[F02 - PP] Poison Resistance training <<The Venomous Warg>>

While listening, the blonde would nibble on some crackers and cheese before taking another hefty gulp from the tankard. "I see..." she added alongside a long exhale, it seemed that she was more thirsty than she thought too. She motioned the barkeep to bring another mug and replied in the meanwhile. "I can commend the will to get stronger, what motivated me was the desire to reach the front lines and play a more active part in clearing floors. " Ariel picked a slice of tomato from the girl's plate and leaned back on her chair. "If you want to protect yourself why not pick a weapon class more suited for tanking? maybe a one handed straight sword and a big shield! even at lower levels those paired with a heavy armor makes you almost impervious to damage. All you'd need is pair with a heavy damage dealer like a spear or axe user." Picking up dagger seemed a rather odd choice for her; thinking for a bit the blonde could count the number of dagger users that she knew on less than a hand. And almost all of them picked it for aesthetic reasons, it was probably the same for the girl who picked a weapon without putting much thought in it. 

Ariel picked the tomato off her plate, fine by her, tomatoes weren't really all that great anyways. She would have eaten it, but wasn't her favorite thing in the world. The Lioness suggested that it would be best if she attempted to go the tank route. No no no. She can't defend herself if she can't fight back. There was also another glaring problem.

"Well, I'm rather small in size, and while it is possible for me to use them, it's difficult, and heavy. I can't be fast and evasive if I am weighed down by heavy armor. As long as I have my cloak, I'll stay out of the way of harm and my armor underneath keeps me protected as well. I don't want to be a heavy body that is weighed down by their equipment in the line of fire. I want to hide away and surprise my opponents so that they never have the chance attack me. If I avoid damage, aren't I even more effective than a tank is?"

@Ariel - The Crowned Lion

So she wanted to stay true to her name and literally literally act as an assassin. Ariel's mind went to a glass cannon build, similar to her own, but instead of of maximizing the damage output, Sin could go for maximum evasion. She'd have to brush up on her skills, mods and enhancements knowledge but she had no doubt that it was a viable option for someone inclined to try it. Before that however she wanted to learn something: "That's a little selfish way of thinking, isn't it? The tank doesn't just take less damage but he also builds up aggro on the mobs, taking some of the pressure from the rest of the team who only need to focus on killing. Being fast and evasive is great for you as a individual but there are plenty of times when you'll need to group with others to achieve a common goal. You'll need to contribute with something to the team effort, what do you have in mind for that?" Ah, she was getting to serious about this.. she'd wish that the mead would cloud her mind and get the buzz going. However she already knew that getting drunk wasn't a reality for players, another thing she personally disliked.

Assassin stopped eating for a moment as she listened to Ariel. Was she getting her to rethink what she wanted to do as a player? How could she be called selfish when everyone in the entire world was selfish. There were always ulterior motives, reasons, and desires to any living being.

"I mean sure." Assassin said plainly. "But isn't everyone self when they think about their build? Being a part of a group and a team is nice and all, and I definitely am glad that there are people willing to take on roles that keep other safe, cause their important, but if everyone thought about everyone else this would be a pretty neck-to-neck experience wouldn't it? 'Why didn't you invest in the best weapon in the game?! You're a failure of a damaging player!' or 'Why didn't you keep enough hate on the boss, it hit me once, you're a failure as a tank!'" She mocked her own thoughts. Her contemplation was much more mature than she let on most of the time. Even Snow had mentioned that she was relatively mature for her age. "I might be selfish for choosing an inefficient weapon, but I don't care. A team can only work if the people involved all have put in the time to learn things on their own. The damage that I could do could one day save a tanks life. Will I still be selfish then?"

@Ariel - The Crowned Lion

It seemed the blonde had misjudged her current companion. She definitely to have more foresight than when Ariel decided to go outside the confines of safe zones, that's for sure. "Yes." the blonde simply stated. "I won't argue on that point. Heck If you go through my skills list you'll see that I don't possess even one support or tank exclusive skill. " she took the mug and downed another large serving as she summoned her skill tree in her HUD, double checking if her statement was correct. "I'd be a hypocrite if I said to put yourself before anyone else. One should always plan their build primarily with their survivability in mind."  Her smile turned into a frown for her next statement. "After all, we're no use to anyone if we're dead!"

