she opened up her HUD to quickly reply to Cordelia.

--
To Cordelia
Okay, I'll head to the North entrance of the town; just outside the safe zone. I'll be hard to miss, everything's so bloody dark and gloomy here.
Who are you bringing?
-Mari.
---

With that done Mari flicked it off and began her leisurely walk toward their destination. It was the main entrance/exit of the underground town - so hopefully she would be able to meet them there. The last thing she wanted or needed would be to loop around the entire exterior of the town. No short cuts for her.  Now positoned within clear site of the Southern gate to town; far enough to not bother the town guards or players within Mari found a 'comfy' looking rock and sat down. Absently running her hands through her hair to try and remove some of the knots.

@Cordelia

Cordelia tilted her head. She somewhat knew Zandra. They did a quest together once, nothing really noteworthy, but she assumed that Baldur knew her-- they were both frontliners after all, so it was expected. Her eyes traveled over to the axe sitting in the corner of the shop. She vaguely remembered it from the quest with Zandra. Though, she was pretty sure she had yet to see it at its full power. 

She nodded her head. "I'm pretty Oscar has most of those things. . . but I can always offer a couple of buffs if he's okay with it," she shrugged, looking over to Oscar before she gave him a reassuring thumbs-up. 

Cordelia briefly glanced at the message before she turned to the two. "Oh yeah, are you two okay if I invite Mari along?" She asked, looking out the door. "She's waiting outside the Safezone on Floor Twenty-one right now. . . I just don't want to keep her waiting."

Spoiler

To: @Mari

Alright, sounds good. We'll be there soon. Oh yeah, I'm bringing Baldur and Oscar!

"Well let's head out then. Just gotta grab a couple things before he head out. Meet me out front?"

Oscar excused himself to the kitchen, grabbing Tesseleth's Fury along the way. From his kitchen, there was a door the led to the back of the shop. Behind the shop was a wagon covered with a white cloth. The wagon itself looked like a larger rickshaw, but instead of being deep enough for one to sit, it was just a large, flat surface. Hot dogs had long been Oscar specialty, but now he felt like branching out. Who better to test his new culinary adventure out on than two complete strangers? There was a bar connected to two arms at the very front of the wagon. Oscar lifted that off of the ground and stepped under it. Then, he pushed on the bar and navigated through the back streets that wound behind his shop. Eventually, he met up with Baldur and Cordelia at his front door.

"Don't ask about the wagon, you'll find out when we get there," Oscar said with a grin. A short jaunt and a teleport later, the trio found themselves in the all-too-familiar-at-this point settlement of Floor 21. Oscar had made a very profound mistake. He had not really thought the whole maiden voyage of el vagón through. What would the spiders on this floor do with the contents of his wagon? Luckily, he found himself in the company of several fairly powerful players. Perhaps upon seeing what Oscar had brought to the table, they would be exceptionally inclined to keep the spiders away. They headed outside of town and, as Cordelia had said, someone was waiting for them. What Oscar hadn't expected was that someone to have an orange crystal. His last interaction with a PKer had been Pinball at level 11. Oscar was a touch leery at this point, but he also realized that he wasn't level 11 anymore. No sense treating the woman as a threat until she became one.

"Heyo! Are you the person we're supposed to be meeting here?"

Baldur opened his mouth when he saw the covered wagon that Oscar was pulling behind him. He had heard of merchants making feasts, but this was a little overkill. Still, when Oscar said he would tell them later, Baldur closed his mouth. A true feat against his insatiable curiosity. The gaijin samurai just rested his left arm on the handle of his katana and then shook his head with a smirk as they headed to the teleport plaza.

I hate subterranean floors.

Baldur watched as Oscar got the cart through the teleport plaza and they made their way out of town until he saw a familiar spot of pink.

"Oh, hey Mari-chan! Fancy bumping into you here." Baldur genuflected as he spoke, "You remember Cordelia, and this is her boyfriend and master hot dog chef, Oscar."

He held up a hand to stage whisper at Mari.

"We're not supposed to ask about the cart."

He turned and gave a friendly smile to Oscar before turning back to Mari.

"So what brings you here to this floor?"

@Mari

Mari read the reply from Cordelia; and her eyes widened, wait. Who was coming? She was bringing her partner and Baldur!? Mari wasn't too sure about that - should she...should she cancel? Mari would feel like a bit of a third wheel to that. "Dammit Cord...." Mari mumbled as she stood. How long did she have? Maybe Mari could make up some sort of excuse like 'oh sorry Macradon got stuck!" People would believe that right? Or how about that she had to -

"Heyo! Are you the person we're supposed to be meeting here?"

"Buh?" Mari turned to see Cordelia, Baldur, and a very tall man carrying a cart approach her. Right. He must be Oscar. "Hi." Mari offered with a small and awkward wave to the man. "Cord told me about you." She said. Mari recalled their time in Cordelia's ramen hut, and how much Cordelia laughed at Mari's way of trying to remember his name. The memory brought a faint smile to her lips. "I'm hopin' you're looking after her." Her eyes traveled to his cart. "Wha-"

Mari was going to ask about the cart, because - well - weren't they going to fight a difficult boss? Why would anyone bring a wooden cart? Before she could question it Baldur stepped in, tall sweeping motions that carried him toward her. "Yeh, fancy that." Mari said as she glanced at Cordelia. "I didn't know you'd be coming along till a few minutes ago." Mari said with a smile. She was happy to see him again, Cordelia too. It just caught her off guard. "Yeh I've met up with Cord a few times now." Mari said with a wry grin. Baldur warned her not to ask about the cart. Mari gave him an exagerated wink. "What Cart? Whatever are you talking about Baldur." She said with a flippant wave. "Such nonsense my dear, such nonsense." She added in a mock high society tone.

