[F01/21-PP] Working the Fields <<Nature's Treasures>>

Spoiler

ID# 149117 results: Battle: 7 Craft: 4 Loot: 14 MOB: 9

1 [T3 Material] Found!

Totals:
2 [T1 Materials]
6 [T3 Materials]

The sword that came her way struck panic in her eyes. Sitting down, all she could do was lean away and hold a hand to cover her face. Yet, it landed unceremoniously beside her and more than safely away from her. Snow scrunched her brows and pursed her lips at a man all too relaxed and nonchalant to mind her. She sharply pushed out her breath through her nose and turned her eyes to the blade. Battered, beaten, worn, and weathered, the blade barely resembled a warrior's weapon. She picked it up in her hands. She looked up and down, but all she could think was...

This is nothing special...

Despite its lack of luster, it surely had more than a history. 

"I don't see anything." Snow said. She realized that not everything in this game was as it seemed. A pebble could increase a player's parameters. But for someone on the front lines, this weapon looked used. It looked like something a player carried from day one.

"What's special about it? Is it a rare item?"

She saw his last catch and felt a small bit of envy. The urge to take up fishing pushed itself up a few notches on the priority list. With catches like that, Snow's shop would have tons of customers. His catch momentarily brought her eyes to an oddly pristine and interestingly shaped crystal by her thigh. It wasn't something she could use to cook with but the deep purple hue and geometric facets were eye-catching. Perhaps someone could fashion it into some jewelry or facet it into some equipment. Snow shrugged and placed it in her inventory for safe keeping.

"Wait," she paused. "What's your point?"

Edited by Snow
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 149140 results: Craft: 6 [1 Material found]

Total Loot:

T1 Materials: 6
T3 Materials: 13

"Precisely," Shield said, reaching out for his sword to take back from her. "It serves no real purpose other than to parry. I haven't made a single attack in a boss fight in all my time on the lines," he said, and not an ounce of shame in his eyes for it. "I'm completely defensive, with a little support to keep me busy while I'm in there. My main job is to take the hits and then pump up the DPS so they can do their job at the best of their ability."

He took up his rod once again and lined up his cast, this time aiming further to the left to get to a fresher side of the lake. "My point is, you don't need to be rolling in there any certain way. If you're cut out to survive, which any tank is when properly geared and at the proper level, then you can survive to take the heat off of the others. We all have jobs."

Shield began to reel in his line again. Half way back, his pole bowed forward, and he had to work just a little harder, but this time the fish came without much of a fight. It was much smaller and much weaker, and it gave up quickly once on the shore.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 149252: || BD: 5 || CD: 10 || LD: 5 || MD: 7 ||

Wait... He's never attacked a boss? Wha-- How?

She looked at him completely confused. Was that possible? She looked at her own armor. Plates covered hips, shoulders, chest, arms, and lower legs. Cloth and ornate filigree covered the rest. She looked to his, but nothing particularly stood out. By all means, Shield just looked like an adult who simply picked whatever armor was available. Which, by what she could tell by now, matched his easygoing personality.

"I didn't know you could do that..." Snow remarked. She felt so incredibly naive. Then the realization hit her.

"Hold on, you mean to tell me that you just let floor bosses hit you the whole fight?" Her imagination ran rampant with all manners of towering beasts and horrors beating and bludgeoning this man. Blow after blow that could dash her to the winds but he could stand in defiance. Her imagination swapped her in his place, standing defiant. It filled her with a sense of hope muddled by her fear and anxiety.

"H-how? Aren't you scared?"

Edited by Snow
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 149258 results: Craft: 2 [0 Materials found]

Total Loot:

"The long and short of it is that I've given myself every defensive capability that SAO has to offer," he said with a shrug. "If I can't survive against a boss long enough to teleport out in the case of an emergency, then nobody can." As he spoke, he checked his fishing pole, testing each of the joints where parts were attached. He wasn't wholly sure if this would fall into disrepair like real world piece of equipment, or if it would just degrade and eventually snap over time, but it couldn't hurt to check.

