[PP|04]Dragon Hunter Yuki! pt. 4 <<DHA4: Diamond Hatchling>> ft. Life

<The Diamond Hatchling>

Vertigo kicked in when the teleportation color stopped. The lull of the cold brought her back to reality quickly. Yuki's bright smile shined almost as brightly as the clear sheet of snow that paved the road. She turned to her companion, Life, and laughed.

"It's beautiful! I love the winter so much! You know, I thought about putting my house here on this floor, but I didn't think I could stand the infinite winter. That's why I decided on floor 22 instead. Winter comes and goes and it stays nice and cool in the summer just like home." She reminisced but didn't seem upset at all, in fact, she seemed pretty content. "I wonder how long I'll spend in my home here. We're a fourth of the way through the game now, so at this rate it could take quite some time, hunh?"

She said already leading the way to the next dragon, looking back to make sure that Life was following her.

@Life

Using a Yui's Grace(3 left)

Spoiler

General
Level: 12 | HP:  240 | Energy: 24 Hate: 1/3/4(M/H/C)

Stats
DMG: 2 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 27+15(From Potion) | ACC: 0 | Thorns: 18 | Regen: 5

Skills
R1 OHAS, Fighting Spirit, Concentration

Equipment(In use)
Regal Cuirass(Heavy Armor): 1MIT, 2 Thorns
Aegis(Shield): 2MIT, 1 Regen
White Spear - Lux(OHAS): 2 Bleed, 1 Taunt

Equipment(Standby)
Silver Serpent Ring: +2 LD
Covetous Gold Serpent Ring: +1 LD

Consumables
2xStarter Healing Potions(50HP)
The Matriarch's Stinger DMG 1
Woodland Armor: MIT 1 (2/3) < Using to increase MIT by (15 * Player Tier)
Oyakodon with Miso - LD 2

Edited by Zajcica

Ugh, floor four, AGAIN! Life sighed with annoyance as he passed into the cold tundra that was floor four. It seemed Yuki was rather excited about it though... making at least one of them happy about it. For him at least his dislike stemmed from being on it so many times, killing avalanche, soso many times, and the constant cold... Well the cold wasn't too bad ever since he got the survival skill. Though he hadn't spent too much time here compared to the jungles on floor eight. "I guess it isn't too bad. Ever since i got the survival skill it just makes me feel a little numb. Which is preferable." 

Life followed her towards the location of the next dragon as she talked. "Right, two years in and only a quarter of the way done.Seems like we'll be stuck here for quite some time. Maybe I should look into getting a house for myself, doubt I'll have the col for it though." 

@Zajcica

Stats

Spoiler

Stats
Level: 31 | Health: 640 | Energy: 62 | Damage: 15 | Evasion: 3 | Accuracy: 3 | Mitigation: 12 |

Equipped: Lunar Eclipse - Fate (+6 Damage) Unmei No Uragiri (Accuracy +3) Yami Tenno Yukata (+3 Evasion)
All equips from: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/19029-equipment-for-life/?tab=comments#comment-599050

Inventory:
8 Healing Potions (+50HP) | Snake Venom (+4 damage over 10 turns on a crit) | Extracted Perfume (Pheremone 3) | Golemns Strength (+2 Damage) | 

Skills: 

• Rank 1 Curved Sword
  • Rank 5 katana
  • Rank 3 Light Armour
  • Survival [Healing 30 per post out of combat]
  • Athletics [Boosting 20 HP, +1 Damage]

(Using Yui's Grace 3 left)

Edited by Life

Yuki smiled at him, she seemed to be enjoying herself more than she had on any other of the floors. The girl was beaming with life as they walked through the snow towards their destination. She walked backwards as he mentioned getting his own house.

"It's great. I've never lived on my own. Even up to my 20th birthday, I've lived with my parents. I've been kind of reluctant to live on my own because I'm just scared of being alone. All that worrying stuff, ya know? It's different in Aincrad. I can't just get mugged around here or something. I'm strong and can protect myself here, but I'm pretty frail in the real world." Yuki thought about how things probably were in the real world. "I must basically be a tooth pick by now from atrophy. I wonder if I'll even be able to stand."

