Akio thanked the shopkeeper, even though she was an npc, as he made the transaction and walked away with a book and pen. The pen was rather expensive, as most of what they had were just quills and inkwells, but there was no way he'd be able to write with those. So expensive pen it was. Akio kept his head down as he weaved his way through the crowd, trying to avoid the eyes of the guards as he made his way over to the gates. In the end, he had successfully (and by some miracle) gone in and out of the town of beginnings without getting caught. Exhaling his stress, he began to run over towards a large tree he had found in a peaceful part of the first floor. An area where players would sometimes gather due to there being no monsters. It was a perfect picnic place. Akio was lucky to find no players there right now, and sat down at the base of the tree. 'If there are no records or information about your target, analyze them and write them down for reference yourself.' Don't worry mom. I will honor the creed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~{ Loremaster }~~
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Loremaster is my own records of all my findings within the world of Sword Art Online. These records are for the sake of aiding me in mastering this game's mechanics, rules and laws, as well as aiding me in keeping track with monsters and their danger levels, tactics, and weaknesses, as well as aiding me in keeping track of each floor's individual type of material and what qualities they carry. Finally, I will have a final section in the Loremaster which will contain any and all information, facts, observations and theories I have made on people of interest. This loremaster is for the sake of survival, and not fore tracking actual lore of every quest, theme, etc.

Edited by Iron_Lion

~Sword Art Online's System Mechanics~

This section of the loremaster is completely focused on the in game mechanics of the game and how they work. What are the limits? What are the exceptions? Where are the loopholes (if any)? How do I take advantage of these mechanics? If there are loopholes, would it be worth it to exploit them, or should I not? Additionally, how much of this is publicly known? Is any of this a secret? Am I the only one who discovered the secrets in this book? Or is there someone else like me experimenting with the system to learn it's secrets?

[Hunger, Thirst & Stamina]

After some experimentation in the Orphanage, I've discovered that it is not necessary to consume food or water to live as a player. You won't start receiving damage after having gone too long without food or water. However, this is not a loophole I would recommend, as those experiments were not pleasant under any circumstances. Despite the fact that I could go without food or water, and therefore save col when I need to, going without sustenance for too long has several in game penalties. For one, your stamina is consumed faster and faster. For example, if you go a weak without food, your stamina consumption per action is increased by ten percent. If you go two weeks without food, it's increased by fifty percent. By three weeks it's eighty percent, meaning that pretty soon you won't be able to move at all. And it's worse if you don't take water. That's just one penalty however. You will actually 'feel' hunger despite being in a game, making you want to eat food anyways. Your strength stat and constitution stat will also likewise weaken, making you quite literally a helpless player. So while you could go without food or water in this game, it is just not worth it to skip a daily meal. Hence why I steal food.

Also, some of the food in this game tastes amazing. Why would you pass that up?

[Physics & Reality]

The Physics in this game are... Subjective, to say the least. If you have high stats you can do stuff that's impossible or nearly impossible to do in the real world. Video game. Makes sense. Because of this, if you don't have a high enough strength or dexterity stat, even if you face a baby boar, it could pack enough punch to knock you back several feet. Whereas if you get your strength and dexterity high enough, it wouldn't be able to budge you a centimeter. This of course, is just one example. There's also the matter of pushing, lifting, blocking, parrying, running, jumping, breaking, and other categories where physics could be affected. If you get the right stats, your running speed could become great indeed. Heck there's a skill called charge that closes the distance between you and your target in 'seconds'. Jumping is the same too. Weren't that good a jumper in the real world? Well here you can get the stats to jump higher than you've ever thought possible! Never thought you could take on a giant golem before? Well now you can just punch that sucker into shards!

Of course there's the reverse side of this too. If you can become stronger, faster, and more nimble than any of the monsters your facing, you'll also encounter monsters who are way above your stats and seem God like. For example: If someone was a famous weight lifting champion entered this game, they'd start off weaker than anyone else. They might assume they have ultra strength only to realize that they're no stronger than a baby boar. Same goes for skills too. I was trained by a tutor in the real world in parkour, but when I attempt it here it makes me fumble like I don't know what I'm doing. Because I apparently need a mod called acrobatics in the light armor skill.

