[F24 - PP/JL] Unexpected Visitor

Private Party accessible only to the members of Jacob's Ladder and those who would roam around Baldur's house when Ariel arrives.

Breiðablik, seemed like an odd choice of naming for a place that seems so heavily inspired by japanese culture. Even before arriving at this residence, she could tell Baldur had a hand on it when she saw the massive Tori ushering the way towards his estate. Through she hasn't kept close contact with anyone, she got her hands on the information related to this place and out of curiosity she decided to pay Baldur a visit without letting him know; a surprize if you will. Knowing that it was themed after her home country, the blonde of course came prepared and dressed for the occasion. This is where her high mastery as a tailor came handy. She'd manufactured a tradicional designed black themed kimono with red, blue and golden accents to which she added a similarly styled wagasa (oil paper umbrella). She ditched her boots for the more revealing geta (wooden sandals) which made a small bonk sound with each of her steps on hard surface. Overall making her presence there more than obvious to anyone around.

"What a lovely place! Natsukashii..." she mutters to herself as she makes her way through the estate. She lowers herself to take a closer look at the lamps that guided her all across the estate. Close by she notices a individual building similar to a temple, to which she decided to head and pay her respects before entering the main house. She had already instructed Kimba to behave is she was going to come with her. She wasn't sure if that was the best idea yet, though she would hope that the little white haired girl, playing into her name and trailing her, would keep Kimba distracted enough that they both don't do anything stupid or that it would offend Baldur.

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Mid morning was one of Shield's favorite times in the temple. The sun was finally clear of the high walls that stood around the temple proper, letting rays spill over the tops and shed their light onto the main courtyard just outside of the dojo. The dojo itself was very peaceful when empty. Although he had very little business in there when students were training, Shield enjoyed the atmosphere immensely. The color pallet was simple and warm, and the tatami mats that ran along the floor were textured, but comfortable against the soles of his feet through the heavy, traditional white socks that he wore. It was also typically a time when there was less activity, so it made the peace more palpable. It was especially though a good time for green tea.

In some moments, he felt like he was in a samurai movie, especially so when the Gaijin Samurai himself was present. However, what he did not expect was the heavy clop-clop of the hard wooden sandals that he heard approaching from the outside of the courtyard. He took one last draw off of the top of his cup of tea, setting it down near the shrine at the front. Paying the dojo its proper etiquette, he turned and briefly bowed when exiting.

He did not know who to expect when he turned around, but whoever it was he expected, it was not the Lioness, Ariel. That was precisely who he saw approaching. His brow furrowed, a slight display of confusion on his otherwise impassive features. Internally, his sense was immediately one of concern. His relationship with her had never been a close one, though she had helped him and Beat on a quest when they first began their own ascent up the ladder of Aincrad. It was on that day that he had become very dubious of her motives and intentions.

I had not nor have I since seen that kind of blood lust on the battlefield.

Still, as he recalled his reservations of her from the past, not least of which some... news... he had heard discovered by way of an old friend of his, he had also had his reservations of Mari, and they were now quite good friends. He trusted the little ginger girl with his life and the future of his guild, and despite still not being comfortable with Ariel's unannounced visit, he knew it was not fair to treat one person differently than another unless given more practical reason.

The toes of his feet he slid into the boots he had left by the door and he stepped out past the front landing of the dojo into the courtyard. "Greetings," he said, giving a slight incline of his head. His hands he held together behind his back as he stood, awaiting Ariel's response to seeing him.

Ariel and Baldur have known each other for a long time. This is likely just a visit and nothing else. No reason to be on the defensive.

Still, defensive is how he felt, and he was very glad there were not lower leveled players nearby that he might need to protect if his goodwill attempt at an honest welcome turned into something more combative.

Assassin couldn't help her curiosity. The Lioness had told that there was something important that she needed to do and that she should go and do something while she waited for her to come back. The blank kimono the front liner wore was indication that she wasn't looking to fight anyone. Was she meeting a friend? The child wandered behind the girl, avoiding detection so far, or at least Ariel had made no recognition of her so far.

