[PP-F1] Parkour 101 <<Nature's Treasure>>

[Lv. 10; HP 200; EN 20; R2 Dagger; 6 DMG; Hidden Blade {3 DMG}; Assassin's Armor {3 EVA}; Strange Sigil {3 ACC}, Inspection Lense {3 LD}; x1 TP Crystal; x1 T1 HP Potion {+40 HP}]
[Buffs: +1 Overhealth Boost {+50 Total Health = 250 HP} -1 Overhealth Boost]

Today, Akio was going to go out and get more materials. But he wasn't just gonna be doing that, no siree. He was also going to attempt to take on some monsters who were his level! He wanted to try and get some materials from them, but also some col, and maybe even some of their drops as well! He wondered what kind of gear they'd drop. He went ahead and consumed the overhealth potion he'd been carrying since forever, since he'd be fighting monsters for real. He really didn't want to take unnecessary risks. Though given the area he was going to, he didn't think it would be too dangerous. After drinking the potion he went ahead and finished his loaf of bread before standing up and dusting himself off. Today he had decided to take on a quest called Nature's Treasure. It was a quest that increased your chances to gain materials from all resources. Searching for materials, taking them off of monsters, even.. Fishing for them, which he still couldn't believe was a legitimate skill. At any rate, using this quest would definitely help him get the materials he needed! It would even make up for the lack of a gatherer skill. He still didn't think he'd be getting that skill anytime soon. He checked his gear and made sure he was fine before he nodded and walked out to get moving. "HEY YOU!! GET BACK HERE!!" Akio turned to see a guard running over him, others beginning to follow suit. Akio just grinned under his hood and bolted for an alleyway.

Akio needed to get to the roof, that's how he'd been evading these guards as of late. He'd been thinking about what Kaya had told him about how she just pushed to run and she ran fast. She was right. Even without the acrobatics mod, if he focused on just what he was doing, he could still do parkour. Likely the mod would make it easier, and it would certainly remove the fall damage penalty if he rolled, but right now the fall damage was still a factor. At any rate, Akio saw that one wall had a window sill big enough to grasp, but it was too high. Not a problem he thought, as he ran up the wall opposite to the window by three steps, pushing off with the third step towards the other wall, launching himself high enough to grab the window sill. From there he pulled himself up and found more places to climb with until he reached the roof. He didn't stop either as he quickly ran in the direction of the town gate. When he reached the edge of the roof he leaped to the other building, making sure to keep his legs tucked in to reduce drag and ensure he reached the other building. When he landed he rolled, ignoring the damage he recei- oh wait. Immortal object, right. He reached a street and just grinned as he ran across a wooden beam, and jumped from it to the wooden beam against the opposite building from him.

He continued to maneuver over the guards until he got near the gate. He saw the guards blocking his way, which was ironic since they wanted him out. He wasn't concerned however. There were wooden beams below the arc of the gate. Akio reached the last building and lunged for those wooden beams. He grasped the first one and swung himself to the next. He grabbed that, keeping his hands in the shape of a hook to keep his momentum going as he swung from beam to beam. When he reached the last one, he swung off and rolled on the ground, receiving the appropriate fall damage, but standing up proud and with a smirk. "Better luck next time!" He said before running off laughing towards his destination.

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 10]
[DMG:_06//EVA:_03]

HP:  [                    ] (250/250)
EN:  [

] (20/20)
XP:  [
                    ] (0/3)

@Assassin

Ultra light speed through the town of beginnings again today. She really did have nothing better to do. Since she was aware that she needed to finish the beginner's quest-line before she made it past level fourteen, she didn't have much to do other than those quest. There was really no way to pre-occupy herself than to just zoom through the streets of towns and continue to push her speed to the limits.

