[PP/F2] Razor's Edge

Quest: The Venomous Warg

Titan finally leveled up to 15 and he knew what this meant for himself, he was warned that he needed to finish two final quests to make sure he recieved the quest reward bonus from the very last intro quest and the Venomous Warg quest on the second floor. He remembered that Night had promised him some assistance and he wasn't going to say no to meeting that awesome Artisan that he accidentally thought was a Merchant and then was sent on this wild goose chase getting items identified for her. He laughed a little bit at the thought, she was a savvy player and Titan got slightly hoodwinked. He didn't mind though, the naivety towards the game was beneficial in the beginning. He made his way to the second floor and opened up his HUD to send Night a player.

TITAN: I'm here to cash in my favor? Wanna come help me with The Venomous Warg? It'll be fun, promise.
TITAN: I'm at the second floor's telepad if you're interested (=
@NIGHT

TITAN'S INVENTORY

Spoiler

Titan (Level 15) 
HP: 300 / DAMAGE: 5
EN: 30 / MIT: 9
ACC: 3 / EVA: 0
KEEN: 1 / PARA: 1

Skills:

• 1-Handed Assault Spear (Rank 3)
  • Searching (Rank 2) ( + 2 LD )
  • <Rested> -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
  • <Clean> The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
  • <Relaxed> Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts

Equipment:

• ( P ) TERROR'S REACH | 1H Assault Spear ( KEEN / DAMAGE / PARALYZE )
  • ( U ) ARMOR OF TOTH | Leather Armor ( MIT )
  • ( P ) EYE OF HORUS | Trinket ( ACC / ACC / ACC )

Inventory:

• ( 3 ) Starter Healing Potion ( Heals 50 HP )
  • ( 6 ) ( U ) T1 Healing Potion (Heals 40 HP )

Edited by Titan

So today's finally the day, huh?

NIGHT was beginning to rise from her rest when she'd heard the messages come in. Slipping out of bed and heading into the bathroom, the player sent Titan her peace before going about her day to get ready.

NIGHT: k
NIGHT: 10min

It didn't take long for NIGHT to get her ensemble together. She'd left her home in a hurry, trying not to attract the attention of her doppel as she slipped out the door. Showing up in Urbus was the easiest thing to do after that sneaky mess, and when she'd finally phased into its environments after a moment's flash at the teleporter, Titan was standing ready in the vicinity, their bright blond hair and polished armor calling to her for attention.

"Hey," she called out to him, stepping down the stairs of the telepad. "Getting in this last bit of beginner experience before you start your march onto Tier 2? I dig it. Point me at 'em -- I'll crush those wargs for you easy."

@Titan

Spoiler

NIGHT
 | HP: 870/870 | EN: 84/84
 | ACC: 5 (4, +1*) | DMG: 16 | EVA: 3 (2, +1) | MIT: 36 | VAMP(OFF): 1 | BLEED: 24 | PARAV-D: 1 | LD: 2
 | Stealth Detection: 2

* [ Filling ] used to provide +1 ACC.

[Skills]
 | 
Mod Count: 4/5

1. Two-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Ferocity, Precision, Finesse
  2. Heavy Armor | Passive | RANK 3/5 
    > Athletics
  3. Searching | Passive | RANK 2/5
  4. - - -
  5. - - - 

-[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Concentration | Active -- CD: 3

• Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3

[Equipment]

• Dracbane
    -- [ Vampiric (Offensive) | Natural successful attack rolls of 9-10 heals the player for 10% of their Max HP. ]
    -- [ Bleed | Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal 24 unmitigated bleed damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. Bleed damage does not stack, but can be refreshed. ]
    -- [ Accuracy | +1 ACC ]
  • Reminiscing The Lord
    -- [ Mitigation II | +18 MIT ]
    -- [ Paralytic Venom (Defensive) | Natural successful attacks against you of 8-10 removes the enemy’s action on their next turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties. ]
  • Silver Crescent Necklace
    -- [ Accuracy II | +2 ACC ]
    -- [ Evasion II | +2 EVA ]

