[E3/PP/F1] Bloom

Quest: Secret Medicine of the Forest

They had promised each other yesterday that they would begin climbing and Titan was feeling fairly determined to start their ascension sooner rather than later. Besides, if Solei hadn't had someone to help him climb, it'd take him forever since he didn't really do combat too much. It'd make things a bit more difficult honestly since even Titan could barely get things done on his own but he knew that it'd be a lot more fun doing this with Solei than by handling it all by himself.

Titan opened up his friends list and clicked on the man's name to send him a quick message. 

TITAN: so remember when you said we'd level together? i'm standing in front of the Secret Medicine of the Forest NPC.
TITAN: i expect to see you here in 5 minutes or less...

He got fairly lucky and saw her the other day and read through what the quest needed, it'd be easy enough for them to both do. For now, all Titan could do was keep his eyes peeled for easter eggs and wait for his friend to show up. Spotting a cluster of them, he picked them up and placed them in his inventory while he waited. 

@Solei

TITAN'S INVENTORY

Spoiler

Titan (Level 6) 
HP: 120 / DAMAGE: 3
EN: 12 / MIT: 9
ACC: 1 / EVA: 0

Skills:

• 1-Handed Assault Spear (Rank 2)

Equipment:

• ( R ) 1H Assault Spear ( ACC / DMG )
  • ( U ) Leather Armor ( Armor - MIT )

Inventory:

• ( 3 ) Starter Healing Potions  ( Heals 50 HP )
  • ( 1 ) Tier One Damage Potion ( +1 Damage ) ( Consumed )

EASTER EGG:

Spoiler

ID# 141020 | Craft: 8 & Loot: 6
Eggs Acquired: 5 | Total: 5

Edited by Titan

Solei rubbed his eyes tiredly just as a yawn escaped his mouth. "Alright, kiddos. Time for breakfast-- no, I'm not going to carry you on my back today Emi. No, Eito, get off the chandelier. . !" 

The boy grumbled under his breath as he slapped a hand over his face, slowly dragging it down as he let out a tired sigh. "It's too early for this. I'm too young to for this," he whispered, blinking his eyes rapidly as he walked into the central room of the church. 

The bluenette sniffed, yawning again just as a dull ring rang through the air. Who in their right mind would message him now. He squinted, opening his menu groggily. It honestly took him a few tries to comprehend the words laid out in front of him. 

Forest? Level? Five minutes?

Solei spewed out his metaphorical water. Five minutes? Five minutes? The man nervously starting jogging in place nervously. If he woke everyone up and made sure they all ate and then made sure they were all there and then made sure. . . that would take. . . He counted his fingers. Five hours?! How does that even make sense?! 

"U-uh, hold down the fort for me Andromeda! I'll be back real quick!" He exclaimed abruptly, dashing out the doors of the church with his pajamas still on. Oh, fuuu-- I was always bad at sprinting. Come on, long legs! What are you even good for?! 

Like a hamster on crack, the exhausted, overworked, lamppost of a player rounded the corner like a total badass, only to face plant right at the feet of his friend's shoes-- but hey, at least he rushed to put on his gear while he was making his totally badass Olympic sprint. "I-I am here!" He wheezed, only to inhale a mouthful of dirt and grass.

Spoiler

LVL: 9 | HP: 180/180 | EN: 18/18 | 1 EVA | 1 KEEN | 1 LF MEND

INVENTORY:

☀ Ambulance Charm: 1 KEEN, +1 EVA, +1 LIFE MEND

BATTLE READY:

CONSUMED:
N/A

SKILLS:

☀ R2 First Aid

Time seemed to tick along while Titan wanted for a response from Solei. Nothing came at all, perhaps Solei hadn’t been as seriously as he seemed to level up and head on over to the front line with the rest of his friends. The man, himself, had been serious now that he decided to do so and so he was slightly bummed. It didn’t hurt that Solei had a kind smile and was also a healer, that was life sometimes. Especially as a father, the man had a son to take care of. Perhaps it’d be Eito that would one day save the day and level up to be the real hero Aincrad had been looking for.

Spotting another easter egg cluster, Titan quickly picked it up before slotting it in his inventory before a mad rustling of grass and sharp exhales could be heard and it was getting a lot louder too. In the distance, a blur of a man seemed to be sprinting to the tiny village who seemed to be in need of medicine. “ Dude, you could’ve just messaged me back, dummy. ” Titan couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle, checking the time and he in fact did make it back in five minutes. Very impressive.

“ It seems like we need to kill something called a Nepent until a Variant Nepent appears? I’m not really sure but I brought a couple of potions, just in case. ”  Titan invited Solei into a party before accepting the quest from the lady who stood there and shared it with Solei. “ I guess just stand and heal? But… I don’t see any of thing called a Nepent nearby. ”

EASTER EGGS

Spoiler

ID# 141243 | Craft: 5 & Loot: 20
Eggs Acquired: 3 | Total: 8

Edited by Titan

Solei shot up, spitting our the remnants of dirt and grass in his mouth before he flashed Titan a sheepish grin. "Sorry, I rushed here when I got the message. I didn't trust myself to message back and still be on time," he mumbled, sighing to himself with amusement. 

