[PP|01]<<Earning a Living>> P-Potions?

Shye was walking around on the first floor. The town of beginnings was as busy as always. They had been stuck in the game for nearly three years and she still hadn't explored the entirety of the town, which was amazing considering the fact that she has never left the safe zone once. The new area she wondered was littered with shops and businesses taking up everything. Nothing like the other side of town where she normally stayed.

Her walk was interrupted by a voice, an old lady. She mentioned that Chelsea should learn how to brew potions. Something she didn't really understand, but the woman was pretty persuasive. When they were done talking, her HUD had updated with a quest. And now there was a quest marking her to leave the safe zone. She couldn't do that... She had no idea how to play this game. She would die to monsters instantly!

"What do I do now? Is staying in this town really what I should be doing?" The player pondered aloud, so anyone near by could have heard her.

"H-hey Fou....Don't run off!" Jinx ran forwards as her Familiar turned back to face her, and the girl pouted. Her familiar was restless, and had been acting up. So naturally, Jinx had let her out of the house...and she ahd basically ran off. So Jinx chased her, and so the game began. It ended up, of all places, on the first floor! Jinx had put all of her equipment away, wearing just a plain white shirt, black pants and shoes, chasing after her white-coated familiar. 

Fou turned a corner sharply, and Jinx did the same...Issue: Fou is small and could run through Shyes' legs without incident. Jinx could not, and basically crashed into the other girl before she even noticed she was there! Jinx hit the ground, and let out a soft whining noise as she looked for...a person! Oh god she'd just run over someone! They were gunna be soooo angry and..

"A..ah, i'm so sorry!" Jinx scrambled to her feet, partly using the wall to get up, and offered her hand to the red-haired girl she'd basically bodyslammed "I..i didn't mean...I was chasing Fou...a-and she turned and...Oh please forgive me" Jinx bowed her head very quickly to the stranger. She'd basically slammed into them, how rude! Did she had anything she could give the girl...? Food, money..? How was she meant to act..Ohh why did she leave the house today, she'd already made someone hate her again...

Shye whined as her back side slammed into the concrete, she fixed her renegade skirt immediately before anyone got a look at her delicates and rubbed her back end. The pain was dulled from the Cardinal's pain dampener at least. She turned around to see the tiny familiar standing it behind her. It was ready to run again but was stopped by Chelsea's grab before it could make a get away.

"Hey, you shouldn't run away from your owner like that. If you got lost, you would be worrying her to death." Chelsea told the little familiar, holding her out to the other player. "She seems like a skittish one."

Once the familiar was back into the hands of their owner, Chelsea stood up and offered the other player a hand. "Hi, I'm Chelsea, or you can call me Shye. Sorry for bumping into you like that. Are you alright? Nothing hurting at all? What's your name?"

Fou made an odd-chirping sound as she was caught and handed back to Jinx, the familiar clambering up the small girl like a climbing frame before perching herself onto Jinx's left shoulder, and settling down, almost napping.

Jinx smiled warmly at the other girl, she didn't seem annoyed, or angry. She'd even spoken nicely to Fou. That's all it took for Jinx to start liking this girl, to be nice to a familiar, was always a good sign in her books.

"Me..? My name is Alisea Dariem..A-although, my in game name is Jinx" The girl replies softly, shifting a little in place as she smiled askwardly "O-oh, don't worry about hurting me. We can't get hurt in towns like this, a-and besides, i'm pretty hard to take down...I'm a tank after all" The girl had been studying her build a lot of late, and while she wasn't sure where she planned to go, she did know her role. Raise the shield, keep those around her alive. She took the time to look over the other girl but...Much like her, she wasn't waring any clear armour. Perhaps, she was a weaker player...? Or someone who just prefered their own clothes when it wasn't needed to carry armour? 

Chelsea was already instantly embarrassed when she realized this player was a much higher level than her. She had never even left the town beginnings, so she wasn't even level two. To be fair though, she didn't know how to safely collect experience to level up. 

"Actually, I haven't gained a single level yet... I actually don't even know how to level up in the first place." She admitted to the much more experienced player, wondering what kind of backlash she was going to get from her. "Um...I accidentally got sucked into the game years ago when I decided to calibrate the helmet thing for my older brother and I couldn't figure out how to log out of the system. Now I'm stuck here and I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I know that I should just stay in the area of town because the monsters can't come here, but I've been wondering if I should try to learn how to play so I can help everyone, including myself, get out of here."

