[F03 - PP] Epic Cycle vol.3: Cultist Scripts <<DHA: 3>>

"Wha..?." came the dumbfounded question that I didn't want to voice. "This is even more vague than what we had before." as much as I keep peering through the new pop-up on my HUD I can't seem to heads and tails of what it means. "Show me yours." I mutter and move next to Claudia to see her window. "Part 3... Opal" she says softly with a slight frown, clearly forcing the gears in her head to decipher that message. "Hey Raidou, does yours say the same thing? 'PT 3 OPAL?" I asked our red clad friend. "Mine says the same!" came the unrequested response from the blonde that was waving around a gemstone. I pull out the one that we found previously and place it next to the blonde's. They were about the same size and weight but varied in coloration, this new one more transparent than the other. I tap it and read the item info out loud so that the rest could hear:" <Zylara’s Quartz> [Vanity Quest Item] : 1 of 9, collect all 9 and meet whom that waits before you, only then will you get the grand prize." "That means we have 7 more to go!" chimed in the blonde, apparently happy at the prospect of slaying more dragons.

Edited by Dracul
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raidou looked it over carefully in his actual log but the description there also provided nothing to go on as he responds to Dracul alongside Ariel "Same". He turned and with of reluctance painted on his tongue he spoke to Ariel directly, you could hear the issue in his words as they flowed. "P-perhaps have a c-conversation with the elder a-as before." Raidou managed the phrase out through a steeled jaw and in English. There were 7 more of these, and if they were all this vague it was going to be a battle. Thankfully the others seemed fully capable of taking this fact and deducing out the obscurities, as a single mind played upon this may take quite the amount of time. In an effort to avoid the eyes on his back within the walls of the settlement, he left the conversation to the others. A further catalog of the information they knew was in order, and with a hand placed to his chin, he attempted to sus out anything he could gain from focusing on what was a fact.

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer:

Level: 46

HP: 920/920

En: 92/92

Weapon: The Black Star - Genesis [1HSS] (T1/Perfect): Paralyze 1 (9-10), Taunt (+1 Hatred from Attacks/Howls, +2 on Focused), Vampiric [Offensive] 1 (Recover 10% of Total HP on 9-10)

Armor: Swordsman's Gauntlet [Heavy] (T2/Perfect): +54 Damage Mitigation

Misc: Red Wanderer's Robe [Light] (T1/Perfect): +3 Evasion

Skills:

1 Handed Straight Sword: Rank 3

Battle Healing: Rank 4

Parry: Obtained [Vengeful Riposte]

Fighting Spirit: Obtained

Fishing: Obtained

Gatherer: Obtained

Searching: Rank 5 (GM)

Concentration [Extra]: +1 Accuracy on next attack, 3 turn cool down

Battle Ready Inventory:

4*Golem Strength Potion (+2 Base Damage)

Auric Sol  [1HSS] (T2/Perfect): +6 Base Damage

Self-Heal Recovery Potion (T1/Uncommon/+60)*4

Teleport Crystal*2

Onyx Spectacles [Trinket] (T1/Perfect): +3 Loot Dice

One less dragon, if you could call it that. Poor thing seemed to try its best against the blonde but something was ticking her off. She shouldn't have been able to ground and finish it so fast if it focused on her exclusively. She could tell it was distracted, even as she impaled it she could swear it was looking towards Raidou, Claudia and Dracul, towards... 'The apples!' she mentally shouted at the realization and a formed theory in her head after hearing Raidou out.
"You know, it kinda hurt to see you being so reserved when talking to me. " she might seem a airhead or a musclebrain but she like to think that she was a little more sharper than that, if not as well as mentally endowed like the rest here she trusted her observation skills and her guts. Which made her admit the following: "We've been doing these quest for a while now, do I really look like a someone to keep at a distance?" She pointed towards the remaining two and added: "You seemed to be getting on with those two. Don't hold back on my behalf. As you've seen by now I'm no little flower." she added with a smile, hoping that he'd understand that whatever he would say wouldn't offend her.

