[F1|PP]<<Earning a Living>>Perfumes!

On Floor One again and doing this quest once more. Her friend, the pink haired tank, had needed to do something urgent, so Shye was forced to abandon the last time, but this time she was properly equipped and ready. Though, it might be lonely to go out and gather on her own. She opened up the Jacob's Ladder menu, showing the names of all their players listed out neatly. This would be a great chance for her to meet someone new, and to get this quest done once and for all. She looked through the names, noticing that there were only two people that she had yet to meet so far, Oikawa and Beat. Oikawa was a familiar name. She clicked on his name and started to compose him a message.

@Oikawa 

You probably don't know me, but I'm one of the newest members of Jacob's Ladder. I'm good friends with Shield and an aspiring healer. I just want to meet everyone in the guild and not make myself a stranger. I'm going on a quest on the first floor to get my profession, so I would be pleased if you could join me and we could get to know each other better!

Sincerly, Shye.

And with that finished, the message was sent.

Spoiler

General
Level: 10 | HP:  200/200 | Energy: 20/20

Stats
DMG: 2 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | Rec 1 | LD: 4+3

Skills
First Aid | R1+1
Gatherer
Searching | R1

Equipment(In use)
Butterfly Headphones: LD 3
Gaea Foundation: Expertise/Recovery
Tough Cloth:
 EVA 3

Equpiment(Standby)
Shinkyuu Hari:
 BLD 2; DMG 1

Consumables
Starter HP Potions(x3)
Mochi Supreme - LD III < Using

Arms crept towards the ceiling as Galilea belted out an unnaturally loud yawn. Long blinks attempted to accustom her to sunlight bestowed up on her as she sat up from her grassy perch. Naps were not usually on her list of 'to-do's' and even less likely to be outside. But the warm glow of the sun was welcoming and for once she succumbed to her need for a recharge. Sitting up properly, she took notice of the flashing message icon just on the edge of her view. Scanning it's content's, Galilea's brow furrowed. Can't say I've heard Oikawa mention her before. Perhaps she is a new addition as well, she mused.

Pressing up into a standing position, Galilea dusted her clothes as she began heading her short walk back into town. Typing a quick response, she flicked the menu from view and stopped to make sure her appearance was in order. Satisfied with her cascading purple strands, she entered town only to nearly stumble directly into the girl she was supposed to be meeting.

Catching herself, Galilea glanced over to ensure the other girl was fine.

"Uhm.. sorry about that. Didn't even see you there. Shye right?" She gestured to the ginger.

Spoiler

LVL: 16

HP: 320 | EN: 32 | DMG: 1 | MIT: 40 ACC: 3 |  EVA: 0 | LD: +3

+18 Thorns (When hit by a Non-Critical attack, deal unmitigated damage to the attacking enemy.)

+1 First Aid (Heal 4% of a target party member’s maximum HP (rounded down). Cannot target the user.)

+1 Taunt (Gain +1 Hate when using Howl, Focused Howl, and on successful attacks.)

MODIFIED STATS

HP: 0 | EN : 0 | DMG : 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0

BUFFS

Unused

Unused

Unused

EQUIPPED ITEMS

Accessory: Aladdin's Ring - Perfect Trinket [+3 Loot Die]

Armor: Impenetrable Shell "Achilles" - Perfect Heavy Armor [+27 Mitigation]

Shield: Lacerated Answer "Pridwen" - Perfect Shield [+1 Taunt | +18 Thorns]

BATTLE READY ITEMS

x5 Health Potions of Uncommon Quality [Heals a single target for 40 HP.]

x1 Damage Potion [Gain +1 Base Damage. Effect lasts for one thread.]

x1 Over-Health Potion [Adds +50 to your maximum HP. Effect lasts for one thread.]

x1 Super Lucky Matcha Mochi - [Gain +3 to the LD. Effect lasts for one thread.]

x0

SKILLS & MODS

1. Block [Rank 1]

2. First Aid [Rank 1]

3. One-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 2]

4. Heavy Armor [Rank 1]

Survival

Edited by Galilea

The girl took a step back as someone nearly ran into her. A purple haired girl with some red markings on her face. A bit of an odder one in the game than she is used to.

