[F16-PP] <<SotW: Fighting Fish>> but Coda isn't invited

<<Scents of the Wild: Mōretsuna>>

It was upon reading Bistro's details of the next mark that a realization dawned on NIGHT -- she didn't know how to fish.

She might've, had she taken the opportunity to attempt that fourth beginner's quest. Unfortunately, with her troupe going missing one by one, the player realized she hadn't even found the time to head out on completing that mission with any of them. A handful of experience for starters fallen to the wayside along her own personal journey.

Bummer. But at least the help guide would give NIGHT something to read whilst waiting for her hard-headed friend.

This floor was where Hebishinu resided, so it had fallen onto the knight's persuasion that her paladin come for the hunt, with today's mark being a flounder than a snake. As NIGHT scanned the help text on Cardinal's systems guide, she idled around uncomfortably by the teleporter. No doubt any player who showed up would seem out of place in the 16th's settlement.

@Zajcica

Y8KUauY.png

NIGHT
  | HP: 1045/1045 | EN: 100/100
  | ACC: 4 | DMG: 23* | EVA: 2 |
MIT: 0**
  | LD: 9 | REC: 2 | TAUNT | PARAIMMUNE 
  | Stealth Detection: 3

* [Filling] used to provide +1 Protein.
** WARNING: Mitigation cannot fall below 0!
[Examine]

[Equipment]

• Basilisk's Bane
    -- [ Taunt I | +1 Hate generated. ]
    -- [ Recovery I | Regenerate 2 EN on natural CD rolls of 6+. ]
    -- [ Paralytic Immunity | Immune to Paralysis. ]
  • Silver Crescent Necklace
    -- [ Accuracy II | +2 ACC ]
    -- [ Evasion II | +2 EVA ]
  • Maneki-Neko Figurine
    -- [ Loot Die III | +3 LD. ]

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• [T2E1] [ref] Marche Funèbre (1) -- [ Lullaby I | Instant | -1 EVA to one enemy for one battle. ]
  • [T1E1] Damage Crystal (1) -- [ Damage I | +1 DMG. ]
  • [T1E2] Well-Done Steak (1) -- [ Protein II | +2 DMG, -30 MIT. ]
  • [T1E3] Ultra Lucky Hot Dog (1) -- [ Loot Die III | +3 LD. ]
  • [T1E1] Super Sight Fancy Asian Cheetos (1) -- [ Accuracy I | +1 ACC. ]

Skills

Skills

Mod Count: 4/5

1. Two-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Ferocity, Precision, Finesse
  2. Heavy Armor | Passive | RANK 3/5 
    > Athletics
  3. Searching | Passive | RANK 3/5

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Concentration | Active -- CD: 3
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3

Misc. Buffs

Spoiler
  • Dimensional Backpack, Item Stash
    | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots.
  • Well Rested
    | -1 EN for the first three expenditures of each combat. 
  • Col Stash
    | +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests. 
  • Relaxed
    | +(5 * Tier) HP per out-of-combat post. Full energy restoration occurs after two turns out of combat.
  • Squeaky Clean
    | -25% DoT damage taken from the first DoT applied to this player in a thread.
  • Filling
    | +1 T1 slot to a food consumed by this player in a thread. Can exceed Cook enhancement caps.

title ref

Back to this accursed floor. The existence of this swamp was like a natural bane to her existence. Stepping down off the portal, she got the feeling of unease hit her nearly instantly. Thank god they weren't going anywhere near the Hebi. The paladin shlopped through the mud next to her companion looking over at her.

"We're hunting a big stupid fish right? My father taught me how to fish when I was younger. So yes, I can cook, I can fish and I know how to ride just about any mountable creature. You're learning a lot about me aren't you." The girl tried to lighten the mood for herself. Just being on the same altitude as the Hebishinu snake boss made her entirely uneasy. Imagine what would happen if they were in the middle of this boss and the Hebi attacked them at the same time? Was Cardinal that cruel? She didn't really want to figure that out.

