[F21-PP] Looking for Loot -- <<Nature's Treasure>>

The only sure-fire way to look for equipment one needed was obvious -- hunt for it yourself.

So it was today that NIGHT messaged her companion to head out on another combat spree. For some reason she was always the initiator, which the groggy player grumbled at, squinting at the white of the words she'd sent off against the black of her mail interface.

NIGHT: u up yte
NIGHT: wyd
NIGHT: nt 2day if nth

Tiring. Why was rising from bed always so exhausting? One roll out of bed and a morning shower later yielded no responses. Maybe she was simply early today. Maybe Yuki was busy getting ready.

Maybe she should've given her friend an ETA, NIGHT realized, once she'd reviewed her messages again after breakfast.

NIGHT: omg sry
NIGHT: was waking up
NIGHT: 10mins??? we can make it 30 if you want

Still, 10 minutes was what she gave herself to work with. One quick rush out the door, the player scaring down the last of her hotdog and NIGHT soon found herself at the entrance of Tomoika's caverns. No one was around to celebrate her arrival, though. Brilliant. Now, what could she do to kill time...?

@Zajcica @Arabelle

Spoiler

NIGHT
 | HP: 990/990 | EN: 96/96
 | ACC: 4 (2, +2) | DMG: 22 (16, +3+2+1*) | EVA: 0 | MIT: 6 (36, -20-10*) | PARAV-D: 1 | LD: 8 (5, +3) | PROSP: 6 (3, +3)
 | Stealth Detection: 3
* [Filling] used to provide +1 Protein.

[Skills]
 | 
Mod Count: 4/5

1. Two-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Ferocity, Precision, Finesse
  2. Heavy Armor | Passive | RANK 3/5 
    > Athletics
  3. Searching | Passive | RANK 3/5
  4. - - -
  5. - - - 

-[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Concentration | Active -- CD: 3

• Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3

[Equipment]

• Reminiscing The Lord
    -- [ Mitigation II | +18 MIT ]
    -- [ Paralytic Venom (Defensive) | Natural successful attacks against you of 8-10 removes the enemy’s action on their next turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties. ]
  • Black Steel Ring
    -- [ Accuracy I | +1 ACC. ]
    -- [ Loot Die II | +2 LD. ]
  • Silver Ring
    -- [ Prosperity III | +3 PROSP. ]

-[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• [T1E3] Strength (1) -- [ Damage III | +3 DMG. ]
  • [T1E2] Imagine If Azrael Was A Hot Dog (1) -- [ Protein II | +2 DMG, -20 MIT. ]
  • [T1E2] Precision+ (1) -- [ Accuracy II | +2 ACC. ]
  • [T1E3] Fortune++ (1) -- [ Loot Die III | +3 LD. ]
  • [T1E3] Providence++ (1) -- [ Prosperity III | +3 PROSP. ]
  • [T1E2] Minute Waltz (1) | [ref] | -- [ Monster's Favour I | +1 CD to next monster killed when rolling for loot. ]
  • [T2E2] Full Fathom Five (3) | [ref] | -- [ Monster's Favour II | Mass | +2 CD to number of monsters present when rolling for loot once they are killed. ]

[Misc]

• -- [ Dimensional Backpack, Item Stash | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots ]
    -- [ Well Rested | -1 EN for the first three expenditures of each combat. ]
    -- [ Col Stash | +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests. ]
    -- [ Relaxed | Increases out of combat health regeneration by (5 * Tier) per post. Full energy restoration occurs after two turns out of combat. ]
    -- [ Squeaky Clean | In a thread, -25% DoT damage taken from the first DoT applied to this player. ]
    -- [ Filling | In a thread, +1 T1 slot to a food consumed by this player. Can exceed Cook enhancement caps. ]
  • 2 weeks later...

> [used:] Strength++ [#139364-1] -- +3 DMG         -> Arabelle
> [used:] POWERRR!!+ [#142048]   
-- +2 DMG -20 MIT -> Arabelle 

Hooray for no more hot dogs.

—And her new, ridiculously unbalanced breakfast of an entire pack of beef jerky paired with a damage-enhancing potion whose bitter taste was so unbearable that she had to dilute it with two glasses of sugar water. Why couldn't those Easter Bunnies just drop rainbows and unicorns in food form? The consumable's taste still lingered in her mouth as she stood leaned against the wall of a building adjacent to Tomoika's town gates, holding in one hand a cardboard cup of coffee bought from some random NPC-ran store she passed.

It was time to put her growing pile of buffs to some use though, and what better way than to find another couple hundred unidentified pieces to bully poor An with? 

She navigated her menus with her free hand, switching around her equipment and battle-ready inventory and bringing out a lovely star-shaped trinket she'd picked up from an artisan yesterday. It wasn't in her tastes to have more than one piece of jewelry on her person; Arabelle gave the charm a gentle tap and slipped it into her pocket, its effect appearing on her status window after a slight delay. She tabbed back to her menu and drank from her coffee.