"H-Hey there, are you- No, Oikawa is a guy. Did Oikawa send you?" She asked. Scrolling through the names of all the Jacob's Ladder members, she realized that she had missed one person's name. "You are either... Beat, or Galilea. I'm pretty sure that Beat is a guy as well, so you must be Galilea. Well, nice to meet you! I'm a newer player to the game and looking to grab a profession. Since I want to be a healer, I'm going to be taking the Alchemist route. I hear it's really helpful for healing after all." Shye began to lead them out of the city and into the field. It shouldn't take her long to find materials this time.

Once they stepped outside the city, there was a bundle of three materials laying directly next to the safe zone edge. This new skill was already making life insanely easier.

@Galilea

image.thumb.png.9e5fb8dddf5c99706951b086405ec64b.png

LD: 18+7=25
CD: 6 - Gatherer activated!
Materials Found: 1+2

Edited by Shye

"Oikawa? No. I'd hate to be confused with idiot," she joked. Taking a second, she quickly rattled out. "Ah he and I go a little way back, so pardon my words. We often tease each other. But yes, I am Galilea. I'm not sure who Beat is though." She was unsure on how she had received the message meant for Oikawa but shrugged it off as an error with Cardinal. Focusing on Shye as she led the way, Galilea was intrigued to hear that another healer had joined the guild. "That's interesting. I too plan to a be a healer though more of a 'Berserk Healer' than your traditional one. But I plan to support as a Performer rather than an Alchemist since I can still create Mass Healing and Instant Healing recording crystals as well. I can also have De-Buffing recording crystals, which serve better in my support role as half-time damage dealer." Trying to keep pace with Shye, Galilea quickened her own step to stay in stride.

"You already seem to be hitting stride with this quest collecting three materials in a row. I still need to re-take this quest myself to switch over from artisan."

Gathering:

ID: 148976 LD: 14 (11+3) [No Materials Found]

Materials: 0

@Shye

Edited by Galilea

The girl listened quietly, making sure not to interrupt Galilea while she spoke. A damage/healer type hunh? Shye was going more defense to stay alive, so being able to make overhealth potions and likewise were essential. Not to mention making buffs for Shield and the others with her crafts.

"If you're a damage healer, I guess you could consider me the opposite to you. I'm playing it safe with being able to take hits while I'm healing. I don't like to participate in combat, because I'm somewhat of a scaredy-cat to be honest. I'll let everyone else focus the front while I support them!" She said happily, noticing a large cluster of more materials sticking out of a bush. She rushed over and collected them quickly. Already she had hit her mark for the quest.

"That's done. But I think I should focus on collecting some more materials before starting a shop. Why don't we stick around and collect some for awhile and talk!"

@Galilea

image.thumb.png.2f9ba2690f1622f9d89cd54cc757ad71.png

LD: 14+7=21
CD: 10 - Gatherer activated!
Materials Found: 1+3

Edited by Shye

"I see," nodded Galilea. "We're nearly two peas in a pod," she shook her head. "Or however that saying goes." Shye managed to collect yet another grouping of materials. Easily surpassing the needed quest amount. However, rather than return to town, she offered to converse and gather more materials with Galilea. Though Shye was much more chatty than Snow or Titan, Galilea wasn't too opposed to her company. After all, they were guildmates.

Curiosity then bested her, as she transitioned to a separate patch of plants in hope of finding a material. "So what made you join Jacob's Ladder? Who recruited you?" She was genuinely curious. Even Galilea herself hadn't met most of the guild members. Having only really known Calrex and Oikawa, she hadn't met the other three Pillars or any of the non-Pillars save for Titan, who had mysteriously run off during their first meet-up.

Gathering:

ID: 149228 LD: 4 (1+3) [No Materials Found]

Edited by Galilea

It was nice to see that her guild mates were so nice. No one here was really mean or anything, or judged her. Though, she wondered how Galilea would react if she told her about her being an absolute noob.