The advantages with this mechanics are that appearances are deceiving. If you talk, act, and show that you're a strong player, even if you aren't, you can trick your opponent into thinking your stats are high enough to where they don't wanna mess with you. The disadvantage here comes in the sense that, if you don't grind those levels out, you'll be weaker than most of the mobs and players in this game.

Literally.

[Safe Zones & Safety]

One of the most important features of the game designed to help protect players and make them feel safe as possible is the Safe Zones. These safe zones, only existing inside the walls of towns, were designed to create safe havens for players who did NOT want to feel in danger from monsters, npcs or player killers. Any attempt at dealing damage to another player within these safe zones will simply result in the 'immortal object' reaction. As a result, anyone who chooses to stay and live within the walls of a safe zone, rather than traversing out into the world to slay monsters and gain levels, can live peacefully without worry or fear.

And this is a total and blatant lie.

I'm not stupid, I know about the duel system. And that's the exception slash loophole to this in game mechanic. If you found a player sleeping, you can take their hand and make them open their menu. I've confirmed the rumors on this one, it's real. All a player killer has to do is walk up to someone sleeping, send them a duel request, and make the player hit the 'accept' button. The duel is the loop hole since you can set duels to 'full health loss', which means that not only will the duel not end until one of the players loses all of their health, but that you CAN lose all your health inside the safe zones too. And that's not the only loophole to safe zones. After I left the orphanage, I heard about kids going missing. The second loophole? Kidnapping. Even if you can't deal damage to a player, if you have a higher strength or dexterity stat, you can easily pick players up or put them in a sack and take them like that. Once your outside the town, all that's left is finishing them off.

This is why I try to move around as often as I can. Find safe places to sleep, every safe place in the floor, and just change campsites at random every few days.

There is something else though: Teleport crystals. These special items can be used to instantly escape your area to a settlement of your choosing. I heard rumors that they don't work in certain dungeons, but beyond that. THESE are the true safety nets of the game.

So I'm gonna buy at least fifty of these.

[Usernames & Privacy]

I heard people muttering about why usernames can't be seen if this is an MMO as I passed them by. I didn't answer them, but for me it was pretty obvious. Giving your username to strangers was one of the most dangerous moves you could make. Think about it for a second and you'll know why. Assuming you've done your research. Players who have access to your username can go to info brokers and get all the intel they need on you by just paying them col. If you go by an alias however, that's less they have to go on. Furthermore, there is a skill called 'search' which has a mod called 'tracking'. Guess what that lets you do? Track players. Which, after reading up on it. Requires your username. This of course, means that dangerous players can easily find you wherever you are, or hire someone else to find you for them. If you give your username away, that's it. Info brokers will get it and your information will be compromised. You can't give it out no matter what. No matter how badass or cool you think it is. Keep it to yourself.

And that's not all the information hidden from other players either. Your level, skills, professions, everything will be a secret to other players if you're cautious. There's no skill that lets them peer into your profile and get any of your information. Your numbers and skills are your secret, so keep it that way. It's much easier to surprise a foe when you have a hidden blade as your primary weapon, but carry around a straight sword for show. Trick them into thinking you're a totally different build, then go in for the kill.

So basically keep your mouth shut and don't broadcast your skills.

[Damage & It's Variants]

Damage comes in many natural and player caused forms in the world of Sword Art Online. I'm hoping I've managed to record every form of them, but I won't know until I've encountered something new.

STATIC DAMAGE - This is the 'straight raw damage' category. It can be mitigated most of the time, but sometimes it can be piercing damage. It's a set number that may or may not be modified by a critical hit. For example: My damage while writing this is six raw damage times my sword art. My highest sword art is [Fad Edge] (dumb name), which multiplies my damage by four, and my tier is one right now so I don't add that as a multiplying factor.. Yet.. So six times four equals twenty four points of damage. So whenever I use that sword art, my static damage will be twenty four points of damage. Now obviously if my target has mitigation, that number will go down, but the static damage is my output, not the result. The result would be called Final damage, but nobody really talks about that since it varies greatly between players and monsters.