Now who was the sender behind that flashing bubble...?

circle-cropped-3.png

Arabelle (LEVEL 33: 110 SP)
  | 660/660 HP | 66/66 EN | 20 DMG
  | 4 ACC 

| 3 LD

Spoiler

[equipped:]

Spoiler

Shikama Dōji II
T2 Perfect Two-Handed Battle Axe -- [x3] Damage
Of regular steel fashioned into a standard make by a smith of ordinary skill -- there was nothing special about this massive black war scythe until a certain fluffy mob picked it up and granted it a rune which reduced the weapon to an unusually light weight. | [
~]

Insignia of Retribution
T1 Perfect Jewelry -- [x3] Accuracy

[reference] "May this savage song reach the hearts of those who have wronged you." A pure black phoenix carrying an egg made of rhinestone. Grants the wearer accuracy when equipped. | [~]

Wayfinder
T1 Perfect Trinket -- [x3] Loot Die
A star-shaped charm made up of various translucent teal-coloured petals, framed with silver and held together with taut strings. At its center is a stylized metal heart, and at one of the petals' ends is a loop tied with a knot, so that the charm is capable of being hung or locked around another object. The item calls back to a foreign myth, representing an unbreakable connection between holders of these charms. | [
~]

[battle-ready inventory:]

Spoiler

[x5] Für Elise
T2 Rare Support Song -- [x2] HP Recovery

[reference] Lingering sentiments. Wilted flowers, and a love that never came to be.
| [#141769] [#142116] [#142119] [#142226] [#142442]

[x4] Life
T2 Uncommon Potion -- [x1] HP Recovery

[reference] A round glass vial. Despite appearances, the red concoction within tastes like honey. In fact, it might even be a little too sweet!
[#141687] [#141712] [#141755] [#141803]

[x4] Golden Key
A single-use item that grants +2 LD when opening a Treasure Chest.
[4]

Teleportation Crystal
Use a post action to activate a teleport crystal. Teleports the player to the town or designated teleportation area they specify.

[skills:]

Spoiler

[used sp: 90 | unused sp: 20]

01. Two-Handed Battle Axe -- 5/5
    | Ferocity
    | Precision
02. Fishing

[sword arts:]

Spoiler

[r1:]

• [x2] Whirlwind (2 Energy) - A single sweeping attack so powerful that it sends forth a shock wave to hit again.
  • [x2 AoE] Smash (2 Energy + 2 per target hit) - An uppercut aimed at opponents head to send them reeling.

[r2:]

• [x3 AoE] Lumberjack (3 Energy + 2 per target hit) - Three wide sweeping strokes aimed at multiple targets.
  • [x3] Ultimate Breaker (3 Energy) - A pair of uppercuts that finish with a vertical slam to the target's head.

[r3:]

• [x5] Torque Wave (5 Energy) - A sweeping strike that tears into the opponent.
  • [x6] Crimson Blood (6 Energy) - Three sweeping spinning slices keeping the same momentum.
  • [x6 AoE] Trample Act (6 Energy +2 per target hit) - An attack that starts with a shoulder barge, then does two large sweeping attacks.

[r4:]

• [x7] Crescent Avalanche (7 Energy) - An advanced mixture of slices, hilt stabs and thrusts at an opponent.
  • [x8 AoE] Ordinal Cleave (8 Energy +2 per target hit) - A flurry of eight vicious slashes that hits and targets multiple enemies.

[r5:]

• [x9] Dynamic Violence (8 Energy) - An attack of three slices, which is finished by a shock wave created by the power of an empty swing.
  • [x14 AoE] Explode Catapult (14 Energy +2 per target hit) - Two powerful sweeping strokes in alternating directions that concludes with slamming the ax into the ground.
  • [x13] Screw Dimension (12 Energy) - Does one slice with the ax, which then releases in a burst of energy, doing the damage again.

Time it was. The need for Tier three gear was getting ever more urgent and the Paladin knew that she was going to need some unique gear if she really wanted to join the front line and make an impact on the world around her. They were a fourth of the way to the top of the tower after years. The front lines would really need help from new players. Yuki was one of those upstarts that believed in the strength in numbers. She may have been scared of this digital prison when she was first put behind bars, but those cells would no longer hold her fears hostage.

Night had already sent her message. Yuki knew it was time, so she collected the foods that she had prepared for this day specifically and made her way to the Coral teleportation pad. Another name crossed her thoughts when she scrolled down to Night's to reply. Arabelle was a person she had met from Cord and Mari. She recalled her wanting to join the paladin for grinding, so she pulled up her menu and sent her message, attaching some foods to the delivery.