Spoiler

Stats:

• 1,450 HP (70 x20 +30[athletics])
  • 140 Energy (70 x2)
  • 79 Mitigation (25 +54[armor])
  • +4 Accuracy (1[precision] +1[weapon] +2[trinket])
  • +1 Evasion (1[Sprint & Acrobatics])
  • 19 Base Damage (1[base] +7[weapon skill] +1[athletics] +9[familiar] +1[ferocity])
  • +4 Fallen Damage (Successful attack rolls of 6-8 (before modifiers) add fallen damage to your total base damage.)
  • +48 HP Holy Blessing (After taking damage, heal [8 per slot * Tier] HP at the beginning of your next turn. Can only trigger once per round.)
  • +60 HP Battle Healing (While in combat, recover 3% per rank of your maximum HP (rounded down) at the beginning of your turn.)
  • +5 LD +3 LD more when searching for sub-dungeons: 15 posts CD and labyrinths3 posts CD)
  • Absolute Accuracy (Attack rolls of 1 no longer automatically miss. Gain +1 to the BD when attacking. Cannot be used to trigger a critical hit.)
  • Taunt +1 Hate generated from Howl, Focused Howl, and successful attacks.)
  • Keen (After a successful attack, gain +1 BD until your next successful attack, at which point this bonus is removed. Another successful attack will reactivate this)

Skills: Pic at 510x450 Downscaled to 385, right side alignment

Equipment: 97cc3431a1a8a434524685e638baaa08.png

≪Shi’s Talon# 134787≫ ≪Leonidas' Strength#151568≫ ≪Finger Claw Filigree# 151884-1≫
T2: Absolute Accuracy | Keen | Fallen T3: Holy Blessing | Holy Blessing | Mitigation | Mitigation T1: Accuracy | Accuracy | Taunt
A long two handed assault spear made of polished maple. Its tip is a brilliant golden colour and is surrounded by tufts of white feathers.
A blood red cape with a black inverted V design in the middle of the back, if worn as light armor; one of the trademark items worn by the Spartans that fought until the last man.
An intricate golden chassis to be wrapped around one's finger. It's incredible sturdy, sharp and shiny, capable of aggravating enemies with a well-placed redirection of light.

Inventory:  

• ≪Basic Teleport [Crystal]≫
  • ≪[T1] Blank Dungeon Map≫

Buffs:

• None

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Raidou was on the right track, we needed to get back to the old guy and try to squeeze out more info. At the very least we needed to get the reward he promised when he asked us to slay the dragon. "Opal, the next gemstone is opal!" came the sudden voice from my assistant who was deep in thought until a moment ago. "You're probably right!" I add with a smirk. Before we head back I take another look back. "Let's grab those three big apples and some of the smaller ones. The old man clearly didn't tell us all he knew. I wanna see his reaction when we show these to him."  Claudia looks at me for a second before nodding and reaching out for some of the scattered items. I grab the three bigger apples and send one to Raidou and Ariel, who seemed to be discussing something else. "If we're done here let's make out way to the old guy!" I say a bit louder, while motion Claudia to walk with me. I haven't been on many quests but by judging Ariel's reactions to our situation, I could guess that this isn't the standard format.

Still uncomfortable at the premise as Ariel assumed that perhaps it was something she was letting off that proved to damage his words into segments, but it was more along the lines that his lack of issue speaking with Dracul and Claudia was simply because his thoughts simply allowed it. When his attentions were elsewhere it was easier to just allow the information to pour out, it may have seemed like a conversation to those around him but in fact it was simply thinking out loud. He would not join them on the trek into the walls, for it was a place where his own problems would flare up. "I-I will w-wait here." Raidou stammered as he pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose, before kneeling down and inspecting the hole further. It would look as though he was not convinced they had found everything here, but in actuality, it was an excuse to excuse himself from entering the city.

Seeing how her concern seemed to was meet with no resistance or reply, the blonde let out a long audible sigh. She caught one of the apples they found earlier in the chest and after seeing the others pick some of the smaller ones she picked one as well. Worst case scenario, they could cash in some Col from selling them to a merchant, she doubt the items were that useless. With the corner of her eye, she watch raidou inspecting the hole from earlier. She did not like what she heard one bit so she stepped in front of him and looked down with a gaze akin to that of a teacher ready to scold one of her students. "Mind telling us why? If you think it's important enough to stay behind, maybe we can help. We've been doing things together so far and it went relatively smooth. Why would you want to break that format and split up?" her eyebrow raised, the blonde wanted to make it clear that she wasn't going to separate without a solid reasoning from him. The lioness had her pray in her claws and wasn't going to let go until she was satisfied.

