<<Nature's Treasure>>
Recommended Level: Any | Party Limit: None
Repeatable: Yes
Credit: @Itzal

11121.png

Rewards:

• The Materials and loot gathered.

Summary:

Marking the beginning of each tier (Floors 1, 11, 21, etc.), these levels of Aincrad in particular each seem to have various locations among the floors that are bursting at the seams with crafting materials. They are easier to find than other hunting grounds on comparable floors, with short respawn rates to make them the best locations to hunt for materials.

If the floor is vegetated, players can find a <<Garden>>. If there are a lot of buildings on the floor, players can find a <<Courtyard>>. If the floor is underground, players can find a <<Cavern>>. Many NPCs give away these farming locations, telling players about this amazing opportunity of extra materials, whether it be from plentiful monster drops or from the safer areas outside of town that make for easy, peaceful fishing and gathering.

Searching:  LD rolls of 11-14 give 1 material.  LD rolls of 15+ give 2 materials.  Gatherer skill is added to this roll as well.

Fishing:  Monsters and bosses never spawn.  Fishing receives no bonus materials.  CD 12s require a LD of 15+ (modifiers allowed) to fish up a treasure chest.  If LD is 1-14, players receive 4 materials.

Treasure Chests:  LD of 1-3 does not result in a mimic, but drops (Floor * 25) col and one material.

Looting Mobs: Mobs that satisfy the loot minimum always drop (HP * 4) col and 1 material as default drops, before other upgrades and aspects of the loot table are taken into account.

Requirements:

• At least one [1] Page (20 or more posts)
  • Mobs MUST meet or exceed the loot minimum parameter to be looted, and must still adhere to floor minimum/maximum rules.

Shield

Spoiler

» Shield, The Immovable Object

• Modified HP:
  • Modified EN:
  • Modified MIT: 
  • Modified ACC:
  • Modified DMG:
  • Modified EVA:
  • Battle Heal:
  • Search: +1 [Yamata No Orochi Statue] +3 [Good Luck Chuck]
  • Temp Buff:
  • Temp Buff:
  • Temp Buff:

» Base Stats

• Base HP: 1850
  • Base EN: 176
  • Base MIT: 226
  • Base ACC: 0
  • Base DMG: 2
  • Base EVA: -1
  • Battle Heal: 92 HP
  • Search: +12

» Items Equipped:

• Manticore Mask - T3 Perfect Shield - Flame Aura I / Taunt / Mitigation I
  • Seeking Aura - T1 Perfect Trinket - Loot Die III
  • Blessed Greaves - T3 Demonic Heavy Armor - Mitigation II / Holy Blessing II
  • Wedding Ring [+18 MIT]
  • Hammerspace Backpack (HB) +1 BR item (allows stacks up to 7)

» Battle-Ready Inventory:

• Golden  Keys x7 | Unique Item | +2 Search on Chests
  • [Dimensional Backpack] Golden  Keys x7 | Unique Item | +2 Search on Chests
  • [Storage Closet - Housing] Golden  Keys x7 | Unique Item | +2 Search on Chests

» Skills:

• Searching | 5 Ranks | +5 Bonus to LD, +0 to Stealth Detect
  • Battle Healing | 5 Ranks | While in combat, recover 1% per rank (85HP) at the beginning of your turn
  • First Aid | 5 Ranks | +4% HP per rank (+20% HP) on Post Action
  • Picking | Purchased | +3 LD when opening chests
  • Heavy Armor | 5 Rank | +35 Mitigation
  • Energize | Purchased |  Restore 8 EN to target
  • Block | 5 Ranks | +25 Mitigation
  • Howl | Purchased | +2 Hate against each opponent (up to 4)
  • Fighting Spirit | Purchased | +1 Hate when using Howl or Focused Howl
  • Parry | Purchased 3 Turn Cooldown | 5 Energy | Reduces incoming damage by 50%
  • Fishing | Purchased | Fish for equipment and gain prestige among old men

» Extra Skills:

