[PP|01]<<The Second Lessons...>> Are Also Boring As S***

Right after finishing the quest for Zachariah to create the potion from materials that she gathered, Shay was tasked with taking a package to a local blacksmith. She delivered the package post-haste and now she was met with a new quest for Lyle, the Blacksmith. He needed Shay to go back out of the safe zone to acquire a set of boar tusks from little baby boars. They weren't difficult to beat up so she should be fine. She actually wondered if Titan wanted to join her since he had only really left to go do that event stuff. He should be free by now.

She opened her menu and found Titan to send him a quick message. 

"I'm doing more questing on floor one if you want to join me. I'll be outside the safe zone on the west side of the town if you decide to tag along." -Shay

The text was written with Japanese Characters first, but then re-written underneath in English.

@Titan

Spoiler

General
Level: 8 | HP:  160/160 | Energy: 16/16 

Stats
DMG: 5 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 1 

Skills
Katana I

Equipment(In use)
Murasame α: Bleed 2, Damage 1
Deep Red Tie: Recovery 2, ACC 1
Leather Overcoat: EVA 3

Consumable
x5 Starter Healing Potions
The Matriarchs Stinger - 1 DMG

Edited by Shay

Titan had managed to do a couple of different quests and grinding since he last saw Shay and felt pretty confident in his abilities and that he would burst into the second tier fairly soon. But for now? The man had been in his home on the edge of the Town of Beginnings resting and taking the day easy. At least, until he got the message from Shay that he wasn’t expecting at all, at least not for the second intro quest.

TITAN: I thought we were doing your familiar? I’m home anyways, I’ll meet you right outside on the west side.

With that, the man quickly got himself ready and walked outside to the west side of town, his eyes already noticing the raven haired girl standing there to do the second quest. " I did this quest at level 2 and it was so damn hard for me. I'm sure you won't have any issues about it. "
@Shay

TITAN'S INVENTORY

Spoiler

Titan (Level 13) 
HP: 260 / DAMAGE: 5
EN: 26 / MIT: 9
ACC: 3 / EVA: 0
KEEN: 1 / PARA: 1

Skills:

• 1-Handed Assault Spear (Rank 3)
  • Searching (Rank 2) ( + 2 LD )
  • <Rested> -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
  • <Clean> The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
  • <Relaxed> Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts

Equipment:

• ( P ) TERROR'S REACH | 1H Assault Spear ( KEEN / DAMAGE / PARALYZE )
  • ( U ) ARMOR OF TOTH | Leather Armor ( MIT )
  • ( P ) EYE OF HORUS | Trinket ( ACC / ACC / ACC )

Inventory:

• ( 3 ) Starter Healing Potion ( Heals 50 HP )
  • ( 6 ) ( U ) T1 Healing Potion (Heals 40 HP )

Edited by Titan

Shay stood against a tree while she waited for Titan to show up. I wouldn't be hard at all, just like since she finally had the ability use Katana Sword Arts, she would be doing a lot more damage. She invited Titan to a party and decided she would lead the way this time. She was bad with directions, but when it came to combat, she would do better this time.

"Thanks for coming along. I won't get us lost this time. Then we can go and get my familiar, then yours sound like a good deal?"

It didn't take long to find a spawn of boar pups. Four of them at once, it would be just like the Nepent quest again, accept this time she had AoE.

"I'm moving in, support me." Her blade turned as red as her eyes and she charged forward, spinning on her heel and aiming just a little too high and only hitting one of the boars. It exploded into pixels. The girl let out a quiet, "Tch." in response and backed up so Titan could make his attack.

image.thumb.png.87e65642dfbf11608eb87be394080b4e.png

Shay 160/160 16/16 (-3)

Boar Pup 1: 5/5 3 DMG
Boar Pup 2: 5/5 3 DMG
Boar Pup 3: 5/5 3 DMG
Boar Pup 4: 0/5 (-6) 3 DMG

Edited by Shay

“ Woah, woah, woah. Someone’s better speedy, huh. ” He glanced over at the girl and knew with his throwing down of the gauntlet that there would be a friendly competition, but he hadn’t expected her to go into overtime wanting to accomplish everything on their to-do list. “ Don’t forget to also enjoy what we have here. If you push yourself too hard, you’ll end up stepping on something that you think is tiny and then swells into dangerous territory. ” It’s why Titan had tried to out level the first floor so when he went to do some of the quests now, they were much easier than if he tried a week ago.

But, it seemed like Shay had been in quite the hurry. Her own attitude had been back to normal, terse and wanting to show off with Titan as support. “ Whatever you say. ” he murmured, eyes glancing as the four pups appeared and it seemed as though Shay had only been able to take care of one.

