[PP-F21] <<Betrayal of the King>> Ain't nothin but a corn dog

Mari smiled at Cordelia. "I'm glad to hear that - honestly...kinda makes me happy that something I taught someone stuck - makes me think Mac's not so stupid after all for askin' me to teach at his school thing." Mari said as she absently tugged at her hair. It seemed the men at least, were too preoccupied to see Mari's display. Good. Less for her to worry about. 

Oscar seemed just as theatrical, if not more than her - with a flourish he revealed an entire wagon of..."Uhm..." Mari hadn't seen anything like it - wasn't he meant to be a hotdog guy? "You sure picked.... an interesting guy." Mari said to Cordelia as she jabbed her in the side with her elbow. "Lookit that, man of many talents I Guess?"

Mari approached the wagon, feeling her stomach growl. "Whoa.... I haven't seen stuff like this in years. Hell I don't even think I've eaten tacos since I've been in the game."  Mari joined Baldur's side, one hand on his arm for support, the other on the cart.

"Holy cow! It's a Nacho platter." Mari licked her lips then laughed. "Ahaha, I suppose this is Nacho regular meal before a fight eh?"  A part of her winced at the joke, here she was with a stranger, a man she may or may not like, and Cordelia. The least she could do was have a modicum of self restraint.

"Oh geez..." She muttered as she stepped away. "I hope that wasn't too cheesy.. Taco bout a tough crowd."

....she couldn't stop.

Someone please stop her.

@Cordelia @Oscar @Baldur

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Talents I am not aware about apparently," Cordelia mused, following after her towards the wagon.

"Are you going to abandon the whole hotdog shtick and become a master taco maker now?" She asked him jokingly as she turned her attention to the array of foods. She scratched her chin quizzically before clapping her hands together in front of her with a sheepish smile. "I don't think I've ever eaten tacos before in general," she exclaimed like it was nothing. Absolutely nothing. 

"Mari, you mustn't go over to that side," she whispered quickly, grabbing ahold of the girl's shoulders, a dead serious look on her face as she stared at Mari's soul.  "You don't want to end up like. . ." Cordelia paused, looking at Baldur from the corner of her eye before she turned back to Mari, "a fallen friend." A very thin line was stopping her from immediately plunging her katana into her heart at the moment. A very, very thin line.

Seeing everyone's delight at the mere vision of his tacos, Oscar pulled a lever on his wagon. Wooden flaps shot up and formed something of a table directly opposite Oscar. There, he placed three plates and piled it high with a serving from each of the feasts. "Come on guys, don't be shy. We gotta buff up before we fight this guy, no?" Oscar prepared his own plate as he waited for them to congregate around the front of his wagon. There would be plenty of space for each of them to stand and eat without bothering the others. "I actually haven't made any sort of non-American food since I got stuck here, so I'm curious to see what you guys think."

It was something of an oddity. Four people - half of them strangers to him - gathered around a wagon eating tacos in the middle of a subterranean cave was quite a sight to behold. But food has a way of bringing people together from all walks of life. It was a good chunk of the reason why he chose to be a Cook. It was as true now as it had been since the man first discovered fire. Oscar took a bite of the smorgasbord of dishes before him, his eyes flicking to Mari's orange crystal. It was something of the elephant in the room, but both Baldur and Cordelia seemed to be at ease about the girl. He wouldn't be a stick in the mud and call her out on it. They were having such a good time in the short span since they'd come together that it would be a shame to ruin it. He quickly scarfed down his food and washed it down with a Titan's Strength potion to boost his damage. He let out a sigh of content and passed his gaze over the group before him.

"If we're all buffed up, let's go commit some regicide!"

Spoiler

Oscar 1205/1205 HP | 104/104 EN | 22 DMG | 4 ACC | 3 EVA | 151 MIT | VAMP-DEF | SAVVY | 12 FLN | 36 BRN[BD8-10] | 48 BH

Habanero Taco Platter [+2 ACC Feast] Consumed 2 -> 3 ACC due to filling buff
Quesadilla Platter [+2 EVA Feast] Consumed
Chalupa Platter [+45 MIT Feast] Consumed
Chicken Nacho Platter [+135 Overhealth Feast] Consumed

<<Titan's Strength>> Consumed +3 DMG

Baldur looked down at the card transformed table, and the feast of foods before him that he hadn't eaten since he arrived in Aincrad.

"Itadakimasu!" Baldur called out louder than necessary, and dove into the taco platter first. There was something divine about having his first taco in.. how many years has it really been? The thought bothered Baldur, since he knew they were running out of time, but the grim thoughts were driven away by the wonderful taste of tacos. Immediately he was transported to another world of flavor.

"This is divine, Oscar-san." Baldur said, without even emptying his mouth first.

Next was the Quesadilla platter. It wasn't as good as the tacos, but the extra cheese made up for it. Baldur had never been much of a chalupa person, but when you haven't had one in years, it tastes like the best thing ever made. And to wrap it all up? Nachos. What could have been better?

"Uhh... I don't care what happens next." Baldur said, slouching so he could lean on the table. "That was worth it."