Oi, Arabelle-san,

I'm going to be grinding on floor 21 for Tier three gear. If you would like to join me and NIGHT, meet us in Tomoika near the exit of the safe zone. Come prepared, the enemies will be strong

Spoiler

General
Level: 38 | HP:  820/820+90 | Energy: 76/76 Hate: 1/3/4(M/H/C)

Stats
DMG: 6 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 104+35 | BH: 8+1 | BLD: 24/2 | DoT Restst: 25%+25%(1st proc) | Thorns: 36+20

Skills(6/6)
R2 OHAS
R5 Heavy Armor
R3 MIT Familiar
Fighting Spirit
R1 Block
R1 BH
Concentration

Mods
Athletics; Stonewall

Housing Buffs
Rested; Filling; Tasty; Angler; Hardworking

Equipment(In use)
Charlemagne(Heavy Armor): HM I, Thorns II
Revenant(Shield): Taunt I; Rec II
Trap of Argalia(OHAS): DMG I; BLD I

Equipment(Standby)

La Black Luna(Trinket): ACC III

Consumables
(14x)Immolation Potion+1 <Using
Fiery Dragon Roll - MIT 3 <Using
Ika Shoga Yaki - OH 3 <Using

Hanami Dango with Green Tea - Pros 3
Mochi Supreme - LD 3

Edited by Zajcica

Man, what's taking her so long...?

The last time NIGHT had been to Floor 21, she was out hunting kobolds around the mines with Cordelia and Solei. She'd barely been strong enough to handle monsters about the cavern's entrance, choosing to speak to her newfound companions than focus her energies on charging into the darkness. Now that she'd gotten much more powerful, the player had slight hopes about venturing forth, exploring what else this floor's Nature's Treasure had in store for both her and her friend. More monsters, most likely, but potentially more loot at the same time. Either way, her gaze was cast to the sparkles upon the ceiling, trying to recall what she could about the layout of the cave's interior.

Footsteps paced on stone. The sound pulled the distant player out of her thoughts, sinking in the realization that her paladin was approaching. "Yo," the hunter called out, kicking off the jagged wall she'd leaned into. "Hope that wasn't too much of a rush for you. Ready to head in? I've got a few ideas I was thinking of trying out..."

Gloved hands stuffed in her pockets. NIGHT slid her thumb over the smooth surface of a number of crystals.

@Arabelle

• 2 weeks later...

Convenient. Well, she would have to hold back a little, but Arabelle had long decided to take these offers whenever they popped up. She finished the rest of her drink and tapped the edge of the message window, opening a virtual keyboard beneath it.

[to:] Zajcica
Hey there. I’ve been looking to kill some mobs in that area, too.
Give me a minute.

Literally a minute.

There were only a few notable entry points to the caverns with the [Nature’s Treasure] buff, and she’d seen no sign of the bright-eyed player near hers. She checked the tunnels that saw the most activity, maintaining a quiet unhurried pace until she spotted a familiar head of vibrant pink hair. Her steps slowed and she opened her message window with Yuki again.

[to:] Zajcica
Behind you!

No sooner had both players taken notice of the PM than Arabelle announced her presence with markedly louder steps. She came to a stop when they both turned to meet her, hands tucked behind her back and offering a small smile – and looking not at all like a player about to face hordes of monsters in a high-leveled cavern. Pastel sweater, a striped red mini-skirt and light spotted stockings, the only indication that she was just as prepared as the armored two was the pair of buffs that appeared above her status bar when she joined their party. “‘Morning, Yuki. NIGHT.” Small world, indeed. “Thanks for the buffs. We can talk while heading in, so shall we make our way forward?”

Spoiler

> [used:] Mochi Supreme               -- +3 LD    -> Arabelle
> [used:] Hanami Dango with Green Tea -- +3 Pros. -> Arabelle

Arabelle: 660/660 HP | 66/66 EN | 20 DMG | 4 ACC | 6 LD | 3 Pros.

"Oi, Arabelle-san!" She waved turning around hearing the light clicks of her heals against the cavern floor. "Aw, you look adorable today. It's been awhile, I how you're doing alright today. We'll be out for awhile here, I want as many armors as possible for when I reach tier three and I'm sure you guys would also like some weapons. I only want the Armor and some of the col to identify the drops. Need those element enhancements you know?"

With that, the paladin took Arabelle's advice, leading the trio into the caverns to find the Nature's Treasure location. Once they made it there, they were instantly attacked by spiders, sliding down from the ceiling with their web. Stepping in front of the two, Yuki grinning. "Stay behind me and do what you need to do! We're strong as a unit!"

The paladin struck out her pink lance at all her targets, hitting everything with a single sword art. The spiders followed up with their own attacks, attacking with their large appendages, chunking the paladin for nearly no damage.

image.thumb.png.75a66d29e2ecde393e6036d097811d56.png

Yuki: 905/910 (16+9) | 64/76 (-4+8)| DMG: 6 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 139 | BH: 9 | BLD: 24/2 | DoT Restst: 25%+25%(1st proc) | Thorns: 56
Night: HP: 990/990 | EN: 96/96 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 22 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 6 | PARAV-D: 1 | LD: 8 | PROSP: 6
Arabelle: 660/660 HP | 66/66 EN | 20 DMG | 4 ACC  | 3 LD | 3 PROSP

Cavern Spider 1: 470/550 (-24+56) | DMG: 144
Cavern Spider 2: 470/550 (-24+56) | DMG: 144
Cavern Spider 3: 526/550 (-24) | DMG: 144
Cavern Spider 4: 526/550 (-24) | DMG: 144

• 3 weeks later...