Jinx, in part, doubted her own hearing. Chelsea wasn't even level two...? In a way, it made sense. After all, she herself had taken a long time to even leave the town, yet alone becomes as strong as she was. And her guild were the ones who had helped her get this far in of itself. Without them, she herself might have been just like the girl in front of her. 

Jinx smiled warmly at Chelsea. Part of her wanted to hug the girl...but, they'd only just met. That's weird to hug someone, right...? She couldn't remember. "I see, so you got snared in here trying to help your brother...Well, if you'd like, i'd be happy to help you Chelsea. You see...I, i was just like you too. I didn't leave the town, n-not until someone was nice to me and guided me. They, made me strong. If you'd let me...I want...i want to help you, like he helped me"

Jinx opened up her inventory, and wanting the girl to have faith in her, equiped all of her armour. The girl went from being dressed in rather casual clothes to coated in heavy armour, shield attached to her arm and extra padding over her chest piece, which seemed to almost glow with fire. Fou, the girls familiar, cuddled up on the shoulder-piece, which was modified to allow her familiar to rest there. Jinx smiled warmly, despite not having a weapon on her.

"S-see Chelsea...? If you want to leave the town, i'll be by your side the entire time"

Chelsea opened up her HUD, obviously struggling to scroll though the menu and turned the screen over to her new companion. It was no lie to other player the Shye was an utter noob, as on her screen it read that was indeed level one. The red head pointed to her quest log, showing the only quest there and it was currently active.

"I, uh got this in my menu earlier. What does it mean?" She asked, genuinely unsure of what she needed to do with that. "The lady approached me and offer to teach me how to make potions with materials. Now I've got this in my menu. What do I do with it from here?" She asked closing her menu. She didn't have much of a set of equipment like the other girl did, but she did start with a dagger.

She grabbed the weapon from her storage and showed it to the other woman. It was nothing but a thin acupuncture needle. "This is my weapon. Nothing really special about it."

Jinx watched the girl struggle with her menu, and in those moments, Jinx knew she HAD to help Chelsea. She reminded her, of, well, her. Stryder had spent hours teaching her to use her menu, where to access and how to use it properly. She'd...well, she'd be in her position if not for his kindness. Jinx looked at the quest, and recognised it quickly. The Earning a Living questline, one she herself was meant to be doing...and had forgotten when Fou entered her life.

"Well, it's like this..." the girl started speaking, but...well. She was speaking in French, the girl not realizing she'd, once again, swapped langauges by mistake "The game has professions, and you can make things to help others by completing the quest. See, yours is for the Alchemist, which is like...a potion master" The girl opened up her own menu, and showed her own quest. While jinx had about 8 quests, she highlighted her own. It had the same title, mostly, just with the word 'Cook' instead.

"See? Now, to begin, you just follow the instructions...See i dunno how your quest works, so..if you bring it back up, i can lead you to where you need to go"

If Chelsea informed Jinx she'd been speaking in a language she didn't understand, the shielder would pout slightly, swapping back to Enligsh "O-ho, sorry, i...I sometimes forget which language i'm speaking in...anyway.." And would repeat herself, this time in Enligsh and a bit slower, trying to make an active effort into remembering to use the right language for her friend. 

Shye was completely overwhelmed when the girl started speaking in French, a language she knew absolutely nothing about. Although, it wasn't until she finished her entire description that Chelsea spoke up. She didn't want to be rude by interrupting her mid-sentence.

"I-I'm sorry. I don't speak, French. I guess when you say, 'pardon my French' you mean it pretty literally." Chelsea laughed at her own joke, but paid attention the the girl's explanation of navigating her menu. It would take some experimenting but she would get used to it sooner or later with time. When they were finished with it, Shye closed the menu and looked at her armor clad companion.

"I would be honored if you would join me on this thread. Again, I have no idea what I am doing, so I appreciate everything you are doing for me." Chelsea navigated the menu and tried to find out how she could send the other girl a party invite/friend request.

Jinx let out a sigh, how could she not focus! Languages were her gift, one of the few thigns she could do without thought...although, that might not always be a good thing as she'd managed to explain it all..In French. Of course she did. 

"Yeahhhh, i sorta...have a way with languages and sometimes i get distracetd...and forget what one to use.." The tank glanced at her feet before Chelsea asked her to join, and Jinx smiled warmly "It's my pleasure...After all, i want to help everyone, a-and you're part of it" With fluent movements, Jinx opened up her menu and sent a party request to Chelsea, an action she'd done a million times before to the point where she didn't have to think about it.