CONTINUAL DAMAGE - This is the kind of damage you get when you're walking through a huge pool of acid, or your starting to drown underwater... Or you leave a dagger in your leg and don't take it out. It doesn't linger when you escape the situation (i.e. walk out of the acid, break through the surface of the water, pull the dagger out), it just deals damage while you're in the situation. That's the big difference between continual damage and damage over time. The damage varies of course based on the base values. Drowning is a percentage based damage, so no matter what level you are it's the same. Acid or traps vary based on the floor and tier, and weapons just depend on the base stats of the weapon.

DAMAGE OVER TIME - This is the second typical damage output players deal. Damage over time is always applied via enhancements on a consumable or weapon which applies a status effect on the target. This status effect lingers for a set amount of time, and will deal a static, usually unmitigatable damage to the target, every second. This is different than continual damage in two ways. The first being the obvious, in the sense that you can't just pull the dagger out and rid yourself of the effects, nor can you walk away from where you were hit and stop the damage (though you can clear the status effect with certain items). The second is that unlike continual damage, DoT doesn't last forever, even if the weapon is stuck in you the whole time.

FALL DAMAGE - .............I want to say this isn't common, but given the numbers of suicides I've heard about............ This one is obvious: If you jump too high, you'll receive damage upon impact. It's hard to determine how much damage you'll actually lose unless you actually experiment with it, as certain skills or mods or gear will soften the blow. So unless you check how much damage you receive each time you get a new mod or skill regarding this, you'll never know. I can say that this is percentage based damage as well though.

There are many modifiers for adding to and removing damage of course, and there are ways to pierce mitigation. But as far as the system is concerned, these are the four primary methods of dealing damage.

[Pain, Ghost Pain & 'Gore']

I'm pretty sure everyone in sword art online has already figured out that pain has been turned off for everyone in this game. And I'm pretty sure that nearly everyone is very very happy about that. However just because you don't feel any pain when you're hit by an attack doesn't necessarily make it a good thing. Torture is impossible, yes, and getting hit by a fire breath from a dragon wouldn't burn you head to toe, but what about the survival instinct that kicks in when you feel that pain? Pain exists in order to keep us alive after all. It would make more sense for the system to be designed so that you don't feel pain while your health is in the green, but when you hit orange health you start to feel a little pain, and when in the red you feel the greatest pain. That way players will still have the survival instinct preventing them from actually pushing forward when they should be retreating. Some say ghost pain is enough, but that goes away quickly after a few hits, especially in the middle of a fight after you've been here a while. Your brain just recognizes that there isn't any pain anymore and stops producing ghost pain.

Even the gore isn't a factor anymore, though that's far less significant. Instead of blood or dead corpses, you get red marks or limbs and bodies that just shatter to code immediately after severing it. So is the pain loss a good or bad thing? There are some perks to it, but in the long run I think it's for the worse. Not just for the argument of surviving, but when we get out of here we won't be able to handle getting our toe stubbed... Well I mean, we never did, but it will feel a lot worse when we're out because we've gone so long without any pain whatsoever.

[Skills, Mods & Skill Points]

One of my biggest confusions when entering this game was the lack of Exp. Well, in the traditional sense that is. You still have an Exp bar, but instead of getting another level when you filled it, you got a skill point. If you had enough skill points, you could then level up. That, didn't make ANY sense to me. At all. But, it's the way it is so I'll explain how this works. Every player starts out with five skill points, and just about every skill available cost five points at rank one. Skills can have one rank, three ranks or five ranks in general (save for profession skills but that's later). Each rank cost a higher level of SP: 5 for rank 1, 8 for rank 2, 10 for rank 3, 12 for rank 4, and 15 for rank 5, with a total of 50 SP spent for each completed 5 rank skill. Skills will unlock abilities or specific equipment, making them the most vital part of this game. For example: My dagger skill allows me to use daggers properly, while also giving me sword arts (mentioned later).

Mods are essentially addons to a player's skill. The light armor skill for instance, has a mod called acrobatics which enhances your reaction timing and evasion stats, as well as unlocks the ability to perform parkour type actions. A mod will be linked to a specific rank, so unless you reach that rank you can't unlock and equip it. Example being that if a mod is linked to rank 3, you couldn't unlock it until you've reached rank 3. Without the extra mods skill, players can only have three mods active at any given time, so extra mods will be a necessity for me at some point.

