[PP-F5] Coliseum of Sands <BotS>

Butcher of the Sands

A flash of blue light was emitted as she entered the fifth floor and a shadow set upon the sand. This shadow was a figure, cloaked in black with an orange crystal spiraling above her own head. An unseen look of disgust rested upon her face as she looked at the scene before her. 

"I hate this floor" the player would grumble as she stepped off the platform. She had put off coming to this floor, but the time had come to finish the Butcher of the Sands quest. It would be easy, but also give her a decent amount of experience. She was quite far off managing to grandmaster Hide, but once she did it would improve her battle performance by a high amount. Increased damage, ability to evade attacks, and to hide away from the players that would bother her. 

She stepped forward, watching as the guards began to charge her with their spears. She evaded their attacks and sprinted for the exit to the town. The guards could be evaded, but they were invincible and could theoretically be infinite in number. After you attacked them or tried to attack another player enough they would spawn in seemingly hoards. Orange players also were not safe within the Safe Zones which made her vulnerable there. "Let's get to it. The quest is not going to finish itself." she stated as she ventured off into the sands. 

A floor full of sand and desolation. Nothing like the previous floor, which she adored for the snow. Life on the other hand wasn’t thrilled as much as she was over floor 4, she had the same feelings about floor 5. A sandy desert and the heat just annoyed her. If this weren’t a completely digital world she’d have probably sweat off five pounds by now.

She approached the quest area, a giant arena. She starred up at the massive structure, knowing that if she were to walk in there it was fight or die. Looking back at the quests level made her cringe. She was not even half the recommended level, so it probably wasn’t best to take on this quest just yet. Perhaps she could invite Mari to help her with it, but the only information on the quest was that you beat it or it beats you.

”This is a pretty terrifying quest, hunh...?” She mumbled to herself, staring at the arena and then back to the quest. It was probably time to turn back, she could comeback with ample levels and prep time.

@Hidden

Spoiler

General
Level: 15 | HP:  300+30Energy: 30 Hate: 1/3/4(M/H/C)

Stats
DMG: 3 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 0 | Thorns: 18 | Regen: 5

Skills
R2 OHAS, R1 Heavy Armor, Fighting Spirit, Concentration

Equipment(In use)
Regal Cuirass(Heavy Armor): 1MIT, 2 Thorns
Aegis(Shield): 2MIT, 1 Regen
White Spear - Lux(OHAS): 2 Bleed, 1 Taunt

Consumables
2xStarter Healing Potions(50HP)
The Matriarch's Stinger DMG 1
Woodland Armor: MIT 1 (2/3) 
Oyakodon with Miso - Overhealth 2 <Using

Edited by Zajcica

The shadow emerged from the sands, quickly scaling the wall to the coliseum. She peered over its edge for a moment, looking at the surroundings of the battlefield. It was rather small, but for a one on one battle it was almost too perfect. It would be a great spot for player duels if it wasn't for the boss fight. She looked down from her perch, shaking her head at herself from refusing to use the main gate. Her refusal came from the fact that it was easily trapped and with her Acrobatics skill it was quite fun to scale random objects. She dropped down into the battlefield, a menu popping up in front of her asking if she wished to accept the quest. Without hesitation, she pressed the blue button. 

A loud crash was heard as the entrance door slammed closed, preventing her escape. She walked slowly towards the middle of the arena, finding the boss to appear in a flash of blue light. The lizardman gave her a fearsome hiss before brandishing a half-glaive and crouching down as if preparing to strike. "Let's make this quick. I hate this floor"she said non-chalantly as her dagger fell into her hand. The white demonic dagger beginning to gleam with an orange light. 

Spoiler

Stats

Hidden
Level 44
[0] Hidden | 900/900 HP | 88/88 EN | 15 DMG | 61 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 8 Holy
HP
86 Energy
4 Accuracy
2 Evasion
15 Base Damage
61 Mitigation
+1 Stealth Rating
+8 Holy DMG

Gear
<<Nato's Might>> // +8 Holy, 1 ACC, 2 DMG
<<Shadow of Dusk>> // +36 Mit, +1 EVA
<<Shadow's Light>> // +3 ACC
              <<Umbra>> // +6 DMG

Buffs

• Tiger's Rage: +2 DMG

Battle Ready Inventory

• Teleport Crystal
  • 3x T2 HP Potions

Skills

Dagger | Rank 5: +5 DMG
Hide | Rank 1: +1 Stealth Rating
Light Armor | Rank 5: +18 Mitigation                               
E Familiar - DMG | Rank 3 +6 DMG
E Survival | No Ranks: Immunity to Environmental Effects
Disguise | +1 EVA til next turn - 5 Turn Cooldown

Skill Mods

Athletics ~ +20 HP, +1 DMG
Precision ~ +1 ACC

Acrobatics ~ +1 EVA

Yuki turned to walk out of the arena, but she was stopped by the slamming of the arena door. She was absolutely sure that she had hit deny on the message when it asked her if she wanted to accept the quest. Was she in here alone with the boss now?! That thing will murder her!!