A giant Japanese manor loomed in the distance. It came of as scary in size, but as they got closer, it became much more serene. As Ariel entered the courtyard, she left Kimba by the entrance. Assassin approached the opening to the manor, peaking around the corner followed by the lion cub. A man was there, facing down Ariel with a weird aura. It's was almost like he could start a fight with her then and there. Kimba, only wanting her loving attention from her new friend, rubbing her head against Assassin's head.

"Kimba, stop" She gave the lion cub a nudge, and realized that she said that out loud for everyone to hear. When she saw Ariel's eyes travel over to her direction, she hid back over the corner. Admitting that she had been spotted, the girl came out with Kimba and her tail between her legs. She walked over to Ariel. "S-Sorry, I followed you. Did you know?"

The young girl looked up at the massive man that was Shield, shifting closer to the Lioness, the Assassin waved at him, clinging to Ariel's kimono. "H-Hi."

"Ohayou Gozaimasu!" came the polite reply from the blonde that even made a small bow. She started slowly spinning her umbrella with a mischievous glint in her gaze, after which she glanced towards their sides and lastly behind him, at the dojo. "I don't think I'm in the wrong place but I certainly didn't expect to meet you here... dressed like that. I hope you don't mind us." at this point Sin was still playing around with her familiar. Ariel examined Shield's appearance, he seemed to be as surprised to see her as she to see him, and he was being cautious. A small grin made its way on her expression. 

"Long time no see... I don't suppose you're the master of this estate and I got fed wrong information?" it was at that time that the one following her decided to reveal herself. 'Oh this will be fun.' she thought as the girl got closer and gingerly grab onto her clothes.
"From the moment you made the first step behind my back." admitted the blonde with a smile and then cast her free arm over the little girl's head, affectionately stroking her hair. "Don't worry I'm not upset, I'm actually glad. Now I know there's someone who would keep Kimba busy and out of trouble while we're here." she cleared her throat, then glanced at Shield before addressing the girl again. Her voice now becoming a little more serious: "But that won't do, you need to properly introduce yourself. Go on, he won't bite."

Ariel mentioned that she knew Assassin was trailing her the entire time. Why didn't the Lioness just tell her to leave? Did she mean for her to follow the entire time? Why? "O-Oh, so you did know... I thought I was being really sneaky too... You just let me follow you all the way up here?" She asked, remembering the man standing in front of the two of them. Instinctively, the Assassin had moved closer to Ariel, allowing her to place her hand on the child's head.

"But that won't do, you need to properly introduce yourself. Go on, he won't bite." The girl looked him up and down. Trying to assess just how nice he might be, he seemed to have a stern look on his face towards Ariel, which made it hard to get some words out. She gave him a quick, sheepish wave with her free hand. The other still clung to Ariel's kimono.

"O-Oh.. Sorry. Nice to meet you, Aneki calls me Sin-chan." Memories of the caretaker telling her to bow echoed through her mind, telling her to bow when she introduced herself. The Assassin reciprocated and nodded her head forward in a clumsy bow. It was at this time that Kimba returned to the girl's side, she clung to her instead so Ariel could go about her business, giving the cub some rubs behind her ears.

Everyone here was dressed rather nicely so far, Kaya herself was starting to feel like a dumpster child in the rags that were her cloak. She opened up her menu and replaced her cloak with a much more modern attire. She didn't own a kimono, or even a yukata, except for in real life. Maybe it was about time that she actually got one now. Instead of the darker attire she was wearing before, she was now wearing a white sweater and a short pink skirt. No changes of attire or makeup would be able to hide the scars on her face, but maybe removing her roguish clothing would help her not look so much like a hooligan.

Spoiler

1235851893_Properlydressedjackmediummentionlistfatestuffprotectatallcoast_b29cd2_6361555.thumb.jpg.b8c9a6f4787f1e8287ae0fa7fe80c94e.jpg

"The wrong place?" Shield began. "I couldn't say without knowing the intent behind your vis-"

Shield's usually stony expression broke. The presence of someone so young, and particularly someone who was apparently associated with Ariel, turned his entire perception of the situation on its ear. At first his face registered horror at the lioness being so near to the child, but as his eyes fell over the scars that marked her features, his face changed entirely to one of pained empathy. Memories of scraped knees and unrelenting tears flashed through his mind, and without even making the conscious decision to do so, he came down to one knee, a practiced motion that put his face on the same plane as Sin's so he could address her face to face.