Spoiler

Baldur 1395/1395 HP | 132/132 EN | 22/25 DMG WF/MM | 5/6 WF/MM | 5 EVA | 124 MIT | ABSLT ACC | 56 BH | 0/2 STATUS IMN | 30 THRNS

Baldur gets Taco Platter bonus +2 ACC
Baldur gets Quesadilla Patter +2 EVA
Baldur gets Chalupa Platter +45 MIT
Baldur gets Chicken Nacho Platter +135 Overhealth

Baldur consumes Max Damage Crystal +3 Damage
Baldur consumes Medium Antidote 2 turn immunity
Baldur consumes Immolation Potion 30 Thorns Damage

Edited by Baldur

Mari gave Cordelia a wry grin. "Ohhh~" There was a great deal of humour in her voice as she reached out to smoosh Cordelia's cheeks together. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you hate corny jokes like that, am I right? C'mon, whose this fallen friend? Let's Taco bout it, I'm sure whatever ails you isn't un burritoble."   Mari let go of Cordelia, lest she get a quick punch to her gut. It was time to eat. Mari turned to the cart.

"Oh wow err..." Mari pointed at Baldur, "Is he gonna be okay?" A light prod to the side of Baldur's head. "Baldur? You okay there buddy? In a food coma?" She had to admit, she kinda liked seeing this side of him. Not quite the side where he had cheese smooshed over the lower half of his face, but the side where he was seemingly able to relax - not be so strong and stalwart all the time.

Mari grinned as she started eating all parts of the feats laid out before her.
"You know..." She said between eating and swallowing. "I'm not a fan of hotdogs..." Another swallow as she reached for a particularly gooey and cheesy section of the nachos. "But this? I could really get used to this..."  Mari's outstretched hand paused as she was going for her second chalupa, it lowered to rest on the side of the cart.

She shifted her gaze from one person to the other, everyone here...seemed to be in such high spirits. They were eating and laughing together - sharing a meal before a battle. There was a slight tremble that came from her lips but she quickly covered them with her free hand. This...this was beautiful. Never in her life would she ever expect to be able to experience things like this again. It was a little overwhelming for Mari. Did she deserve to feel this happiness and peace?

Mari gave another sideward glance to Baldur - who seemed to be in a stupor from food, then to Cordelia, whom she gave a warm smile to as she quickly rose her hand to wipe away errant tears.

"Thanks...for all of this." She said. The emotions clear in her tone. "Really...this- this is amazing."

@Oscar @Cordelia @Baldur

MARI
Level: 60 | HP: 1365/1365  |Energy: 120/120 |
DAM: 14 | EVA 3+2  | MIT 43+45=88 | ACC 4+2

Habanero Taco Platter [+2 ACC Feast] Consumed

Cordelia wiped a nonexistent tear away as she watched Mari walk off. "You have chosen a dark path," she whispered, praying for whatever was out there to watch over this poor girl. 

"When did you even get a wagon?" She asked incredulously as she eyed the cart as she nudged Oscar's side with her elbow. Were wagons just something you could. . . buy in the game? Where would you even buy a wagon from-- you know what, these were questions that didn't need answers. She'll just go back to living without knowing where wagons came from. 

She had barely taken a bite out of her taco before Baldur had propelled himself into the land of cheese and meat. "I-- wow." There weren't really words to express what she was feeling right now. . . just, wow. Good Lord, the days were getting darker and darker. "He'll be fine. If he passes out, we can just put him on the wagon and wheel him there," she said, waving Mari off jokingly before she took a bite out of a quesadilla. 

"Maybe you should be making more tacos more often," Cordelia commented, looking at Baldur's slouched form before she flashed Oscar a wry smile. "If this is the reaction you get from Baldur, I think people would go absolutely nuts for it," she said with a small laugh as she finished off the multiple feasts. God damn, she wasn't she if she had ever so much cheese in a single day before. 

Cordelia's eyes widened a bit at Mari's sudden appreciation, but it quickly melted into a soft expression. "It's no problem," she exclaimed, giving the girl a wide grin before she turned to Oscar. "Alright, I'm all ready to go! Let's go kill whatever the hell this thing is!"

LVL: 51 | HP: 1175/1175 | EN: 120/120 | 21 DMG | 45 MIT | 6 ACC | 4 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF]| 6 HLY | 2 [36] BRN

Consumed Super Buff Miso Ramen [+2 Protein]
Habanero Taco Platter [+2 ACC Feast]

With everyone fed and buffed up, Oscar covered his cart again and left it in a somewhat secluded place between two boulders. He wasn't extremely worried that anyone would steal it. It very clearly existed purely for decoration. He was, however, concerned that the spiders that prowled this floor would decide that it looked better in pieces. But he couldn't very well fight the most difficult quest boss while trying to steer a taco cart, so it was a risk that Oscar had to take. He shoved a block of wood in front the wheels and made sure that everything was all sorted before turning back to the group. "Let's do this thing!"

The four of them journeyed through the floor until they came to a wide open space dotted with large stones. A boss arena if he had ever seen one. Oscar was the first to step into the arena. The moment his feet crossed the invisible boundary, a bolt of lightning struck from on high. Weird, considering Floor 21 was the underground floor. The force of the bolt caused the ground to shake and triggered an explosion of dirt and debris. From within the cloud, a figure began to move. It dashed out of the obfuscating miasma, lightning-charged spear at the ready.

Oscar, being the only one actually in the arena at this point, rushed the boss. As he entered the King's attack range, the boss swung his spear like a sword. Lightning arced from the edge of the blade, generating heat that Oscar could feel on his skin as he narrowly dodged the attack. The King quickly followed up with another swipe. Oscar deflected the blow with the haft of his axe. The sudden deflection knocked the King off balance, giving Oscar just enough time to retaliate. Tesseleth's Fury swiped from left to right, each hit of the Sword Art barely tickling the boss's health bar. He finished his attack with a powerful downward slice. His eye flicked up to the King's health bar, the final damage of his Sword Art having done very little to the boss. It was at this point that he began to wonder if this had been such a good idea. Maybe the rest of his party could make up for his less-than-impressive Alpha Strike.