She turned around to inspect the area, hiding behind a pillar before the boss got a chance to see her and opened her menu. [censored]! She couldn't use her messages! There was no calling for help now. Around the corner, she peered upon the giant lizard with it's massive glaive. It was terrifying, even compared to the white tiger she'd just dealt with with Hidden. Sitting in a corner would only prolong her time here. It was either fight or die.

The pink paladin rushed into the arena and yelled out to the lizard, "Alright lizard, lets get this over wi-!" She started before noticing Hidden on the other side of the monster. "Y-You?! What are you doing here?!" Yuki yelled to her makeshift ally, pretty relieved to find out she wasn't alone.

Another simple easy quest needed for her to complete it. How many hits would this one take? Two, three at most? It couldn't do any damage to her so she would definitely be fine. There was no danger at all. The scaly monster in front of her took a step towards her. The creature brandished its wicked looking weapon as it licked the outer of its mouth. Unphased Hidden prepared to strike when movement behind the boss caught her attention. A familiar voice was heard and she knew who it was almost immediately. 

"Y-You?! What are you doing here?!"

Hidden frowned. "What are you doing here? Do you enjoy getting yourself into danger" She rolled to dodge an incoming strike that kicked up the sand that it struck instead of her. She backed up to Yuki. Now there was a problem, this boss couldn't take her on but if it attacked Yuki.... there was now a time limit. "This boss doesn't care about hate and ignores mitigation. Be careful" 

She wasn't sure why, but she was actually worried for Yuki. Perhaps it was the value of a human life, or maybe it was just her trying to protect the light that was willingly embracing her. The Lizard charged after them and Hidden moved forward to meet it. She had to try to keep it away from Yuki. An orange hue surrounded her dagger as she hacked away at her opponent but it wouldn't stop. It was headed straight for the pink paladin. The boss attacked straight and true, phasing through her armor and attacking her directly. Enraged, Hidden jumped on the creature's back and used her small amount of body weight to pull the boss away from her. "Your opponent is me!" The creature hissed and grew in size, throwing her off of its back. "YUKI! Get away from it!" 

138996 BD:4+4
DMG: 15*13=195-20=175 DMG

139998 LD:20 -> Yuki
MD:6 -> 100 DMG

[0] Hidden | 900/900 HP | 78/88 EN | 15 DMG | 61 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 8 Holy
[0] @Zajcica | HP:  230/330 Energy: 30/30

<<Sando Setsu>> 157/350 | 20  30 MIT | 100  150 DMG [-18 Thorns]

• At 175 HP, MIT becomes 30 and DMG becomes 150
  • Ignores MIT, Block, and Evasion
  • On a natural roll of 10 he will spin with his weapon at maximum reach hitting everyone in the fight. He will gain 10 hp per person hit.

Yuki was sent rolling through the sand. It's weapon completely phased through her shield and her armor. I huge red mark mocking a cut across her digital body sent a sting of fear down Yuki's neck. Although she could feel the pain as directly, she still winced and coughed from the force of the attack. It was true that she wouldn't be able to do any damage to it, though, she could still fight. If ignored Hate, that only meant that they needed to combine as much damage as possible to destroy it before it killed them.

Yuki rose from the sand and her lance glowed with it's usual pink aura. "You said it yourself! Cowering won't get me anywhere! If this thing ignores hate, it'll hit me no matter what I do, I have to do something other than just roll over and accept it! With a loud battle cry, Yuki lunged forward with weapon glowing bright. If she could just land an attack on it, she would stun it long enough for Hidden to finish it. The damage didn't matter as long as she could hit it. The pink light soared towards the lizard's leg, unfortunately, it backed off and roared as loud as it could. The pink glare wore off her weapon and Yuki knew that thing would only hit her harder. She backed up a bit and readied her shield- Or, well, hopefully she could dodge it.

"K-Kuso..." The girl mumbled under her breath.

