[F4-PP] Winter wonder hell. <<Absolute Zero>>

<<Absolute Zero>>

Nothing is what it seems anymore. That phrase still rattled inside Life's head as he tried to figure out its meaning. What was that old fool even talking about? It was true since coming back from his isolation thing felt... different... maybe a little off. But it wasn't anything earth shattering. Life shrugged it off and kept moving regardless, he was looking over some housing information, seeing that there were some really enticing plots on beautiful floors he'd never seen before. But he couldn't afford something like a house, he'd been slacking off for too long. "Oh well." Life mumbled. 

"
Hey you!" A voice called from behind a window. Life turned his head, confused as to where the voice came from. Shuffling came from inside the build Life walked past, an NPC bursting through a door behind him. "You're a hero right? You've got to help us! Avalanche is tearing our town apart!" Life snorted. "I'm hardly a hero." Though he was confused as to why he was being asked to do avalanche again, not only did he clear it on his own, he had done it on five other occasions with other players just for the hell of it too. "I think you've got the wrong player here, I've defeated avalanche plenty of times." Life smiled politely and with a nod turned away. 

The NPC chased after him, pulling on his Yukata. "
Sir please, this isn't normal. He's nothing like before!" Life was about to scold the man for grabbing him, but when hearing him speak he couldn't help but respond with curiosity, considering what the old man had told him. Sighing he caved in. "Alright, give me the quest details then." The NPC's expression softened with relieve. "Thank you! Ok so.. he seems to be a lot bigger, less snow more ice." Life looked at him with a mixture of inquisition and aversion. "Ok and?" The NPC continued, it seemed to struggle with this sort of thing. "Uhm.. he's just a lot stronger... and meaner... Oh! And the temperatures reach absolute zero!Ok well then that's a bit more useful information. "Anything else?" The NPC paused, thinking hard for a moment. "Well... the cold will make it hard to move a lot. Even those who can brave the toughest conditions will struggle with the cold. Make sure you're well protected, it'll be worth your effort!

Life could tell he wouldn't get anything more out of the man but he had enough. He'd have to use his old gear for this one, and perhaps put to use that tigers rage potion. "
Very well thank you, I'll see to it." Life nodded and turned away, heading to the all too familiar location.

@Mari

Stats
Level: 30 | Health: 620 | Energy: 60 | Damage: 17 (15+2) | Evasion: 2 |  Mitigation: 48 | Acc: 2

Using Tigers Rage Potions (+2 Damage)

Spoiler

Equipped: Lunar Eclipse - Fate (+6 Damage) Knightmare cloak T2 (+36 Mit +1 EVA) Blessing of the Goddess (+1 Evasion +2 Accuracy)
All equips from: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/19029-equipment-for-life/?tab=comments#comment-599050

Inventory:
8 Healing Potions (+50HP) | Tigers Rage Potion (+2 Damage)  | Snake Venom (+4 damage over 10 turns on a crit) | Extracted Perfume (Pheremone 3) | Golemns Strength (+2 Damage) | 

Skills: 

Rank 1 Curved Sword
Rank 5 katana
Rank 3 Light Armour
Survival [Healing 30 per post out of combat]
Athletics [Boosting 20 HP, +1 Damage]

Edited by Life

Mari sat on a tree stump, hot tea in hand - and plush white blanket wrapped around her shoulders. It wasn't usually this way, Mari was rarely affected  by the cold on this floor - and normally disallowed herself such luxuries. But she was feeling particularly crappy that day. And so she decided to hell with it - she wanted those small comforts. Her cerulean eyes were focused on her HUD - another quiet day...she thought she needed it, but she hated it. The silence... the quiet. It allowed her thoughts to travel.

To times like how Hidden was so angry with her, and had stabbed her - ruthlessly throwing her into a pile of chairs. Zandra...and how much she hated her, and the rumors..the terrible rumors.  Mari shifted her gaze down into her cup.  Just who had been spreading these rumors? Who had been saying such horrid things? And how was it that people were believing them. Had Mari really been that bad?  That people believed that she was torturing others?