Spoiler

[1]Oscar 1205/1205 HP | 89/104 EN | 22 DMG | 4 ACC | 3 EVA | 151 MIT | VAMP-DEF | SAVVY | 12 FLN | 36 BRN[BD8-10] | 48 BH
Baldur 1395/1395 HP | 132/132 EN | 22/25 DMG WF/MM | 5/6 WF/MM | 5 EVA | 124 MIT | ABSLT ACC | 56 BH | 0/2 STATUS IMN | 30 THRNS
Mari HP: 1365/1365  | Energy: 120/120 | DAM: 14 | EVA 5  | MIT 43+45=88 | ACC 6 | 
Cordelia HP: 1175/1175 | EN: 120/120 | 21 DMG | 45 MIT | 6 ACC | 4 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF]| 6 HLY | 2 [36] BRN

Explode Catapult[x14] vs Forgotten Time King ID: 139982 BD4+4 Deal 158 DMG

Forgotten Time King 3592/3750 [-158] HP | 300 DMG | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | 150

Baldur watched as once more the Marathon king emerged from within his terrible arena. Oscar lead the attack, and Baldur felt a bit guilty about that. He was the senior here, and should be the one holding tanking responsibilities, but this was Oscar's fight. He wanted to challenge this beast, and he lead the party here. But that did not mean that Baldur was going to be left behind.

Taking a deep breath, the Gaijin Samurai focused his steel blue gaze upon the Forgotten Time King, selecting him. For a moment, Baldur's hand hesitated over the tsuba of the two swords at his side. In the end, he gripped the <<Muramasa>> the sword that had been here before. As Baldur set himself up for the <<charge>> pre-motion he let the system take over. His form turned into a blurr of blue light as he streaked towards the boss, an eruption of red burst from the blue streak in an arc as he drew the the cursed blade, and bisected the skeletal monarch. Faster than he ever could move in the real world, the form of Baldur flowed smoothly around the king, each stroke of his sword leaving another arc of crimson light frozen in the air until they had all been formed and with a final overhead chopping motion, the arcs of light crushed through the king.

It was a good, satisfying opening hit and Baldur let out a breath of relief that his gamble had paid off.

"Don't worry, we got this!"

ID#140000 BD: 5+5=10 (hit)
25 (Base)+5(charge)=30x15=450 RAW - 150 MIT = 300 Damage Dealt

[1]Oscar 1205/1205 HP | 89/104 EN | 22 DMG | 4 ACC | 3 EVA | 151 MIT | VAMP-DEF | SAVVY | 12 FLN | 36 BRN[BD8-10] | 48 BH
[1]Baldur 1395/1395 HP | 120/132 EN | 22/25 DMG WF/MM | 5/6 WF/MM | 5 EVA | 124 MIT | ABSLT ACC | 56 BH | 0/2 STATUS IMN | 30 THRNS
[0]Mari 1365/1365 HP  | Energy: 120/120 | DAM: 14 | EVA 5  | MIT 43+45=88 | ACC 6 | 
[0]Cordelia 1175/1175 HP | EN: 120/120 | 21 DMG | 45 MIT | 6 ACC | 4 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF]| 6 HLY | 2 [36] BRN

Forgotten Time King 3292/3750 [-300] HP | 300 DMG | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | 150

@Cordelia @Mari

Edited by Baldur

Wait - wait -what

Before Mari had a chance to protest - or tell Cordelia more of her wonderful, punderful, puns - they were in the heat of battle against a blackened and decrepit beast. "Holy sh*t..." Mari breathed as she saw its very, very large health bar.  Mari nudged Cordelia. "Hey...hey - why did King Arthur go to the dentist?" She asked.

Cordelia turned and gave her a mortified look.

"To get his teeth crowned!" Mari called out as she charged forward after Baldur. She had pulled out her red bladed dagger and quickly flipped it into a reverse grip activating the <<Eternal Cyclone>> Sword Art. She grabbed its cape, nothing more than tattered wisps of charcoal material and used its momentum to swing her around the formidable foe - slashing over and over at his torso before rolling back in line with the others.

"I wonder if this guy is worrying about his receeding Heir line, get it Cord? Because its Heir!" Mari said with another cheeky grin. This battle was going to be tough, so she'd rather keep her spirits light.

@Cordelia

ID:140182  BD: 2 + 6=8 - 1=7
14 + 5 Charge =19 x 13=247 -150 MIT=97
[1]Oscar 1205/1205 HP | 89/104 EN | 22 DMG | 4 ACC | 3 EVA | 151 MIT | VAMP-DEF | SAVVY | 12 FLN | 36 BRN[BD8-10] | 48 BH
[1]Baldur 1395/1395 HP | 120/132 EN | 22/25 DMG WF/MM | 5/6 WF/MM | 5 EVA | 124 MIT | ABSLT ACC | 56 BH | 0/2 STATUS IMN | 30 THRNS
[0]Mari 1365/1365 HP  | Energy: 109/120 | DAM: 14 | EVA 5  | MIT 43+45=88 | ACC 6 | 
[0]Cordelia 1175/1175 HP | EN: 120/120 | 21 DMG | 45 MIT | 6 ACC | 4 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF]| 6 HLY | 2 [36] BRN

Forgotten Time King 2895/3750 [300] HP | 300 DMG | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | 150 MIT

Edited by Mari

Cordelia gave Mari a look of disbelief as she watched her retreating figure charge towards the king. "Good lord, it's spreading," she whined under her breath, tilting her head up as she let out an exhausted sigh. 