[0] @Hidden | 900/900 HP | 78/88 EN | 15 DMG | 61 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 8 Holy
[0] @Zajcica | HP:  235/330 +5 | 24/30 EN DMG: 3 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 0 | Thorns: 18 | Regen: 5

<<Sando Setsu>> 157/350 | 20  30 MIT | 100  150 DMG [-18 Thorns]

• At 175 HP, MIT becomes 30 and DMG becomes 150
  • On a natural roll of 10 he will spin with his weapon at maximum reach hitting everyone in the fight. He will gain 10 hp per person hit.
Edited by Zajcica

Scrambling up to get, she watched as Yuki didn't back away. Her eyes widened as the girl threw her own words back at her face and charged the boss. It would have been rather convincing if the spear didn't miss entirely. The monster easily backed up, dodging the strike. The lizard let out a roar, whether out of laughter or anger she didn't quite know. Gritting her teeth, she charged the monster, pushing off the ground as she sprinted towards it. Her Dagger took on an angry orange hue as if her weapon was alight with fire. Her dagger dug into the creature's back and it shattered into pixels, showering the two women in the data shards. Sighing with a smile she would turn to Yui. "I'm glad you took what I said to heart, but there is a difference between being brave and being stu-" She cut herself off. A smile would be seen through her hood. Constantly berating the player would lead her in the wrong direction. 'I almost sound like my father' she realized.  "Good job" she offered up. 

139154 BD:2+4
DMG:15*13=195-30=165. Sando Setsu defeated. 

[0] @Hidden | 900/900 HP | 78/88 EN | 15 DMG | 61 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 8 Holy
[0] @Zajcica | HP:  235/330 +5 | 24/30 EN DMG: 3 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 0 | Thorns: 18 | Regen: 5

<<Sando Setsu>> 0/350 | 20  30 MIT | 100  150 DMG [-18 Thorns]

• At 175 HP, MIT becomes 30 and DMG becomes 150

The pink haired girl took a seat in the coarse sand below her. The shock was still containing her of just how easily she could have died here. Why was she always finding herself in deathly situations like this and being saved by others? Was she not meant to be on the front lines after all? Her clumsiness would only get others killed.

Hidden approached her and started as if she was going to give her a good old Mari-talk, but it shifted to praise and she didn't know if she really deserved it. She had yet to effectively kill any field boss without nearly dying or needing help. Yuki's expression didn't really change when Hidden offered her some praise.

"I don't deserve anyone's praise until I accomplish something." The paladin said plainly. "I can't keep using the stupid excuse that I'm inexperienced. I fought dragons, giant snakes countless mobs and now whatever that thing was by leaning on the backs of other players, and I'm still nothing but a burden."

@Hidden

• 2 weeks later...

Hidden simply sighed as she heard Yuki's reply. After forcing herself to try to be nicer, that was what she received in return? The cloaked figure turned to face her pink-haired comrade and stopped in front of her. She brought her hand, pale as snow, up. She brought the hand down on the girl's head gently as if she was karate chopping the girl in two. "Baka" was the word that came from her mouth. She sighed and stated, "You'll receive praise where praise is due. Whether you think its deserved or not is not up to you." She pointed back in the direction of the town. "Are you out here fighting and becoming stronger, risking your own life to try to eventually complete your goal? Or are you a demented soul back in that starting city to afraid to step out and enjoy the breeze, carried by your own whim?" 

She suddenly laughed, confused in her own sudden willingness to just dish out encouragement like it was easy for her to come up with. With the current way this world was, the Pink haired girl would ultimately be her enemy in the long run of things. Yuki with the ideals of everyone trapped in Aincrad, and Hidden with the ideals of the individual. 

Yuki rubbed her hair back into place after she got karate chopped. She was utterly confused. It sounded like she was actually going to scold her just a second ago while they were fighting that sand demon. Her courage seemed to impress her but she was still a reckless little [censored] that almost got killed.

"B-Baka?" Yuki said completely confused. "I-I just thought I could help..." She said admittedly. "I was out here inspecting doable quests for me so I can get stronger and just as I was about to leave you started the boss fight and I got roped in.."

The girl gritted her teeth a bit. She just talked about being a burden to everyone, but she couldn't just kneel to shrewd words anymore. "I-I might be a low level player but I've made it this far already! I'll keep getting stronger and I'll help everyone! I'm no child that was too scared to leave the town of beginnings!"