Venturing into the depths of the tunnel. Their surroundings darkened, but as with most [Nature’s Treasure] locations, the way was lit with sets of glowing stones and fungi planted at the edges of their path. Torches provided by players who’d come before helped fill in the gaps; in the shallow area the party of three were in now, blind spots were few and far between. Low-light debuffs wouldn’t be a problem.

“I see. That’s some admirable dedication.” –Not to mention, a tank’s build was already fully functional without uniques. Following their shield’s instruction, she’d set an unhurried pace behind Yuki with their third companion trailing beside her. Fingers interlaced behind her back, Arabelle turned a cordial smile in NIGHT’s direction as the talk of dividing loot fell between the pair with similar builds. “I don’t need unidentified weapons,” she decided. “Really. All that I’m constantly running out of these days are materials. And I’d like to have a stock of consumables ready to use once I reach Tier 3, so if you don’t mind, I’ll take those too.”

How they would divide the remaining col was still up in the air when their first set of victims descended from the ceiling. 

“…Right when I nearly forgot how unpleasant some of these mobs are.” 

Small green lights danced atop her palm before shooting up in the air at a snap of her finger to form a thin black scythe easily larger than her person – the weaker of her two weapons. Arabelle followed close after the paladin’s attack, aiming to capitalize on their enemies’ current position. One large slash, then another barely a moment after, halved the health bars of all but one arachnid which remained at the edge of her reach. 

A decent start. The girl quietly tutted to herself in disappointment before clearing out of NIGHT’s range.

Spoiler

Explode Catapult (20 EN)
ID: 154084 | BD: 6 | 20 * 14 = 280 DMG -> Cavern Spider 1
ID: 154085 | BD: 1
ID: 154086 | BD: 6 | 20 * 14 = 280 DMG -> Cavern Spider 3
ID: 154087 | BD: 6 | 20 * 14 = 280 DMG -> Cavern Spider 4

Yuki     | HP: 905/910 | EN: 64/76 | DMG: 6 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 139 | BH: 9 | BLD: 24/2 | DoT Restst: 25%+25%(1st proc)
         | Thorns: 56
Night    | HP: 990/990 | EN: 96/96 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 22 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 6 | PARAV-D: 1 | LD: 8 | PROSP: 6
Arabelle | HP: 660/660 | EN: 46/66 | DMG: 20 | ACC: 4 | LD: 3 | PROSP: 3

Cavern Spider 1 | HP: 190/550 | DMG: 144
Cavern Spider 2 | HP: 470/550 | DMG: 144
Cavern Spider 3 | HP: 246/550 | DMG: 144
Cavern Spider 4 | HP: 246/550 | DMG: 144

In truth, NIGHT hadn't expected a third party to join them this day. But the more the merrier, right?

If it hadn't been Arabelle, NIGHT would've been quick to agree. Still, it was different this time, when the girl seemed to have swapped out of her commander's uniform and instead appeared dolled up in casual street fashion. Hell, the woman barely even identified the performer on her first glance, forced into a double take when the approaching apparently called out to herself. "M-morning," NIGHT returned with a dip of her head, gawking more in surprise and relief. Whatever tension she'd usually felt around the girl had seemed to have fallen away into nothing.

Not to say she should get used to feeling comfortable. They were about to head out to grind, after all.

The group headed inwards. Immediately the conversation of splitting their drops came up at Yuki's notice. With Arabelle requesting the materials and consumables, that left NIGHT with the weapons. It's not like she'd needed it at this point, but She couldn't complain about the prospect of finding something neat from her pile, and she'd nodded, accepting their conditions. "Got it."

Then there were spiders and NIGHT nearly freaked at the sight. She'd summoned her blade after a beat's hesitation, watching her allies swarm the troupe with sword arts. Was it her aggression for these monsters in spite of holding back that sundered their health bars magnificently to their end? While most of the creatures were low, her attacks had marked her skills having struck critical weak points in her foes after all. At least they were gone.

Except one. NIGHT shuffled quickly away to the room's side when she'd realized it still stood tall.