Once he was satisfied it was in good working order, he cast his line out once again. "But yes, I do get nervous sometimes in those fights. There have been fights where without a proper healer, I would have eventually lost." Shield reeled in his line speeding up and slowing down at odd intervals to help convince the fish in the lake that it was lively and worth eating. "But we would never go into a fight unprepared without a proper healer."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 149260: || BD: 5 || CD: 1 || LD: 15 || MD: 7 ||

+2 [T3 Materials] Found!

Total:
2 [T1 Materials]
8 [T3 Materials]

Healing? Another concept Snow had not considered. Given her low level, the ability to branch out and specialize didn't feel like much of an option. All she currently needed to worry about was survival. Yet, the idea of healing appeared to her. What a better way to help people other than to keep them alive?

"I--" Snow paused on the statement. She worried he would judge her on her naivety. Yet, she felt comfortable enough around him to let it go. "I didn't think healing was a thing here. I mean, I know there are potions, food, and special armor that heals. I just didn't think you could use them on another person in a fight. But, I guess, when the bosses hit hard and they're focusing on you, there isn't much room to grab a bite, is there?"

She laughed at her own statement. Then again, if he could stand against the blows of the worst things on Aincrad, he could likely scarf down a granola bar or energy drink in the midst of being wailed on. Given how laid back he was, Snow could visualize it.

The thought spurned her into a laugh that closed her eyes. After a short while, she shook her head and dabbed her eyes dry.

"I could see it though," she giggled. "I guess I still have a lot to learn."

But I think I'm getting more comfortable knowing what to do... Thanks, Shield. She kept internally.

@Shield

Edited by Snow
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 149263 results: Craft: 2 [0 Materials found]

Total Loot:

Shield passed his fishing rod into his left hand so he would be free to open his menu with the other. He scrolled through the list of available skills and stopped part way down. "Right here," he said, tapping the skill with his finger. "It's called First Aid. It's actually incredibly useful, because even at low levels, a healer can still be of use to stronger allies. The amount healed is a percentage of the target's maximum health, not the healer's level. Once you have the skill maxed out, assuming you can survive the splash damage of a boss, you're more or less ready for the front lines."

He swiped to the side, showing a branching tree of the 'First Aid' skill mods. "Once you take first aid, it also allows you access to a mass heal, Field Medic... and some skills to aid other players in the fight..." Shield's fingers continued to walk the list down the screen. "Barrier blocks small amounts of damage on your full party.... Sharpness increases a single ally's damage by a considerable amount... Purify removes any status ailments or delayed damage..." He paused, allowing Snow more time to look over the skills more closely. "Then on this other skill, there are options for replenishing others' energy pools, so they can keep up their damage output. Healing is a diverse set of skills, and can be quite rewarding. It allows players who don't like being the focus of attacks and who aren't interested in being in the boss' face to be valuable... incredibly valuable, honestly."

Dismissing the menu, Shield sat passing the fishing rod back and forth between his hands. "To tell the truth, Snow, our biggest problem on the lines is that we only have one healer... which means if we send more than one party, we're short a valuable part of the team on every party but one." He reeled in his line. Nothing was biting at the moment anyway. "If there's one issue Jacob's Ladder hopes to address, it's getting more support players on the lines. We're honestly in a bad way right now."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 149265: || BD: 8 || CD: 6 || LD: 12 || MD: 5 ||
1 [T3 Materials] Found!

Results:
2 [T1 Materials]
9 [T3 Materials]

Snow nodded and watched as he went through the menus. She didn't know there was a healing class. It perked her interest. As he went through the list, it began to make her think of the amount of effort it would take. Would she still be able to do quests by herself or would she need help? Healing appealed to her, but she worried about her longevity.

"Hmm..." Snow looked out to the lake and pondered. Her gaze drifted down, toward her feet where she noticed another glint of crystal. She bent forward and picked it up in her fingers. This time, it looked like a cluster of inverted cubes. Instead of clear, the green formations were murky as though tea with milk. It reminded her of a pendant Galilea gave her. Perhaps it was the same kind of stone? Maybe she could ask her to make something of it?