The girl spun back forward and lead the charge, walking tall as she could, which was still pretty short. "A weird thing to think about. Maybe I shouldn't dwell on it." She laughed awkwardly.

@Life

Life smirked, it seemed despite his visual dislike for the floor she was still rather cheery about it. Oh well guess that was it on that topic. It was good to see her happy like this, her smile was almost infectious. 

Then came her following statements... They weren't great to think about to say the least. The idea of both of them withering away always made him squeamish. Life looked down at his own body, clenching his hands into fists, tensing his body to feel his abs and body muscles. He sighed. "Yeah... well. This is how my body would have looked like before coming here. Lean, athletic... Something you'd expect from a farmer boy that spent most of his days heavy lifting, plowing for hours with the water buffalo... even longer for harvesting by hand with a sickle... Threshing them to separate the grains. Yeah.. I'm probably a stick by now too. All my muscles have probably shrunk. Doubt I'd be very useful to my father.."

He gave a lopsided frown before recomposing himself. "Well, all the more reason to hurry towards this next quest huh."

@Zajcica

Yuki laughed happily after Life's comment about him being a twig. She knew he would probably be back to full health when they got out within a few weeks, or well, maybe a month. He'd be one of those boys pushing people off him when they try to make him sit down because he hasn't fully recovered.

"You won't be held down long, I'm sure. You'll be back in the fields in a month or two I'm sure. I think it'll take me at least 3 to recuperate since my body is on synthetic hormone treatment. I wonder if I'm even getting that medicine I need. I'm sure my parents are making sure that my medical needs are being met." Yuki turned to give him another smile, the glare of the snow seemed to make her teeth shine even brighter. She perked up at his mention of getting this quest finished. "Y-Yeah! We get stronger, we clear the bosses and everyone is free to live their actual lives again! That's what I want to see."

The girl continued her lead. It wouldn't be much longer before they found themselves face to face with their fourth dragon.

@Life

It seemed a little strange to Life that she spoke about this topic with such optimism and a smile. This kind of topic usually bothered him and kept him up at night, but it wasn't like he was about to dump all of hiss issues on her now.

"Yeah.. Well It might take a bit longer than three months if I'm being honest with you. We'll have to relearn how to walk, gradually go back onto solid foods. I don't think they'd be giving you hormonal treatment while under these conditions if I'm being honest. Once we do get strong enough to eat and walk we'll still have to get our strength back and do half a year of exercise to regain the same lung capacity that we used to have. But the hardest part will be the mental and emotional recovery and regaining educational skills, we lost a lot of time and we'll be an outcasted group of people who'll have to fight to find our place back in society. For some of the people here it could take years of rehabilitation. But best not think about that too hard."

Life sighed as they came towards the next dragon. "Sorry little one, your time has come again for another group of players to slay you." 

Life grabbed onto his katana as he charged forward, judging by the last few dragons he'd know this attack wouldn't be enough to kill it, however it'd be close enough. The broker said it could freeze players, so as long as he avoided the breath attack they should be fine. The dragon looked smugly with aggression as Life charged in, and charged right back at him, rather unexpectedly. It sunk its claws into his left arm before Life swatted him away and let his sword art follow with a multitude of strikes, leaving it wide open for Yuki to follow up. It's health bar already dropped into the red 

ID# 138941
BD: 6+3-1=8 Hit
MD:7-3+2=6 Hit

San Ge Damage: 15*15 = 225

Life Lvl31: Health: 577/640(75-12=63) | Energy: 47/62(-15)| Damage: 15 | Evasion: 3 | Accuracy: 3 | Mitigation: 12 |
@Zajcica

Icefyre - the Diamond Hatchling: HP: 75/250 (225-50=175) - MIT: 50 - ACC: 2 - EVA: 1 - DMG: 75

Abilities: <<Tiny Ice Breath>> : On a roll of 9 - 10 (naturally), this boss will breath ice on your character and immediately be frozen in place for a turn removing your evasion properties.

