[F22 - PP] <<Witch of the West>>

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+92 HP] Holy Blessing [+48 HP]

Action: Basic attack vs. Witch - ID# 151413 results: Battle: 2 - Miss

[H:4/4/4/22] Shield: HP: 1850/1850 | EN: 156/176 | DMG: 2 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 181 | BH:92 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4
[H: 0/0/0/17] Yuki: 720/720 | 60/66 | DMG: 5 | MIT 81 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 3| THN: 18 | BLD: 24

Elite Flying Monkey 1: 0/220 | 90(45) | MIT: 35
Elite Flying Monkey 2: 0/220 | 90(45) | MIT: 35
Elite Flying Monkey 3: 0/220 | 90(45) | MIT: 35
The Witch: 111/700 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 70 | EVA: 1 | [ENV - 18/2]

Witch attack vs. Shield - MOB: 7+1=8 - Hit! 100-181=50 min dmg [THN - 99 dmg]

Shield gasped and coughed for a second, his back hunching as he doubled over for a moment. With a loud gasp, he shook himself off and brought up his defenses for battle. "Christ in a handbag, that never stops feeling weird!" he said, giving one final little shudder before testing out all of his limbs. "I mean, I've felt worse things in this game, but I'll still pass, thank you very much."

With that, he locked his dark eyes onto the witch and rushed in, taking a cross step before slashing at her with his blade. He missed by several inches, but the witch, stepping in to retort, was another story. Her claws raked across his chest, immediately blanketing her hand in the same hatched pattern of angry red marks from the flames and thorns that guarded Shield.

The witch stopped, her arms falling to her sides and her face falling, pointing towards her own feet. "You know, it didn't have to be this way..." she said, reaching into her robe and pulling out a potion. She gripped the stopper with her teeth and ripped it out of the neck. Spitting the cork out, she downed the potion in one gulp, and she began to cackle madly, her body beginning to glow with a faint green light. "You fools! You didn't know what you are in for! But behold... I am now... SLIGHTLY HARDER TO HIT!"

Edited by Shield
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yuki face palmed at the witch's pitiful attempts to sound threatening. This was probably one of the most annoying bosses that she had met to date. The Hebi was pretty bad because it ate her sure, but at least it didn't needlessly lecture her on how it was going to kill her and all this other dumb [censored]. 

With that, the paladin notice Shield was back to his feet. "Good, I was beginning to get worried that the effect might be a special one. I've been afflicted with every status effect in this game, but paralysis is one that terrifies me especially." She explained. Now that she knew Shield was alright, she could focus more on the fight. Her grip on her giant lance tightened as she reared it back for the attack. Lance pushed forward and in an amazing feat of dexterity, the witch somehow used her tiny dagger to deflect her attack. She cackled crazily.

"I told you I wont be hit that eas-" The witches voice was cut off by a fist to the face. Yuki's gauntleted hand pounded the bosses nose in. "Will you shut up already and die! I didn't come here to listen to your rambling all night!"

image.thumb.png.bfc64f13ee2d4369674a97d7eda2c117.png

[H:4/4/4/22] Shield: HP: 1850/1850 | EN: 156/176 | DMG: 2 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 181 | BH:92 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4
[H: 0/0/0/19] Yuki: 720/720 | 60/66 | DMG: 5 | MIT 81 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 3| THN: 18 | BLD: 24

The Witch: 110/700 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 70 | EVA: 1 | [ENV - 18/2]

Edited by Zajcica

Coming across a large hallway of rooms made the ginger haired girl's head spin. It seemed never ending with doors on every side, no indication of where they actually led to on the outside. Annoyingly enough, she felt as though it was made to intentionally confuse trespassers and make it difficult to find anything for looters like herself.

On a whim, the girl opened one of the doors attempting to find anything useful at all. She swung the heavy wooden door open to reveal a horrid abomination that was nothing but goo and slime with massive eyes and a mouth. Her eyes widened in fear as the things massive eyes laid gaze on her. Quickly, she closed the door and started to run the opposite direction. Bleach and boiled water would be necessary to wash that awful memory from her brain. Luckily, the monster had no intention of chasing her down, thank god.

image.thumb.png.653913fe737f9e0c9014a7ac0ab23f33.png

No chest found.

Edited by Shye

Action: Basic attack vs. Witch - ID# 151448 results: Battle: 2

[H:4/4/4/23] Shield: HP: 1850/1850 | EN: 156/176 | DMG: 2 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 181 | BH:92 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4 [PAR/1]
[H: 0/0/0/19] Yuki: 720/720 | 60/66 | DMG: 5 | MIT 81 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 3| THN: 18 | BLD: 24

The Witch: 92/700 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 70 | EVA: 1 | [ENV - 18/4]

Witch attack vs. Shield -  MOB: 10+1=11 - Hit! 100+2-181=50 min dmg

They were in the home stretch now. All it would take was one prick of Shield's thorns, and the witch would be finished. He pressed the attack, making sure to keep the pressure on so that Yuki would not pull too much focus onto herself. He stepped towards the witch, slashing at her middle with his blade. She easily danced out of range.

