[PP-F4] Remembering Their Vows (Calrex & Teayre)

Teayre's Stats for Thread: Level: 57 / HP: 1155 / EN:114 / DMG: 7 (8 if Rank 5) / MIT: 12 / +3(5) LD

Crunching could be heard underneath her feet as Teayre shivered for a moment, looking up at the glacial peaks of the mountain near here she sighs. Opening her menu, she taps a few times before bringing up her friends list. She clicks on her husband’s name, ‘Calrex’. As the next window pops up the feisty red head stops for a moment moving her hand slowly before swallowing, she press a button another window coming she types a brief message out before stopping this time sitting down on a log nearby. Closing her eyes and shaking her head she cusses briefly before hitting send. The next thing she did was quickly open her husband’s menu options again and send him an invite.

“I don’t know why I couldn’t move from that shop…” She presses her hands to her ears, elbows on her knees as she begins to shiver slightly, her chest raising up and down in rapid succession. Luminescent gems shattered on the ground between her feet, Teayre’s hands grasped her hair tightly as she threw her head back an ear-splitting scream echoing out of her mouth. Taking a few deep breaths after this the red head swipes her menu open and after a few taps her usual weapons and armour are replaced by a basic set. The black cloth gently resting on her shoulders covering her the knee length skirt and stockings wrapping around her legs.

Falling onto her knees she grasps at the snow on the floor, scrambling around for something to hold tightly. “Cal. Cal. Cal. Cal.” Teayre was muttering over and over again. “What have I done…” Slowly she sat back up onto her knees in seiza, frozen beads of ice began to form on her cheeks as branches and twigs snapped around her. Her hands loose by her sides, a sword several metres away she stares directly in front of her.

@Calrex

Spoiler

<Message to Calrex>
Floor 4. By Glacial Cove. I’m Sorry. Teayrie.

Edited by Teayre

The sound of snow crunching below heavy weight rung out of Snowfrost Town, accompanied by creaking and scraping metal as a dark blue silhouette rushed past the guards at the settlement's edge. Labored breathing escaped from the full helm as the featureless headwear only showed a single pair of light blue slits, indicative of eyes. The armored player rushed through the fields, ignoring his surroundings as lower level mobs seemed to actively get out of their way, oriented in a specific direction. In front of the player was the light blue light emanating from his mini-map, which was tracing a location, "Glaciel Cove...I can't be far now..."

Incoming Message
Player: Teayre

Floor 4. By Glacial Cove. I’m Sorry. Teayrie.

"After staying in the boutique for so long...this is the first thing?"

Thoughts of confusion and concern ran through his mind with each step he took. It had been so long since Calrex had seen his wife leave the Amethyst Boutique, her artisan shop, ever since Battojutsu faded from her skills. Before then, she was working with Baldur, training to move past the things that had happened prior, to move away from the terrible things she had experienced, and placed upon others. Part of him had assumed the worst from the message, while other parts were on alert, as if suspecting she had been kidnapped. It was why he had donned the Grand Chariot III while leaving the fourth floor settlement, and why Roc was already deep into the snow storm, ready to lend the Ultramarine Knight his sharp eyes in case of conflict.

However, as he got further towards the location, as the silhouette of the familiar redhead came into view, his mind began to focus. He took a calm breath, letting his thoughts flow while remaining centered, "Focus on the Fudoshin mindset. I have to make sure she's safe...This may also be a trap for a potential ambush."

His fingers flying across his menu for a moment his armor was replaced by his casual combat attire, the fur-lined blue jacket, white shirt, gray slacks, and brown boots clothing he had worn outside of combat for so long. A swipe of his right arm produced a series of faint lights that formed back together in an instant, the massive two-handed sword-like battleaxe, Grand Legionbane, appearing as he covered the rest of the distance, "Tea!"

Sliding to a stop in front of her Calrex placed his weapon to the side, kneeling down on one leg while gently placing a hand on her shoulder, leaning forward so that he could see her face, "I got your message. Are you alright? What's going on?"

