[F1-PP] Better Result? (Fourth Lessons)

Sam wakes suddenly from a chime to her HUD. "OH GOSH WHAT TIME IS IT!!!" Sam screams to an empty room freaking out because she wanted to get up early with Eruda. Not seeing her around, Sam checks the time as it was only 7am. "Dam...I was hoping to get up a bit earlier," saying as she gets to her feet. Running around Eruda's shop grabbing her things and rushes out the door. Looking back realizing that she didn't shut the door, she runs back and does just that. Sam runs toward the beginning city as she opens her HUD and digs through the guild chat to confirm her team up this time around. She then sents a message to Griswold, Shiina, and Kasumi saying "I'm heading to the starter city now, Ill meet you guys there for the quest," not worried about how the message sounded she sends each with the chimes of her HUD unleashed. 

Arriving at the quest board and accepting the fourth lessons quest...Sam stands there trying to catch her breath before the others showed.

Spoiler

Sam - The Red Rose:

Level: 11

HP: 220/220

EN: 22/22

Weapon: Grand Cleaver - Stone (Damage 3)

Misc: 

Misc: Silver Band - Farore's Wind: +3 Loot Dice

Damage: 9

Loot Dice: +3

Skills:

Two-Handed Battle Axe (Rank 3): 5 Damage

Battle Ready:

Edited by Sam

The bright blue gemstone just newly fitted into a socket in a band of silver. "There we go." Kasumi speaks softly in the interior of her shop, still hard at work but was becoming quite proficient at this after all her hard work. A sudden message draws her attention, placing the tweezers down she shifts it open. It was from Sam, the fourth lesson chain was in effect. A quick fired response to Sam:

I'll be there shortly!

~Kasumi

Placing the ring down near a pair of freshly made red rimmed glasses, Kasumi hurries off and starts to equip her gear. A few moments later, her shop is under lock and she rushes to floor 2's settlement through the fields of the crossing. A flash of blue energy brings her back to the first floor, and rushing to Sam's side "Sorry if I am late!" she exclaims with a slide to a halt, fixing her hair that had found a bit of frizz from the sprint.

Spoiler

Kasumi, The Blossom:

Level: 14

HP: 280/280

EN: 28/28

Equipped:

Weapon: Master White Hand Wraps (T1/Perfect/Hand-Wrap) +3 Damage

Armor: White Red-Trimmed Gee (T1/Perfect/Light Armor) +3 Eva

Misc: Mugen Tenshin Decree (T1/Perfect/Clothing) +3 Acc

Damage: 9

Evasion: 3

Accuracy: +3

Loot Dice: +3

Skills:

Martial Arts Rank 3 (+5 Base Damage)

Concentration [Extra]: +1 Accuracy on next attack, 3 turn cool down

Battle Ready:

Orange Hairband (T1/Perfect/Clothing): +3 Loot Dice

Edited by Kasumi

A message pops up on his HUD, wiping his brow for a moment as he halts his hammering of a spherical stone laced with metal. "Hmm, bout that time eh?" Griswold chuckles and replacing his cobalt helmet, ripping the chisel head from his hammer converting it back from a pickaxe to a mallet. He was already on floor 1 just outside the walls, having run a little short on material for what he was working on. A newly coined grandmaster, his work was top notch but persistent. The clattering of his armor was audible as Griswold beats a path back to the city, cutting his nature's treasure short. Shuffling it to completion on the blasted board he could hardly get the working of. "One second Sam, I'm just..." Griswold punches it getting a bit pissed at all the little finer details it took to operate this contraption but finally getting it completed. "There, now I am ready."

