Elora's Journal

401640779_High_Elf.Archer_600.2411082copy.jpg.356fc91ac0b6ae07217b6fd38a7836ae.jpgUsername: Elora

Elora's Theme: "Ephemeral Emotion"

Sex: Female

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Height: 5'7

Weight: 140lbs

Build: Pear-shaped body

Eye Color: Light blue

Hair Color: Light green

General Appearance: Elora doesn't change her appearance often since she'd rather not undergo the process of committing to a different look. Low-maintenance styling that she's already familiar with makes up the bulk of her physical appearance and her wardrobe. The back of her hair rests at shoulder length while the front of her hair is usually tied off to prevent it from interfering with her vision. 

Attire: Elora can typically be seen wearing cuffed shorts and a high-necked tank top that she dresses up or down depending on the weather. Sometimes she wears leggings beneath her trousers and gloves over her hands while her shoulders are covered with an insulated cape. She sports a pair of thigh-high leather boots which are surprisingly light and sturdy, considering their height. The belongings she travels with are typically stored in a pouch at her hip.

High_Elf.Archer_600.2883211.jpg.af78c6a2ef6f181de973f35418ee1543.jpg

Speech Characteristics: Elora speaks with a faint Irish accent that becomes more pronounced the faster she talks. She tends to have an air of exhaustion to her voice, as if she has already lost or just never developed interest in a topic of discussion.  

Quirks: Has an impeccable memory for recalling directions, suffers from excessive slouching 

Likes: Gravitating to people who know what they're doing, the flavor of mint, distractions

Dislikes: Over-achievers, repetitive sounds, touchy people, people who ramble

Fears: Emotional disassociation, snake-like creatures

Goals: To befriend others who will value her for the things that she has accomplished.

Profession: Alchemist

FLAWS

Unmotivated/Nihilistic - Elora often has a difficult time seeing the point to many activities, especially ones that she doesn't excel in right away. Even though she wants to achieve her goals, her temperament usually leaves her feeling listless, trapping her in a constant loop of starting and stopping various tasks. Sometimes described as a nihilist, Elora may occasionally downplay certain events or skills as not mattering in the grand scheme of things, no matter how impressive they may be.

Easily Discouraged - Elora is the kind of person who wants to try everything at least once. However, attempting to gain expertise in many activities at once usually spreads her energy and her focus too thin. Rather than investing large sums of time into failing and retrying any one thing, she will simply drop whatever she isn't grasping to move on to a new pursuit. Sometimes these decisions can prevent her from trying out new things on her own, even when she is eager to leave her comfort zone.

anime-high-elf-archer-goblin-slayer.thumb.jpg.c64708622116644db23087d50873f900.jpgProjecting - She has a bad tendency to project the fears and insecurities she experiences on other people. Unable to recognize or come to terms with some of her emotional baggage, she instead claims to see the same manifesting in the individuals she interacts with. This inclination usually arises when she is communicating with people she dislikes, since 'their' flaws are easier to notice.

Imposter Syndrome - Because she is unsuccessful in her attempts to learn new skills quickly, Elora usually finds herself struggling to accept that she is truly qualified to handle anything. She feels that many of her successes can be attributed to luck and fears that her facade of self-confidence will fall apart when others are watching. Although she tries her best to convince herself that mastery will come easily to her, deep down, she worries that she'll exhaust herself of opportunities to excel.

VIRTUES

Exploratory - When she isn't feeling disheartened, Elora is the kind of person who wants to try everything at least once. Leaving her comfort zone re-energizes her and gives her new goals to accomplish. Her passion for learning can motivate her to set out on journeys of self-discovery or to perform tasks in the hopes of bettering her skillset. 

Dedicated - One of Elora's biggest redeeming qualities is that she invests large sums of energy into any task that she deems as rewarding. This can translate to anything from growing a plant in the hopes of eating it or to making life-long commitments to the people that she values. She may not make many commitments, but she won't fall back on the promises she's choosen to make. 

Problem-Solver  - Preferring things that have clear resolutions, Elora often tries to solve her problems quickly and efficiently. Sometimes she will do this by coming up with easy, sometimes rudimentary, solutions to the obstacles that she encounters. Other times, she will evade responsibilities completely to avoid undertaking a role of leadership.

BIOGRAPHY

Elora graduated high school at the top of her class. From the bottom of the roster. Grades didn't come easily for her, and neither did socializing with peers. With no prospects of attending a distinguished college, why would she bother trying to enroll in one at all? After all, it was just a big waste of time and money. Elora wouldn't be fooled by the system. She would learn how to develop a skill and get an occupation doing something she loved. There were just...so many options... She researched what she could do to begin a creative pursuit or to train herself to solve problems with logic. 