Spoiler

ID: 154125 | BD: 14 (10, +4)
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Spider #1.
22 + 2 = 24 DMG | 24 * 12 = 288 DMG

ID: 154124 | BD: 6 (2, +4)
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Spider #2.
22 * 12 = 264 DMG

ID: 154123 | BD: 6 (2, +4)
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Spider #3.
22 * 12 = 264 DMG

ID: 154122 | BD: 14 (10, +4)
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Spider #4.
22 + 2 = 24 DMG | 24 * 12 = 288 DMG

Spider #1 | HP: -98/550 (-288) | DMG: 144
Spider #2 | HP: 206/550 (-264) | DMG: 144
Spider #3 | HP: -18/550 (-264) | DMG: 144
Spider #4 | HP: -42/550 (-288) | DMG: 144

[2, 1, 1, 2] NIGHT | HP: 990/990 | EN: 80/96 (-16) | DMG: 22 | MIT: 6 | ACC: 4 | PARAV-D: 1 | LD: 8 | PROSP: 6
[3, 3, 3, 3] Zajcica | HP: 905/910 | EN: 76/76 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 139 | EVA: -1 | BH: 9 | BLD: 24 | DoT Resist: 25%+25% (1st proc)
[1, 0, 1, 1] Arabelle | HP: 660/660 | EN: 46/66 | ACC: 4 | LD: 3 | PROSP: 3

Loot:

ID: [163119] | LD: 27 (19, +8) | CD: 4 | 6,930col, Tier 3 Materials (3), Tier 3 Unidentified Perfect Consumable (2), Tier 3 Unidentified Perfect Armor (2)
ID: [163118] | LD: 26 (18, +8) | CD: 3 | 6,930col, Tier 3 Materials (3), Tier 3 Unidentified Perfect Consumable (2), Tier 3 Unidentified Perfect Armor (2)
ID: [163117] | LD: 22 (14, +8) | CD: 1 | 6,930col, Tier 3 Materials (3), Tier 3 Unidentified Perfect Armor (1), Tier 3 Unidentified Perfect Weapon (1)

The paladin grinned as her two friends seemingly were getting along. Good, she was worried for a moment that they might not like each other. Well, no time to think on that much longer as three more spiders crawled down from the ceiling. Noticing Night's discomfort with the arachnids, Yuki quickly got on making her attacks so that they would only focus her. Even with a missed strike, the spiders all still focused her, surrounding her and biting her with their large fangs. The two other women could only hear her chuckling.

"It's too easy!" She said looking at her health bar nearly tick back up to completely full. Nothing here could kill her while she had her two damager companions with her. "Wouldn't it be more fun if you illicit some sort of danger silly spiders? You're hurting yourself more than you're hurting me!" She laughed as she stood there and let the spiders bite her.

@Arabelle @NIGHT

image.png

Spider #5 | HP: 550/550  | DMG: 144
Spider #2 | HP: 182/550 -(6*4) | DMG: 144
Spider #6 | HP: 470/550 -(6*4+56) | DMG: 144
Spider #7 | HP: 436/550 -(8*4+56+24) | DMG: 144 | BLEED: 24 [1/2]

[0, 1, 0, 0] NIGHT | HP: 990/990 | EN: 80/96 (-16) | DMG: 22 | MIT: 6 | ACC: 4 | PARAV-D: 1 | LD: 8 | PROSP: 6
[1, 6, 3, 4] Zajcica | HP: 900/910 -[(144*3)-(139*3)]+9 | EN: 66/76 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 139 | EVA: -1 | BH: 9 | BLD: 24 | DoT Resist: 25%+25% (1st proc) | THRNS: 56
[0, 0, 0, 0] Arabelle | HP: 660/660 | EN: 46/66 | ACC: 4 | LD: 3 | PROSP: 3

• 2 weeks later...

What sort of game designer would think it fun to give players the full VR experience of fighting spiders a hundred times their usual size?

Well, on second thought, she might have done that if she had the capability too. But as a pawn in their game, the small purple-haired girl wasn’t equally as entertained. Luckily, she found that her companions were more than capable. Their paladin merely laughed as she fulfilled her role without flinching, and though NIGHT shied away as soon as the arachnids began to show more signs of aggression, the swordswoman had felled three mobs with one AoE. 

“Good damage–!” Another rending slash brought their newest opponents’ HP down to half. And following through her momentum, the weakened mob was knocked up to the ceiling where the colorful burst of its death animation revealed another spider lying in wait. Arabelle stepped back for good measure and resumed a looser grip on her scythe. “I should still have enough energy to kill another group.”

Spoiler

Explode Catapult (22 EN)
ID: 157024 | BD: 4 + 4 = 8 | 20 * 14 = 280 DMG -> Spider #5
ID: 157026 | BD: 2 + 4 = 6 | 20 * 14 = 280 DMG -> Spider #2
ID: 157027 | BD: 4 + 4 = 8 | 20 * 14 = 280 DMG -> Spider #6
ID: 157028 | BD: 3 + 4 = 7 | 20 * 14 = 280 DMG -> Spider #7

Looting
ID: 157044 | LD: 12 + 6 = 18 | CD: 8
--[550 * (4 + 3)] + (550 * 2) + (550 * 2)
   = 6,050 col
--[x1] T3 Rare Armor/Shield [157044]
--[x1] T3 Rare Consumable [157044]

