[PP-F10] <<Leeching Nightmare>> Trial by Reason

Yui's Grace used 0 remain

Her shop was now locked, after a day of crafting, or at least attempting to - she wanted to make sure the frontlines had everything they needed for the looming boss battle. She wanted to make sure that those who were just gathering the strength and courage to leave the safety of the Town of Beginings had supplies if they so needed it. Especially with many of them answering her offer to help. Mari was a little...taken aback by many of them. People like Titan, who were strong and stalwart - and others like Shye who looked like they'd fall over if you so much as breathed too hard in their direction. People who looked up to her  of all people.

"Wonder if she'll be there today..." Mari hadn't had the chance to check, nor the heart to see if Zandra would actually be there - not when their last quest together went so awry.  Zandra was so set, claiming Mari had taken the lives of people she never met - claiming Mari was torturing others. If she did see Zandra today, and if Zandra did try to make such wild claims. Mari would have none of it. Their meeting would end then and there - and she would let the woman think whatever she wanted.

Mari knew she was not without sin - but if the brother of one of the people whose life she had taken could forgive her, and give her the grace to listen. Then Zandra should damn well sure try too. If not, then Mari wouldn't bother. She'd use her efforts elsewhere. Not everyone could be saved, and not everyone could be convinced that she wasn't the terrifying and terrible person she was in the rumors about her.

Mari's steps echoed as she trudged through the 10th floor. Her gaze focused forward, tattered scarf wrapped tightly around her neck, its tails tickling the back of her legs as she walked. She wanted to finish the <<Scents of The Wild>> Quest line - one that would grant her a boon for the upcoming boss battle. She wanted to be stronger, to stand even with even the strongest like Macradon, and Shield. Even Baldur. She wanted to be their equals, not be protected by them.

And it wouldn't be long till she would change her weapon class; hit harder, faster. 

Mari paused near the Stygian River. Right - here was safe, just out of the spawning zone for any creatures. Mayhaps it was the best place to wait.

@Zandra

Spoiler

General
Level: 66 | HP: 1350  |Energy: 132

STATS

DAM: 16 | EVA 3  | MIT 43 | ACC 4 | 

BATTLE COPY

Mari    [H:0/0/0] - HP 1350/1350  | EN: 132/132 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 43 | EVA:3 | ACC: 4  | BH: 67 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |

SKILLS
Rank 5 Weapon (+5 DMG)
-Weapon Mod: Precision (+1 ACC)
Rank 5 Charge (+5 Damage -1 ACC)
Charge Mod BULL RUSH: Successful charge stuns target 1 turn
Rank 5 Light Armor (+25 MIT)
Light Armor Mod Athletics -  Gain +1 base damage and +30 HP when wearing light armor
SURVIVAL
Rank 5 Battle Healing (5% of total health rounded down start of each turn)
Familiar Mastery Expert - +1 (*Tier) Damage - +9 Damage

EQUIPPED
Name: 
Kusanagi | Item Type: Dagger | Tier 2
Enhancements: 
Bleed 2 | Burn 2
'Bleed Damage of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10'
'Burn Damage' of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10 - Unmitigated

Name: Beacon Necklace | Item Type: Pendant | Tier 2
Enhancements
  +3 ACC 

Name: 
Infernal Shadow | Item Type: Light Armour | Tier 3
Enhancements: 
 +2 Eva | +1 Flame Aura
'Effect: Prevent (6 per slot * Tier) damage per slot from successful attacks against you. Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (5 per slot * Tier) unmitigated burn damage to the attacking enemy.

Zandra sat on the edge of her doublebed, her elbows on her knees and her head in her open palms. She was sitting totally still, and that she have done for almost an hour now. She was terrified for what she was going to do in a few hours. Their first meeting have been going everything except good. The only good thing was that they didn’t killed eachothers. Or maybe, that would have been better. Then she haven’t had to live with these feelings of guilt. And Mari would have to bother that there is someone believing lies about her. She would probably forget Zandra after a week or two as well.

She threw herself backwards and stared at the roof. What would happen today? Would she get a new friend? A new enemy? Would she make someone else happy? Angry? Sad? Well, that answer she would get relatively soon. She sat up again. ‘’Zita! Its time to leave.’’ And as Zandra exited the estate, the eagle darted out as well and started circling above her.