"So we'll need to find the starting point for your quest. It's probably an npc store, it-it'll be on your minimap which is about...here...?" The girl pointed to where she'd assume it would be on her friends Hud. "I'm afraid...well, i have to follow you to find it. Once we do, i promise, i'll lead you every step of the way. After all, i'm your friend, we gotta look after one another right?"

Chelsea grinned, accepting the friend request followed by the party request. She could now see another green health bar underneath her own name with the name Jinx attached to it. It was weird to use these gamer names though, so hoped that her tank friend would be fine her calling her by her name. When she mentioned that they should find the shop, She stopped her there.

"I've already been there and talked with the lady in her shop. She said she would need more materials before she could show me how to make them though, so that's what I'm assuming I have to do now, right? If I remember correctly, materials can only be collected outside of a town, so we'll have to go where monster's are to collect materials for her. Is that all right?" She asked as she led the way to the cursor that had appeared on her map.

"O-oh, i didn't realize all you had left was getting the materials. Well, that'll make it easier..." Jinx started walking with Chelsea. It was, odd. This girl was in the same place as her, and now...well, it was almost like talking to a more competent version of her younger self. Scared, but wanting. A friend had stood by her side, and shown her how she could push forwards. Go past her limits. Was it now her job to show this to Chelsea? 

jinx nodded her head "Correct, we'd have to leave the town. But i promise, not a single monster will hurt you. They shouldn't mess with us, not unless we try and mess with them. And even if they do, well. I've got an ability called Howl. Long story short, it'll force any monsters nearby to attack me. Meaning i'll keep you safe Chelsea, and that's a promise" 

Jinx looked up, they were near the edge of the town. She turned to her friend. For her, this might be scary. Leaving the town properly. It had scared Alisea a lot....She just hoped she could convince her friend she'd be ok. 

Chelsea led the way out into the fields of Floor 1. Mobs ran around everywhere, free as animals in the forest of the real world. This floor seemed like a rather serene place, but the red head had never ventured out of the safe zone until now. She had no visible weapon, at least that's what it seemed like to Jinx, so she stuck close to her tank partner. Needless to say the other girl would protect her if she stayed near.

"If something does attack us and you take damage. I can heal you, I think. I have a skill for it, but I've never used it before." The girl looked around for these material things while they talked. She didn't really know what they looked like, but they couldn't be that hard to find, right?

There was nothing in this particular area. She was sure that if they saw something that she was supposed to pick up Jinx would have said something to her.

image.thumb.png.3010a1875fed0f11ebd77406bc549bc2.png

Spoiler

Fail; 0/5 materials

Edited by Shye

Alisea listened to Chelsea make her offer. She had, a healing abliity? At level 1?! The girl was trying to make this game harder for herself? Taking a healing ability instead of a raw combat ability, was just...well. It was clear that Chelsea wasn't much of a gamer. Poor thing, being pulled into a world she had no interest in. 

"The healing ability is nice but...well, my advice would be to get some combat stats in your favour. Even if it is something as basic as enhancing your armour" Jinx took a look around, but nothing seemed to be paying too much attention to Chelsea. Jinx glanced at Fou, her familiar still napping away "If we do get involved through, well, i won't stop you. I've got a lot of healing, you see, i had my guild-leader help me select my skills. I've got enhanced armour and healing, plus little Fou here can heal me during battle when i need it" The girl smiled warmly at Chelsea, trying to help the other girl for a potential rough future "It's good, to want to help others. But you need to ensure, you yourself, is safe" 

Chelsea followed closely next to Alisea. She didn't want to get caught out by an monsters and attacked without her partner getting in between them. From the looks of it, nothing would bug them as long as they kept their distance. The smile was returned to the pink-haired tank and took a moment to look for the materials that she needed to make the potion for the quest. Unfortunately nothing turned up at this moment.

"En-Enhancement? Man I feel like a big dummy when it comes to this stuff. It makes me want to go back to the Town and just let more experienced players handle the game..." She said timidly, looking down at her feet with am upset frown. "I'm not really sure I should be doing this, but it has been two years now and I have no idea what to do anymore. Sitting around waiting for the others to complete the game feels... cowardly."

image.thumb.png.d73c56da4a1db48a4478dbc23282c69a.png

fail

Edited by Shye

Alisea nodded her head at the girl, before it clicked. Chelsea wasn't a gamer, and hadn't done what she herself had done. Alisea had spent a solid...year? studying the menu and the abilities within it. It meant when she did start getting levels, she knew what she wanted and how it would help her. Clearly Chelsea hadn't thought like that when she'd put her first level into healing. 