Did Ariel do- ...no... no, wounds in SAO don't leave scars. Whatever happened to her had to have been before she ever put on her Nerve Gear.

The scar that crossed his own features sat directly opposite those of the child before him. "It's very nice to meet you, Sin," Shield said, giving her a slight incline of his head in response to her bow. "You may call me Shield. I'm the leader of Jacob's Ladder - the guild that makes its home here." His tone was not patronizing. It was gentle but respectful.

At this point, his eyes returned to Ariel. The suspicion in his eyes was blatantly visible. He stood back to his full height, addressing his fellow front-liner. "The master of the estate and founder of the dojo is Baldur. I'm assuming that's who you came to see. I'm sure he's around somewhere." There were too many questions in his mind to settle on any one in particular. He knew he was betraying himself, wearing everything on his sleeve as he was, but in the moment, he wasn't particularly concerned with keeping up appearances.

This is tricky... I have questions, but they wouldn't be right to ask out in the open in front of Sin... Hopefully I'll get an opportunity where she's focused on Kimba and not so much on what the adults are talking about...

Seeing the mask crack, it even surprised the blonde who watched the scene with a wrapped smile on her expression. For now, she was content with simply observing their interaction, and taking note of the many facets that Shield displayed. 'aww he has a soft spot for kids' she though, pleasantly surprised that they have that in common. She didn't know him much but could notice that in the past, when they meet, he would threat her rather coldly. She couldn't blame him for it; having meet her in a not so good phase of hers. Her shoulder jerked as dormant memories slightly resurfaced but she didn't try to suppress them. After her hermitage she came to accept her past instead of repress it.
She eyed his scar, most likely a memento from RL similar to Sin's. She couldn't fathom the history behind them as the worst injuries she had were related to bruises and minor unimportant accidents. But it seemed that for Shield it resonated more powerfully. She frowned for a second, entertaining the thought that he might accuse the blonde for having something to do with the girl's scars.

After their little interaction, he once again looked at Ariel and her gut feeling that seemed well founded... "If looks could kill..." she softly muttered before noticing a small pond in the corner of her eye. She looked down at Assassin and stroked her head, a gesture that seemed to come more naturally to her each time she did it. With a genuine smile Ariel said:
"I think Kimba might be already hungry, we came here before we had a chance to eat. Maybe you can look for some fish over there." she gestured with her umbrella towards the pond she noted earlier. " Or maybe you can find the kitchen for some snacks while I talk with Shield for a bit. We have some catching up to do and we wouldn't want to bore you sweetie."

A simple tactic that relied on her familiar's greedy nature which she was well aware off. At the mention of food the lioness licked Assassin's cheek and turned in the direction of the aforementioned pond, ready to walk there in tow with the girl. If they would walk away after that, Ariel would turn towards Shield and give him her undivided attention after speaking her mind in a  passive aggressive manner: "You look like you have something to say, guildmaster. Good to see you made your way up into this world."

Shield gave a curt nod in response to her final sentiment, but first turned his attention to Sin. "Go ahead. I don't think Baldur would appreciate Kimba eating any of his prized koi, but we have some very skilled chefs who specialize in fish dishes. Back through those doors there. Look for a man named @Beat or a woman named @Snow. Tell them Shield sent you and they'll help you find something." He waited patiently until the little one was out of earshot before turning back to Ariel. His expression had relaxed somewhat. It was free from anger, though it was still stiff. It took him time to recover from being upended like that.

"I have no specific quarrel with you," Shield said, speaking frankly. His dark eyes were like steel, as he held her in his gaze. "However, since the quest that you carried Beat and I on when we first began climbing the ladder of Aincrad, I have had severe doubts about your character and trustworthiness. Between the, shall we say 'enthusiasm' for bloodshed in that first quest, some dubious showings both in floor boss meetings and in the boss battles themselves," he began, before lowering his voice, "not to mention the inscription beside Lowenthall's name on the Monument of Life."