[0, 1, 0, 0] NIGHT | HP: 990/990 | EN: 80/96 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 6 | ACC: 4 | PARAV-D: 1 | LD: 8 | PROSP: 6
[1, 6, 3, 4] Zajcica | HP: 900/910 | EN: 66/76 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 139 | EVA: -1 | BH: 9 | BLD: 24 | DoT Resist: 25%+25% (1st proc) | THRNS: 56
[1, 1, 1, 1] Arabelle | HP: 660/660 | EN: 25/66 | ACC: 4 | LD: 6 | PROSP: 3

Spider #5 | HP: 270/550 | DMG: 144
Spider #2 | HP: 0/550 | DMG: 144
Spider #6 | HP: 190/550 | DMG: 144
Spider #7 | HP: 156/550 | DMG: 144 | BLEED: 24 [1/2]

Her appreciation welled up in her throat, and it would've stayed there had NIGHT not forced herself to speak. An expelled breath, the rumbling of her voice unusual between the fright and the concept of speaking in combat.

"...Thanks."

The introduction of yet another spider did nothing to welcome her further to the cavern of loot wonders. As Arabelle drew back, NIGHT dashed inwards, hoping that in her arcs around the pack and the new entrant that all of her attacks would land. She chased the figures together with her steel, stabbing into the creatures when she'd guessed their health bars would cause them to shatter.

She'd gotten only two right. At the last, she found it still whole, and squeaked when it turned around to face her, jostled by the weapon lodged in its body. Two clicks of its fangs together was enough of a warning for NIGHT to scurry away at light speed, still trembling at the monstrosity's hyper realistic details.

The woman swallowed, shifting her sword to the ready for the next round of attacks. "I'll-- I'll clean up," she stated when she finally managed to find a shrivel of composure.

@Zajcica

Spoiler

ID: 157083 | BD: 10 (6, +4)
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Spider #5.
22 * 12 = 264 DMG

ID: 157082 | BD: 10 (6, +4)
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Spider #6.
22 * 12 = 264 DMG

ID: 157081 | BD: 13 (9, +4)
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Spider #7.
22 + = 23 DMG | 23 * 12 = 276 DMG

ID: 157080 | BD: 11 (7, +4)
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Spider #8.
22 * 12 = 264 DMG

Spider #5 | HP: 6/550 (-264) | DMG: 144
Spider #6 | HP: -74/550 (-264) | DMG: 144
Spider #7 | HP: -120/550 (-276) | DMG: 144 | BLEEDING: 24 (1/2)
Spider #8 | HP: 286/550 (-264) | DMG: 144

[1, 1, 2, 1] NIGHT | HP: 990/990 | EN: 65/96 (+1, -16) | DMG: 22 | MIT: 6 | ACC: 4 | PARAV-D: 1 | LD: 8 | PROSP: 6
[1, 3, 4, 0] Zajcica | HP: 900/910 | EN: 66/76 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 139 | EVA: -1 | BH: 9 | BLD: 24 | DoT Resist: 25%+25% (1st proc) | THRNS: 56
[1, 1, 1, 0] Arabelle | HP: 660/660 | EN: 25/66 | ACC: 4 | LD: 6 | PROSP: 3

Loot:

ID: [163121] | LD: 28 (20, +8) | CD: 1 | 6,930col, Tier 3 Materials (3), Tier 3 Unidentified Perfect Consumable (2), Tier 3 Unidentified Perfect Armor (2)
ID: [163120] | LD: 10 (2, +8) | CD: 10 | 8,662col, Tier 3 Materials (1), Tier 3 Unidentified Rare Trinket (1)

• 3 weeks later...

The paladin readied her next sword art, her lance glowing with a pink hue. It hummed with power as she slashed it through her two targets, eliminating one immediately and leaving the remaining spider wounded. It bounced back at her, sinking it's tiny - well tiny for it - fangs into her shoulder. Needless to say, she hardly felt the damage at all.

Judging by how long they had taken to remove these spiders from their presence, she was sure that her damage buddies were getting somewhat low in their energy reserves. Even if hers was doing alright, she couldn't risk them getting too low and being unable to participate in the fight at their fullest. "We'll take a break after this round! Finish them off quick!" And just as she spoke, more spiders spun down from the ceiling. "Well, shit."

image.png

Spider #5 | HP: 6/550 | DMG: 144
Spider #8 | HP: 210/550 -(20+56) | DMG: 144
Spider #9 | 
HP: 550/550 | DMG: 144
Spider #10 | 
Spider #11 | 

[1, 1] NIGHT | HP: 990/990 | EN: 65/96 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 6 | ACC: 4 | PARAV-D: 1 | LD: 8 | PROSP: 6
[1,0] Zajcica | HP: 904/910 | EN: 59/76 -(8)+1 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 139 | EVA: -1 | BH: 9 | BLD: 24 | DoT Resist: 25%+25% (1st proc) | THRNS: 56
[1, 0] Arabelle | HP: 660/660 | EN: 25/66 | ACC: 4 | LD: 6 | PROSP: 3

image.png

Col: (550*8) = 4400

1 Perfect Consumable
1 Rare Trinket

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there was no other option. She was the one who'd alerted the other two to her draining energy bar after all. As two more arachnids threw themselves into the one-sided slaughter, the small purple-haired girl nodded in silent agreement.