Turning a corner sharply, she noticed a pair of guards yelling at something above them. She halted as quickly as she could, trying not to run into them. "Get down from there you stupid kid!" One of them yelled. Upon looking up, the Assassin could see an orange cursor, and a familiar silhouette of a player she had met recently. "Akio!" She called out to him, but her words seemed to have fallen on deaf ears. He jumped across some beams and out of the safe zone. The guards refused to follow him out of there. A burst of speed forward caused the armored patrolmen to fall to the ground. Assassin zoomed forward to catch up with her friend. As much as he could keep up with her speed, there was no way he could escape her.

She reached out and tackled him to the ground. The two of them rolled for some time before stopping, dust from the ground kicked up around them and Akio couldn't really see what who had wrestled him down until the dust cleared and the Assassin stood to full height. "Hey! When I call you're name I expect you to answer!!" A pout formed on her face as she placed her hands to her hips. "Have you made any cool potions yet since I last saw you?"

@Iron_Lion

Spoiler

General
Level: 14 | HP:  280/280 | Energy: 28/28

Stats
DMG: 8+1 EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 18

Skills
Dagger Rank IV

Equipment(In use)
Dark Cloak(LA): MIT II; EVA I
Kami Sori: DMG: III
Fastening Belts(Tri): ACC II; EVA I

Equipment(Standby)
Antique Dagger(Tri): LD 3
Ryuketsu no(Dagger): BLD II; PARA I

Consumables
(5x)Starting Healing Potion[50 HP]
Uncommon Damage Potion - DMG 1 < Using

Once he was far away enough from the town he started to slow down some and catch his breath. "Hah! It gets easier every time! She was right, all you have to do is-" Before he even knew it he was tackled from behind. Due to the hill, he ended up rolling with whoever had tackled him. Not able to see who it was due to the cloud of dust, he fought for dominance, trying to at least be the one on top so that he could get away from them as quickly as possible. However that didn't last long as they hit the bottom of the hill and split apart, rolling in opposite directions. He ended up hitting his head on a rock at the end of his roll. "Ow.." He said, despite there being no pain. He kicked himself to his feet and released his hidden dagger from it's sheath, the blade shining in the light. However, what he saw caused him to retract it almost immediately. "K-Kaya! It's you!" When she asked why he didn't answer his eyes widened. "Oh! Sorry, I probably didn't hear you if you were calling me during my.. Escape. It's kind of hard with the wind rushing past my ears, the hood pulled up, guards yelling constantly and. Well, I was trying to keep my focus so I didn't screw up and fall over." He rubbed the back of his head and smiled sheepishly. "Though I guess that happened anyway huh? Ha ha!" He realized that his hood had fallen down and pulled it back up to conceal his face again. "Come on," he said, taking her hand and leading her away. "I've got somewhere I wanna go, we can talk on the way."

When she asked if he made any cool potions he thought about how to answer that. "Well I made one item, but it's not a potion. I can only craft salves until I level up. I really hope to unlock potions quickly though. But here!" He pulled out of his inventory the item. It was a small disk like tin case. "It's a salve you put on your weapon. The enhancement is toxic venom. This one, when applied to your weapon, will poison any enemy you land a critical hit on. The poison deals eight points of damage for three turns." He'd open the case and show her the dark green paste inside before closing it again, and handed it to her. "Here! It's my thank you for giving me all those materials you found!"

[Item Transfer] [Akio: -1 Toxic Daisy Salve {8 dmg for 3 turns on 9-10}  Assassin: +1 Toxic Daisy Salve {8 dmg for 3 turns on 9-10}]

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 10]

] (20/20)
                    ] (0/3)

@Assassin

She had barely got her words out in time to be drug along with Akio. Nearly falling over as he tugged on her arm, she caught her balance and moved up next to him. "H-Hey, don't go dragging me around like that!" She complained as he handed her a vial of paste. Putting it on her weapons would make her critical hits hurt more? Oh wait, she could pair that with something else.

"Oh, if we're going to go beat up some meanies, I have the perfect thing for this!" The girl said as she opened the weak uncommon potion and chugged it. The effect would let her deal more damage, but not a ton more. "I got this from one of the starter quests and have been forgetting to use it! Now let me just..." She takes the paste that he gave her and applies it to her blood-red colored dagger. Once it was fully applied, she gave him a thumbs up. "Okay! I'm ready! Let's go beat some meanies up!"

