[PP|F02]<<Long Live the Queen>>Reunion

Floor two. Yuurei had done her best to stay on lower floors, but even she broke away from the norm and tried to get up to floors 2-4. Floor 5 always sucked because of the stupid sand. God she hated the sand so much. Actually who didn't hate sand, plus the sandstorms were annoying as [censored]. If any weather was nice, it was rain.

Oh wait, rain. She recalled a few nights ago when she traveled with the girl named Bistro. They hunted to get her a familiar and it reminded her of a person that tried to help her out of her box. Shield. She needed to message him and see how he was doing. It was really unceremonious for her to just bail on him during the familiar quest when they were already so far into it. The pressure ate her alive, however, and she just had to return home. She opened the menu with Shield, displaying messages from years and years ago. Would he even recognize her?

@Shield

Hello? Shield? You probably have forgotten me at this point. I don't blame you, but if you do remember me, you should meet me on Floor 2. Let's catch up and talk.

From, A Ghost.

Spoiler

General
Level: 4 | HP:  80/80 | Energy: 8/8

Stats
DMG: 5 | EVA: 0 |  ACC: 0 | MIT: 18 | HM: 2 | Rec: 2

Skills
Curved | Rank I

Equipment(In use)
Yuurei Shikiri: Dmg III
Yuurei no Kaze: HM II; Rec I
Samurai's Plate: MIT II; Rec I

Equipment(Standby)
--

Consumables
(5x)Starting Healing Potion[50 HP]

Shield

Spoiler

» Shield, The Immovable Object

• Modified HP:
  • Modified EN:
  • Modified MIT:
  • Modified ACC:
  • Modified DMG:
  • Modified EVA:
  • Battle Heal:
  • Search: +1 [Yamata No Orochi Statue]
  • Temp Buff:
  • Temp Buff:
  • Temp Buff:

» Base Stats

• Base HP: 1850
  • Base EN: 176
  • Base MIT: 181
  • Base ACC: 0
  • Base DMG: 2
  • Base EVA: -1
  • Battle Heal: 92 HP
  • Search: +5

» Items Equipped:

• Manticore Mask - T3 Perfect Shield - Flame Aura I / Taunt / Mitigation I
  • Stinging Nettle - T3 Perfect Heavy Armor - Envenom (Defensive) I / Thorns II
  • Blessed Greaves - T3 Demonic Heavy Armor - Mitigation II / Holy Blessing II
  • Wedding Ring [+18 MIT]
  • Hammerspace Backpack (HB) +1 BR item (allows stacks up to 7)

» Battle-Ready Inventory:

• Golden  Keys x7 | Unique Item | +2 Search on Chests
  • Basic Teleportation Crystal x4 | Good Item | Teleports player to the Town of Beginnings
  • Safeguard Potion x3 | Perfect Tier 1 | Safeguard

» Skills:

• Searching | 5 Ranks | +5 Bonus to LD, +0 to Stealth Detect
  • Battle Healing | 5 Ranks | While in combat, recover 1% per rank (85HP) at the beginning of your turn
  • First Aid | 5 Ranks | +4% HP per rank (+20% HP) on Post Action
  • Picking | Purchased | +3 LD when opening chests
  • Heavy Armor | 5 Rank | +35 Mitigation
  • Energize | Purchased |  Restore 8 EN to target
  • Block | 5 Ranks | +25 Mitigation
  • Howl | Purchased | +2 Hate against each opponent (up to 4)
  • Fighting Spirit | Purchased | +1 Hate when using Howl or Focused Howl
  • Parry | Purchased 3 Turn Cooldown | 5 Energy | Reduces incoming damage by 50%
  • Fishing | Purchased | Fish for equipment and gain prestige among old men

» Extra Skills:

• Concentration | No Ranks | Gain +1 BD for a single attack | 5 Turn Cooldown
  • Familiar Mastery: Healer |  3 Ranks | +135 HP (Does not require post action)
  • Martial Arts | 1 Rank | +1 Base Damage per slot with Unarmed Weapons
  • Meditation | Purchased | Recover an additional 15 EN on Post Action | 3 Turn Cooldown
  • Survival | Purchased |  Increases out of combat health regen to (15xTier) 45 per post

» Mods:

• Athletics: +1 DMG +45 HP
  • Focused Howl: +4 Hate against single target on Post Action
  • Dismantling: +2 LD when opening chests
  • Stone Wall: +Gain 10 MIT and 45 HP from heavy armor. Reduces DOT by 25%. -1 to Evasion.
  • Sharpness: Gives target +[Target's Tier] to Base Damage for 2 turns | 1 Turn Cool Down
  • Justified Riposte: A successful Parry also stuns the target for 1 turn. | 3 Turn Cool Down
  • Vengeful Riposte: A successful Parry returns 50% of DMG back to your opponent - mitigatable. | 3 Turn Cool Down

Shield sat in his kitchen up in the mountains outside of Taft on the eleventh floor. It was one of the brief moments he would get to himself throughout the days when he wasn't grinding for loot or working in his shop. He was finishing up a light meal of some sushi that Beat had made for him and was just about to head out when he got a message, which was unexpected, and it was from a player who had dropped off the face of Aincrad years ago, which was even less expected. She signed her name unusually, but there was no mistaking the name that came up in his inbox. As he left his front garden, he took his strides at a quicker gait. He penned a quick response.

