[F04-SP] Third Boss Hunt alone <Avalanche>

"Teleport Snowfrost," as soon as I spoke those word I was teleported to the place I wanted to be at. Floor four, the floor for my next hunt. I was going down the list of monsters I needed to fight in order to gain more EXP as I was fighting other things. It was good to know that somehow I could get more skill points as I levelled up. I need quite a bit if I wanted to become quite strong for sure and over time I need a lot and a lot more for sure. My build wasn't the greatest but I needed the levels to become a better me. As I was on floor four however I felt like I was freezing in my armour. For sure I was not ready for this kind of temperature at all. So I need a plan, And as soon as I saw my chance I went and walked into the plaza looking for a shop to keep myself warm. Looking around for a bit I found myself a shop who sold equipment that protected me against the cold. I was not really prepared for this but I knew that if I was going to be on this floor I would need to gain some more warmth for sure.

Yui's Grace Activated | 3/5 | +1 SP
Slime Farm Activated | Reset 1/6/2020 | +1 SP

LVL 35: HP 700 | EN 70 | dmg 10 | MIT 72 | ACC 1 | REC 2 | HM 2

Edited by Azhoda

Getting into the shop I was greeted by an NPC who seemed happy to help me for sure. She seemed very shocked that I didn't even have some clothing on to protect me against the cold, She walked with me around the store and pointed out some things that I could try. She also said that if I wanted to make sure that I still could protect myself I needed to get something that made sure that I was not covering my armour. Looking around a bit my eyes locked onto a grey robe with hood, the hood itself was covered with orange-like fur and somehow it seemed that in the hood itself there was a slight design of ears on them as well. Taking the robe seemed to fit me fine as it moved around my body closing of most of my body, but still, the woman didn't seem happy and told me that if I was going to go and fight ice elementals I needed something warmer.

She walked me to a different part of the shop, here laid some boots with fur on them. They seemed quite warm for sure and she pointed me to some boots that would surely fit me and my appearance. The boots were red with a black sort metal laid on them. They seemed warm for sure and even protective so why not take them. With both a robe and boots I felt like I was ready to go but she still refused me to go outside with that equipment. I was wondering what she wanted more as she then pointed out that even if I went outside now I still needed something to make sure my legs didn't get cold. Agreeing with her I walked to some of the shop areas and looked around for a second until I fond something that would fit me as well as what was going to be needed for my battle against some sort of ice golem.

I walked outside wearing my new equipment as well as my spear in one hand. With the grey robes around me as well as armoured snow boots I walked outside, I seemed to be a lot more protected than before and my armour was blending nicely with my new items. The Grey robe was handing over my shoulders with a small orange fur around it as well as my official armour heaving the same fur under it now making it seem like one whole thing. With it, I seemed to even walk easily with it and I was ready to get started and find this monster so I could see if I can or could get this level up. I Knew kind of where I needed to go and I was trying to find out where and how I got there faster. This was all because soon it would be night and I had no time for a Night fight in the snow even if the moon reflected the light on the snow. 

Leaving the town behind I notice that the shop of that one person I went to is closed and snow has started to gather quite a bit on the place. It almost seemed abandoned for sure and It may be even so, but for now, I was doing to need to focus on the monster I was hunting. as I left the safe zone I notice that I never have seen so much snow in one place. Sure there fell snow in Tokyo but not this much as on this floor. It was even colder than a Tokyo winter. But logical thinking, it was clear that because Tokyo in the middle of Japan and lots of people live there with people moving things and eat coming from houses and car the Snow had nearly no chance of staying long in areas where I came. Of course, I knew how much It could have been if I went with my mother to Canada for her job, she even showed me pictures of her and a mountain of show. It was fun to see but I was busy with school still and I wanted to focus on that 100% at all cost to make her and my father even happier.

To think about it back then and even now, my mom would still be busy trying to work her ass off with her job, But who knows maybe she even laid down her job for me and came come right away. Of course, at the time that she went away was the time that Sword art Online got released. Knowing that I was in need of some well-earned break my co-workers got me the game and promised if they ever got it themself they would not bother me with questions from work. But thinking about that some of my co-workers had bought this game as well and I didn't even know their name in-game and neither did they know my name. To add more, I never even seen any of them and I was really wondering if they even survived the first day or if they are dead. This got me thinking and wondering about how and if I could help my co-workers if they ever needed help. Of course, I know the current intern, about the age of 19 was a student from the Tokyo international Schoo for foreign students. Very close to my own workplace if you ask me. But he was really hyped about the game and this is what piqued my interest as well.

To say I'm chaotic it an understatement. Sure I never was good at being focused on one thing and then the other but I was always thinking about something, Now for this moment, I was thinking about that intern. Really what if he was in the game and he was stuck. I really liked the kid as he gave quite a bit of creative thinking to the board and seemed to get along with anyone in the project we had. Knowing and wondering why I opened my messages as I was walking. Looking for that one name, Yuuma. 