Arabelle often made it a point to not waste her attention on needless things mid-battle but — they could have lasted a little longer.

Willing herself out of her fixation on the line of their status bars, her quiet sigh was drowned out by the soft crackling of energy from the weapon at her side. Her turn was up: she started her routine again. Steel drenched in neon plunged into their opponents' frames. Oh, that one looked like it had been here for too long; she completed her sequence with a decisive blow to its head. 

She skipped to a stop, pressing the back of her hand to her mouth. In the brief lapse between the mob's death and the system's full erasure of its model, she'd keep her gaze averted from the severed head that had landed near her feet.

Spoiler

Explode Catapult (22 EN)
ID: 163090 | BD: 6         | 20 * 14 = 280 DMG -> Spider #8
ID: 163091 | BD: 10        | (20 + 2) * 14 = 308 DMG -> Spider #9
ID: 163092 | BD: 2 + 4 = 6 | 20 * 14 = 280 DMG -> Spider #10
ID: 163093 | BD: 8         | 20 * 14 = 280 DMG -> Spider #11

Looting
ID: 163094 | LD: 16 + 6 = 22 | CD: 8
    -- [550 * (4 + 3 + 2 + 2)] = 6,050 col
       , x1 T3 material
       , x1 T3 Perfect Armor/Shield
       , x2 T3 Perfect Consumables

[1, 1, 0, 0] NIGHT | HP: 990/990 | EN: 65/96 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 6 | ACC: 4 | PARAV-D: 1 | LD: 8 | PROSP: 6
[1, 0, 0, 0] Zajcica | HP: 904/910 | EN: 59/76 -(8)+1 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 139 | EVA: -1 | BH: 9 | BLD: 24 | DoT Resist: 25%+25% (1st proc) | THRNS: 56
[2, 2, 1, 1] Arabelle | HP: 660/660 | EN: 3/66 | DMG: 20 | ACC: 4 | LD: 6 | PROSP: 3

Spider #8  | HP: 0/550 | DMG: 144
Spider #9  | HP: 242/550 | DMG: 144
Spider #10 | HP: 270/550 | DMG: 144
Spider #11 | HP: 270/550 | DMG: 144

Clean demolish work. Well, save the one spider head that bounced on the floor for a second. It disintegrated into data given the time NIGHT had kept it within her view, and though it might've been a distraction from the player's focus on the fight, her movements hadn't been swayed otherwise.

But the outcome still turned out to be... lack luster.

Look up 'QQ' on a dictionary somewhere in Aincrad -- one might've found NIGHT illustrated in the corner of the pages, face aghast with horror as she realized that her strikes only managed to push her opponents' health bars into the red. One had managed to go down (thankfully), but for the two that remained, the sliver of pulsing crimson meant that they continued to pose a threat to her eyes Yuki. A clumsy stumble backwards and NIGHT repositioned her blade out in front of her, returning to a defensive stance.

Not that she'd get hit. She trusted Yuki well enough to keep aggro. On the other hand, if they even brushed up against her--

@Zajcica

Spoiler

ID: 163114 | BD: 9 (5, +4)
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Spider #9.
22 * 12 = 264 DMG

ID: 163113 | BD: 12 (8, +4)
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Spider #10.
22 * 12 = 264 DMG

ID: 163112 | BD: 10 (6, +4)
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Spider #11.
22 * 12 = 264 DMG

Spider #9 | HP: -22/550 (-264) | DMG: 114
Spider #10 | HP: 6/550 (-264) | DMG: 114
Spider #11 | HP: 6/550 (-264) | DMG: 114

[1, 1, 1] NIGHT | HP: 990/990 | EN: 52/96 (+1, -14) | DMG: 22 | MIT: 6 | ACC: 4 | PARAV-D: 1 | LD: 8 | PROSP: 6
Zajcica | HP: 904/910 | EN: 59/76 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 139 | EVA: -1 | THRNS: 6 | BLD: 24 | BH: 9 | DoT Resist: 25%+25% (1st proc)
[2, 1, 1] Arabelle | HP: 660/660 | EN: 3/66 | DMG: 20 | ACC: 4 | LD: 6 | PROSP: 3

Loot:
ID: [163122] | LD: 12 (4, +8) | CD: 2 | 7,996col, Tier 3 Materials (1), Tier 3 Unidentified Rare Trinket (1)

Yuki coraled the remaining spiders against the wall, using her massive weapon to threaten them with the release of death that they were so close to. A grin on her face, the paladin tried to spear the both of them, but came up short. The spiders retaliated, one missing completely while the other clamps down on her shoulder with its little fangs.