It was a pretty straightforward way to put it but a center piece of knowledge that she wanted to instill on Assassin as her senpai dps. She then put the tankard down and ruffled her hair with her right hand, in frustration while letting out a low groan. "What I'm trying to say in the end is, I don't want to see Sin-chan become some sort of power hungry solo player. You'll get to the point where you can handle standard mobs with little effort at around level thirty something - fourty.

The child shook her head, her white locks waving between her cheeks with a mouth stuffed full with lettuce and greens. "Just because I think I should focus all on my own build, doesn't mean that I don't want to meet other people and have fun! Even if I become real strong like you, I don't think I could do everything on my own. I'm sure that even someone as strong as you needs help from friends and allies at some point."

The Assassin looked down to the lion cub to check on her progress on the raw steak. She had almost forgotten about the meat that she herself had been ordered. Eating anything could satisfy hunger, but she preferred it if she could eat something that tasted more delicious than just the leaves of lettuce and other vegetables. "I don't know what I'll do when I get as strong as you, Nee-Chan, but I'll do something, that's for sure!"

Edited by Assassin

The blonde reached out with her left hand and stroke her hair affectionately, she was satisfied with that answer. Her right hand bringing the mug for another sip, the blonde showed a moment of displeasure as it was emptier than she thought. "Another one!" she said out loud, sliding the now empty mug out of her sight. She turned her focus once again at Assasin and before she took another bite, Ariel's hand would drop from her head and the blonde would reach for her left cheek. A small measure of concern visible on her expression as she'd start to gently stroke the scar there, partially hoping that it would fade off with just that. She'd have her suspicions about it but didn't want to approach the subject be too directly.

"Why'd you ruin your pretty face with a tattoo, kids these days...mattaku mou!" she'd mutter, her face showing concern despite the obvious joke she was going for.

TL Note: mattaku mou! - 'really/seriously now (I can't understand what they're thinking)!'

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Assassin paused as Ariel reached out and stroked her cheek. She had something in her mouth while the woman spoke, so she couldn't respond right away. She chewed up the food and swallowed once more touching her own face like she wasn't sure what she was talking about. After a few seconds she realized what Ariel was talking about.

"I don't think the caretaker would allow me to something like that. She doesn't like it when kids draw on their skin cause then she has to make them take baths or help them clean it off. I can't clean these off. She told me that it was upsetting but they would never come off my face. She told me also that I had them before I was put in the orphanage. I've been there since I was... I don't know. As long as I can remember, I've lived there. I'd say at least 10 years. Physical memories of bad intentions will scar my face forever. Whoever the meanies are who did it to me didn't care about me, I'm glad they're gone."

The girl continued to eat her food, nearly done by now. She wondered if Ariel wanted to rent a room since it was getting later now and sleep here. "Hey, the sun is going down now. Do you want me to rent a room in town? I don't really have a home to go to, yet."

Listening to her tell a little bit more of herself, Ariel couldn't help the involuntary twitch her hand manifested. She let go of Sin and gripped at her skirt as hard as she could. If this was real life she would start bleeding at how hard her nail dug into her palm. She did little to hide her anger, she couldn't do much even if she wanted to hide her expression. Instead she grabbed the freshly replenished mug with her free hand and took a large serving of the drink. How she'd wished this was the real deal and already have an effect on her but no matter how much she drank it did little to buzz her.

"I.. I see..." she muttered in a subdued tone, her early 'gusto' vanishing in thin air as her heart balled up tight as a fist. 'So those are from outside... at least 10 years...' she kept staring at Assassin with a look of concern mixed with pitty while her mind ran wild. 'She barely looks like she's past 12, 15 max.... what kind of monster would...' the blonde stopped herself from continuing that line of thought. She could feel the corners of her eyes getting wet so she took a sharp breath and chugged down the remainder of her mead.