Spoiler

Griswold, The Forgemaster

Level: 12

HP: 240/240

EN: 24/24

Equipment:

Weapon: Horadric Malus [Warhammer] (T1/Perfect) +3 Damage

Armor: Cobalt Rattlecage - Juggernaut [T1/Perfect/Heavy Armor] (Mitigation 3 [+27 Mitigation])

Misc: Plated Foundation - Impact [T1/Perfect/Shield] (Thorns 2 {18}, Paralyze 1 {9-10})

Damage: 5

Mitigation: 39

Evasion: 0 or less

Thorns: 18 Unmitigated Damage vs Successful attacks on Enemy BD: 6-8

Paralyze [Shield] (9-10)

Skills:

Warhammer Rank 1

Block Rank 3 [+12 Mitigation]

Concentration [Extra]: +1 Accuracy on Next Attack, 3 turn cool down

Battle Ready Inv:

Reinforced Chisel Head [T1/Perfect/Trinket] (+3 Loot Dice)

Edited by Griswold

A ringing HUD pulses, on top of a table a pile of papers rustles about. "Shoosh, wha? what WHAT." Shiina exclaims silencing the little bugger that kept on screaming disturbing her slumber. "K.." Shiina grumbles as she hops down, scattering the papers everywhere as she leaves the tabletop. Around her store, she piecemeals back together her equipment that was strewn about the chamber in fragments. Slipping them on as she shuffles to each like a zombie. Opening the door to a violent assault by the morning sun, Shiina hisses like a serpent before giggling. Heading toward the city of coral she activates the gate and lands in the town of beginnings. A loud yawn with a stretch of her appendages overhead, Griswold takes to fixing her armor on correctly while her arms are raised to which she just accepts. "What we doin' miss thang?" Shiina asks perplexed as the last of the party finally arrives.

Spoiler

Shiina, Resonant Valkyrie:

Level: 12

HP: 240/240

EN: 24/24

Equipment:

Armor: Wings of the Valkyrie - Origin [Heavy Armor] (T1/Perfect) +27 Miti

Misc: Sapphire Hair Clips [Trinket] (T1/Perfect) +3 LD

Damage Mitigation: 27

Loot Dice: +3

Skills:

First Aid: Rank 1

Concentration [Extra]: +1 Accuracy on next attack, Cool down 3 turns

Battle Ready Inv:

N/a

"I guess the last of the lessons quest line. The fisherman needs our attention this time. Lets head docks to have a chat with him to see what he wants us to do." Sam sents a party invite to all, along with a quest share. Sam started heading to the docks where they had all been once before. While walking Sam askes the group "Do you know what quest Raidou wants to bring us on? It's a bit nerve racking not knowing.

Getting to the docks Sam has a coversation with Pete. "So you want us to use your boat and this fishinh pole to fish out a sword fish an kill it? Really thats all?" Pete responds with "Yes Mam, and I will be coming along as well. The danger for most is unknown so don't die okay?" saying with a smile. Pete gets his boat ready for sailing out 4 people including himself. Sam looks back at the group with a half smile saying "This should be easy right?" She waits for the others to talk with Pete. 

A short word with Pete alongside Sam beckons her to join the girl on her seafaring vessel, the older gentleman handing Kasumi a rod who bows. The rod seemed ill suited to her delicate grasp, but she was determined to try none the less casting the line to the water as the boat comes to a halt. "I wonder how long this will take, I see you've joined the guild." Kasumi spoke toward Sam in an attempt at conversation to pass the time, as she was not sure how long this endeavor would take after all. A sudden jerk on the pole causes her short stature to jerk forward. A bit of grimace she tries with her might to pull against the beast, it was unbelievably heavy. "Oh!?" Kasumi exclaims a bit frightened not sure what to do, putting her feet to the side of the boat as it shifts a bit from the weight. Shiina rushes to her side "Jeeze that was quick!" grabbing her waist and they both begin to slide. Griswold chuckles for a moment, as both of the girls are beginning to slide out of the boat "I've got yah girls" Tapping his brawny arm Griswold's massive stature wraps around Kasumi and Shiina both before he heaves hard with them in a bear hug ripping the swordfish free that flops about in the boat.

ID# 150196 results: Craft: 11 [On the Line!]

