[F10-PP] Wrath of the Lich <<SotW: Leeching Nightmare>>

<<Scents of the Wild: Leeching Nightmare>>

Blue and black. That was all she could remember from her time at the river.

When she'd gotten to the tenth floor, however, a different sense of dread fell upon her shoulders. NIGHT's eyes went to the rock her other had previously occupied, and found a hollowness in her when she realized it empty. A missing piece. It didn't feel right without them looming over her back this visit, and it certainly didn't feel good having them around, either.

So what gives...?

A change of scenery might do the trick. NIGHT's gaze fell onto the rest of town, a sight she hadn't pressed herself to look upon during her past visits. The vibrant reds and warm lights from the open stores through paper windows were inviting and homely, and while the player might've stayed for a quick stroll, today was another day for mark hunting. So she quickly drummed up a message to her ally and friend.

To: @Zajcica
NIGHT: yomi
NIGHT: lich
NIGHT: eta?

Y8KUauY.png

NIGHT
  | HP: 1045/1045 | EN: 100/100
  | ACC: 4 | DMG: 23* | EVA: 2 | MIT: 36*
  | VAMP(OFF): 1 | BLEED: 24 | LD: 3
  | Stealth Detection: 3

* [Filling] used to provide +1 Protein.
[Examine]

[Equipment]

• Dracbane
    -- [ Vampiric (Offensive) | Natural successful attack rolls of 9-10 heals the player for 10% of their Max HP. ]
    -- [ Bleed | Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal 24 unmitigated bleed damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. Bleed damage does not stack, but can be refreshed. ]
    -- [ Accuracy | +1 ACC ]
  • Reinforced Steel Plate Armor
    -- [ Mitigation III | +81 MIT. ]
  • Silver Crescent Necklace
    -- [ Accuracy II | +2 ACC ]
    -- [ Evasion II | +2 EVA ]

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• [T2E2] Protein (1) -- [ Protein II | +2 DMG, -30 MIT. ]
  • [T1E1] Damage Crystal (1) -- [ Damage I | +1 DMG. ]
  • - - -

Skills

Skills

Mod Count: 4/5

1. Two-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Ferocity, Precision, Finesse
  2. Heavy Armor | Passive | RANK 3/5 
    > Athletics
  3. Searching | Passive | RANK 3/5

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Concentration | Active -- CD: 3
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3

Misc. Buffs

Spoiler
  • Dimensional Backpack, Item Stash
    | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots.
  • Well Rested
    | -1 EN for the first three expenditures of each combat. 
  • Col Stash
    | +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests. 
  • Relaxed
    | +(5 * Tier) HP per out-of-combat post. Full energy restoration occurs after two turns out of combat.
  • Squeaky Clean
    | -25% DoT damage taken from the first DoT applied to this player in a thread.
  • Filling
    | +1 T1 slot to a food consumed by this player in a thread. Can exceed Cook enhancement caps.

Lich...Lich.. What was a lich again? Ah, oh well. The paladin was always there Night no matter what was in her way, an unknown target would stop her from helping the girl get stronger. By helping Night, Night was in turn helping her. She couldn't get stronger or really do any of these quests without her help, or at least some damage player's help. She quickly made her way down to Yomi on floor 10 and met up with her best friend, adjusting she collected awhile back, still trying to get used to the fit.

"Oi, Night." The paladin called as she got close to the black-clad woman. "What's a lich? Do you have the info on this boss? What am I looking out for?" The girl asked, following her partner out in to the caverns. Since she likely had more information on this quest, it would be better to let her lead then form a strategy.

