[PP-F1] Parkour 101 <<Nature's Treasure>>

Akio's jaw dropped when he saw her move with extreme agility and precision on her first try. When she reached his position he just laughed with envy on his face. "Enough to make me jealous! Though it does help that the system handles multiple factors." His face returned then to the bright, enjoyable boy he was before as he looked around the area. Then he spotted a cliffside with it's own trees, one he noted was larger than the others. "Hey, I have an idea! Let's go over there. I'll teach you how to find footholds and how to scale walls and stuff. Then we can climb the tree and we should have a really awesome view of this area! Come on it'll be awesome!" He began to climb down now, and when he reached the bottom he would patiently wait for Kaya to join him. While he did so, he'd better be productive he thought, as he flipped his goggles back on. He scanned the area around here and spotted two green petal daisies behind the tree. He went ahead and picked them by the time she reached the bottom. "So what do you say? You ready?"

[ID# 153961] [LD: 14+3=17] [Result: +2 Green Petal Daisy]

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 10]
[DMG:_06//EVA:_03]

HP:  [                    ] (250/250)
EN:  [

] (20/20)
XP:  [
                    ] (0/3)

[9 Materials {4 GPD} || {4 SPS} {1 SF}]

@Assassin

Edited by Iron_Lion

Assassin looked over to her side and saw a bunch of fruits that were up in the tree. They were tagged with materials like the herbs were so she would be able to use them for her friend here, who was already climbing back down the tree.

Getting down was a challenge compared to getting up. Assassin struggled constantly having to look down and make sure that she wasn't going to slip on a branch or break a weak one and fall from the tree. Once she finally made it down to the bottom, Akio was ready to move on to teaching her more about how to preform the climbing more quickly.

"Oh we're jumping right into it? Okay then, let's go! Don't worry if I fall or anything. I will be alright. I've tripped a bunch while running full speed, but that's how we get tougher and better at the things we do!"

image.png

Materials Found: 5

Smiling and nodding he started running, leading her the way to the spot he wanted to practice with her on. "Yeah! Only we should start by climbing sideways so that we're over the water. It's still a cliff, so I wanna avoid fall damage as much as possible ok?" He'd never been a teacher before. He was probably doing it wrong, since he really didn't like sitting still and doing nothing, but it was more fun this way. And besides, she seemed to be understanding everything he was teaching her, so all that was left was to get the experience she needed right? Eventually they reached the cliffside. "Ok then. For a cliff it's a bit more tricky. There are a few methods you can use. The first is looking for natural footholds and using those, which admittedly there are a lot with. However this is where that 'knowledge of the environment' comes into play. See, not every natural foothold is safe." The young boy started pulling on certain stones and large rocks. Most of them were sturdy, but some of them visibly shook when he pulled on it. "See? Your best bet will be crevices, holes and carved areas on the side of the cliff like these, but they're harder to find. So if you have time look for those, but if you're going to be in a rush it's best to memorize all of the shaky stones to make sure you don't make a wrong step. And even then you could still slip, trip or reach too far and lose your footing. And I definitely don't recommend doing this when it rains."

With that, Akio started to give her his demonstration, explaining where he's looking, how he's reaching, and showing her the proper way to grab the areas. He showed her how far she should be willing to reach with her arms and legs, and how high or low she should limit her climbing too. "You can only climb fast once you've mastered it. Until then it's best to go slowly. It may seem like a slower method than just running the long way, but once you've mastered it, it turns into a shortcut. Even for someone as fast as you!" While he climbed, he made a not to look for any materials that might grow or fall onto cliffsides, but he couldn't see any... Would have been a pretty cool find too... Dang it.

[ID# 154146] [LD: 7+3=10] [Result: Failure]

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 10]
[DMG:_06//EVA:_03]

HP:  [                    ] (250/250)
EN:  [

] (20/20)
XP:  [
                    ] (0/3)

[9 Materials {4 GPD} || {4 SPS} {1 SF}]

@Assassin

Edited by Iron_Lion
  • 2 weeks later...