"Maybe it'd be better if I stopped trying." Mari said with a defeated sigh.

It felt like she had climbed so high, tried so hard - and in the end it was like no matter what she did...nothing would change.

"Perhaps I just need a distraction."

@Life

General
Level: 60 | HP: 1230  |Energy: 120

STATS

DAM: 14 | EVA 3 +1 | MIT 43 | ACC 4 +2

SKILLS
Rank 5 Weapon (+5 DMG)
-Weapon Mod: Precision (+1 ACC)
Rank 5 Charge (+5 Damage -1 ACC)
Charge Mod BULL RUSH: Successful charge stuns target 1 turn
Rank 5 Light Armor (+25 MIT)
SURVIVAL
Rank 5 Battle Healing (5% of total health rounded down start of each turn)
Familiar Mastery Expert - +1 (*Tier) Damage - +9 Damage

EQUIPPED
Name: 
Kusanagi | Item Type: Dagger | Tier 2
Enhancements: 
Bleed 2 | Damage 2
'Bleed Damage of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10'

Name: Beacon Necklace | Item Type: Pendant | Tier 2
Enhancements
  +3 ACC 

Name: 
Infernal Shadow | Item Type: Light Armour | Tier 3
Enhancements: 
 +2 Eva | +1 Flame Aura
'Effect: Prevent (6 per slot * Tier) damage per slot from successful attacks against you. Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (5 per slot * Tier) unmitigated burn damage to the attacking enemy.

Edited by Mari

Upon leaving the small town Life equipped to himself the cloak Alkor made for him long ago, the Knightmare cloak. It wasn't just merely a cloak, the gear came equipped with leather protection for his torso and legs, but the main craftsmanship was put into the cloak which surrounded him. The cloak was also made from a lighter leather that was extremely durable, attempting to cut through it was like trying to cut through malleable plate armor. The inside of the cloak was padded with wolf fur to keep the wearer warm, and around the collared hood of the cloak was also wolf pelt that was largely fluffy for the most part. Between the leather and fur layers of the cloak was ring-mail, making the entire thing rather heavy, and extremely durable.

As Life made his way through the frozen tundra, he could just spot a familiar flame just out in the distance. It would seem that Life and Mari's paths would cross once again, though it made sense considering she lived on this floor. Perhaps she preferred the silence, the isolation. Maybe she felt like she deserved to be bitten by freezing winds and storms of snow, or maybe she just liked it because she liked it. Sometimes she was an anomaly to him. 

Life pushed through the cold winds, closing in on the woman who innocently sipped her tea and cuddled with a blanket while sat on a tree stump. He found it strange she'd be outside when the inside of her house would likely be a lot more pleasant to be. "Why the long face?" He asked with his usual friendly tone before continuing. "I'm going on a quest, wanna come with?"

@Mari

Edited by Life

Mari shifted her gaze up to Life, right - he was here - and alive. "Hey." She said quietly before turning her eyes back to her drink, Mari took a sip from it and sighed as she let it go, watching it tumble to the snow - shattering as it hit the ground. "Honestly, it's not something you'd be able to help with." Mari stood and pulled the blanket away from her shoulders - depositing the warmth into her inventory with a single flourish.

Mari was going to ask him what brings him to the fourth floor, but he had answered in his offer. A quest. "I guess that'd work." Mari said as she shifted her eyes away from him, had he been the one to spread those rumours?  It was possible, very much so. But she couldn't exactly ask him outright, that wouldn't really be fair to him. Mari shook her head, trying to shift the thoughts and allegations from her head. "S-sorry there's a lot on my mind right now. Yeh. Ok. A quest." She shifted to walk forward, used to being the leader then stopped in her tracks.

Wait.

"Uh...what quest are we doing?"

@Life

Life wasn't too surprised that she refused to tell him anything that weighed on her, but it still hurt like a dagger turning in his chest. Though she probably had others to share her troubles with he still wanted to be there for her, however way he could. Life let the hood of his cloak down as she accepted his offer to go on the quest together, the duo back in action for yet another boss fight.

