[F1 - R4 Cook][PK] Slow Days Cafe

~~ ~~

"Sometimes, the world starts to change at speeds you can't keep up with... So why not pull up a seat and take a break? Everyone needs to rest at some point... Everyone needs a place to call home. So let this be your home away from the world."

It almost feels... Warm.

~~ ~~

- Slow Days Cafe -
Rank 4:  89/159 EXP | This Week's Menu: Snacks, Desserts, Meals, and Tea!

On the first floor of Aincrad, there resides a nondescript building, two stories high, on the outskirts of the town. Normally, one would pass by such a building - very few windows (the few that do exist are made of paper), bland tan exterior, and the shoji double door does little to sway most passerby's interest. In all honesty, this can fool people into thinking that this is a player residence except for the fact that there is an open / close sign and a chalkboard right next to the door.

~~

Entering the cafe, one would notice the low light environment that was created by filtering out most of the natural light of the outside world. Four wooden booths that is almost waist height is laid about, with each booth containing a singular table and an assortment of pillows for both laying down and sitting. A small bookshelf can also be found (right next to the entrance on the interior of each booth), should someone wish to come in to read alone instead of conversing with a companion. All of this is compacted into an average sized room, fitting about sixteen customers total. Of course, more could be squeezed in, but the owner would do well to remind them to control their volume.

Due to the nature of this room, a rich aroma of tea and incense is constantly present, especially with the open window kitchen behind the shop counter that is small in comparison to more grand places. In fact, one can easily sit in front of the small shop counter as they wait for man to serve them. However, this comes with a drawback - anyone's eyes can be easily drawn to the seedier back entrance to the side, which almost certainly leads to outside the walls, if not to seedy alleyways that allows orange cursor players to come in. Nonetheless, the man behind the counter does well to glare at anyone who dare causes issue in this haven - regardless of their cursor color.

Should one inquire about a more private setting - though in all honesty, the quiet atmosphere of the first floor is enough for a private conversation anyways - the owner offers the second floor as place to meet. Four rooms. And much like the booths on the first floor, there is a singular table, pillows, and bookshelves. Unlike the first floor, there is sheets and even futons should you end up resting in the room. If it was any other place, perhaps they would've been kicked out. But the owner understands. Sometimes, people need breaks. He'll just quietly lock the door for the night, often taking a room himself or use the convenient space behind the counter.

He had intended this to be a home, thus it shall be a home. Not a permanent one though, he's just nice enough to lend a hand when people need it.

~~

- FEATURED MENU -

Spoiler

"I know I don't have much, but take a look!"

~~ ~~ ~~

[T1E3] Rich Egg-Tart | Stock: 2 | 
Roll ID(s): 152103, 152103-1

An egg tart baked to perfection! The crust is the right amount of crunch you'd expect from such a compact pastry, and let's not even forget about the perfect temperature that was done to complete the interior! The flavoring is so rich, one might even say it can make you richer!

Prosperity 3

300 Col / 4 Equiv. Mats

~~ ~~ ~~

- CUSTOM ORDER FORM -

Spoiler

Name: (I will name it, try me.)
Profession: Cook
ID: 
Roll: 
Item Type: (Anythin'.)
Tier: 1
Quality: (vanity/uncommon/rare/perfect)
Enhancements: (Check it out!)
Description: (I'll describe it, try me.)

T1 Uncommons: 150 Col / 1 Equivalent Mats | T1 Rares: 250 Col / 3 Equivalent Mats | T1 Perfects: 300 Col / 4 Equivalent Mats

- FULL MENU -

Spoiler

"Everything here is some of the more simpler stuff; minor pick me ups, you know?"

Vanity Items: Various Types of Tea, Eastern Cuisine, Sometimes Other Ethnic Foods.