Spoiler

General
Level: 40 | HP:  860/860 | Energy: 80/80 Hate: 1/3/4(M/H/C)

Stats
DMG: 7 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 99 | ACC: 3 | DoT Restst: 25%+25%(1st proc) | Thorns: 36+20 | BH: 8 | Conc. CD: [0/3]

Skills
R3 OHAS, R5 Heavy Armor, R3 MIT Familiar, Fighting Spirit, R2 Block, Rank 1 BH, Concentration

Mods
Athletics; Stonewall

Housing Buffs
Rested; Filling; Tasty; Angler; Hardworking

Equipment(In use)
Charlemagne(Heavy Armor): HM I, Thorns II
La Black Luna(Trinket): ACC III
Trap of Argalia(OHAS): DMG I; BLD I

Equipment(Standby)
Revenant(Shield):
 Taunt I; Rec II
Braced Reproach(Shield): Taunt; Para II

Consumables
(2x)Starter Healing Potions(50HP)
(12x)Immolation Potion+1 < Using 1

NIGHT had been waiting idle, leaning against a large tori gate by the entrance of Yomi when she'd spotted Yuki advance towards her. A wave and a repositioning of herself upright, before she started to pace forward, hands kept in her tracksuit's pocket. Same old, same old.

Wait, she didn't know what a lich was?

"It's an undead creature," the player told her friend in recall. "Like, it reanimates the dead or something. Summons zombies or skeletons from the ground to do its bidding, alongside wielding powerful dark magic-- at least, that's how it is in most media." By now, she'd felt comfortable enough to at least admit in showing Yuki how she wasn't able to recall their mark's statistics off the top of her head, and with that she brought up her mail interface just to check on the details once again.

"... Yeah, it does exactly that, looks like. But it also says that we can't attack it until all its minions are down, so..."

@Zajcica

Travelling to the Stygian River. (1/3)

Peering over the shoulder of the knight, the paladin looked at some of the details of the quest to make sure that she could tank this boss reasonably. A grin ran across her face of satisfaction. For once in a long time, she had the potential to one shot the small fries. A bit of confidence was welling up inside the pink haired girl.

"Don't worry, I recently upped my damage a bit so that I can help you fight better. I know I'm supposed to be focusing on my tanking, but I've gotten such good mitigation that I'm not worried about taking some time to level up my damage. Using Rank 2 sword arts are nearly useless at this point. Maybe I can kill some of the little guys on my own to help you out so you don';t use so much energy." The paladin was happy she could say something like that. Up to this point, she was nearly relying on her friend to do 80% of the work.

Spoiler

Travelling to the Stygian River. (2/3)

"Oh, is that so?" NIGHT let her interface close. "And here I was so ready to strike them dead. Or-- undead. Hmm..."

The woman couldn't lie, though. She'd entirely prepared herself to take down the lich in a matter of two turns, presuming she was capable of landing all her hits accurately. Any help from her shield was welcome, though she wondered if Yuki would even find the chance to. Perhaps, if NIGHT was a little slower on the draw.

"Then I'll leave them to you," she finally decided, releasing a thoughtful grip on her own chin. "And play clean up afterwards, if any of them still remain standing. Then we'll pounce the Lich, before making a break for it."

NIGHT raised her arms upwards to stretch, leaning backwards as they took the turn at the crossroads to the Stygian River. She didn't exactly have a lot of fond memories on this floor; it'd fit her well just to scramble and leave as soon as the knight could.

@Zajcica

Travelling to the Stygian River. (3/3)

"I don't intend to be as successful as you, but it is nice to know that not everything can just mitigate my damage any more. After you've seen so many 1 damage attacks, you start to wonder if you're doing anything useful. I understand my job as a tank, don't get me wrong. I just wish I could do more, y'know?" The caverns were damp and a bit dim. It would probably take them some time to find their target, but when they did, it would be done quickly. These quests weren't difficult, Yuki had just never noticed them before. The totems would be an amazing boon for her build and it seemed foolish to not complete this quest line.

"We need all these totems to use their benefits right? And we can only use one. I wonder which one I should use since I'm something of a multi class build. More damage or more protection? Hmm.." The paladin wondered out loud, trying to see what Night was thinking about doing with her buff when they acquired all the totems.

