[PP F1] Feed Me Seymour <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>

Spoiler

<<Secret Medicine Of The Forest>>

This quest takes place on Floor 1
This quest is not repeatable

Little_Nepent.png

On the first floor, the player is given a quest that introduces them to 'Field Bosses'. The quest states that a small village is in need of a medicine, <Little Nepent's Ovule>, which is dropped by a special variant of the mob, Nepent. The players who partake in the quest must slay normal Nepents until a 'Variant Nepent' spawns. The Nepents spawn in the wooded area on floor 1.

The nepents stand at around a meter and a half tall. Its lower body consists mostly of countless roots that it uses to move around. It has two arm-like vines with pointed leaves attached to either side of its body, just above the roots. The center of its head holds a wide red mouth with viscous liquids dribbling out of it as it opens and shuts.

The variant has a red bulb on top of it's 'head' which reveals to be a giant red flower. Or it's decorated with fruit. Either way, it's the same as its counterpart in shape, size, and strength.

Completion Requirements:

- 20 Posts Minimum.
-Must defeat 2 Nepents per player.
- Nepent Variant must be defeated.

Nepent Information:

HP: 7
Mitigation: 0
Damage: 3

2 Nepents spawn for each player in the participating party.

Nepent Variant Information:
Nepent Variant is a Quest Boss and has the following statistics:

HP: 15
Mitigation: 5
Damage: 10
Nepent Variant ignores armor mitigation on a natural roll of 10

Drops the quest item <Nepent's Ovule> on an LD roll of 12 or higher, failure will have you fight the normal Nepents again until another Variant spawns. This loot roll must be separate from the attack roll that defeats it. Failure to find the <Nepent's Ovule> will result in the players having to fight the Normal Nepents again, to draw out an additional Variant Nepent.

Rewards:

2 Skill Points

(Parties or Groups of low-level players are advised.)
Recommended Level: 5

The order did not matter. Not in the slightest. After running into the beautiful Eowyn, she realized that the quests could be done in any order, the only thing that mattered was that they got done. All that mattered was all those delicious skill points waiting to be gathered.

This is what Rosary set out to do. 

It was near sunset when Val left the Town of Beginning, and made her way to where the giant fly traps lived. Nepents were akin to that damned Audrey II, except there were little ones too, and they didn’t talk and they could move. It was a very disturbing scene all together. This was perhaps why Rose had forgone completing this quest. She could not handle the thought of the creepy plant monsters. Still, she figured she was leveled enough to make quick work of the damned things before she had a chance to think upon what she was doing. 

Still she found herself frozen at the crossroads of the path that would lead her to the quest she planned to embark upon. “Come on damn it,” she cursed, “It’s not a big [censored] deal... we go in, we get out and we’re done. Stop being a little bitch, Val.” Whenever the woman was distressed, she tended to self deprecate in order for her to get her [censored] together and move. More often than not this terrible coping mechanism worked. 

Today, however.....

Rosary uses 1 Yui's Grace which will give her +1 additional SP 

Spoiler

Rosary Stats

LV: 7

HP: 140

EN: 14

DMG: 2

MIT: 27

ACC: 3

EVA: 2

Equipment and Consumables

EQUIPPED

La Espina (Shield) +2 MIT (+18)  +1 THORNS (9)

La Madre Rosario (trinket) +3 ACC

El Corazon (light armor) +1 MIT (+9)    +2 EVA

BATTLE READY

La Andenza Apoyo (trinket) +3 LD

Skills

1HSS Rank One

Concentration

@Seul

Wow, this lady has issues. 

The woman who blocked the road ahead was clearly distressed, but Seul couldn’t discern why. Usually when he encountered strange women mumbling out in the wilderness it was best to just not make eye contact. However curiosity would get the better of him this day. 

“Uh, excuse me.” He said after approaching from behind.

Speaking up now wasn’t so much to get her attention as it was to get her to move out the way. Though he would never admit to that being so, of course. In truth Seul was not a particularly busy man anymore. When the opportunity to pass her arose he stopped. The materials he sought to scavenge and line his coffers with were going to be there regardless of when he actually arrived. But even if they weren’t, this new venture could prove to be far more lucrative anyway.

“You seem troubled.”

Spoiler

Stats

1065 HP

102 Energy

14 Base Damage

126 Mitigation

53 Battle Healing

24 Holy Blessing

27 Thorns

6 Heavy Momentum

6 Recovery

1 Accuracy

-1 Evasion

Equipment

Gratitude (THSS).......... // +6 Damage | +1 Accuracy

Confession (Heavy Armor).. // +6 Heavy Momentum | +27 Thorns

Remorse(Light Armor)...... // +24 Holy Blessing | +6 Recovery

Skills

Two-Handed Straight Sword.| Rank 5

Heavy Armor...............| Rank 5

Battle Healing............| Rank 5

Search & Detect...........| Rank 1

Picking...................| No Ranks

Extra Skills

Providence(Protector).....| Rank 3

Meditation................| No Ranks (Inactive)

Concentration.............| No Ranks

Survival..................| No Ranks

Skill Mods

Stonewall

Dismantling

Inventory

Woodland Armor - 2 Charges Left

Basic Teleport Crystal - x1

Banner of Support - 3 Charges Left

Generic Armor MK.9 (Light Armor) - +3 Evasion

As Valerie stood there muttering to herself like a downright crazy person, someone approached and asked if she was alright. Rosary startled and spun about to face the speaker coming face to face with someone that had she otherwise given a moment’s thought about, would have run the other way. But she was perplexed enough as it were that she did not take notice of the approaching player’s status. This might prove an unforeseen problem for Valerie. 

Hopefully not. 

“Oh... hello..” she spoke nervously. “Troubled?A bit I suppose. Umm... have you seen those Audrey II plant monsters in that glen over there?” Val pointed off in the direction where the Nepent spawn. “I’ve got to kill them you see, and well... they freak me out! Like a lot, but I need the skill points and I need the practice so I was trying to talk myself into going, but that obviously wasn’t going very well...” While she spouted her little tirade she gestured and sighed several times as she was rather put on by the whole thing.

“Sorry... I’m babbling .... and I’m blocking the road,” she shook her head and took a step out of the way.  

@Seul