Spoiler

Applies Envenom to weapon

In full disclosure, Akio had really wanted to use his first toxic venom on his own weapon. But, he honestly did feel kind of bad that she got nothing out of helping him find those materials earlier. So he'd give it to her just this one time. If she wanted more though, she'd either owe him favors or she'd need to pay him in col. Though he'd probably give her a discount for being the same age as him, and being fun to be around with. When she mentioned how she had an item perfect for slaying mobs he tilted his head in curiosity. When he saw her pull out a potion his confusion only grew as she drank it. "Ok but.. What, does it do exactly?" He asked. "Does it give you a boost in health like mine did? Or does it increase your damage or something?" Well at any rate, she put the paste on and it was now giving off a green haze, indicating that it was poisoned. He paused as he stared at the blade. "Huh... Interesting reaction... I wonder if there's a way or method to craft toxic venom that doesn't give off the poisonous effect visually. It's probably the ingredients themselves. I'll have to look into that later." He nodded before he continued to run and lead her to their destination.

"Here: Let me send you the quest info so that you can join too. I spied on other players and confirmed that sending info isn't the same as messaging or giving items to players. You can hide your info so this works out perfectly. Just hit the accept button and I'll explain:" He sent the information from her and started to give his little summary of the quest. "Basically it's a quest that makes it easier to find materials, via searching, picking them off of mobs you kill and even... Fishing. Though I honestly don't know why that's a skill at all. Anyway, it's in a specific area so that's where we're heading! It has fields, hills, a tiny mountain like area, and forests! Lot's of places to look for monsters right?"

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 10]

] (20/20)
                    ] (0/3)

@Assassin

Assassin accepted the quest post-haste, making sure that all her buffs were readily active. "Well, if we're going to get to it, let's go! No need to wast time talking about it!" She waits for him to lead the way to the area that they'll be playing in and smiles.

"The potion makes me a little stronger. I drink it and my damage becomes a lot better, but the one I have could be a lot stronger. Its one I got off of a quest and was kind of just a trash item. Might as well use it since I have nothing else though." It was then that she remembered something. "Hey! You're supposed to teach me how do your cool jumpy stuff mixed with my speed! I wanna learn! Teach me!!"

Once the two were getting close, Assassin readied her dagger for anything that would try to sneak up on them.

Akio listened to Kaya explain what her potion had just done and nodded, giving his reply rather evenly as they ran. He found that as long as they didn't run out of stamina, or were low on stamina, they could talk as if they were standing still. It was really a neat little feature. The phrase 'it's the simple things in life' really was true. "Oh, then it was a damage potion in that case. From what you told me, it's probably from one of the tutorial quests. Those were a bore alright. I didn't even bother with the armor or weapon, I just tossed them out like the garbage they were. The consumables are definitely a big help though, so it's a good thing you drank it. It will make our jobs a lot easier and the grinding a bit faster. Hey, have you faced any monsters for real yet? Do you know what kind of stuff they tend to drop?" He was honestly very curious about how it all worked. Though he wouldn't be completely satisfied until he had seen it in action himself, he enjoyed talking to her. She had such a simple view on this world, it was a bit refreshing.

When she asked him to teach her parkour he started to laugh and nodded with a smile. "Right, I did say that didn't I? How about we kill a monster, and while our energy recharges I get started on showing you the basics. Sounds good?" It was an excellent to spend their time. Between fights he taught her how to parkour, and during fights they'd get the experience and drops needed. To perform parkour during a fight took a lot of practice however. Even Akio hadn't attempted it just yet, but he knew he'd need to start trying it out if he wanted to have an edge up at the front lines. That's when they felt a rumbling from below. "Ah! Roll to the left!" he yelled to Kaya as he rolled to the right. The two of them barely dodging the creature which launched out from below them. He managed to roll and land on his feet perfectly, sliding to a stop across the grass. He checked the surroundings first before nodding. "Ok this is the area!" He watched as the dust cleared and he saw their opponent. "It's an ankheg! Watch out, they can occasionally spit stomach acid at you!" He quickly rushed it from behind, ran up it's back and stabbed it from behind. It screeched and- "W-what the?" It shattered. Now used to things vanishing below him, he quickly rolled and recovered from potential fall damage... AKA embarrassment at hitting the ground face first.