"That sounds like a good idea, let's get a room." said the blonde, forcing herself to smile. She didn't want to show that she felt sorry for her, instead she'd show kindness and think about what to do with this information. "Check please!" she shouted and looked at barkeep. "And tell me, where can we find a inn around here!" his eyes widened for a second before he meekly delivered the information. The blonde's determined, almost feral gaze had him obediently answer all her inquiries. The NPC felt like a rabbit that knew it'd be the lion's next supper.

It didn't take long to find the inn and rent a room. While they were looking for the place she got a chance to cool down and gradually return to her usual demeanour. "I hope you don't mind sharing the bed, no matter how much I asked around we couldn't find any free rooms with double beds." she said with a smile upon entering the room. Ariel didn't seem opposed to the idea either way. She even seemed somehow happy about it.

Assassin could tell that whatever she said was upsetting Ariel in some way. It would probably be best for her to stop talking about it for now, even if it wasn't her that she was getting mad with specifically. Generally hearing a sad back story wouldn't be easy for someone as compassionate as Ariel has been to her. Remaining quiet was her best tactic now, hoepfully that would allow Nee-chan to calm down. They made it it wall the way to the inn before Ariel spoke up again.

It was pretty much impossible to find an inn in this stupid world that had a double bed room free. Sharing a single bed wouldn't be entirely impossible for an adult and a kid her size, but she feared making Ariel uncomfortable, especially after her slight fit of anger. "Uh...Um, I d-don't mind sleeping the floor..." The girl offered opening up her menu and switching to her pajamas. Pajamas being nothing but and over-sized t-shirt, the girl took a seat on the rug. Petting Kimba as she came to give the girl some licks.

"I've been used to sleeping on the floor before. I really..." She was sure that Ariel wasn't going to accept that answer. If anything, it would be a repeat of her time with Snow. No matter what, she was sure that she would end up in the bed one way or another. At least this way, she wouldn't hog the bed from Ariel. "Um... Yeah, I'll sleep in the bed with you." Her defeated tone apparent to the Lioness, she crawled into the bed and laid down against the pillow. Her weariness was already taking over her demeanor. "Goodnight...Nee-chan..." And with that, the girl was already fast asleep.

Ariel was about to vehemently protest against the girl's suggestion but luckily didn't need too. Sin changed in a oversized T-shirt and went into the bed by herself after saying goodnight to Kimba. As soon as the girl fell asleep, the blonde felt a thin watery streak running down her cheek. Kimba turned to her and raised her head at the blonde in concern, it's been a long time since she saw her crying; for any reason. "I'm ok..." said the blonde so softly that she even doubted if the words left her mouth. She bent down and pet Kimba while she continued to whisper: "It's just that.. her story got to me for a moment. Nobody deserves to go what she's been through... and now she's stuck in this death game... it.. it would be enough to make any other cower in fear in the first town." she swallowed a imaginary furball: "or end it all." At this point she wasn't sure if she was moving her lips anymore and hugged her white furred familiar with all she got. "Yet she went outside and tries her best to get stronger. What kind of oni would I be if I didn't felt like this!

After a long moment, she let go: "I want to help her get strong!" She looked at the sleeping girl and watched as Kimba hopped on the bed next to her. "She called me nee-chan after all, I'd be a lousy big sister if I didn't do at least that." Next she too, changed into a tailor made pijama and sat on the bed. She glared at Kimba that took her spot and was spooning with the girl. Instead, the blonde climbed in the bed and leaned her back against the wall. She was more tired than it seemed as she fell asleep almost as fast as Assassin, even in that position.

Rewards:

Assassin: 1 +1 +1 SP , 700 Col, 2x T1 Materials

<<Venom Vial>>

Item Type: Potion
Tier: 1
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: On a natural BD roll of 9-10, deals 10 unmitigatable DMG for 4 turns. Lasts one thread.
Description: A vial of toxic venom retrieved from the drippings of a <<Venom Snapper>>'s teeth. Takes a post action to apply to a weapon.

Ariel: 1+1 SP,  700 Col, 2x T1 Materials

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion