The Second Lesson, Is Also Free "Protege II"

Stats:

Spoiler

LVL: 14

HP280 | EN: 28 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 31 ACC: 0 |  EVA: 0 

+12 Bleed Damage (On a successful Critical attack with a Natural BD of 9 or 10, inflict Bleed on the target for 2 turns.)

+18 Thorns (When hit by a Non-Critical attack, deal unmitigated damage to the attacking enemy.)

+1 First Aid (Heal 4% of a target party member’s maximum HP (rounded down). Cannot target the user.)

MODIFIED STATS

HP: 0 | EN : 0 | DMG : 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | SR: +0

BUFFS

Unused

Unused

Unused

EQUIPPED ITEMS

Weapon: Hauteclare [+2 Damage | +12 Bleed]

Armor: Mercy [+9 Mitigation]

Shield: Iote's Shield [+9 Mitigation | +18 Thorns]

BATTLE READY ITEMS

x1 The Matriarch's Stinger - [This incredibly potent venom can be applied to a weapon to provide an additional +1 damage for the duration of one battle.]

x5 T1 Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40 HP)

x1 T1 Damage Potion (+1 Damage)

x1 T1 Over-Health Potion (+50 Temporary HP)

x0

SKILLS & MODS

1. Block [Rank 1]

2. First Aid [Rank 1]

1. One-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 2]

2. Heavy Armor [Rank 1]

Survival

"Next for me? Well part two of this wretched quest line," she grumbled. Her emerald gaze would bore into him as he made mention of needing to head off.  Her brow twitched. Did he really think he'd get off that easy? Placing herself directly in his way, her finger pointedly pierced his near bare chest. "Um did you forget your obligation to me? How can I be your protege if you don't teach me anything?" For all intents and purposes, her request could theoretically wait, but she would lose her damn marbles if she had to finish this quest line alone.

"And as for your guild. I have thought it over. I'll consider it, but am I the only female in the group? And am I the only person that is still tier one? If so, I'm not so sure I would want to join yet." She wasn't uncomfortable with the thought of all guys; however, guys are idiots and as of late her tolerance was rather low. She also wasn't in the mood to be babied because of her level. She was working on it. It was almost silly however. The fact that she even needed to address that with herself was laughable. This wasn't high school, but in a way guilds functioned like the cliques of one. So she was rightfully worried nonetheless.

"Anyway, I need to kill three boar things for their tusks. Any idea where I should go?"

@Oikawa

Edited by Galilea

Stats:

Spoiler

LVL: 69

HP: 1,410 | EN: 138 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | SR: +5

+36 Bleed Damage (On a successful Critical attack with a Natural BD of 9 or 10, inflict Bleed on the target for 2 turns.)

+1 Paralytic Venom Offensive (On a successful attack with a Natural BD of 8-10, Paralyze the target for 1 turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties.)

+20 Burn Damage (When hit by a Non-Critical attack.)

+2 Light Momentum (After an unsuccessful attack, you get +2 BD until your next successful attack.)

+3 Recovery (On a Natural CD of 6 or more, you get +3 EN.)

MODIFIED STATS

HP: 0 | EN : 0 | DMG : 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | SR: +0

BUFFS

Rested (-1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat.)

Clean (The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% rounded down.)

Unused

Unused

Unused

EQUIPPED ITEMS

Weapon: The Mob-Stopper [+3 Damage | +36 Bleed | +1 Paralytic Venom (Offensive)]

Armor: Akuma's Vain [+2 Flame Aura | +2 Light Momentum]

Accessory: Eye of Horus [+2 Accuracy | +3 Recovery]

BATTLE READY ITEMS

x2 Safeguard Potion - [The next successful hit to your player will do no damage.]

x1 Banner of Support [Heals up to 4 players for 20 HP. 3 Charges Left.]

x1 Major Damage Potion II (Perfect Tier 2 Potion) - [Adds +6 damage. Lasts for one thread.]

x1 Major Armor Crystal II (Perfect Tier 2 Crystal) - [Adds +54 mitigation. Lasts for one thread.]