Zandra warped to floor ten and started to head towards the quest location, always keeping an eye for Mari. It didn’t took long until she saw her. She walked up to the player killer. On the way here, she had got so many greeting phrases in her mind. But now they was all gone. So she just lifted her hand beside her head and did a small wave. Letting out a neutral ‘’Hi.’’ As well.

Spoiler

Level:  87
Energy: 174 (...)
HP: 1,785 (1,740(level)+45(Athletics)+...)
DMG: 19 (1(base)+2(2-hand)+5(wpn skill)+9(familiar)+1(Athletics)+1(Ferocity)+...)
ACC: 3 (3(trinket)+...)
EVA: 0 (...)
MIT: 99 (35(skill)+27(mit hvy armor)+36(flame aura)+...)
Thorns: 30 (30(Flame aura)+...)
Burn: 36-2 turns (36(Jacks axe)+...)
Blight: 72-2 turns (72(Jacks axe)+...)
Bleed: 36-2 turns (36(Jacks axe)+...)
BH: 88 (5% of HP)

Utility & Mobility:

Grandmaster(rank 5) Search & Detect (50)

Combat:

Grandmaster(rank 5) First aid (50)
Grandmaster(rank 5) Charge (50)
Grandmaster(rank 5) Heavy armour (50)
Grandmaster(rank 5) Battle Healing (50)

Howl (10)
Energize (15)
Quick Change (12)
Expert Extended Mods (10)

Weapon skill:
Grandmaster(rank 5) Two-handed Battle-axe (50)

Extra skills:
Concentrate (0)
Survival (3)
Unskilled(rank 0) Martial Arts (0)
Expert mastery: Figther (18)

Mods:
Athletics (9)
Reveal (9)
Sharpness(10)
Ferocity(Axe 5) (15)
Bull rush (8)
Precision (15)
2hba Finesse 3 (10)
Energist (12)

Equipment:

Jacks 2 handed battle axe: t3 2hba 36 burn, 36 bleed, 72 blight

Inferno: t3 heavy armor. +2 flame aura (+30 thorns +36 mit), +27 mit

Handwraps of accuracy: t3 trinket. +3 accuracy

Zita: Fighter familiar rank 3. +9 Dmg

Battle ready inventory:

-Amphibian war rally: Unique item, paralyze all enemies for one turn. 1 use/thread.
-Unicorn horn: Unique item, heals players: 1 player 15% or 2 players 10% each or 3 players 5% each
-Santas cloak: t3 light armor, Life mending (+20% outgoing healing), Antifreeze, Paralyze immunity
-Teleport crystal
-1x Mass heal crystal
-
-
-

House buffs:
-Well rested: -1 energy cost for first 3 expanditures of each combat
-Squeaky clean: First dot damage taken reduced by 25%
-Item stash: +1 battle ready slot
-Relaxed: ooc healing increased by 15 HP and energy refilled reduced to 2 posts
-Col stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
-Multipurpose: +1 LD, Stealth detection or prosperity to one post. Can be applied after roll result.

Consumables:

Edited by Zandra

"Zandra." Mari replied as she rose her hand in a small wave. The greeting between the two felt strained. Both women were probably more nervous than they let on.  "I guess you being here means you checked the monument of life?" Mari asked. When they last parted - that was one of the two requests Mari had of Zandra. Although it seemed Zandra didn't like the suggestion, and saw it more like Mari was commanding her or something - which wasn't the case at all. All Mari wanted... all she wanted was to be judged on her own actions - not the actions that strangers claimed she did. Not blatant lies.  

If Zandra thought Mari was a monster, and someone to be so very clearly feared and hated; based on what she had done then that was fine. Mari wouldn't like it, but at least Zandra would have judged her on her own actions.

"You seem to be holding up well after that attack on the ATP." Mari offered, hoping to try and break the tension. "Those Treeant creatures were quite talkative for a group of mobs."

@Zandra

Mari had not more then greeted her when she mentioned something that made Zandras cheeks get a red tone. She asked if she had cheked the monument of life. Zandra couldn’t keep eye contact so looked to the side. ‘’Yeeah.’’ She started quietly. ‘’Lisona is still alive. When I talked to her she said that he was her brother. He do like to spread rumors about others. But he cant anymore because he isn’t here anymore.’’ She said quietly so Mari, if she wanted, could confirm that Zandra was telling the truth about following her request.