"No need to apologies, I get it." Life exhaled letting out a small puff of mist, he loved doing that, it was the one of the only good things about the floor. "Hm, well. Apparently avalanche, but bigger, and meaner. Called absolute zero, I don't think <<survival>> works against it from what I've gathered, so i came prepared with the cloak Alkor made for me ages ago. Also used that Tigers rage potion we got from that deforestation quest, I think a flaming sword would probably be effective against a hunk of ice." He gestured to the hilt of his katana, slight embers flickering out from where it connected to the saya. "I was just heading over to the spot avalanche usually is, made the most sense to me."

@Mari

"It's close...?" Mari asked as she stared through the treeline. "Well, I guess that's why I don't see a lot of people through here, most generally avoid the quest spawns unless they're actively hunting them. I live close by...so this time." She angled her head away from him. "This time I'll chalk it up to coincidence." She said with faint smile. She'd have to push through this - she wanted to ask him about the rumours...but she'd have to lean into it.

Life began to walk and Mari followed suit, opening up her HUD to see if there were any items that would be useful during the battle. "I've heard of it ...something about it being like a giant ice golem...at leat it isn't Avalanche..." She sighed. "I've done that quest so many times. So many." Mari fell quiet when Life mentioned Alkor...somehow, it didn't hurt. Usually when she heard his name she'd flinch, or she'd be reminded of all the hurt - and whilst yes, it did still hurt if she were to dwell on it, the mere mention of a name no longer brought that pain. "I'm glad he has a friend he can talk to."

Mari glanced to his Katana and idly thumbed her harness. "Yeh, flames would be good against it, I'll be submitting my dagger soon - going to give it bleed bleed burn burn instead of damage, since my familiar takes care of that now. Do you know anything else about the quest? I actually don't have any of the information."

@Life

He thought for a moment wondering if he had missed anything about the quest, to be honest the NPC didn't really give him much to go by. "Ha, preaching to the choir, I think I've killed that guy at least six times. As for this guy, well I guess he's just a bigger stronger version of avalanche. Apart from some environmental effects that bypasses survival i don't think there's much to think about. Though I have a feeling that a boss like this will probably end up freezing us if we're not careful. Wish there was some kind of potion or crystal that cured those kinds of things." Perhaps there was something like that and Life just wasn't aware of it. To be honest he hadn't exactly been in the loop on the latest in game discoveries being cooped up in the jungle for years, or in the loop with anything for that matter. "Submitting your dagger? Huh, that burn would have been useful for this quest if you had it. Sounds like you got things figured out, not quite sure if my whole relying on my reflexes to dodge everything strategy still pans out. Especially since I'm so rusty. Maybe I'll think of something as I clear up some more of these quests. For now though It's not like I need to think to hard about skills when I've got you teaming up with me on every boss."  He gave her a friendly smirk as they kept walking deeper into the frozen wasteland.

@Mari

"Six?" Mari shook her head in disbelief. "I think I've only done it three or four times...maybe five if you include the people who ran off on me and left me to face it alone under leveled. Ahaha..."  Mari tried...she was always trying with Life - but no matter how she looked at it, or at him. She struggled. She guessed that oppression and torture were not things to easily forget. Her eyes glanced up at his crystal then back to him. He seemed so innocent lately. She doubted anyone would know what he was like. Ever.

"Right so I should grab something that ramps up my Accuracy or Evasion then..." Mari said quietly as she opened up her HUD. "Let's see..."  She pulled out one of the bamboo shoots that Cordelia had made, and started to absently chew on it.  She listened to him as he talked about how much more useful her dagger would have been if she had submitted it before the quest. Mari shrugged. "Yeh, true - I wasn't exactly planning on taking this quest today though - you just happened to come across me, and I just happened to need the distraction."

