[PP-01] Somethin' Something' Somethin' w/ Titan

"My hair does not grow on a tree, Eito! Ow!" Solei winced, nearly losing balance on his feet before he propped himself upright again. "You're going to make me go bald!" He cried out, hugging the small boy's legs closer to his chest as the boy tugged on his hair again. 

He shouldn't have agreed to this, but how was he supposed to say no to a child's face? It was simple, right? It was supposed to be simple. The bluenette sighed. He supposed this was the only way he was going to get out without bringing the whole orphanage with him

"Awe, why? You can be the chef guy from that movie, and I'll be the rat!" Eito exclaimed, tugging on his hair again. "Now, forward, my valiant cook!" He cheered, yanking Solei's hair forward as he used his other hand to point onwards as he kicked his heel into Solei's chest, making him let out an audible wheeze.

@Titan

Titan hovered near the teleportation pad with his dominant hand on the end of his assault spear. He was insanely curious of the other floors, met people who had traversed Aincrad and left the Town of Beginnings but it wasn't something that Titan felt ready to do yet. He simply wasn't ready.

" C'mon, just go. " His words meant to aid, to convince the man that he was ready to at least peek at the second floor but he was too rational not to finish the quests on the first floor and prepare his inventory with the tools needed as a contingency plan. He felt a little deflated, a loud sigh exhaled from Titan's lips as he slumped back to town to head back to some of the quests he had still been hesitant to finish.

That was until he spotted a grey-haired fellow with a child on his shoulders beckoning the man forward as if he was a vehicle of sorts. " How much you paying for a ride? " A huff as he cocked his face to the side, a casual smile as he took in the sight with mild delight. " Looks mighty fun. "

Spoiler

Titan (Level 4) 
HP: 80 / DAMAGE: 2
EN: 8 / MIT: 0
ACC: 1 / EVA: 0

Skills:

• 1-Handed Assault Spear (Rank 1)

Equipment:

• ( R ) 1H Assault Spear ( ACC / DMG )

Inentory:

• ( 3 ) Starter Healing Potions  ( Heals 50 HP )

Solei nearly tripped over his own feet again as he took a second to turn to his side. "The only payment I can accept is one's dignity, but I don't think kids have any," he said jokingly as he shifted Eito's weight on his shoulders. 

"Ah, right. Nice to meet you, the name's Solei. Like the French word for sun but without the 'l' and stuff," he beamed, releasing one hand from Eito's ankles to give the man a handshake. "And this here. . ." He huffed, adjusting the boy on his shoulders again. "Is Eito. He's a real troublemaker," he chuckled, wincing again as the boy pulled on his blue hair. "I haven't seen you around here before. Do you live around here?" He asked quizzically, tilting his head. He had practically spend his whole entire three years here, but he doesn't think he has ever seen this guy before. Or maybe he was just forgetful. . ?

He cocked his head to the side as he flashed the man a grin. "Were you about to head to another floor?" He asked, gesturing his head over to the teleport gate. 

“ You sure it’s our dignity or yours? ” He teased back, Cheshire smile while the other seemed incredibly kind to let a small orphan boy yank at his hair for fun and entertainment. The youngins’ did need that interaction, it was impossible for the nuns who took care of them to give every single one enough time and attention all of the time, especially with how many of them there were. “ Nice to meet you, Solei. ” He extended his hand like his father taught him to, direct eye contact with an incredibly firm handshake without blinking or breaking his gaze until they both let go and Titan eased up. He spent years forced to practice his handshake, it was the very first impression others often had.

“ You too, Eito. I’m Titan and I probably was labeled a troublemaker too in my day, look how I turned out. ” He offered the kid a high five, it seemed like that would be enough to keep Eito happy. “ I actually spent a lot of time in the inn over there. Didn’t really do much, was in a bit of a funk. ” He glazed over the details as much as he possibly could. “ But, kinda just decided that we’re forced to play this game, might as well play it. Been about a week. ”

Titan sucked on his bottom lip as his eyes glanced toward the teleport gate. “ I mean… I’ve never used it before. Not sure I’m even gonna make it to the second floor and get obliterated. Kinda been eating away at me, when to head on up. ” He knew it was a lot to unload but he hadn’t seen anyone since that girl saved him in the forest and sometimes a man was simply the most dangerous with his thoughts.

"We'll save that answer for later," Solei mused, extending his hand out to grab the man's own. 

Eito nearly toppled over Solei as he leaned forward excitedly, which nearly gave the poor guy a heart attack as he scrambled to rebalance himself. "Woah, really? Nice to meet cha', mister! What kind of trouble did you get into?" He asked, a jubilant grin blooming on his face as he reached up to give Titan a high five. "Did you pull pranks or were you really bad?" He asked, his eyes widening as he leaned forward again. "Like, illegal stuff--"

"Alright, kiddo. Lay off the poor guy," Solei sniffed, his face deadpanning as he patted the kids leg. "No need to go interrogating him just yet."