There was no sense beating around the bush. If she wished to know the reason for his distrust, there was no sense pulling punches. He watched her reaction carefully, particularly in regard to this last detail. That had been a long day, when he first met Piera beside the monument and watched her discover in horror that a friend had died at the lioness' hands. Later digging had overturned that Ariel had sown a different explanation as to the man's disappearance, though it had been long enough ago that the details of that supposed lie were foggy to him. The whole issue had a stink about it though, and it was a matter on which he wished to hear Ariel's defense.

Her body count is till nothing compared to Mari's one way or the other. Still, I have heard Mari's side. I have not heard Ariel's. I need to give her the opportunity.

Edited by Shield

"Ahh...

Snow let down her blonde locks as she slouched in her seat. She held it slightly off the back of her neck so she could cool off after a lengthy cooking session. Steam from the rice pots filled both the kitchen and adjacent dining hall of the estate. An array of rolls, grilled meats, steamed veggies, and baked treats lay spread across a long table easily made to seat upwards of eight or more. Snow only recently became a member of the guild, but she felt as though it became her second home. The change from quiet cottage to guild hall provided a refreshing alternative to the silence of single life. 

She opened her cerulean eyes to the wooden banisters of the high ceiling. She had to hand it to Baldur, Breiðablik was a beautiful place and to share it with the guild was a blessing. Snow sat up and reached for the hot cup of green tea she poured herself before collapsing in her chair. Her pursed lips blew the wafts of steam away in an attempt not to scald herself on the first sip.

Perfect... Nothing like some tea after some hard work. The others should be coming around any minute...

She set the ornate and delicate ceramic back on its matching saucer. The sleeves of her kimono slipped over the edge of her hands as she pulled back, and she adjusted them again for the umpteenth time. One adjustment lead to many. Since the first time wearing it during the spring festival, she either lost weight or the kimono somehow became more loose. She tightened her sash and retrieved the ribbon from the table to retie her hair. A little delicate finger work and she gathered her long locks into the same loose bun.

I'll have to look for a tailor to trim this up next time I'm in town.

Snow's Attire:

Spoiler

Snow2.jpg.201f97b63cda0a8cecf66083997da60e.jpg

Kimba's lick to the face left Assassin smiling and led to more pets for the feline. The cub really enjoyed the presence of a person who would give the attention to her 24/7. The man she had greeted knelt down to her level. His strength surely out-leveled her own, just like with Ariel. They spoke like they already knew each other, so he could be just as strong as her, if not even stronger.

Suggesting she go fine the kitchen, he mentioned a name that was familiar. Snow. She knew a Snow. Who was that? Someone she had previously met for sure. She was so bad with peoples names, that's why she defaulted to nicknames. While she was thinking about it, Kimba got ahead of her. Bounding towards the smell of rice. Assassin was left behind, running after her. "Kimba! Wait for me!" She called out running after the front liner's familiar as quick as she could. Running down the halls, making sure to take of her shoes on the tatami mat - the caretaker yelled at her enough for it to still scare her in the game - they followed the smell of cooking food until they reached the kitchen where Snow was. Assassin reeled back as she saw her.

"T-Tank-Lady?!" Her voice screamed, somewhat in joy. "What are you doing here! I didn't expect to see you here!" The lion familiar was confused, but still it wanted what it wanted. Nudging Assassin's leg with it's head to remind her why they came. "O-Oh right. Can Kimba get something to eat? She's hungry." The Assassin asked nicely, petting Ariel's familiar over the head with her main hand.

@Snow

"Geeze did I overdo it on that nap?"