Arriving at the river in a much more timely manner, the paladin readied for the lich minions to appear. They rose from the water just in time to meet Yuki's pink lance Only striking two of her targets. They surrounded her quickly after. Once the mobs had made their attacks on Yuki, the Lich rose from the river's surface attempting to claw Night with it's flesh appendage. Unable to move from her position, the paladin called out. "Look out!" Trying to break free, she needed to make an attack on the Lich as soon as possible, but with its minions still on the battlefield, it sucks out their souls and disappears out of reach from the two. "Its getting stronger by eating the small guys? We need to kill them quick then!"

image.png
image.png

[1, 4, 1, 3]Yuki: 860/860 -(4+8) | 66/80 -(6+8) | DMG: 7 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 99 | ACC: 3 | DoT: 25%+25% | Thorns: 56 | BH: 8 | Conc. CD: [0/3]
[0, 0, 0, 0]]NIGHT: HP: 1045/1045 -(50) | EN: 100/100 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 23* | EVA: 2 | LD: 9 | REC: 2 | TAUNT | PARAIMMUNE | Stealth Detection: 3

Stygian Warrior 1: 100/100 | DMG: 25 | MIT: 5 | ACC: 1
Stygian Warrior 2: 27/100 -(9*6+24) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 5 | ACC: 1

Stygian Warrior 3: 44/100 -(56) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 5 | ACC: 1
Stygian Warrior 4: 7/100 -(7*6+56) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 5 | ACC: 1
The Leech Lich: 250/250 | DMG: 50 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 2

Spoiler

Leech Lich consumed Stygian Warriors 1 and 2 gaining 100hp, 20 DMG, 10 MIT and healing itself for 200 HP.

New stats - The Leech Lich: 350/350 | DMG: 70 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 2

Spoiler

Abilities:

Leech: Four «Stygian Warriors» spawn with the boss when the River is found. «The Leech Lich» will consume up to two creatures per turn and will do so whenever it can. If it consumes the a creature, he restores +100 Health and gains +5 Mitigation, +50 Base Health, and +10 Damage. If it lands a hit on the player, «The Leech Lich» will heal a third of however much damage it dealt to the player. Every other turn  two more «Stygian Warriors» will spawn, but there will always be a maximum of four «Stygian Warriors» at any given time.

Protected: «The Leech Lich» cannot be attacked until the other creatures are defeated or devoured by «The Leech Lich». After the original 4 die, «The Leech Lich» is no longer protected.

Undead: Fallen damage has no effect on «The Leech Lich», but Holy damage deals +25 Damage when the enchantment procs.

The answer felt a little obvious to NIGHT, but it changed when her paladin friend mentioned that she was starting to pick up a little nuance with her build. "I'd still say say more protection though," she chipped in, looking back at her companion. "Since that's what you're already going for, unless you were certain about classifying yourself as a damage dealer for a fight. Even then, you might want to pick up on that energy recovery one instead..."

NIGHT hummed, pulling her attention away from the totems as the familiar blues of the Stygian waters finally came into view. Horrendously bright, she thought, as the Lich managed to pull itself from the shining liquid, carrying four of its lackeys with it. Dracbane was unleashed at their approach, of course, and as Yuki rushed into battle, NIGHT was quick to follow behind her, taking out the rabble as she went.

-- Then there were two missing. Wait, where'd they go? At her friend's advice, she nodded, before demolishing the two other remaining warriors still shambling on the spot. Next up on the chopping block: their big boss.