"...That was... Rather weak. And we didn't even get anything from it. What the hell?"

@Assassin

Assassin rolled off to the side and caught her feet onto the dirt with just enough time to stabilize herself. Just as she turned around, the enemy was already felled by Akio. It wasn't so much his own strength as it was that the enemy was just way too weak compared to them. It exploded into data and returned to the Cardinal without even leaving anything behind for them. Assassin let out a quiet sigh.

"It looks like we're too strong for this area. Once you reach a certain level, you have to be around an equal level to get items to drop. I forgot about that." She looked down at her dagger that was glowing with green toxic venom. "That means I wasted your first craft... I'm so sorry."

She looked around quickly. She needed to pay him for it at least, but she didn't know how much the venom was going to cost. Spotting a material, she runs over and scoops it up, bringing it back to the boy. "H-Here, this should help you make a new one!"

image.png

Materials Found: 1

Akio turned to her with one hand on his hip, and the other out retracting the blade. "Seriously? Damnit. I guess that makes sense though. This is an MMO, so naturally they'd be leveled to the areas in general. But I was really hoping this was one of those types of games where the monsters leveled up with you, so no matter where you went they'd always be a challenge." Well, couldn't be helped now. Looks like he wasted his overhealth potion for nothing. When Kaya looked at her blade and apologized he shook his head quickly. "N-no don't be! That just gives me more motivation to gather ingredients! You see, if I have the right ingredients, I could easily replace that toxic venom you used. And motivation is something I really need after all. I won't unlock potions until level three, which is two profession levels away. And at level five." His eyes gleamed with a grin. "I'll unlock crystal crafting." That was something he really looked forward to.

"If anything, this just means that we can't harvest materials off of monsters until floor... I think it's floor eleven? I'll have to calculate the difference in strength between us and that floor. Oh well, I'll figure that out later. For now, let's just try grabbing as many materials as we can ok?" He tried to give an encouraging smile. "If you happen to find any weird plants, or stones, or other stuff that can be a material, let me know ok? Anything new I'd love to record in my loremaster." And with that, he began his search. It didn't take long before he found two green petal daisies. He needed them for the toxic venom, but he was really hoping to find new materials. Adding them to his inventory he also added: "While we're searching, how about I try and do my best to explain the basics of parkour to you? Then when you understand that, we could try getting some practice in."

[ID# 153688] [LD: 18] [Result: +2 Green Petal Daisies]

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 10]

] (20/20)
                    ] (0/3)

[2 Materials {2 GPD}]

@Assassin

Edited by Iron_Lion

Assassin would hold on to anything that she found and hand it off to him. She didn't have much need for the items since she doesn't have a profession herself. Maybe it wouldn't be too bad to get her own though. What other things could she do than alchemy? She had to wonder.

"Hey, so you're an alchemist, right? There are other things that you can learn how to do than just that profession. What are they? Maybe I'll have to get one myself. I just don't know what would suit me, I guess." Looking around, she found some more materials, this time, two of them bunched together in a group. She walked over and picked them up. More of the kind of flowers that Akio was looking for to help him make potions and stuff. Hopefully she could find more to make up for her wasting the salve that he had given her.