"I think I like the idea of healing," Snow admitted. "But I'm also worried about not being able to defend myself."

She turned back to Shield and stretched a little bit. She shifted herself around on the shore.

"Is there something like... a tanky healer? Or... like a healer that can apply status effects? Something with more utility?" She had no idea what she was talking about or if she was wording it right. She did know, however, this was a game of trade offs.

"I... I don't want to always have to rely on people. But I do want to help and protect them..."

@Shield

Edited by Snow
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 149266 results: Craft: 6 [1 Material found]

Total Loot:

T3 Materials: 14

Shield cast out his line just as Snow began asking him about builds. As she mentioned being interested in healing, he felt relieved. Even if she wasn't someone who made it to the front lines, there was at least proof that players still wanted to be healers. He felt a tiny nibble on the end of his line and reeled it in hastily, storing away his catch with a practiced, mechanical familiarity to the task before opening his menu and creating a blank document.

"Well, the good news I have for you is that of all the essential builds, it has the smallest SP cost and the fewest number of required enhancements to invest." He drew four columns, each with three lines for text. "The only enhancement that is really specifically for support players is 'Life Mending,' which enhances the effects of healing items you use. At most, you can have two slots of it." He penciled in 'Life Mending' twice on the first column. "That leaves you two whole pieces of equipment, your choice of famliar, and even another slot leftover on the first piece of gear you have. That can go towards being anything else you want to be. If you want to be a heal tank you would be a very valuable player to have around."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 149267: || BD: 5 || CD: 12 || LD: 19 || MD: 10 ||

+2 [T3 Materials]

Totals:
2 [T1 Materials]
11 [T3 Materials]

"Life Mending..." she repeated. Snow made mental notes. She heard him talk about minimal skill investment and the pieces of the puzzle started to fall into place. If she could heal and also be able to contribute to the fight, that would be ideal. That meant she could provide players with more skill the support they needed and also keep herself alive. She wouldn't be a burden, only an asset. 

Snow pulled up her own menu. She swiped to her skills and scrolled to the only two she had at the moment. Compared to Shield's set up, she had plenty of room for growth. If she focused on defense, took those abilities he showed her, and added in a few skills to help with keeping the enemy out of the fight, it would be perfect. She knew she wasn't suited for combat and just taking the blows all the time like Shield sounded horrifying.

Snow dismissed her menus.

"Okay," she stated confidently. She got off her rear and stood up. "My mind is made up. That's what I want to do."

She walked to the other side of Shield's impromptu seat and found a fragment that would serve as a smaller, lower stool than his. Hopefully it would prove better than the rocky ground. When she went to sit, she bounced right back up. Her hand rubbed at her butt while she examined the culprit being two small snails in pointy shells. What was with things trying to attack her down here? Snow loved nature, but caves were pointy and out for her.

She picked up the two meaty snails with a raised brow. 

Escargot...?

She never had it, but why not give it a shot? She finally took her seat beside him and watched him fish.

"Thanks for showing me a few things." She hugged at her knees. "I feel a lot better now. Thanks for coming with me too. It's nice to have company."

Edited by Snow
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 149269 results: Craft: 5 [1 Material found]

Total Loot:

T3 Materials: 15

"On the contrary," Shield said, making a short cast just beyond the shallows to try his luck a little closer to shore. "You're the one who came with me. You didn't have to trust me. You didn't have to listen to me at all." He kept his eyes out on the water, pretending for the sake of her pride not to have seen her sit on the pointy little devils. "I will say though," Shield began, "if you're interested in becoming a good healer, we will definitely want you in Jacob's Ladder. Even if, at the end of the day, you decide the front lines aren't where you belong, we're all alike in that we want to help them."