"As to why I'm here, err -" Mari tugged on her hair, fingers trawling through ginger strands. "I was helpin' Macradon. He wanted to open up a school, and we had to bankroll it." Why was her heart beating so fast? Goddamn this was frustrating. "He keeps going on about me being a teacher there. Buut I'm not so sure his students would be too happy wtih that. Oh." Mari blinked. "Speaking of...Cordelia..."

Mari turned her eyes to the white haired woman. "How did that technique I taught you work out? Is Pacco behaving?" There was a pause as Mari quickly explained what she meant to both Baldur and Oscar. "Ah, see - I helped her with training her familiar and uhm...I guess oh, how do you explain it?" Mari mumbled as she scratched her head. "Ah - here." 

Mari pulled out her blade and with a sharp whistle her familiar -Kohaku appeared. Her familiar, a large Koi - danced around her form in a slow pattern till she held out her dagger to the side; blade facing skyward. Kohaku swam to the blade, and quite literally dove  into the crimson surface. It sent ripples up and around the blade till the blade  shimmered with orange wisps that floated around it. "T-this." Mari said, a little embarrassed at the theatrics.

@Cordelia @Baldur @Oscar

"I-" Cordelia stared at the wagon incredulously before let out an exuberant laugh. "Alright then," she chuckled, following after him. 

In a beam of light, the trio and wagon were transported all the way to the twenty-first floor. "Ah, Mari!" Cordelia exclaimed, running towards the all too familiar orange-haired player. "I'm pretty sure you knew him well enough to remember his name," she noted after her interacting with Oscar, intertwining her hands together in front of her as she let out a stiff giggle. 

"Oh, Pacco?" She asked, tapping the tips of her delicate fingers together as she gave her a wry smile. "It's been going well. I don't think he likes being in the sword too much," she said, rolling her eyes as she shuffled over to Mari. "Plus, I've just been keeping him there so I don't have to log two birds everywhere on my shoulders," she whispered, snickering to herself as she patted the hilt of her katana. "I don't think that Oscar or Baldur has seen both of them, either," she mumbled, rubbing her eyes with a small yawn. 

Cordelia pointed to Mari's blade with both of her hands and nodded. "Yep," she hummed, popping the 'p'. "Pacco is now in my trusty little sword. Way easier to keep him in check now if you ask me," she huffed, crossing her arms. 

As the two women were discussing their familiars, Oscar looked down at his own. Leeroy looked up at him, tongue lolling from the side of his mouth as he gave his master a dopey "grin." Jenkins, on the other hand, was alert and ready to hunt, his eyes scoping out the area with laser focus. He couldn't imagine stuffing his hound into his axe. That wouldn't be cool at all. He had more pressing concerns anyway. Oscar stabilized his wagon with two lengths of wood that he kept under the cover. Then, he grasped the white cloth and gave it a pull with all of the pomp and fanfare of a magician revealing the outcome of his trick. The wagon contained various ingredients - beef, peppers, cheese - as well as a rather large, flat grill that took up most of the space of the wagon.

"Behold! Mi vagón de tacos!"

Oscar quickly got to work. There was a reason he carried the same demeanor and charisma as a magician in the thick of his mind-blowing act. He was about to perform a magic trick himself. Thanks to one of his housing skills, he was able to transform two identical items into a lesser feast. Two hot dogs were placed on the grill. Oscar waved his hands above them and then a bright light erupted from in between them. A moment later, the hot dogs had been turned into an entire platter of tacos. Oscar repeated this three more times, using different foods with different enhancements each time. Eventually, he had created four Mexican-based feasts out of his decidedly-American food.

"Olé"

Spoiler

<<A Bottle of Cooking Oil>> Consumed  [+2 EVA Feast]
<<Blue Cow>> Consumed [+2 ACC Feast]
<<An Actual Pile of Diamonds>> Consumed [+45 MIT Feast]
<<A Tub of Lard>> Consumed [+135 Overhealth Feast]

<<Blue Cow>> reflavored to Habanero Taco Platter [+2 ACC Feast]
<<A Bottle of Cooking Oil>> reflavored to Quesadilla Platter [+2 EVA Feast]
<<An Actual Pile of Diamonds>> reflavored to Chalupa Platter [+45 MIT Feast]
<<A Tub of Lard>> reflavored to Chicken Nacho Platter [+135 Overhealth Feast]

Before Baldur knew it, the scent of tacos filled his nose, and he was surprised his jaw didn't hit the ground and his tongue loll out at the sight of tacos. How long had it been since he had last had them? Whatever the case, Baldur pressed up close against this miracle machine Oscar had hauled all the way up here.

"Oscar, you are my new favorite person. I can't-- I can't tell you how long I have been craving tacos."

Baldur eyed the tacos hungrily, holding himself back from acting like a kid in a candy shop and just taking one to start munching down on it.

"Man, those smell delicious. I would have appreciated a good hot dog, but this... this is even better."

Suddenly, Baldur became aware that he wasn't alone here. His kohai, Cordelia, was watching him practically drool on the wheel of Oscar's taco wagon, and Mari, who looked up to him, and saw him as a completely serious, level headed, bastion of wisdom, now saw him acting childish over some tacos. So the gaijin samurai tried to cover his outburst with a cough and then looked back up at Oscar with a mask of calm, cool, collection.

"I would love one of everything, Sir."