[OP-F24] Casting a long shadow <<Floor 25 Boss Meeting>>

So much had been going on, so much in such little time. Macradon sat at his desk in his house and looked out the window. The sun was shining, it was a good day, but after what had happened in that raid, it was disturbing to say the least. He lowered his head in a sigh, that digital manifestation of something so vile that could be equated to real life pain … it wasn’t something he had felt before in here, it had never been that intense … perhaps this was a wake up call for him to finally get his s*it together, finally take everything as serious as he could, as he should.

He had gotten the group message, the coordinates, the whereabouts, everything was laid out in front of him, he just had to act, he just had to show up. “Ahrg!” he yelled out and slammed his fist into the desk. He leaned back with an arch and looked at the ceiling, this place wasn’t something he wanted to begin to associate with his dwindling sight of reality, but this had become his safe haven, a place where he escaped to within this world of madness. 

unnamed.jpg

“No need to get upset over something if I don’t intend to do any about it.” he muttered for himself and dragged himself out of his room. Looking around at the clothes he would bring, he only brought the essentials, no need to bring anything battle stuff, it was just a meeting, and no meeting he ever attended showed any hostile intent, that would at least be extremely counter productive, why halter the advance of humanity’s freedom … “Oh wait … wasn’t that about the ideals the last meeting?” he thought for himself when he attended the meeting where he announced his retirement.

Grabbing his formal jacket, Macradon was going on to make his display in the honor of his sh*tty guild, no need to wear red and white, gotta sprinkle in some independence, how else would he make himself unique and stand out from the rest of his guild mates, if he even had any left. The “proud” Knights of the Blood Oath were no more than a morsel of the past, the only real one standing by its banner was this fool. Throwing his jacket over his shoulder, Macradon donned his formal wear and began to venture up the floors. “It’s been a while since he sent that message … perhaps I’ll be one of the late comers to the meeting, or perhaps I’ll just be one of the others that are coming at that time, don’t want to stand out too much.” he mumbled for himself as he went up to the teleportation plaza. “Floor 24, Paraneze.” he called to the plaza and was engulfed in bright blue light, transporting him from one location to the other.

00098e37dca56b046613dcc0492418aa.jpgLooking around the area, Macradon had only coordinates to go by, but it was at Baldur’s new big house, so it shouldn’t be too difficult to get there. He remembered something about a ferry, but he didn’t think that it was any important to his journey over there, but oh was he wrong. As he arrived close to the mentioned coordinates in the group message, Macradon looked across the vast body of water separating him from the meeting. “Huh, guess there’s only one way over there.” he said and took a few steps back, took a deep breath, sprinted forward, doffing his clothes and dove straight into the water. While airborne, a voice called out to Macradon “E-excuse me sir!”. He didn’t have time to look at who it was before the splash of water would echo after the knight’s dive into the deep blue. As he resurfaced he looked over at the origin of the voice, and there was a young boy with brown hair sitting in a boat "I'm here to take you over to the other side, sir!" the boy said, “Oh.” Macradon thought “That was probably the way we should venture over there.” he mumbled “I’m too committed now, it would be to chicken out if I didn’t just swim the length.” he replied to the boy. He waved and began swimming across the lake-like body of water spanning across the floor.

There were many ways of tackling this situation, one could’ve just admitted to their failure and taken the ferry across, but one could also just be stubborn, just like this idiot. As he swam across the surface, he felt the presence of something with ill intent, as if some creatures, some monsters, were lurking deep in the water below him, just waiting for an opportunity to [censored] at the unknowing victim swimming blissfully.

As he arrived on the other side at the bank, Macradon would climb up to the place where he could try to dry himself off, but as he looked around himself, he would think of what fitting attire would be best for this place, and since a revolution-style European uniform wasn’t really something that would fit in with the Japanese theme going on at Baldur’s place, Macradon would look through his inventory. “He pointed out the type of clothing to wear at places like this … but I don’t know, don’t think they suit me.” he mumbled while donning a kimono to fit with the theme. He sighed and walked up the stairs all the way up to the hall where they all were to meet and take care of the meeting.

105975362_584897582438170_7026753430773783932_n.png

As he finally got to the place where he could hear chattering of people, Macradon would come by the corner and try to find @Baldur “Bal, I don’t know how you can wear these kinds of clothes, they get really drafty, I don’t think I can get used to this.” he said as he entered the gathering to see everyone who had shown up already, a good handful actually. Kinda flustered with his entrance, Macradon looked around and tried to adjust his clothing, but it still didn’t sit right “Oh hey folks, good to see you all.” he said and waved his hand for a short period before trying to comfort into the area and find a place to chat before the actual meeting would begin, and of course the first person he went to was @Mari.

“Hey, good to see you at the meeting, time to show your veteran skills.” he said with a smile nudging at his best friend.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Gonna murder all of them, too?"

Pinball could feel the hairs on the back of his neck bristle at the sound of Bahr's voice. 

"Don't tempt me," he spat, but his threat was obviously an empty one. There was no confidence in his words, his voice quivered when he spoke - and what could the lanky teen even do in a meeting full of frontliners, anyway? The response came out of reflex, but unbeknownst to Pinball, just for a moment, his stomach stopped doing flips. He glanced over at the man, taking note of his typical attire and the flower tucked into his hair. He felt the briefest pang of... something in his chest. Was it jealousy? Pinball's cheeks flushed at the thought, and so he took Bahr's proclamation and decided it was best if he ran with it. "Mm. Right." Casting his gaze aside, Pinball followed. 

With a closer look, Pinball quickly recognized a good chunk of the people present - but much to his dismay, there was an equal amount he didn't. Upon closer inspection, though, he started matching rumors with appearances. Ignoring Cordelia's glare entirely, Pinball strode through the crowd and came to a stop next to the swordsman who'd led him here. They'd went from a wall on one side of the room to another? Whatever. He slumped against it next to him, shoving his hands in his jacket pockets and refusing to make eye contact with him. 

"Sure," he grumbled, biting his tongue, "but I'm at just as much of a loss as you are for most of these guys." 

He wasn't sure who Bahr knew and who he didn't, so Pinball took a wild guess and ruled out Cordelia, at the least. "Baldur is the guy hosting the event. Seems like the nice sort. Likes to dress up as a samurai." As if the architecture hadn't given that away anyway. The teen then shifted his gaze to the familiar visage of Aincrad's top tank. "Shield is one of, if not the tankiest tank I've met. Straight to business type? He knows his stuff, anyway. Crozeph, the one in black, blue eyes, was in a guild called Guardians of the New Dawn, a long time ago. But he disappeared not too long after the recruitment. I'm surprised to see him here. Yuki, the pink-haired girl, attacked me a few days earlier and then got mad at me for it." Pinball hadn't noticed NIGHT, and so she was spared his dry, one-way introduction to Bahr.

That just left... the murderers. He knew them like the back of his hand. Since he'd killed Kirbs, Pinball had made it his goal to familiarize himself with the killers of Aincrad, whether it was directly through the Monument of Life or via rumors from various brokers. "I'm not comfortable with the amount of murderers gathered here," he murmured, acutely aware of the irony in the statement. His tone soured. "Especially not the ones in sheep's clothing. I don't know her," he admitted, nodding in Mari's general direction, "but that leaves Zandra, Macradon, Morgenstern, and, unless I'm wrong... Ariel-? The white-haired woman with the kid. Something about a killing on the frontlines? I don't remember. But I'm sure it wasn't justified." 