Edited by Kasumi

Griswold unhinges himself from the huge hug he was giving them, still holding tight on the rod however as he was not about to let it go "Don't get close! a creature that size would crush you flat." he explains to Shiina. It flails about in visual discomfort, thrashing rather aggressively with its maw still tethered to the rod in Griswold's hand. Ol' Pete barks "Be careful he's a willy one, need to take it out before he tears this ship apart." the blacksmith turns to Shiina "Get behind me, I don't want you to get hurt." as he looks to Sam and Kasumi as if his eyes were telling them he would keep the line taught and it would be on them to finish the thing, if he were to let go it may become more capable of ripping through the structure they were standing on leaving them stranded in this ocean.

Griswold bearhugs them both making extracting the massive fish much easier given he was built for such tasks. He takes control of the rod, giving Shiina some words of warning. Tapping Griswold's backside as he turns "Ok big guy, I'll hide in your butt. You bop it good K?" Shiina smiles as she shifts behind the huge structure that was the guilds blacksmith. The swordfish was not stopping in its hyperactive flopping around as some of the wood underneath it was beginning to splinter. "Get to it then, before we sink!" Ol' Pete shouts with a wave of a rod of his own, he was not prepared for such a hurried pull of the creature aboard the vessel to be sure. "Sam you get it, get it good!" she cheers the jet black haired girl on, as she wasn't really concerned with drowning, Shiina just wanted a good show given she could write about it.

Pulling her weapon the minute the sword fish come onto the boat, she gets ready. Sam feels the boat rocking around from the large fish flailing about. At first Sam struggles to keep her footing but the moment Shiina run behind Griswold and says "GET IT GOOD SAM," she grins. Her axe begins to glow deep red as she was intending to use a new sword art to follow up. Sam uses the momentum and weight of the Axe to swing upward, above her head and in the same movement she forces it downward aiming for the head. Upon the large amount of force, the head of the large sword fish explodes causing the brains and scales to splash everyone on the boat. The boat shakes from the sheer impact but then levels out. Sam retracts her Axe back onto her back and stares down at the headless fish. Slowly looking to Pete as his eyes were wide staring at Sam. "Will that be all Pete," Sam says with the only words that she could force out. 

Activating Torque Wave!

ID# 150211 results: Battle: 10 Major Critical! Sam vs. Sword-Fish dealing 11*5=55 damage killing it

Players:                           
Sam:    220/220    17/22    DMG: 9    LD: +3            
Kasumi:   280/280    28/28    DMG: 9    EVA: +3    ACC: +3    CONC [0/3]
Griswold:    240/240    24/24    DMG: 5    MITI: 39    THRN: 18    CONC [0/3]    Para 1 [Shield]
Shiina:    240/240    24/24    DMG: 1    MITI: 27    LD: +3    CONC [0/3]

Hatred:    Mobs:        
(0,0,0,0)    Sword-Fish    HP: -20/35    DMG: 5 (50 on First)

Edited by Sam

As quickly as it begins it ends as Griswold holds the light taught and Sam succeeds in beheading the target while it is held down. Off the side of the boat, Kasumi upchucks as the water and the violent display causes her stomach to unsettle. A dab of her mouth and a slide down the boat as the paste of fish begins to turn to data, Kasumi does her best to settle herself sitting with her legs pressed to her chest. Pete extrudes a jolly cheer as the shock wears off from him, doing a little jig as he would be eatin' good tonight. She needed to get home, to unwind, and to come to terms with what had just happened. She was still a bit reticent to this sort of death and violence, it was going to be a process for sure. The blossom with orange hair buries her face into her crossed arms, trying to hold back the tears that welled in her.