-[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• [T1E1] Super Speed Tonkatsu Ramen (1) -- +1 ACC.   >> Empty Slot
  • - - -
  • - - -
  • - - -
  • - - -
  • - - -
  • - - -
  • - - -

[Misc]

• -- [ Dimensional Backpack, Item Stash | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots ]
    -- [ Rested | -1 EN for the first two expenditures of each combat. ]
    -- [ Col Stash | +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests. ]
    -- [ Relaxed | Increases out of combat health regeneration by (5 * Tier) per post. Full energy restoration occurs after two turns out of combat. ]
    -- [ Clean | In a thread, -20% DoT damage taken from the first DoT applied to this player. ]
    -- [ Filling | In a thread, +1 T1 slot to a food consumed by this player. Can exceed Cook enhancement caps. ]

Titan had been extremely patient. He knew the other was well beyond his own levels and would need her time to settle things that she had been doing for the sake of a favor from someone like Titan. He didn’t mind waiting in the same way he didn’t mind being her pack mule. Titan usually hadn’t been one to fall for scams like that so easily but in a game where he was literally the bottom on the totem pole, it was important to pay dues and show his own worth in little ways to gain and garner the trust of those who may be helpful in quests, trinket making or information sharing.

His mind stuck in possibilities as he heard a voice call out to him, airy but with what seemed like a heavy weight, if need be. He turned his body to face NIGHT, a typical smile from the player who truly did seem to radiate positivity, he tried to at least. “ Yeah, I just hit level 15. I just want to make sure I get these last bits of experience before I lose it. ” He wouldn’t have even known about it if not for Cordelia, thankful for every tidbit that helped him be a tad more efficient. “ Thanks for agreeing to this, by the way. ” He dangled the EYE OF HORUS trinket in front of him, showing it to the woman who he bought it from. “ Don’t leave home with out it. It really turned me into from a newb to someone who now knows a little bit more about hitting in this game. ” A slight tease, but still very much the absolute truth.

“ The map says the merchant that hands out the quest is in town. ” He pointed to Urbus as he began to walk towards the pub, keeping a casual pace for the two of them to get to know each other a bit more before the combat started. “ How was it like when you did this quest? ”
@NIGHT

Edited by Titan

"No problem, happy to help out."

When the man held out the familiar accessory, NIGHT found her sights tracing out every subtle marking and scratch she'd left upon its surface during the time when she used it. Eye of Horus, now in Titan's care, remained as polished as it had been since the day she parted with it. It looked like good news to her. "Glad to see its use has been beneficial after all," she commented with a nod. "And that you're taking good care of it. Think I'll make a few more of them, I haven't had stock on display in my store for a long while. Yours is still the original, though. You can take comfort in that."

As Titan began to move, NIGHT followed, pace quicker than her companions from their difference in height. "I'd picked up the quest on my own," a respond to his query. Though I was under the impression the wargs were... uh... boars." The player cleared her throat, glancing away. "So I asked my neighbour about it -- the one who runs that hot dog-centric diner near my place? Turns out the wolves don't drop edible meat, and he came running to aid me in the fight."

The woman scratched at her cheek, frowning at her retelling, before shaking her head slightly. "The battle's pretty easy, all things considered. Once you've gotten to tackle hordes of enemies on your own, you get used to the power difference between who you were at Tier 1 and who you are in the present. Although, Oscar did miss a few times... I'm not looking forward to making those same slip-ups myself."

NIGHT slipped her hands back into her pockets, gaze turning up to Titan's face. "And what about you? Surely this journey of yours can't be solo. Made any new friends recently?"