Pinball shook his head, his pale gaze falling back to the floor. "Sorry," he said curtly, "don't know the rest." Why the hell was he helping Bahr, again? Before he could follow up with that line of thought, a familiar woman approached the man and took Pinball by surprise. His expression immediately softened, and then completely froze over just a second later. Lessa had looped her arm in his, excusing the both of them. Not like she needed to. His heart sank remembering his past with her; at the thought of what she must have thought about him when she found out who he really was. Pinball didn't want to care about that sort of thing, but as if the world existed for the sole purpose of spiting him, it did. "Yeah. Sure." 

They were already walking away, though. 

"S-sir! I don't think that will fit on the boat!"

As Oscar approached the docks, the wooden wheels of his cart creaked loudly across the boardwalk. The woman running the ferry heard him before she saw him. Upon seeing the cart that Oscar was absentmindedly dragging behind him with one hand, she rushed up the docks and stopped him before he could reach the boat. Oscar blinked through his sunglasses and let out an audible sigh. So much for bringing the taco wagon to the meeting. Baldur would be exceptionally disappointed without the tender Carne Asada to make this whole "let's go risk our lives guys" meeting go down a little smoother. Oscar's eyes flicked from the boat back to his wagon. Much to his chagrin, the woman was correct. There was no way that such a small vessel could carry them across the waters without capsizing. Perhaps she wouldn't need to. Maybe the system would treat the entire cart as a single time, despite the multiple components, and thus allow him to reduce it down to an item that could fit inside of his inventory. There wasn't any harm in trying. Plus, a more mobile taco wagon would be a godsend when he went out into the field with friends.

With a gloved hand, Oscar accessed his menu and tapped through the icons. He could reduce food down to a portable item, so it wasn't too much of a stretch. After some deft menuing, the entire wagon glowed and shuddered. It folded in on itself a multitude of times before it was reduced to a small polygonal object that Oscar could then collect and add to his inventory. As he picked the item - aptly named Mi Vagon De Tacos - up the woman breathed an audible sigh of relief. It was as if she were expecting Oscar to press the issue. Without a word, he clambered into the boat behind her and off they went.

To say that Baldur's estate was magnificent would be an understatement. He could barely wait to disembark as they neared their destination. Upon setting foot on the shore, Oscar was greeted with the sound of chattering in the distance. Apparently the party had already gotten started. Oscar made his way towards the sound only to find himself swarmed by a pair of women who were quite insistent that he change into something more fitting of the theme. Oscar removed his shades and folded them neatly before sliding them inside of the interior pocket of his overcoat. Then, he removed his gloves and his heavy jacket and handed them off to the women. They looked rather puzzled. "I don't wear kimonos," came Oscar's rather blunt response.

With that, Oscar made his way towards the group that had gathered around. He walked inside just in time to see Bahr and Pinball ruffling one another's feathers. While their last interaction hadn't made them the best of buds, Oscar knew that Bahr wouldn't do anything over-the-top here. At least, he hoped that he wouldn't. It was like an 85/15 at this point. Not the best odds, all things considered. But probably about as good as they were going to get. Oscar made his way over to the two, positioning himself to pass between the pair as he headed for an out-of-the-way corner. As he passed, he dropped his voice down low so only they would hear him. "Save it for the Raid, you two. We're guests."

For his part, Oscar headed for an empty corner and summoned his wagon from his inventory. He didn't imagine Baldur would mind the only Grandmaster Cook he knew providing some free refreshments for the gathering. At least and especially if those refreshments were of the Mexican cuisine variety. He wouldn't go out of his way to draw attention to himself. The smell of the perfectly-seasoned beef on the grill with a hint of pico de gallo and roasted peppers would do that for him.

@Bahr @Pinball @Baldur

Bahr nodded upon hearing his recognition of Mari's status. Seemed neither of them had much to add to the conversation. But the other names surprised him. Zandra, Macradon, Morgenstern, and Ariel. Bahr never would have guessed, given their green cursors, but he supposed that was a bit of the much he had to learn. Despite working hard to have gotten here, Bahr wasn't all too familiar with the Frontliners or their status. Many of them seemed to be "tainted," if that was the right word for it. 

"Sounds about right," Bahr lied, holding back the confliction he felt with Pinball's assertments internally. What reason did he have to trust Pinball's judgement, anyway? Clearly, the youth had problems of his own. If he couldn't clean his own room, what reason did Bahr have to suspect that he knew the condition of the Frontliners as acutely as he proclaimed?

But none of that mattered now, because Lessa was here.

"You beat me here," she commented, slipping her arm through his before a quick, "Hey. I'm just going to borrow him for a sec, if that's okay," to Pinball.

"Yeah. Sure," the youth managed before Lessa had whisked the two of them away, not having come clear about her intentions just yet.

"I hope you don't mind," she explained in hushed tones to what Bahr could only assume was their target. "I just wanted to get introductions out of the way before things get crazy." Yeah, sure. Lessa wanted to introduce him to her Frontliner friends. Made sense. Before lone, they were standing before a man that Bahr could only describe as imposing, if not for his disarming kimono. As Bahr scanned the surrounding area, he could feel that he was a tad overdressed - or underdressed, depending upon who you asked - for the occasion. Perhaps it was because he'd ridden his own boat to the island, as opposed to taking Baldur's private ferry. Was whoever was running on the detail of Baldur's boat handing out the attire? 

"I wanted to introduce you to my boyfriend, Bahr," Lessa began, before shifting slightly. "Bahr, this is Baldur, one of my oldest friends and first mentees. You might just say I taught him everything he knows."

Bahr extended a hand to their guest for a shake. "Pleasure to meet you, Baldur," he started, before adding, "Beautiful estate you've got here. Love the Japanese inspiration." His eyes trailed around for a bit, then returned to his. "Also digging the island aesthetic. Got a project of my own that I'm working on that's similar. Any tips?"

raid_boss_meeting._1.jpg[]

("Mind if I play something?")

~

As the boat sailed gently onward, its passenger let her fingers glide beneath the lake’s surface. What a pretty, tranquil place. Though she’d made certain to learn as much as she could about the venue before making her preparations, looking upon the scenery and the torii rising from the distance was nothing less than magnificent. “Dressing to match the theme was a good call,” she murmured, drawing her hand up carefully so as not to sprinkle droplets of water over her flower-printed kimono. Soft tones were recurrent in her chosen attire; white fur lined her collar and an ornament was clipped to her long purple hair.

First impressions were everything. Though she was far below the frontliners’ level, Arabelle didn’t appear fazed by the idea of participating in a raid meeting one floor too early. These gatherings had always been an area of intrigue for her, and when whispers of the labyrinth boss’s defeat reached her ears, she did indeed have something to bring to the table.

“This isn’t a safezone.”

raid_boss_meeting_1._1.png–It wasn’t the same in their case, but she trusted herself to carry them through every interaction with no issue. Beneath the shade of her matching wagasa, Arabelle’s distant smile didn’t falter as she turned her gaze from the seascape. Pale hair in an elaborate updo and a kimono whose dark colors contrasted hers, Edel was fixated on the approaching shores as their boat passed beneath the gates. The comb she’d given them to wear still rested on their lap.

“Well, the frontlines has its fair share of orange players.” And scandals. And murder. But she wouldn’t voice that in the presence of their young guide. “And everyone needs to be around for the strategy meeting. I figure as long as you’ve got a decent reputation within their little group, they’ll accommodate you.” 

“Do you?” came Edel’s innocent query.