There was a slight clicking and cranking from his reel as a small fish bit and attempted to escape with his hook. He wasn't going to allow that, however. Reeling for a few seconds and giving a quick tug, the fish popped out of the water and landed on the shore. "If you ally yourself with those who wish to push the lines forward, you will see first hand what efforts are being made to support them, both on and off the battlefield, and you will have many more opportunities to contribute." He turned and looked Snow properly in the eye. His own were calm and patient, though with a hint of distance and melancholy. "I'm not expecting you to join, but please, at least some and meet everyone."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 149432: || BD: 7 || CD: 1 || LD: 9 || MD: 5 ||

No materials found!

Totals:
2 [T1 Materials]
11 [T3 Materials]

That's right... Snow thought at his offer. Part of coming here was to listen to him talk about his guild.

Snow watched Shield's lure gently swim about nearby. His control and movements caused the bait to wiggle and dance as though alive. Despite the skill displayed, Shield looked as though he were somewhat bored. He met her gaze as she watched him. She wanted to turn away but she couldn't. She felt sad, but not because of her own repressed memories. She saw isolation in his eyes. Something tugged at Snow's heart. She felt Shield had many more stories to tell but chose not to share them. Stories maybe one day he would divulge in confidence to someone that made him feel as comfortable as he made her.

Her stare, for a moment, began to make the silence uncomfortable. She blinked, and looked away.

"I've met a few of them," she admitted. "Gallilea, Calrex, Mari..."

Some of them even asked her to join the guild. Yet none of them truly made her feel the way Shield did. A few of them Snow would be embarrassed to see again. Yet, like earlier, puzzle pieces started to fall into place with Snow. The felt her place in Aincrad starting to take form again, and the piece of the puzzle called 'Snow' fit somewhere in it.

"Shield," Snow looked back to him with courage in her eyes. Her posture straightened. "I want to join Jacob's Ladder, but I have a condition."

I don't want to lose anyone anymore. I don't want to be a burden anymore. I don't want to be weak anymore.

"I want you to help me make sure we never lose anyone in our guild. Teach me, and I'll do whatever it takes to make sure that happens. I can't lose anyone else." Snow's heart raced. Fire burned in her eyes. She'd never think to say something so assertive to a man like him, but she steeled her resolve. She was ready. She had a path.

"Can you promise me that? Can you promise me you'll do whatever it takes?"

@Shield

Edited by Snow
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 149442 results: Craft: 5 [1 Material found]

Total Loot:

T3 Materials: 16

Shield doubled over and let out the first belly laugh he'd had in quite some time. "You had me all built up for this condition, which in essence is two requests. If I'm to help you make sure we don't lose anyone, I'm to protect them from harm and I'm to teach you how to equip yourself and build your skills, one of those is already my job as a front line tank, and the other is something I do frequently whether players ask me to or not." He emptied his lungs and took in air, sitting up straight again as the last of his laughter died away. "Of course I accept those terms. While there can never be any guarantee, not to try would be beneath us."

He extended a hand to shake Snow's. "That's a deal." With that, he returned to his fishing. He cast his line out, and only a few moments later had a catch. Unfortunately, after such an important and monumental point of the conversation was completely anticlimactic. "Well, Snow, I suggest you pack a day bag sometime soon and come up to the twenty fourth floor. I'll show you around the facilities there and make sure everyone gets a chance to meet you."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 149444: || BD: 9 || CD: 8 || LD: 13 || MD: 10 ||

+1 [T3 Materals] Found!

Totals:
2 [T1 Materials]
12 [T3 Materials]

He laughed at me.

Snow's stern expression softened.

Mari laughed at me too...

Her posture slouched.

Was it something I said...? Why is it every time I open up, someone laughs... I feel...

Snow deflated. Her cheeks flushed red both from embarrassment and frustration. Maybe she had much more to learn after all. In retrospect, she said something asinine to the situation both times. First, asking let Mari lean on her for emotional support when she clearly out leveled her and had stronger fortitude. Now, asking for a promise to keep her greatest fears from happening again from someone who already fights to prevent it. Still, she felt with Shield's help maybe she could see these things through herself. Then, maybe her concerns and fears wouldn't weigh so heavily in her actions.