At some point during the day, the Ultramarine Knight had found himself over at Baldur's estate, Breiðablik. The Western samurai had offered both him and Teayre a separate room to stay in, if they had decided to find a different place to stay other than the bedroom on the upper floor of the Amethyst Boutique. He hadn't taken up his mentor on the offer, but that didn't mean that from time to time he would stop in to at least take a quick nap before heading out onto the floors once again, albeit they were direct trips to the room to rest and back out. The room itself was still a nice setting, and could seemingly operate detached from the rest of the estate. Getting to his feet he gave a small stretch before swiping in his menu, "Maybe it might be a good time to stop by the dojo and do some movement training. I haven't really done it since training with that old man on the mountain back in the day. Might be a good time to swing around my old weapons as well."

His clothes flashed white for a moment before being replaced by his old training attire. He rarely wore out, and going from the aesthetic effect it gave to his avatar, he was almost certain someone was going to make a joke or quip, "If only I was actually in this shape. I'm sure there's some kind of shading effect or something on the upper layer. There's definitely games that do that for added effect."

He pulled the white cloak that hung over his shoulder a bit further to cover more of his upper body before crossing his arms beneath, "I guess if anything this is also the closest thing I have to traditional Japanese attire anyway."

Sliding open the door to the room he was in, he quietly closed it behind him before turning down one hallway, heading down it as a casual pace. At this point of the day, it seemed the estate was rather quiet, with only the ambient sounds of life surrounding the compound occupying his ears, "I guess that room is pretty distant from the main parts of Breiðablik. Now the question of..."

Reaching a split in the path Calrex paused for a moment, "Was the dojo to the left or the right?...I guess I can try right..."

Traveling down the right hallway for some time, looking left and right for some way to get his bearings. After a couple of minutes, the scent of cooked food greeted his virtual sense of smell, "Huh...I guess I must be by the kitchen. Someone definitely seems to be making something nice. Maybe I'll stop by on my way."

Reaching the doors to what he guessed was an entrance to the kitchen he opened the doors, his vision greeted by two people, a spread of food well suited for a feast, and a familiar white feline, "Hey...thought I'd pop in while heading to the dojo...wait...Kimba is that you?"

As if in response to his query, his blue peregrine falcon Roc materialized, softly landing next to him.

Calrex's Attire:

Spoiler

zh5lXsX.jpg

@Snow @Assassin

The blonde listened and at the mention of the monument, she closed her eyes and let out a long sigh: "So you knew about that too huh?" she asked in a neutral tone. She folded the umbrella and started poking the ground with its tip as she continued: "It was the only full HP duel that I did." she raised her gaze and returned his steel expression with one of determination. "Which lemme remind you that both parties need to agree to, for it to happen." there were some signs of internal struggles behind her unusual silver eyes, as she took a second to mentally affront herself for believing that she fully came to terms with it. "and you saw the result literally marked on stone." she tapped twice the paved walkway below them with the umbrella's tip for emphasis and continued:
"Anything more than that is people spinning their own stories around it.
 Same as you did it seems."

She didn't show any signs of regret, only determination alongside... now a smile as a idea formed in her head. "You should've had your share of fights since when we first meet." she walked forwards, past him and entered the dojo area barefooted. Letting go of the umbrella, it returned to her inventory midair while the blonde reached to examine one of the bamboo training swords there. It brought back several fond memories from before entering the game, which made her smile. 
 "Spare with me, since you people have a dojo you should be familiar with how it works. See if my enthusiasm is that bad while I gauge how far you climbed that ladder of yours!" she said challenging, pointing the bamboo stick at him.

---

Meanwhile, Kimba seemed to have reached the most interesting area so far. The lioness resisted the urge to just jump on top of the table in the dinning hall and claim several chunks of meat for herself. She looked at Snow and eagerly awaited her reply while Assassin was petting her. Her well behaviour ended there as a new nostalgic smell entered the room. She would sprint towards Calrex and claw at his feet, showing that she clearly remember him too. Then glance at Roc and extend her paw towards the falcon that she fought alongside in the past. 

That was not an answer.