@Zajcica

Spoiler

ID: 152261 | BD: 8 (4, +4)
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Stygian Warrior #3.
23 * 12 = 276 DMG | 276 - 5 = 271 DMG

ID: 152262 | BD: 11 (7, +4)
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Stygian Warrior #4.
23 * 12 = 276 DMG | 276 - 5 = 271 DMG

Stygian Warrior #3 | HP: -227/100 (-271) | ACC: 1 | DMG: 25 | MIT: 5
Stygian Warrior #4 | HP: -264/100 (-271) | ACC: 1 | DMG: 25 | MIT: 5
The Leech Lich | HP: 350/350 | ACC: 2 | DMG: 70 | MIT: 35 | LEECH: 2 | PROTECTED | UNDEAD

[1, 1, 1, 0] NIGHT | HP: 995/1045 | EN: 88/100 (-12) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 36 | LD: 3 | VAMP(OFF): 1 | BLEED: 24
[1, 1, 3, 0] Zajcica | HP: 860/860 | EN: 66/80 | DMG: 7 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 99 | DoT: -25%-25% | THORNS: 56 | BH: 8

!!! Disclaimer: Discarding roll #152260. Reason: Monster being attacked was already dead! :pika:

LEECH: «The Leech Lich» will consume up to two creatures per turn and will do so whenever it can. If it consumes the a creature, he restores +100 Health and gains +5 Mitigation, +50 Base Health, and +10 Damage. If it lands a hit on the player, «The Leech Lich» will heal a third of however much damage it dealt to the player. Every other turn  two more «Stygian Warriors» will spawn, but there will always be a maximum of four «Stygian Warriors» at any given time.
PROTECTED: «The Leech Lich» cannot be attacked until the other creatures are defeated or devoured by «The Leech Lich». After the original 4 die, «The Leech Lich» is no longer protected.
UNDEAD: Fallen damage has no effect on «The Leech Lich», but Holy damage deals +25 Damage when the enchantment procs.

Watching the group of Stygian Warriors meet their end to either the boss or the blade of her ally, Yuki found her opening to make sure this thing was stopped before it got too much stronger. She raised her lance to the ceiling of the cave and charged ahead of Night, making sure that she overtook the aggro on the beast before it could attack Night.

Kicking off the ground with the help of the Cardinal system, Yuki lunged through the air and dug her golden lance into the beast's chest(?). The Lich seemed less bothered about the attack, however, as sit grabbed Yuki with two of its appendages and sucked some light from the paladin's body. It was draining her HP with attacks as well? Good thing it couldn't do enough to heal itself a lot. The creature then dropped the paladin to the ground, who let out a loud "Kah-" As she plunked against the floor with her weapon.

image.png

Spoiler

[0, 3]The Leech Lich | HP: 308/350 (-9*6+24)+1 | ACC: 2 | DMG: 70 | MIT: 35 | LEECH: 2 | PROTECTED | UNDEAD | BLEED: 2/2 (24)

[1, 1, 1, 0] NIGHT | HP: 995/1045 | EN: 88/100 (-12) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 36 | LD: 3 | VAMP(OFF): 1 | BLEED: 24
[1, 1, 3, 0] Zajcica | HP: 860/860 -(1)+8 | EN: 60/80 (-6) | DMG: 7 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 99 | DoT: -25%-25% | THORNS: 56 | BH: 8

Spoiler

LEECH: «The Leech Lich» will consume up to two creatures per turn and will do so whenever it can. If it consumes the a creature, he restores +100 Health and gains +5 Mitigation, +50 Base Health, and +10 Damage. If it lands a hit on the player, «The Leech Lich» will heal a third of however much damage it dealt to the player. Every other turn  two more «Stygian Warriors» will spawn, but there will always be a maximum of four «Stygian Warriors» at any given time.
PROTECTED: «The Leech Lich» cannot be attacked until the other creatures are defeated or devoured by «The Leech Lich». After the original 4 die, «The Leech Lich» is no longer protected.
UNDEAD: Fallen damage has no effect on «The Leech Lich», but Holy damage deals +25 Damage when the enchantment procs.

The heck was that? A trick of the light? NIGHT advanced on the lich just as it had grabbed hold of her ally and drained her of some health -- there'd seemed to be a blur or a smudge in between the space of the two figures, before Yuki was shoved back into the dirt. Whilst the boss was fulfilled with its meal, its lull in combat gave the warrior time to leap into the air and tear its flesh asunder.