She followed up by mentioning the battle for the guild hall. Zandra let out an annoyed sigh. ‘’Yeah, don’t know why they did it. And the reperation costs from the damage they caused.’’ She shoke her head. ‘’Those wasn’t cheap.’’ She then finally moved her crimson eyes to Mari’s. ‘’I have to say thank you for coming. Even if you didn’t had any reason to. I guess you would have wanted to team up with the tree’s if there wasn’t other players there.’’ She gulped and knit her fists. ‘’There is nothing I can say for what I did back at the bear. If you want me to turn around and leave, just say it and I will.’’

@Mari

Mari let out a sigh of relief when Zandra said she had, that this 'Lisona' person was very much alive, and had even confirmed it herself. "That's what happens when you jump to conclusions and listen to rumours though, it gives them power they shouldn't have. Still..." Mari lifted her gaze so she could hold Zandra's crimson eyes in her own. "Thank you for checking." Mari didn't admit it, but she half expected Zandra to not check, and to still hold her faith in the hearsay of others.

The conversation shifted to the attack on her guild. Mari frowned. Why did Zandra make such a comment. "After our last meeting, and checking the monument - you still think I'd want to team up with the trees and hurt you, hurt others? Why?" Mari felt like this would be a long uphill battle. Especially if Zandra was convinced Mari still wanted to hurt people. "I'm...not that kinda person, I was frustrated with you - but I'd never let that get in the way of saving someone when I can. There was a call for help. I answered it because I could. Regardless of who it was." Mari sighed as she ran a hand through her hair. At least they were talking.

"There is something you can say." Mari added simply. "When we realize we've done something wrong. we apologize. Then move forward. In saying that - I was looking at the next scents of the wild quest. Did you want to come with me?"

@Zandra

‘’Jump to conclusions? You cant just investigate every sing…’’ she started but then stopped. There was no point in saying that. Mari would only think she makes up excuses for her actions. ‘’Nevermind.’’ She said and dropped the topic.

Then she asked if Zandra thougth she would team up with the trees. ‘’If it was someone else, no. But after what I said in our last meeting, I wouldn’t blame you for ignoring a request from me. But Im glad you did decided to come.’’ She tried to put on a smile, but it turned out to be a weird grin instead.

‘’When we realize we’ve done something wrong, we sometimes try to put the blame on others. Also, not always does an apology being accepted.’’ Zandra started, kinda telling Mari that Zandra didn’t fully agreed on that. ‘’But today, I do apologise for my actions, and I will try to move forward. Thou it will take some time. But doing this scent of the wild quests should be a good start. I would like to come with you, and hopefully that adventure will continue together.’’

After having spoken to Zandra a few times, Mari noticed she was very....stubborn, and argumentative. She seemed like the kind of person who almost wanted to have the last say - and who struggled to admit fault. She tried to defend her actions by mentioning that one couldn't investigate everything, and whilst that was true. Death and Torture were not light subjects, and were the type of things that naturally would require investigation - even if that investigation was a quick glance at the monument of life. An activity that would take a green player but a few minutes. Mari would have pointed this out, if Zandra had not dropped the topic.  "Right." Mari said, it was better if the topic were left as is, if the two were going to even try and move past it.

"I'm not one to put petty squabbles over saving a life, or helping those in need." Mari said when Zandra explained that she thought Mari would have ignored the call to arms. "Thank you for the apology." Mari said. 

Mari opened up her HUD, "Let's see - you're quite strong, and you're an alchemist - but I should ask anyway- did you need any potions or crystals to buff yourself for the battle? I always buff myself a touch. Since dagger wielders have less base damage." Mari said as she pulled out a damage potion and poured it onto her blade. It was only a single point increase, but those made all the difference.  "Did you need to buff anything before we continue?" Mari asked.

@Zandra

1 x Damage potion T3 used. +1 Damage

• 3 weeks later...

As Mari accepted her apology, a true smile slowly grew on her lips as well as a feeling of relief. This was going way better then she had thougth it woul. Zandra would have thougth it would have been much tenser between them then this. But it felt like it already started to repair itself.

As Mari asked her if she wanted to buff up or anything, she gave her a slight shake of her head. ‘’No I will not take buffs or anything’’ she started. ‘’You will probably think this is stupid but.’’ She took a pause, should she tell it, would it be good or just make her sound that she was think she was to good or something. ‘’Nevermind. I wont buff myself this time. All my current potions and crystals Im stocking up for the floor boss fight or making to supply the guild.’’