Once the girl came back, Cordelia blinked at her with her cold, dead eyes. "Mari." She paused, her face refusing to leave Mari's as she gesture her hands to the king. "He's literally dead!" She exclaimed, waving around her hands before her shoulders slumped. 

Cordelia sighed, her hands rubbing her eyes. "Dark times, dark times," she muttered, shaking her head before she cracked a small smile. The girl exhaled again, turning her attention back to the towering figure. "Oh boy, this might be harder than I thought it would be," she mumbled, biting her lip as she unsheathed her katana from its scabbard. 

Cordelia dashed forward as she prepared to execute another San Ge attack. Onimaru surged onwards as the blade skimmed across the Forgotten Time King's thick plated armor. The girl cursed under her breath as she watched it barely tick away a few points of the mob's HP gauge. Her body whirled around just as she raised her katana above her head to deliver a final down thrust, which thankfully, knocked out much more HP than her previous cuts. 

ID: 140196
BD: 7, Hit | 21x15= 315-150= 165

[1]Oscar 1205/1205 HP | 89/104 EN | 22 DMG | 4 ACC | 3 EVA | 151 MIT | VAMP-DEF | SAVVY | 12 FLN | 36 BRN[BD8-10] | 48 BH
[1]Baldur 1395/1395 HP | 120/132 EN | 22/25 DMG WF/MM | 5/6 WF/MM | 5 EVA | 124 MIT | ABSLT ACC | 56 BH | 0/2 STATUS IMN | 30 THRNS
[1]Mari 1365/1365 HP  | Energy: 109/120 | DAM: 14 | EVA 5  | MIT 43+45=88 | ACC 6 | 
[1]Cordelia 1175/1175 HP | EN: 106/120 | 21 DMG | 45 MIT | 6 ACC | 4 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF]| 6 HLY | 2 [36] BRN -14

Forgotten Time King 3030/3750 | 300 DMG | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | 150 MIT -165

Spoiler

FTK Attack - CD8 (targetting Mari)
ID: 140642 BD3+3-5 Miss

Explode Catapult vs Forgotten Time King ID: 140643 BD7+4-3 
FLN Proc 22 [base] + 12[FLN] = 34
34x14 = 476 raw - 150 MIT = 326 DMG

[2]Oscar 1205/1205 HP | 75/104 EN | 22 DMG | 4 ACC | 3 EVA | 151 MIT | VAMP-DEF | SAVVY | 12 FLN | 36 BRN[BD8-10] | 48 BH
[1]Mari 1365/1365 HP  | Energy: 109/120 | DAM: 14 | EVA 5  | MIT 43+45=88 | ACC 6 | 
[1]Cordelia 1175/1175 HP | EN: 106/120 | 21 DMG | 45 MIT | 6 ACC | 4 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF]| 6 HLY | 2 [36] BRN -14

Forgotten Time King 2704/3750 [-326] | 300 DMG | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | 150 MIT -165

The battle was going about as smoothly as Oscar could have hoped. Everyone managed to land their initial attacks - which was both a good and bad thing. Oscar, for his part, had the most mitigation out of everyone in the party. He should have been taking point on threat. Without any skills to bolster his threat generation, however, everyone found themselves in a four way tie. This meant that the King would attack whoever he felt like. This round, that appeared to be Mari. He raised his lightning-clad spear over his head and brought it down in a powerful downward slice. The tip of his spear crashed into the earth, punctuated by a bolt of lightning concentrated at the point of impact. A thick cloud of dust billowed up from the ground, debris exploding outwards in all directions. Oscar was just thankful, at this point, that the King wasn't the best shot. Though he had turned in Mari's general direction, that was about as far as the King went when it came to trying to actually hit the coral rogue. He had to wonder whether the electric monarch was just toying with them at this point.

Being as the King had committed so thoroughly to a missed attack, his back was wide open. Oscar wasn't above seizing whatever opportunity he had to in order to make a boss's health bar reach zero faster. He capitalized on that opening. Hard. He waited for a moment for his window - the point where the dust had settled just enough to make out the silhouette of his target. It came faster than he expected. Then, he struck. Stepping forward on his right foot, he took a batter's stance with his weapon. If the King was a baseball, Oscar was about to knock him out of the park. Quick as a whip, he struck with all of the force he could feasibly generate. As the blade of his weapon tore through the air, an inky-black energy bubbled up from within the edge. Oscar's attack left a dark gash in the King's back. Despite the raw force he'd put into the blow, it only forced the King to stagger forward a couple of steps. 

Which, of course, would be Baldur's window.

Baldur watched as the rest of the team landed blow after blow on the boss, until Oscar's sword arts were off cooldown again, and he got his next in. <<Tesseleth's Fury>> was an incredibly powerful weapon. The proc from the weapon took a staggering chunk out of the boss and left it open for a follow up. There couldn't have been a better setup for the gaijin as the skeletal monarch to stagger back a few steps. Putting the <<muramasa>> back in its scabbard, Baldur switched over to the <<Warden's Fury>> and once again draw his sword with blinding speed, but instead of the crimson, almost blood red light that was emitted from the cursed blade, the white and golden light of the <<Warden's Fury>> radiated brilliant, pure, almost cleansing light. As Baldur struck the king, the lighting infused blade exploded forth, which would have paralyzed lesser monsters, but radiance of the sword tore unerringly into the king's force as Baldur danced around it, raining blow after blow onto the boss until he came down with a massive downward leaping strike and blowing the boss back like a ping pong ball back towards the others in the party as the samurai felt the satisfying crunch of a critical hit.