Some skills go excellent with one another, like weapon skills and charge, or heavy armor and shield, while other skills could work together if you do it right. like having heavy armor, shield, one handed weapon and charge could be made into a tank/dps build. Trying to spread yourself too thin however won't work since in a fight you only have so much time to act, and you won't be good at your job since your gear can't favor all builds at once. Myself? I'm going to stick with stealth and dps, or a rogue like build.

[Sword Arts]

If Skills and mods are the most vital part of SAO, Sword arts would be the second most vital. Since, you can't do any damage without them. Sword arts seem relatively simple and straightforward: They're unlocked with ranks of weapon skills. The higher level sword arts deal more damage, and some sword arts can hit multiple targets at once, and some allow you to stun your opponents. Damage with sword arts is calculated by taking your base damage [the default is 1 point of damage, then add modifiers from your weapon skill, then damage increase mods, and finally your enhancements] and then multiplied by the sword art's multiplier. This is how sword arts deal more damage over time. You start with x2 multipliers, then get to x3, then x4, x5, x6, x7, x8, x9, x10, x11, x12, and x13. No one's ever had higher damage multipliers before. My dagger skills can only get so high in damage too. Each weapon skill has it's own unique strength and weakness.

Another thing about sword arts is that there are two ways to activate them. The first method requires the second as well, so while it's good for beginners, advanced players prefer method two. The first method involves taking a stance specifically for the sword art you wish to activate. When that happens your weapon glows and you move on to method two. Method two is where you follow the directions given in the description of the sword art. For example: If it states you must stab your target twice and then make a slash attack, you HAVE to make two stabs and then a slash or else the multiplier and AoE (or stun) won't activate.

However, I chanced upon something that lets me bypass BOTH methods. Something I'm not sharing with anyone. I discovered that if you twist your wrist, or tilt it rather, in a very specific way while concentrating on the sword art you want to use, it activates. You don't need to follow through it's description. You don't need to take the stance. If it says two stabs and one slash, I could just make a single stab and throw a kick in there and it would still trigger the effects. This is gonna give me the edge in a fight with another player. This is how I'll survive player killers... Well one of the ways.

That being said, some of the names for these sword arts are so stupid and cheesy, I'm SO glad I don't have to follow through with them.

[Enhancements & Status Effects]

Remember how I said skills and mods were #1 most vital, and how sword arts were #2 most vital? Enhancements are #3 most vital on the list. Enhancements are basically designed to enhance your stats. Got a weapon? Deal extra damage with the damage enhancement! Low on health? Restore it with a potion, or boost it by twenty points! Freaking low on energy? Restore that or reduce energy costs! Want to sponge damage? Mitigation is literally a defense buff! If you don't have enhancements, you're asking someone or something to kill you. Hence why no one wants uncommon or rare equipment (more on that later on). There are enhancements that have other effects besides boosting your abilities though. For example: Bleed and paralysis. Bleed is the only damage over time enhancement that can be crafted other than a poisonous toxin that potion makers can create. And paralysis is a special enhancement that lets you immobilize your target so they can't do anything for a short while.

Now then: Why would paralysis have any use to someone who has stun sword arts? Well stun sword arts once used on a target, can't stun them for a while ((3 posts)), while paralysis can be used over and over again. It doesn't have a guaranteed chance of activating, but hey game's gotta be balanced right? But there's even more unique enhancements that I've heard of called uniques. One deals huge damage on crits and one on normal hits. One can cut through mitigation like butter, and one deals thorns damage! That's what I need to get to be an assassin~

[Monsters, NPCs and Environment]

For the most part, monsters stay in their relative element, npcs stay on their directed paths, and the environment remains unchanged. But that doesn't mean that they'll stay that way unchanged the entire time. I've heard stories of players with high enough skills and stats who slice through trees and break boulders all the time. But when I do it, they always say 'immortal object'. That's because, upon further study, my skills and stats aren't high enough. However no matter how much damage and change a player does to the environment, it will always reset after a period of time. How much time that is... I don't know. There's no way in hell I'd sit there for hours and days waiting for that to happen, and I don't know anyone who's boring enough to do so. I just know that if you cut a tree or forest down, it's gonna return to normal later.