“It depends on who’s there.” They weren’t facing her. She leaned a little to the side to get a glimpse at their expression, but not enough to prompt a complaint from Mop Boy. “Are you worried? Maybe of a fight breaking out while we’re in these outfits? You know-- I won't ever let anything happen to you as long as I'm around~.”

Criss-crossed fingers pressed to their pale lips – a secret. 

“I just think this part of the affair is silly.”

She didn’t miss how delicately Edel handled the comb as they slid it into their hair anyway.

They reached the shore not too long after. Before stepping off, Arabelle passed two duplicate crystals to the youth. Her companion watched impassively from a distance. “My tip,” she said with a wink. “And that pretty gentleperson’s as well. Play the songs on your other rides or listen to them yourself, I don’t really mind. Be a good boy now, alright?”

Her wagasa disappeared in a puff of tiny blue polygons as she strode in. Unlike her wide-eyed companion, she didn’t pay as much attention to the island’s beautiful Japanese architecture – not when multiple players of interest had now entered her view. Arabelle only appeared curious, though not exactly out-of-place, as she looked around the room and mentally noted down all of her acquaintances in turn. Mari and Cordelia, Ariel and that man who’d accompanied them on a quest for a phoenix feather, a couple more others, and Yuki and NIGHT seemingly at opposite sides of the venue.

She didn’t pass Pinball a second glance.

“So–”

Edel was already staring at the opposite corner of the gathering… where Oscar had set down some horrendously out-of-place refreshments. Nevermind.

“Ah, hello!” They could handle themself. Without another word, she parted from her companion and approached Yuki perhaps because their kimonos had similar styles. “Oh, am I interrupting?” A quick glance between the paladin and Crozeph. She clapped her hands together and continued, passing them a friendly smile. “I’m just glad I found a familiar face. I don’t have any plans to join the raid until the next floor, but I thought I should start sitting in. Learn how it goes, and maybe offer my crafts where they’re needed. Are you two going to participate in this fight?”

//a/n: Edel is a player character. also, here's a full pic of them for [reference]!

Mari's voice was the saving grace for the embarrassment he placed himself. He nodded at her "r-right, can you all please sit down? I mean please be seated so I can do a headcount of how many to do..." he said in a sheepish voice. Few more people arrived and his welcoming skills are short-circuiting. He wasn't used to this, when he joined one of the floor boss battles there was no meeting, he saw an announcement or something and signed up without second thought. He walked away from it alive and he was grateful for Mari and the others on teaming up. Now it was a more detailed meeting, not just a sign-up area, players gathered and most of them are strong looking. "I knew I fell behind but I didn't realize it was this much," he thought to himself. He looked a them, his dark fringes covering his azure eyes as he tried to take a closer look at them. 

The introspection and melancholy were about to seep in when someone gave him a hug from behind. He was startled, he didn't see who it was, he was about to do some kind of counter-attack from his best memory of judo when he saw her pink hair and a kimono that compliments it. Every time, always when he suddenly delves into his pathetic side @Zajcica would come out of nowhere and pull him back to the reality of things. As she pulled him to one area he saw her bring out a bento box while asking him if he had a good sleep "I did sleep well even though I got here late at night" he replied. His face beamed with excitement, another food for him from Yuki, at this point there was no use hiding it. He was excited that she was there and the bento was a plus."It's fine, most people get to know each other here aside from a few who already knew each other and also..." he looked back the group of players gathered in the place "... we all share the same goal here. First time or not we're all nervous, most just have a good way hiding it" his hold on Yuki's hand got a bit tight. He was nervous about it too and Yuki is the person who can ease that feeling right now. As the two approached Shield, Crozeph tried to think of a way how to provide refreshments for everyone.

@Cordelia has already noticed him getting flustered and replied to her with a smile, an awkward smile before she went to the crowd. Some people he knew at it made him feel at ease but still, he could've done a better job greeting guests in Baldur's house. He could only try to be beside Yuki, thinking of entering the kitchen somewhere and prepare tea for everyone. He also saw Ariel took out a katana, it had this malevolent feel when he saw it "t-that's interesting" he thought as he looked from afar. He could only think of how powerful it would be once Baldur wields it. "What if it was like that nuke sword @NIGHT has when we..." he gently pulled at Yuki's hand "hey Night is here, you should go and greet her," he said. The tracksuit might not be visible but he can remember her face as she tries to blend in the crowd. Crozeph made a faint smile, he'd be blending in the crowd too if he was the old Crozeph. Times have changed now and he didn't even get anyone's attention yet aside from those who knew him personally "now how can I prepare the tea for...

The idea of providing drinks for the guest was thrown out to the koi pond when a guy pulled out a wagon and the aroma of food wafted faintly in the place. "Now what should I do now?" he thought. Maybe listening to the others was the only thing he could do now since the wagon guy already covered the refreshments "wait a minute, a guy and a wagon. He must be Cordelia's boyfriend" he thought. Baldur would start the meeting anytime soon so Crozeph who is beside Yuki places his attention to him.

He heard a voice as he looked at them, he turned his head and saw a girl with purple hair who seem to know Yuki. He looked at Yuki then to her and then back to Yuki again and finally to the purple-haired girl "her hair color reminds me of cakes" he thought. "Um, no you're not interrupting anything" he replied to her as he pulls on Yuki's hand. "Yuki seems to have no plans to join, I'm thinking about it but right now I'm only trying to provide drinks to the visitors" he turned his head and made an awkward smile where the girl can't see "well that was minutes ago but then the wagon guy did a better job than me," he thought. "You can learn a lot here but mostly it's just hardcore strategy thinking," he told her.

And then it struck him, what Mari meant when she asked him that the guest should be seated before he could offer drinks. Crozeph felt bad but it's not too late to fix it. Baldur would never overlook such things like this and Crozeph remembered it, the meeting room. He placed his hand to Yuki's head "I'll be doing something you can go to Night in the meantime" he said while giving the girl with the cake hair color a smile. Crozeph made his way and made sure everyone would hear him, the wagon guy can also bring his wagon with them.

"Attention everyone!" he said, raising his voice in a gentle manner "now that a lot has gathered here, may I guide you to the meeting room that Baldur-sensei has prepared for everyone"  he added. Crozeph heart beat so fast it felt it he's gonna puke it out "keep at it boi or we'll get nowhere if they stay here," he thought. Crozeph gestured his hand on the path behind him "if you would be so kind to follow me, we can reach the meeting room and have everyone seated and of course..." he bowed before he finished his sentence "... begin the meeting of the Frontlines for this floor boss."

Crozeph turned around and slowly walked towards the meeting room prepared for those who have arrived in Baldur's estate. The wooden floor and the shogi that served as dividers for his house. It took only a few minutes and Crozeph keep on looking behind to make sure they are following him. He stood in front of a shoji and gently opened it and stretched out his hand gesturing for the guest to enter the room.
222.png.fe423319cdfc348177d632163914250c.png"Everyone, please have a seat inside this room. Feel free to seat anywhere" he said without biting his tongue. Crozeph looked at them with his calm expression, letting his azure eyes show that he isn't joking, well he wasn't really. Crozeph tried to hide the nervous feeling inside. Baldur prepared all these and Crozeph wanted to make sure he was helping his friend for this meeting.

Light peered inside the room with the slightly opened window. Some cushions and tables are lined up resembling some kind of arrangement done in a long table, only that everyone had their own table. Even if Crozeph knew that it has been prepared he was still amazed by it. It looked like a meeting of the board of directors and CEO.