He wasn’t sure if he’d sweep the rest but he’d surely try, his hands were quick to grab at his assault spear while twirling it into the air. With graceful steps, Titan found his way into the middle of the trio and swept the sharp edge of his weapon at each one with a furious hurricane attack seeming to knock them all unconscious in one sweep. If he stayed on the first floor, he looked mighty strong but who knew what lurked on higher levels. “ Go ahead and loot ‘em, you need 3 tusks, right? ” He’d be there to try to make this as painless for Shay although he knew if she wanted, she could handle this alone.
@Shay

WILD BOAR PUP STATS

Spoiler

WILD BOAR PUP #1: 0 HP | 3 DMG (-20 HP)
WILD BOAR PUP #2: 0 HP | 3 DMG (-24 HP)
WILD BOAR PUP #3: 0 HP | 3 DMG (-28 HP)

TITAN'S STATS

Spoiler

Titan (Level 13) 

Health Points: 260 / 260 ( -0 DMG )  DAMAGE: 5
Energy: 16 / 26 ( - 10 ) MITIGATION: 9
ACC: 3
KEEN: 1 ( ACTIVATED )

EVA: 0
PARALYZE: 1

Skills:

• 1-Handed Assault Spear (Rank 3)
  • Searching (Rank 2) ( + 2 LD )
  • <Rested> -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
  • <Clean> The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
  • <Relaxed> Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts

Equipment:

• ( P ) TERROR'S REACH | 1H Assault Spear ( KEEN / DAMAGE / PARALYZE )
  • ( U ) ARMOR OF TOTH | Leather Armor ( MIT )
  • ( P ) EYE OF HORUS | Trinket ( ACC / ACC / ACC )

Inventory:

• ( 3 ) Starter Healing Potion ( Heals 50 HP )
  • ( 6 ) ( U ) T1 Healing Potion (Heals 40 HP )

TITAN'S ATTACK ( + 3 ACC )

Spoiler

image.png.edc54b3e5861c276feddfaf870e32d87.png

Edited by Titan

Yuki stepped over to the loot boxes, sheathing her sword in it's holder, and opened them one by one slowly. The first one was a success. The boar tuck was moved to her inventory without a second thought. The next one not so much, just completely empty. The third and fourth one had a tusk in each. Whelp. That was pretty fast.

The crimson-eyed assassin stood up and looked up at Titan and gave him a smile. "Well, that was much more painless than I thought it would be. Nice job finishing them all off by the way. I'm starting to feel like my assistance with questing with you is useless cause you can just handle it all yourself. Though you'll say something like 'That's not why I join you for quests.'" She tried to mock his voice light-heartedly. The girl sighed slightly. "We're already done here. Is there anything else you wanted to do in the field?" She asked, giving him the best smile she could muster.

image.thumb.png.5dd71a83008a3be5296ccaba8cdbe3a1.png

Looting Boars 3/3 tusks.

Edited by Shay

His eyes widened at the other’s taunt, rolling his eyes and shaking his head slightly in disbelief of the mocking tone. “ I mean, I’ve done these quests before. I’m a lot stronger than you might think. ” He teased back, his own abilities and skills truly did seem to be growing quite quickly in a way that Titan had been enjoying truly. It was a steady climb with his experience coming in at a fairly steady pace. He was almost finished with the three quests he needed to finish too before hitting level 16. If he could squeeze his way through that, he’d be perfect in keeping his steady pace.

“ You’re not wrong though. Next time I’m just going to watch you. ” Shay couldn’t get too comfortable with Titan around cleaning up and getting lucky with some of his attacks. Sure, his weapons and armors had been pretty great thanks to his own purchases and luck but he also knew that’d change once he hit tier two. “ No, we can head back if you’d like. It might take a little bit, we got pretty far into the forest. ”

Shay didn't really have much to do other than this quest and look for their familiar later. Maybe they could fight a few mobs for fun? Eh, no. There will be plenty of time for them to fight something in other quests. She needed to finish these quests as soon as possible so that she could catch up with Titan. It was pretty crazy how much he had given her the drive to level up and become strong. Nothing had really driven her this way before, was this what it felt like to have a rival?

"Watch all you want. I'll destroy anything that gets in my way." She pouted and folded her arms against her chest. Titan was strong compared to her, but that did not mean that she was weak. With time, she would be dealing leagues more damage than he was. She wouldn't stay a low level forever.

@Titan

“ Sure, you will. ” He teased, it was easy to goad and rile up the girl who clutched onto her new weapon hard. He knew that when the time came, she’d be a force to be reckoned with but having a rival often rose motivation to a place where the other would feel eager and excited to level and catch up to the frontlines. He knew that his own desires to return home fueled him immensely.