Shield did not follow Ariel all the way into the dojo. He stood aloof by the door, his typically impassive countenance restored properly now that he was not longer - for lack of better words, compromised. He thought through her response, trying to deduce if she had intended any hidden meaning behind it, but from what he could tell it was merely a very safe, politician's answer. "Those players who I have known who have taken a life and are truly remorseful about it take responsibility for their actions," he stated plainly. "The fact that both parties in a duel have to consent is... related but immaterial." His spine remained erect as his eyes followed Ariel. "The fact that - assuming it was indeed by free choice - the decision for Lowenthal to participate in such a duel makes him equally to blame for its results is obvious. Bringing it up and alluding to spun stories reads to the listener more as an attempt to skirt an uncomfortable topic with more comfortable facts instead of actually addressing the concerns."

At this point, he took a few steps closer, lowering his voice. He did not wish to appear to be threatening Ariel, and furthermore, if others were listening he did not want to make the situation messier than it already was. "I have every intent to give you a fair chance to explain yourself and why you made the decisions you did. I recognize that I am being very direct, particularly given we have not spoken one on one perhaps ever before." His hands opened in front of him as a show of good-will, the same as enemies might on the battlefield to prove that they are unarmed in order to allow more free parlance. "To say that we are coworkers on the front lines is an understatement. We rely on each other and put our lives in one another's hands every time we step into a boss room together. We have done so in the past and will almost certainly do so again in the future." He took a deep breath.still for the moment ignoring the request to spar until he felt he had some kind of answer. "I am asking you to account for yourself, and to give me a reason to not regret giving you that trust."

Edited by Shield

As the blonde wrestled with her attire, it seemed as though the strings of fate themselves pulled taught. From around the doorway barreled in a wild animal. Snow's first reaction was to jump in her seat and nearly cleave her kneecaps off the edge of the table. Shock and fear dwindled. This was safe zone -- there couldn't be monsters here. Then, something stirred in the dark and dusty recesses of her mind. Her eyes narrowed, head tilted, and brow raised.

"Kimba? Is that you?" She questioned. She remembered a white lioness from her very first outings into the fields. A player with a white lion cub familiar came to mind. She remembered how protective it was at first. Then, how playful it became later.

Her memory stirred again and blue eyes shot wide in surprise when another familiar sight rounded the corner. A small girl with a baggy sweater and pink skirt. Scars marked her face. Green eyes and white hair.

"Assassin?" She asked the same time the girl questioned her. "U-uh yeah! This is my guild. I only just joined. Wait--- how do you know Kimba? What are you doing here? Does that mean--?!"

Snow looked to the doorway for a third, but no one appeared. Instead, Kimba bolted off to the other entryway. In came Calrex in clothes she would have never in a million years expected to see him in.

"C-Calrex?! What is that outfit? Do you know Kimba too?!" Snow's head spun. What was going on? So much was happening. Is that why Shield wanted everyone to meet today? Snow placed her hand on her face. She zoned out for a bit and took a few lengthy breaths. She shook her head and remembered Assassin's other question. 

"Yes, of course. I made plenty for everyone. Feel free." Snow gestured to spread on the table. Her hand went for her tea cup and lifted it with a visible tremble to her lips. 

Well this is surely a strange day. I'm sure it can't get any weirder. I haven't seen Ariel in forever. And why is she with Assassin?! And when did Calrex wear that kind of clothes?!

Snows cheeks became visibly rosy.

As the white lioness cub rushed over and pawed at his feet, the bluenette gave a calm smile while crouching down, scratching Kimba behind the ears, "Well it's certainly been a while hasn't it. I'm guessing that means your master is visiting as well?"

Roc opened his wings in greet, giving a quick flap to hop off the ground to land next to the fellow familiar, happy to see the fellow animal companion the peregrine falcon had not seem in quite some time. At the same time Calrex fully stood back up to look over at the two other players in the room, a bead of sweat on the side of his head, "Oh this? It's an old training attire I had in my inventory. I was thinking about stopping by the dojo to get some training in before heading back out again. As for Kimba here, heh yeah I've known Ariel from way back. When I was starting to get out of the first floor main settlement, she was one of the people I also partied with. Been a part of a couple of her guilds in the past as well."

Looking over at the young girl that was with Snow, the bluenette also took note of the scars on her form, although this was not betrayed by his calm exterior, "Those definitely are not an aesthetic choice..."