To: Yuuma

Hey Yuuma,
I know its something that I message you out of nowhere, but could you do me a favour for me.
I'm looking for a player, I don't know his name but I know what he looks like. And don't you Laugh about this.
So He has Dark Brown hair, a bit on the longer side. He is a fan of the Japanese culture but ain't Japanese.
I may or May not use Daggers, and likes to sneak around, Sorry it sounds fishy but just look for him.

With the message send I was ready to get a message back from him soon as Yuuma liked to tease me when I ever asked from someone and this time it seemed, even more, fishier than other times that I have asked him. but its all now wait and see work.

• 4 months later...

with the message send to Yuuma, the info broker he is, it would probably okay to trust in him he may or may not find him. Even if I didn't know if he made it into the game at all I was sure Yuuma could find the guy. But now there were some other matters at hand, finding this ice sculpture of a monster. It would not be that hard I guess, but I never really knew if this monster is gonna be hard or not. Yuuma was probably one of the few people that I still trusted at this point, sure I met some great people but they all were just some one time go people who helped me in battle. I can't risk anyone dying on my watch ever again.

Knowing where and what to do now I started walking to where the boss would be at and made sure I was ready for is, "Alright, You may not be here anymore Koga but the least I can do is fight for your name, I... I'm not losing another person ever again!" I said slowly to myself as I walked. It may be not clear to a lot but I did feel for people around me, and those who gained my trust like Koga meant a lot to me. He showed someone like him can break threw a thick-headed idiot like me. Hear me now, Calling myself an idiot because I lost someone again. No... I can't sit by and be sad, I have to fight I MUST.

Shion had to keep her head up she was and always has lost someone, first joining this game she lost the people who she joined up with because it seemed logical. But thanks to some errors on her part as well as other members thinking they could do anything ended up killing 50% of the groups she was with. And Now this, Koga was meant to meet up but he never showed up at all, messages didn't get any reaction for days and even Yuuma didn't find anyone. And now thinking about it, her friend she had in her real-life could be in this game as well. It was all to risky and Shion knew that if she became stronger and helped to beat the bosses, it would mean nobody else was gonna be in danger at all. "Come on Shion, head into the game, the boss is not far away anymore, and you can easily beat this one on your own, it is not gonna be hard at all," She said hitting her own cheeks as she walked into a small snowstorm.

Walking for a bit Shion started to see worse as the snow got a bit heavier and her vision became blurry. But that all meant that she was getting closer to the boss and meaning that she would be out of here quite quick as well. If Shion would beat it nobody else had to do it, or at least someone who didn't need to fight a much worse enemy then this. Sure it would respawn again but It also meant that Shion got closer to making sure others did not get closer to the front lines as well. Looking into the info she gained from her friend was easy to understand about 100 HP and his damage was low enough for her own MIT to feel like nothing. Maybe Shion was a bit of a reckless fighter but at least she knew of what she was capable and didn't feel like she would be holding people back.

As the snow got thicker and thicker and Shion had to cover her eyes a bit as she was walking. Looking around was hard and everything looked like it was a monster, from the smallest hills of snow to some small ice pike. Walking for a bit more Shion began to fell the snow beneath her feet become slippery and she kneeled down to feel the snow. Brushing it away she noticed that there was ice, the frozen lake perhaps. 

Not a moment later and in the distance a shadow walked at his with gaining speed. Jumping out of the way she noticed that this shadow was the avalanche she had to fight. She smiled and took out her spear and with a fast movement on her part charged at it with full speed, One stab connected two and three before Shion slammed her spear down on the monster. Just before it could do anything it was already on its knees and it disappeared into the snowstorm becoming one with it.

ID: 168951 | Dimension Stampede Used Against Avalanche
                   BD: 6+1=7 | HIT | 10*15= 150 DMG | CD 9 | + 4 EN |
                   MD: 4 | MISS |

Azhoda: HP 700/700 | EN 70/57 (-17, +4) | dmg 10 | MIT 72 | ACC 1 | REC 2 | HM 2

Avalanche: HP 100/0 (-150) | DMG 40

Edited by Azhoda

Shion looked around and took a bit in, as she stood there the snowstorm around her began to slow down and just a small amount of snow started to fall down slowly. With that is was clear to her that she just killed the boss on her own. With the weather clearing up more now Shion looked at the lake, there was quite a big area that was here and all of this ice, it all meant that beneath this ice would be water. She smiled a bit looking at it, this would have been quite a place to hang out with more people. But ... yea but sadly she didn't have any idea if anyone would even come with her. She has pushed away people as much as she could and she is not planning to drag anyone into it as well. In her eyes it seemed like people always ended up getting killed

Edited by Azhoda

It was a bit said yes but Shion didn't have time to be sad at all she tried to look ahead and think about the changes that still could be. A lot of players out here are still alive and she knew that what she was doing was for the best of people, sure death was part of this game but knowing that people would be saved if she kept fighting gave her hope. Even if a lot of people would like her to just keep save she didn't see that to be an option. The logic behind her plan was to keep people out her way even if it meant hurting them, apart from that is would be quite interesting if people became friends. Even if Koga broke into her shell, she would not want anyone to work close with her. She was scared of getting more people killed, she already did and she also felt like she failed Koga as well.