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

I watched the lioness question Raidou and was about to ask what was the big idea when a hand gently but firmly touched my shoulder. Turning my head I could see Claudia looking at me and shaking her head, as if she read my mind and knew my intention. "But look at her, she's way too pushy. She looks like a bully!" I protested in a low tone. "It's Ariel-dono's way of doing things, I'm sure you also noticed his... reticence. Maybe he needs a more intrusive approach to break out of his shell, I know you've taken a liking at his character.. I see he shares a lot of similarities with milord."  I wasn't sure what she was implying with that last bit but... as 97% of the times, she was right. I take a second to take a deep breath and reply. "I do find him a more enjoyable company that most of the numbskulls we bumped into." I admit, prompting a smile from Claudia who added: "Let's just pick more apples and observe them for now, if things get out of control we can subdue the lioness then." I nod and return to our current task, keeping an eye on the two, same as Claudia.

A feeling before footfall brings Ariel in extremely close proximity. He could feel her eyes punching holes in his skin. "T-this is why." Raidou remarked as the words choked out, the response had little detail. But it was this forced interaction, the very thing he tried to avoid at all costs. It was overbearing and he was studying how to do 'This' but it was still a work in progress as his list of do and do not's was still being built. Falling to the floor, Raidou oozes himself between Ariel's legs to the best he can, pouring himself into the hole. "I d-don't do crowds." Raidou yells out from the nook, hoping she would leave him be and turn her attention to the quest in question. It was commonplace, even more so with a bright red robe on your back that people speak to you against your will, so the fewer people around the better.

She watch him physically trying to slither away and narrowed her eyes: "So you're a little shy?" came her conclusion in a flat tone, reducing whatever internal turmoils or past experiences he had into a simple fact. She takes seat down on the ground near the hole, unsatisfied with his answers so far. For a second she thought about using her spear again and dig him out but that would probably do more damage than good. "It's only you and me here right now, the others finished their job and went ahead." said the blonde, while making a dismissing gesture towards the other two. Luckily she didn't have to insist too much as she saw Claudia make a small wave before grabbing Dracul by the collar and heading towards where they initially came from.

"The way I see it you have two options right now: you come out, we join them and work as a team while do your best to tough it up. Or we both stay here and talk things out." she knew she was being pushy right now but it felt like the right thing to do. "We started these quests together as a team an I'm not gonna have you drop out without a good reason."

A word from the hole, a clarification that seemed more clear given he was not in direct line of sight. It was as if he was speaking to thoughts and less another person. "I have no intention of leaving things unfinished, I am no coward. I however am no fool, I will not continue to do the same thing and expect a different result. I have this nasty habit of alienating those I speak to for a beckoned call on troubled tongue ends face to face with the beast. I believe you and the others can handle that aspect without my input, a play on strengths no sweeter anthem had been written." Raidou spoke while abusing some roots within the hole, forcefully distracting himself from the turmoil with the serenity of gathering to stabilize a fleeting mind and he could not concentrate enough to yield anything but it proved to calm him all the same.

ID# 151815 results: Craft: 10, Loot: 5+5=10, Failure!

Edited by Raidou

Seeing him talk coherently made her think that he wasn't a lost cause after all. "You're not very convincing when you're speaking from inside a hole!" said the blonde with a jovial tone as he denied his cowardice. From the points he brought up, Ariel decided to keep in focus his social anxiety as she was starting to learn more and more about it. "but you don't see me 'alienated' and walking away. I might be going on a limb here and feel free to correct me but you haven't won any popularity contest have you?" she asked bluntly with little doubt of his answer, so she continued: "I believe that any kind of relationship doesn't just exist out of the blue. You bump into someone and poof, you're BFFs on the spot. The world would be so much simpler and nicer if that was the case." she made a gesture with her hand as a expanding explosion but remembered he couldn't see so she dropped her hands to her sides. "The point I'm trying to make is that it's not your fault for that, all involved parties need to put in an effort to get to know the other and cultivate whatever relation they see fit. " She noticed that she was starting go on a tangent, so she momentarily stopped, 'grounding' herself around the point she wanted to get across.

"What I'm saying is that you seem like a cool guy so I'm willing to put and effort here to get to know you better and maybe become friends. I'll be honest and admit that you almost lost me with some parts of what you said just now. However I'll make sure to let you know whenever I'm uncertain or have something on my mind, just like now.