Now he did what he can, he can only hope that the visitors would cooperate with him. He didn't have the charisma that Baldur has, he doesn't even want to look most of them in the eyes but now he did it. While he may be calm on the outside, his thoughts and heart were racing like being chased by predators. "I hope I did a good job,"  he said to himself.

Edited by Crozeph

A small jab to the ribs would catch the player off guard. "Maa, jon, why aren't you wearing a yukata or kimono like almost everyone else? I know you own one, so why don't you get changed into it, that way we match a little more~!" His eyes widened as soon as he heard the voice. Typically, when someone's lover would arrive all of their worries would melt away. Jonathan on the other hand was quite the opposite. Was this her first time showing up to one of these? Or was she at the one hosted by the Celestial Ascendants? He wasn't sure but it didn't exactly make him the happiest that she was here. 

Ever since the girl had told him it was her plan to join the frontlines along with him, his heart had harbored a fair share of doubt. He didn't want her to join the frontlines. She was the only stable thing left and if he lost her... he'd be lost as well. He didn't let her know of his feelings because he believed his would be soon to pass. Anyhow, who was he to tell her what she could and couldn't do with her life. "I didn't realize everyone was going to be wearing them. Anyway..." 'Why are you even here?' is what he wanted to say. This was a boss raid meeting. Not a get together. This was the time to be serious. Lives were at stake according to their decisions and hardly anyone else in the room knew about the dangers of what lie ahead. 

After the fight, the had teleported back to the Settlement of the Iron Fist. That's when the sky randomly became dark as night. The boss had enough power that he could effect the entire floor instead of just the room he resided in. 

"... I guess I shall go find somewhere to change then." He would tell her. 

"Can you come over here for a minute, me and Jon have something we need to talk to you about before the meeting starts~"

Jonathan's eyes would glaze over. 'Really? Now?' He lightly placed his hand of @tricolor_mina's shoulder. "This isn't the time or the place. Everyone's focus should be on staying alive. Even if you aren't in the raid, doesn't mean that the rest of them aren't. @Baldur is leading this meeting and doesn't have the time to listen intently. Please save it." 

His words were better said by the Orange-haired girl he had noted before. Jonathan would mouth a silent thank you to @Mari. He'd would bring Mina's hand into his, and wade through the growing crowd with her in tow. @Bahr would step into his path, fistbump him and pat him on the shoulder reassuringly. Jonathan would offer him a smile and continue on. As they stood now stood outside, he would turn to her. "I'm sorry. I know you want to tell him. But today... today we make a plan to keep the most people alive as possible. Any distractions could mean the loss of anyone's lives. Let's go, if you really want me to change than we have to find someplace for me to do it at." 

uiHHXF8.jpg

Releasing her hand, he would set off for a nearby bridge that would lay across a large pond. His eyes caught the side of a smaller building that rested in the center of the pond. 'It is rather rude for me to do this, but I hope Baldur won't mind if I just search for a place to change right?' 

He slid open to the door to the building and found that a large dojo sat before him. Peering inside, he would find that none were in the room and he could make his way inside. His eyes light up as he walked to the center of the room where and emblem of a crane marked the floor. The room was clean and smelt of polished wood. A rack of the wooden swords Baldur had thrown him during their spar sat against a wall. He walked to the far side of the room where he found a wooden stick laying along the floor. It looked like it had been recently etched into with the name of Shay. A name had yet to hear of. 

His eyes looked to the wall where he would also find the name, "Crowzeph, Cordelia, Morgenstern, Teayre, Calrex, and then finally, Baldur." "This must be the names of everyone he has taught..." He mentioned quietly to himself. A lot of time and thought was put into this place. To him, it looked as if Baldur's idea of a house was a resort of higher learning. Both a paradise and a get-away from the rest of Aincrad. Where they could train unbothered by the problems in the rest of the existing world. 

Yamanbagiri.png?width=311&height=432'I'd better hurry. I'd hate to think for them to think that I was being uncivilized while everyone else is having the meeting.' 

He opened his inventory and scrolled for several seconds before he found the vanity item he was searching for. A kimono that he purchased from a tailor once for the sole purpose of in case that Baldur had wanted him to swear something traditionally fashioned during training. He believed that Baldur understood he wasn't originally from Japan, but if the man was nice enough to help him out he was show a little more respect to his values. As he pressed equip, a flash of blue light would surround his body, replacing his casual clothes with a dark blue kimono. "Alright, that just about settles it right?" He turned to Mina. "I'd hate to ask you something like this, but is there any chance you could save anything you have to say til the end of the meeting? Or maybe even after the boss raid? I duno, just here really isn't the place. The orange lady... she introduced herself as Mari. She was trying to be really nice in what she said. You can watch and everything... but just try to remain on the quieter side yeah?" He felt like a complete ass telling something like that to his girlfriend. If she got mad, he full well would deserve it. 

The two would return to the meeting, where it would seem that Baldur was getting prepared to take them into the meeting room. "Here we go" Jonathan would say with all the confidence he could muster. 

Baldur smiled at the sight of Mari running up to him in her Yukata. She had been the most reliable of the Pillars thus far, and for that he felt a pang of regret that so much had been foisted on her. Shortly after Mari ran up, Cordelia was not far behind either.

@Mari @Cordelia

"You both look beautiful... I... I didn't expect everyone to come dressed up, but I have to admit I'm honored." The gaijin gave a slight blush, not because of how beautiful the two women looked, but because of display of respect that coming dressed up like this showed to him.

"If the two of you could help welcome everyone and guide them all to the meeting room, that would be appreciated."

As soon as he spoke up, Ariel came walking up with the child in tow once again. Ariel greeted him with an old, affectionate title she had given him in the past. Ronin-dono. He smiled at her warmly at the title. He wasn't a ronin any longer. He had a guild, and a guild master. It was the purpose that he had sought. His smile faltered when she addressed Mari as a geisha. He wasn't sure what Ariel was trying to imply, but he was certain she was trying to imply something. Finally, Ariel asked Baldur for a moment of his time.

Mari was beginning to excuse everyone and try to corral them to the meeting room, but Baldur gave Ariel a slight nod.

@Ariel - The Crowned Lion seemed to decide that she didn't want to wait until later, and revealed to Baldur the sword she had received from the Shadow. None of them had talked about the drops they had gotten, but Baldur was surprised by this one. The dark smoke boiled off of the blade once Ariel unsheathed it and let Baldur examine it, but he was a hair faster than her and clicked the saya shut over the blade. It felt wrong much like the Muramasa did, and he didn't want to make a scene of it. 

I'm sure you're familiar with noroi ken (cursed swords) since you wield a Muramasa yourself, Baldur. This is what our shadow 'friend'... left in my inventory after we fled... or should I say.. 'cleared' the labyrinth. I have no use for this and even if I plan on taking the Katana skill in the future, it would be a waste to have it laying somewhere; unused. I wonder if like a true cursed sword, would it would draw someone to wield it. Initially I thought about having Karasu-kun safekeep it for me but he's still not high enough level to use it so... Until I get my grandmastery in the katana, I want you to have it as Crow's sensei, use it if you like and pass it on to him when you feel he's ready. It'll be a long time until I can invest in the katana skill." She then extended the sword towards him and smiled softly as she asked: "What do you say?""

She had been planning to give the sword to Crow? He didn't realize they were so close. This was a powerful gift. The samurai's eyes raised, and he thought back to the conversation he had had with Teayre, when she had given him the other cursed blade, the Muramasa. It had been too much of an influence on her, she believed. The sword gave on an addicting surge power, and she felt it had its own lust for blood. Since she had given up the sword, she had settled, calmed, and sought redemption for everything she had done. She had broken down before Baldur, having believed he was the only one who could use the sword without corruption. I wonder if that's still true?