With a hearty cleave from Sam the line Griswold was holding tight goes limp, the beast in one fell swoop gets obliterated by the girl. Griswold drops the rod as he does the same to his jaw. "Alright then, that's how you do it. That's putting Tristram steel to work lass!" Griswold exclaims with a clap of his hammer on his shield, a rallying cry to her efforts with the weapon the smith had forged for her proving well suited to her grasp. Moving over to the carcass with a kick confirms its dead, Kasumi seemed disturbed by the fact it was killed. "Its alright lass, there is nothing to fear. It was necessary and we have no time to falter." Griswold offered the girl a pat on the shoulder, attempting to quarrel the girls uneasiness like a father to his kin. Standing up straight, Griswold speaks in another hearty tone "Come, we have a quest to complete." as he offered his rather large hand to the small child.

Edited by Griswold

Sam did a fair job of blowing the swordfish to smithereens, Shiina is covered in the junk it produced before it turns to data. With a sudden "Blegh!" Shiina shakes for a moment allowing the paste to flow off of her frame as she wriggles about like wet hound. "Gottem Sam, you did the thing!" Shiina extrudes sliding past Griswold as he was consoling Kasumi. Patting Sam's behind and looking now over the freshly clean kill, she begins to poke her finger into the remaining carcass. "Ew...its squishy." Shiina remarks with one shut eye and her tongue sticking out as she continues to prod it despite the fact. Pete begins to shuffle the boat back toward the shore "Good lord, This trip was so damn fast and you managed to damage my boat in the process. You crazy lunatics need to get off my boat before you sink her to the bottom of the ocean!"

Sam sits next to Kasumi while the boat started to peddle backwards toward shore. Very little time was spent on the sea's and Sam was proud of herself but she was feeling a bit woozy as well. This was her first time being on a boat and because the combat was over, her mind started thinking the worse of the moving water. Putting a hand on Kasumi's back rubbing it slightly as she says "This combat thing will get easier. I do have to say it will get worse before it gets better though. I'm sorry I made you upchuck. Didn't really know what to expect with this though and for that I am sorry." Sam gets to her feet as they reach the docks and everyone's HUD chimes in unison upon the quest completion. She hops off the boat onto solid ground and looks to the group. "Who wants some food. I'll pay for the group and it might help our stomach settle a bit," as she looks to Kasumi with a hand out to help her off the boat.

Kasumi grumbles a bit still unsettled with the sway of the water providing no comfort to her sickness, Griswold, and Sam doing their best to comfort the girl. Eventually the boat ceases to rock as it becomes tethered to the dock from which it seemed as though they just left. Kasumi stands a bit uneasy just wanting to get off this boat with slowed an uneven step, walking with her hands on its rim as they slide. "Get the hell off my boat you nuts!" Ol' Pete exclaims snatching a rod from Shiina's hands and shoving the reward into Sam's hands. To the edge of the vessel Kasumi finally reaches it, Sam mentions food and through her haze Kasumi cannot help but retch again at the thought of food. "I think I need to lay down." she mumbles as the day had proven way too much for her to handle.

Griswold pats her back with Sam who as soon as the boat comes to shore extricates herself from the vehicle "That was a rather easy trip, good going lass. Sure I could go for some grub." as at his back Kasumi hurls he turns and shutters "Sorry girl, just let it out." placing his meaty appendage on her upper back to keep her from sliding off into the water. Pete starts to shout and yell tossing something to Sam and ripping a pole from Shiina who pouts, he is clearly not happy with his face a tomato red. "Hold your horses, can't you see she's having issues." Griswold gets rather irritated with the crotchety old man "I don't really care, get the hell off of it before your gigantic a** sinks it further!" he shouts waving the rod in his hand like a cane, as stereotypical as it got for the old codger, filling the template of angry dinosaur to the letter.

While Griswold and Sam are tending to Kasumi, Shiina gets a bit bored with jabbing her tiny finger into the blue scaled carcass and finds the fishing pole that was still intact. Flailing it around without the slightest idea how to use it, she starts hooking objects in the vicinity at random. Some rope a barrel you name it. Eventually coming to shore as she is still whipping it about like its a sword, making noises with her mouth with each turn "Pssh~ waaow"

Pete was the first to attempt to step off, and Shiina unknowingly latches the hook into the hat on his head. Now it was an energy sword with a hat! Shiina chuckles after noticing the liver spotted bald head of the NPC. Rushing past him in hopes to swipe the tool, Pete yelps and rips it out of her hand "Thats not yours you little..." Noticing the straw topping latched to the string and then tapping his head. He had had just about enough of these hooligans, as his blood began to boil.