~~ ~~ ~~

[T#E#] <Name> | Stock: # | 
Roll ID(s): #

<Description>

<Enhancement>

<Price>

~~ ~~ ~~

- KITCHEN -

Spoiler

~~ "Hey wait, you're not supposed to be back here!" ~~

No special tools can be seen through the open window. Just the traditional things you'd see in a kitchen.

The amount of effort that GetComfy puts in is quite interesting:

| Crafting Capabilitiy: Tier 4 | Crafts per Day: 5 |

[80-159 EXP] Rank 4 - Assistant Cook

"Hm..."

CD:
    [1] = Critical failure (Lose materials)
    [2-3] = Fail (Lose materials)
    [4-6] = Salvage (Keep materials on LD 11+)
    [7-9] = Uncommon item (1 slot)
    [10-11] = Rare item (2 slots)
    [12] = Perfect item (3 slots)

LD:
    [1-15] = No additional items.

[16-20] = Yields 1 additional item.

"I'll get better eventually..."

Critical Fail and Fail crafts: +1 EXP
Salvage crafts: +2 EXP
Uncommon crafts: +3 EXP
Rare crafts: +5 EXP
Perfect crafts: +8 EXP

Next Rank: [160-319 EXP] Rank 5 - Professional Cook:

~~

OOC Info

• If you wanna use this location for RP, go for it (Doesn't matter if it's here or in the beginner floors). If you need / want my presence, just tag me and I'll cameo for a bit.
  • You can use vanity equivalents of things in the menu for RP purposes, I don't mind.

Stockpile

Spoiler

[T#E#] <Name> | Stock: # | 
Roll ID(s): #

<Description>

<Enhancement>

<Price>

Roll IDs Snacks Dessert Meals  
Uncommon  

152165, 152165-1

Rare  

Perfect   152101
152103, 152103-1

Edited by GetComfy

5/23/20

Ah...

This.. This is unfortunate.

He had not expected the initial shop to be so messy, and he had put in a lot of work just to make it seem the way it does now! 

But that means he could not put that much work in for today. Then again, he was already limited by his own lack of experience in the game. Hell, if this was real life, he'd be much better of... Whatever. Mason will make do. He has to.

So what's the plan today? Tea? Some form of snacks? Let's see where it ends up for today...

Spoiler

ID 150912 | CD: 6 | LD: 7 | Fail!
ID 150913 | CD 3 | Fail!

+3 XP, -2 T1 Mats

Yikes. Another time perhaps?

Edited by GetComfy

5/24/20

Hm. Slow day. Fitting, considering you know, the name of the cafe. Nonetheless, that means there isn't profit being made... But that's fine. He just wants to offer assistance, that's all. Perhaps he should go out and offer something to the people? Hm...

Spoiler

ID 151133 | CD: 2 | LD: 7 | Fail!
ID 151134 | CD: 12 | LD: 16 | Success!

+9 XP, -2 T1 Mats, +1 T1 Perfect Snack

Well.. His first attempt was terrible. Not the worst, but definitely not usable... The second one though? It was perfect for what he was trying to make! Now, to put it on display for now. Thankfully, the game world is so lenient with how food and drinks are handled. A bit more levels for the next rank, and he can start makin' more!

Edited by GetComfy

Cafes... honestly she didn't frequent them too much back in the real world. Never had the time to just sit back and relax somewhere outside of a training facility, her father's dojo or their home. You'd think that inside a game, even a deadly one, the blonde would take her time and unwind once in a while. Turns out that in the absence of a physical body, Ariel turned out to keep herself even more busy. Today was such a day as she kept walking from shop to shop in search for a consumable she needed before venturing in the wild again to gain some cash. In  her haste she almost passed by this nondescript shop that only advertised itself via a chalkboard. 

Once she read the menu, which luckily consisted of only one item... and it was exactly what she needed. Without delay, the blonde entered the shop and placed her order sparing but a second to take in the surroundings.

"I'll take the egg tart please!" she said, short of breath and made a mental note of the shop's location while paying. Once she had what she needed Ariel waved on her way out "I'll be seeing you another time! I'm kind of in a hurry!"