• Concentration | No Ranks | Gain +1 BD for a single attack | 5 Turn Cooldown
  • Familiar Mastery: Healer |  3 Ranks | +135 HP (Does not require post action)
  • Martial Arts | 1 Rank | +1 Base Damage per slot with Unarmed Weapons
  • Meditation | Purchased | Recover an additional 15 EN on Post Action | 3 Turn Cooldown
  • Survival | Purchased |  Increases out of combat health regen to (15xTier) 45 per post

» Mods:

• Athletics: +1 DMG +45 HP
  • Focused Howl: +4 Hate against single target on Post Action
  • Dismantling: +2 LD when opening chests
  • Stone Wall: +Gain 10 MIT and 45 HP from heavy armor. Reduces DOT by 25%. -1 to Evasion.
  • Sharpness: Gives target +[Target's Tier] to Base Damage for 2 turns | 1 Turn Cool Down
  • Justified Riposte: A successful Parry also stuns the target for 1 turn. | 3 Turn Cool Down
  • Vengeful Riposte: A successful Parry returns 50% of DMG back to your opponent - mitigatable. | 3 Turn Cool Down

Consuming

Spoiler

Good Luck Chuck [+3 LD]

Shield's pace had purpose, and his equipment jangled with every heavy footstep he took. He wound his way through the familiar mining tunnels outside of Tomoika, weaving in and out of entrances and narrow passages until he stood in front of a mass of glowing crystals. To the passerby, they would be unassuming, looking just like any other cluster of glowing crystals that lined the walls and ceilings of the floor to provide the much needed illumination by which to see and walk. However, Shield knew its secret. Pressing the center most crystal straight into the wall, the crystal sank into the wall, a hidden switch to open the way to an equally hidden room. The wall slid up and disappeared into the rocky ceiling, leaving an open portal to the underground grotto which was, to Shield's knowledge, the best fishing spot in all of Aincrad.

He took a hunk of grilled chuck out of his inventory, chewing on the tough piece of meat as he set about summoning and laying out his tackle box and fishing pole. As he knelt down, the slight jangle that had followed him down the mines turned momentarily into a clatter as several full key rings slid along his belt and knocked noisily into one another. Never had he carried so many, but between himself and Raidou, who he planned to meet here, hopefully they would make good use of every single one of them.

@Raidou

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A moment's pause before pressing on, a meal upon a white plate now mostly finished Raidou was prepping to head out. A quick flutter of his HUD open with a passing hand confirms the change in his skillset. Removing a slotted wrapping for keys, like a kit for storing lockpicks Raidou shifts the loose ones from the guild's table into the sockets. A complete deposit to which he rolls it into a bundle and belting it shut. "I am off." Raidou whispers to the dormant hall, grabbing robe from the chair he frequents and heading for the settlement of coral with a close of the Cathedrals doubled doors.

A flash of the warp gate drops his feet into Tomoika, a bit behind but not too drastically. A flick of the board, a rapid scroll, and a fired pointer accept Nature's treasure in haste. Through the pressing yellow mist, the nomad vanishes leaving behind prying eyes to fueled with cowardice to enter the toxin, his battle healing would sustain him through it. An almost man made entry of a square slotting, the very same the chiseled man had shown him the ropes of this very method. A lesson learned, and another on the horizon as Raidou takes his seat and draws out a line, a stringed cable on a rather simple pole. "Sorry I'm late." Raidou remarked toward Shield while preparing his own equipment, leaving the parcel of wrapped keys in his robe until they were needed.

Consumed Lemon Berry Palimers +3 Loot Dice

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer:

Level: 44

HP: 880/880

En: 88/88

Weapon: The Black Star - Genesis [1HSS] (T1/Perfect): Paralyze 1 (9-10), Taunt (+1 Hatred from Attacks/Howls, +2 on Focused), Vampiric [Offensive] 1 (Recover 10% of Total HP on 9-10)

Armor: Onyx Spectacles [Trinket] (T1/Perfect): +3 Loot Dice

Misc: Red Wanderer's Robe [Light] (T1/Perfect): +3 Evasion

Skills:

1 Handed Straight Sword: Rank 3

Battle Healing: Rank 3

Parry: Obtained [Vengeful Riposte]