Success. At least, decently so. While the undead creature had managed to steal some life from its victim, so too was NIGHT capable of such a feat. Dracbane willed the familiar healing orbs to life just as it struck into the wilted figure of the ghast, and with a single thought, they returned to her to bump her health back to full. When she'd landed, NIGHT rose back up to loom over the fallen figure with a smirk, propping her boot up onto its form out of habit.

Not feeling so special now, huh?

@Zajcica

Spoiler

ID: 152273 | BD: 13 (9, +4)
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs The Leech Lich.
23 + 1 = 24 DMG | 24 * 13 = 312 DMG | 312 - 35 = 277 DMG
> Dracbane lends some life to its wielder. (+50 HP)

The Leech Lich | HP: 31/350 (-277) | ACC: 2 | DMG: 70 | MIT: 35 | LEECH: 2 | UNDEAD | BLEEDING (24) [1/2]

[2] NIGHT | HP: 1045/1045 (+50) | EN: 80/100 (+1, -9) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 36 | LD: 3 | VAMP(OFF): 1 | BLEED: 24
[3] Zajcica | HP: 860/860 | EN: 60/80 | DMG: 7 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 99 | DoT: -25%-25% | THORNS: 56 | BH: 8

PROTECTED: «The Leech Lich» cannot be attacked until the other creatures are defeated or devoured by «The Leech Lich». After the original 4 die, «The Leech Lich» is no longer protected.
UNDEAD: Fallen damage has no effect on «The Leech Lich», but Holy damage deals +25 Damage when the enchantment procs.

!!! Disclaimer: Discarding roll #152274. Reason: Duplicate roll.

Seeing it's HP low, the Lich called for reinforcements instantly. Wailing a shrill shriek from it's disgusting maw and summoning to more of the undead warriors. It was going to absorb them again Yuki wasn't liking that idea. A hum of her pink lance and another kick off her feet to gain some momentum, she slammed the lance into the ground, missing her target. The Lich retaliated, but couldn't seem to find it's target either.

With the liches new minions on the field, it wasted no time absorbing them and regaining a ton of it's health at once. Yuki's eyes widened. If it continued this, it might start getting a bit too strong for her to tank. Gritting her teeth, the paladin stood from her spot and observed the new health point bar. Nothing to worry about now. Night could probably finish it with her next attack easily, and if not, Yuki herself could do it.

image.png

Spoiler

The Leech Lich | HP: 217/450 (+200-24) | ACC: 2 | DMG: 70 | MIT: 35 | LEECH: 2 | UNDEAD | BLEEDING (24) [1/2]

[2] NIGHT | HP: 1045/1045 (+50) | EN: 80/100 (+1, -9) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 36 | LD: 3 | VAMP(OFF): 1 | BLEED: 24
[3] Zajcica | HP: 860/860 | EN: 58/80 | DMG: 7 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 99 | DoT: -25%-25% | THORNS: 56 | BH: 8

Lich Absorbs 2 Stygian Warriors and gets new stats
The Leech Lich | HP: 450 | ACC: 2 | DMG: 90 | MIT: 45 | LEECH: 4 | UNDEAD

Spoiler

New enemies? Oh [censored] that. And what was worse -- the damned Lich had managed to wriggle itself free under her shoe just when she'd found herself watching the commotion over by the Stygian's surface.

When NIGHT found that it had the gall to devour them whole and buff itself up once again, she'd snapped. Teeth clenched tight, she'd raced towards the undead creature's form and buried Dracbane into its abdomen with only a streak of light to accompany her. The cloth on the boss didn't even manage to stand a chance. It collectively exploded alongside its host's body, shimmering and rising upwards against the darkened cavern ceiling.

The woman let out an exasperated breath, finally registering the numbness and pain wedged in her mouth before sliding Dracbane back to its holder, her tongue running over her incisors in absolute annoyance. To hell with this place. For some reason it was downright awful and stuffy to be here, and the monsters never helped any.