"We're doing good, keep it up!" Even though it wasn't paralyzed, that was a good hit. The forgotten king's eyes, however, seemed to linger on Baldur now. With a critical hit, I might have just picked up a hate lead.

The Samurai took a few steps back and readied himself for the king's counter attack.

ID#141187 BD: 10 (Crit)

San Ge: 22 base +2 Crit = 24x15 = 360 RAW - 150 MIT = 210 DMG Dealt (paralyze ignored)

[2] Oscar 1205/1205 HP | 75/104 EN | 22 DMG | 4 ACC | 3 EVA | 151 MIT | VAMP-DEF | SAVVY | 12 FLN | 36 BRN[BD8-10] | 48 BH
[3] Baldur 1395/1395 HP | 109/132 EN | 22/25 DMG WF/MM | 5/6 WF/MM | 5 EVA | 124 MIT | ABSLT ACC | 56 BH | 0/2 STATUS IMN | 30 THRNS | -12 EN, +1 EN
[1] Mari 1365/1365 HP  | Energy: 109/120 | DAM: 14 | EVA 5  | MIT 43+45=88 | ACC 6 | 
[1] Cordelia 1175/1175 HP | EN: 106/120 | 21 DMG | 45 MIT | 6 ACC | 4 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF]| 6 HLY | 2 [36] BRN -14

Forgotten Time King 2494/3750 | 300 DMG | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | 150 MIT -210 DMG 

Edited by Baldur

Mari turned to Cordelia with a grin. "Dead you say?" She reached out and ruffled Cordelia's hair. "Dead tired!"  Mari joked. She continued. "I bet he has a bone to pick with us! Maybe that's why he's so grumpy!" 

Her jokes were interrupted as the attacks continued, the large looming King then swooped down to attack her - a large bony hand sweeping across the field. Mari managed to duck just in time. "Phew - I don't think he finds me too Humerus." Mari knew Cordelia hated puns, maybe that's why she kept them coming, she liked the light-hearted atmosphere that they brought. It was a bloody side better than the usual crap that mulled around in her head. 

Her jovial takes were short lived. Her eyes watched as each player attacked. Cordelia had poise and grace, Oscar was a strong and stalwart powerhouse - and Baldur...he was like a turbulent current, crashing down on his opponent. He was like a storm. Lightning flashing across his features as he attacked. The light he emitted was so bright it almost hurt her eyes. Mari had to avert her eyes. She blinked then shook her head. It was her turn. 

Mari flipped her dagger, gripping it in a reverse fashion to unlock her <<Eternal Cyclone>> Sword Art. It was her most powerful art - with a kick up of dust she was off - charging toward the towering and decrepit king. Mari attacked his shin, then pivoted on the foot of her heel - hair and scarf in a blur of orange behind her. Again and again she'd spin - with each spin she tore through the foe before she shifted back in line with the others. It was enemies like these...that were immune to all status debuffs that bothered Mari the most, she specialized in DoT - how the hell was she supposed to inflict it if the damn undead bastard was immune to everything. Her charge earlier didn't stun it, nor did Baldur's attack.

The small sliver that disappeared from his health cut Mari. How...how could she do such little damage? Mari looked at her own hands with a sense of defeat and disgust. She should have taken a damage potion or crystal  before entering the battle. She didn't think it would have started so soon...she thought she had the time. "Dammit..." She muttered under her breath. This...this isn't how she had hoped it'd go. Everyone else had been shaving the health off steadily, what did she even accomplish? What did she bring to the group?

"Why am I even here..." She asked herself as her fingers curled into her palms to form a fist. Had she made a mistake? No... Her hit had been successful. So then why? Why did she do such little damage? Was it because she had chosen to use a dagger again? Mari hated that. What was the point in being in the frontlines if she couldn't even hit this quest boss for more than 100 health?

@Cordelia @Oscar @Baldur

ID#141229  BD: 3+6=HIT 
Eternal Cyclone 13 x 14 =182-150 MIT = 32 DAMAGE

[2] Oscar 1205/1205 HP | 75/104 EN | 22 DMG | 4 ACC | 3 EVA | 151 MIT | VAMP-DEF | SAVVY | 12 FLN | 36 BRN[BD8-10] | 48 BH
[3] Baldur 1395/1395 HP | 109/132 EN | 22/25 DMG WF/MM | 5/6 WF/MM | 5 EVA | 124 MIT | ABSLT ACC | 56 BH | 0/2 STATUS IMN | 30 THRNS | 
[1] Mari 1365/1365 HP  | Energy: 98/120 | DAM: 14 | EVA 5  | MIT 43+45=88 | ACC 6 |  -11
[1] Cordelia 1175/1175 HP | EN: 106/120 | 21 DMG | 45 MIT | 6 ACC | 4 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF]| 6 HLY | 2 [36] BRN -14

Forgotten Time King 2462/3750 | 300 DMG | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | 150 MIT -32

Edited by Mari

Cordelia exhaled as she watched as her party continue to chip away at the Forgotten Time King's massive health pool. No doubt, this was probably the tankiest mob she had faced so far. Event bosses didn't even compare to this iron wall of a monster. 