With a forced laugh and painted smile, Snow took Shield's hand and shook it.

He returned to his fishing, and Snow returned her gaze to the placid and clear lake.

I won't be a burden anymore. I'm going to get stronger and live for those who can't. That's my goal. That's what will keep me going, okay Alyssa? You got this, she internally pep-talked to herself.

They can laugh, its okay. It's a big deal for you, but that's what they've grown to know as normal. That's why it's silly. It's not you. It's the difference in you and them. You'll get there. Give it time.

With a deep breath, she nodded to no one. She kept herself composed before she completely collapsed upon herself like with Mari. She convinced herself to have a little bit tougher skin. ...and maybe be less vulnerable.

"What's the twenty fourth floor like?" she asked to break the silence of her internal monologue. Snow glanced down to see yet another one of those little albino crabs staring up at her with pincers raised. 

Really, you too?

Without ceremony, she booped it with a finger square in the back and added it to her haul for the day.

@Shield

Edited by Snow
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 149483 results: Craft: 3 [0 Materials found]

Total Loot:

As much as Shield tended to miss subtle cues in conversations, particularly when discussing maters of import, it was hard not to notice the effect that his laughter had on Snow. "Don't misunderstand," he said, his features still tinged with hints of a smile. "You haven't said anything silly or wrong. You have to understand just how outlandish all of these coincidences are to me." He looked away, giving her time to composed herself as he cast out his line again. "When you were so quiet earlier, I figured for sure there was no way you were interested in joining, and that you were merely being polite about it. Then I come to find that not only are you interested in taking on the role that we most sorely need on the front lines, but the one condition that you lay down as your big ultimatum is something that I already took for granted as a given." He took a breath and let it out as a sigh, his face returning to his typical impassive countenance.

"Things have been grim for so long," he went on, shaking his head slightly as he explained. "I... actually left the front lines for a while because things were so bad. It was a mess. Players... hated each other. Perhaps that is too strong of a word, but there was so much bitterness and conflict. Then I come back from my hiatus and those who matter most have welcomed me back... I meet new players who I assume to be dangerous or volatile only for them to turn out to be some of the kindest people I've known, and the guild that once failed before it got off the ground is now growing by the day and headed exactly in the direction it needs to go."

He turned his eyes back to Snow and gave her a little nod. "I think I always assume the worst of situations right now, and you gave me so much the opposite of that I didn't have any other way to react."

His hook remained untouched for the moment, so he reeled it back in, picking out a new spot to cast as he thought over Snow's question. "The twenty fourth floor is an interesting place. It's an expanse of ocean with platforms over the top that are almost like floating islands - well, not floating. They're supported, but they're just up in the air above the water. There's very little actual earth to speak of, aside from the coliseum, a few scattered settlements, and the swimming beach."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 149521: || BD: 3 || CD: 2 || LD: 13 || MD: 6 ||

+1 [T3 Materials]

Totals:
2 [T1 Materials]
13 [T3 Materials]

She lifted her finger from the crab and a small, ornate shell had been underneath it. The opalescent hues caught Snow's eye. It wouldn't make for anything useful at the shop, but maybe a cute trinket or necklace? Snow popped up another menu and added it to her inventory for later. She heard Shield begin speaking again. Her emotions on the sleeve of her armor cued him to her embarrassment. She listened, but kept her rosy cheeks from view.

That's when notes of emotion started to carry on his words. The walls of stoicism cracked, and it identified with her. She turned herself back to him. His words of doubt made her feel validated. It was true that she hesitated to him when they first met. Guilds held a soft spot for her and while he didn't know that, joining another one carried the weight of potential loss with it. Maybe... Maybe that conflict he mentioned attributed to the chaos and disarray that lead to the downfall of the Knights of Blood Oath.

"I guess that makes sense," Snow remarked in regards to the coincidences. If in the face of doubt everything suddenly went as expected, it would be hard not to laugh or celebrate something finally going right.