That's fine. As long as I can keep the pressure on, I'll be fi-

Shield felt the familiar prick of the witch's dagger as it slid between his ribs. A fresh paralysis symbol appeared in his HUD. Had he the ability to expand and retract his chest, he would have let out the most exasperated of sighs, but that was definitely not the case. The witch's laughter rang off of the stone walls, and she danced and skipped about the battlefield, jumping up and clicking her heels. For the moment, all Shield could do was watch her gambol about and wait for the timer to run out.

"Ffff'g."

Edited by Shield

Another stab from the witch's poison dagger sent Shield into his paralytic state again. Yuki's expression strained instantly. No matter how safe Shield was from the witch's attacks even when he can't move, she wasn't going to allow her to have her way. She stood over Shield, ready to make her next attack with her dagger before getting completely shoulder checked. The force of the paladin's shoulder knocked her to the ground. Following up her attack, she stabbed her spear into the witch's stomach. The bleed effect reappearing as she twisted the weapon into her body.

"That's enough of that you little [censored]!" She said knocking the dagger out of the hag's hand with her boot. The witch's tone groaned under the pain her dagger was causing her. Yuki would have to distract the witch for a moment while Shield worked his paralysis effect off. "You're done here! Give up!"

image.thumb.png.434e767d4479397d2cc674ec00a33fbb.png

[H:4/4/4/23] Shield: HP: 1850/1850 | EN: 156/176 | DMG: 2 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 181 | BH:92 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4 [PAR/1]
[H: 0/0/0/22] Yuki: 720/720 | 60/66 | DMG: 5 | MIT 81 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 3| THN: 18 | BLD: 24

The Witch: 91/700 (-1)| DMG: 100 | MIT: 70 | EVA: 1 | [ENV - 18/4] | [BLEED: 24/2]

Edited by Zajcica

Further down the hall, Shye found herself back in the main hall. The building was one giant loop on the first floor. Figuring that the two were likely getting close to finishing the witch by now, it was safe to assume that she should meet back up with them. She found the stairs where she could just barely make out the sounds of combat and the pink haired girl's voice screaming at something. Too muffled to make out what she was saying though.

The redhead found the closet that she hid in before and locked herself inside once more. No chest in this room this time, but it looks like she was able to find some materials where it was at least. She pulled up her menu and found her messages with Shield so she could tell him where she was. 

@Shield

Hey, I've ran around this entire building while you guys were fighting. I couldn't find a chest today, but I have found a few materials and I'm... uh, 'borrowing' some useful things from the witch for my shop in the future. I'll meet you guys at the bottom of the stairs when you're finished, just let me know.

Shye

image.thumb.png.8e3c033d191c4e85ff3d4e1345ce1539.png

LD: 19+3
Materials Found: 7

Edited by Shye
  • 4 weeks later...

Action: PARALYZED!

[H:4/4/4/23] Shield: HP: 1850/1850 | EN: 156/176 | DMG: 2 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 181 | BH:92 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4 [PAR/0]
[H: 0/0/0/22] Yuki: 720/720 | 60/66 | DMG: 5 | MIT 81 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 3| THN: 18 | BLD: 24

The Witch: 0/700 (-1)| DMG: 100 | MIT: 70 | EVA: 1 | [ENV - 18/3] | [BLEED: 24/1] 

Attack vs. Shield - ID# 154252 results: MOB: 7+1=8 - Hit! - 100-181=50 min dmg, [THN - 99 dmg]

Shield remained frozen in place. The witch watched as her dagger spun across the floor and t"urned her head back to Yuki, her eyes flashing menacingly. The corners of her triumphant lips twisted into a deeper smile and she slowly opened the front of her cloak. Laughter began to spill from her wicked lips. "You think you've accomplished something?" she spat mockingly. The sides of her robe opened to show row after row of daggers that lined her garments, both on the inside of her robe and on her belt and down the sides of her legs. "You've got no shot to disarm me. Sorry, I came to this fight prepared." She began to pace, ignoring Yuki now as she revealed her checkmate move,. "You fools thought it would all end the same... a slow grind to my eventual death but not this time!"

Shield's eyes rolled in his sockets and he watched the witch pace. Along the floor, which was now strewn with debris from the battle, Shied noticed a single banana peel, presumably dropped by on of the monkeys during the attack. "Yes, you have your little tricks, but I have you this time. This time is different. This time I OOP-"

The witch's foot slid on the peel and she crashed into Shield. The last of hear health drained away by the pricking of his thorns. "Oh, come on!" With that, she burst and the glowing polygons melted into the air like sublimated snow.