Purchased [1] Rich Egg-Tart for 300 Col! (+200 tip)

Spoiler

[T1E3] Rich Egg-Tart 
Roll ID(s): 151134 

An egg tart baked to perfection! The crust is the right amount of crunch you'd expect from such a compact pastry, and let's not even forget about the perfect temperature that was done to complete the interior! The flavoring is so rich, one might even say it can make you richer!

Prosperity 3

Does that mean he has to clean up the menu again? Oh why... How can this happen to him..... Mason just slams his head back down onto the counter, a bit upset but not really because helping someone out is always great... Guess he'll have to bite the bullet and cross out the menu again. Or erase it-

Have I ever put that drink I made onto the menu in here? No I haven't- Wait, that was my first customer!

A cause for celebration! Except, well, he still has work to do! But he can't do the actually productive kind of work! He now has mixed feelings about this and it's only been about... Two minutes?

5/25/20

Alright alright! Let's get something on the menu today!

Spoiler

ID 151216 | CD: 3 | LD: 6 | Fail!
ID 151217 | CD: 11 | LD: 1 | Success!

+6 XP, -2 T1 Mats, +1 T1 Rare Snack

Hm. That's unfortunate. Once again, no net gain. One successful creation, the other one a failure. At least it's not an utter failure though! There was some redeemable qualities... Kind of. Reusable? ... Eeeeeeh... Nonetheless, Mason is glad to have gotten some work done today and prepares to clean up. It feels like he's getting better already! Though... Maybe he should look into getting some neat decorations for the shop - he heard rumors that some things can help you improve your crafts and what not. Something like that? Well, that'd be a good idea.

Edited by GetComfy

5/26/20

Alright! Let's see what we can do today!

Spoiler

ID 151322 | CD: 3 | LD: 10 | Fail!
ID 151323 | CD: 4 | LD: 8 | Fail!
ID 151324 | CD: 7 | LD: 12 | Salvage! (Success!)

+4 XP, -2 T1 Mats

Bah. Nothing. At least I managed to get something back...

Nonetheless, Mason will clean up for the day. The utensils, the messes left behind by people - the nerve of them! - and preparing everything for the next day! Man, the sushi is really good! I should put up a sign, that'd be sufficient pay back right? He should also look into crafting buffs as well. He's not very sure he can handle more of this vanilla and clean without anything. Perhaps one of the shops on the higher floors? They probably have something...

Edited by GetComfy

5/27/20

Hm. How is today going to go?

Spoiler

ID 151500 | CD: 10 | LD: 8 | Success! (Uncommon)
ID 151501 | CD: 8 | LD: 16 | Salvage! (Success!)
ID 151502 | CD: 2 | Fail!

+6 XP, -2 T1 Materials, +1 T1 Uncommon Dessert

Honestly... Better than expected! Made something, and managed to salvage one of the disasters!

However, the quality could definitely be better... Eh. He'll put it on the full menu. Maybe someone will pick it up. That, or he can use it for himself. Either way is quite appealing! Alright, time to clean up for the day... He stares at the mess he had made in the kitchen while making everything. Oh... This is going to take a while... Why did I do this to myself? Whatever. He'll just go with it, it's not like he DOESN'T have time, so why not?

Edited by GetComfy

5/28/20

Spoiler

ID 151598 | CD: 3 | Fail!
ID 151599 | CD: 1 | Fail!
ID 151600 | CD: 3 | Fail!

+3 XP, -3 T1 Materials

Today was a bad day.

No successful creations, and he didn't even manage to salvage any of it. All those materials, gone to waste- honestly it doesn't matter because he can just get it all back later with a big 'ol grind. It's just the time wasted that hurts. Whatever. At least he can just go nap instead of, well, actually doing anything.

Would it look bad if someone walked in on him just napping at the counter? Who would be so cruel to judge him because of that? Hm... I'll be fiiiine.