Did she have things figured out? Mari wasn't too sure about that. "Nah. I just seem like I do." Mari offered. "Inside I'm still a right ol' mess - but I guess at least I look like I have it together."

Super Sight and Speed Dried Bamboo Shoot: 2 ACC, 1 EVA

@Life

Life supposed he'd play distraction for now, besides they both had the desire to get stronger and they worked well in that regard. Though it did seem there was something bothering her after all, she did feel like a mess despite giving the appearance that she was on a path of redemption. She had been helping inexperienced players just like he was, in fact she probably had helped more players than he did, not that it was a contest. 

"You should have more confidence in yourself Mari, you're doing well. Despite everything you've been through. Sometimes I wonder what the measure of success was anyway. For some it's to have everything they want, be the most powerful, be the most feared even. But for some people it's simply surviving until the next day, or making it through a bad winter... I guess everyone has different standards... so I guess its just by my own that I believe it." Life stopped himself before he rambled any further, he tell her 'good job; but he didn't really want to come off as patronizing. It was true that for him at least when times were tough, simply making it to the next day was enough. Back home a bad winter would mean many struggles for him and his father, the will to never give up was what separated them from the streets and their home. 

@Mari

"Actually...It's not so much that." Crap...how does she say something like this? She cleared her throat and swallowed. There was no way around it - she was known for being blunt so she may as well do what she did best. Mari drew a deep breath and asked the question. "Back when you were being malicious to me...Did you ever spread some nasty rumors about me killing people? Like relishing in their pain and sh*t? Cause that's the word going around. I literally had someone keep on talking about the joy of killing and how I love it." She shifted her eyes away. "Wouldn't listen to anything I had to say otherwise."  That's how bad it was. That's how bad she must have been. Maybe Mari's memory of the past was hazy, maybe she was gas-lighting herself. Allowing herself to believe she had no choice. It still made Mari feel sick to her stomach.

She knew bringing up what he did probably upset him, but those actions were his - he had to live with them much like she had to live with hers. She paused when she heard a rumbling sound - and from the forest line in front of them a large golem like creature, covered in ice burst forth. A icy wall of frosty wind hit both Mari and Life.

"RAAIIIIIRIAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"  

It's loud pitch scream reverberated off the icy tundra. Mari didn't hesitate she flipped her dagger around in a reverse grip and charged forward, it was difficult to see between the blasts of ice - but the large hulking figure was quite obvious to the ginger haired combatant. Mari kicked herself up off the ground and pivoted on the ball of her heel to strike the Absolute Zero over and over - it gave a startled growl as it fell to one knee - two effects appearing above its head [Stunned/Bleed] 

Mari grinned. That'd show it. 

She shifted around to behind the beast - that way if need be her and Life could attack from different angles. 

She guessed her answer would have to wait.

@Life

MARI STATS
DAM: 14 | EVA 3 +1 -2 = 2 | MIT 43 | ACC 4 +2 | HATE 1
 HP: 1230  |Energy: 109/120

ABSOLUTE ZERO: 
678/850   MIT 75 | DAM  200  +FREEZE 2  (WILL FREEZE ON NATURAL ROLLS 8-10) | ACC 3 | EVA -2

HP: 850 - MIT: 75 - DMG: 200 - Freeze: 2 (Will Freeze on Natural Rolls of 8-10) - ACC: 3 - EVA: -2

14+5=19 x 13 = 247-75= 172
ID:138940  BD:8- BLEED 2/2 Turns 24 Damage
Charge mod - Bull rush activated - Target stunned for 1 turn

Abilities:
You must roll for this boss on a separate roll.
<<Grand Slam>> : On a CD of 12, this boss will raise its arm and slam against everyone in your party, dealing damage to everyone and freezing them in place.
<<Zero Degree Weather>> : The boss radiates negative weather that forces the players to have -2 in their evasion, this cannot be avoided with Survival.