Edited by Shield

Once the fight was done and the witch had met her comedic demise, Yuki sighed under her breath. Thank god that was finally over. There was no way Yuki was going to be able to handle that witch's incessant nagging any longer. Shield's paralysis still seemed to be affecting him and she was thinking of getting him an antidote, but a quick inspection of her consumables menu confirmed that she wouldn't have anything to help him.

Once he was finally unfrozen, the paladin gave him a grin. "Sorry if my tanking abilities made it difficult to do your work. I will make sure that it doesn't happen the next time that we quest together." It was then Yuki looked up to her HUD and remembered the lower leveled player that Shield had brought along with him. She was probably still hiding for her life from any unwelcome mobs. "Oh hey, we should probably go meet up with your rookie guild mate."

Getting comfortable in the closet was hard considering how small it was, but still she could hear the group of mobs that were sent to deal with the healer flying around just outside the door. If only the witch had made them smart enough to check doors, they might actually look in here and find her. Alas, that would be too smart for them apparently.

Looking at her menu, awaiting any message from her guild leader, Shye took a seat on the ground, trying to make herself as comfortable as possible. The last time that they had fought this stupid witch, it had taken Shield forever to do away with her and she expected to keep lasting longer at this rate. If only she could make some attacks, she wouldn't have to be running around like this. Or hell, even if she was just a little bit tougher, she could be upstairs helping the two of them somehow. Situations like this made the girl feel kind of useless.

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

Swapping Gear:

-Stinging Nettle
+Seeking Aura

As Shield's function finally returned to his body, his shoulders relaxed, rolling back slightly as he returned to his full height. "Man, if there is one thing I won't miss once all of this is over, it's status effects like those." He turned to Yuki and gave her a brief nod. "It's not a problem," he said in response to her apology. "Knowing how you're spec'ed now, it just took a minor adjustment of strategy and we got where we needed to." Striding over to the case of sundry potions that lined the witch's far wall, Shield found the familiar tincture which had been their goal for the journey and picked up all three bottles, tossing one to Yuki. "One of these days, we'll be able to tackle this quest without it taking so long, eh?"

Shield took a moment, thumbing through his menu and swapping out his defensive damage for his standard loot gear. He gave another nod at the mention of Shye, and pulled open a dialog box, penning a quick message to her, confirming that the battle was over and asking for her location. He sent the missive and closed out of his menu. "Of course. We'll head back towards where we parted and track her down." With that, he made for the exit, lifting the heavy trap door and waiting for Yuki.

Once the door was opened, Yuki hopped down the stairs from the hatch and made her way down to the foot of the first level. The sound of wings and screeching monkeys filled the air as the barreled around the corner towards her. Yuki stood behind Shield as they all barreled into the hulk of a man and exploded against his thorns. She sighed in relief as all them exploded against his thorns instantly. The sounds dissipated from the hallway with that.

"Well, she shouldn't be far from here if she was just hiding. Wonder if she found you another chest like she did before." The sound of a door squeaking open caught her attention. It was Shye coming out of one of the rooms near the stairs. Yuki gave her a smile and a wave as she made her way out and back to the party, seemingly unharmed from them leaving her alone.

The closet was dimly lit for the girl, but thankfully it kept her safe from the monkeys that were under the witch's command. If she was just a little stronger, she could probably handle them without a problem, but taking that risk was a little to dire for her.

A message popped up on her screen with the notification that combat had finally concluded and Shye could leave her hiding spot. She stood from her seat in the closet and unlocked the door, peering into the hallway just in time to see the monkeys explode into data and it was finally quiet.

"H-Hey guys, did you get the thing you were coming for? That potion thing right?" She asked returning to their sides. Thankfully she hadn't gotten hurt during this entire ordeal and it was thanks to her wits and maybe a bit of luck that the monkeys were pretty much completely stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

"Indeed we did," he said with a nod, walking over to the door where she stood and patting a heavy, gauntleted hand on her shoulder before walking towards the door. "Anything interesting this time, Shye?" His hands brushed at his chest where the most recent batch of low-leveled monkeys had met their fate. He knew he wouldn't feel any dust or anything of the like, but it was one of the little residual things leftover from the real world. When something hit - or exploded on - you, there was an automatic instinct to try to wipe away whatever might have been left in the contact.

"I think we need to rethink our strategy for this quest going forward," he said with a slightly regretful smile. "While it is certainly possible to complete it, it is certainly not pleasant to do so. I'm sure once Yuki has a few more levels under her belt and Shye has a few more hitpoints, we can swap things up, Yuki can tank, and I can worry about buffing and healing." He stretched his arms out, followed by a brief roll of his neck. "Despite me dragging you along on quests that we weren't specced for, you both have done well keeping up and surviving. Well done."

• 1 month later...