Mason plants his head on a pillow and just begins to nap the day away.

Edited by GetComfy

5/29/20

Spoiler

ID 151717 | CD: 8 | LD: 13 | Salvage (Success!)
ID 151718 | CD: 6 | LD: 7 | Salvage (Fail!)
ID 151720 | CD: 6 | LD: 18 | Salvage (Success!)

+6 XP, -1 T1 Materials

Hm. Nothing today as well. At least he managed to salvage most of his materials today. Perhaps he should finish the sushi bar? He really liked the samples he got as a gift, so maybe that might be a good idea?

He should really get started on the next quest though... He already has all the gear he needed, and the next quest will get him some levels AND col the next time he visits a shop... Hm... Perhaps he should ask someone out? On a quest of course. But who? Hmm...

Nonetheless, he starts cleaning up the kitchen again. After all, today is already done.

Edited by GetComfy

5/30/20

Spoiler

ID 151854 | CD: 8 | LD: 19 | Salvage (Success!)
ID 151855 | CD: 8 | LD: 7 | Salvage (Fail!)
ID 151856 | CD: 9 | LD: 11 | Success! (Uncommon)

+7 XP, -2 T1 Materials, +1 T1 Uncommon Dessert

Well. It's certainly not the worst work day he had, but he certainly had better. Nonetheless, he's glad to finally break the streak of getting nothing for the past few days, even if it's not the best item he could've made. Mason gently picks up the dessert and places it to his side - then he picks up the salvaged ingredients he got and puts it with the rest after thorough cleaning.

Now he has to clean his workplace. Again. Oh dear...

He really should stop being so messy about making things, it would make life so much easier... Oh well.

Edited by GetComfy

6/1/20

Spoiler

ID 152043 | CD: 11 | LD: 20 | Success! (Rare x2)
ID 152045 | CD: 10 | LD: 9 | Uncommon!
ID 152046 | CD: 7 | LD: 1 | Salvage! (Fail)

ID 152047 | CD: 5 | LD: 11 | Salvage! (Success)

Discarded Roll 152044 because I am dumb and forgot to mention the roll's purpose

+12 XP, -3 T1 Materials, +2 T1 Rare Dessert, +1 T1 Uncommon Dessert

Aha!

Good haul today!

Now he just has to store them all, or even start storing it into the menu! On the other hand, now he has a much bigger mess than before because he succeeded quite well. Whatever, at least he can put more stuff onto his menu now (even if they're not quite the quality he expected).

You know, I kind of miss having a lot of people in my shop. Eh. Whatever~.

He just returns to cleaning up his workplace for tomorrow.

Edited by GetComfy

6/2/20

Spoiler

ID 152101 | CD: 12 | LD: 4 | Success! (Perfect)
ID 152102 | CD: 3 | Fail!
ID 152103 | CD: 12 | LD: 18 | Success! (Perfect x2)

ID 152104 | CD: 4 | Fail!

+18 XP, -4 T1 Materials, +3 T1 Perfect Desserts

Welp! It was hit or miss, but at least the hits were really good products! High quality products that'll be put up - or used by yours truly - and that just means the next time, it's easier to get the job done! Though... His materials aren't in a good spot, so perhaps he should go gathering sometime soon. He can certainly grind out enough materials in time. 

Edited by GetComfy

6/3/20

Spoiler

ID 152163 | CD: 8 | LD: 15 | Success! (Uncommon)
ID 152164 | CD: 12 | LD: 5 | Success! (Perfect)
ID 152165 | CD: 9 | LD: 16 | Success! (Uncommon x2)

ID 152166 | CD: 4 | Fail!

+15 XP, -4 T1 Materials, +3 T1 Uncommon Desserts, +1 T1 Perfect Dessert

Aha! Success! Even better: I'm not making as much of a mess as I was before! Huzzah!

Edited by GetComfy