“ Shouldn’t we just head back then? ” His words filled with curiosity, if it had been this easy out here then it meant that Shay was clearly ready for her next quest and to keep up the pacing. “ Here’s the true test, lead us out of the forest. ” Another little jab as he gestured her in a random direction of the forest, letting Shay show once again that she knew how to get back to town.
@Shay

Really? Was he going to make her do this? She learned English before age ten, can do most complex math and got some of the best grades in her some schooling but cardinal direction was nothing but a myth to her. She couldn't navigate her way out of a plastic back if her life depended on it. The girl growled quietly as she spoke.

"You sure you wanna be stuck in this forest for hours? My skills with directions are awful, you know that already." She knew she would probably make her do this, just to help her get better at it. This wasn't a good game to have bad navigational skills. That's when she remembered that she actually had a map on her menu that could lead her back if she wanted. She swiped her hand to open it up, hoping that Titan wouldn't stop her from using it.

@Titan

Titan was set on making the other navigate her way out of the floor, it hadn’t been his fault she had no sense of direction or awareness and they’d chip away at making her better, what else did they have to do? He smirked, the sly smile finding his way across his face as he shook his head. “ I do know, but it doesn’t mean it needs to be that forever. Who knows, you might get it this time. ” He commented, she’d be able to figure it out, potentially.

The map was being resourceful and he’d allow it. “ Lead the way, captain. ” Gesturing in a random direction, excited and waiting to see how the other would fare in her task. “ You did a good job though on that quest, you might not even need be for the next. ” He teased, he knew it was much quicker to partner with people for quests instead of just doing everything solo.
@Shay

Shay studied the map on the menu for quite some time. It seemed like she was struggling already just looking at it. Though, she didn't want to completely cheat so she was taking a very long look at the map. After a few minutes of inspection she thinks she has the correct path. If only she could keep it in her mind while they walked. Without a word, she started to walk in the direction she thought was the way out of the forest. Already she was starting to doubt herself.

After awhile, she completely unsure about her direction again. She wanted to inspect the map once more, but she wanted to force herself to get better at this sort of thing. Every once in awhile she would look over a Titan to see if his expression would tell her whether or not she was going the correct way. She looked at him with something of a blank face and said, "I've never known I was so bad with directions until now..."

@Titan

Titan noticed how the other was struggling but decided he couldn't go into to try and save her just yet, he needed her to struggle and figure things out on her own for when he wouldn't be around. They had been close enough in leveling that he could help her and do things but, Titan hadn't had any help with this quest and just had to go on his own with enough energy and ambition to make it out the other end as a victor. It seemed foolish but they were getting things done, the blonde's gaze quickly met with Shay's as he began to follow her while they went in what seemed to be literal circles.

" Well, at least now we know and we just need to learn how to make you a better navigator. " Shrugging, he pointed at a random direction. " Use your map to figure out which way to go and also landmarks. Big trees, anything to help you get back to where we were. That's what usually works for me. "
@Shay

Shay's brow scrunched as he said to look for a landmark. "Big trees"? Every tree looked the same to her, this was a freakin' forest. She tried to keep herself from letting out her frustration and opened the menu. They actually had gone off the path even though she was sure that she was leading them in a straight line. The raven haired woman closed the menu once she had figured out the path and drew her blade. With it raised, she walked towards Titan. It looked almost like she was going to strike him, until she walked past him and left a mark in the tree behind him. A large mark from her katana scarred the bark of giant tree.

"There. If we pass this tree again somehow, I'll remember we were here." The girl continued to lead them out of the forest, slashing a tree ever ten meters or so that way she wouldn't lose her direction.

@Titan

" Yeah, they're all big trees, but if you take a bit of a closer look you can tell that they have a bit of a distinction from one another. " He chimed in to her frustration, calming her resolve to seeing and understanding that there could always be an answer if you looked at something with enough intention. Titan decided to shut up and let the other lead, trusting in her own abilities and knowing that they hadn't too much they needed to do or go for the remainder of the day. If Shay wanted to take a bit, not by her own accord, then that's what would happen. His eyes watched Shay as she lunged, Titan was close to pull out his weapon but the man trusted Shay and saw that she had just been marking a tree but it was enough to get his heart racing.

" See, steps. " He continued forward, letting her lead but noticed that the mark trees would help them backtrack if they ever needed to. 
@Shay

The raven haired woman continued to slash at trees, leaving her mark on them as she passed without much a care if the trees would even heal from them. She may have had more caution in the real world, but everything here was an immortal object. She could still leave slash marks on the trees to make markers, but she couldn't destroy them. Nevertheless, she continued her way through the forest with the path in her mind. 

"This isn't that hard." The girl tried to regain her pride for going off the trail twice with him now. He was right to let her lead through here though, she could admit to that. The game was big and she wouldn't always have the availability of a map to guide her through every step. Learning this would be a small bonus to becoming a stronger player. "You'll see, we're about to exit the forest in a few minutes for sure."

@Titan