He did always feel an itch to draw the Muramasa instead of his Warden's Fury every time he drew the blade.

The gaijin samurai reached out and took hold of the sword with Ariel.

"Thank you. I will make sure that it is put to good use."

Then @Shield was beside him, the man placing a reasuring shoulder on Baldur.

"Looks like we'll have to have the big ribbon cutting after the maiden voyage, so to speak." He gave the samurai a wry smile. "That is unless you'd like your present now instead."

Baldur looked surprised that the man had gotten him a gift, gotten the guild a gift? He wasn't sure.

"Thanks, but I think we should still have one, even if it is a little late. We've all worked hard for this, and I'd love to have a chance to celebrate it under better circumstances." He gave the mighty tank a warm smile, and then Shield went off to talk with Mari and Jon. The samurai was glad to see Shield approach Jon. The two of them had suffered from some poor communication. Baldur knew that the Pillar of Jacob's Ladder wanted to mend the bridge with Jon.

Then @tricolor_mina came up and asked Baldur for a moment of his time, but before he could answer, Jon excused them. As they turned to go, Baldur caught the edge of Jon's sleeve. "Jon is right. If it's good news, I'd love the chance to celebrate." Baldur had no idea what news they were sharing, but the gaijin had yet to meet Mina. He had only seen the finger prints she had left on his heart. He very much wanted to meet her and get to know her. "perhaps after the meeting, I'm sure we could all use something to raise our spirits."

The flood gates of people seemed to open, just as @Crozeph showed up and washed his face in the pond. The antics of his old friend brought a smile to his face, but he didn't have much of a chance to respond to him before Mari got his attention on the task at hand. She was better at this than she realized. Baldur was just going to greet everyone here, but the small wooden bridge and walkways were beginning to fill up.

Baldur opened his mouth to say something to Crow, when another frosting colored woman appeared and grabbed the man from behind. @Zajcica was another bright color in the riot of colors that was the nature surrounding his home, and another in the growing sea of Kimono and Yukata. It took Baldur a moment to realize the others working their way in also wore clothing appropriate to his own.

Are they doing this because of me and my house? It was unprecedented. He had been to so many boss meetings now, some pleasant, some tense. Some at the edge of swords, and some short and sweet. And now everyone was coming dressed up in clothing themed with Baldur and his home. To the samurai, it was a gesture of good will and respect that left him speechless for a moment when the woman spoke with Shield in a familiar tone.

If she was so close with Crow, he would need to meet with her. Instead, he offered her a warm smile as conversation and the mill of people pulled Crow and her away from him.

His eyes flickered around the growing crowd, he noticed @Pinball was there, and somehow the orange crystal above his head was a surprised. Did I know that? The samurai wondered. He remembered Pinball stabbing Hidden with his spear during the boss meeting, but that was justified in Baldur's eyes. Hidden had attacked Hirru, though the former knight's actions were not justified. He would have to inquire about that. He remembered Pinball and Hestia being close, though Baldur and Hestia were no longer friends.

"Hi Baldur." He heard come from the Berserk healer. He smiled warmly at @Zandra and waved back. He knew Zandra was solidly on Hestia's side in the previous spat, and while he didn't know where he stood with Zandra, she would always have his respect and friendship. He hadn't been certain if she would show up to this meeting, but knowing that she was invested took away an uncertainty that he didn't know he had carried. They only cleared the labyrinth boss because Zandra was there. If they hadn't have had here, it would have been impossible.

More people trickled in, but he didn't notice them. Instead, he saw that familiar blond hair and he lost track of all other conversations. She looked beautiful, wearing a fancy yukata in a wonderful blue with floral print. He smile gave him a feeling of confidence he didn't know he was lacking. How long has it been since she was at one of these? Was I even there? He saw @Lessa smile, and he smiled back, meaning to wave at her, when he realized she was smiling at someone else. She slipped her arm into that of another man, and then something clicked inside of Baldur's mind. All the way back on the 4th floor, she had mentioned some changes in her life.

So this is where that smile came from.

He felt a sinking feeling in his stomach, but then she began to draw them man over to Baldur, and he immediately put a big, warm smile on his face.

"Hey Baldur," Lessa greeted warmly. "Thank you again for hosting the meeting today. It was really generous, and your home is absolutely incredible. Seriously, it's just beautiful."

With her right arm still nestled in @Bahr's, her left hand patted his forearm gently. "I wanted to introduce you to my boyfriend, Bahr. Bahr, this is Baldur, one of my oldest friends and first mentees." With a quick laugh, she concluded, "You might just say I taught him everything he knows."

Baldur's smile twisted into an amused, lopsided smirk. "Lesson number one was never wake her up from a nap under a tree." The oceanic blue eyes sparkled for a moment at the first memory.

Bahr extended a hand for a shake and Baldur took it. "Pleasure to meet you, Baldur, Beautiful estate you've got here. Love the Japanese inspiration." Bahr's eyes trailed around for a bit, then returned to Baldur's. "Also digging the island aesthetic. Got a project of my own that I'm working on that's similar. Any tips?"

"Start small, and build up. I waited 15 floors before finding just the right one, and then when I thought I was ready, I wasn't. But now that it's hear, in a place that gives me so much peace, it's irreplaceable."

Baldur's eyes and smiled turned to encompass both of them.

"It's definitely worth the hard work and patience, finding that special place that gives you peace."

It was then that @Macradon suddenly appeared, somehow still wet and with his kimono half put on. The azure samurai looked surprised for a moment, not expecting the scene before him, before he laughed.

“Bal, I don’t know how you can wear these kinds of clothes, they get really drafty, I don’t think I can get used to this.” he said as he entered the gathering to see everyone who had shown up already, a good handful actually. Kinda flustered with his entrance, Macradon looked around and tried to adjust his clothing, but it still didn’t sit right “Oh hey folks, good to see you all.”

Baldur took a minute and helped Macradon adjust the kimono and tie the obi properly, then pulled the collar slightly to adjust it for him.

"There, hope that helps." He gave the silver haired warrior a warm smile, "Would you do Mari and I a favor and help get people into the meeting hall? That's the Guild Hall over that way." Baldur pointed to a large structure in the back with a large courtyard as well. "There are tables and chairs set up--"

The weeaboo lord couldn't tell what part of... that... he noticed first. Was it the smell that drew his eyes? Was it the anachronism that was the cart? For whatever reason, it completely derailed his train of thought.

He brought the taco wagon? Baldur's head spun for a moment, trying to figure out how @Oscargot the cart here without some kind of giant inflatable hot dog to fly up him here.

"Well, I suppose everyone can grab some food and head in. Mac, would you grab me a couple of carne tacos?"

Baldur scanned the crowd once more, trying to see who all was here. There were a few people hanging in the back, and he thought he saw the merchant @Raidou, whom Baldur had brokered a few deals with. He was glad to see the man here so he could receive the praise he was due.

This space was getting to critical mass, and with so many people, many of them orange, he wondered how long this blessed peace could hold. Hopefully, everyone would feel safe here in Baldur's home, and under his protection and the protection of the mutual respect he had with the other frontliners. As in meetings past, he doubted anyone would start anything. The lack of @Itzal showing up saddened Baldur. The boy had been a growing leader in the frontlines, and his absence was a loss.