Monsters usually stay in a specific zone, but I heard stories of players who were being chased by monsters into another zone, where the two monsters either teamed up against the players or fought against each other. In other words: If you understand the lore of monsters of a floor, and know who is enemies with who and who is friends with who, it could potentially save your life. Food for thought. Same thing goes with npcs, and of course after dying depending on their strength and level they might respawn quickly or after a long while.

[Cursor Colors & Their Meanings]

So I looked into it, and there's a lot of different colored cursors!!! Green, orange, yellow, pink, red, purple, crimson, black. It's crazy!!! But one at a time. Green is obvious: A player who hasn't committed any crimes... Supposedly. I say supposedly because I heard about green players who would lure naive players away from populated areas, only to let their orange buddies ambush and kill them. That's why you can't trust anyone just because they have a green cursor. Orange cursors are given to players who do one of the following: Steal from another player, assault another player, or kill another player. Stealing results in the orange cursor for a few hours but not much longer than that. Assaulting a player results in the orange cursor for a few days, and killing another player results in a permanent orange cursor. I killed someone, so mine is permanent but I can use theft as a cover story due to this reason: If you commit assault or theft three or more times, your color change becomes permanent. A yellow cursor is for npcs who are not hostile towards you... At the moment. They could turn violent if you attack them, or if they're a traitor in a quest, but beyond that, yeah.

Then there's the monsters. Pink is evidently the color used to identify monsters who are several levels weaker than you. Baby boars used to be red for me, but now they've got pink cursors over their heads. Kinda funny to be honest. Imagine a demon that was once frightening and dangerous suddenly identifiable by the color pink. Then we get to red, which basically means it's just under, at, or just above your level. And then there's purple. Purple apparently means the monster is several levels higher than your player, which means if you don't have an army with you, you need to get out of there and grind until it's cursor looks red. Then there's the... Well the dark crimson cursor. My description for this is "Oh [censored] it's a god run for it and don't look back" mob. Basically it's so high in level that you'd need to grind for ages before it even turned purple, let alone red. So basically train two years and you might be ready for it.

Edited by Iron_Lion

~Bestiary~

In this section I'll have listed every monster/npc I've read about or encountered. Their typical attack patterns, weak points, abilities, danger ranking, drops, and lore if I can find it, will be written down. Danger ranking will range from one to five. One and two being average every day monsters. Three and four being elites. Five being bosses. I'm not counting event or floor bosses because they're a one time only deal, so it would be pointless to keep track of the abilities and stats of something that's permanently dead. The sub categories for this list are: BEASTS; MARINE; FOWL; MONSTER; MYTHICAL; and HUMANOID. Beasts consist of animals, marine consists of underwater creatures, fowl consists of flying creatures. Monsters would be the weird ones like slimes. Mythical would be classic ones like the minotaur, dragon, etc. Humanoid is obvious, goblins and elves and other stuff like that.

[BEASTS]

[Ankheg]

Ranking: 2
Floors: 1, ?+
Length: 10 to 20 feet
Description: A large scaled insect with six clawed legs, a wide head and two feelers as well as two pincers. It has several 'tentacle' like strands covering it's mouth.
Patterns: The Ankheg seems to have a straightforward type of attack pattern. Depending on how high a level the player is, the Ankheg may or may not use it's special move right off the bat. If it doesn't then it's confident it can beat the player, meaning that it's around the same level as the player. If it uses it, then it's wary. It can only use it's special attack, which is to fire it's stomach acid at the player, two to three times before it can't use it again, though it can still secrete acid through it's mandibles, aka pincers. When it can't or doesn't attack with it's stomach acid, it will swing it's clawed legs at the player two to three times before swinging in for a bite. Doesn't usually run away.
Drops: Insect's Feeler, Insect's Leg, Insect's Scale. [Rare] Vial of Stomach Acid.

[Boar]
[1, Boar pup, 2, Boar, 3, Gray Boar, 4, Dire Boar]

Ranking: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4
Height/Length: 2-3 ft. / 4 ft. / 5-6 ft / 7-8 ft.
Description: A four legged creature with small legs, a round body with a mane, large snout and twin tusks. Normal boar have dark brown fur. Gray boars have gray fur, and Dire boars have black fur.
Patterns: BOAR PUP: There is only one pattern: Ground the dirt, snort, charge, hit something. Rinse and repeat. BOAR: Squeals before it charges at the player, and can change it's direction slightly, and stops if it misses the player, though it takes a while to do so. GRAY BOAR: Charges the player based on where they're going, and can stop instantly. They can also turn themselves around while charging, letting them keep their momentum. DIRE BOAR: ???
Drops: Boar Pup Tusk / Boar Tusk, Pig Meat, Animal Pelt (Poor) [Rare] ???
Lore:

[Wildlife]
[Deer, Rabbits, etc.]