Sam realized that Pete was getting super irritated. Even though he was just an NPC she felt the need to move quickly and to not add fuel to the fire. Sam sends Eruda a quick message saying "Kasumi isn't feeling well. Your shop is the closest. Can I bring her there to rest for a while?" A chime as the message was sent, glancing back at Kasumi with a frown who was struggling to get off the boat another chime of her HUD activated. Opening the message reading "Yes sure, I won't be back for a while but sent her my regards." Sam nods at this and walks back to the boat and lifts Kasumi on her back not caring at this point if she made a mess on her shoulders. Carefully stepping off the boat while holding Kasumi on her back she starts heading to Eruda's shop. Updating the team Sam says "I am going to take Kasumi somewhere to rest and I will meet you guys in town to get something to eat. I am a regular at the inn in the town of beginnings so we will meet there. My treat!" 

Trying hard not to move too fast Sam arrives at Eruda's shop with Kasumi still on her back and says "You can rest here for now. Eruda said it was fine. Plus I have been staying with her so you can lay in my bed till you get your wits back." Sam set Kasumi down and points to her cot. "I hope you feel better soon. You can lock the door if you feel safer like that." Sam waits by the door for Kasumi to either object or gets comfortable before leaving her alone. "If you want me to stay with you that would be an option too," saying with Kasumi's best interest in mind.

A tall girl Sam was, her feet not touching the ground in the piggyback, to a small building on floor 1 Kasumi did not recognize. Scrounging about the interior of the tailoring shop, a hint of dust clung in the air as if some of it had not seen activity in some time. She peels covers to her neck and begins to fade out "I'll be ok, you should go and have fun." Kasumi whispers as, despite the sudden illness brought about by multiple factors, she wished Sam to the others as she would be fine. Shutting her eyes she found the place brought about a familiarity but she couldn't place how come, I mean she knew Eruda but the sense of Deja Vu was stuck in her mind under the warmth of the covers. She cropped it up to the problem she was having and nothing more as she drifted off to sleep.

Griswold helps Sam tote Kasumi by lifting the little thing and helping Sam position her right, "Alright lass, you've got her?" he asks as Sam nods. "Meet you in town then." as he turns and shakes his head as Pete is wallowing in the damage to his ship "These damn adventures and there crap, the hole the cracks the craters why must I deal with these idiots." Griswold takes a turn and heads away from Pete who despite the issues, it was a ploy as he flashes a thumbs up to which none of these players see. "Come back and see me boy." the crotchety old fellow whispers looking to the pole he swiped from Shiina. It takes only a few moments before a trail is burned into the town of beginnings, the tavern just beside the quest board in the center of the city. Into the warm lit interior Griswold sits as a bar maiden NPC takes to his side, as Sam would surely be along shortly.

Shiina skipped along in front of the party, yelling over the shoulder to Pete "Later Pete, yah butt!" with a snicker as Griswold and Sam handled the girl with orange hair. Shiina was fully fixated on the coming meal. She pauses every few leagues to make sure Griswold was on her tail before buzzing around further. Into the town of beginnings which was ripe with activity, players in standard gear and green cursors exchanging foodstuffs and equipment. Occasionally the girl eyeballs one of the stands until Griswold beckons her to focus on the destination. Into the warm lit interior of where Sam was going to meet them, the barkeeper's heart sinks. "YOU!" Shiina points to her face "Who Me? Couldn't be!" with a smile, as the NPC's gaze quickly shifts to Griswold "Keep her on a leash or I'll have you kicked out of here." to which Griswold lifts her off the center of the table she had climbed on top of.