The following year came and went so quickly that Elora felt she had no achievements to show for her endeavours. It was becoming increasingly harder to justify the time she committed to trying out any one skill in the hopes it would be 'the one' for her. The motivation she had possessed after graduating was nothing more than an arbitrary expectation at this point. Slipping into a deep depression, she switched on the NerveGear and left all of her fears and failures far, far behind her.

REAL-LIFE APPEARANCE

Spoiler

Ean-JbmU0AIUzNY.thumb.jpg.648facc614de604f28fb8906a69c8594.jpg

CHARACTER ARCS

Chapter I: "A Hopeful New Beginning" (Began July, 29, 2020Elora joins a guild called Firm Anima in hopes of making friends and being able to prove her worth to others.

Chapter 2: "In The Wake of What Remains" (Began May 16, 2021Elora struggles to overcome all of her fears surrounding The Storm of Shadows.

Chapter 3: "To Know My Name" (Began July 28, 2023Elora silences some of her deepest insecurities. She becomes more open and willing to share the details of her real life with the people she trusts.

FAMILIAR

Spoiler

Borris.png.50cc21a9e666f1faee6aa1e7d9ea6c6e.pngElora's familiar, affectionately referred to as "Borris", is a small assembly of misshapen magnetic stones. Although their relationship was rocky at first, they soon started to become close companions. Both share a determined spirit, expressed in opposing ways. While Elora tends to be more spontaneous, Borris seems grounded in his demeanor.

It is not uncommon for this little dude to be found scuttling or rolling around in search of loot -- especially crumbs. He loves to consume whatever spare morsels fall from the hands of players above.

RELATIONSHIPS

Spoiler

3d1d91dc269cdf5bd852345ea90ff025.jpg.9c7a383f9b0763df23a10940984244e3.jpgLiam: Older brother (out-of-game)

I could always rely on Liam until he moved away for university. He was the only one who didn't give up on me no matter how much I screwed up. Now that I'm stuck here, I can only hope that he has. I don't want to be a distraction to his studies or the destruction of his success. 

bf78b9bde986cc157203f0d0071ae30f59d9b0de_full.jpg.75bde3ff73b37e2f93c69371db830981.jpgFreyd: ???

Freyd has this thing about him that makes me feel like I can't let him down. His belief in me succeeding is honestly almost as stressful as it is reassuring. I'm worried that one day he'll realize I'm a lost cause, and that I'm not capable of becoming even half as good a player as he is. There isn't any way he'd be able to read this, is there?

Sinbad_full.747956.jpg.da3f32f56677817ca859007a09238512.jpgJackpot: Acquaintance

So far he seems like a half-decent guy. I wish he would have a little bit more of a back-bone and own up to the fact that he enjoys hanging out with me. 

ef25ec16f8f65ea0a5d1c0c11dbbe675.png.c1262b9fae3dcc61eb4f7a479d27f57f.pngWarren: Acquaintance

I feel sorry for Warren. It seems like he tries really hard but has trouble finding things to show for his effort. Hopefully he'll have better luck advocating for himself in the future. 

Tsurumaru-Kuninaga-WT4yxwmlI-b.jpg.6a3652d021e746bd1211049cd6fd90d6.jpgKiluia: Buddy

Didn't he promise me that he would cook me a mint dessert? He seems confident enough to have perfected his culinary skills by now. Maybe he's just been distracted with other things. 

1718061095_Asirpa_full.2302811copy.png.9ccbb5d0793ba5b9c55cc2264af8edc9.pngAsmura: Acquaintance 

Everyone seems to worry about her because she's a kid, but I think she can probably handle herself. After all, she hasn't been killed here yet. 

Gudako_full.2506351.png.00040e41225bf24497d23e663d169306.pngVie: Acquaintance

Vie is one of those people who cares about Asmura too much. She's basically a helicopter mom. Probably just misplaces her concern because she has trouble dealing with her own problems.

354117121_27aa5d300be3a49ca608a8fb9b1fc00f(1).jpg.cc6188a2c51095c5b37db1c126324a59.jpgKatoka: Best Friend

Katoka is nice but seems really unsure of her potential. I think she needs to learn how to stick up for herself when other people won't be around to help her. I know that she can handle a fight, but I don't think she realizes that that same confidence can apply to other areas of her life.