"Well, Mari brought it up to me first, but then I happened to meet Shield. He persuaded me to join the guild since I was going the healer route. After that, I met Calrex after I joined the guild and now you. I'm probably the weakest of everyone in the guild since I'm barely breaking double digit levels." The girl giggled thinking about that. She really was the weakest of all of them, but she wasn't that worried about it just yet. "I guess Shield really wanted to help me since I'm extremely timid and... uh... I've um, never played a video game in my life. The only reason I'm here is because some pretty unfortunate prank that wasn't meant with as much ill-intent." 

image.thumb.png.9a9175a9457cc9dfe0fee7364bb659b0.png

LD: 6+7=13
CD: 12 - Gatherer activated... oh nothing found...
Materials Found: 0

Edited by Shye

"Weak is subjective," she chimed in. "Everyone pulls weight in their own way and even though the guild is open, they still sought you out and asked you to join. That has to count for something right?" Galilea assumed that was all there was to it, until Shye mentioned having never played a video game before. "Uwah? You've never gamed before this?" The news was rather shocking to her, but not unheard of. That being said, it was the cruelest of pranks to be stuck in here because of one. "I'm not sure I should be scared for you or mad for you honestly. The prank while light-hearted one could assume, the results are anything but given our circumstances. Nonetheless, you seem to be doing well enough in here so jokes on them," she countered while staring at the lack of materials in her collection.

"Is the <Gathering> skill really that beneficial, or is it more so the LD bonuses? Because this is pitiful," she voiced aloud.

Gathering:

ID: 149274 LD: 4 (1+3) [No Materials Found]

Edited by Galilea

Galiliea was keen. She must know the skills in the game better than Shye does. The only reason she bought the Gatherer skill was cause she knew she would be gathering a lot for her profession. It wasn't just gathering though, it was also the rank she put into Searching.

"Well since I intended to be making a lot of potions, I figure it was smart to collect as many materials as possible and-" She was cut off when she found a large clump of materials ripe for picking. She slid over and scooped them up, moving all four of them into her inventory. "And I'm starting to enjoy material gathering now. I used to be so bad at it!" She giggled. Thinking about her brothers joke with putting her in this game, she was sure he wouldn't have done it if he knew that it was a death game.

"My brother likes to pull harmless little pranks on me cause he knows how timid I can be. He had me calibrate the Nervegear thing and activated it while I had it on my head. Then I couldn't figure out how to leave. I don't blame him. He couldn't have known or even wanted something like this to happen."

image.thumb.png.e360ec4ff7544f28207130926425837c.png

LD: 20+7=27
CD: 12 - Gatherer activated!
Materials Found: 4

Total Materials: 11

Edited by Shye

"Easily said when you're finding them by the bushel," retorted the girl as she managed to find her first material since they had embarked on this quest. Listening to Shye, Galilea could only wonder if she regretted putting on the nerve gear. But rather than ask that, she posed a different question. "You're rather upbeat for someone who was put here by accident. That said, I can respect that you don't let it get you down." She twirled a lock of hair behind her ear. The idea of searching for more materials was becoming less lucrative the more she tried to do it.

"What are your plans once we make it out of here? Do you still have goals and ambitions, or do you think you'll be a different person once you come out of this?" Galilea posed this question a lot to herself and she always found the answer hard to b certain. But she liked hearing other people's perspectives.

Gathering:

ID: 149465 LD: 23 (20+3) [Materials Found]

Materials: 1

Edited by Galilea

"You think that just because I'm upbeat and happy that I'm not terrified of instant death claiming me? I'm horrified." The girl said, her mood shifting pretty quickly. If she thought about things like this, it would only feed into her fears. That wasn't something she needed. "I don't want to die in here, but I don't want others to die because I didn't help them. I want to get stronger and help the front liners so that they can help us all get out of here as quickly as possible. With people like Shield and Mari, we can do tons to help clear floors if we all come together and work like a team, rather than being cowards in the starting city and letting only a few people bear the weight of saving everyone.

She cleared her throat, picking up another batch of materials while she thought about it. "I'm sure that the game will leave a lasting effect on me for my entire life, but I want to go to school for cosmetics. Makeup and hair for movie stars, or working in a well known salon. Maybe that sounds kind of dumb, but it's what I like, I guess. Turning passion into a paycheck, or whatever the saying is. What about you?"