She opened up her menues and red thru a quick note she had made before they met. As still scanning thru it she started. ‘’I don’t know how much you have looked into the boss. Not many people have fougth it, so I hvnt been able to find much information about it.’’

@Mari

Mari shrugged when Zandra refused to buff herself. Judging from their previous fight, she was wielding a 2 handed axe - that alone had a much, much higher base damage output than a small handheld dagger. So it was only natural she didn't feel a need to. Mari on the other hand, always had to buff -because if she didn't she couldn't make up for that difference"Difference in weapons I guess." Mari said offhandedly.  They were walking the 10th floor now. Dark, dry dirt crunched beneath their feet. Mari keeping an eye on the quest marker.

Zandra seemed like she was going to say something, but had chosen not to. Mari wasn't one to pry. Whatever was on Zandra's mind, that was her business. "I think a lotta things stupid - but you not needing to buff weapons is not one of them. I know you fight on the frontlines - that's well above the level requirement for this quest. Hell, for anything that could probably spawn on this floor. I know I'm saving the better things for that boss fight too. So no harm, no foul." Mari wasn't really good with words, nor with easing others - those words would have to do for now.

"Lessie..." Mari said, blue eyes on the information in front of her. "I know the event triggers when we're by the Stygian River - it looks like we'll encounter a bunch of warriors before the big beastie of a Leech Lich which has been feeding on them. I don't have any AoE - so when they spawn. How about you use an AoE - and I take care of any stragglers?" Mari offered. It was a tried and true battle technique she had used countless times - the ones with the large areas of attack would go first, and single target users could then aim for whichever had the higher health, allowing the AoE to come back in with a clean sweep. Still, Zandra may not prefer that fighting style. So rather than assume Mari asked for the others opinion.

The opinions of others were important in battle after all.

@Zandra

• 4 weeks later...

Zandra listened as Mari told her that she didnt think that not using buffs is stupid. It felt good. After all, as two tier three players, they should roll thru this quest like it was no problem at all. Honestly, they could probably enter with just vanity weapons and no armor or trinkets and still do fine. Thou that was something she wouldn’t mention to Mari.

She then listened as Mari explained some stuff about when the quest would trigger as well as suggested for Zandra to take out as many as she could with her aoe, then followed up by Mari picking out the survivors with her dagger. Zandra nodded in reply. ‘’Yes, that sounds like a pretty solid plan. Lets go with it. Also lets do this.’’ Zandra held forth her hand towards Mari. Sudddenly Zandra’s hands got a red glow. A second later, Mari’s dagger started glowing red as well. ‘’There, you will do a little bit more damage now. It is not much, but at least its something. It dosent last very long, but I can just refresh it if it runs out.’’

Zandra uses Sharpness. Mari +3 dmg for two(2) turns.

Mari blinked, seeing the familiar glow of the Sharpness skill, she hadn't expected it from Zandra. "Thanks." Mari said as she held out her dagger; soon. Soon she'd change it to something more...powerful. Something that would aid the frontlines rather than inhibit it. "We should get through this pretty quickly regardless though." Mari offered Zandra a small smile. "You kinda cleaved through that first one easily enough. I doubt this one would survive a single around with the both of us teamed up." 

Mari turned from Zandra and shifted toward the spawn point of the Lich guy; as the two women drew closer to the river there was a loud rumble and a groan as four skeletal warriors climbed out of the blood red river. Mari winced. "Gross." She muttered. Their bones were stained green with decay and mold. Thick pieces of grey rotted flesh clung to their ribcages. There were four in total. 

Just as her information had shown. "Right!" Mari said as she took on an offensive position, "You go in with an AoE, and I'll do cleanup, like we planned. We'll have this done quick smart!" 

Her blue eyes shifted back to the warriors. Just behind them, the cloaked black figure of the Lich was seen bubbling out of the water; but neither of the women could hit him yet. The warriors health bars looked...small. "Wow...err maybe you'll get them all in a single hit if you're lucky. Look how small their health is!"

Mari    [H:0/0/0] - HP 1350/1350  | EN: 132/132 | DMG: 16 +3 for 2/2 turns| MIT: 43 | EVA:3 | ACC: 4  | BH: 67 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |
Stygian Warrior 1  HP 100/100  | DMG 25  | MIT: 5 | ACC 1 | EVA: 0
Stygian Warrior 2  HP 100/100  | DMG 25  | MIT: 5 | ACC 1 | EVA: 0
Stygian Warrior 3  HP 100/100  | DMG 25  | MIT: 5 | ACC 1 | EVA: 0
Stygian Warrior 4  HP 100/100  | DMG 25  | MIT: 5 | ACC 1 | EVA: 0

@Zandra

• 2 weeks later...