Its was probably better that one of the others get the final blow anyways. They have better chances with luck than she did to get good gear. She was only here to be their bulwark. "Arabelle, if your out of energy, go ahead and start resting up. Me and Night will finish this them up" The tank said, blocking attacks with her shield as they came at her. She looked over to Night and nodded as if to tell her to finish them off. After this, they would take a well deserved break.

image.png

Spider #10 | HP: 6/550 | DMG: 114
Spider #11 | HP: 6/550 | DMG: 114

[1, 1] NIGHT | HP: 990/990 | EN: 52/96 (+1, -14) | DMG: 22 | MIT: 6 | ACC: 4 | PARAV-D: 1 | LD: 8 | PROSP: 6
[1, 1] Zajcica | HP: 909/910 | EN: 58/76 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 139 | EVA: -1 | THRNS: 6 | BLD: 24 | BH: 9 | DoT Resist: 25%+25% (1st proc)
[1, 1] Arabelle | HP: 660/660 | EN: 3/66 | DMG: 20 | ACC: 4 | LD: 6 | PROSP: 3

• 5 weeks later...

Oops, they’d miscalculated–

As NIGHT’s AoE failed to drain the last two mobs’ HP, the small purple-haired girl’s scythe swished to the side and she leaped back. Yuki – noble, heroic Yuki – immediately cornered the surviving pair. She, unfortunately, didn’t contribute the last points of damage they needed to get the encounter over with, but knowing that the arachnids could not reach her without having to plow past the tank’s massive shield first was always a welcome fact to Arabelle. Her respect for the paladin silently increased twofold.

Pity she couldn’t end them. Arabelle had considered the order for a moment before she nodded cheerfully. “Okay!” It did matter who killed the mobs – Arabelle and NIGHT came prepared with their own set of looting buffs since they were both dealing the damage, but on account of the latter’s higher level, she could only guess NIGHT would have the better stats. 

Not that she’d asked.

Arabelle settled atop a rock, chin on her palms, elbows propped, and her scythe gently laid on the ground beside her. “Good luck, I suppose…?”

Spoiler

No action.

[1, 1] NIGHT | HP: 990/990 | EN: 52/96 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 6 | ACC: 4 | PARAV-D: 1 | LD: 8 | PROSP: 6
[1, 1] Zajcica | HP: 909/910 | EN: 58/76 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 139 | EVA: -1 | THRNS: 6 | BLD: 24 | BH: 9 | DoT Resist: 25%+25% (1st proc)
[1, 1] Arabelle | HP: 660/660 | EN: 4/66 | DMG: 20 | ACC: 4 | LD: 6 | PROSP: 3

Maybe she'd focused too much about getting herself right up close with them. Enough so that Cardinal had decided to give her that push whilst she was holding her blade aloft, looking for the right moment to strike. One mistimed shift of her weapon and suddenly the edge started to glow, NIGHT's eyes widening at the sight when she and the system registered the unfortunate mishap of a paltry, single-target [Straight].

shenearlybumpedintothethingassheboltedtowardsthespidersdirectionohgodpleasepleaseplease

"S-shoot--!!"

Her insistent shifting had lodged her a distance away from the target the moment she'd landed, thankfully, even though it'd put her behind enemy lines. With one enemy out the way, the player should've felt a little less worried about their quarry-- except there was one overgrown arachnid left, still attempting to jump towards Yuki with very little success on its part. Never mind the fading particles or the three weapons she'd recently managed to pick up, there was still a gross threat on the field; NIGHT kept her eyes on it, just in case it decided not to play nice all of a sudden.

Spoiler

ID: 167404 | BD: 8 (4, +4)
<<Straight>> vs Spider #11.
22 * 2 = 44 DMG

Spider #10 | HP: 6/550 | DMG: 114
Spider #11 | HP: -38/550 (-44) | DMG: 114

[1, 2] NIGHT | HP: 990/990 | EN: 54/96 (+1) | DMG: 22 | MIT: 6 | ACC: 4 | PARAV-D: 1 | LD: 8 | PROSP: 6
[1, 1] Zajcica | HP: 909/910 | EN: 58/76 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 139 | EVA: -1 | THRNS: 6 | BLD: 24 | BH: 9 | DoT Resist: 25%+25% (1st proc)
[1, 1] Arabelle | HP: 660/660 | EN: 4/66 | DMG: 20 | ACC: 4 | LD: 6 | PROSP: 3

Loot:
ID: [167407] | LD: 28 (20, +8) | CD: 6 | 12,127col, Tier 3 Materials (1), Tier 3 Unidentified Perfect Weapon (3)

!! Disclaimer: Discarding Roll IDs: #167405, #167406. Reason: h. my brain fried for like 2s when im rolling. i meant blast. im so sorry. ;_;) ill just be nice and play it straight orz