@Teayre

White turned to blue in front of the red head’s eyes and that was all she could see, a blue light. The girl’s ears twitched slightly and then again and again. Teayre swallowed again and her loose hands slowly clenched tightly into a ball. Inhaling deeply she shudders and remains still for a moment before a quick exhale. Blinking rapidly she leans her face down her eyes remaining open. “Liss…” She mutters quietly, “Oink…” name after name fell from her lips as she muttered them one by one both people she knew in the real world and people she had met in Aincrad. Then finally one name was said as the girl began to fall forwards “Callie-kun why is the snow red around you?” Her hands open, eyes flickering shut, hair freezing to her face. A warmth at her shoulder her breaks her fall, a breath of warm air quickly frozen washed across her face. “The snow is red.” She says quietly before her eyes shut and Teayre slumps. Her breathing consistent the occasional flutter from a deeper inhale, hands limp in the snow, shuddering occasionally.

@Calrex

A feeling of panic came over him as he watched the redhead fall forward, feeling her virtual weight on him fall in an unstable manner. It was easy to tell that she had lost the passive level of control over her body as Teayre fell limp. While Calrex couldn't really deduce the strange skewed vision that she had muttered about while collapsing, the bluenette could suspect that she had overly exerted herself traveling so far from the thirteenth floor. Being an orange player, one of the things denied to his wife was the ability to access the teleportation plazas, meaning that the only means available was the staircases connecting the floors which originated from the defeated raid boss rooms.

"Nine whole floors of travel after staying in the shop for so long...that's like running a marathon after staying at home for months without regular exercise...the fact that SAO is replicating that level of exhaustion, unless this is induced maybe by our subconscious? Either way I've got to get Teayre somewhere where she can rest"

"Geeze don't the both of us have the Survival skill as well? How is the cold affecting her?"

Giving a quick tug on both sleeves of his jacket loosened it enough for the Ultramarine Knight to shrug it off, draping it over his wife's shoulders before swiping on his menu with his free hand, moving the Grand Legionbane back into his inventory. Noticing the sword nearby, Calrex lifted the Amaranth Rose with an arm over his shoulder briefly so that he could retrieve the blade, also returning it to the inventory before shifting to pick the redhead up fully in his arms, giving a small sigh before scanning the area, "There's no good places that both of us can go to at the moment outside of Glacial Cove...and that spot is teeming with monsters. Tch...if that's the only spot we've got I just hope that staying just inside out of the snowstorm will be enough..."

Orienting himself in the direction of the special location he steadied his senses, "Definitely not in the best position right now, so I need to stay on alert, at least until Tea's had the time to recover. It's a good thing this isn't affecting her game HP, but being unable to control your avatar properly is just as bad."

@Teayre

• 2 weeks later...

The snow began to pick up, solidifying, hardening. Teayre being raising her arms before they fell two moments after they were moved. “Cal…” She murmurs, “I’m sorry…” The hail was dropping faster, sharper.  “Leave me…”  A loud crack resounded around them. “Move on and grow.” The red head shifted turning left and right in the Ultramarine Knight’s grip as best she could. “You’ve conquered the game so much without me. You don’t need me holding you back.” She whispers into Calrex’s ear.

Slowly Teayre begins flexing her hands, her entire body still shivering and weather obscuring the vision to the handful of trees nearby. “Leave me.” She repeats after several moments of silence. Trying to turn and squirm her way out still. Flicking her finger down behind Calrex’s back she pulls up her menu and taps through it before selecting their inventory and click on a few items before they materialize in front of her. “Save yourself. I… I…” Her words failing as she leans her head down her face going red.

@Calrex (Sorry!)

As he felt the weak resistance being put forth by the young woman in his arms the bluenette gave a small smile, quietly responding with a light toss to bounce and adjust her while he continued walking, being careful to cushion the small fall by bending his knees. He wasn't sure exactly how much further it was to the Glacial Cove entrance, but he could rest a bit easier knowing that the redhead was still somewhat coherent, "Usually in real life the real time to worry was when the person stops talking, since that could mean that they fell unconscious."

He gave a calming breath, his expression lightening to his normal demeanor as he looked down towards Teayre's face, "The cold really must be getting to you. Telling me to leave you behind to continue moving forward would be like asking a car to go uphill without its engine."

Feeling the storm pick up as the wind blew from the side, Calrex turned his body so that his back was shielding her from the incoming chill, "Yeup, Survival is definitely coming in handy on this one..."

"Haven't I told you before? You're the reason why I started adventuring and training as hard as I did, and why I still keep pushing forward now. If anything, you're the one helping me forward. Now, let's keep you focused on staying warm while we get out of this blizzard, alright?"

@Teayre