Zandra nodded in agreement. Yupp, this quest should be like a walk in the park for the two high leveled womens. In her mind, Zandra had often, and today was one of those moments, wished that there was a way to increase difficulty of quest and in that way increase the reward. But that would probably never happen. She looked down on her axe. ''I guess it is time for you to slay undead again.'' she mumbled quietly to it. Just a minute or two later, they reached the quest area. Four skeleton went out of the river. So this was her enemies. With a quick jog she was in the middle of the group where she unleashed hell with her strongest sword art, the explode cataplt. Her two handed weapon cleaved thru each of the undead monsters surronding her. As the attackanimation was complete, she watched as all the skeletons health bars was dropping at the same rate until they reached zero and exploded. ''Yupp, only the lich left now.'' she said with a smile and thumb up to Mari.

Spoiler

image.png.d09d78ec177bb1a5eb6285b5b4bc1d88.png

Stygian warrior 1: 2+3+1=6 Hit 19x14=266-25=241 DMG
Stygian warrior 2: 4+3+1=8 Hit 19x14=266-25=241 DMG
Stygian warrior 3: 2+3+1=6 Hit 19x14=266-25=241 DMG
Stygian warrior 4: 9 Mini-crit! Bleed triggered! Blight triggered! Burn triggered! 20x14=280-25=255 DMG

Mari     [H:0/0/0] - HP 1350/1350  | EN: 132/132 | DMG: 16 +3 for 2/2 turns| MIT: 43 | EVA:3 | ACC: 4  | BH: 67 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |
Zandra [H:0/0/0] - HP 
1785/1785  | EN: 152/174 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 99 | BLT: 72 | ACC: 3  | BH: 88 | BRN: 36 |BLEED: 36 | FLAME AURA: 30 |
Stygian Warrior 1  HP 0/100  | DMG 25  | MIT: 5 | ACC 1 | EVA: 0 -DEAD-
Stygian Warrior 2  HP 0/100  | DMG 25  | MIT: 5 | ACC 1 | EVA: 0 -DEAD-
Stygian Warrior 3  HP 0/100  | DMG 25  | MIT: 5 | ACC 1 | EVA: 0 -DEAD-
Stygian Warrior 4  HP 0/100  | DMG 25  | MIT: 5 | ACC 1 | EVA: 0 -DEAD-

@Mari

Edited by Zandra

"Oh geez...Yeh..." Mari scratched the back of her head, feeling like her dagger was more than a little useless in this fight. Zandra was just able to wipe out the entire squadron that was blocking their path. "That's...really something."  Mari really had to talk to Macradon about changing her weapon. But, now was not the time to worry about that. 

The river rumbled and gurgled, and out from its depths appeared a Lich, its gnarled maw snapping at the air - beady glowing eyes staring down at the menacingly. As it took a step out of the river.. "Urgh.." Mari said as she covered her face. "That is nasty.  I'll go for the big guy, and you get ready in case more of those bony warriors come out!" Mari said to Zandra, she gestured toward the lake, where their bony arms were beginning to emerge from the blood-like river. "It's a good thing we got rid of that first batch, huh?"

Mari charged forward, and went to attack the Lich- unfortunately...UNFORTUNATELY  One of those weird ass bony hands that were reaching out of the water grabbed her ankle. Mari swore as she fell hard to the floor. "AHHH F**KING bony ass Mother F**KER!"  

ID:1581540 BD: 2 -1=1 +4= 5
Action: Charged Eternal Cyclone > Leech Lich   
5 + 16+ 3=24 x 13=312 -25 =287

Mari     [H:0/0/0] - HP 1350/1350  | EN: 132/132 | DMG: 16 +3 for 2/2 turns| MIT: 43 | EVA:3 | ACC: 4  | BH: 67 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |
1785/1785  | EN: 152/174 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 99 | BLT: 72 | ACC: 3  | BH: 88 | BRN: 36 |BLEED: 36 | FLAME AURA: 30 |

Leech: Four «Stygian Warriors» spawn with the boss when the River is found. «The Leech Lich» will consume up to two creatures per turn and will do so whenever it can. If it consumes the a creature, he restores +100 Health and gains +5 Mitigation, +50 Base Health, and +10 Damage. If it lands a hit on the player, «The Leech Lich» will heal a third of however much damage it dealt to the player. Every other turn  two more «Stygian Warriors» will spawn, but there will always be a maximum of four «Stygian Warriors» at any given time.