Edited by Life

The paladin frowned a bit. It was clear that she knew there would be a lot more effort in rehabilitation than just a few weeks, or perhaps Life just hadn't caught on to the fact that she was just playing a bit of jest to make him feel better on the topic. It was a bit obvious that this was a topic he didn't like talking about too much. Most likely because of his father, but from what she knew, Life's father would probably just love to see his son again. 

Life rushed ahead of Yuki as the dragon spawned. "M-matte!" She said, but Life was already into battle. She wanted to go first so she could take the hit for him. It wasn't going to kill him with a single or anything, obviously, but if Yuki didn't take the hits for her friends, what use was she? "Let me take the hits Life!" She called out as she brandished her lance to the dragon.

A bright pink light surrounded her lance and she jabbed it into the dragon's shoulder. Her damage was minuscule compared to Life's, but of course, that wasn't her job. She would be able to do more damage in the future. Now was the time to hold her defenses up, though, since the dragon would surely go for her.

@LifeLvl31: Health: 577/640(75-12=63) | Energy: 62/62 | Damage: 15 | Evasion: 3 | Accuracy: 3 | Mitigation: 12 | H: 1
@Zajcica
 Lvl12: Health: 240/240  | Energy: 22/24 -2 | Damage: 2 | Evasion: 0 | Accuracy: 0 | Mitigation: 42 | H: 3

Icefyre - the Diamond Hatchling: HP: 74/250 (2x2=4) - MIT: 50 - ACC: 2 - EVA: 1 - DMG: 75

image.thumb.png.07913293291f2ec90f33e83857ffa27f.png

Abilities: <<Tiny Ice Breath>> : On a roll of 9 - 10 (naturally), this boss will breath ice on your character and immediately be frozen in place for a turn removing your evasion properties.

Edited by Zajcica

Life figured she'd be upset about him taking the lead but at this point he was more concerned about just getting the job done. Besides there was no reason for her to risk her own life when she wasn't as tanky as him yet. She'd get there eventually but not right now, but for some reason he felt as though he should probably give her a chance to prove herself, after all the dragons so far have been tough on her and embarrassed her pride. Maybe if he let her handle one of the bosses attacks she'll feel better about herself. "Alright then, I'll let it come for you this time." 

Life stepped back as Yuki took the lead, the dragon now more excited with power at the sight of the weaker player. It ate Yukis attack like it was nothing, standing its ground as her lance pierced through its scales as it opened its maw to charge a frosty attack. Life's eyes widened realising he had made a mistake and rushed back in with his katana at the ready. But he wasn't quick enough, a second later and a beam of frost erupted from the tiny dragon and froze yukis entire lower body and half of her upper body. 

A second after that and the dragon was no more, a follow up of strikes causing it to cease existing just like the other dragons Life had dispatched. He sighed and returned his blade, frowning at looking over at Yukis frozen body. "You can't seem to catch a break can you." He smirked and ruffled her hair, knowing she couldn't retaliate. "Give it a minute and the freeze will break on its own."

ID: 138989  BD: 7+3-1=9  
MD: 10

San Ge Damage: 15*15 = 225

@LifeLvl31: Health: 577/640(75-12=63) | Energy: 32/62(-15) | Damage: 15 | Evasion: 3 | Accuracy: 3 | Mitigation: 12 | H: 1
@Zajcica
 *FROZEN* Lvl12: Health: 205/240  (77-42=35)| Energy: 22/24 | Damage: 2 | Evasion: 0 | Accuracy: 0 | Mitigation: 42 | H: 3

Icefyre - the Diamond Hatchling: HP: 0/250 (2x2=4) - MIT: 50 - ACC: 2 - EVA: 1 - DMG: 75

Edited by Life

Her lance was embedded into the dragon's scales, stuck. There wasn't much time to react to the dragon's breath attack at all. It froze everything below her neck, leaving her completely frozen in place in a awkward pose that she took trying to free her lance from the dragon. When Life ruffled up her hair, her expression seemed to be close to another crying fit, but then she burst out in laughter.