Edited by Mari

It was hard hearing Mari talk about what he had done in the past, but what confused him was her question. Was he spreading malicious rumors about her? If he was being honest with himself he couldn't be one hundred percent sure, a lot of what he thought he understood about what happened was false apparently. But if he had to answer with a yes or no he'd have to disagree, he was horrible to her, cruel, but he was a jungle hermit for two years. There'd have been no way that any rumors going around today would have any significance from his past. 

Life took a deep breath, and just as he opened his mouth Mari was charging into combat. It seemed they had traveled further into the frozen wasteland than he thought. It looked as though she had taken out all her aggression out on the boss in that one attack and it paid off. "Stunned and bleed, nice." He confirmed to himself. He knew that was his que to follow up, he'd have to capitalize on the opportunity while he could. 

The quite literally bigger and meaner version of avalanche as the information adequately put it, stumbled onto one knee leaning closer towards Life, making his job a whole lot easier. He rushed in, running up onto its frozen arm that held onto the ground for support, and used it as a pathway straight to its head. He withdrew his blade, carving a path along its arm and shoulder as he traveled upwards. He came eye level with frosty the snow freak slamming the edge of his blade into the side of its head before following up with a multitude of slashes across its face before kicking off its temple and keeping enough distance to react upon the completion of its stun duration.

He watched as its health bar dipped down, it wasn't even halfway yet. "This one seems a lot tougher than the chumps we've gone up against the last couple times huh."

@Mari STATS
DAM: 14 | EVA 3 +1 -2 = 2 | MIT 43 | ACC 4 +2 | HATE 1

Life's Stats 
Damage: 17 | Evasion: 2 -2= 0 |  Mitigation: 48 | Acc: 2

Health: 620/620 | Energy: 45/60 (-15)

ID: 138942 BD: 5+2+2=9 HIT
Sange Damage: 17*15= 255-75 = 180 Damage

ABSOLUTE ZERO:  *Stunned* *Bleed 1/2* (24 damage)
474/850   MIT 75 | DAM  200  +FREEZE 2  (WILL FREEZE ON NATURAL ROLLS 8-10) | ACC 3 | EVA -2

HP: 850 - MIT: 75 - DMG: 200 - Freeze: 2 (Will Freeze on Natural Rolls of 8-10) - ACC: 3 - EVA: -2

Abilities:
<<Grand Slam>> : On a CD of 12, this boss will raise its arm and slam against everyone in your party, dealing damage to everyone and freezing them in place.
<<Zero Degree Weather>> : The boss radiates negative weather that forces the players to have -2 in their evasion, this cannot be avoided with Survival.

Edited by Life

The Avalanche... or the beefed up version of it at least, Mari wasn't sure if it was the same beast. It certainly looked similar but she wasn't going to assume; and there was no point in really wondering. She wasn't able to charge, wasn't close enough - sides it really only worked once per enemy. She had tried activating hit twice on the one enemy once, but she didn't get the increased damage nor did she stun it.

But that was fine. She flipped her dagger around in her hand, narrowing her steeled blue gaze as the beast tried to attack but failed. As Life attacked the ice golem seemed to shake off being stunned, but it was still bleeding...somehow 

Mari briefly wondered if it bled water, and if so, could one technically drink that water? Or would it be bloody like the Stygian river.

She spun around and around, gracefully pivoting on the ball of her heel as she became a cyclone of dagger-y strikes. Successfully chipping away at its health.

"Yeh...well..." Mari said between breaths as she took a step back, regaining her composure. "It is made of ice. That sh*t's hard to crack."

@Life

MARI
DAM: 14 | EVA 3 +1 -2 = 2 | MIT 43 | ACC 4 +2 | HATE 2

Life's Stats 
Damage: 17 | Evasion: 2 -2= 0 |  Mitigation: 48 | Acc: 2

Health: 620/620 | Energy: 45/60 (-15)

ID: 138982  BD: 2+6=hit
Eternal Cyclone  14 x 13 = 182 - 75 = 107

ABSOLUTE ZERO:  (Bleed 1/2)
367/850   MIT 75 | DAM  200  +FREEZE 2  (WILL FREEZE ON NATURAL ROLLS 8-10) | ACC 3 | EVA -2

HP: 850 - MIT: 75 - DMG: 200 - Freeze: 2 (Will Freeze on Natural Rolls of 8-10) - ACC: 3 - EVA: -2

Abilities:
<<Grand Slam>> : On a CD of 12, this boss will raise its arm and slam against everyone in your party, dealing damage to everyone and freezing them in place.