Protected: «The Leech Lich» cannot be attacked until the other creatures are defeated or devoured by «The Leech Lich». After the original 4 die, «The Leech Lich» is no longer protected.

Undead: Fallen damage has no effect on «The Leech Lich», but Holy damage deals +25 Damage when the enchantment procs.

@Zandra

Edited by Mari

The four warriors that Zandra killed had left the path open for Mari to deal the finishing blow on the boss. If you could call it a boss. In Zandras eyes, it was not more then an annoyance that they needed to get rid of to continue the quest chain. After all, the shadowlings she had slayed was harder to kill then him, and they was there in dozens. Thou she didn’t mentioned it to Mari as the daggerwielder charged the lich. It was in that moment she saw something. Zandra was just going to shout out a warning. But it was to late. A skeleton hadn had grabbed her and made Mari fall. Zandra was just going to advance as tow new warriors appeared infront of her. ‘’For f*** sake. Is this one of these, where they trash will just keep spawning.’’ She in an anooying tone in her voice. ‘’Out of the way!’’ she said and swung her axe, cleaving both of them in a quick swing. Before the attackanimation was finished, she activated her charge skill, bursted forward and dealt a finishing blow to the lich as well. ‘’And stay dead.’’ She said angrily as she spit on the spot where he had exploded. Then she turned back to Mari. ‘’You okay Mari?’’ she asked, still having a tone of annoyance, but not aimed towards her party member.

@Mari

Spoiler

image.png.87c41c0397e5e69d430a10a28acefe8e.png

Leech lich: 6+3+1-1=9 Hit 19+5=24x14=336-25=311 DMG
Stygian warrior 5: 7+3+1=11 Hit 19x14=266-5=261 DMG
Stygian warrior 6: 10 Crit! Bleed triggered! Blight triggered! Burn triggered! 21x14=294-5=289 DMG

Leech Lich             HP 0/250  | DMG 50  | MIT: 25 | ACC 2 | EVA: 0 -DEAD-
Stygian Warrior 5  HP 0/100  | DMG 25  | MIT: 5 | ACC 1 | EVA: 0 -DEAD-
Stygian Warrior 6  HP 0/100  | DMG 25  | MIT: 5 | ACC 1 | EVA: 0 -DEAD-

Edited by Zandra

"UGh...." Mari rolled over after the battle had ended. Lying on her back as she gave a long sigh. "Fine..." She muttered bitterly. "Embarrassed." She added. "I feel like lucks been against me lately." Mari lifted her dagger to stare at it. Tilting its glinting red blade to and fro. She watched as the lights in the tall cave-like ceiling bounced off the reflection of the blade. "Man...I Didn't do anything in both fights. I get that sometimes, that happens and we can't control it but..." Mari shook her head. "It kinda sucks."

Mari put her dagger away and rolled over to push herself back up. She began to dust herself off. "But...there is no use letting that get us down, is there?" Mari asked with a small grin. "It was a setback, but we were both safe - I mean - the worst thing that could happen really would be me being dragged into that river and its kinda not the first time I've taken a dive into the old Stygian waters." Mari added in a jestful tone.

@Zandra

Zandra’s attention was on Mari as she said she was fine. Thou Zandra wasn’t sure that was the case. But she kept quiet for now and let her continue. As she mentioned she didn’t do anything in both fights, Zandra realized what was embarrassing. A faint blush appeared on her cheeks and she scratched her neck. ‘’Oh. Im ehm…’’ she started carefully. ‘’Sorry about that. It is that thru the time in here Ive got kind of a hate relationship to quests where new mobs just keep spawning like that. Wasn’t meant to… Ehm… I don’t know. Sorry.’’ She answered to Mari’s comments with a nervous tone in her voice.

Zandra walked over to where the lich have died and picked up the two statuettes. She investigated one of them as she went back to Mari and gave her the other one. ‘’Yeah, no use letting that get us down. Let us just look forward to the next battle. Here is the statuette.’’ She said with an agreeing tone and handed her the drop.