She scowled jokingly. "Only you can make bones jokes at a time like this, Mari," she muttered, shaking her head. Of course, she knew it was all fun and games but one can only take so many puns before one starts to insert knife in chest. Or in Cordelia's case, a big ass katana. Though, she was honestly impressed Mari could think of all of these on the whim. . . or was she? It wouldn't be totally unlike her to have some kind of frekin'. . . pun book or something. Yes, that wasn't completely out of character. 

Cordelia pulled her hair back as she watched Mari engage the king once again, only to exhale a disappointed sigh. Of course, Mari dealt DoT damage. This is probably one of the worst matchups she can go against. 

"Ah. . ." Cordelia stammered, patting Mari reassuringly on the back. She gulped, averting her gaze as she felt her cheeks heat up in embarrassment. "Don't worry about it, Mari. . . it-- it's, er. . . it's going tibia okay."

"Okay, bye," she muttered quickly, rushing out to take on the undead king once again. Tibia okay? That was the best she could come up with? 

Cordelia frowned, shaking off that embarrassing scene from her head. What's done is done, she couldn't go back now, unfortunately. She focused her attention back to the task at hand. For now, the king's center of attention seemed to be on Baldur, which gave her a perfect opening to attack. Her heels tracked up dirt and dust and she swerved behind the Forgotten Time King, her weapon ready to INSERT INTO CHEST carve away at the mob's health. With a burst of energy and speed, the girl sprung into the air, rotating her body to deliver tiny cuts against the chipped armor before she slammed her blade down on it. 

ID: 141350
BD: 5+6=11, Hit | 21x15= 315-150= 165

[3] Baldur 1395/1395 HP | 109/132 EN | 22/25 DMG WF/MM | 5/6 WF/MM | 5 EVA | 124 MIT | ABSLT ACC | 56 BH | 0/2 STATUS IMN | 30 THRNS 
[1] Mari 1365/1365 HP  | Energy: 98/120 | DAM: 14 | EVA 5  | MIT 43+45=88 | ACC 6
[2] Cordelia 1175/1175 HP | EN: 92/120 | 21 DMG | 45 MIT | 6 ACC | 4 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF]| 6 HLY | 2 [36] BRN -14

Forgotten Time King 2297/3750 | 300 DMG | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | 150 MIT -165

Spoiler

Forgotten Time King Attack vs Baldur ID: 141415 BD2+3-5 Miss

Explode Catapult vs Forgotten Time King ID: 141416 BD8+4
22+12[FLN] - 34*14 = 476 RAW - 150 MIT = 326 DMG [BRN nullified]

[3] Oscar 1205/1205 HP | 60/104 EN | 22 DMG | 4 ACC | 3 EVA | 151 MIT | VAMP-DEF | SAVVY | 12 FLN | 36 BRN[BD8-10] | 48 BH
[3] Baldur 1395/1395 HP | 109/132 EN | 22/25 DMG WF/MM | 5/6 WF/MM | 5 EVA | 124 MIT | ABSLT ACC | 56 BH | 0/2 STATUS IMN | 30 THRNS 
[2] Mari 1365/1365 HP  | Energy: 98/120 | DAM: 14 | EVA 5  | MIT 43+45=88 | ACC 6
[2] Cordelia 1175/1175 HP | EN: 92/120 | 21 DMG | 45 MIT | 6 ACC | 4 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF]| 6 HLY | 2 [36] BRN -14

Forgotten Time King 1971/3750 | 300 DMG | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | 150 MIT

The party's efforts to bring the King low were slowly coming together. Bit by bit, they whittled away at the boss's gigantic health bar - some dealing more damage than others. Even Mari's small amount of damage served a purpose here. Whether it be one or one thousand, each stroke brought the enemy closer and closer to being slain. Through the din of combat, Oscar could make out the glint of frustration in her eyes. He felt the need to say something encouraging in this time of immense need. But given the fact they had a lightning-slinging douchecanoe to worry about, he didn't exactly find himself in the right head space to give her any real encouragement. "Hey Mari! Don't sweat it. Just think of how much a badass you have to be to fight this guy with a toothpick. You could do one damage and still be flexing all over him!"

Certainly not his best work, but it would have to do.

As Oscar spoke, the King took aim at his next target. The crit that Baldur had landed upon the King had placed him at the top of the aggro chart. Thus, he had earned the King's ire. But, much like with Mari, the King's powerful attack hit nothing but air. Oscar felt a little dirty capitalizing on the same opening he did the last time, but it was right there. An Explode Catapult delivered to the King's back sent the monarch staggering forward. Oscar had landed yet another Fallen proc. He really didn't know what deity had chosen to shine their light down upon him, but he certainly wasn't questioning it. Although, it did take the wind out of his sails when it came to making Mari feel better about her damage situation. He almost wished that he had missed.

Once again, Oscar managed to land a devastating blow that caused the boss to stagger towards Baldur once more. It was closer to him now though, since he had become the target, and so instead of dancing around it, Baldur ducked under it's weapon arm. He could only do that because it was so much larger than the rest of them, but his maneuver meant that he could now capitalize on Oscar's devastating attack. The gaijin samurai rushed forward, activating his strongest sword art <<San Ge>> into the hunched form of the king.

The king staggered more than Baldur had expected, but he was able to adjust at the last moment, and prevent his sword art from going off and attacking nothing. Instead, the samurai jammed his electrified blade into the back of the forgotten king and white gold arcs of light followed Baldur's sword as he tore into him with the rest of the blows, each one landing unerringly on the boss monster.