Edited by Mari

Mari continued with her usual output of damage with eternal cyclone sword art, watching as the once resilient boss now having its health quickly dropping into the yellow. Looks like its back to me then Life sheathed his blade to prepare for Iai, he wouldn't let it have a chance to do anything to them, he wasn't the type to risk it when others lives were on the line. His eyes darted over its body as it slowly began to move again, letting out a chilling howl from its icy maw. The sound was similar to vicious winds that blew inside a hollow ice cave during a blizzard. 

It lifted its icicle of an arm up in an attempt to slam them both. "Sorry sir, you don't get to play today." Life smirked as he rushed underneath its forearm, allowing his blade to erupt from his saya and cut into its hand. The force was enough to simultaneously cut open half of its hand and send its arm crashing into its own face, staggering the snow cone back and having to use its other arm to brace for support so it wouldn't topple over. If he were a lame protagonist he'd probably yell 'switch' right now.

"All you Mari."

@Mari
DAM: 14 | EVA 3 +1 -2 = 2 | MIT 43 | ACC 4 +2 | HATE 2

Life's Stats 
Damage: 17 | Evasion: 2 -2= 0 |  Mitigation: 48 | Acc: 2

Health: 620/620 | Energy: 46/60 (-15+1)

ID: 138989 BD: 7+4= hit.
Iai: 17x11 = 187- 75 = 112 stun

ABSOLUTE ZERO:  (Bleed 0/2) *Stunned*
231/850   MIT 75 | DAM  200  +FREEZE 2  (WILL FREEZE ON NATURAL ROLLS 8-10) | ACC 3 | EVA -2

Abilities:

Edited by Life

Mari couldn't help but notice Life changing up his attack pattern - she would have questioned it, if she hadn't received her answer straight away. He had managed to stun the large beast - right. He was much lower in levels, he was probably worried about being hit...although she had the most hate. He probably knew about some sort of AoE the giant ice golem had. Mari didn't care. Mari was just gonna smash.

Or...well... stab at least. Mari sighed as she glanced down at her dagger. She didn't really have the option of switching around her skills, because even her strongest Sword Art...with a charged attack...didn't do as much damage as others. She sighed. Her and her ways...

Mari charged again, seeing as the large golem was stunned she used that to her advantage, she leapt up onto its arm and ran up it, she almost slipped but managed to use the momentum of her fall to grab onto its upper arm and swing herself right back up onto his shoulder - slashing at it's body the entire time.  Bleed appeared above its head.

Mari shouted down at Life; now standing on the Absolute Zero's shoulder. "Hurry up and finish this, its cold up here!"

@Life

MARI: DAM: 14 | EVA 3 +1 -2 = 2 | MIT 43 | ACC 4 +2 | HATE 3
 HP: 1230  |Energy: 87/120

Life's Stats 

Health: 620/620 | Energy: 45/60 (-15)

ID: 138993 BD: 8 + 6- HIT  BLEED ACTIVATED
Eternal Cyclone 14 x 13 = 182 - 75 = 107

ABSOLUTE ZERO:  (Bleed 2/2) *Stunned*
124/850   MIT 75 | DAM  200  +FREEZE 2  (WILL FREEZE ON NATURAL ROLLS 8-10) | ACC 3 | EVA -2

Abilities:

Edited by Mari

Seemed Mari was eager to finish the boss off, running up to its shoulder and aggressively stabbing into it multiple times. There was something unsettling about watching someone with a dagger stabbing something over and over. As bosses health dropped into the red, another hollow wail echo'd through the tundra. It was not going down without a fight. Life sprang into action, realizing that he couldn't allow it to make its never move or they'd both be in trouble. The boss stabilized and swung its mass of ice of an arm out at Life, causing him to dodge backwards and fall into a pit of snow. "Ugh, this landscape is so fickle." He groaned as he tried to pull himself back up. 