@Hidden

(Sorry. I am just not doing good at writing today ): )

"No. You're just an idiot for thinking you are a just a burden. I wouldn't speak or associate with a burden. If anything, you're a pain with your optimism and good girl attitude. That's just me though, not you." 

Hidden rolled her eyes. Why was she dealing with a pain either? Was it the wish that she was someone like Yuki that had the personality to be popular and liked by others? Or was it something more of the girl had become attached to her in a parasitical type relationship where she fought for the both of them to live? Shaking her head, she would push back these thoughts and smile. "See? There is that annoying attitude of yours! Keep with it, and I am sure you will do just fine." she told the girl. While she wasn't a believer of her own words, she hoped it would fan whatever flame she had going. Hidden was sparked by a different flame. One fueled by revenge and a thirst of importance. 

Yuki was confused. There were so many people that had told her her reckless attitude was going to get her killed, while others were telling her that she needed to use that reckless mentality as sword. This game only kept getting more difficult to understand as she became a higher level. It was then she had remembered the desperate scream that Hidden gave when the monster powered up. Hidden cared much in her own way about other people, but was probably too afraid to show it. She would probably just put it under the rug for now and accept her words of praise.

"As much as I want to feel bad, I'm glad I'm still alive and was relieved to find someone else in here when the arena locked up. Thank you for destroying it quickly. I couldn't have lasted long without your help." The girl said and held out her hand to shake Hidden's.  "I'm aware you prefer to keep your friends list as minimal as possible, however, if you need a tank please don't be afraid to find me. Or, if you need anyone to talk to." Once the two had resolved the handshake, Yuki started to make her way out of the Colosseum. She hoped Hidden would follow, but she doubt that she would.

@Hidden

• 3 weeks later...

Hearing her words almost made Hidden wince. It might not have locked up if she hadn't shown up in the first place. She hoped the girl was careful not to travel that far in. As she mentioned needing a tank though, Hidden couldn't hold her laughter in. "You might just be a tad bit behind for any tank i'd need. Maybe when you get a bit... tankier?" Hidden preferred to work alone but if Yuki wanted to tank for her, well she had saved the pink haired player before right? Yuki almost owed it to her right? She could manage it! 

"Or, if you need anyone to talk to." Hidden shook her head and watched as the pink haired player began to walk off. "H-hey! What would someone like me have to talk about anyway? Its you that needs help!" She jogged after the girl to catch up. "I can tolerate you.... Nothing more so don't get cocky okay?" Hidden looked away. Yuki was like a parasite. A parasite that she had come to terms with. Besides, she was flatter than herself anyway which made her almost want to brag... but she wouldn't. 

"I'll walk you back to town. Who knows what trouble you'll find yourself in huh?" 

She smiled as she heard the girl following behind her. Glad to see she was lightening up a bit, kinda. At least compared to when they first met. A conversation on her way back would be nice to have. Hidden was a bit of Tsundere it seemed, just the thought of that made her laugh internally. The girl was warming up to the paladin in her own way, trying not to show much a feeling for her.

"Having someone to talk to isn't bad. I could talk your ear off if you wanted." The pinkette gave her a grin and laughed a little. She was leading the way this time. The main settlement on this floor was a ways away, so they would have quite a bit of time to talk actually. Hidden did choose to follow her back as an 'usher'. She was still a low level, but she wasn't a total wimp.

"You work alone, I figure you could use someone to vent to on stress. Only if you wanted to, that is." The paladin gave her a friendly smile.

@Hidden

Having someone to walk back with was rather nice. It allowed her to almost completely ignore the annoying sand that constantly pelting her in the face, getting into her boots and other places that were undesired. "Ears? Oh those? Yeah I lost those things the first time we met" she replied jokingly. She pulled her hood down farther to cover her face more from the sand. "Venting is something I don't need" That was a lie. It was just something she didn't want to do. She didn't want to show her weaknesses to anybody. Occasionally they slipped but she hoped she was getting better at holding it in. 

She turned back towards the pink-haired player and asked an opened ended question to generate some form of conversation. "What made you want to be an idol or whatever you called it? Why do you want to risk your life for a bunch of people you don't know? Or are you just another one of those who loves the idea of being the hero to this story that we are in?" She would keep it quiet if the girl answered yes to her question. She loathed people that just wanted to be a hero. 

Yuki wasn't going to let an answer like that slide. She spent life venting to a ton of people, and someone as pent up with them self as Hidden likely had weight on their chest that that really shouldn't be carrying around. Was that a boob joke?