Fighting Spirit: Obtained

Fishing: Obtained

Gatherer: Obtained

Searching: Rank 5 (GM)

Concentration [Extra]: +1 Accuracy on next attack, 3 turn cool down

Battle Ready Inventory:

► 5*Golden Key

► 5*Golden Key

► 5*Golden Key

► 5*Golden Key

► 4*Golden Key

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 149039 results: Craft: 9

Total Loot:

Materials: 3

Shield gave a nod as Raidou joined him, preparing his own line. "Not a problem. I haven't been here long." He baited his hook and took his usual seat on the broken stalagmite before casting out into the waters. "From the sounds of things, you were the only person trying to give me a run for my money in the Easter event when it came to overall egg count." Shield gave a little smirk, trying to get a good reading of where in the dark lake his line had landed and slowly reeling in. "I think it's events like that when real determination and good strategy can really put someone ahead. How did you end up making out?"

His line hadn't even made it half way back to shore when he got his first bite. Something hauled on his line, and he hauled right back, turning the crank of his reel as quickly as the resistance would allow him. "Well, it's not a chest, but it feels like whatever it is will trade well for other crafting materials if the need arises." He wound up his line enough to force his quarry into the shallows and then onto shore. It flapped around helplessly and then fell still.

Edited by Shield

Raidou got comfortable as best as he could, it was a strange change of pace but equally as serene as his own methods. "Oh that, It was more of a happy accident. I just needed the materials, Imagine my surprise when these eggs started to pile up in my inventory. I was getting so many of them I started handing them to anyone I found at the turn in location." the wandering swordsman remarked in honesty

After the line is drawn out in full, a flick of his right arm casts the cable to the water with a soft plop causing ripples outward. Folding his legs underneath him, his left hand pulling the line of his almost fly fishing rod slowly toward the shore. A shift against the water as the cable gains tension. "A bite?" Raidou remarks as it comes faster than he had expected. Grabbing heavily on the cable and turning it around on his palm starts to draw it in, a trout on the line falls to his side. "Huh." Raidou wasn't sure how to process such a quick return, allowing the fish to squirm for a moment before a quick jab of a martial arts fueled fist kills it.

ID# 149040 results: Craft: 6, Loot: 1+[5/3/3]=12

1*T3 Materials Obtained

Total T3 Materials: 1

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 149045 results: Craft: 11 [4 Materials found]

Total Loot:

Materials: 7

"Well, I was very intentional about my gathering," Shield said, checking and baiting his hook once again and testing his line with a sharp tug. It fed cleanly out and he reel. He coiled all of his line again before straightening up and sending his line singing out over the water again. it landed with a soft splash somewhere out in the dark. "It's not often that events give one the opportunity to cash in so heavily on good items. Though until I get my finds from the Easter dungeon, I won't know for sure if it's the right time to use them."

His reel began to sing again, but this time, not from being cast. It whirred with impressive speed, pulled by something powerful in the water. Shield grabbed the crank and halted it progress, reeling it back in, much to his catch's protest. He hauled the massive fish onto the shore. Lifting it up by the tail, it flapped about for a while before falling still, its head dangling down to his knee cap from shoulder height.

Edited by Shield

Raidou still had not understood the gravity of what the event had offered him, the items simply purchased haphazardly in a fear of the eggs over encumbering him not sure if they had weight. "Hmm, I understand the ideal of growth. After all its why I am here trying to understand the outs and ins of fishing." the nomad spoke without a second thought as if the fishing and the alterations of recent events had liberated his tongue. "Eventually I'll find another sword like this one, its hard to replace and I will more than likely not do away with it completely." The weapon held sentimental value, it was the sword that brought him to tanking, the one he learned to parry with and had protected him countless times in the heat of the moment. In the conversation, the water remains calm with the bobber simply swaying with the current as Raidou's mind drifts elsewhere in a dive of his past.