Spoiler

General
Level: 40 | HP:  860/860 | Energy: 80/80 Hate: 1/3/4(M/H/C)

Stats
DMG: 7 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 99 | ACC: 3 | DoT Restst: 25%+25%(1st proc) | Thorns: 36+20 | BH: 8 | Conc. CD: [0/3]

Skills
R3 OHAS, R5 Heavy Armor, R3 MIT Familiar, Fighting Spirit, R2 Block, Rank 1 BH, Concentration

Mods
Athletics; Stonewall

Housing Buffs
Rested; Filling; Tasty; Angler; Hardworking

Equipment(In use)
Charlemagne(Heavy Armor): HM I, Thorns II
La Black Luna(Trinket): ACC III
Trap of Argalia(OHAS): DMG I; BLD I

Equipment(Standby)
Revenant(Shield):
 Taunt I; Rec II
Braced Reproach(Shield): Taunt; Para II

Consumables
(2x)Starter Healing Potions(50HP)
(11x)Immolation Potion+1 < Using 1

"Only because you told me," NIGHT quipped back, her interface slowly closing into a pixel right in front of her. With an outstretched hand, she gestured the party in the direction of the mentioned lake. The duo wouldn't need to go about cutting out ferns just to reach their destination, thankfully -- one clear path's walk from the village, and they were there. A shack stood alone in the middle of the muddy hues; a fishing rod rental service, if only because not many players had kept such equipment on them at all times.

The exchange for the fishing rods was simple and cheap; nothing her friend would need to make up for in NIGHT's wallet. "If I mess this up," the dark woman joked, stepping up onto the boardwalk reaching out towards the water, "you'd better correct me."

One stretch of her arm backwards, before she tossed out her line, letting the bobber fly.

Spoiler

ID: 152243 | CD: 9 | Mōretsuna has been found!

Watching the bobber in the water and observing the condition of the rod as it was cast, she tried to remember everything that her dad had taught her mixed with what she had witnessed from Shield when she was more of a pipsqueak of a player. With those in her mind, sooner or later, Night would find the catch. "Wait!" She called out as her companion looked ready to tug it in. The bobber went back and forth going under then back up. She waited for the right time...

Suddenly it sank and the line began feeding into the lake. "Now! Now!" With a bit of struggle, Night would soon be able to pull the beast close enough to shore to fight. Yuki summoned her lance. "You're mine!" Leaping into the air, the paladin jumped on the back of the giant beast and dug her spear into it's back like she was spear fishing. Only difference being that this thing would surely not die from first contact. The paladin held on to her spear as the best struggled about to get her off.

image.png
image.png

[3]Yuki: 860/860 (100-99+8) | 74/80 (-6) | DMG: 7 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 99 | ACC: 3 | DoT: 25%+25% | Thorns: 56 | BH: 8 | Conc. CD: [0/3]
[0]NIGHT: HP: 1045/1045 | EN: 100/100 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 23* | EVA: 2 | LD: 9 | REC: 2 | TAUNT | PARAIMMUNE | Stealth Detection: 3

Moretsuna: 427/500 -(7*6-25+56) | DMG: 100 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1

"Wait!"

"Hmm?" NIGHT looked back at her companion with widened eyes, a little astonished her friend would already have called her out on her fishing stance. Did she misread something in the tool tips? It was likely, given her track record to skim over details sometimes. "What is it? I can reel it back up again if you--"

No sooner than NIGHT had started to speak did her bobber get tugged underneath the water's surface, a harsh pull dragging her forward and nearly off the edge of the boardwalk. With a yelp, she held the rod closer to her, quickly trying to reel her catch in as she stepped backwards, all of her (mis)read knowledge immediately flying out the window. And then in one magnificent leap...

Mōretsuna came leaping out of the lake and onto the surface, flopping on the wood with heavy, ungraceful thuds.

Safe to say, Yuki got the first hit in. And NIGHT shut her jaw when she saw her paladin rush into battle, drawing a standard greatsword from her back and following in suit.