"Truth is, I used to be a Knight of the Blood Oath." Snow confessed. "I met Opal on my first steps into the field. She helped me earn my restaurant. She introduced me to the others, and they helped me with some of the gear I'm wearing. I swear I was only with them for a few weeks and something happened on the front lines. Some famous players started killing each other. We had a funeral for one of our own members, Azide. After that, things started falling apart. Opal disappeared and..."

A heavy breath left her lips.

"Her name is still crossed out on my friend's list." Snow paused for a second to steel herself. "After that, I stopped hearing from anyone and I woke up one morning to see my guild marker had vanished. I know it wasn't but the timing of it all made me feel like a bad omen. Truth is, I've declined offers to join your guild a few times already."

Snow turned her attention to his line in the water.

"I attacked Calrex." She felt ashamed to say that. "I walked out on Mari after saying something stupid."

Might as well clear the air. He is the leader after all...

"And even though Galilea was nice, I just wasn't ready. In a way, it almost feels like I've already been a part of the guild. I just was afraid to lose something like that all over again." Snow huffed. Words just kept spilling out. Maybe he'd rethink the offer, she wasn't sure.

"I guess that's why I said what I did. I'd love to meet everyone again -- clear some air. I just wanted to hear someone say it wouldn't just... vanish again."

She shook her head.

"Sorry for rambling."

She turned back to Shield.

"And thanks for sharing what you did too. I feel... better."

@Shield

Edited by Snow
Spoiler

Searching for Chest - ID# 149530 results: Loot: 14+9=24 [Chest found]

Total Loot:

"I suppose having a rough history with guilds would tend to make one hesitant," Shield said, casting his line and leaning his elbows on his thighs as he watched his newly landed bobber do its job. "And I wouldn't have been upset if you had needed to decline. As a point of interest, I can't really condone attacking guild members, so I'd like to ask you to justify your attacking Calrex. Granted, if there is one player who would not only not be in danger but would be willing to bury the hatchet over something like that, it's probably Calrex." He let out a little half-chuckle breath from his nose.

As he watched the water, it occurred to him how absorbed in the conversation he had become. Not that it was a bad thing, but there was more than just fishing to be done on this little quest. He held up a finger to excuse himself for a moment, standing up and scanning the nearby area for points of interest. Nothing seemed out of place at first, but as he combed the area more carefully with his eyes, he spotted what appeared to be an abandoned fishing net by a few stones about fifty paces away from them. He hopped over his seat and jogged over to the spot, moving aside the netting. There beneath them, he found what was clearly a treasure chest that Cardinal had hidden under some unusual camouflage. "Wouldn't have thought anything of it. Clever." He looked over his shoulder at Snow. "Apologies. I'll be back over there in just a moment."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 149534 results: Battle: 3 Craft: 7 Loot: 7 MOB: 2

No Materials Found

Totals:
2 [T1 Materials]
13 [T3 Materials]

Snow knew she'd likely need to explain herself more. In all fairness, she did do so in a duel. So, by the system's standards, Snow never committed a crime. Still, her actions were unbecoming and fueled by misdirected anger. Before she could reply, Shield held up a finger and her words stuck in her throat. He hopped off his perch and mosied over to something on the shoreline. Curiosity got the better of her and she stood up to watch him. Like a small child, she peaked over the stalagmite he used as a seat.

"It's okay, take your time," she called back to him. What was he doing anyway? Did he find something useful? 

"As far as Calrex goes..." she began while he fiddled with something out of sight. "I used to have a room mate. She fought on the front lines. We used to write each other because, well, I was too scared to leave the Town of Beginnings. She wanted to fight."

Snow folded her arms over the stalagmite and rested her chin on the cold steel of her bracers.

"In one of the messages, she mentioned him by name. She kind of liked him. When I saw him, I-- I just saw red. I blamed him for not protecting her. I challenged him to a duel in broad daylight."  She remembered the fight and the unceremonious victory despite the handicaps it entailed. 