Giving a calming breath he took a few steps forward, glancing at the large abundance of food that was laid out, "I'm guessing you're visiting as well? It's nice to meet you, I'm Calrex."

@Snow @Assassin

"You're right." she answered while looking at her feet, using her right toes to see if the wood had the right elasticity for a dojo. With a frown, she looked up and meet his gaze "I feel uncomfortable speaking about that duel. So I'd appreciate if you let a lady have her secrets and don't look for the skeletons in the closet."  her gaze fell onto his hands. She knew what he wanted her to say but she couldn't... she remembered when Zandra confronted her in a similar fashion and their first crossed blades until their frenship prevailed, in the end. She didn't come here today prepared like she did back then but couldn't lie now about it, even if it was the most convenient option. At times like these, she hated the double edged trait that her parents instilled onto her.

The blonde bit her lower lip... hard, loose strands of her golden locks slipping past her ear and slightly obstructing her vision. After a long exhale, the earlier frown disappeared and Ariel raised her face with a serene expression as she balled her left hand in front of her breast. Then spoke in a soft tone as she looked Shield into the eyes: "All I can tell you for now is that I've meditated over my past and have come to terms with my actions, while I was away. I hope this is enough of a reason, to continue to watch over my back as before, like I watched over yours." It wasn't much but this was all she was willing to share and hoped he wouldn't press on. 

The blonde took a few steps back into the dojo and weight seemed to find its way back onto her right hand, she was still holding the bamboo sword. She swinged it from left to right a couple of times then a light smile, she straightened herself up and brought the sword above her head. "Men!... Kote!... Do!... " she started shouting as she exhaled and performed specific strikes and counters against an imaginary enemy, as means of warming up for the duel she proposed earlier. 

"I'm a tank," Shield said plainly, returning the favor of stating an obvious fact instead of an answer, but he did not let it remain as such. "It's my job to protect anyone who is in my party, even if I do not trust that person. I'm not going to shirk my duties over this," he sighed, allowing his shoulders to slack some. "I will have to counsel with players who know you better and who can say more in regard to your true character." He remained where he was by the door, unwilling to step further into the dojo as that would demand he remove his boots. "In the mean time, I don't feel it is appropriate to treat you as a visiting friend. I will remain present through your stay as a security measure for those who are under my protection here in the guild." His eyes wandered to the bamboo practice sword that she held. "And I'm afraid the idea of a friendly duel hardly seems appropriate, considering."

This was Shield at his most cold. It was not in an attempt to display bitterness or to be petty. His walls were high and many feet thick. Even to those who he cared for completely, it was rare to illicit any shows of true tenderness from him, at least in the traditional sense of soft words and smiles. He leaned against the door, holding Ariel in his field of view. Maybe he was being too harsh, but this was a guild that was full of fresh new faces and a few players who were not yet ready to defend themselves against the threat Ariel would pose if she meant them hard. In the mean time, he would remain vigilant. That was his immediate concern.

I wish she could have said something that could at least put my mind at ease regarding the girl... How am I supposed to deal with the possibility of her leaving in the presence of Ariel without any further protection?

Tiny, timid footsteps carried Mari though the halls of the temple. Wisps of shimmering gold trailed behind her as she walked. Mari's hair tickled her bare shoulders, a look of unease on her face. Mari wasn't one for dressing up. She was only doing it for a bit - to drag Shield out for some ramen. But the more she thought about it, the more she was wanting to turn and leave. It was stupid. It wasn't like she wanted to wear it, or that she looked good in it.

The outfit was without the glimmering golden heels - Mari was smarter than that. One did not wear footwear to temples or dojos. 102404481_921888588326427_8827561719070801628_n.png?width=429&height=639It was improper. Hell, Mari didn't even like people wearing their shoes in her home, but she didn't have the heart to tell others to take them off. Still, sometimes - when you were sad you just had to do stupid sh*t like this, one just needed to dress up in order to feel better about themselves.  Despite that...Mari felt awkward, that she shouldn't be here. That she wasn't welcome. This Dojo - it was first and foremost Baldur's home. A part of Mari didn't want to see him right now. The way she had asked him to leave her house, it wasn't the most kindest way to leave things. But - it was what she needed. She needed to process things. To have time alone. Apparently she also needed to throw herself backward into a void.