@Zajcica

Spoiler

Using the following item: [T2E1] [ref] Marche Funèbre (1) -- [ Lullaby I | Instant | -1 EVA to one enemy for one battle. ]

ID: 152249 | BD: 12 (8, +4)
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs Mōretsuna.
23 * 13 = 299 DMG | 299 - 25 = 274 DMG

Mōretsuna | HP: 153/550 (-274) | ACC: 2 | DMG: 100 | EVA: 0 (1, -1) | MIT: 25 | PARALYZE | CD10+: DROWN | MD1: STRUGGLE

[2] NIGHT | HP: 1045/1045 | EN: 91/100 (-9) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | LD:9 | REC: 2 | TAUNT | PARAIMMUNE
[3] Zajcica | HP: 860/860 | EN: 74/80 | DMG: 6 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 99 | DoT: -25%-25% | THORNS: 56 | BH: 8

DROWN: «Mōretsuna» will drag down the player instead of attack, unless they roll a 10+ on the LD their turn. If the player fails, they will be brought into the water, where they will take 50 unmitigatable damage every turn until they return to the dock or boat, which takes a turn to do.
STRUGGLE: The creature will flail and hit each player for 50 unmitigable damage, but also deal 50 unmitigatable damage to himself.

As the Morestuna stood to its stubby little feet, Yuki stayed attached to it with her weapon. It struggled around like crazy to get the girl off it's back but the paladin was difficult to shake off. It only succeeded in hurting itself more on her thorns and making her dizzy. "Ugh, stop! Hold still you crazy freakin' beast!"

Night's definite strike melted more than half it's health points instantly. The next attack would send it back to the Cardinal for sure. Drawing her lance out of the fishes body and landing unceremoniously on her stomach, Yuki rose as quickly as possible, making sure the fish wouldn't grab her and drag her under the water. It would do so if it got the chance and she wasn't ready to get eaten by another freaking animal. Night would kill it before it got another chance to attack her probably. That would put her doubts to rest at least.

image.png

Spoiler

Mōretsuna | HP: 97/550 (-56) | ACC: 2 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 25 | PARALYZE | CD10+: DROWN | MD1: STRUGGLE

[2] NIGHT | HP: 1045/1045 | EN: 91/100 (-9) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | LD:9 | REC: 2 | TAUNT | PARAIMMUNE
[4] Zajcica | HP: 860/860 -(1)+8 | EN: 74/80 | DMG: 6 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 99 | DoT: -25%-25% | THORNS: 56 | BH: 8

DROWN: «Mōretsuna» will drag down the player instead of attack, unless they roll a 10+ on the LD their turn. If the player fails, they will be brought into the water, where they will take 50 unmitigatable damage every turn until they return to the dock or boat, which takes a turn to do.
STRUGGLE: The creature will flail and hit each player for 50 unmitigable damage, but also deal 50 unmitigatable damage to himself.

Wait, wait wait. Hold up for a second.

Mōretsuna... had feet?

If the surprise of her catch wasn't already enough to throw off her day... then that feet revelation was. NIGHT pulled a grimace as she watched the sea mongrel attempt to shake off her friend from its girth. With a sweeping slash of her sword, she'd slain the fish where it stood -- er, struggled. Bobbed? Whatever. That horrid monstrosity was dead. That was enough for her.

The woman sighed, as her friend fell upon the solid surface of the dock. She'd sheathe her sword in a flourish, before approaching her tank with a horrid look. "Tell me you saw that. That it had stubs or something on its tail end." NIGHT shivered as she recalled the sight, before shaking the thought away. "N-nevermind. I don't think... I want to know."

Their hunt slain, that left the rest of the duo's day to decide on what to do. "Anything you're up for, Yuki?" Hebishinu, perhaps? The taunt nearly slid out of her in jest, but she knew she'd dragged her companion around far enough by now, and managed to keep her trap shut about it.

@Zajcica

Spoiler

ID: 152258 | BD: 7 (3, +4)
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs Mōretsuna.
23 * 13 = 299 DMG | 299 - 25 = 274 DMG

Mōretsuna | HP: -177/550 (-274) | ACC: 2 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 25
| PARALYZE | CD10+: DROWN | MD1: STRUGGLE

[4] NIGHT | HP: 1045/1045 | EN: 83/100 (+1, -9) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | LD:9 | REC: 2 | TAUNT | PARAIMMUNE
[4] Zajcica | HP: 860/860 | EN: 72/80 | DMG: 6 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 99 | DoT: -25%-25% | THORNS: 56 | BH: 8

DROWN: «Mōretsuna» will drag down the player instead of attack, unless they roll a 10+ on the LD their turn. If the player fails, they will be brought into the water, where they will take 50 unmitigatable damage every turn until they return to the dock or boat, which takes a turn to do.
STRUGGLE: The creature will flail and hit each player for 50 unmitigable damage, but also deal 50 unmitigatable damage to himself.