"I have a meeting room set up in the guild hall this way. If you could follow Mari, Crow, or Cordelia, they can show you the way. We'll start shortly." Baldur so rarely raised his voice to speak, that it felt odd to try and shout above the low hum of conversations. "Feel free to pick up some tacos and head on in. We'll bring some tea or water by the meeting room as well."

I should have thought to plan this with him ahead of time, but we've never eaten at a meeting before.

This was a different type of meeting. This was a different type of boss. Hopefully this would be a different type of fight. Many of the faces here were new, or not old frontliners. Perhaps this meeting could be the first chance to bury some hatchets so they could move forward. They had been stalled out on floor 25 for too long.

Build a bigger table, not a taller fence, as the old saying goes. 

Edited by Baldur

"Yeh, it does." Mari said to @Cordelia as she reached out and smoothed down some of the wrinkles around the shoulders of Cordelia's outfit. "I'm glad you're wearing it - rather...everyone." Mari said as her eyes swept across those who had already arrived. "It's...really nice to see, it's like an unspoken sign of kinship. Or...." Mari scratched her cheek, did that sound corny? Crap. "Or - er....yanno something like that..." Mari mumbled as she tugged on her hair. Her flustered demeanour only increased when @Baldur called her beautiful. Sure, the compliment was aimed at the both of them but. Really? You have to do that to me! Oblivious dingus of a samurai. Mari thought as she coughed and turned her flushed face away from him. Mari couldn't let him see that these comments got to her. She made a promise...that her feelings wouldn't get in the way of guild matters and Mari wanted terribly to keep to that promise.  Still, she almost couldn't help but blurt out to him. "Y-You're looking handsome as always!"

Well, that went about as smooth as sandpaper.

Then, came a tumbling whirlwind of cotton candy. Mari had to admit, she was surprised to see Yuki at the meeting. Mari knew she was levelling quickly - but didn't think the pink haired tank had it in her to do a frontline battle. Maybe she had taken some time to have some inner reflec- oohhh  Mari hid an amused smirk as she practically bawled Crozeph over with an embrace from behind. That'd do it. So Mari's hunch was right, the two did like each other. At least they got all their misunderstandings out the way. Mari gave @Zajcica a small nod of acknowledgement, allowing her and Crozeph a small reprieve. After all, those precious moments...they were the most important. Blue eyes flickered down to her hands. She missed that - but - she knew she couldn't have that. Not now.

"Err..lotta people gettin' together lately, huh?" Mari asked Cordelia as her eyes shifted toward  @Bahr who didn't look all too happy to see her. She couldn't blame him, and wondered if he was still gunning for her to be locked up. At least he'd have the respect to not tackle her to the ground in a guild meeting. RIght?  Mari jumped slightly when she met his bi-coloured gaze. He gave her a look as if to say I'm watching you before turning his attention to one of the other PKers present. A quiet and shy looking kid Mari didn't recognize. Well, at least he has someone. Mari thought to herself. Mari laughed awkwardly, seeing Cordelia on friendly terms with him. "Would you believe his boar stole my dagger once?" Mari said in a forced joking tone. She was trying to ease the flustered tension that was rising in her pale ass freckled form. Her eyes darted back over to Bahr and the loner kid. Mari didn't know who he was but she could tell Cord hated him. Whoa, if looks could kill. "Damn girl..." Mari muttered under her breath.

Mari thought she saw @NIGHT dart in, she looked....uncomfortable. Mari shot her a concerned look. Was she okay? Did she not want to be here, or did she not know anyone here. Mari really only met her once - during an interview and....that probably didn't paint Mari in a very favorable light. Mari took a step forward, toward NIGHT to see if she could smooth things over, but was interrupted by Ariel.

"Cursed Swords...." Mari murmured in thought as she turned to see what Ariel was showing Baldur. Then there was the wording she used. "So the boss wasn't defeated..." Mari said quietly, so that only Baldur and Ariel would hear. That was....concerning. It just let them escape? "So we'll be facing a version of it again no doubt..." She muttered to herself. Sure - the blade looked interesting, and it reminded her of her time in the void -where she heard the whispering voices that surrounded her. But, Mari wasn't too focused on that. It was a gift from Ariel to Baldur - well, to Crozeph. It was a thoughtful gesture, and the best Mari could Muster to @Ariel - The Crowned Lion was a "Thanks. I'm sure he'll appreciate it when the time comes. N-Nice outfit by the way."  Mari added in an attempt to smooth things over, she wanted to do better - she really did. Her head turned away, clearly embarrassed at complimenting Ariel. Mari wasn't good with that sort of thing.

Lessa had approached now, with Bahr in tow - Mari had always looked up to the blonde woman, but had a strong feeling she probably didn't like Mari all too much. Mari couldn't blame Lessa. With how she acted in the past - it was a wonder anyone put up with her now. Mari felt a little awkward standing net to Baldur as Lessa introduced Bahr as her partner. "Y-You look nice." Mari said to @Lessa before shifting away. Allowing them to have their talk.

Mari noticed Arabelle approaching
oh thank f*ck for your timing you precious angel Mari excused herself from Ariel, Baldur, Lessa, and Bahr as she made sure to make @Arabelle feel welcome. "Hi Arabelle." Mari said with a small nod. "It's good to see you again." She had only met the girl once, by a campfire some time ago, but that time was pleasant. "I see you're familiar with Yuki and Crozeph." Mari smiled at the trio. "He'll be moving everyone into the meeting hall soon whilst the Pillars are greeting the others who are yet to arrive. If you need anything let someone from the guild know."

Macradon, oh precious Macradon - he came barrelling into the crowd dripping wet and disheveled. If Mari didn't know better she'd say he would have swam there. Mari excused herself from Arabelle and stepped toward him, getting ready to straighten him back up again but Baldur beat her to it. Macradon turned to her with a wide grin, nudging her as he asked if she'd bring her 'veteran' skills to the group. "I dunno about that..." Mari muttered as she tugged at her hair. "I'm fairly sure that most people here want me killed or imprisoned, but..." Mari reached out to him, placing a reassuring hand on his upper arm. "Are you okay? You seem frustrated."

Mari went to say more; but - Oscar arrived. With a damn Taco wagon. Mari face palmed. Normally, she'd chastise him, but she couldn't not when she saw the way Baldur react to it. He was like a puppy. Mari watched with a small grin as the man she adored flared his nostrils - head whipping back and forward. Eyes wide. "You'd think he hadn't eaten in months." Mari said with a light laugh as she patted Macradon in reassurance. "Crozeph is leading everyone into the guild meeting hall."

Mari watched as @Crozeph was doing just that, as he passed her Mari gave him a small pat on the shoulder.
"You're doing great." Mari said to Crozeph, he was no doubt nervous, he had told her he didn't do well with talking to people - but that was in part why Mari wanted him to lead them to the guild hall and its meeting area. That and he knew where it was - she didn't.

"You know...." Mari began aloud. "This meeting feels different. There is a heavy air of whats to come but...everyone is getting along...it kinda...makes you hopeful, doesn't it?" She asked Macradon and Baldur.

Edited by Mari

"Yeah..." Cordelia mumbled, agreeing to whatever Mari was saying absentmindedly. She still couldn't get over the fact that Bahr was on good terms with Pinball- er rather, good enough to not kill him right then and there. The longer she looked at the two, the more obvious it became that they still had not-too-happy feelings for each other. She would have to ask one of them - preferably Bahr - what exactly happened between now and the day he found out about that Kirbs girl's death later or she was going to lose it. 