ID# 149046 results: Craft: 2

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 149180 results: Craft: 7 [2 Materials found]

Total Loot:

Materials: 9

"I understand that," Shield said, glancing over his shoulder at the shield that was strapped to his back. "This guy has been with me since I was only second tier. Upgraded it to keep up with my build even. That said... I don't know if it's going to be with me forever," he sighed, shaking his head. "I would miss it sorely, but the protection it offers may not track forever, especially with the opportunity to pursue other options, like a heal-based paradign." He cast out his line, still lost in thought about his build, the latter being something he did now multiple times per day. "It may amount to nothing. And I may end up going right back to the build I had... but we'll see. I've got lots of numbers I need to run."

His line gave a tug and he started to reel in, leisurely this time. The pull that he felt wasn't nothing, but it was still not a great resistance compared to any of his larger catches of the day. "Different equipment has its time and its place. That is why I prepared myself with a lot of tools to move forward with." The fish that plopped onto the shore was not shamefully small, but it was no prize winner. Shield shrugged, waiting for it to convert to an item and collecting it accordingly.

Edited by Shield

The quiet was deafening but a sanctuary to the nomad for it was where he was the most collected, only the words between them causing a break in the force. "By design, if I can find something a bit more potent for when it really becomes treacherous it would be ideal. Can't say I've seen too many like it, which makes improving the weapon a bit difficult." removing the weapon from his back with a pull of the buckle across his torso with a heavy thud, unsheathing it to show Shield what he meant for possible acumen from the man. He was insightful and mechanically inclined to the nuances of this game, a knowledge that Raidou was still clutching at in the darkness through constant scripture. Perhaps he would have an idea what his path to another like it would be paved through the show and tell. "It's dull." Raidou remarks pulling it from the scabbard and laying the cool blackish blade upon the stone, as a fish rips his attentions to the water. A quick stomp of his foot catches the screaming line as he wraps his left fingers and reels it in. A fair sized salmon with darkened scale to blend drops to the rock and is bludgeoned to silence.

ID# 149181 results: Craft: 10

3*T3 Materials Obtained

Total T3 Materials: 4

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 149186 results: Craft: 7 [2 Materials found]

Total Loot:

Materials: 11

Shield tapped the sword with a finger, opening its menu to examine its properties. Having the keen eye of a merchant, he was able to discern its enhancements - even the unique ones, immediately. "Vampiric, offense. This isn't an enhancement one sees often on the front lines, though that's largely because there are so few tanks." He straightened up, returning his gaze briefly to the sword's wielder. "Taunt is a clear tank choice as well, and paralyze is well suited to a defensive build. When building a weapon, one should either plan for all scenarios or plan for a specific scenario very well. You've planned for a crit, which will simultaneously heal you and incapacitate an enemy. I'm assuming you have stun sword arts as well to back that up?"

Shield remembered their purpose in being here and cast out his line once again, and again, finding little resistance on his line as he caught and reeled in another fish. "A one handed weapon means a shield, usually." He narrowed his eyes briefly at Raidou, taking in his accouterments. "But you don't equip yourself like you're meant to take hits primarily. Do you evade? We don't see many dodge tanks, but they are out there."

Edited by Shield

Raidou hung on the word in the word from Shield frontlines "precisely, but I fear the paralyze will fall short. I have checked numerous quest descriptions and have found a few instances of creature immunity, which causes some problems." Raidou explained. "Its easier to shift my weight around without a shield, allowing me to block the incoming blows with the sword alone. Not quite as reliable as a shield, but I can redirect incoming blows completely more often than not. Best take nothing at all if I can help it, after all, I'd like this robe on my back to be a banner of safety one could find shelter including myself." Raidou then smiles at Shield "That and it's much easier to keep my glasses on my face with a free arm." the rod still clutched in his right hand, listing quietly in the water without a pull or tug as if it was allowing him the account without interference.

ID# 149188 results: Craft: 1

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 149189 results: Craft: 8 [2 Materials found]

Total Loot:

Materials: 13

"Well then, you've built yourself for a very different style of tanking than I," Shield said, pondering the build for a long moment. "I suppose at this point, it comes down to this... What matters more to you? The vampiric heal, or the stun to avoid the damage in the first place?" With the fishing rod grasped firmly in his hand, he cast out into the water. "I have, in my shop, a few weapons with an enhancement you might find interesting," he said, his eyes drifting over to the other player. "I'm assuming you're familiar with Paralytic Venom? It can do with one slot of the stuff the same thing that two slots of Paralyze can do."