"Sorry, i'll try explain better. But, y-you shouldn't be discouraged. Even if you're not conquering the floors, y-you could be like me. I try and help other people, h-help keep them safe and slowly power up. I'm not in the boss rooms, i'm not even able to get close to them. But i do what i can, even...even if it won't matter in the scale of things"

It did hurt to admit in a way, that overall, everything she'd done over the past 3 years did nothing to truly. But, still... "It's not cowardsly to want to live, trust me. I know. I selected tank abilities to ensure, i'd never die...Despite standing up for the others, at heart. I'm scared"

Chelsea gave the other girl a warm smile. She was sure that she had done enough to help others in the past, and look now, she was helping her. That was absolutely worth commending.

"You know, Alisea, you're a much more courageous person than I could hope to be." She patted the other girl's shoulder and continued to smile. "I only just got enough courage to leave the stupid city. You've been helping people survive, including me right now. You should be proud of that and I should learn from your example. I'll do my best to level up and help whoever I can reach high enough levels to help us all get out of here as quickly as possible. My inexperience can't be chalked up as a pure reason to be a coward, right?"

She looked around for these materials one more time. Still she wasn't quite sure what she was looking for. "Sorry, but what are these things we're looking for? Materials right? What do they look like?"

image.thumb.png.c4054367a33c543a7ecb2c1ec25c5b19.png

fail

Edited by Shye

Alisea looked at the ground. This girl was almost singing her praises...There was nothing to praise her for. She was doing the right thing, nothing more. She believed it was correct, so she..she did it. She wouldn't willingly compromise herself. That just wasn't her style. 

"I'm, nothing special Chelsea. It is those who are on the frontline, those who put themselves in danger. They are the heros. Me? I'm just, some girl who is too scared to..well...I suppose it doesn't matter. I want to help others, so i do. It took me nearly a year to leave the town, a-and, only because Stryder came to my aide" 

The girl frowned at Chelseas question. She...had no idea. She'd never gone looking for materials...Wait..

"oh, i have these!" The girl accessed her inventory, and made a trade request. Gloves coming up in the listing. "Accept the trade, these gloves, they're supposed too help you find items. J-just promise you'll return them. They have...well, a special person made them for my guild-leader, and i'd hate to lose them"

Jinx smiled warmly at Chelsea, right as Fou woke up. The familiar started to climb over Jinx's armour, causing the girl to try and catch her familiar, to a degree of failure. "F-fou! That tickles!"

-Trading:

Spoiler

Name: Relic Draupnir Profession: Artisan Rank: 6 ID: 86061 Roll: 12 Item Type: Ring <Trinket> Tier: 1 Quality: Perfect Enhancements: +3 Loot Dice Description: A silver ring, etched on the outside are Nordic symbols that have a delicate golden shine. Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/13298-f1-artisan-rank-7/?do=findComment&comment=519702

Shye pushed the 'Accept' button on the window that popped up in front of her when Alisea initiated the trade. It showed a lot of different things. Boxes were marked with text that said 'Place Item here' and her inventory was set up on the side. The other girl was quick to move the item into the trade and hit accept. Shye followed suit. How over complex. In the real world, all you needed to do was take the item from you pocket and hand it to the person. This was probably a good way to keep theft low though, hunh?

With them in her inventory, Chelsea navigated her menu with the help of Jinx and set them up into her active slots. The item appeared on her hand without even needing to put it on. Interesting.

"Thank you. I'll make sure you get them back, don't worry!" Items that boosted your luck? She would have to get ahold of some for herself so she wouldn't have to borrow them again.

Spoiler

Shye equips the Relic Draupnir - LD 3 item.

Jinx watched Chelsea equip the items her guild leader had given her, and despite it all, she was worried. Those items were super important of a gift given to her, and she'd be a little upset if Chelsea took them. But, she seemed nice. Alisea just hoped her faith wouldn't punish her guild leader.

Thankfully it seemed to be the case, she seemed honest and genuine. 

"I just hope they help you Chelsea. He let me borrow them, and, yeah...he's nice. O-oh, i forgot to ask Chelsea. If you don't mind, where are you from?" 

Jinx had noticed recently that peopel seemed to be, from everywhere are around the world. Part of her wondered where her real body was. She was certain they had to be in hospital somewhere, although. She could still be at home, if her parents even wanted her body there. She'd need even more attention now than before...

Edited by Jinx