@Galilea

image.thumb.png.52ee4f48cb9ece0b54602a5d3ce333b3.png

LD: 11+7=18
CD: 3 - Gatherer activated!
Materials Found: 2

Total Materials: 13

Edited by Shye

Galilea never meant to imply that the girl wasn't scared or aware of how dangerous this situation was. She merely noted that despite all of this, that she decided to let her outward appearance not be dictated by what she felt inside. But Shye had already hit her stride and rolled right into her next topic after collecting another grouping of materials. Galilea agreed with her sentiments however. With stronger players like those in Jacob's Ladder, they as a guild could collectively help the community and themselves to get everyone out. Something she was sure everyone wanted. Failing to gather a material for what felt like the eighth time, Galilea's brow rose as Shye mentioned her school plans once she got out.

"Cosmetics isn't a bad profession and I would never look down on someone for following their passion," she admitted. "As for myself. I'm unsure. I wanted to be a video game designer or director. Create something as monumental as this," she stated while gesturing to the assets around them. "But after being stuck in here, I'm not sure I want this to be my path anymore. It's as you said, a life changer."

Gathering:

ID: 149527 LD: 10 (7+3) [No Materials Found]

@Shye

Edited by Galilea

Another cluster of materials spawn at the feet of Shye. Bending down to pick them up, she smiles happily. She was basically a beacon for free materials now and it felt great to do absolutely nothing and get rewarded for it. A nice change of pace from her usual luck, or maybe she was just forcing the luck to work in her favor.

"I can see how you would want to change your ideals based on this experience, but if you love the idea of making a world as beautiful and well designed as this, who is to stop you? That world could be amazing in its own way, and hopefully it won't force players to die just to get out of it. I bet you could make something that people will absolutely love and get invested in if you put your heart and soul into it. Otherwise, do something that makes you happy in the end."

@Galilea

image.thumb.png.2d5533071ba54e2883c431fa15fd611e.png

LD: 13+7=20
CD: 6 - Gatherer activated!
Materials Found: 3

Total Materials: 16

Edited by Shye

"Hmm fair enough," grumbled the purple-haired woman as she continued to inspect the surround patches for materials. Perhaps she is right. Your path is what you make it. Don't let the steps of your predecessors ruin the stride you plan to takeshe thought. Though like most things, they sound good in your head but usually are hard to manifest out loud. But Shye had a point. In the end, she should do whatever makes her happy. Whether that is video game design or something else, she was unsure. But there was no reason to sell herself short on her dreams before giving it a try.

Shy continued to collect items by the bushel. At this point it was just plain pathetic to try and even remotely keep up. Whether luck was completely on her side, or the skills she invested in were carrying the load mattered not. What did matter was that she was well beyond the needed limit for the quest and maybe heading back would save Galilea some of her pride. "Perhaps she we should begin to head back. You still have to craft the item and that may take a while if you're unlucky."

Gathering:

ID: 149730 LD: 8 (5+3) [No Materials Found]

@Shye

Edited by Galilea

Galilea was right. Even though she had finished the material gathering, she still had to go and finish the last part of the quest in order to get her rank as an alchemist. After learning the Alchemy skill, she could make potions and crystals that would save people's lives one day. The simple thought of that made a smile form across her lips.

"Right, let's head back. Thank you again for coming with me. I didn't expect combat but it's always safe to bring a friend when all of your skill investments are put towards helping others stay alive rather than fighting an enemy." Approaching the safe zone barrier of the town of beginnings once more, the red head spots one last bushel of materials not far from the entrance. She scoops them up quickly and passed through the ethereal barrier. The path back to Zachariah wouldn't be a long one.

image.thumb.png.58871bfb1bbefdb6c127b8ba2c50e767.png

LD: 12+7=19
CD: 8 - Gatherer activated!
Materials Found: 3

Total Materials: 19

Edited by Shye

Galilea nodded at Shye. "No worries. Better to be safe than sorry." Advice that should live by but so often did the opposite. As the girl managed to collect yet another bushel of materials, Galilea all but decided to give up on her own search. Today just wasn't her day and she needed to accept that and move on. Sighing, she quickened her pace to follow  Shye back to town. Her guildmate still needed to craft before the quest was officially over but the hardest part was complete.