SKILLS & MODS

1. Hiding [Rank 5]: Vanish [Mod] | Surprise Attack "Trickster" [Mod]

2. Quick Change

3. Charge [Rank 5]

4. Two-Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]: Precision [Mod] | Ferocity [Mod]

Martial Arts [Unlocked][Inactive]

5. Light Armor [Rank 5]: Athletics [Mod]

Concentration

Familiar Master: Fighter [Rank 3]

Meditation [Unlocked][Inactive]

Survival

He was almost scot-free. Almost. But the violet haired woman cut him of and decidedly poked him in the chest. Taking a half step back, he rubbed at his sternum with small grin. "Fair enough. Fair enough," he mused while rubbing his chin. She was almost cute when she was demanding, but Oikawa knew she meant business. Running his fingers through his chestnut brown bangs, Oikawa thought for a moment. "First of all, you won't be the only female. Mari will be there too and she is a founding member herself. She is a rather great person to learn from if I'm being completely honest. And as for levels, that's actually who I was going to meet with. A new recruit by the name of Titan. He's around your level and essentially leveling the same as you."

A sudden thought occurred. Shaking his head he wondered how he hadn't thought of it sooner. Drafting up a message, he sent the details to Titan. Turning to Galilea, he rested a hand on her shoulder. "Your in luck. You're actually going to meet him today. He said he was willing to partake in the quest with us and I figured it'd be an easy way to begin building rapport between us."

@Titan

With the number of requests and messages the ambitious Tank received about Jacob’s Ladder in direct and non-direct ways, Titan felt validated. He knew he had potential as a front line tank but to hear the others wanting to recruit him felt nice. He hadn’t met Oikawa yet or even Galilea but when the high level reached out to take on the second quest, Titan couldn’t help but eagerly jump on the opportunity.

Lucky for Titan, his home was two minutes from the northern forests right outside the Town of Beginnings and he’d be a little late to not seem over-eager. Spear in hand, the player seemed quick to leave and enter the forests that once housed monsters that could kill him (and almost did) in a single attack. Now, he had a bit more in his arsenal to fend them off.

Spotting the two of them, Titan offered a quick wave as he closed in on both Galilea and Oikawa. “ I take it you’re the two I’m supposed to meeting with today. I’m Titan. ” He offered a nod towards both of them as an informal introduction, his assault spear twirling in his hand at the opportunity to show his stuff. " We're doing the second introductry quest, right? Collecting Boar Tusks? " The man clarified through the ambient noise that rattled the forest, grunts and snorts could be heard in the near distance,  ready to be downed for the sake of Lyle.
@Galilea

TITAN'S INVENTORY

Spoiler

Titan (Level 15) 
HP: 300 / DAMAGE: 5
EN: 30 / MIT: 9
ACC: 3 / EVA: 0
KEEN: 1 / PARA: 1

Skills:

• 1-Handed Assault Spear (Rank 3)
  • Searching (Rank 2) ( + 2 LD )
  • <Rested> -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
  • <Clean> The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
  • <Relaxed> Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts

Equipment:

• ( P ) TERROR'S REACH | 1H Assault Spear ( KEEN / DAMAGE / PARALYZE )
  • ( U ) ARMOR OF TOTH | Leather Armor ( MIT )
  • ( P ) EYE OF HORUS | Trinket ( ACC / ACC / ACC )

Inventory:

• ( 3 ) Starter Healing Potion ( Heals 50 HP )
  • ( 6 ) ( U ) T1 Healing Potion (Heals 40 HP )

Edited by Titan

Her question was left unanswered, as the brunette touched on everything else. Though the edge of the forest was only a few meters away, with the sounds of various creatures echoing from the foliage, she still didn't know if the boars were in there or elsewhere. Her train of thought was snapped however. As if timed to perfection an unfamiliar voice floated through the air, as Oikawa mentioned being able to meet one of the other lower-leveled players. His introduction was brief, confirming their reasoning for being there and giving his name all in one breath.

Pushing back her hair, Galilea turned to face Titan. The blonde boy wearing lighter armor and brandishing a spear to boot. "You use a spear. That's very similar to Oikawa here. Though his is two-handed if I recall correctly," she observed while gesturing to the brunette. "I'm Galilea. Pleasure to meet you." She returned Titan's nod before drafting her own menu. A flash of light quickly enveloped her. Her shield fragmented into full frame in her left hand while her sword appeared in her right.