"He was very understanding, honorable, and kind. When it was over, he took me to The Starlight Cafe and we talked. I felt like a fool."

Edited by Snow
Spoiler

Opening Chest - ID# 149537 results: Loot: 11+7=18

• [16-20] = 3,150 Col, 8 T3 materials, 1 perfect T3 armor/shield, 2 rare T3 consumables

Total Loot:

T3 Materials: 24
Col: 3,150
Perfect Armor/Shields: [149537a]
Rare Consumables: [149537b] [149537c]

Shield sighed as he listened to Snow recount her situation with Calrex. He would address that in a moment when he was not staring down a box filled with treasure and could give the matter his proper attention. He reached to the back of his belt and unhooked a large iron ring that was full of golden keys. He flipped through them, checking the end of each next to the lock of the chest before settling on one that he felt was a good fit. He held the key up to the lock and watched as it dissolved -vanished into the air with a jingling of metal, like golden coins, and the click of the lock which popper open.

In front of the chest, a display window came into view, listing the contents of the container. "Looks like some crafting materials and consumables that will need to be identified... and some armor. Excellent. That's what I come here to hunt for on my off days, after all." He tapped the option to transfer the items straight to his inventory and stood to return to Snow.

"Sorry about that." He resumed his seat beside where she was leaning on the pillar, glancing over at her. "Well, from the sounds of things, you don't stand by your actions and understand why they weren't wise. I don't have any reason to berate you further unless it becomes a habit. As I'm sure you're aware from your time with Blood Oath, if you do indeed join our guild you will be representing us as you go about your business." He patted her with a heavy hand on her shoulder, and as much as he wasn't one to go about flashing a smile everywhere, he gave her one as encouragement. "Just make sure you remember that. I trust Calrex's judgment, so if he sees no need to hold anything against you, neither will I."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 149893: || BD: 10 || CD: 8 || LD: 3 || MD: 5 ||

No Materials Found

Totals:
2 [T1 Materials]
13 [T3 Materials]

Shield's hand on her shoulder made her cheeks flush and an embarrassed smile cross her lips. His stoicism broke for a second time and he showed what she thought was a genuine smile. 

"It definitely won't," she stated shyly. "I don't usually act out like that."

Being right beside her new guild leader felt a little too... personal? Face still hot and flush, the young lady carried herself back to her own stalagmite seat. She tucked the fabric skirt beneath the steel hip plates and sat toward the lake. Even though she felt apprehensive at first, Shield somehow defused her. He listened to her, restored her confidence, and gave her a place to belong. Snow started to feel whole again.

"Well..." Snow leaned back and let her legs swing just above the water's edge. "This day sure was better than I anticipated."

Her legs stopped for a moment. Her memory brought a question to the forefront of her optimistic thoughts.

"Oh yea, did you find something neat over there? Looked like you were really focused."

@Shield

Edited by Snow

Fishing -  ID# 149921 results: Craft: 6 [1 Material found]

Total Loot:

T3 Materials: 25
Col: 3,150
Perfect Armor/Shields: [149537a]
Rare Consumables: [149537b] [149537c]

"Treasure chest," Shield said, tossing his line out into the water. "They're the main reason I picked up the fishing skill in the first place. It is entirely possible to fish them up out of the water, but they do on occasion spawn around the room and you have to go looking for them periodically." He began reeling in his line, careful not to do so quickly enough to scare any fish away. "I'm a merchant by trade, so finding unidentified loot is of particular interest to me. It's a big part of why I and a few fortunate friends of mine are outfitted as well as they are, but it has taken a lot of time and a lot of work to get to that point."

The bobber on the end of his line had been tracing a stead path back to him when it suddenly popped down out of view. Shield felt a slight pull against him at that time, and proceeded to reel in with more vigor, though not much more was actually needed. He pulled the fish from the water, watching it flap on the ground in typical fashion before falling still and becoming a single cut of fish. "Very similar to snapper as you would know them, that kind."

Edited by Shield