"Bull [censored]," The girl responded. "You have things that bother you and you know it. You probably don't want to believe it, but even if your consciousness is just a digital avatar linked to your brain, you are human. I can tell I am not the person who you want to speak your mind to, at least not right now, but I urge you to do so."

The paladin's face fell a bit flat, not sad, but not really happy. That kind of question was stupid. She didn't fight for anyone but herself really. It is nice knowing that she was helping people along the way, but all that mattered to her was her friends and her family outside of the game. It was survival, or death in combat for her. This world needed to end.

"Heroes are stupid. A plaster of an idea that people see in a person to believe that they can be sheltered. I'm not different than any other player in this game any one of us could be a 'hero' by standard. To answer your question: No. However, I think there are some people that need a push to what they want, and I want to be a rally for those who are scared. I can be someone people look up to, but that won't make me a hero."

@Hidden

Yuki was obviously distasteful for her words. Was she finally becoming too much for the girl to handle? She had been relentless with the pink-haired girl in an attempt to test her limits. How much was one willing to endure for their own safety? After Yuki was done speaking it was a few seconds before Hidden replied. "I said I didn't need to vent, not that there wasn't things that bothered me. Forcing my problems on someone I hardly know isn't exactly what I like to do. I know the weight of my struggles are too heavy for me to bear alone, but they are mine and mine alone to bear." 

After she listened to Yuki's answer to her question, her face would curve into a slight smile. "Sorry it was a silly thing to ask. I figured you'd answer like that. I just wanted to compare myself and my own thoughts to the ideal person's. It is scary how far I am away from it." She wanted gain for herself, a place in the world unlike what she had in the real world. At first, Domarus had her believe that what she wanted absolute power, fear and respect from the players of Aincrad. It took months in the dark to find that wasn't what she actually wanted. She wanted a place within society that she could call her own. 

Maybe the reason she had a different goal than other players was because she didn't want this world to end. Here she had the power to control her life instead of powerlessly watching on from the sidelines as others threw her life into wack. 

Yuki looked to the side when Hidden pass off her problems like it was impossible for another person to help her even if they tried. The girl rolled her eyes and sighed. "Whatever you say, Hidden. It's hard to force something on someone who is willing to take it, or by that wording rather easy. Venting to me would be extremely easy and you would likely feel much better about it, but if you like to suffer with your problems for that long, then you can. It's all perspective and I'm not going to push you to see it my way." The girl stopped there. If she pushed any further, she might make Hidden go off the deep end. She scrolled through her menu as they walked and sent her a friend request one more time. She was determined to help people, even if she had to push some of their buttons.

"Did you just compare me to an 'ideal person'? I'm absolutely far from ideal."

"Well I may be difficult but you are annoying and pushy" Hidden stated matter of factly. She turned away, the sight of the town was now in view. Yuki had successfully been escorted. She watched as the girl opened her menu again and within a few seconds she received a friend request. Her hand hovered over the screen as she pondered for a few seconds. Taking a deep breath, she once again would click decline. "Add stubborn to the list. Do you learn anything from experience?" She wasn't going to friend anyone she couldn't trust. She wasn't even friends with her Fiance, though that was to make sure he wouldn't follow her. He would sacrifice everything for her. She refused to let anyone suffer to help her out. 

"Your destination is right there. Walking in a straight light shouldn't be too difficult for you right? The ability to walk short distances is crucial for anyone who wants to pave a way out of this game." 

She took a few faster steps to create distance in between them. "I swear if I go out now and find you on like... Floor 23 I am going to kick your ass. You're not going to change anything if you're dead, hear me?"

With those words, Hidden parted by darting off into the town, using the hiding skill to slip through the cities lacking defenses. 

Yuki pouted when Hidden again denied her friend request. She continued to walk behind Hidden as the girl picked up in speed. Her pace remained the same, letting her friend leave for now. "Hey, being pushy can be a good thing if used with good intention! Don't treat me like I child, I have reason for things I do!" She barked back, trying not to let her stealthy ally get the better of her. They were about to pass through the safe zone barrier when Hidden said her final words.

"You're starting to sound like someone who cares. Thank you for the help again, but you wont see me dead. I'm too damn stubborn to die." When Hidden was gone again, Yuki sighed and muttered under her breath. "I'm not going to die. Nothing can stop me if I keep getting stronger. My family is waiting for me on the outside this stupid game and I won't let them down..."

Spoiler

Rewards:

Sp: 3 Quest + 1 Page + 1 Event
Col: 200 per player
Yuki: Spear of the Sands: DMG 2; Bld 1