Ranking: 1
Height: Varies
Description: Any type of wildlife like deer, rabbits, pigs, cattle, kangaroos, etc.
Patterns: Normally they'll flee, but if they attack it's usually a charge and then hitting you with their horns or head or feet, though it doesn't do much damage at all.
Drops:
Animal Meat, Animal Hide.

Edited by Iron_Lion

~Materials & Drops~

In this section I'll have listed every single solitary material I've read about, or encountered, as well as materials dropped by monsters. Gear doesn't count in this list, but I'll try keeping tabs on any floor or event boss drops that are out there... Just so I can identify them easier if I end up seeing a player wielding them. It's good to know who owns them. Anyway, the system is very vague on the whole concept of materials, but I believe that only certain types of materials can be used for certain professions. It doesn't make sense to make food out of iron anyway. So first is profession type, then rarity which ranges from common, uncommon, rare, very rare, and legendary. Then I'll have a list of it's properties and what it can be used for, then write down it's description. Of course there's also the material category as well: Living or non-living, which is further broken into plant life, animal life, monster life, humanoid life, and then mineral, metal, and man made items like nails and such. And finally, I'll also list the floors these materials can be found on too.

Note: Properties are usually going to result in an enhancement, or what type of item it will craft into (like potion versus paste), but there are other effects it can do as well such as color potions, create a cosmetic effect on the player, etc. There are three levels of potency: Green, Blue and Purple. Green means that it won't grant the desired effect unless you use two materials with the same property (aka, it's only 1/2 effective). Blue means that as long as you don't mix it with another material that counteracts it, the enhancement is an option when crafting. Purple is rare, especially since all properties will be purple if even one of them is. Purple cancels out every other property no matter how many materials you use.

[MOB/NPC DROPS]

[Boar Tusk]

Prof. Type: Blacksmith; Tailor
Category: Animal Drop
Rarity: Uncommon
Floor: 1, ?
Property 1:
Weapon Shape
Property 2: Damage
Property 3: N/A
Description: A single tusk dropped by every boar mob. While it does not drop all the time, it's not too rare a sight. Overall these materials are primarily used for blacksmiths and tailors, as they can carve the tusk to either sharpen it, or shape it resulting in boar bone weapons, or hooks and clasps for keeping leather clothing and accessories together. The tusk is rough however, and difficult to carve with fine detail, making it not ideal for artisans. They tend to have a different color tint based on the color of the monster's hide (average boar is average bone white, but gray boar tusk has a gray tint, while black boars have an even darker tint, brown boars have a redish tint, etc.)

[Bone Meal]

Prof. Type: Alchemist
Category: Man-made Substance
Rarity: Common
Floor: All
Property 1:
Paste Form
Property 2: N/A
Description: Only naturally located in dungeons where sentient life exists or existed at some point, this material can likewise be obtained by crushing any bone. Crushed enough, the bone will be ground into the paste that is bone meal. It has no other uses other than to act as a base form for salves and pastes. It's not to be consumed however, as it is not meant for humans to devour.

[Leather Hide]

Prof. Type: Tailor
Category: Animal Drop, Monster Drop
Property 1:
Clothing/Weapons, Light Armor
Property 2: Mitigation
Property 3: Damage
Description: Leather hide is the skin of most animals and some monsters. It can be used as a lightweight protective cover, and is used to create several clothing accessories such as leather belts, pouches, scroll cases, and so forth. They can also be carved, thinned out and crafted into leather hand wraps for martial artists.

[Leather Strips]

Prof. Type: Artisan, Blacksmith, Tailor
Category: Man-Made Material
Property 1:
Trinkets, Jewelry || Weapons, Heavy Armor, Shields || Light Armor, Plushies
Property 2: Durability
Property 3: Mitigation
Description: Carved from leather hides, leather strips can be used mainly in binding equipment together. Artisans can use it as the loop for jewelry or to hang pieces of trinkets. Blacksmiths can use leather straps for the handles of weapons, or to keep metal armors and shields bound or reinforced. Tailors can use it to craft light armors, and/or reinforce them, as well as use them to craft the foundations of plushies, making them a bit more durable than they would be without leather strips.