He watched the health bar continue to deplete, and took a heartbeat of a moment to break his scrapper lock on the target and look at everyone else. Their damage, event combined, was nothing compared to what Oscar was putting out. He had never seen Tesselth's fury be wielded like this before. It seemed that Oscar had somehow mastered the weapon in a way he had never seen in Zandra's hands. If they could keep this up, the fight would be over soon. Almost anticlimactically so.

ID#142131 BD:1+6 (hit) 
San Ge: 22x15=330-150 MIT = 180 Dmg Dealt

[3] Oscar 1205/1205 HP | 60/104 EN | 22 DMG | 4 ACC | 3 EVA | 151 MIT | VAMP-DEF | SAVVY | 12 FLN | 36 BRN[BD8-10] | 48 BH
[4] Baldur 1395/1395 HP | 109/132 EN | 22/25 DMG WF/MM | 5/6 WF/MM | 5 EVA | 124 MIT | ABSLT ACC | 56 BH | 0/2 STATUS IMN | 30 THRNS 
[2] Mari 1365/1365 HP  | Energy: 98/120 | DAM: 14 | EVA 5  | MIT 43+45=88 | ACC 6
[2] Cordelia 1175/1175 HP | EN: 92/120 | 21 DMG | 45 MIT | 6 ACC | 4 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF]| 6 HLY | 2 [36] BRN -14

Forgotten Time King 1791/3750 | 300 DMG | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | 150 MIT

Edited by Baldur

Mari shrugged at Cordelia as she questioned Mari's poor timing with her jokes. "Sometimes, the heaviest of moments and burdens can be lightened with some good ol' fashioned jokes, and what finer jokes are there if not puns?" Mari asked. Despite her words, Mari was all out of jokes, her mood sullied by her pittance of damage.  Mari cracked a smile as Cordelia made a joke, then quickly ran off - how sweet. 

The others tore through the Forgotten Time King, and she watched as its health began to slowly dip down. Mari shifted awkwardly, feeling a mixture of anger and disappointment. But a voice, boisterous and loud with a thick accent shouted out to her. "Ah? Oscar?" She blinked as he waved off her weak attack. It seemed both Cordelia and Oscar were rallying behind her in an attempt to make her feel better. Mari managed a smile. Their words helped. They may not be entirely true - but the meaning behind them meant more than that.

Mari flipped her dagger into the reverse grip again activating her <<Eternal Cyclone>> Sword Art, and with a quick dash forward she was on him. Dagger tore through fetid skin and  bone as she ducked under his wide swing. The continued spins and twirls were almost like a dance, as she finished off her attack. Mari skidded back to Cordelia's side. Feeling better.

The feeling was short lived, again...Mari had dealt almost nothing, she wasn't sure the health bar even moved. As she fell back in line with the others her grip on her blade tightened, her fists shaking. This wasn't good. This was...this was terrible She was letting down everyone. Disappointing some of the people she cared about most. And for what? For what reason?

"Sorry Cord." Mari mumbled. "Guess no amount of jokes can really fix this."

@Cordelia

ID:142134  BD: 6+6-HIT
14 x 13 = 182-150=32

[3] Oscar 1205/1205 HP | 60/104 EN | 22 DMG | 4 ACC | 3 EVA | 151 MIT | VAMP-DEF | SAVVY | 12 FLN | 36 BRN[BD8-10] | 48 BH
[4] Baldur 1395/1395 HP | 109/132 EN | 22/25 DMG WF/MM | 5/6 WF/MM | 5 EVA | 124 MIT | ABSLT ACC | 56 BH | 0/2 STATUS IMN | 30 THRNS 
[2] Mari 1365/1365 HP  | Energy: 87/120 | DAM: 14 | EVA 5  | MIT 43+45=88 | ACC 6
[2] Cordelia 1175/1175 HP | EN: 92/120 | 21 DMG | 45 MIT | 6 ACC | 4 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF]| 6 HLY | 2 [36] BRN -14

Forgotten Time King 1759/3750 | 300 DMG | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | 150 MIT

Edited by Mari

Cordelia gave Mari an apologetic smile. It hurt her to see such a usually strong-willed women to be in the dumps like this, and she really wished that she could comfort her further, but that was going to be difficult when they were fighting a giant undead king. 

"We all have our own moments like this, don't forget that," she said, her smile crooked. Of course, she knew that. Ask Oscar about that damned questline! At least Mari was actually hitting this thing! At least she didn't hit a total of what. . . four times in a quest chain made up of what, six quests? She mentally sighed. She swore she had never felt such anger and utter despair before. 

Giving a final pat of affirmation to Mari's shoulder, Cordelia raced towards the Forgotten Time King once more. She inhaled sharply, dashing around the side of the massive foe before she repeated the same attack she did last time; a flurry of small gashes before

ID: 142652
BD: 5+6=11, Hit | 21x15= 315-150= 165

[2] Mari 1365/1365 HP  | Energy: 87/120 | DAM: 14 | EVA 5  | MIT 43+45=88 | ACC 6
[3] Cordelia 1175/1175 HP | EN: 78/120 | 21 DMG | 45 MIT | 6 ACC | 4 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF]| 6 HLY | 2 [36] BRN -14

Forgotten Time King 1594/3750 | 300 DMG | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | 150 MIT -165