!!! Disclaimer: Discarding roll #152259. Reason: Duplicate roll.

Getting up to her feet just in time to see the demise of the fish. Yuki let out a sigh and returned her weapon to it's hammerspace where it belonged. That had gone by much more quickly than she assumed it would. She expected the fish to be harder than the Lich was since it was on a higher floor, but even the lich had some mechanics that made him a bit tricky to deal with. They would need to head back to the teleporter now to get the next subsidiary quest done.

"Let's make our way back and do the next quest. Best to get them all done as soon as possible, right?" The paladin said with a shrug, leading the way back to the main settlement. On their way back, things would get a little more exciting than she expected, however. A group of Lamia wailed from off the trail, converging on the duo quickly. Yuki's heart stopped when she saw the serpentine bodies. "Nai! Stay away!" Drawing her sword and reactively activating a sword art the paladin took a slash at all of them at once. Only missing one of them even with the completely misguided attack, Yuki tried to back off but was surrounded too quickly to react, getting raked by claws from every angle. "G-Get off me!"

image.png

[0, 0, 0, 0] NIGHT | HP: 1045/1045 | EN: 83/100 (+1, -9) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | LD:9 | REC: 2 | TAUNT | PARAIMMUNE
[3, 1, 3, 3] Zajcica | HP: 648/860 -(150-99)*4+8 | EN: 60/80 (-6+6) | DMG: 6 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 99 | DoT: -25%-25% | THORNS: 56 | BH: 8

Lamia 1: 452/550 -(7*6+56) | DMG: 150 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -3
Lamia 2: 494/550 -(56) | DMG: 150 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -3
Lamia 3: 452/550 -(7*6+56) | DMG: 150 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -3
Lamia 4: 508/550 -(7*6) | DMG: 150 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -3

A pack of Lamia? Easy prey. Though, she'd nearly started laughing when she realized Yuki's terror was coming into view -- these were a group of half-serpents, for Cardinal's sake. Even they freaked her out? NIGHT tried to hold in her amusement, forming a smirk, before lunging forth to tackle the creatures into submission. It was the least the warrior could do for her snake-phobic friend.

With a standard greatsword, her fight wouldn't have any flavour to it. NIGHT was in for a standard brawl session, and that was more than dandy by her. She let Calamity Disaster pull most of the work for her with a swing, then two and three, the ripples of light cutting through the air slamming hard against her graceful mythological opponents. A shame that she hadn't managed to catch all her targets in the act, however. One of them was still standing strong and tall.

@Zajcica

Spoiler

ID: 152272 | BD: 15 (8, +4 +3)
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Lamia #1.
23 * 12 = 276 DMG

ID: 152271 | BD: 8 (1, +4 +3)
NIGHT missed!

ID: 152270 | BD: 10 (3, +4 +3)
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Lamia #3.
23 * 12 = 276 DMG

ID: 152269 | BD: 13 (6, +4 +3) | CD: 9
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Lamia #4.
23 * 12 = 276 DMG

> Recovery was activated. (+2 EN)

Lamia #1 | HP: 176/550 (-276) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 150 | EVA: -3
Lamia #2 | HP: 494/550 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 150 | EVA: -3
Lamia #3 | HP: 176/550 (-276) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 150 | EVA: -3
Lamia #4 | HP: 232/550 (-276) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 150 | EVA: -3

[2, 0, 2, 2] NIGHT | HP: 1045/1045 | EN: 72/100 (+1, -14+2) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | LD: 9 | REC: 2 | TAUNT | PARAIMMUNE
[3, 1, 3, 3] Zajcica | HP: 648/860 | EN: 60/76 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 6 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 99 | DoT: -25%-25% | THORNS: 56 | BH: 8

Working her way through this stupid fear, she soon realized that these enemies didn't have any paralysis or else she would have been on the ground from the last attack, and it wasn't likely that she would be eaten by one of them.... right? Shaking that awful thought off, the paladin's face got more stern and focused. her lance lit up it's beautiful pink color once more and slashed through each one of her targets easily. Even able to inflict bleed, a smirk ran across her face.