@Mari

Mari stared at Zandra for a few moments as she started apologizing. "Zandra..why are you...er - why are you apologizing?" Mari asked. Her confusion quickly became apparent. Zandra thought Mari was lamenting over the fact that she had taken all the glory. Mari snorted as she held in laughter. "Whoa- hang on." Mari held up her hands. "I wasn't like - upset that you took care of it all. If anything. That's great - less work for us to deal with yanno?" Mari said.

"More so - like. Well..." Mari scratched the back of her head. "I just know I can do better. But - I also know that sometimes battles don't go our way - I'm kinda trying to learn to not let things bother me so much."

Mari caught the small idol and placed it in her inventory. "Thanks...Really, I have to agree with you - a lotta these quests are frustrating. I wouldn't do them if I wasn't trying to get stronger. It'd be nice to try and max out my level before the boss fight. I'd feel a little better about it all."

@Zandra

As Zandra had tried to apologise for her stealing the final kill, it made Mari confused at first, followed by a snort. Now it was Zandras turn to be confused. Mari explained that she wasn’t upset for what Zandra did. ‘’What? You think that was, good?’’ she glanced at the spot where the mobs have been a minute ago. ‘’Well, to be fair. Killing these thingies isn’t really something showing that you are better. There will be plenty of better oportunitys for that during the coming quests am I right?’’

It did felt kinda good that Mari as well thougth many off these quests was frustrating, and she wouldn’t do them unless it would make her stronger. She looked down on her black axe with its pulsating, glowing veins. ‘’Yeah, we all need to get stronger don’t we? If I had just been a little bit stronger back then…’’ she said to herself with kind of a sad tone, gritting her teeths.

’No.’’ she said and shoke her head. ‘’Can’t think about that now.’’ She looked back to Mari. ‘’So, what is next on the list?’’ she said with a cheerful smile to hide her feelings that had come out of nowhere. But her eyes still showed traces of it.

@Mari

"I know." Mari said in agreement. "Fighting things - destroying mobs and digital monsters- it's not really a show of power or strength. That stuff ...at least for me, it comes from who you are, and how you act. But...." Mari paused, noticing the change in Zandra's attitude - and her words. REgrets over death - it was a common thing here.

"You know...." Mari began - she wasn't very good with words, so wasn't sure if she would help. Mari approached the now quiet river and dipped her hand gently into the blood red waters. "We all have regrets. We all blame ourselves for things that are quite frankly outta our control. So I guess..." Mari paused. "Don't blame yourself for those things, all we can do is push forward."

"As for what's next...that'd be....err....the fish I think - but I'll be doing that one with Baldur soon." Mari said. She somehow felt a little guilty in saying that. Her and Zandra had already taken care of the first two together - but she had made plans with Baldur before she knew that Zandra even wanted to continue the quest chain.  "After that...is uh I don't remember." Mari opened up her HUD to browse through the quest information she had collected.  "At least this isn't like the dragons, there is no set order for them. But the next two I think are a puma and something called a colossus. Which I don't have a lot of information on, all I know is that one is on floor 19." With a flick of her wrist Mari turned off her inventory.  "Why do you ask? Did you want to do another together?" Mari wouldn't say no - she was just surprised that Zandra would want to, especially after their rocky start.

@Zandra

Zandra gulped as she herd Mari telling her to not blame herself and instead pushing forward. And yeah, she was right, there was only one way if they wanted to beat this game of death, and that was forward. As she herd Mari’s answer to her next question she first got a bit sad. Mari turned her down because she was going to do the next with Baldur. Well, ofcourse she would prefer to do it with Baldur then her. Baldur was a great companion and fun to quest with. And their the two womens start had been, well, maybe not the best. Thou it sounded like she was only planning to do the next one with Baldur, not all them planned, yet. Maybe she would want to. Mari finished off with asking why Zandra had asked what is next. ‘’Oh right, I didn’t really thougth, just because we did the two first ones together dosent mean we do all of them.’’ Anyway, she didn’t really needed Mari to finish the quest. The quest was more a way to have a reason why they adventure together and get to learn eachother better. And that in Zandras opinion, they had. ‘’But yeah. Baldur is a great man. Give him my regards. I guess I have some fishing to do. I wish you the best on your travels. And if you want to do the one on floor 19, I will be there in.’’ she scrolled thru some menues as she thougth. After about half a minute she looked back on Mari. ‘’In four days, on Wednesday I will leave Ralberg at 11 in the morning. If you want to tag along that would be nice, if you don’t, that’s fine too.’’

@Mari