image.png

Materials Found: 3

Just like him, she kind of got a bit distracted from the original topic of parkour, but that was fine by him. "Oh, the other professions. One second." He paused and pulled out his loremaster, which would look like a massive leather bound book. He turned the pages until he got to the section he needed. "Let's see... Well alchemist, which is what I have, is best suited for combat consumables like damage buffs, mitigation buffs, health buffs, health restoring, toxic venom and antidote, due to the option to craft crystals which don't take time to activate. We also have miscellaneous ones like pheromones and crafter's respite, which lets you craft all over again. Next on the list, would be Artisan. Their crafts are, for the most part, similar to blacksmith and leatherworker armors in that they provide bonus accuracy, evasion, sight, recovery, hate, but also some really bonus stuff like expertise, prosperity and ambition. These items don't go in your armor slots either. Think of them as the enhancers for all but weapons. Next there's blacksmith, who are able to craft nearly every weapon as well as heavy armors, so their enhancements are geared towards damage, accuracy, paralyze, bleed, mitigation, thorns, taunt and recovery enhancements. Leather workers are very similar to them only they can only make hand wraps for martial artists as weapons. Also they have the sight enhancement too. Then there's the cook, who are basically the jack of all trades, master of none type." He paused for a moment and fantasized. "But boy do they make awesome fooooood.~ Uh anyway. Their main gift is that they can craft feasts, which allow you to buff not just yourself but the entire party. So they're good for dungeon raiding, events or boss raids. And finally we have performers, who sing songs into crystals. They have a few buffs like familiar sight, and enhancements that can increase the number of loot and quality of loot you get from monsters, but their focus is on debuff songs which reduce accuracy, damage, evasion, and even enhancements that lengthen the total time DoTs last, as well as double the damage from them. They can make masterpieces which either work instantaneously like alchemist crystals, or will affect up to four monsters or bosses at a time."

Akio closed his book and returned it to his inventory. "But, that's the summary of it. I still haven't learned everything about professions yet, but I will one day." With that, he went ahead and scanned the area for any kind of material he could find. Preferably something new... He smiled as he spotted two materials. This time, they looked like white mushrooms with.. Purple polka dots? He checked the item info: "Hmm. Spotted Puff Shroom? Properties, Pheromones and Over-Health. But overhealth is a potion product, so I can't use that yet. So what part is the pheromones, and what part is the overhealth?" He stored the two into his inventory to study later.

[ID# 153706] [LD: 15] [Result: +2 Spotted Puff Shroom]

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 10]

] (20/20)
                    ] (0/3)

[4 Materials {2 GPD} || {2 SPS}]

@Assassin

Edited by Iron_Lion

Assassin listened intently as the boy described the professions via his little book thingie. All of those professions sounded like they could be useful, but still, she felt like it was more of a hassle than anything else. If she needed anything, she could easily just go and get it made by someone else who already has the profession themselves. Though thinking about it, armor and weapons could be difficult to pay for. They're probably a lot more expensive than consumable buffs. Maybe she could be a tailor and make clothes or something.

Look around the area, she couldn't seem to find anything useful. With a sigh, she turned back to Akio and smiled. "Maybe I should learn the leather crafting thing. That way I can make my own armor in the future when I need to upgrade. I bet it wouldn't be too hard to learn how to do."

@Iron_Lion

image.png

Materials Found: 3

Akio gave her a bright smile. "It wouldn't hurt for sure~ And think of it this way: As long as you're only crafting for yourself, you just have to make yourself one set of perfect armor and you're pretty much good until the next tier! And it won't even cost you one col. Unless, you go to the merchants for materials that is. I feel like that only happens for people who are desperate to get crafts done quickly though. I wanna take my time and have fun with it. Besides:" he said, pulling out the purple polkadot mushroom. "Discovering new things is half the fun right?" To be honest, despite the amount of failed crafts he'd been getting, he. Really honest and truly had been having a lot of fun with the alchemy crafting system. Discovering new mechanics such as that materials had different properties based on the part you used, and that if you failed with one part you could still use the other, but if you succeeded with one part the other part would vanish. Then there was that certain materials, even if you collected them, could be of poor quality and thus end up ruining the craft. And finally, how you attempted the craft was vital as well. He couldn't wait until he got to potions, which were more complicated to make and thus, more exciting and fun.