MUSCIAL THEMES

Spoiler

Elora's Theme: "Ephemeral Emotion"

Róisín's Theme: "Green Memories"

Battle Theme: "Spear Wielder"

Other songs:

Edited by Elora
base dmg changed to 2; im really itching to approve this but its marked under construction now...

LEVEL - 33

PARAGON - 9

TIER - 4

HP - 720

EN - 106

DMG - 26

MIT - 98

EVA - 3

ACC - 8

BATTLE HEALING - 35

LOOT DICE - 3

AA

BLGT 32

FLN - 8

REC - 8

STK - 40

SKILLS

Non-combat: Searching R3

Passive:

Combat: Battle Healing R5, Charge, Energist

Armor Skills: Light Armor R5

Weapon Skills: 2H Assault Spear R5 (+5 base damage)

Blast (2 Energy +2 per target hit) - A pair of horizontal sweeping strokes that hits multiple targets.

Straight (2 Energy) - Begins with the player bending their knees before thrusting forward with a singular powerful strike covering the gap between you and your opponent.

1516840020_EloraT2Armor.thumb.jpg.7464309b40803f01277302674f37a044.jpgINVENTORY

Weapons: "Essential Verdigris" (T4 Dem Polearm | AA | BLGT | FLN | STK)
A sage-tinted silver spear with a long and twisted staff resembling vines. Its arrow-headed tip stretches further than a normal spear, brandishing a series of fine serrations down the length of its razor edge. Two large barbs protrude from beneath its blades, offering extra stabby-stabby potential if Elora gets bored with using it normally.

Equipment:

[EQUIPPED] Defense Mechanism | T4 Demonic Light Armor | MIT 2, REC 2
Crafting ID: 213911
An armored set of obsidian-colored greaves, gauntlets, and breastplate. The smooth outer rims of each curvaceous segment are purposely interrupted by decorative spikes. Comparable to the thorns of a rose, they seem to suggest a level of care is to be taken before approaching its wearer.

[EQUIPPED] Emerald | T4 Demonic Trinket | ACC III, EVA I 
Crafting ID: 214317-3
A small green gemstone symbolizing unity, compassion and unconditional love

[EQUIPPED]  Laurel Wreath (Earn Col equivalent to 15% of player’s EXP earned in thread)

---

"Skirmisher's Garb" (T3 Perf LA | MIT 2 | EVA 1)

"Black Zephyr's Zeal" (T3 Perf Trinket | ACC 2 | REC 1)

"Justicar’s Vambraces" (T1 Rare trinket: KEEN 1 | ACC 1)
Acquisition ID: #152309 | Identification ID: #152736 & #152737
A pair of hardened steel vambraces each engraved in minute script with the first one hundred names on the Monument of Life.

"Auspicious Gi" (T1 Rare Light Armor: Light Momentum 2 | +8 MIT)
Acquisition ID: #152782 | Identification ID: #153315, 153316
Commonly worn by novices during the initial stages of martial arts training, this particular garment is made in the Japanese cut using fine white cotton reinforced with heavier than normal thread, enabling its user to exert greater force without the risk of embarrassing fashion failures.

T1 amulet (EVA 1)

Items: 

Spoiler

19 Tier 1 Materials

T1 Healing Potions x8 | Effect: Heals 50 HP

Uncommon DMG Potion | Effect: Adds +1 DMG

T1 Overhealth Potion | Effect: Adds +50 Overhealth

Fish - Item Type: Snack | Effect: Adds +1 BD for one Thread

Poached Egg - Item Type: Meal | Effect: Adds +2 Accuracy

Lavender Lemon Bar - Item Type: Dessert | Effect: Adds +2 Evasion

Lemon Berry Palmiers - Item Type: Dessert | Effect: Adds +3 LD

Well-Done Steak - Item Type: Meal | Effect: Adds +2 Protein

Venom Snapper - Item Type: T1 Uncommon Potion | Effect: Reduces the duration of a single Poison, Bleed, or Paralysis effect by one turn. If used out of combat, reduces the duration of the next Poison, Bleed, or Paralysis effect that would affect you by one turn.

Spyglass - Item Type: Consumable [2/3 Charges] | Effect: Use to reduce the number of posts required to search for a dungeon or familiar by 5 posts. Effect lasts for one thread. Item is destroyed once all charges have been used.

Burning Determination - Item Type: Unique Salve | Effect: Adds +1 Burn

Gold Star Stickers x1 - Item Type: Tier 1 Unique Consumable | Charges: 3/3 | Untradable.
Effect: +1 DMG, +1 LD or +15MIT for one thread. Stacks on top of other food/alchemical consumable buffs, but does not stack with Scent of the Wild totems.

