[F01/21-PP] Working the Fields <<Nature's Treasures>>

Spoiler

ID# 150985 results: Battle: 5 Craft: 9 Loot: 14 MOB: 8

+1 [T3 Materials] Found!

Totals:
2 [T1 Materials]
20 [T3 Materials]

An Easter event? Here? Doesn't seem very... Easter-y. Oh well!

Snow ruminated over the idea of eggs and bunnies in a dark, but colorfully illuminated cave. She could see it, but if the walls were more of a white marble, it might have made more sense. She wondered what kind of rewards she would have earned if she could have participated. Last event she attended, Snow walked home with a cute little kitsune mask that Megitsune re-painted for her.

Snow looked up to Shield as he stretched and scanned the area. His vision stopped at a rock formation in the distance.

"See something?" Snow asked. "Another chest?"

As her vision was occupied in his direction, she saw a little, unique mushroom growing off the stalagmite he sat upon. She looked a little closer and it reminded her of a glowing shitake. Snow prompted an inspection tool-tip on it and saw it was a usable material. She shrugged, and harvested it for later.

Edited by Snow
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Opening Chest - ID# 151019 results: Loot: 15+7=22

• [21-23] = 4,200 Col, 10 T3 materials, 2 perfect T3 weapons, 1 perfect T3 consumable

Total Loot:

T1 Materials: 6
T3 Materials: 52
Col: 7,350
Perfect Armor/Shields: [149537a]
Perfect Weapons: [151019a] [151019b]
Perfect Consumables: [151019c]
Rare Consumables: [149537b] [149537c]

"Indeed," Shield answered. He made his way to the chest, kneeling down beside it and taking out his key ring. One by one, he sifted through the golden keys until he found one that he felt suited the lock and held it up to the keyhole. The key vanished and with a pop, the lid opened a crack. As usual, a display menu popped up, listing the various contents of the chest. Shield nodded as he looked it over, fairly satisfied with the finds but for the lack of armor.

I suppose with the direction I may be taking my build, I'll likely be needing a good weapon soon. Still, I am partial to armors.

He tapped the 'accept' button and closed the dialogue box. With the contents safely in his inventory and his keys secured on his belt, he made his way back over to his fishing gear. "Not bad on that one," he said, giving his neck one last stretch while his hands were free. "Still a little disappointed with the results of my fishing thus far, but I suppose luck is what it is."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 151046 results: Battle: 8 Craft: 12 Loot: 9 MOB: 10

No Materials Found!

Totals:
2 [T1 Materials]
20 [T3 Materials]
+3 Thread SP
+1 Quarantine SP
+1 SP [Yui's Grace 1/5]
+600 col

Her eyes stuck to him as he went over to the outcropping. Shield took a knee and though she couldn't see what he was doing, she heard the chiming of keys. Seconds later, he came on back with the news.

"Well, considering how many fish you brought to shore and the few little baubles I wrestled together, I think you have me beat." Snow giggled softly. "But my luck isn't usually the greatest."

She looked over to his fishing gear and stood up from her seat near the water. Her hand pulled down her menu and the greaves she wore earlier reappeared. Snow dusted herself off and checked for stow-aways on her person. Content no grabs or snails were hitching a free ride, she faced Shield.

"On that note, I'm getting a little hungry." Snow looked to the exit. "I'd leave you to fishing but... I might be in a bad way if someone sneaks up on me on the way to town."

She turned back to him.

"Of course, you're more than welcome to join me! You could try some my food at the bar if you like?"

Edited by Snow
Spoiler

Fishing -  ID# 151126 results: Craft: 11 [4 Materials found]

Total Loot:

T1 Materials: 6
T3 Materials: 56
Col: 7,350
Perfect Armor/Shields: [149537a]
Perfect Weapons: [151019a] [151019b]
Perfect Consumables: [151019c]
Rare Consumables: [149537b] [149537c]

Shield sighed. "I suppose it has been a while. You'll forgive me. I tend to be one of the more patient anglers around and will sometimes sit out here for hours, but that can't exactly be interesting to watch," he said looking out at the water, deciding on one final cast. Pulling back, he tossed his line out as far as he could. Before it could even hit the water, a fish easily as large as the largest he had seen so far today leaped from the depths and chomped down on his hook. He was on his feet with his heels dug in in no time, giving an almighty yank before the fish had even landed back in the water.

The leviathan arced through the air, cutting the distance they would have to battle practically in half. Shield reeled the slack from the line and the game was on. The fish fought back and forth, but each time it doubled back, Shield took even slack from it until finally and unceremoniously, it was drug from the water up onto the shore. "And that, as they say, is that," he said with a note of finality. He finished packing up his tackle and led Snow back to Tomoika, leading her through the various twists and turns of the mining tunnels until the great cavern opened up before them.

Once across the rope bridge, he led her back to the warp gate. "I didn't come up here to fish for myself," Shield said, getting her attention before she could leave just yet. "While the loot is for me, you're the one who needs that fish, and the Col as well." He opened a transfer window, sending Snow the collection of materials that he had acquired. "Do not think of this as charity, nor should you think of it as bribery to be loyalty to the guild," he added, his tone stern. "This is a burden. When I first started climbing the ladder myself, a very kind player named Rain helped me through a dungeon and then handed me more wealth than I knew what to do with. When I first adventure with players who are lower level than myself, I pay that good deed forward, but in so doing, I pass that same responsibility to them. Someday, you will be in a position to help out a lower leveled player, and you must offer them the same kindness. It's one of many ways that we can make Aincrad a better place." With that, he gave a slight incline of his head. "Let me know when you're ready to see the guild hall, and I shall be sure to take you." With that, he gestured for her to take the lead to the teleportation pad.

[QUEST REWARDS]

[Shield]

4 SP
Perfect Armor/Shields
[149537a]
Perfect Weapons
[151019a] [151019b]
Perfect Consumables
[151019c]
Rare Consumables
[149537b] [149537c]

[Snow]