The Lamia were still up and ready to fight even with their HP already drained a bit. Each one took their turns raking their claws against her armor and paying the price for it. Somehow, even two of them missed their attacks. The paladin sighed in relief. "Th-These things aren't as scary. They're just annoying." A glance over to Night, the paladin nodded at her to finish them off. Hopefully they were loot valid mobs for her.

image.png

Lamia #1 | HP: 78/550 (-7*6+56) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 150 | EVA: -3
Lamia #2 | HP: 396/550 (-7*6+56) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 150 | EVA: -3
Lamia #3 | HP: 134/550 (-7*6) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 150 | EVA: -3
Lamia #4 | HP: 160/550 (-8*6+24) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 150 | EVA: -3 | BLEED: [1/2] (24)

[2, 0, 2, 2] NIGHT | HP: 1045/1045 | EN: 70/100 (+1, -14) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | LD: 9 | REC: 2 | TAUNT | PARAIMMUNE
[6, 4, 6, 7] Zajcica | HP:
554/860 -(150-99)*2+8 | EN: 60/76 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 6 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 99 | DoT: -25%-25% | THORNS: 56 | BH: 8

Annoying indeed. NIGHT grunted her affirmation before plunging herself back into the fray. In three quick dashes past the already stricken targets, she'd sent them back to their maker, leaving only one standing on the battlefield. The woman cut through the mass of fading data crystals with her blade, keeping a careful watch on the snake's movements as it dove right for Yuki once again. This time, it'd end up with a punishing cut for its crimes of existence.

In a swift motion, the lamia reached out towards her paladin friend, and NIGHT sprinted forward to tear her blade through its stretched limb, shattering the part in half at its elbow. As the monster reeled back in surprise, the woman kicked the creature aside, pushing it back to give her ally some much needed space. A tick upwards on her energy stole her attention away from battle -- that was new, the player thought, forgetting she'd put on a garment that had the recovery enhancement on it.

The battle continued as she stalled for the moment.

@Zajcica

Spoiler

ID: 152286 | BD: 16 (9, +4 +3)
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Lamia #1.
23 + 1 = 24 DMG | 24 * 12 = 288 DMG

ID: 152285 | BD: 13 (6, +4 +3)
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Lamia #2.
23 * 12 = 276 DMG

ID: 152284 | BD: 10 (3, +4 +3)
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Lamia #3.
23 * 12 = 276 DMG

ID: 152283 | BD: 10 (3, +4 +3) | CD: 6
<<Calamity Disaster>> vs Lamia #4.
23 * 12 = 276 DMG
> Recovery was activated. (+2 EN)

Lamia #1 | HP: -210/550 (-288) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 150 | EVA: -3
Lamia #2 | HP: 120/550 (-276) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 150 | EVA: -3
Lamia #3 | HP: -142/550 (-276) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 150 | EVA: -3
Lamia #4 | HP: -116/550 (-276) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 150 | EVA: -3

[5, 2, 4, 4] NIGHT | HP: 1045/1045 | EN: 58/100 (+1, -17+2) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | LD: 9 | REC: 2 | TAUNT | PARAIMMUNE
[6, 4, 6, 7] Zajcica | HP: 554/860 | EN: 46/76 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 6 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 99 | DoT: -25%-25% | THORNS: 56 | BH: 8

Loot:
ID: 152286 | LD: 22 (13 + 9) | CD: 1
1,733col, Tier 2 Materials (4), [T2E3] Unidentified Perfect Armor (1), [T2E3] Unidentified Perfect Weapon (1)

ID: 152284 | LD: 29 (20 + 9) | CD: 5
6,930col, Tier 2 Materials (2), [T2E3] Unidentified Perfect Weapon (3)

ID: 152283 | LD: 29 (20 + 9) | CD: 6
8,085col, [T2E3] Unidentified Perfect Weapon (3)

A welcome reprieve washed over Yuki as the heat from the attacks was thinned out. Three of them down and out and the remaining one of them grounded from the knights boot, the paladin took her moment to breathe. These things may have momentarily triggered her fear, but at least she had Night here to help her fight. A happy smile went across her face when the mobs did drop loot. She wondered if night would be willing to let her have the gear, but she would have to ask her once they finished off this remaining serpent.