Raidou was taken back by her honesty and insight, it was quite refreshing for his words not to be misconstrued by the receiving party. "No I haven't, most label me as odd and use it as an excuse to subjugate or avoid me. I assure you, you are the exception." As he peered out from the shade, the casted light from the sun painted upon his frames shining glimmered circles from his face. Staring up at Ariel he elaborated a bit "Its rather hard when your efforts only project you more in a negative light, having no ground to stand upon when I try to bridge that gap. A routine and theory alone does not breed success." Exhuming himself and dropping to crossed legs in the sunlight, a sharp exhale and dust of his hands in a clap together. "Use not cruelty against yourself to justify cruelty to others. I am no coward."

• 2 weeks later...

"Hehe thanks I guess? you're definitely an oddball but not the creepy type, rather more of the fun kind of nerd like Dracul!" she affirmed with a smile, lacking of any ill intent behind her words. Ariel offered to help dust him off as he finally stepped out in the sun once again. She looked around them once again and picked up one of the three bigger golden apples. "Let's get to the bottom of this mystery and join those two. I'm sure the elder had some things he didn't want to tell us." a small grin appeared on her expression as she continued: "Even if he's a NPC I think we can find some means to make him talk." In the distance she could see a familiar maid dress and apron, its owner waving at them. The menacing aura around the blonde soothed by Claudia's presence almost instantly. Dracul was a little behind her and there was a figure next to him, obscured by the bespectacled player figure.

"It seems they're doing well." I mutter in a low tone, the waving girl in front of us nodding in acknowledgement. "I hope you didn't bring me here just to..." started protesting the village elder in a sour mood but stopped mid sentence, his eyes fixated on the item in Ariel's hands. With rejuvenated vigor, she strode past Claudia and extended a hand towards the apple in the blonde's hands. Of course, his gesture resulted in him groping the air as the front liner side stepped with masterful agility. I couldn't help but compare him with a kid trying to get his toy back from someone older. That was the current situation between Ariel and the elder who seemed fixated in removing the apple from her possession with all his might. "Give it to me!" he continued to command. The blonde skillfully rendering null all his efforts.

"Explain yourself..." I said harshly, prompting the two to a sudden stop to their silly attics. The elder fidgeted for a second, glancing between all of the players before releasing a log sigh. "Very well, no use in hiding it now I suppose. You probably piece it together if you found the apples and defeated the dragon. We stole them from its garden when we found out they can help our crops grow faster and healthier than anything else." he admitted displeased but resigned between furrowed brows.

Raidou adjusts the glasses on his face and kicks off the last bit of dust with Ariel's help "Well I do enjoy books." he comments as an affirmation of her statement as Dracul had returned with the elder in tow. He removed the other two apples from the earth, and shoved them into a bag feeling a bit of soured energy from them and aimed to conceal them. "I believe you do, and I would like to hear why."

Right on queue, Raidou thought in silence, as he was made aware of the rest of the group's return, shoving the bag under his robe for this was the last time they would be used for such a nefarious purpose.

The golden apples had done more harm than good, hopefully, Dracul and Claudia saw this with the words that followed from the nomad. "I don't think she will, and It would be foolish for you to attempt to take it from her." Raidou paid Ariel a glance figuring she would pick up on the subtly to scare this idiot straight, he was convinced if anyone could it would be her. "I suggest you learn to work your fields with hard work rather than relying on things that could kill you to aid your efforts. There are no short cuts, the only thing you do in the end is hurt yourself and you pay your people a disservice by not guiding them away from such folly." a flourish of his HUD open with the obscured description on his prompt, a motive clear but the means were still strange. Why did this extend into another branch? What ties did it have to the prior event and these golden apples? An answer that only beckoned more questions.

"You don't say..." muttered the blonde before the elder rushed towards her with renewed vigor and tried his best to take away the apple she was holding. The blonde of course, didn't let him and by taking advantage of the height difference she had over him, hanged the apple overhead as he was trying to get it; reminding her of a child reaching for its favorite toy. When the elder got tired and stopped the charade, she lowered her arm and listening to his words. She looked at Raidou then nodded at his words with her eyes closed and hand crossed below her bosom. 

"Try me." she added baring her fangs at the old man who by now has given up on taking the item from her. She extended her free palm and materialized the quartz stone she got  earlier from the dragon. "Here's the proof that we killed the dragon bothering you but I'd say it's too early to be relieved yet." she threw it in the air and the stone returned to her inventory before touching the ground. Instead she presented the apple again and continued: "If this was stolen, there's no guarantee that another dragon won't come back for it and all this will happen again." she took a deliberate and got closer to the old man, muttering the next words in a low menacing tone almost next to his ear: "or worse...