Yuurei,

Glad you're still in one piece. I'll be there.

-Shield

He made quick work of the mountain trail and short time on his walk to the edge of Taft. All in all, a walk that normally took him an hour took him about forty minutes. By the time he arrived in Urbus, he had caught his breath and was ready to see what exactly was going on. The missive he had received had not been particularly detailed, after all. He caught sight of a distantly familiar face and raised a hand in greeting.

Edited by Shield

It took longer than she thought it would. Fourty minutes had passed and Shield had still not made it to Urbus. He was probably busy since he was up near the front lines after all. Finding time to come down to these lower floors must be hard on his agenda. The emerald clad player took a seat near the teleporter in center of Urbus and waited to see the hazily familiar face waving her down. She waved back until they got within earshot. The player must look weird to him this time around. She had changed her appearance a bit and  was much more well equipped than when they last saw each other. The gear she was wearing probably wasn't the most optimal, but it worked with what she had wanted.

"Shield! It's been... well, years. I- I honestly didn't think you would even recognize me." The memories of her abandoning the quest they were doing came back to her. "I apologize for leaving back then. I- I was in a rough state of mind and in all honesty, I still am. I had been reminded of you when I helped a stranger find their familiar. I- I can't tell if I should attempt to give life one more try, but I don't think I'm ready for death yet. Can you... Can you help me again?"

The girl opened her menu and invited Shield to a party, then shared the quest with him. Long Live the Queen.

@Shield

Edited by Yuurei

Shield accepted the quest and the party invite without hesitation. "This game is taxing for everyone," he said, waving away the apology as something he didn't even feel he was owed. "We're all just doing the best we can day to day. I'm glad you remain in one piece, though I'm saddened to know that contemplation of death was so close to your mind. I think that anything we can do to not give Kayaba the satisfaction of dying in his death game is for the best," he said with a firm nod.

"And as far as helping, it's no trouble," he said, again waving away the thank you as unnecessary. "A tank is there to give the assist and keep people moving towards their goals. What kind of tank would I be if I refused to help someone who needed a leg up?" With that, he gestured for her to take the lead. She did indeed look different, but such things were never a big concern to him. A person what who they were, no matter what they looked like. "It has been a while since I've dealt with 'the queen' in her various forms," he went on, turning his focus to the quest at hand. "Refamiliarizing myself with the specs, I had forgotten how few hit points she starts out with. This honestly won't take long, so be thinking about what would be most helpful for you to do once the wasp is dead as long as we're both here."

"We're all just doing the best we can day to day. I'm glad you remain in one piece, though I'm saddened to know that contemplation of death was so close to your mind. I think that anything we can do to not give Kayaba the satisfaction of dying in his death game is for the best," Shield's words cut her a little deep. The contemplation of death was insanely heavy on her thoughts, but even still they continued to weigh her down. It a difficult hole to climb out of on your own, and she was starting to realize that.

"I have learned that even though I thought I could handle something like this on my own, it just isn't doable. I really do need the help of others to stop this raging ocean in my mind from sending my reasonable sense overboard. Back then, I thought I could just take my time and work it out, but now I know I need help." Should she even bring up the incident from yesterday to him? Or would that just worry him further? "Yesterday, I met a person who brought me back. I was attempting to suicide via boar, and it nearly worked, but...I- I got scared. I wanted to live. Someone helped me kill it and then we talked. I think that was a turning point. The reason I asked you to join me today was because I knew I needed someone to come along and you were one of my best friends before became a recluse. I don't want you to help me fight, but please don't let me die, yeah?"

The samurai led the way out of the safe zone towards the wasp's nest, making sure to keep up with Shield's longer stride.

"That... is not a small ask," Shield said. He wasn't sure if she was aware just how much that put him on the spot. "Another person can never be responsible for actions you do or do not choose to take on your own, but... even if I'm not well equipped for such a task," he said, knowing he wasn't, "one thing that I think is universally good for fighting back the dark is... community. A sense of purpose and belonging." His mind began to work ahead of his words. There were definitely a few players who would be better equipped to handle such situations, one of which being a player who had little value for her own life.