"Hahaha! The young girl smiled at her friend. "I really can't cut a break, can I? This is leagues better than the fire breath, though. Maybe this solidifies the fact that I was meant to be a punching bag for others to get there work done. Just imagine if you got hit with this, the dragon could of beat me or you up freely if you had gotten froze." The pink haired girl laughed again. The ice began to crack soon, and then shattered into pieces around her. She fell to the snow on her back and stretched her muscles out.

"I was meant to take the hits, so you continue to let me make sure nothing like that happens to you and nothing can stop us." The big grin plastered upon her face once more as she sat up and collected her equipment out of the snow.

@Life

It didn't look as though anything was going to get in the way of Yuki's good mood now. Which was impressive considering she was a popsicle. Life smiled to match hers, it was nice being able to be positive about the game for once, leveling with Yuki was nice. "There we go. That's the Yuki I met initially. I'd say we should keep going but it looks like its getting dark. Let's continue the quest chain tomorrow." Life looked down at the HUD's clock, if it weren't so dark all the time on floor four it'd have been obvious that it was already nine in the evening. "Hmm lets head toward snow frost. Can probably get a tavern for the night if you don't have somewhere to be." 

He smirked and began walking towards the settlement. It was funny despite being to this floor numerous times he had only been to its main town once before. 

@Zajcica

Yuki stood to her feet and dusted the snow off her armor. Staying at an inn for the night would be a great idea. After grinding for literally hours on quests relating only to dragons, I nap would be just what they needed. Plus, Yuki was feeling a bit worn out anyway. She followed behind Life until she caught up to his side.

"I agree. I think we've both probably had a pretty emotional day and could use some rest." Yuki's face got a little red as she remember just how much she was embarrassed in front of Life today, especially with revealing her secret. "I'm sorry if I can be a handful sometimes. Like I said, I've been quite the emotional person since I started my leveling in Aincrad. You and Mari have been helping me a lot though. I'm glad to have you both as friends." Yuki smiled to Life brightly.

@Life

Life smirked and shook his head as they continued to walk. "It's fine. I think you stepped in at a great time for me. I still have a lot to do and it can get pretty tiresome to do everything alone. I've been a solo player for a while now, that that I always was, but that's just kind of how things had to turn out in the end." 

Life wondered how Mari would react to him becoming friends with one of her little students. Maybe freak out and question his motives. Yeah that seemed about right. They continued to walk until reaching the Inn at the town. Life didn't waste any time changing into something more comfortable upon reaching the safe zone. He wore a cotton shirt and light, grey, sweatpants. Though draped in a black cloak made from wolf fur to keep him warmer before walking inside. 

He approached the Inn keeper and asked about accommodation. "One room for two people if that's fine." He turned to Yuki to make sure she was ok with that. "Hope you don't mind, just figured it'd be cheaper this way." He turned back to the Innkeeper. "Also can I get something to eat."

@Zajcica

I can't have too much of kimono Astolfo. Or any Astolfo : AstolfoWhen Life decided it was a good time to change into his common attire, Yuki thought it would be a good time to do so as well. She unequipped all her items and weapons and replaced them with her common clothing. Life donned a simple shirt and some sweatpants and Yuki was doing the same, but she figured she should pull out something warmer for this floor. Instead of a sweatshirt and pants, she donned a pink, fluffy kimono, like the one she had at home. It was decorated in a white floral pattern and really accentuated her feminine figure more than her armor could do her justice.

When Life asked if she was fine with sharing a room, she nodded with a slight blush and a smile. "I would be fine with that, yeah." Yuki took the keys to the room and held on to them for Life. "I can go open the room and you can get the food and bring it up. Meet me up there in room..." She looked down at the number on the chain. "2!" She finished her sentence flashing a two with her fingers and started walking towards the stairs.

@Life