4a91f2021c3fea32e7cce16492503854.jpg
Username: Kanba
Height: 6 feet

About: I was born on October the 18th in Macon, Georgia.    My mother and father were together at the time and was expecting a strong young boy.  Little did they know they would have their hands full with what came from the womb.   This young man named Roderick was full of energy, and even had taken a liking to sports at a very early age.   That's when I even declared myself around the age of six that I would be in the professional levels someday, the NFL.  His father was driving trucks to make ends meet once the parents had separated.  Among the time that had passed I was blessed to have a little sister as well.  She was two years younger than me.   

As time passed I slowly began to find myself into anime, fighting games, and oddly enough roleplaying games.   The older I got the more I saw myself turning into a gamer who had once been on a one track course to attempting to be an professional athlete.   Then, the more I noticed that gaming was an integral part of my very own being.   There was something about being able to express yourself against another opponent through basically an avatar that you had full control of all movements.   It was an amazing time I thought since my friends took the time to introduce me to what was soon known as a community dedicated to fighting games.  

This life was a lavish one for a minute, but it cost a lot of money as well.  Something that I couldn’t afford to keep going unless I found a way to win with my talents.  Thus, the job hunt began and when I tell you it was a hell of an experience.   Just know that I mean it, but it was all for the greater good in the end.  Then, one day I decided that it was time to head to a major tournament in my home state.   This tournament was located in the heart of Georgia, Atlanta.   The city capital, the home to trap music.   

Well this was probably the most exciting moment I had ever experienced in my life.    There I was walking around the Hampton Inn Venue looking at all the contestants and spectators passing me by.   I was in awe at the large amount of fighting games there were being held in multiple ballrooms.   The rooms were all almost at full capacity with even vendors having their own alleys as well.  This place was heaven to a newbie coming into the fighting game scene.  However, from what they told me, I would enjoy Evo the World Championship even more.   There were some talks about other games from within different communities.  It would seem those that did more pc gaming were within the melty community.   They were discussing a vrmmo that they heard about coming soon.   However, they said you would need this very important piece of equipment to be able to play this game.  That equipment was known as Nervvegear.  

Shortly after my first major I met the love of my life.  We started dating, going out to places that I once thought were boring.  That really ended up being more enjoyable than I expected.  She brought a new outlook to life to my shallow perspective, all the while allowing me to remain true to who I am.   This was the life and then after a few years of dating.  It was then we tied the knot and got married.   During our first few years as newlyweds, we went through our phases, but as life progressed we began to find the true formula for our relationship.  We began to solidify our lifestyles more, and even better to provide for the children we had.  Then on one fateful day, after a tournament that was primarily anime based fighting games.   My wife was showing signs of being sick.  

Two months pass and it’s continuing to be a day to day thing.  I jokingly as I get off work tell her to get a test.   Now, we all know what I’m talking about when I mention tests.   We talked about those Positives or Negatives, but when I arrived home that day.  There were four of them laying across the bed and my wife waiting to tell me.   They were all positive saying we were having a baby on the way.  I was ecstatic and couldn’t wait to share that information with others.  After sharing the information with all my friends and close family members, we began to brainstorm the name.   We had finally settled on one...That name was Titan Dakari Gainey.  

Then, it was one long day and I was tired from one of the busiest days we had in the warehouse in some time.  It was the worst I had felt, but my wife had the idea for me to take a day off, go to a local and play to recharge myself.  At first, the idea wasn’t quite the thing for me, but I thought it couldn’t hurt to get out and vibe with the FGC boys once again.  And that’s exactly what kinda guy I am and that’s what we did…

After competing with the fellows and slowly finding myself being outmatched, but all the while showing some form of adaptation even among high level gameplay.   It seems my gaming prowess was declining, but I ran into an old friend who began talking to me about this VRMMO, and it was a name that I had heard before.   Sword Art Online was the name and he mentioned that infamous equipment, the Nervegear.  So, I began to take in consideration of trying this game out as I had been looking for something other than JRPGs and Fighting games to satiate my wandering warrior ways.   Thus, I went home after stopping by the plug.   When I say I got hooked up with that gas pack...I mean...YES!   Laid down and booted the game up immediately, and began to login...LINK START!   

Once inside the game, I was lost in this world.   It was so...refreshing.   Then, as all players seem to gravitate to the central hub for all new players.  The face and the rules that were now being added to the game had been dropped on us.    I was shocked and nearly lost my breath as I dropped down to one knee.  I was wondering why was this even happening, but my mind couldn;t place any semblance of a logical answer.  Only thing I could hope to do is come across some old friends, who dared to enter this world and had been trapped in here with me.    So, now I was separated from my family, loved ones, and even my son Titan who wasn’t even born yet...Now with the message delivered and I had no choice, but to tap into another side of me.   To harness what I often proclaimed myself on my streams as, Kanba.   The Hungry Wolf!   

Virtues:

Pride- One thing about myself I can say I’m one prideful person.  I tend to stick by all things I say and someone's that can tend to bite me in the ass.  However, being the prideful person I am I tend to make it a point to stick by my word and uphold promises.   To me my pride is what carries me forth and even pushes me now to reach the end game of Sword Art Online.

Courage- With my unyielding rage comes the courage of a hero.   Not trying to toot my own horn, but in regards to fear.  There is nothing I truly fear, outside of drowning.   That alone I’ll always find a way or look for a way to accomplish any task before me.  

Assertiveness- One of my other most known traits as once I lay eyes on something.  Then, that object, dream, or goal will be attained at any cost.   My wife says I have a rare talent, where if I say I want to get that.   It’s not even a few days later that I somehow find a way.  However, I must say I do feel like when I set my sights on a focused endgame.  That’s the focus...

Flaws:
Reckless- Being prideful, and assertive can sometimes lead to misery my friend via reckless abandonment.  I’ve been known to go a bit too hard, and do things without thinking things through.  Sometimes it leads to success and often not it leads to failure.   The small amount of times being reckless has caused me great joy, it has brought pain as well.  I dare not go into this detail a bit further...

Quick Temper- Compare my temper to the liking of a hurricane.  When I”ve reached my peak of bull that I can deal with, I tend to lose my cool.  I’ll try to reign it in before things get out of hand, but that’s sometimes a battle that was lost before it began.  I find myself lost behind the waves of emotions being poured from the very temperate storm that is me.  

Intolerant- I’ve been stuck with trying to battle with my personality for some years.   That’s when I discovered that I had no tolerance for anything that went against what I deemed true.  It’s sad to admit, but when a person who can’t seem to value or see anyone’s opinion for helpful advice, or even simply being the more correct way.  That leads to some unwanted tension among myself with others.  That’s why when intolerable comes to mind, it definitely explains why I deny anything that would be out of the norm to me to anyone else.  

Profession: (Leave blank until the Earning a Living quest has been completed.)

Skills
Non-Combat:
»

Passive:
»

Combat:
»

Weapon skills:
»2H Straight Sword
Passive
Effect: Gain +3 base damage

Inventory
Weapons/Tools:
»

Roleplays
» [solo/private/open] LinkedTitle
» [solo/private/open] LinkedTitle - in progress
(no "in progress" means its complete; "incomplete" can mean one or the other person stopped replying for a long time)

Relationships (optional)

Story Thus Far (optional)

Edited by Kanba