Milky Way Rail Blueprint x1 - Item Type: Tier 1 Unique Consumable
Effect: +1 CD to a day's worth of crafts or item identifications.

Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree
Effect: +1 CD/LD to a combat roll once per thread. Can be applied after a roll, but not after the combat turn to apply the CD/LD bonus has passed.

Handwritten Letter of Appreciation x1 - Item Type: Tier 1 Unique Consumable
Effect: Allows its user to change the name and/or description of an equipment piece.

Memory of Champions Lost [Consumable]: Lasts 1 thread. | Effect: Treat all scaling enhancement slots on a single piece of equipment as Tier 2 for the duration of the thread. Item has no effect beyond Tier 1.

Single Tent – (@ 440 col) Item Type: Consumable | Effect: One player uses a post action to use the tent. Grants -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat. Effect lasts for one thread.

Water Canister – Item Type: Consumable [3 Charges] | Effect: Grants +(5 *Tier) health regeneration while out of combat. Effect lasts for one thread. Item is destroyed once all charges have been used.

Teleportation Crystal – Item Type: Crystal
Effect: Use a post action to activate a teleport crystal. Teleports the player to the town or designated teleportation area they specify.

Bottled Shadows -- Item Type: Consumeable
Effect: A vial filled with a black, tar-like substance. When consumed, it causes chills, and often a brain-freeze. Can be used to re-roll a LD of 1 (after the roll is made, in the same post).

Total Money: 102,994 Col

Money Spent: 6,560 Col

Total EXP: 76,421 EXP

Mats: 42

Edited by Elora

INTERACTIONS & ENCOUNTERS

Spoiler

The First Few Lessons Are Free : Warren

Earning a Living : Jackpot

Worn Out Welcome "Foraging & Forging" : Recon, Lessa

The Ultimate Showdown : A Lot

The Gemini 

Aincradian Sandshrew : Night, Cordelia, Zajcica

Earning a Living: Cook : Kiluia, Freyd

The Second Lesson "Pigs A-Plenty" : Freyd

The Third Lesson "A Copper Rose" : Freyd

The Fourth Lesson "Fishing for Compliments" : Freyd

Tanabata : A Lot

Night At The Galactic Lake : Dazia, Vigilion

Venemous Warg : Freyd

Let There Be Light : Kiluia, Vie, Asmura

Feeding Your Enemy "A Rocky Relationship" : Freyd

Dragon Hunter Anthology Part I: The Emerald Hatchling : Katoka, Freyd

Seige the Day: The Battle at Tanabata : A Lot

Dragon Hunter Anthology Part II: The Quartz Hatchling : Katoka, Freyd

Dragon Hunter Anthology Part III: The Opal Hatchling : Katoka, Freyd

Dragon Hunter Anthology Part IV: The Diamond Hatchling : Katoka, Freyd, Haine

Treant Rivalries "All Bark, Little Bite" : Katoka, Chaser

"On Treacherous Tides" Halloween Special Dungeon : A Lot

Training Your Friend "A Quarry-some Couple" : Katoka

Long Live the Queen "Hook, Line, and Stinger" : Kiluia

Fixing Freyd's Cloak : Setsuna (#124 - #130)

Dragon Hunter Anthology Part V: The Topaz Hatchling : Katoka, Freyd, Haine

A Possible Reckoning : Members of Firm Anima

Secret Medicine of The Forest : Grimm, Freyd

Storm of Shadows : A Lot

Avalanche "The Winter from Within: Freyd

Trepidation of Transition : Katoka

Regret & Reservation : Freyd

Dragon Hunter Anthology 1 : Freyd, Katoka

"A Cuppa Tea" : Freyd

"A Body in Motion" : Salem

"Cooking With Friends!" : tricolor_mina, Freyd, Akane

"Raid Meeting" : A Lot

"Paving the Way to Floor 28" : A Lot

"Paving the Way to Floor 28" (Team Freyd, Raid Boss) : Freyd, Katoka, tricolor_mina, Morningstar, Hirru

"Break Time in Paradise" : Freyd, Katoka

"Ominous Omens" : Freyd, Oscar

"A Place to Call Home" : Freyd

COMPLETED QUESTS

Spoiler

Earning a Living: Alchemist

Secret Medicine of the Forest

The First Few Lessons Are Free

The Second Lesson, Is Also Free

The Third Lesson, Is Just As Free

The Fourth Lesson, Is Actually Free

Night About the Galactic Lake