"Well since this one's an idiot and you seem familiar with this quest, you mind leading the way Titan?"

@Oikawa

"Ouch Gally," murmured the brunette as Titan moved closer joined their group. Rubbing his neck, Oikawa selected his gear, donning his two-handed spear and light armor cape. Though he was positive he wouldn't need it. Oikawa then turned to Titan. "Your assessment would be correct and of course I would be Oikawa," he said with a slight bow. Gesturing towards Galilea, he continued. "Ignore her rudeness. For a protege we are very... dissimilar," he teased. "But she is right. This quest wasn't available when I started grinding, so if you are familiar with it you may lead the way. I'm only here to observe and help out when needed. Well that and to answer any questions you may have regarding the guild, its members, or the state of Aincrad."

He wasn't all-knowing by any means but he had spent a majority of his time between guilds and the frontlines since his early days. His knowledge wasn't absolute but it was decently vast. Twirling his spear about, he locked it in place via the clasp on his cloak and motioned for Titan to lead the way.

"Let's see what our budding tank and support can do on their own."

@Titan

It was almost a bit too bizarre to watch the two of them interact as though they had been brother and sister. The girl, Galilea, seemed to be serious when it came to what she wanted and didn’t care if she insulted Oikawa in the process. The other had been an orange cursor along with a higher level, Titan would never risk it for the sake of having Oikawa snap. That and he didn’t know the others well enough to be making such risky comments for the sake of a joke. “ Nice to meet you both. ” He finished with his introduction before letting out a hearty laugh. “ It’s good that you two can be so honest and still have fun. Makes it easy to enjoy. ” If this was any glimpse into Jacob’s Ladder, Titan knew that he’d enjoy the atmosphere and chemistry quite a bit. “ Yeah, I don’t mind leading to the boar pups. ” Taking the lead, Titan gripped onto his spear and walked his way inside to the thick trees while grunts and other noises could be heard bouncing off the nearby trees. “ Yup, decided the one-handed spear was better. Feels good to use too. Glad I decided to go for it. ”

“ I’m sure we could take them all on at the same time. You wanna kill them one at a time or just get as much as we can at once? ” He didn’t feel like it was his decision to make but he was ready either way.
@Galilea

Galilea huffed. Her cheeks briefly puffing up before she expelled them dismissing the brunette’s comments. "Protege is used loosely here," she teased. "The only thing he's taught me is how rusty he is with a spear." A small laugh came from her as she begins to follow behind Titan. "As for the boar pups, if it would be faster to take on all three at the same time, let’s do that. This quest is tedious enough as is," she explained as she gave Hauteclare a few swings to loosen up.

"Not to mention we still have to return to Lyle and take a package to Hanna-"

She paused.

*Snort* From the foliage a Boar Pup had managed to roam into their path. Kicking its hooves in the grass, it snorted again before putting its sights on her.

Clenching her blade, Galilea led with her shield and was upon the pup. With a quick upward slash, she dispatched the pup in a single blow. As polygons confetti'd out, she reached down to collect the tusk that remained. Glancing back to her companions, she called out. "Well that's one down. Two to go!"

Spoiler

ID: 145068 BD: 7 [Vertical: 5 x 1 = 5] LD: 18

Galilea: HP280/280 | EN: 28/28 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 31 ACC: 0 |  EVA: 0

Oikawa: HP1410/1410 | EN: 138/138 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | SR: +5

Titan: HP: 300/300 | EN: 30/30 | DMG: 5 | MIT: ACC: 3 |  EVA: 0

Boar Pup: HP: 0/5 | DMG: 3 (-5 HP)

Galilea: 1/3 Boar Tusk(s)

@Oikawa

Edited by Galilea

Rolling his eyes, Oikawa shrugged at Galilea's comments and followed behind the two new recruits. "From a first impression standpoint, Titan didn't seem too put off by my cursor nor was he apprehensive of me at all. Perhaps Shield had already made mention of my crystal and reassured him that I wasn't a threat. Or maybe this isn't his first time dealing with PKers..." his thoughts trailed off as the sounds of a dying boar filled the air. The fresh sound of polygons shattering against the ground gathered his attention to the duo. "Like I said, I want be helping on this quest, but it seems you guys have it pretty much handled anyway. I'll be here for support and questions still however." Glancing more so at Titan. Oikawa's eyes slightly narrowed.