An exhale to calm her jittery nerves, before she turned back over to Yuki. "I'm done. Let's get out of here."

@Zajcica

Spoiler

ID: 152290 | BD: 12 (8, +4)
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs The Leech Lich.
23 * 13 = 299 DMG | 299 - 45 = 254 DMG

The Leech Lich | HP: -37/450 (-254) | ACC: 2 | DMG: 90 | MIT: 45 |
 LEECH: 4 | UNDEAD

[3] NIGHT | HP: 1045/1045 | EN: 72/100 (+1, -9) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 36 | LD: 3 | VAMP(OFF): 1 | BLEED: 24
[4] Zajcica | HP: 860/860 | EN: 60/80 | DMG: 7 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 99 | DoT: -25%-25% | THORNS: 56 | BH: 8

Yuki followed up behind the knight, transferring the lance back to her space. Thank god that was over before it got of hand. There was a chance that the boss could have started to over power the two of them if they handed finished then and there.

Feeling the frustration coming off of Night, she hoped that the dark-haired girl was alright. Perhaps this floor bugged her the same way that floor 16 bugged her. Unfortunately, that's where the duo had to go next if they wanted to continue this quest line. At least there were no snakes involved in the next one. Turning to her friend with a big smile, she gave her a thumbs up. "No matter how many times I see it, your strength ceases to amaze me Night. I'm really glad that you have my back." The luck that she was able to meet Night was probably the greatest boon that she had received from this awful world.

NIGHT only managed a hum of acknowledgement as they trudged their way down the river. She'd set her gaze upon the lapping blues once again, somehow entranced by their glows as they illuminated the other ghastly figures on the other side of the shore. Aggravating. The last time she'd been here...

The player shook her head, turning her attention to her paladin friend. "Strength is just numbers," she'd finally found herself returning, trying to keep her eyes on the ground rather than the light that dug a pit in her stomach. "You'll catch up eventually, with your pace. Didn't your thorns cut a sharper bite earlier, too?" Maybe it'd been her misremembering, or the Stygian warriors had been a lot weaker than she'd understood. But Yuki's equipment once only managed to scar enemies by just a hair; today, it felt like their gauges shrunk a little backwards further from the punishment.

@Zajcica

Yuki smiled, glad that her friend had taken notice of her improved gear and tactics. Even if it had felt like she was lagging behind for level, it was nice to have her newest gear being recognized.

"I went to a shop recently that sells the potions that increase a player's thorns damage and have been using them to help deal more damage on every quest I go on. I recently took a player through Essence of Steel and was able to help them kill the boss. They were a pretty low level so I boosted them quite a bit with that quest. Only took me about three hits to kill it off, maybe four. These potions have been helping me a lot, I bought them in bulk." She would continue to use them til she was up to tier three too, after which she would replace them with the stronger versions and be doing even more damage.

"There're potions that do that, huh?" NIGHT wasn't aware of them, on the account that she'd barely looked over a merchant's default stock, nor kept track of what her alchemist-broker contact was ever up to. Visits to both of those personnel in her own life had always been a touch-and-go affair -- until recently, at least. The thought of her friend helping out a new player was rather intriguing however, and with a tilt of her head she decided to inquire more. "Who's the newbie? And hey, I haven't heard of that particular quest either; what, you gonna tag me out to that boss fight too?"

NIGHT snorted. If Yuki could take it down while protecting a starting adventurer, she bet she could do the same. But it was fun to jest about possibilities and hunting marks together. After all, the duo had been at that game for a good while by now.

@Zajcica

"Name's Freyd. Looked like a new DPS, but I wasn't too sure. He was level 1, easily and had basic starting gear. The Frost Beast's stats kind of suck so I outlasted it with thorns and my armor. No AoEs or special abilities or anything, but a good drop comes with it. Let's you raise an item's type all the way up to perfect if isn't already and lets you choose the enhancement on it. I'm willing to have more than just one of those on deck if you're willing to go do that boss some time, for sure." She laughed with Night for a moment, glad that the tension had been broken up a bit from her gloomy expression that she had earlier.