Slowly but surely, Shield reeled in his line, snagging a fish along the way, and like those before it, working it back to shore. Like many of the others, it was not puny, but it would only be a few mouthfuls at most when made into a meal. Shield stored it, bating his hook for another throw. "Is that something that might interest you?"

Edited by Shield

"Potentially I was not aware there was a stronger variant, but I feel as though given the arts available at my disposal and the possible immunity I need to find expansion on the healing aspect. Curious still how it came about by complete accident, the smith couldn't get it to hold an edge. Depleted the durability of countless grindstones trying, he considered it a failure." Raidou remarked scratching the back of his head to the memory, the line of his rod sliding through the water with a draw of his hands. "If I was able to get it stronger somehow, I would be that much more formidable on the field, I've seen the changes in attack power with other weapon variety but the lines between gear from a defensive standpoint seem less specific." a snag on his line Raidou shuffles with a pause, ripping the wire tight and to the waters edge another respectable sized fish flops to the rough stone.

ID# 149194 results: Craft: 10

3*T3 Materials Obtained

Total T3 Materials: 7

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 149200 results: Craft: 11 [4 Materials found]

Total Loot:

Materials: 17

"Well, just let me know," Shield said reeling in his line so that the bobber was situated just past the end of the pole. "It's an enhancement I've seen very few people utilize, but if stunning is what you're designed to do, then there is something to be said for doing so more reliably. There is also an ice enhancement that stuns, but that one has not passed through my shop - except for once. That is a weapon that the wielder will not part with though." Shield laughed a little to himself, imagining the look of indignation on Beat's face were he to be asked to give up a spear with both Freeze and Absolute Accuracy.

On that note, he threw his line out again, watching the bobber and hook as they shrank into the darkness of the cavern and were lost to sight. He reeled in slowly at first, but then his reel stopped and the end of this pole bent parallel with the ground. He pulled and the fish on the end began to fight and fight hard. It took a considerable amount of strength to bring in his catch, but he managed it, dragging it onto dry land not even a minute later.

Edited by Shield

Raidou places his hand to his chin "Let me give some thought to it, optimizing my abilities are a bit a flight of fancy." He pulls the rod tight with the cable winding out aggressively. To the rough floor a blued scaled fish flops around, Raidou removes the hook from its lip and then clubs it with a fist. Not quite to the standard that Shield was setting but it was a decent size one none the less. "Getting more durable is the first thing on my mind, I need to be able to protect those that rely on me." Raidou then looked, Shield was a tank as well "This is why we're doing all this. But I won't pretend that it will be easy, but nothing worth doing ever is." As he casts the line back into the water hoping the next time may yield a better result, eager to get the gist of the skill to gain a better understanding.

ID# 149202 results: Craft: 7

2*T3 Materials Obtained

Total T3 Materials: 9

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 149262 results: Craft: 9 [3 Materials found]

Total Loot:

Materials: 20

"Not often it isn't, no," Shield answered. He had been through plenty of his own 'not so easy' things in his time in the game. Although there had been a few bright spots on the horizon and a few victories that hopefully would lead to greater successes down the road, for both himself and the front lines as a whole. He pulled back his pole and flung his arm forward, propelling his hook and fishing line out to the other side of the lake. This time, he was unhurried, and he let his mind turn for a while as his bait did its job for him. This was often how he fished when he was alone, taking the time to let his mind go out of focus.

Slowly, he began to reel again, the clacking noise of his pole breaking up the silence. Shield was just beginning to realize how quiet he was being when his next catch decided to make a meal of his bait. It pulled against his line, and with a little bit of work and elbow grease, managed to bring it in. While Raidou so far seemed to be taking a slightly more 'hands on' approach to fishing, Shield was perfectly content to let his catch wear itself out and convert from peaceful mob to items on its own time.