As she walked Shion in the snow, the wind started blowing more and moved her air around a bit. Part of her hair seems to catch some snowflakes and she looked back where she just killed the monster. She was happy a little bit that nobody risked their lives just to help her. She was not planning to do that anytime soon as she was not gonna risk anyone. She was minding her own business before she got herself a message from someone, she looked up for a second and then looked at the message.

From Yuuma
To Azhoda

Hey Shion,
Quick update, I have asked around for a little time and found out that this discription fits everyoner. Like no joke, I have at least three people who look like this, I may need something esle to find this person for you. Sorry

Dears Yuuma

Looking at it she kind of felt down, "Guess he is right I may need to find some good prove of people who act like him. Guess I have to halt that search for now," She said low to herself as she kept walking looking at hte message, it was clear that she didn't get to look for her friend for a long time as she really didn't have much more information on him as it stands now

She walked looking at the message for a bit, how and why did Shion not know more about her friend, she has seen him so many times and he even got her the game so they could 'relax' a bit getting their, or at least her workaholic behaviour away from her for a bit. She was a bit sad but she yet again hit herself on the cheeks and looked up at the sky where snow was still falling down towards her. "Nope time to be sad! You cant! you have done a lot of things already maybe you can even fight of this moment and find out what happened," She said to herself trying to boost her own emotions up and get something off as well. Shion wanted to focus on being better at a lot of things and she needed to do so to see if she could win this game on her own or does she need people to help her.

It didn't take long more and Shion already saw the safe zone pop into her view, as soon as she touched normal road again the snow stopped and the sun broke past the clouds. it was quite an interesting view to see behind the clouds the sun raised and Shion walking right towards it heading into the safe zone. Sure this didn't take long so that meant that she could just go straight up to the next floor and get herself done with a land shark that was around there. It was still interesting how a Snow floor was beneath a desert floor. Both would have given off quite a great look so far for the times that Shion has been there, and looking at it now those are not the only places she would want to explore a bit just to look around. Maybe one day Shion would lay down the spear for a bit and start exploring and see what to do but right now she needs to focus on getting stronger

• 5 weeks later...

It was a nice thought for sure, exploring things but then she remembered why she stopped exploring and why she wanted to be stronger. That day is still quite clear to her, That day her old party members died because she made some calculations wrong. Not only that but as well that she got them killed so fast and she just got out barely. How did she getaway, it was a cruel fact that she could not get away from, but she needed to keep moving? As she was thinking of this her stomach started to growl as well, she looked down and held her stomach. Guess it was time to get something to eat soon. She held her stomach for a bit and looked around for anything that seemed to be a place she could get some food And not only that what Kind of food as well. Maybe something nice and warm after this fight something to warm up with like, maybe a nice soup or something.

Edited by Azhoda

Walking around for a bit she looked around for a place to get something to eat, it was not that hard but most places sold somethings like meats and themed items. But right now Shion wanted to have a great meal both in meat, greens and maybe even soup. it took her a few minutes to look around until she found a place that spoke to her. It was a nice and calm almost German old west European style building. Entering she could feel the warmth of the place and she looked around. The place seemed to have a hearth as well as some tables and chairs around it. Not many people seemed to be here and Shion took her place in the store, sitting down she looked at the menu and smiled. It was a wide range of all kinds of food, from fries to steak and Chinese food to typical American food. She looked in it like she was in some sort of heaven.

She smiled for a bit looking at the menu and nodded, she called over a waiter who seemed to be there quite fast to take her order. She ordered a cub of mustered soup first then as the next item of food a beef steak well done, with fries and lastly but not least a cub of hot chocolate, because why not it seemed nice. She waited for a bit as she opened her menu to look at her friend list. not many people were in it but the few that were didn't seem to message her for important things. She looked closely looking at a few names, Koga, Baldur, Calrex. Most of these names are just contacts to her but she felt like some of these were friends. Koga seemed to not react to her messages but it seemed a bit off tho but for now, she let is slip. Before she could finish her thought of mind her food was served to her and she started to eat away.

The food seemed nice and Shion started to dig in, The food was looking good and Shion started eating her soup first. it was quite nice having a bit of spice and as well as the good taste of mustard. it was quite warm and She was digging in. it was a good meal indeed and as soon as she got her soup done she started with the steak, eating her troubles away. It was a good meal really and it didn't take long for her to finish her meal completely. Shion leaned back a bit and looked at the things in front of her, it was food yes but not real food she didn't get any fatter or thinner, let's stand getting better. 

But those were thoughts for another day as she took of paying the shop before leaving and went to her home on floor 24. It was better placed to take a little break than any other, it was really anywhere better than this, and as soon as she stepped to the teleporter she called the name of the settlement and teleported away.