The town quickly bobbled into view. The well traversed path ingrained from months of exploring differed vastly from the lush greenery that surrounded it. Looking up, she remembered that she still needed to re-take this quest as well. Passing through the entrance, Galilea turned to Shye. "Hey is it possible you could help me with the Performer equivalent of this quest? You seem to have a real knack for gathering materials and I will need that knowledge for my quest if you're up for it? We can talk it over more once your done though," she stated gesturing to Evangeline's shop.

Gathering:

ID: 151186 LD: 7 (4+3) [No Materials Found]

Edited by Galilea

With the final bit of her materials in tow, the girl followed with Galilea back to the shop that was necessary to complete her potion making escapade. After this, she would be able to make a shop that would help aid everyone in Jacob's Ladder. That being said, she had no idea where she would actually put the shop. Maybe within the confines of the guild base? That would probably be the best place to do so.

After several insanely bad tries at crafting something worthwhile, Shye finally finds her eureka moment. The last try she makes on a salve would be enough to make it as perfect as possible. Once the item was finished, she tagged it as a Pheromone for her own use later and made a description. Once all that was done, she looked over to Galilea and nodded. "Alright, lets go do yours now. It would only be fair for me to help you with yours."

@Galilea

image.thumb.png.d0f8cbbe419885ae6092670293c9abbb.png

Crafted T1 Pheromones

Edited by Shye
  • 2 weeks later...

The bubbly girl quickly entered the shop. Galilea had half a mind to just wait outside, but the sounds of failed potions caught her interest. Peering through the window, she watched as Shye attempted craft after craft before finally managing to create what looked like a pheromone potion. Pushing through the wooden door, Galilea went in to congratulate her. Evangeline seemed to have the same sentiments as they both clapped in unison.

"Nice one Shye," she managed to mutter out. Galilea did not often compliment others. Insults being far easier to come by but by having guildmates, she figured her attitude would need to change to some extent.

"Alright, lets go do yours now. It would only be fair for me to help you with yours."

Galilea simply nodded. She still disliked charity but in a way, she had asked for it with her earlier comments. Holding the door open for Shye to pass through, she gave Evangeline a slight bow before exiting the shop. Looking around, she searched for signs leading to Alyssa Singular's studio. Having little luck, she turned to Shye.

"Any idea where the Performer shop is?"

Giving her companion a quick smile at the praise she was receiving, she gave her a nod. "Thanks. This stuff is hard to get the hang of at first, but I'm sure with a little practice, I can get the hang of it. Whatever helps us all get out of here faster."

When Galilea brought up the question about where the performers shop was located, she had absolutely no idea. The fact that she was able to find Evangeline's shop in the first place had to be a miracle. "Uh... Perhaps we should ask a few other players where the shop is. If neither of us know where it is, we'll stand around lost forever. -Oh, also, here take these."

Opening her menu, Shye pulled out the materials that she had gathered, split them in half and handed one of the split packs over to her new friend. "I felt bad that you found nearly nothing. Besides, when we head out I can always collect more. Share the wealth and all that!"

Spoiler

Shye transfers 9 T1 Materials to Galilea.

"Naturally, practice will be needed. But you have the drive so I do foresee you excelling nonetheless," Galilea admitted. Shye looked around just as puzzled as she. Galilea sighed then chuckled as Shye mentioned asking for help from the local players. Great more charity,  she thought as Shye offered her a handful of materials. While still inclined to deny them, she would be rude in doing so and still wanted to make a good impression on her new friend.

Collecting the materials offered to her, Galilea winced as Shye mentioned feeling bad for her. There it was again. Pity. She hated being pitied. Thinking better of it. Galilea returned the materials. "I appreciate the thought, but you earned these fair and square. You should keep them," she explained as she placed the materials back into her hand.

Turning on her heel, she spied a little sign just north of them with the symbols of music etched into them. "Perhaps that way?" she asked gesturing tot he sign. "I'll meet you over there," she said softly before taking off with her head down.

Eventually I'll have to get over it...but I hate being pitied...

@Shye