Edited by Shield

It was rather quiet, Raidou could not help but notice the difference in yields between him and Shield. Perhaps there was more to fishing then just simply activating the skill, further cementing the notion that an actual technique had an effect even if rather small. A drawn conclusion and a recurrence of Shield's posture as the nomad studies him specifically looking for that golden egg that he was lacking. His gaze is torn back forward as the line in his hands starts to become tense with vibration on the line. Keeping seated and drawing the line back in fluid and rhythmic motions, attempting an active change in his routine for a better result. The water breaks to reveal another large fish, another reward that was not the one being sought out but was useful regardless. A deep breath and slow draws bring it to shore, Raidou lets it flounder about until it expires in a complete form of mimicry.

ID# 149276 results: Craft: 9

3*T3 Materials Obtained

Total T3 Materials: 12

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 149418 results: Craft: 9 [3 Materials found]

Total Loot:

Materials: 23

Shield's next cast resulted in the catch of yet another sizable fish. While the extra material worth was helpful, it was not the reason he and Raidou had lugged several dozen keys so far up Aincrad. "I am a little flummoxed at the lack of chests so far today," he sighed, lifting his last catch up in front of his eyes. "While I know it's random chance, at least to an extent, you would think that one of us would have ended up with something by now."

He set the fish down and watched as the flapping body gave up the ghost and dissolved into several generous helpings of fish filet sitting on a broad leaf. "If things don't turn around for us soon here, I'm going to have to take matters into my hands and shake down this cavern until it hands over a chest." While mainly a jest, he was not kidding about his disappointment. Treasure hunting was something that he took seriously, and if robbed of the opportunity to do so, the day would feel incredibly unproductive.

Edited by Shield

Raidou could not help but draw a conclusion between the prior trip and this one. "Strange I feel the same, its as if the pond is rather empty today. Suppose this is more fickle than first interpretation." with his hand placed to his jaw, looking into the darkened water, less to see what was within but just a blank stare as he sorted his thoughts in the reflection. A snag on his line draws his hand forward in his distraction, a snap back to reality he pulls the cable but the tension is rather minimal. To the rock surface, it seems as though a small flounder of an almost unusable size to the shore. "Shame, I wonder..." Adjusting his glasses as his legs uncross, Raidou stands up and leaves the rod where it lay, the fish still flopping about attached to the hook. He begins to scan about the cavern, attempting to perhaps alter their fortune.

ID# 149433 results: Craft: 5

1*T3 Materials Obtained

Total T3 Materials: 13

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Fishing -  ID# 149434 results: Craft: 6 [1 Material found]

Total Loot:

Materials: 24

"Well, if you're trying to catch a chest, I don't know that having bigger bait will help you with that," Shield said behind a slight chuckle. "Though if our objective were bigger fish, that is one way to attempt it." He threw his line a ways to the left of Raidou's and pondered that scenario. "That is an interesting test to run though. Is SAO intelligent enough to consider a smaller fish as bait to a larger fish, or will it only recognize that your hook has a caught fish on it and needs to be emptied before continuing?"

He watched Ridou's line with a little more intensity than his own for a while until his hands felt a slight tug. He got the impression that this was not the first tug on the line, just the first one he felt. It was very weak. Shield pulled his line back in, frowning at the pitiful fish that slid up out of the water and flapped about on the shore. "Well, I can't say my luck is turning around any time soon." He set down his rod and adjusted his boots. "I'm going to take a walk around. You man the fort here. I'll be back."

Edited by Shield

A nod Raidou peels his rod up and tosses the line back to the water, hoping that perhaps the inkling in a change of method would yield a better result. "Alright." Raidou remarks as Shield detaches leaving his tackle and the rest behind, sure that they would not be disturbed in this grotto. The fish splashes about when it hits the water and the only thing it manages to do is scare off those around it. Ripping it back from the water in a quick flick backward, Raidou detaches and allows it to expire. "Hmm." it was clear that Raidou was still struggling to get the full swing of things, it was painfully clear he was still out of his element. Adding the units that the fish produces in the end to his inventory, the nomad submerges his hand into the cold waters and shifts some of the stuff in his hand before taking a closer look in intrigue.

ID# 149436 results: Craft: 1

Edited by Raidou