"The potions are named 'Immolation Potions' they raise your thorns damage based on what tier you buy them at. Unfortunately I cannot use the Tier 3 ones, since I'm not tier 3 yet, but it would be nice to have that extra damage."

"Freyd?"

That name... didn't ring a bell. Of course it didn't -- if Yuki's guess was right about them being a fresh face, it only made sense that NIGHT wouldn't know them. But with a sword missing from her inventory, she could only find herself wondering...

"Sounds like an alright guy. What's he using?" Admittedly, all the player had on her right now were a number of single-handed blades, fashioned to break a dent in their enemies' health bars through the use of DoTs. She'd wanted to save one of them for Basuke, knowing the possibility that the kid would've appreciated it, but it also acted as a gift of apology.

Because she'd shrugged him off during that one Easter event with her doppel. Whoops.

NIGHT hummed as she mulled over the immolation potions' usage. "They sound like they'd fit you," she commented, eyeing the crossroad's path down towards Tartarus as they'd passed it, a sour taste left in her tongue. "-- And the fact they don't scale seems like it'd be good to keep customers returning."

@Zajcica

"Yep, Freyd. He's a bit of an upstart, I'm not sure if we'll be seeing him up in our levels soon, but I'll reserve that judgement for later. I don't know him all that well. In fact, he was actually pretty surprised to see someone of my level on floor four. Weird in my opinion. Tons of higher leveled players find themselves on lower floors to clear up quests they missed. I guess he hadn't seen that many before. It's still weird to consider myself a high level player since I was literally level 10 just last month. He was using a vanity level 1 handed straight sword I think. Never told me what he planned to settle on." Turning the corner of the crossroads, the paladin continued to follow her companion through the tunnels, as she probably knew them better.

"Yeah, so I'll be seeing merchants for immolation potion purchases from now on. I'll likely try help non-maxed merchants get experience so I can bring them unidentified gear when they're at their bests. It's a win-win situation, you know?"

The two crossed over the water bridge to Yomi, the knight nodding as her paladin regaled the both of them with the tale of meeting the newbie. NIGHT nodded when Yuki had mentioned wanting to help starter merchants -- she too had shared the same idea once. "Though, I wouldn't exactly call us high-leveled players," the woman said, finally finding her voice to pitch in. Call it humbleness, inexperience or anxiety, but NIGHT still didn't feel as secure as Yuki did with regards to where she stood amongst other players. "I'd imagine that title would go to the active front liners myself."

Back in town under the tori gate, the ambient atmosphere quickly switched from cool hues back to warmer tones. The woman felt a sense of relief wash over her, as she hoped up the stairs, nearly gunning for the teleporter a few feet ahead.

NIGHT glanced over to her friend. "I'll bounce outta here first. Feel free to meet me up on the 16th whenever you're ready."

@Zajcica

"I think you could consider use both higher-leveled players comparatively. I mean, you're Tier three now and I'm not too far away from it. We may not be front liners but we're no pushovers or anything." The girl mentioned at Night's humbleness to accept such a claim. "If we keep up the speed we're at, we'll get to max level in no time."

Night went ahead of her, walking towards the teleporter to get to floor 16 as quickly as possible. Yuki herself wasn't as eager to find her way up to that floor, so she hesitantly lagged behind her friend. "I'll be right behind you." She mentioned slowly making her way up to the teleporter and sighing when she had to say these dreadful activation words another time. At least they wouldn't have to fight the Hebishinu this time around. Night wouldn't be cruel enough to make her fight it a fourth time... right?

Spoiler

Rewards: 

SP: 2 quest, 1 page; 1 event
Col: 2700 per player
Yamata no Orochi Statue