"Oh, that quest, huh?" He hummed, scratching his chin. "I-I'll try my best. Though, I doubt that they're even going to scratch you anyway, you're a tank after all." He sighed. Being a healer was tougher than he thought it would be, and honestly, it was because of other people's levels. It wasn't a bad thing that people were low-leveled, no, no, but his heals are based off the amount of health said person has. . . and, well, if they have only have a hundred and he only heals a measly percentage, how was he going to be a good healer?

"I dunno. They should be coming soon, I think."

How the man got so much dirt in his mouth while he was running was absolutely confusing to Titan, did he crawl through the mud or something? Once it seemed like Solei finished off regaining his composure, the blonde player could not help but laugh. “ You’re one funny guy, Solei. ” Slapping him on the back with a considerable amount of pressure.

“ I figure it’s a good way to learn about floor bosses? Might as well complete as many quests as we can on level one before we head up a floor. ” A glance over to Solei seemed to have the man a bit nervous, almost as if he stuck in thought. “ Always better to be safe than sorry. I brought this too from my first quest. Figured this would be as good as time as ever to use it. ” Opening his inventory before pulling out the DAMAGE POTION, chugging it quick and seeing a small pop-up with a boost to his damage for a specified amount of time.

As he closed the pop-up box, their very first nepent appeared and honestly, they were pretty scary looking. Only about a foot shorter than Titan, the tank couldn’t help but blink a few times at how creepy they were with those big teeth and huge lips. “ Well, have my back ya? ” He winked at Solei before dashing off, his spear unsheathed and held tight in his dominant hand as he activated < PIERCE > while his blade began to glow a vibrant blue color with another announcement saying < CRIT ACTIVATED >. Learning what that meant, Titan lowered his center of gravity, took the time to set up a lunge and shoved his spear right into the chest of the Nepent who shattered into blue pixels in one swift movement. 

Surprised and ecstatic, Titan turned around to Solei, giving him a massive thumbs up. " Told you, we'll be in the front lines in no time. "

( TITAN CONSUMES A (T1) DAMAGE POTION TO INCREASE HIS DAMAGE TO 4 FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE THREAD. )

Wild Nepent #1 Spawn

Spoiler
A Wild Nepent Has Appeared! (#1)
Health Points: 0/7 HP ( -10 HP ) Damage: 3 

Titan's Stats

Spoiler

Titan (Level 6) 

Health Points: 120 / 120 ( -0 HP Damage: 3 ( +1 )
Energy: 10 / 12 ( -2 ) MIT: 1
ACC: 1 EVA: 0 

( + 1 DAMAGE from T1 DAMAGE POTION )

Dice Roll ( +1 to BD Roll with +1 ACC )

Spoiler

image.png.b685a2b793604aa8628f9c495307021c.png

Edited by Titan

"I'm glad that you find my pain and suffering funny," he said sarcastically as he rolled his his head before he spat out another mouthful of dirt. The man had barely began to smile before a heavy amount of force impacted his back. 

"Oof."

Solei gave the man a thumbs up as he stuck out his tongue. "That's a solid plan. Man, you're already better at this than I am," he sighed, his shoulders drooping for a second. "I can't plan ahead for the life of me," he mumbled, intertwining his hands together behind his back. 

The bluenette cocked his head before giving him a reassuring grin. "You're not going to need my help, but I'll definitely watch it!" He exclaimed enthusiastically, watching the blond race off into combat. He wondered if he was ever going to get a rush of adrenaline like that, but his mind was probably going to combust before he were to hit anything-- both figuratively and literally. 

"Maybe you will, but I still have a dozen kids," he snickered.

“ Come on, you know it’s funny. At least a little bit. ” He gave the other a quick look, making sure he knew that this was all a very playful energy. “ I wouldn’t say better. I just had it and put two and two together, especially if you’re not one for combat. I need all the help I can get. It might just take us a little bit to get through this. ” He would never force Solei to do something he didn’t want to do, that would be against who Titan was as a person and if simply wanted to heal, so be it. It meant that Titan would never die (hopefully) and that was more than enough for Titan.

“ Yeah, yeah. You’re the youngest dad of 12 that I’ve ever seen. ”

Combat had already started, the man finished one and saw the second Nepent already sprout up with a attack but this enemy seemed to be a bit  smarter than the last, it show it’s vines at Titan and forced three quick hits against the man who winced slightly at the pain. His armor seemed to tank one of the hints, slowly beginning to understand the need and want for Mitigation armor.

Wild Nepent #2 Spawn

Spoiler
A Wild Nepent Has Appeared! (#2)
Health Points: 7/7 HP ( -0 HP ) Damage: 3 

Titan's Stats

Spoiler

Titan (Level 6) 

Health Points: 119 / 120 ( - 1 HP Damage: 3 ( +1 )
Energy: 9 / 12 ( +1, -2 ) MIT: 1
ACC: 1 EVA: 0 

( + 1 DAMAGE from T1 DAMAGE POTION )

Dice Roll ( +1 to BD Roll with +1 ACC )

Spoiler

image.png.ab0b6c595c8c59b0c97ab6c988a15dfc.png

Edited by Titan