He looked over to Titan with a sheepish expression. "Sorry about that. He isn't usually like this when other kids are around," the bluenette explained, letting out a tired sigh before he cracked a small smile. 

"Ah. . ." he murmured, his voice trailing off as he looked towards the gate. "I get that. There's really nothing to be worried about, though. Even if you do go, you're perfectly fine as long as you're in the safe zone. Plus, there's always a bunch of helpful players out and about if you ever do find yourself in a pickle."

“ Sounds good. ” He nodded, finishing the shake before meeting Eito’s gaze and his incredibly invasive questions. He cocked his head up to meet the kid’s gaze deciding to let the child’s mind wander for a little bit. “ Do I look like someone who does bad illegal things? ” A child’s candor was truly a gem and could tell someone quite a bit about themselves. “ No, I mostly pulled pranks and things. Nothing too serious. ” He did make sure to put the child’s mind at ease before his imagination took him to Titan being the supreme boss of some underworld mafia.

“ No worries. You seem like a good kid, Eito. But you should be nicer to Solei over here, not too many people would let kids yank their hair for fun. ” Returning his gaze back to the adventurer, his eyes following Soleil’s to the gate that was simply too daunting for Titan to want to tackle.

“ I’m only going to trust you because you have a nice green cursor. But yeah, I have a couple of other quests still to finish up here. Maybe I’ll head up when I’ve exhausted all the resources on this floor. ” His words were soothing, despite how it still made him nervous to think that everything above was simply unknown.

“ What’s the furthest you’ve climbed so far? ” Titan was nosy, Soleil didn't seem too geared or much higher than Titan but he just couldn't really tell. 

"Hitler didn't look so evil and look what he did--"

"Eito!"

"Fine, fine, dad," the young boy drawled, turning his eyes back to the prankster. "Oh, what kind of pranks? It would be super-duper awesome because I could totally use them on Solei and Hyd--" 

"We're going back to the church if you continue talking, Eito." Solei let out an exhausted sigh. Kids, am I right? He's dealt with them before SAO but God damn, none of them were like Eito. Not even his siblings could match to the chaos this tiny gremlin can cause. The boy merely huffed at the bluenette's threat, but didn't say anything else-- much to Solei's relief. "Sorry again. He's a little demon sometimes," Solei muttered, exhaling a sigh of relief at the somewhat peace and silence.

"Ah, me? Probably floor twenty-one. Don't get the wrong idea, though," he said, his face heating up a tad bit as a nervous laugh escaped him. "It was really just for gathering materials for my shop and all, I don't think I've ever even attacked anything since I've been here. I'm more of a. . . backline healer. I know those kind of people are very, uh-- rare nowadays. Healers usually tend to go split healer and damage dealer or healer and tank, but I've prefered to just be a simple. . . healer, however inefficient that would be," he mused, shaking his head as he laughed.

" Did he just equate me to Hitler? I don't know if you get an answer after that, Eito. I thought we were pals. " He gave the kid a somewhat stern look, deciding not to engage too much further with the clever kid with a mouth like fire. " I like you though, you're a spitfire. " That boy would grow up to be something incredible, he was absolutely certain.

" Please, don't apologize for him. A little inappropriate but man, I would've ended up laughing if I knew it wouldn't just goad him to continue teasing me. Funny little guy, Dad. " He prodded back too, the word Dad had been a bit surprising but he figured in due time would he learn more about what that meant exactly. 

" Twenty-One still sound impressive. Wrong idea already gotten, Solei. " His lips turned into a devilish smile, curious to learn more about this enigma that seemed to stand in front of him all flesh and bones. " I played World of Warcraft, tons of healers and tanks. In a game like this, I can't imagine not having any healers, but i'm sure it's hard to commit to considering what it means if you simply don't do enough damage. " Without a strong leader assuring people to do what was needed, he was certain they would all go dps or tank to ensure they had the best chances of surviving. 

" That's pretty admirable. Someone endlessly and positively devoted to taking care of other people. " Titan gazed towards Eito and then back at Solei, a wide-brim closed smile growing at the parallels. 

"Yeah, they certainly are in demand at the moment. . . especially on the frontlines," he sighed, rubbing his temples with his forefinger and thumb with a heavy sigh. "I really wanted to try to be at the next boss raid-- in fact, I've been planning to level up months before this but other things have been keeping me down. It's honestly fine, though. I'm sure the frontlines can make do without someone like me," he chuckled, sporting a toothy grin. 