I watch the blonde finish her little theatrics, the now even paler NPC seemed to agree with their point, more out of fear than at the concept of a earnest work. Either way I would see him turn around to leave and I'd raise my eyebrows. Before he could make a step, I draw closer and put a hand on his shoulder: "Now about our due payment... We'll be liberating you of all these gold apples to ensure that this village will live peacefully from now on but you did promised to 'repay us' for our work." I could see him swallow drily, thinking we'd forget about that part of the bargain. It was clear that despite his hopes, he came prepared as he pulled a couple of letters and a pouch of col from his robe. He handed it to me, which in return I gave them to Claudia for inspection. 

After a moment she raised one of the fancy documents for all to see: "What language is this?" she asked with a puzzled expression after fairly distributing the col. The old man shrugged: "We don't know and don't have the resources to investigate it. I think you adventurers will have more use for it after deciphering them. Good luck on your future endeavors and thank you for your work." and with that he turn his back and headed towards the village, one hand stroking his majestic white beard while the other waved at us from behind.

Taking a quick perusal over the scripture left him rather perplexed by the language within it, but within he could see there was in fact a pattern. It was almost rhythmic in the way it swayed and bent, it would take some time but at first glance, it was looking not unlike a musical score. As Claudia moved to hand him the coin Raidou simply raised a hand in denial, for the sum mattered little to him. Removing the bag of the others he had peeled up he passes them into her grasp in exchange for the document.

I need copies, instead of focusing on this one at a time...Back to old tricks

Pulling the black book out of his pocket he tears off a few pages and lifting the piece up a flash of light duplicates its contents to the sheets in his hands. "I think different perspectives beckon a different result." He commented handing these to Claudia as well, with full confidence a course of action and an answer hidden under a thick fog. It would take the melding of multiple minds to reach a consensus that much Raidou was certain, and he had coined that Dracul and Claudia would have the mental fortitude to match his. He was eager to get started, and adjusting his glasses on his face, he wasn't one for goodbyes. "Keep an eye to the request board on floor 1, I will leave a message there when I am convinced I have something." he pays Ariel a half hearted smile. Maybe she was right, but he wasn't ready...

Raidou activates a Teleport Crystal

The blonde listened to the elder and gave a small wave as he walked away. Strange fellow but she wasn't really one to judge either. Instead she looked at one of the documents he handed them, dismissing it as gibberish at first glance. Before she even had the chance to ask a question, Raidou decided to walk away using a teleport crystal. She let out a sigh and turned towards the other two: "Wouldn't it be easier to just send us a message?" she asked with a puzzled expression and decided to send him a Friend Request anyway.

After she finished fidgeting with her HUD, she watched as Dracul and Claudia started studying the papers. It seemed that she was the only one surprised by the way Raidou left the party just now. With a sigh she snapped her fingers, drawing their attention, knowing that they had to come to a conclusion before she lost them to the piece of paper. "What's next?" she asked when their eyes meet hers. After a nod from Dracul, Claudia said: "We need to decipher the documents. Right now we have no lead on what to do next on the dragon hunt except 'part 3 opal'. Neither Raidou or us recognized the language or coding, neither can we do it on the spot so we'll have to get back to our shop and start researching." her eyes trailed to the side as she continued. "A busy frontliner like Ariel-sama probably doesn't have time to investigate books and libraries, so it's better if you leave this part to us."

I notice Ariel raise her brow, she got the message. You do your muscle brain stuff and let the intellectual stuff to us, we'll get back to you when we crack it. I see her nod without much protest, guess she really has a soft spot when it came to the siblings seeing as if it was me the one that said that. I'd doubt my hp bar and her green crystal would've remain intact. "We'll try to keep in touch with Raidou and message you once we have something to let us continue." I state plainly, eager to head back to the lab. We left Darius alone long enough and while I trust his capabilities, there are some things I must do myself. On that note, the four of us follow our own paths until we crack the hint for our next venture joint venture. Me and my assistants returned to our shop and conducted our usual business, with the addition of researching the notes. Last Claudia heard from Ariel she had joined the frontlines again, scouting the labyrinth for the next boss' location with a team of dedicated players. Or so, my assistant says.