[Meat]

Prof. Type: Cook
Category: Animal Drop, Monster Drop
Property 1:
Meals, Feasts
Property 2: Protein
Description: Meat can be dropped by any animal or monster. The quality of the meat is based on the floor the monster is found on, multiplied by it's tier, and is further multiplied by the monster's rarity. For example, deer meat on floor six will always be default in quality, not low or high. But a dragon's meat on a floor like floor thirty would be of excellent quality. As would be expected, meat is a staple material in meals and feasts.

[Meat Diced]

Prof. Type: Alchemist, Cook
Property 1:
Potions || Snacks
Property 2: Protein
Property 3: Stamina
Description: Diced from regular meat, diced meat can be put onto dishes in the form of a snack, or put into larger meals to create a meal, or added to feasts as a little treat. However unlike average meat, diced meat can be used in alchemy by dropping several pieces into the cauldron/boiler until it dissolves, granting the player increased total stamina. It requires several diced meat to gain a benefit however.

[Vegetation]

[Fae Flowers]

Category: Vegetation - Plant
Property 1:
Potions, Salves || Snacks, Deserts, Meals, Feasts
Property 2: Antidote || Antioxidants
Property 3: Sparkle Cosmetic
Fallback Property: HP Recovery
Description: The Fae Flower has purple, yellow and pink narrow petals, and it's pollen has a sparkly sheen to it. Craved by gray boars, these plants have interesting properties. When the flower petals are put into an alchemist's cauldron/boiler, it gives the potion the antidote enhancement. Additionally, the pollen in the flower seems to apply a cosmetic enhancement called Sparkle (See Shop for more info). Cooks can use this flower as well. For cooks however instead of antidote, the enhancement used is Antioxidants, though the pollen still gives the player the sparkle cosmetic.

[Glow Shrooms]

Category: Vegetation - Fungus
Floor: 1, ?, 10, ?
Property 1:
Potions, Salves || Snack, Feast
Property 2: Pheromones || Loot Die
Property 3: Glow Cosmetic
Description: The Fae Flower has purple, yellow and pink narrow petals, and it's pollen has a sparkly sheen to it. Craved by gray boars, these plants have interesting properties. When the flower petals are put into an alchemist's cauldron/boiler, it gives the potion the antidote enhancement. Additionally, the pollen in the flower seems to apply a cosmetic enhancement called Sparkle (See Shop for more info). Cooks can use this flower as well. For cooks however instead of antidote, the enhancement used is Antioxidants, though the pollen still gives the player the sparkle cosmetic.

[Green Petal Daisy]

Category: Vegetation - Plant
Property 1:
Salves
Property 2: Toxic Venom, HP Recovery
Description: The green petal daisy is essentially a daisy with green colored petals instead of white. The petals of this flower are rather toxic, resulting in most alchemists using them for toxic venom. However the stem of the flower can be used to create health recovery salves.

[Spotted Puff Shroom]

Category: Vegetation - Fungus
Rarity: Rare
Property 1:
Salves, Potions
Property 2: Over-Health, Pheromones
Description: The spotted puff shroom is a white bulb cap mushroom with purple polka dots on it. The cap contains the pheromones properties of the plant, while the stalk provides the over-health benefits. It's root network is unique in the fact that when one harvests the plant, it tears itself from the network whilst leaving a seed so that it can regrow almost immediately afterward. In a sense, it keeps itself alive and in the same place at all times via this method.

[Star Fruit]

Category: Vegetation - Fruit
Property 1:
Salves, Potions
Property 2: Damage, Crafter's Respite
Property 3: Sparkles
Description: This fruit can be found on Yellow Belly trees, which can appear like oaks, but when the bark is peeled off is found to have a yellowish wood underneath. The fruit is oval in shape from a side view, but looking at it straight up and/or down reveals a 'star' shape. The juice of the fruit contains the crafter's respite within it, while the seeds of the fruit contain the potency of damage. The tips of the fruit on the top and bottom however appear to be extremely potent, and as a result hold the best chances of success.