"Yeah. A pure healer like me can't go off soloing quests and all of that jazz, so it's already a challenge. I do have a couple of friends on the frontlines, but I wouldn't like to bother them with trying to help a low-level like me when they should be preparing for more important stuff," he mumbled childishly before he shook his head quickly. "It's fine, though! That's why I opened a shop. I wanted to help them out by supplying healing supplies and debuffs."

A blush found its way to the bluenette's cheeks as he waved it off. "Aha-- it's really nothing. I've never really been a fighter, and I dealt with kids outside of SAO, so I figured that it would a job that would suit me, y'know?"

Solei sounded a lot like Titan did in certain regards. He didn’t like handouts either, the man was used to working (what he assumed was hard) to get what he wanted but never truly realized that being who he was with his father and mother, already catapulted him leaps and bounds ahead of other people. Regardless, no matter where he started, Titan did put in his dues to prove that he deserved whatever it is that he received. “ I guess I’m so far behind too in knowing what exactly a boss raid is too. I heard murmurs but, what does that even look like. Do you know? ” His eyes took in the other’s radiance, the hard curves of his jaw but the softness in his eyes. He seemed incredibly calm and genuinely like a good person. “ Well, then it sounds like we’re gonna be best buddies throughout this then. We can do it together. Tank and Healer, what can go wrong, right? ” If they could find one other person as their DPS, the triangle would be completed.

He caught it, his gaze saw as Solei’s cheeks burned with flames, even if they were only for a single minute. “ So you’re an alchemist? I’ve been debating what I wanted to do for professions. It’s either Alchemist or Cook. If you make potions, I make have to be stuck in the kitchen. I had a knack for it back at home, maybe it translated over? ”

Titan nodded in understanding. “ I sold hotel rooms to groups. I don’t think any one of us is really ready for this? But, after you get over the shock of what’s going on. I genuinely don’t think we have a choice if we’re serious about getting back to our lives. Whatever they look like now… ” His voice trailed, cutting himself off from spiraling into the what ifs of reality.

Edited by Titan

"It's a final boss fight at the end of each floor that determines whether we go up a floor or not. If I recall, the frontliners should just be finishing the labyrinth boss, and in a few months, they should be ready for floor raid boss," he shrugged, the corner of his lips twitching up into a crooked smile. "Of course, that was all just stuff I heard on the streets. I haven't left floor one in a while, so I'm not sure if any of my information is up to date."

"Woah, really?" Solei asked, a small twinkle in his eyes as he nearly lost his grip on Eito. "That's super awesome. I can do much, but I've got some unique gear that can boost some of my healing. . . so I'll try my best!"

"Oh, no I'm a performer. I figured since I already knew how to play guitar before this, it would be a better fit. . . plus, performers have better support items. . . I think." Solei hummed in thought. Of course, a cook might've been the better option for a tank, but he had recently found out that the there were almost too many cooks now. With Oscar and Cordelia dishing out consumables, it might've been a better idea to go alchemist. "Maybe alchemist? There's honestly too many cooks at the moment, if I were to recall, but you should do whatever you want to do."

"Oh wow, you sound way higher up from where I was," he exclaimed, laughing nervously as he scratched the back of his head again. "Ah. . . yeah," he mumbled, his voice trailing off. How long had it been since the game had started? It had to be years and years. He wondered how his siblings looked now. . . they must be so old now! Gah! His old heart couldn't take it.

He would hate to tell the other but honestly, Titan was in awe with how much information the other man seemed to have simply from his friends who stayed on the front lines. “ I’ll take it, I hope they stay safe and keep on keeping on. ” He felt strongly for them, especially those that have been around since the beginning fighting to have them escape. “ Crazy to think, are there some of them that have been fighting since the beginning in the front lines? That’s insane to think about. Risking their lives so many damn times to get all of us out. ”

A twinkle, a determination reignited for the sake of the two of them connecting as two points of the holy trifecta of a party. If they were serious, he was certain that they could take on the world. “ Perks of being friends with front liners, huh? What benefits you, benefits me, I suppose. ” He wasn’t even sure what Solei would or could do but perhaps they needed to try a quest or something together to see how they meld when it came to fighting.

“ Performer ? ” His face tilted; he had never heard of a performer before. “ What does that do exactly? ” He’d learn, it may take a bit long to glean as much information as he possibly could hoping that Solei didn’t mind all the damn questions. “ Ooh, huh. That is freaking cool. I probably will do alchemist honestly. I’ll throw potions your way if you’re looking a little exhausted. ” So that settled that, then. He would do his profession quest next.

“ This game is the best equalizer. We’re all the same now, some of us even further behind but, there’s a chance to climb and that’s all that matters to me. ” His eyes burned with a passion and ambition; he had been ready to grind mobs now for experience if they hadn’t been with Eito. “ So, what level one quest haven’t you done yet? Maybe we can spend some time with Eito and head out to get one under our belts. Whatdya say? ”