The boss reached up over at its shoulder while he struggled to get up, grabbing at the small player on its shoulder and squeezing Mari tightly causing a hefty chunk of damage. The boss lifted his arm with the player still in its grasp and threw her into a frozen lake, causing her to skid over the frozen waters and tumble. It let out another cry of anger as its health ticked from the bleed damage, shards of ice falling off of its body as if it were beginning to melt down and crumble. Just one more attack would put an end to this.

@Mari: DAM: 14 | EVA 3 +1 -2 = 2 | MIT 43 | ACC 4 +2 | HATE 3
 HP: 1073/1230 (200-43=157 damage)  |Energy: 87/120

Life's Stats 
Damage: 17 | Evasion: 2 -2= 0 |  Mitigation: 48 | Acc: 2 HATE 2

Health: 620/620 | Energy: 45/60 (-2+1) 

Life ID: 139006  BD: 1 booo
Absolute Zero ID: 139010 MD: 8-2=6 HIT

ABSOLUTE ZERO:  (Bleed 1/2) 
100/850   MIT 75 | DAM  200  +FREEZE 2  (WILL FREEZE ON NATURAL ROLLS 8-10) | ACC 3 | EVA -2

Abilities:

Edited by Life

Why was she always the one being tossed around like a rag doll? Mari groaned as she pushed herself up, it felt like she had the wind knocked out of her, but beyond that....there was no real damage. Hell, a quick glance at her HP showed that she still had over a thousand. She guessed leveling up a bunch had its perks. Life had somehow missed the big brute, but that was fine. Mari would finish this off. She flipped the dagger into a reverse grip, once again activating her eternal cyclone move. With a few quick and deadly slashes to the golems...icy ankles he gave a warbled groan and fell flat to the ground - shattering into pixelated data.

"Huh..." Mari bent down to pick up a strange item. "Looks like I got some sort of special frosty weapon thing. Lessie.. a Zero Degree Icicle...it has freeze and accuracy - I don't really want it,guess I"ll just pop it somewhere for show" Mari gestured toward his outfit. "You get one too. You have this whole blue aesthetic going for ya. Think you'll use it?"  

At least the storm of ice and wind had settled now that the golem was dead. Mari rubbed her arms to bring warmth back to them as she waited on his reply.

He had probably forgotten about the question she had asked him earlier, and perhaps, that was for the best.

@Life

Zero Degree Icicle (T2 Rare Weapon of Choice) - Freeze / Accuracy - Permanent weapon

MARI  - DAM: 14 | EVA 3 +1 -2 = 2 | MIT 43 | ACC 4 +2 | HATE 2
 HP: 1073/1230  |Energy: 76/120

Life's Stats 

Health: 620/620 | Energy: 46/60 (-15+1)

ID:139014  BD: 4 + 6=Success
Eternal Cyclone 14 x 13 = 182 - 75 = 107

ABSOLUTE ZERO:  (Bleed 0/2) *Stunned*
0/850   MIT 75 | DAM  200  +FREEZE 2  (WILL FREEZE ON NATURAL ROLLS 8-10) | ACC 3 | EVA -2

Abilities:

Edited by Mari

It was a little embarrassing that Mari ended up picking up after his fail but that was alright, it was what having a party was about, someone to help when you need it. Life considered the usefulness of such a weapon, it'd completely gut his damage, but the utility of freezing something could be useful. "Hmm, probably not unless freezing a mob was necessary. Don't think I'd like my damage gutted though." Life closed his eyes as he added it into his inventory and picked himself up from the snow pit. "That went pretty well considering how tough it was. I wonder if there will be more bosses like that, stronger versions of past enemies I mean." 