"Titan. What made you want to join the guild? I'm rather curious?"

Oikawa didn't feel too suspicious of him, but he wanted to make sure he was understanding where his potential guild mates were coming from and what they wanted out of the guild. "What're your goals and ambitions?" Though he asked the questions, Oikawa remained alert. The chance another boar pup or two would come scampering around the corner was higher than one would assume.

@Titan

Edited by Oikawa

As Titan had finished the quest already, he hadn’t wanted to take too much of the glory in attacks from Galilea. “ Let me know if you want me to attack one, too, but you’re killing it. Literally. ” The man let out a small snort at his pun, she seemed mighty capable and it surprised him that she needed a mentor to help her out and had found one in an orange-cursor, but then again, if Mari offered, Titan wasn’t sure if he would decline.

Slightly caught off-guard by Oikawa’s question, Titan mulled over the question for a moment before stringing together the right words for a response. “ Long story short, I met Shield during the Easter event and Mari helped me with both of my last introduction quests. ” Her cursor had Titan not too worried or concerned about the man in front of his. “ They offered and showcased how talented they are in this game and when the time came, I thought it made sense to join. Is that how this guy got you in, Galilea? ” He chimed in, always a member of inclusion as he pulled the other rookie into the conversation as well.

“ For goals, I’m working on becoming a tank eventually once I hit tier 3. Hopefully I can tank for the front line when the time comes. ” Shifting his gaze between the two of them before landing it on the higher-level man, his own motives piqued Titan’s curiosity as well. “ What made you want to take on a protégé and help out rookies? ” He figured he knew pieces of the reasoning but to hear it straight would be illuminating.
@Galilea

"Huh?" Galilea turned around at the mention of her name. Truth be told, she had stop listening to the boys as she searched for another boar. Trying to piece together what she had heard, she planted her blade and thought. "Hmm, well actually, I was roped in by all the promises of player leveling and a family. I really only joined because he," she nodded in Oikawa's direction, "approached me with an opportunity to achieve my own goals."

When said aloud, it sounded selfish, but she saw no reason to not tell the truth. Shrugging it off, her eyes scanned the trees before stopping once again. Another grin finding its way to her features as she plucked her sword from the earth and dashed forward. The boar had only shown its snout, but Galilea was upon it in a flash. Leading with her shield, she knocked the boar's attempt at a headbutt aside and dropped her blade down through its tusk. It was instantly depleted into polygons but left behind no tusks.

"Well, now we have to find the rest. I still need two more tusks," she muttered.

@Oikawa

Spoiler

ID: 145696 BD: 10 [Major Critical Vertical: 7 x 1 = 7] LD: 9

Galilea: HP280/280 | EN: 26/28 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 31 ACC: 0 |  EVA: 0

Oikawa: HP1410/1410 | EN: 138/138 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | SR: +5

Titan: HP: 300/300 | EN: 30/30 | DMG: 5 | MIT: ACC: 3 |  EVA: 0

Boar Pup: HP: 0/5 | DMG: 3 (-7 HP)

Galilea: 1/3 Boar Tusk(s)

Edited by Galilea

Oikawa rubbed his chin. The recruit was more similar to himself than he originally thought. He too had really only met Shield during the Easter event. They had known of each other from previous frontline outings, but they didn't become friends until the event. He and Mari had a much trickier past, but their similarities had brought them together as friends during this time. Though he could say it was definitely his intrusion that led to where they were now. He chuckled at the thought. His attention returned to Galilea as she mentioned how she had been cornered to join. Though, he had never really heard it from her on why she said yes. Her process was interesting but he wasn't one to judge her reasoning. As she plowed through another boar pup, Oikawa continued his talk with Titan.

"A tank hmm. Surprising enough since DPS seems to be all the rage these days," he responded. "As for her and I, well honestly I felt like I owed it to those who wanted to learn but didn't quite have a path on what they wanted to do yet and I guess you could say I took a liking to her despite our personality differences. I have the power and knowledge of sorts if you will to help make a change. Why not give back to those who need it more than me?"