Launching off her feet again, the paladin dug her massive lance into the mob's chest before it had the time to stand up. It clawed back at her instantly, leaving it with barely any remaining health points, Yuki kept her spear embedding the poor serpent to the ground. Probably best for Night to get the killing blow anyways, since she had the better luck with these loot drops.

image.png

Spoiler

Lamia #1 | HP: -210/550 (-288) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 150 | EVA: -3
Lamia #2 | HP: 22/550 -(7*6+56) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 150 | EVA: -3
Lamia #3 | HP: -142/550 (-276) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 150 | EVA: -3
Lamia #4 | HP: -116/550 (-276) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 150 | EVA: -3

[5, 2, 4, 4] NIGHT | HP: 1045/1045 | EN: 56/100 (+1, -17+2) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | LD: 9 | REC: 2 | TAUNT | PARAIMMUNE
[6, 7, 6, 7] Zajcica | HP: 513/860 (150-99)+8 | EN: 46/76 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 6 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 99 | DoT: -25%-25% | THORNS: 56 | BH: 8

Nothing much had changed while she was away. Okay, good.

NIGHT treaded over towards Yuki, glancing down at the last remaining lamia of the ambushing pack. She'd almost felt sorry for it, having to be put down with a simple art such as this, but she knew its information would be better used elsewhere, for both Cardinal's sakes and their own.

A quick cleave down the serpent's torso, and it scattered its data into a handful of fragments across the floor and into the air. And for their trouble...

"... I want the consumable," NIGHT announced with a fixated gaze to the item, stashing it away in her inventory. With a handful of taps, she'd closed her menus, the boxes shrinking as she'd cached away her sword to her back. "And maybe the handful of col, too. Did you want the rest of the loot, Yuki? It's not like I've got a need for it any more."

@Zajcica

Spoiler

ID: 152291 | BD: 17 (10, +4 +3)
<<Embracer>> vs Lamia #2.
23 + 2 = 25 DMG

Lamia #2 | HP: -3/550 (-25) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 150 | EVA: -3

[4] NIGHT | HP: 1045/1045 | EN: 56/100 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | LD: 9 | REC: 2 | TAUNT | PARAIMMUNE
[7] Zajcica | HP: 554/860 | EN: 46/76 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 6 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 99 | DoT: -25%-25% | THORNS: 56 | BH: 8

Loot:
ID: 152291 | LD: 20 (11 + 9) | CD: 4
2,888col, Tier 2 Materials (2), [T2E3] Unidentified Perfect Consumable (1), [T2E2] Unidentified Rare Trinket (1)

Yuki stretched her arms loose and picked her lance back up, returning it back to its usual place in her database. Night had indeed gotten some useful item drops from the Lamia it seemed and some Col as well.

"Our usual loot terms. You get the consumables and materials, I get the equipment and such. All the weapons and armor are more useful to me at this point than they are to you. Maybe I can find some nice items in their to replace this armor, even though I just got it not too long ago. Heavy Momentum isn't so helpful for someone that uses area of effect attacks so it's not really the best enhancement for me." She said opening up her trade menu with Night, hoping that there was a good bounty of items for her to take. Armor with auras or weapons with DoTs would be preferable, but first she'd need to get them identified obviously. "As for Col, you can keep the most of it. I'm not worried about it. Just need enough to identify the items."

"Sounds like a done deal to me." A quick trade, and NIGHT passed the collected equipment over, along with a handful of col. She tilted her head as she posed her next question. "Col and a CD consumable? I'm assuming this is the same merchant we're talking about here." Then she raised a brow, expression shifting into a scowl as she'd finally connected the dots together.

"Is it Shield? I didn't check his rates the last time I'd been up at his shop..." It had also been where she'd picked up Basilisk's Bane from, but that fact might've been irrelevant to Yuki. "What's up with the incredible amount of effort for each identification, though?" With a wave, she beckoned her friend to follow along by her side, resuming their stroll back towards town.

"Don't tell me you can't find one better, or that you're obligated to just because they're a front liner or something. Isn't their shop in the middle of nowhere, too...? Yuki, if you need a recommendation, just let me know."