Spoiler

Forgotten Time King attack vs Baldur ID: 143204 BD7+3-5 Miss

Explode Catapult vs Forgotten Time King ID: 143205 BD6+4
Deal 476-150= 326 DMG

[4] Oscar 1205/1205 HP | 45/104 EN | 22 DMG | 4 ACC | 3 EVA | 151 MIT | VAMP-DEF | SAVVY | 12 FLN | 36 BRN[BD8-10] | 48 BH
[3] Mari 1365/1365 HP  | Energy: 87/120 | DAM: 14 | EVA 5  | MIT 43+45=88 | ACC 6
[3] Cordelia 1175/1175 HP | EN: 78/120 | 21 DMG | 45 MIT | 6 ACC | 4 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF]| 6 HLY | 2 [36] BRN

Forgotten Time King 1268/3750 | 300 DMG | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | 150 MIT

The party had the King on the back foot at this point. They had gnawed through well almost two-thirds of the King's health pool. Even Mari was trying her best, though her choice of weapon didn't exactly lend itself well to earth-shattering damage per second. But that was alright. What was important was that the party had yet to take a hit. Everyone was playing as conservatively as they could while still maximizing their damage. Oscar had to admit, seeing Baldur in action really highlighted the differences between the two of them as players. Oscar always thought that he had been a pretty solid player but Baldur was on a whole other level. Seamlessly shifting between weapons while dancing around the King's attacks was something that took quite a bit of skill. Baldur made it look easy, though.

Damn, I really gotta step it up.

The King was up to attack now. And, like before, he turned his attention towards Baldur. Of the four of them, the samurai had only the slightest of aggro leads, but it was enough to keep the King's attention focused squarely upon him. But there was just something about the way the King moved. It was like it was growing more focused as the fight dragged on. This time, it didn't make a passing effort to strike the subject of its ire. Quick as a flash, the King leaped into the air. It drew back its spear and seemed to track Baldur's movements with unerring efficiency. Then, he was off. Defying gravity, the king surged through the air like a missile. Things as they were, there was no way Baldur was going to be able to avoid the aerial attack.

The King's trajectory would carry it right past Oscar in its attempt to hit Baldur. If he timed it right, maybe an Explode Catapult would throw off the King's aim just enough for Baldur to move out of the way. The King sailed past and Oscar swung Tesseleth's Fury with all his might. The blade of the mighty axe erupted with a dark light. Black flames licked at the edge of the weapon as it was driven deep into the King's chest. The activation of his Fallen Enhancements gave him more than enough power to stop the King dead in its tracks. Oscar followed through with the attack, using his axe as a hook force the King to the ground on its back. Oscar breathed a sigh of relief and yanked his weapon out of the King before taking a big step back. If anyone needed an opening, he couldn't think of a better one than the King lying flat on his back.

"Y'all got this right?"

The King towered over all them, wielding it's spear of ouch, lightning, and party disruption. If he got hit now, this late in the fight, he would lose his aggro lead on the boss. He couldn't tell who it would go to if he lost it. Probably Oscar with his amazing damage; Baldur couldn't believe how quickly they had gone through so much of the boss's HP, but he couldn't risk letting hate fall to Mari or Cordelia. They were all buffed up with evasion food, but there was nothing to prevent one crit to lead into a string of them... Baldur had been around enough to see that happen more than once. It had happened to Hestia multiple times on his last time through the boss.

Then the creature lunged for the gaijin samurai. His steel blue eyes weighted the kings' movements, trying to time his dodge roll just right so that he could recover and counter while the boss was in a favorable position, however mid way towards wanna-be samurai, Oscar crashed into the thing, his axe exploding with fallen damage. The force of the blow and the damage was so much that it drove the king flat on its back, the smoke from the axe still hovering over its body as Baldur pressed forward.

His surprise bought the king just enough time to start the sitting up part of its animation, when Baldur drove his katana into the forgotten king's head, and then activated the sword art from there. The system ripped Baldur's arms into motion, tracing white and gold arcs of light through the air, each one bisecting the king's head and leaving the red gashes, revealing the wire frame within. He didn't have some flashy effect, but he had the energy to do this for days. Or at least another 5 or 6 times.

"Nice hit Oscar, two or three more hits from you and its done for. Mari, if you land one hit with all your dots, you'll out damage both Cord and myself."

After the sword art animation finished, Baldur was held for a moment in the post animation delay, and the king used that opportunity to stand up, flinging the gaijin back and away from him, but Baldur managed to turn it into a graceless roll and get back to his feet without any damage.

"Just a bit more..." he whispered to himself as he looked at the health bar.

ID#144946 BD: 9 (Crit)
San Ge:  22 base +1 crit = 23x15=345 Raw - 150 MIT = 195 DMG Dealt

[4] Oscar 1205/1205 HP | 45/104 EN | 22 DMG | 4 ACC | 3 EVA | 151 MIT | VAMP-DEF | SAVVY | 12 FLN | 36 BRN[BD8-10] | 48 BH
[6] Baldur 1395/1395 HP | 97/132 EN | 22/25 DMG WF/MM | 5/6 WF/MM | 5 EVA | 124 MIT | ABSLT ACC | 56 BH | 0/2 STATUS IMN | 30 THRNS 
[3] Mari 1365/1365 HP  | Energy: 87/120 | DAM: 14 | EVA 5  | MIT 43+45=88 | ACC 6
[3] Cordelia 1175/1175 HP | EN: 78/120 | 21 DMG | 45 MIT | 6 ACC | 4 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF]| 6 HLY | 2 [36] BRN

Forgotten Time King 1073/3750 | 300 DMG | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | 150 MIT

Edited by Baldur