Life wiped some snow off of his gear before looking back up to Mari with a slight sigh. "As for you question earlier... I understand why you think I'd be the one spreading rumors. Consider that I was a jungle hermit for two years and that should probably be alibi enough." As morbid as it sounded he was trying to convince her to love killing, not random players. "Keep in mind that not everyone is going to be understanding about orange crystals. It's probably less rumors and more disdain for PK status, if that makes sense."

@Mari

"Wield a dagger, then tell me about gutted damage." Mari quipped. The small weapon had its many downfalls, but where it shined was how she could just keep on going she consumed less energy than others - but her regen was still an issue. Maybe she should invest in some sort of skill like battle healing but for her energy instead.  Life asked her if there were other bosses like that. "I know of one more - its like a beefed up version of the Guardian of Fire - Gatekeeper of Fire. I did that recently with Baldur, Mac, and Cord." Mari said casually as she started to push off flakes of snow from her outfit. 

"No, its rumors." Mari interjected, sounding annoyed. He tried to play it off completely, and that didn't sit right with her. "I'm not a f**king idiot." She muttered as she crossed her arms. "I know people aren't  going to like Pkers;  that doesn't bother me - but when someone threatens me demanding why I killed people I hadn't, and starts detailing all these horrendous acts that I've apparently done - yeh. I'm gonna be f**king upset. Sorry I assumed it was the ass who was trying to convince me to enjoy murder." Mari sighed and shook her head. "If you say you didn't then fine, but don't try to belittle sh*t when you don't know anything, after all you said it yourself. You've been a hermit for two years."

@Life

Life sighed as she began to blow up at him again, this time it felt a little out of place considering he really didn't do anything wrong. But he understood why she felt it was deserved, maybe he wasn't being sensitive enough. He thought saying less about it would have been better to avoid any pain, but maybe it came across as too dismissive. "You're right Mari, I can't know anything if you don't actually tell me what's been happening. I already said I understood why you'd think it was me, I wasn't calling you an idiot for it. It just seemed more likely that if these rumors didn't come from someone that actually knew about the things you did then it'd more likely that people were just being assholes about your PK status in general. If that seems unreasonable or unlikely I'm not going to refute it." Life frowned and rubbed the back of his head not really sure where he was supposed to go from here. It sure was hard trying to be friends with someone who resented you.

"Look... Mari.. I'm not trying to belittle anything I did to you. I just don't want to keep opening old wounds for you by talking about the past. The reason I left for two years was mostly because of it." 

"I literally just did try to tell you." Mari said between clenched teeth. She turned away from him. "Maybe...maybe this was a bad idea." She paused, and realized she probably should elaborate, lest he get any ideas. "I mean..I shouldn't have come out with you today. I just..needed a distraction. It wasn't nice hearing those things. It wasn't nice to have someone so very convinced that I was a merciless and bloodthirsty murderer who loved what I did." Mari wrapped her arms around herself and drew in a deep breath. "I don't.... I don't hate you or anything. It's just - it's really hard." She doubted he'd understand. 

Mari lowered her head. Maybe she should have kept things bottled up like always. Maybe it'd have been better not to question it, and to just continue to shoulder it all on her own. Like always. That was the best way, right? Another small demure shake of her head
. "Sorry. I'll go." She said quietly as she picked up her portion of the loot and shuffled past him. Her chest felt tight - it ached with the weight of everything. The past, everything he had done to her - his malicious smile, the way his tongue felt as it dragged across her face - the laughter. 

The way Zandra had looked at her with utter fear; and how no matter what Mari said, she could not convince her that she wasn't an insane person. Because...maybe Mari was insane. Maybe she was just teetering on the edge of sanity. Maybe she hadn't done anything to deserve good things. She wanted to, she really really wanted to try and make things work with Life. Because she valued what little friendship they had in the past before he did a complete 180 on her.  It was perhaps her fault, for not being able to get over everything so easily. She didn't want to take it out on him anymore.

So instead of lashing out further, Mari left.

@Life