[ID# 153723] [LD: 15] [Result: +2 Spotted Puff Shroom]

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 10]

] (20/20)
                    ] (0/3)

[6 Materials {2 GPD} || {4 SPS}]

@Assassin

Edited by Iron_Lion

As much as she wanted to sound as interested in it as he was, she just couldn't find that kind of enthusiasm for something she found so boring. Of course, she wasn't going to stomp on his feelings about learning what Alchemy could come to attain. She was pretty sure that if she did decide on any craft, it would have to be something that was annoying an tedious. A simple work that required little effort. Making jewelry or potions wasn't something she could get by and she was sure that her cooking would absolutely suck. Running a shop would be annoying to keep track of and she could hardly wield her own weapon, let alone make them. It would have to be leather working and tailor.

Soon, she found more materials, another bundle of them. Heading back over to Akio, she give him a smile. "Alright, so what should I know about doing this jumpy stuff? I know it's hard, but it could make me much better with my weapon and it could be pretty fun."

image.png

Materials Found: 5

Akio heard her bring up parkour again and he gave a little chuckle. "Heh, alright. Let's see, where to begin..." While he thought about it, he went ahead and began to navigate the menu for his searching gear. The inspection lens. Despite the fact that he could favorite items, it still took a while to get to. He heard that there was a mod called quick change, so he should probably get that at some point or other. "Well, I should start with explaining what parkour was meant to be used for in the first place. You see, parkour was invented by... The French? Or was it the Italians. Either way, it's a method used to create alternate paths over or through obstacles in order to get from point A, to point B faster. For example. Let's say that your in town and the streets are crowded, making it impossible to run through. You could then find methods to climb the sides of buildings, or use things like window sills, flag poles, archways and other such stuff to run down the same path, but avoiding all the crowds." He found the item and smiled, clicking the button and summoning it to his face, while putting his sigil ring away since they wouldn't be fighting. "But it's not that simple. In order to find the fastest route, you need to know the town thoroughly. Or at least the area between points a and b. Another exception is if the streets are deserted, and there's no monsters or enemies chasing you, then it would likely be faster to just take the roads. Make sense?"

[Switched Strange Sigil out for Inspection Goggles] [-3 ACC, +3 LD]

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 10]

] (20/20)
                    ] (0/3)

@Assassin

Assassin listened intently, noticing that he was changing his gear. It would probably be a good idea for to change her gear too since she had some available. She opened her menu looking for her luck boosting item while listening. "That sounds like something I could make great use of. I can run super fast, but it's pretty hard to run through crowds of people when they're all blocking the way. I'm sure that would also be super useful when you were trying to run away from fights that might be too difficult to take on yourself."

Finally she found he 3rd dagger, the one that was too dull to do any damage and was nothing more than a luck item to her at this point. It straddled around her neck as she replaced her weapon for it. "There, that should make it much easier to fin materials." She smiled to the boy.

Spoiler

Swapped Dagger for Trinket.

Nodding in agreement, the boy smiled. "That, and it's really fun when you get the hang of it! Now then. There are several vital elements when it comes to parkour. Focus and concentration are gonna be key. Outside the game, failure means you risk physical harm, whether temporary or permanent. And if you take real risks, you could end up dying. However, after experimenting with the system in the game, I've determined that players will receive fall damage like normal. So you won't break your wrist, or twist your ankle, but if you fall from say a rooftop, you'll receive the appropriate percent based damage. So until we can get a mod that reduces fall damage, I don't recommend us taking too big a risk with anything." He began to draw a line in the dirt, then drew different building sizes. One small, one medium, one large, and one huge tower. "Let's say, you receive varied percent based damage for every five feet. For five feet for instance, you could receive no damage to five percent your health. If you fell from ten feet, you'd likely receive less or more than ten percent damage. But at twenty feet, it becomes more or less thirty to forty percent. At fifty feet, I imagine somewhere between eighty and ninety percent. And then, anything above that would probably prove fatal." Akio stood up after making the drawing and giving his explanation.