I wonder if putting Mari in that situation, making her see what it's like to face the hopelessness of another, if that might light a fire under her to overcome some of her own self-hatred. It's possible...

Shield continued his line of thinking. "I just recently started up a guild. I think you might find some of those things there, and more sets of eyes to keep watch to make sure you don't run off and do things you don't regret. I think you might enjoy meeting everyone as well. We're a small group, but the players we have definitely seem to care about one another."

A guild? She had never thought about joining one before, but Shield was right. If she truly did want to escape her mind, she would need to find friends. Friends like she had in the real world that could help her snap back to reality. "I'll join if you'll have me. I don't bring much utility or knowledge or anything really. When I asked if you'd make sure I don't die, I meant for the quest, not just in general. It would be awful to ask that of someone who barely knew me personally."

Coming up on the wasp's nest. The samurai took a moment looking at the enemy. She knew it would have trouble killing it, but she would likewise with her inability to use sword arts. Shield might actually have to help her if started taking too long. Nevertheless, she turned to him, brandishing her new katana. "I might need a little help, I wanna try my chances though and see how well I can do."

The light pink locks covered her face until she started running into battle, charging to fight, she swung mercilessly upward, creating a shallow mark on the Queen's body. It didn't like that very much. It's stinger reared back, ready to strike, she merely parried it off and stepped back. This was exhilarating! Fighting when she actually wanted to again. A smile grazed her lips, this was what it felt like to have fun after two years of confinement!

image.thumb.png.e1ede2706e1b35742245f98655f122ac.png

Yuu: 80/80 | 8/8 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 18 | HM: 2 | REC: 1

Queen: 46/50 | DMG: 20

Edited by Yuurei

Action: Focused Howl > Queen [-5 EN]

[H:1] Yuu: HP: 80/80 | 8/8 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 18 | HM: 2 | REC: 1
[H:7] Shield: HP: 1601/1850 | EN: 171/176 | DMG: 2 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 181 | BH:92 | HB: 48 | THN: 69 | ENV: 18/4

Queen: 46/50 | DMG: 20 - Attack vs. Shield - ID# 150908 results: MOB: 3+1=4 - Miss

"Well, if you wanted me to not kill it right away, that was a discussion we needed to have before the fight," Shield sighed. "The gear I'm wearing could kill her in a single turn if she hits me." The combat was already rolling, so there wasn't time to switch up his gear just yet. For now, he had to do what tanks do. Filling his lungs, he pressurized his air before sending out a concentrated cone of sound. "HEY QUEEN, HAVE YOU PUT ON WEIGHT!?" The many segmented eyes of the queen all swiveled about and pointed towards him. Her droning buzz kicked up to a new gear and she swung her swollen mass through the air, swinging her abdomen towards Shield.

The stinger missed him by a considerable distance, which for once he was okay with. "I'm gonna swap out the worst of my defensive damage. She'll still take some punishment if she hits, but it shouldn't be enough to one-round her anymore."

Edited by Shield

The emerald clad Samurai couldn't help but giggle at Shield's way of getting attention from the boss. It was clear that the mob wouldn't understand what he was saying, but still was funny enough to get a good chuckle from her.

A nod of confirmation to Shield allowing her to get more practice in was nice. She pulled up her katana and tried to activate a sword art like she could with a curved weapon, but it just would not allow her to activate the attack. Frustration swelled in her brow. A katana was basically a specially made curved sword, so why couldn't she substitute a curved sword art for the katana's?

She raised her blade, both hands grasping the hilt tightly, and swung as decisively as possible just as the Queen shifted it's position. Putting way too much force in the attack, the girl slipped and feel forward on her stomach. Her Katana shined with power, gaining a light glow.

"Crap..." The girl muttered under her breath, picking herself up.

@Shield

image.thumb.png.12a8b7bd18eaacfcedec10c651712f88.png

[H:1] Yuu: HP: 80/80 | 8/8 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 18 | HM: 2 | REC: 1 | Heavy Momentum Stack: I
[H:7] Shield: HP: 1601/1850 | EN: 171/176 | DMG: 2 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 181 | BH:92 | HB: 48 | THN: 69 | ENV: 18/4

Queen: 46/50 | DMG: 20

Edited by Yuurei

Action: Swapping Gear - [Removing: Stinging Nettle]

[H:1] Yuu: HP: 80/80 | 8/8 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 18 | HM: 2 | REC: 1 | Heavy Momentum Stack: I
[H:7] Shield: HP: 1601/1850 | EN: 171/176 | DMG: 2 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 181 | BH:92 | HB: 48 | FLA: 15

Queen: 31/50 | DMG: 20 - attack vs. Shield - ID# 151431 results: MOB: 6+1=7 - Hit! 20-181=1 dmg [FLA - 15 dmg]

"Wait," Shield said, watching Yuu stumble. "You have unlocked the Katana skill, haven't you?" His fingers slid his menu open and he quickly unequipped his first of two heavy armors, leaving only his shield and greaves equipped. "It's not just a matter of picking up a katana and swinging. You have to unlock the skill before you'll have access to the sword arts."