[Minerals]

[Glowstones]

Prof. Type: Alchemist, Artisan, Performer
Category: Crystal
Property 1:
Crystals || Trinkets, Jewelry || Support Songs
Property 2: Teleport || Taunt || Familiar Sight
Description: A cylinder crystal with six to seven sides. Most of the time these crystals are used by alchemists and performers rather than artisans due to them being so common. For alchemists, it acts as a unique teleport crystal, causing the player to glow before and after teleportation. For artisans, they can carve the glowstone into different sizes and shapes, inserting them into gem slots. And performers can sing familiar songs into them. Alchemists however can make cosmetic.

[Glowstone Powdered]

Property 1:
Potions, Salves
Property 2: Crafter's Respite
Description: Powdered Glowstone is obtained when a player crushes and grinds a glowstone into a fine powder rather than carving it into a specific shape. The glowstone in it's powdered form enables the player to place it in salves and potions. When dissolved into potions, it produces the crafting respite potion. When it's added to a salve, it simply gives the player the glow cosmetic effect (check store for more info).

Edited by Iron_Lion

[The X Lesson Is Free Series]

I hate this questline. It's supposed to be a tutorial introduction into this game and it does nothing but make you do the same thing over and over again with one or two things different. They don't teach you the rules of this world, the unique mechanics, how other quests work, or anything. The first quest made me go searching for materials, which admittedly was important, but then they sent me back and made me craft something. I didn't even have a profession yet. That should have been taught in the actual quest which taught how to craft stuff... And it was! The second quest made me fight some weak monsters, which I was grateful for since I needed to learn how to fight. They didn't teach me much, but I was able to figure the rest out on my own. The third quest was a combination of the past two, in that I had to find a gem in a cave, and had to fight one monster. I guess the monster was supposed to be some sort of boss, but it wasn't that hard. Finally the last quest made me have to go fishing, which was boring, and kill a giant swordfish. It was repetitive and stupid and I didn't learn anything. I did meet Mari for the first time there though.

The tutorial quests shouldn't have been so simplistic and stupid. They should have taught how skills and mods worked, explain in depth how the equipment and enhancement system works. They should have taught me how the monster cursors worked, and all sorts of other stuff. But no. The only two things they taught, vaguely I might add, was fighting mobs and finding materials. The materials part aren't even vital to the game! It's just extra! Overall, I think these are stupid.

[Earning a Living]

This quest was... Well admittedly it did teach me the basics of the profession I wanted. It did it's job. It just seemed a bit... Well boring. I just walked out, looked for materials, went back and crafted a potion. Or well, salve. I can't make potions yet unfortunately. The quest did provide me a shop of my choosing though, as well as a starter's alchemy set. I have to buy other things to make it better though.

[Nature's Treasure]

This quest is the best! It makes finding stuff sooooo much easier! All I need to do is just look for materials like I normally do and I get extra materials! It's the best! And what's even better is it's a lot easier to find materials too. It's a lot easier than trying to find materials in other locations outside of the three provided by this quest. I'll probably visit those places a few more times to restock on my materials. I can't craft without materials after all.

Edited by Iron_Lion

~People of Interest~

[Hei]

The first player I've ever met in this game other than that stranger who attacked me. Though I wouldn't call that a meeting... I first met Hei in his shop when I went to purchase leather armor from him. He seemed nice on first glance, and I even ran into him during the second quest of a very annoying questline for beginners. He followed me as I escaped the guards and gave me a bit of advice on the game, as well as encouraged me to enjoy it. He promised to watch me as I practiced fighting baby boars, but during my first fight he vanished. I don't know where he went or why, but him disappearing taught me a valuable lesson: You can't trust strangers.

Should have learned that a long time ago right?

[Mari]

A woman I met who's been the first person to not drop in and out of my life in the span of a day. I've talked with her a lot and even visited a few times. I think she's trustworthy for certain. She's really nice and kind to me, and offered to help me out with quests from time to time! She does know the truth about my cursor however, though that's more my fault than anything. Despite that I think I'm safe with her, she didn't get angry or anything. If anything I think she sympathized with me or something. I look forward to spending more time with her anyway. I don't want to be alone anymore.

Edited by Iron_Lion