She looked back at Mari and cracked a smile, something that seemed impossible with her current state of mind. "It is nice. It's been a while since I've seen this many people come together for something other than to boost their stats," she sighed, her eyes flickering from group to group of players before they settled back to the redhead. 

Cordelia nodded her head to Mari's comment. "Yeah, it seems so. That may just be because I'm expanding the list of people I know, but it's nice to see some form of hope in this God forsaken place," she said casually, smiling at the interaction between Crozeph and Yuki. So they are a couple!
@Mari

"Thank you." Cordelia beamed at her mentor's compliment. "It is pretty great, isn't it?" she asked, gesturing to all of the people in traditional Japanese clothing. "It feels like a festival."
@Baldur

"Oh, really?" she asked, smiling to herself as she imagined Swine Bajesus running rampid with a dagger clenched between his teeth. "There's never a dull moment when you're around Bahr and Swine Bajesus," she exclaimed under her breath, shaking her head and following up with a short chuckle. 

Cordelia looked around, wondering if anymore people were going to show up. There had to be more people, right? A very tall and familiar figure caught her eye, and she almost immediately face palmed herself. Of course Oscar would be attending. She'd almost forgotten that he was among the line of the newer frontliners, along with her and a few others. "Hey, I'll be right back," she chirped towards Mari, feeling her mood brighten up at the sight of her fiance. She squeezed her friend's shoulder softly before making her way over to both Oscar and his taco wagon - which she should've seen coming. It is Baldur's house after all. 

"No kimono or yukata?" she asked jokingly, giving him a teasing smile. "Nah, I'm joking. The day I see you in one of those is the day pigs fly... in real life," she paused, taking a second to think. "I think I've seen flyings pigs in here before... Anyway! When you're done serving tacos and stuff, head over to the meeting room, okay?" She gestured her head over to the path that leads to the meeting room. "See you there!" she exclaimed, giving him a warm smile before leaving to help the rest of the hosts and hostess. 
@Oscar

"Oh, hey soft-hands!" she would say as she walked over to the spot where Mari and Baldur were, only to see a very familiar face talking to them. "Sorry, I keep forgetting your name," she said bluntly, giving him an innocent smile. "Oh, right! You were the guy who was also staying with Baldur..!" she began suddenly, snapping her fingers together as she tried to remember who he was. "Uh - Cal... Calro..? Caldo? Waldo? Wall-e? Something like that. Anyway, you should totally help me prepare some drinks for the meeting. Maybe some tea or water?" She shrugged her shoulders. She wasn't sure what everyone's' preferences were, but some hot tea might be able to soothe the tension that was going to rise in this meeting. They didn't have to drink it if they didn't want to anyway! 
@Calrex

"Whatever, I'll just make some tea for everyone. Let's go soft-hands! I'm going to need an extra pair of soft hands to help me carry all of the cups back. I hope there's enough cups - ah whatever. We'll just make them drink out of bowls if there isn't enough," she would say half-seriously and half-jokingly, gesturing for the bluenette to follow her to the kitchen (because she totally knows where that is).

Edited by Cordelia

" I apre...." she momentarily paused, the moment she let go of the weapon. The blonde felt a heavy weight being lifted off her shoulders, one that didn't knew she had until the odachi was no longer in her possession. It felt like the heavy clouds hanging above her over the past days removed themselves and a rainbow surfaced... she let out a long sigh of relief. " I appreciate it very much and trust in your judgement. It was one of the reasons I agreed to have you lead this meeting." The blonde's eyes trailed to @Mari who didn't seem to be aware of the events that took place inside the labyrinth... She shot Baldur a questioning gaze, wondering why he didn't say anything to his guild then returned her attention towards Mari, slowly nodding as she whispered in slight concern: "Most likely..." Her face lit up afterwards, at first surprised then grateful for the compliment: "domo..."(thank you) she replied, her smile slightly increasing as she saw her turn in embarrassment.

Not wanting to add more, she put a hand behind Assassin's back and continued addressing their honorable host once more. Wanting to end this little discussion on a lighter tone: "I guess 'sensei' is a more appropriate title now from what Crow told me... I'll have to make you a new obi... maybe even a school uniform if you'd like. But I don't want to take more of your time as I'm sure you have your hands full." she paused and smiled, enjoying the ring of the word 'sensei'(teacher). "We'll be somewhere near the edge of all these people, eagerly listening to what you have to say. Let me know in any moment if I can be of assistance. Ganbatte, Baldur-sensei! "(Good luck/do your best!) 

With one final bow she turned around, noticing that @Assassin was acting rather meek, after a few steps she crouched and came to her level as she adressed her: "Are you ok Sin-chan? You barely said or did anything since we arrived. Nee-chan is starting to worry..." once again she looked around, thinking that the influx of player was one of the reason for her behaviour. She recognized a certain piece of clothing among all these japanese attires and smiled. "Is it because of all these people? Let's go somewhere less crowded." she added, gently guiding Assassin through the sea of people towards @Raidou's location. He picked a nice spot away from the clout and Ariel would come to greet him and offer him their company since he was standing there alone. In the same time, give the girl a little more room away from others and see what was worrying her.

"I didn't expect to see you here!" she claimed with a smile. "Are you on guard duty again, today?" she asked teasingly, coming up with an idea. But before that... "Raidou, I'd like you to meet Assassin-chan." she said with a smile, prompting the girl to take a step beside her. "She's.... let's say I took her under my wing... or would it be more correct... paw?" she tilted her head slightly and grinned, once again testing the alchemist's sense of humor. While waiting for some kind of reply from him she decided to act on the aforementioned idea. She hasn't done it until now because she was preoccupied with more urgent matters but now she could take her time and thoroughly Search their surrounding, much like she did with Raidou, not so long ago. Living up to her self-awarded 'Scout' title after doing several labyrinth scouts, she noticed a cloaked figure keeping distance from the rest. "Now why would someone sneak around ..." she muttered loud enough to be heard just by Raidou and Assassin.

She didn't finish her sentence as the coin dropped, a memory resurfaced. She had been doing the same not too long ago and was called out by Macradon when he spotted her. She decided to observe them for now. She however, tipped a short message adressed to @Shield who she assumed was in charge of guard duty just to mess with both him and whoever was trying to hide. After pressing send, she moved to a position in which she could keep an eye on the cloak while mingling with Raidou and Assassin. If the figure would turn and give indication that it looked towards her, they would see the blonde smirking and gently waving her hand directly after noticing their move.

Spoiler

"You got a cloaked figure using stealth on the premise. I'll keep an eye on them and have you informed of their movement. Probably just someone who really doesn't want to be seen... trust me I'd know; thought I should make you aware at least." XO -Ariel

Stealth Check: ID# 154765  LD:21 [14 +5(Search) +2(Detect)]
Found @Itzal

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

"What time is..."

A small yawn could be heard faintly echoing through one part of the guild complex, as one of the members of Jacob's Ladder had woken up from their nap. Ruffling his blue hair, Calrex gave a small sigh, opening his eyes. He had stopped in to the room Baldur had set aside for him and Teayre, mainly to take a quick rest before the supposed time for the floor raid meeting. It had been quite some time since the pseudo-tank had been to one of these. In fact he couldn't really recall the last meeting, if there even was one for the Leviathan boss raid. Getting to his feet he walked over towards the door, stopping for a moment as he heard the faint sounds of conversations, "Shoot...I guess I overslept a little. Probably should get moving over there."

Looking down at his usual garbs, a bead of sweat formed against the side of his head, "Knowing the setting, I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of people are likely going to show up in thematic attire for the area..."