The Queen came in swinging, waving her fat body through the air and aiming her needled abdomen at Shield. The heavy hum of her wings grew louder until her stinger pierced him. However, as it withdrew, several scorch marks stood out on her body, the red welts glowing with the color of a fresh wound. "Yes, you're going to have to do a lot better than that, I'm afraid," Shield said with mock empathy. "Yuu, tell me what skills you've put points into," he said, keeping the chatter running as he sidestepped, making sure he could always see the younger player around the queen's bulk.

Edited by Shield

"Um..." The samurai sweat a little thinking about how low level she was and how she couldn't have more than a single skill yet. "I have invested only in a curved sword skill so far so that I could unlock the katana skin, but I can't get it to unlock no matter how hard I try. I keep trying to activate the sword arts, but they don't work. I have also unlocked the Survival skill before we met originally. I just don't have enough time practiced with the sword to unlock my skill I guess." A slightly aggravated tone escaped her lips as she attempted to make the sword arts work again. They continued to elude her though. Heavy momentum would help her deal some decent damage at least. The more she misses, the more she damages.

The glow of her katana building energy from heavy momentum was her signal to attack. She raised the blade in a moment of keen precision and sliced the hornet its back. The damage from the critical mixed with momentum nearly doubled her output from the original attack. "There we go, that made up for that crappy attack at least."

image.thumb.png.927fde55f1ba64fb519067a3e2c6514e.png

[H:3] Yuu: HP: 80/80 | 8/8 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 18 | HM: 2 | REC: 1 | Heavy Momentum Stack: 0
[H:7] Shield: HP: 1601/1850 | EN: 171/176 | DMG: 2 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 181 | BH:92 | HB: 48 | FLA: 15

Queen: 24/50 (-7)| DMG: 20

Edited by Yuurei

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+92 HP] Holy Blessing [+48 HP] CD [Sharpness - 0/2]

Action: Sharpness > Yuu [-11 EN]

[H:3] Yuu: HP: 80/80 | 8/8 | DMG: 4+1 | MIT: 18 | HM: 2 | REC: 1 | Heavy Momentum Stack: 0
[H:7] Shield: HP: 1850/1850 | EN: 161/176 | DMG: 2 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 181 | BH:92 | HB: 48 | FLA: 15

Queen: 24/50 | DMG: 20 - Attack vs. Shield - ID# 151447 results: MOB: 9+1=10 - Hit! 20+1-181=1 dmg

"You've unlocked the skill, but have you invested any points into it since?" Shield asked, having to raise his voice so he wouldn't be drowned out by the droning buzz of the matriarchal insect that loomed over them. "Any weapon skill, even extra skills that have to be unlocked, still require you to put the skill points in before you can access the sword arts." With the amount of damage Yuu was capable of limited by a lack of proper sword arts, Shield figured it was time to play proper support.

He unsheathed his sword and held it out in front of him, focusing on the tip of the blade. Wisps of red light began to coalesce at the point, forming together into a pale sphere of light. Shield turned to Yuu and gave his blade a flick, tossing the curious mass to her. "That will boost your damage for a couple of turns. Take your time, pick your moment, and see what you can do." The queen, taking advantage of Shield's teaching moment, rushed in and jammed her stinger into his neck, but he paid it no mind.

Edited by Shield

Pressure sweat down Yuurei's expression. Shield was watching and surveying her ability to fight. It had been years since she attempted any combat and she was worrying that she may have been taking it too seriously. Screwing up alone was fine, it just meant you were human, but having someone judging her while she struggled to work out her damage was worrying. The grip on her sword tightened, she would really need to unlock sword arts for the katana skill before her next time fighting in combat.

"A-Alright, here I go." The emerald clad samurai choked out, raising her sword once more with a confidence boost from Shield's damage buff leading her attack. The blade made another shallow mark in the Wasp Queen's body. It recoiled in pain from her attack even though she had only accomplished lowering its HP by about 10%. "How was that then?" She asked Shield, looking for some kind of approval.

image.thumb.png.8d9518d68541580609edacdcfdd27a45.png

[H:4] Yuu: HP: 80/80 | 8/8 | DMG: 4+1 | MIT: 18 | HM: 2 | REC: 1 | Heavy Momentum Stack: 0
[H:7] Shield: HP: 1850/1850 | EN: 161/176 | DMG: 2 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 181 | BH:92 | HB: 48 | FLA: 15

Queen: 19/50 | DMG: 20 

Edited by Yuurei