I should probably apologize to Beat again for that...

Mari rounded the corner of the temple, first seeing the tuft of hair and tall stature that was Shields back. Payback Mari thought to herself. One of the reasons she had dressed up was to force him, dragging him to a ramen store. "Oh Shield ~" She called as she finished rounding the corner. "Someone owes -" She paused. Stopping dead in her tracks when she saw Ariel there. What the hell was Ariel doing here? 

Mari shifted her gaze from Shield to Ariel, then back to Shield.  Mari cleared her throat and turned on her bare heel and walked away from whatever that was. 

Crap.... it was embarrassing enough that she was wearing this. Why did she even think that this was a good idea. Stupid. Stupid, stupid! Mari smoothed out the lines of her dress as she quickly strode away from Shield and Ariel. Of all people it had to be someone who may still want her dead. Mari's last run in with the woman wasn't exactly bad, but it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows either.  

"Can't believe I though this would be funny..." Mari muttered to herself as she opened up her HUD - scrawling through her inventory so she could find her regular, safe, clothes. The only funny thing about it was that Mari dared to have the idea to wear such an outlandish outfit again.

Edited by Mari

The blonde let an exasperated sigh, seeing as he didn't seem inclined to amuse her. "My true character huh..." once again she downcast her gaze and made a couple of circles on the floor with the shinai. She let out a self deprecating snort alongside a lopsided smile. "Do what you think you must and puts your concerns to rest, mr. bodyguard. And I'll do the same... " she raised the sword and tapped it a few times over her shoulder absentmindedly. It's been a while since she stepped into a dojo and sparred. She looked around for a bit more, making a pirouette as she took in all the interior design. Even if it was different from the one her father owned, it still felt nostalgic and she made no attempt into masking how she felt. 

Seeing as she wasn't going to get a chance in using the sword, she put it back from where she picked it and headed out to put her shoes on. "So you're not going to ask me about SIn-chan?" she put it bluntly, her expression now a little more serious like a parent talking for the first time with the guy that came pick up their girl for a date. "Or would you rather I do ask the questions?" a subtle smile emerging with the last question, hoping to hint how she saw earlier how his current demeanour cracked when he was speaking to Assassin. 

"I didn't knew you also hosted geishas here!" she claimed after seeing someone in a gorgeous flaming attire hailing Shield from behind a corner, immediately making a 180º as she'd spotted them. She seemed to recognize the voice and figure but the happy tone and expression, the hair and attire, those didn't match the image Ariel had in mind. She would've discard the association in a heartbeat if she didn't knew from Crow that Mari was also a main part of this guild and currently taking residence here. "She seemed to have something to tell you, want to follow her?" she asked with a sly smile, having finished putting on her geta. Next she'd summon a traditional traditional black and red fan that she'd hide her smile with. She knew that if she decided to follow her, based on his statement Shield would probably come as well but she wanted to at least give him the illusion of a choice.

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Assassin watched Kimba run up to Calrex. They must already know each other, though she was beginning to realize that most of the people here already knew each other. She was keen enough to notice that at least. Walking over to the counter, she took a smell of what had been cooking. She took a plate and started to get some of the foo that was made already.

"If you know Kimba, that means you know Nee-chan, don't you? She's here right now, talking with some really big man. He was kind of scary when I first saw him. I kind of snuck around and followed her here. She said she knew the whole time, so she kind of let me come here with her." Looking over at Calrex, she smiled and wave to him. "Hi, mister. My name is Sin-chan, at least that's how Nee-chan calls me. She's here right now and told me to make sure that Kimba got something to eat."

After collecting some food for herself, she grabbed a bowl and put some down for Kimba as well calling her over. "Here Kimba! I got something for you to eat!" The girl said taking a seat at the table and starting to eat her own food. She looked back over to snow and smiled with her mouth full of food. "Hey, tank-lady, how have you been since we last saw each other. I know it wasn't that long ago, but I was kind of starting to miss you!"