@Titan

• 2 weeks later...

"Who said I needed your power or knowledge?" jeered the amethyst haired woman as she managed to locate yet another boar. Though the creature scampered just out of the reach of her blade, Galilea remained close enough to keep it engaged in combat. The poor thing didn't dare attack her. She kind of wished it would however as it would save her the trouble of having to hit it since her thorns would be more than enough to kill it. Glancing back to the boys, Galilea's brow raised as Oikawa seemed to be staring off to the edge of the clearing. Titan was missing and Galilea was unsure whether she should be concerned or not. "I'm guessing he had something to attend to, right?" Galilea wasn't fond of people that bailed on their friends. Even if they had only just met, they were to be a part of the same guild. To say it touched a nerve was an understatement.

Spoiler

ID: 148951 BD: 5 [Miss]

Galilea: HP280/280 | EN: 25/28 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 31 ACC: 0 |  EVA: 0 (-2 EN)

MD: 3 [Miss]

Boar Pup: HP: 5/5 | DMG: 3

@Oikawa

Edited by Galilea

"Tch. That's a lot of gall for someone who can't hit a simple boar pup Galilea," he teased back as the girl managed to corner the pig again. Shifting his attention back to Titan, Oikawa could only sigh as the dust settle around him. The blonde tank had taken off. Unsure as to why Titan didn't say anything before leaving, Oikawa merely shrugged the notion off. Whatever it is I assume it was important,  he thought.

"I'm guessing he had something to attend to, right?"

"Aye I would assume so," he responded. Oikawa wouldn't let this detract Galilea from her training. That had plenty of ground to make up if she was to attain her goal before the 26th floor is unlocked. As such he put his focus into her. "Take a breath and focus. The pup is merely that. A pup. Strike it down and find the last one so we can take these materials back to town." He had never really been a combat coach before, but if he was to train more players alongside Baldur, he'd need to know what to do and say to make things easier for them. Galilea was only the first of many.

Edited by Oikawa

She would have to let it go however and focus on the task at hand. The pup squirmed and scampered about the tiny clearing. Drawing in a deep breath, she held the air for a few moments. Focusing on the erratic movements of the pig, she lost her focus and expelled the breath in a large huff. She couldn't focus, not with Titan's sudden disappearance weighing on her mind. This loss in concentration left her wide open however as the boar pup slammed into her side. The damage was negligible but the principle still remained that she had let her guard down and allowed the up to land an attack.

"Tch. Well that's bothersome," she muttered as the hit registered as a critical strike and thus not activating her Thorns. Glancing back to where Titan had disappeared to, she slapped her cheeks together and shook her head. She needed to focus on clearing the quest, then they could search for Titan.

Spoiler

ID: 149675 BD: 1 [Miss]

Galilea: HP279/280 | EN: 24/28 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 31 ACC: 0 |  EVA: 0 (-2 EN)(-1 HP)

MD: 10 [Critical: 3 + 2 = 5 - 31 = 1]

Edited by Galilea

Oikawa watched on. His gaze fixated on the girl and the boar pup, but his attention drawn elsewhere. His thoughts bounced between what-ifs regarding Titan. It was unlike players to just up and leave for no reason. With not so much as even a 'bye' or a 'I'll be right back'. He left them with nothing. Radio silence. 

What if he has a significant other that needed help and didn't want to alarm them on their quest? Considerate sure, but they more than likely could've postponed the quest to help him. What if he was in danger and didn't want to get them involved? Unlikely, given I'm still strong in my own right and I'm sure we could have put an end to whatever was going on. What if he lost his will? Something suddenly snapped within him and he didn't want to try anymore. That is...too uncharacteristic of him... I can't fathom that thought.

Closing his eyes, he let the thoughts melt away. He needed to think of a more rational answer to that question. What-ifs were a terrible way to deduce a situation.

Editing

Spoiler

ID: 151185 BD: 4 [Miss]

Galilea: HP279/280 | EN: 23/28 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 31 ACC: 0 |  EVA: 0 (+1 EN)(-2 EN)

MD: 2 [Miss]

Edited by Galilea