"These are just estimates though. I'm not stupid enough to test it out, but it's safe to say that the higher you fall from, the more quickly the percentage of fall damage escalates. Focus and concentration will be key factors in two regards: The first is making sure you can travel without falling. After practice it becomes a combination of instinct and focus, but it will be hard to get adjusted to for a while. The second factor crosses over to the next factor, in the sense that you have to plan out your route while you're moving. There are always things that can change, like a window being boarded up, a hole in the wall fixed, etc. So knowing all the potential paths and taking the best one is crucial. The second factor is of course, knowledge. Knowing where everything is, what the variables are, and how to use them to your advantage. The third factor is simple. Practice practice practice." He paused to look around for materials now that he had his inspection lens on. Unfortunately when he slid the glass into place it seemed smeared. So he had to take the darn thing off, clean it off, then put it back on again.

[ID# 153755] [LD: 7+3=10] [Result: Failure]

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 10]

] (20/20)
                    ] (0/3)

@Assassin

Edited by Iron_Lion

The information dump was overwhelming to the Assassin. She couldn't begin to take all that into play without it being slowed down, or at least shown in practice. Thankfully, his diagram helped her understand the risks of parkour and how it could be potentially fatal. She definitely was going to try anything stupid with it, but she would do her best to improve upon the knowledge she had been given.

"That doesn't sound too difficult, it's the same with running! You have to know where you are going and what obstacles are bound to cause you to trip." Trying to put his knowledge into play, she kicks herself into a tree and tried to climb it as fast as possible. As she is making her way up though, she grabs a weak branch. It snaps the moment that she grabs hold of it and meets her at the ground. She takes a little bit of falling damage, but looks fine. Not to mention the materials that had fallen out of the tree with her. "Oh hey, I almost had it!"

image.png

Akio laughed a little when she fell down from the tree after her attempt. "Ha ha ha ha! Oh my gosh, I can't believe it. That's almost exactly what happened to me when I first tried! Though, to be fair I ended up on my butt when I fell." He walked over to her and nodded at the tree. "The first thing you need to do is identify your final destination. I'm gonna assume you were aiming for the top of the tree, but the 'top' isn't actually the top branches. The further up you go, the weaker they become. The trunk will reach a certain point and split into branches, and that's the 'top' of the tree. The second thing you need to do," He said as he started climbing. "Is decide the best method to climb it. There's the cliff method where you find hand holds and foot holds." He stood on top of a branch and looked at a trunk above him. "Then there is the jump, and haul method!" He bent his knees and jumped up, grabbing the trunk and pulling himself up with his upper body strength until he was on top of it. He looked at the last trunk which went straight up. "And then there's what I call the squirrel method." He hugged the tree and started to pull himself up one inch at a time until he eventually reached the top he mentioned. "See? Of course you also need to identify what part of the tree is strong enough to support you and what isn't. If it's thin enough for your hand to wrap around at least one and a half times, don't grab it!"

[ID# 153758] [LD: 8+3=11] [Result: +1 Star Fruit]

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 10]

] (20/20)
                    ] (0/3)

[7 Materials {2 GPD} || {4 SPS} {1 SF}]

@Assassin

Edited by Iron_Lion

Watching the agility of Akio's climbing technique, she was just as amazed as he was when she show cased her amazing speed to him. He had scaled that tree in a matter of seconds without any problems whatsoever. The girl got a bit giddy as he told her how she should approach it. More methodical, less speed. Precision over agility. Without replying, the girl took a moment to map out the route in her head. She could see what he meant now. Mapping the route made it easier to see how to go about it.

With a burst of speed, the girl rushed up the tree as quickly as she could handle without breaking any branches. She definitely wasn't as quick at it as he was, but she made it to the top on a separate branch from the boy with some effort. Looking over at him with smile, she swung her legs in the air underneath the branch she was sitting on. "How's that?"

image.png