@Titan

There was something about NIGHT that felt unassuming and genuneinly kind but the type where they had layers protecting themselves from their true feelings and the rest of the world got the manufactured version of who they were. Titan would break though, she seemed like the type of person that he wouldn't have bothered with back in the real world but something about her reminded him that it took an entire village sometimes to find progress. " Trying my best. I can't help it, it's pretty badass and to think, you made this with your own two hands. " He wasn't sure if she had been a lot stronger than he was but it seemed that way, her calm and casual demeanor probably held the physical prowess to crush these wargs with a single finger. It was still quite the idea that his own powers could grow to incredible amounts if he kept grinding the expereince. " I'm lucky I spotted them in the window. They're probably my most valuable equipment. "

As they walked through the bustling city of Urbus, Titan couldn't help but slow down a bit to keep her from such rapid steps. " Oh, I don't think i've been to the hot dog place yet. " He wouldn't be able to laugh yet, he wasn't sure what a Warg was either. 

Titan spotted the merchant and quickly discussed with him that they were both here to help and as he was handed ANTIDOTE potions, he made sure to give one to NIGHT as well. " You probably don't need it but, it's what was given. " Shrugging as they continued to walk, now outside of the city to where the Warg's were said to be. 

" It happens, I won't tease you if you miss. " Which was a lie, Titan would absolutely do that. " I've made a few friends here and there, I guess. I don't know, friends a loose term. I've met people I should say. The most notable is probably Shield? A Frontline Tank. He gave me some advice on tanking and let me know he's making a guild to bridge the gap between newbies and the front lines. I'll probably join the guild, it seems perfect for me. " He wouldn't only leave this about him. " What about you, NIGHT? What's the last thing you achieved in game that made you really proud of how far you've come? "
@NIGHT

Pretty badass? NIGHT was about to laugh, a smile framed on her face as she looked over the Eye of Horus once again. "Sure," she decided, finding herself still a fan of the black and gold accents. "Let's roll with that. Though, I bet you'll find some better equipment in the future. But I can settle being first place for now."

Hearing Titan having not stopped by Oscar's so far, the woman found herself nodding. She too had been afraid to step into another's store for the longest while, NIGHT related. The woman opened up her palm in a gesture of invitation. "We should visit it together once. It's incredibly popular amongst the general player base, surprisingly. I'm not sure what everyone else sees in hotdogs, though... Personally, I just think it's convenient." Her hands slid back into her pockets, the player turning her head towards the road ahead of her, keeping track of where they were headed. "I mean, a diner right beside my living quarters? I couldn't be bothered to look too far otherwise for food."

Into the tavern, and NIGHT let the newbie speak with the quest-giver, standing off to the side by the entrance as her gaze fell over the rabble, a mixture of players and NPC's alike. For a moment she wondered if establishment often appeared this unruly, as she leaned against a wooden wall, her arms kept folded. When her ward returned, the huntress duly accepted his offered antidote, stowing it away in her inventory. "Might do me some good to recover when the battle's over. It wouldn't hurt to be prepared, I'm sure."

With a kick off the support behind her, the duo shuffled out the pub. NIGHT listened as Titan began to speak about his experiences. A name drop was her gift from the conversation -- Shield? What a well-chosen handle, she mused, with a nod. And a guild formation, paired with a personal invitation from a front liner, this early on into Titan's career? If only NIGHT herself had been so lucky when she'd first started out.

"Shaking hands with people in high places already?" She waved a hand as she snorted, a jest made obvious. "You've got to tell me how that happened. They'd better keep you safe under their care. I'll have to hold them responsible otherwise."

Then came Titan's question in their trade of intel, and NIGHT's voice trailed off, thinking. Hey, wasn't this an interview question? It felt like she was getting grilled for one here, finding difficulty in scrounging up an answer. "Proud is... a troublesome descriptor," she tossed back, pushing a lock of her hair behind an ear. "I haven't exactly taken down a magnificent boss or anything recently... Um..."

She sealed her lips, pressing a curled index to them, continuing to get lost in thought. Her response finally came in, after a moment. "I think any day when I'm up and moving is a win for me." A shrug in company. "It's not much. But sometimes it's the little things that count."

@Titan

Edited by NIGHT
ooc: omg can we have a word limit i dont want this to spiral over to 600 words ea post