@Zajcica

Yuki shook her head to Night's assumptions, accepting the trade when it was finished and walking along side her friend with a smile. "None of that. Shield is just a good friend and I don't mind paying his rates. He was one of the only merchants that I knew about until that tiny fox mask girl set up a shop just down the road from mine. If you have a friend that needs business, I will gladly pay their rates as well. The Col is insignificant to me. I already have an amazing house and no need for much more than a couple consumables."

Now that she had been weakened, Night could see that Yuki was much more on her guard on the way back to town. Her eyes scanned around every tree to avoid another ambush on their hands. It could be dangerous for them to get attacked again when Yuki was sitting just above half her maximum HP.

Two merchants? No-- no, wait. NIGHT knew just as many aside from Shield, and she was more likely to try and forget her neighbor just out of sheer concern and embarrassment. The woman hummed, wondering if it was a good opportunity to splurge on her secrets; then again, it was a tidbit that was much more beneficial with regards to the merchant, rather than the warrior herself.

"I guess it's more like they'd need the experience more than anything," NIGHT reflected, hands burrowing into her tracksuit pockets. "Her name's Andromeda, and she runs a store down on the first floor. Pandora's Wares. It's super convenient." For a moment she'd hoped that her friend wouldn't ask about the merchant already living right beside her, before she continued to speak. "Capable too, though I guess I'm at fault for finding that out... I used to saddle her with a lot of equipment myself..."

@Zajcica

Yuki smiled and looked at the gear now residing in her inventory that was ready to be identified. Why not go ahead and take them to her so the items don't get lost in her inventory. She wasn't that worried about second tier gear, but wasn't willing to see them junked without a chance to get a nice enhancement.

"Why don't you take me down to her right now then? You know the way and we can go have her identify these before heading to the next boss. Maybe I'll get a unique to use until I finish up the last few levels of Tier two and she'll get some good business and experience from identifying them. I try to make it a mission to visit many stores and not just rely solely on one store per profession, that way everyone gets business." The paladin said as the town started to come into view from the line of trees.

NIGHT whistled at Yuki's shopping habits. She could understand the sentiment entirely -- though, her unwavering loyalty with regards to patronage put her on the opposite end of the spectrum. Still, she could admire her friend's insistence on hopping between stores. "Easy enough," she replied, as they'd crossed over into the settlement's safe zone. "I'll wait for you outside, then."

Onto the teleporter and a flash of light later, the duo were right back out in the Town of Beginnings proper. It was darker out than NIGHT had expected, and with quick steps she lead them through the different districts of the city, careful not to lose track of her aide. The route was complex, though it was due to the woman's insistence on taking shortcuts from the teleporter; in just a handful of minutes, the two were at Pandora's Wares storefront.

And somehow, for the first time, NIGHT had managed to catch sight of the panel on the front door.

... oh so that's what andromeda meant--

She was going to need to make up for yet another stroke of inconvenience... again.

@Zajcica

Teleporting down to the beginner's city - man it had be some time since she was down on this floor, but it was nice to see it again - she reunited with Night and made her way through the dark twists and turn that were the back streets of the Town of Beginnings. It wouldn't be long before the duo was outside the door to the shop known simply as Andromeda's Wares. She admired the simplicity of the name, since her shop was similiarly named "Yuki's Grill".

As she was about to step in, she saw the sign on the door. 8pm to 11pm, Wow those were some prime time hours for buying and selling. The paladin quickly glanced at the clock to make sure the time was right. 8:36pm, so she had just opened no too long ago. "Welp, let's get this done then."

Spoiler

Rewards: 

SP: 2 for Quest; 1 for Page; 1 for Bonus
Col total: 26,036 NIGHT: 13,822 Yuki: 12,214
Moretsuna Statue

Yuki
[T2E3]Uni Perfect Weapon (7) | [152286B] | [152284A][152284B][152284C] | [152283A][152283B][152283C]
[T2E3]Uni Perfect Armor (1) | [152286A]
[T2E2]Uni Rare Trinket (1) | [152291B]

NIGHT
[T2E3] Uni Perfect Consumeable(1) | [152291A]
Tier 2 Material (8) | [1] [2]