"......"

"I only have one set of clothing that sorta matches...and that's my old training attire when I was practicing on the eighth floor mountainside..."

His hand met his face as Calrex recognized the awkwardness of it. While there was a cloak to go over, his upper body would be exposed, and there was some kind of shading effect to accentuate muscle tone, "That old man, I swear I don't know why he decided to have this be the training gear. Tch...fine I guess I'll just have to do my best to keep the top covered..."

Spoiler

Calrex_Training.jpg

With a swipe of his menu his clothing was replaced with the Japanese blacksmith inspired garment set. Flipping the cloak inside out so that the detailed pattern-work was facing outwards, the Ultramarine Knight fixed it around his neck, pulling the sides so that they remained set for the most part against his upper torso, "Let's just hope it stays for the most part."

Sliding the door open he made his way over to the meeting room, the bluenette heard the footsteps of the arrivals, listening as he heard @Crozeph usher them towards the room. Hearing the formality sent a feeling of stiffness up Calrex's spine as he stopped moving, stepping to the side for a moment so that he was out of sight, "Okay...I know this is supposed to be important and all, but now I just feel like I'm at some sort of executive conference all of a sudden."

Giving a small breath he calmed himself, shaking his head, "It's alright, you've done this many times before. It's not the first time your guild has hosted a meeting either, and you're not even in charge of running the actual thing anyway."

Taking a few more calming breaths, he steeled his senses, turning back forward and making his way towards the meeting room entrance. Seeing the familiar faces as they moved through the halls he gave a nod and a wave before heading over to where he saw @Baldur and @Mari were situated at the moment, "Looks to be a good turnout of people so far. Do you need a hand with anything at the moment? Seems like Crow's got people moving towards the meeting room for now."

It wasn't long afterwards that a familiar white-haired player approached, seemingly in surprise while greeting him with a...familiar adjective-turned nickname? A continuous string of sentences followed, but the bluenette was able to gather that @Cordelia was suggesting to help her make tea for the people in the meeting. Giving a calm smile he nodded, "Sure I can lend a hand with that. Also you were close, it's Calrex, heh."

Watching as she gestured to follow her, Calrex felt the bead of sweat on the side of his head once again. Calling to get her attention he directed down another connected hallway to the left of where she was heading, "Um...Cord? The kitchen is down this hallway. Here I can show you where it is."

"I wonder how long the soft hands comment is going to be a thing..."

Out of the many players who were here, and the many conversations that were being held, Itzal only knew a handful of them, and for others knew the rumors. Being a player who hunted player killers most of his time, he made it his business to know the rumors, legends, and facts about certain players. The perfect example of this was @Mari, who he turned to look at as she conversed with Baldur. While he never really met Mari, he'd heard all about her through stories and rumors and the like. He even heard a bit about her from Domarus during his interrogation. The way she acted however, and the way she spoke, felt contradictory to everything he'd heard about her. To him, this either meant she was playing nice or she was legitimately trying to change. He'd like to believe the ladder. He smiled a bit with a chuckle when he saw her fluster to something Baldur said. Perhaps he should meet with her at some point, and get her side of the story. His attention then shifted to @Pinball, his smile faltering. He didn't trust Pinball on several accounts. One was he showed no signs of changing, but the other was how unpredictable he seemed. Those people were the most dangerous in his eyes... What was more frustrating than his personality however, was the fact that he was near impossible to track outside of boss meetings or battles. And he wasn't about to cause a scene by taking him down here. Especially since he was at least attempting to help everyone get out.

Unless of course that was just a ruse. He didn't know what to expect from the guy.

When @Oscar walked in with a freaking Taco truck however, Itzal could barely contain his laughter. He wasn't sure who this guy was, but he really loved his style. It was definitely a way to lift people's spirits, and it most certainly would help fill everyone's stomachs. Which was also a great way to keep people from getting angry... Or more accurately, 'hangry'. He tapped his fingers to an invisible beat as he thought about whether or not he should grab one. In the end he decided he would, but he'd eat it later since this was supposed to be a boss meeting. When his eyes fell on @Morgenstern and @tricolor_mina however his posture would soften and a lonely smile would spread across his face. Those two seemed to have become really close friends since the last time Itzal saw them. He missed his friends, but he couldn't just break his cover now. Even still. He hoped he could find the time to talk with them again as Itzal, if only for a little while.

Then, the inevitable happened. As he gazed across the room, his eyes met with Ariel, who immediately waved at him with a smirk. So then, @Ariel - The Crowned Lion spotted him had she? He smiled behind the shadow of his hood, and gave her a small nod to acknowledge her, but didn't move otherwise. A while back, he didn't trust her because of what Hikoru had said. But with everything he had gone through, he began to change his mind about Ariel. He didn't really know much about her still, but he did know this: She wasn't the kind of person to just go out and kill players on a whim. While he didn't expect he'd EVER get along with her, he was perfectly fine with working with her on the boss fight. And with no truly cruel or murderous intentions, he really didn't see any reason to try and take her down.

Then @Baldur told everyone that they would be following @Crozeph to another room where the meeting was going to be held. Itzal decided to wait a bit until a few people started moving first, only advancing once he was sure he'd be in the middle of the crowd, keeping his eye on Morgenstern, Mina, Pinball, Ariel and, above all, @Zandra. Eventually he pushed himself from the wall and began to walk with the crowd. Without the shadows, he hoped that he could just melt into the crowd unnoticed, though those who did notice him would likely feel he just materialized out of thin air or something. The second Zandra started to join the crowd, Itzal would attempt to maneuver his way near her, still keeping his eyes on people of interest, and walk by her side.

ID# 154817  LD: 4+5=9
Stealth Count: 9

Claim had gotten a message from Baldur and had just lightly looked it over. " More people..... " He was the one for gathering but it was better that just laying around not doing anything. He did Know a few people that were going to show up. even if he did join the fight a little new never really killed anyone. He would get up from his bed and look over his small closet as it dawned on him I only have my armor. He was big on getting outfits. The Tight black long sleeved under armor shirt and his white kimono pants would have to do. He looked over at the rest of his armor as he just didn't feel right to no have it on He let out a small sigh as he got out a teleport crystal and crushed it to the 24 floor. 

Has he appeared on the floor He slowly mad his was to the fairy that departed to Baldur's house. He look at the house and was a bit shocked on how everything looked As he Got to the door he see most of the people that were gathering With a light small across his face he bowed to them and would make his way to the corner of the room. He was friendly just did talk much anymore.

The girl took hold of the umbrella, allowing Ariel to finally walk straight without nearly being pulled to the ground by the girl who refused to leave her side. She held it out in front of her momentarily to spin it in her hands, trying to take her mind off the event around them while Ariel had a serious conversation with the man they had walked up to. She honestly didn't have much interest in being here, but Ariel was someone that she followed around like a lost puppy these days. She made it easy to move forward without being scared of getting stomped on.

She would have been completely fine to interact with absolutely nobody this entire visit. She had only felt like a guest of Ariel's so she was too afraid to do anything in fear of someone getting mad at her Nee-chan, and cause crowds or random people could make anyone feel somewhat nervous. Even @Shield, one of the few faces she recalled but couldn't recall a name for had greeted her, reached her eye level to give her a welcome, but she could see how forced it was. Deceit wasn't something you could get past her, though she would never show her knowledge to anyone.

Nerves did come soon when a player she didn't recognize with sleek, beautiful hair and a stunning kimono bent down to greet herself. A smile was followed with such greeting. @Cordelia seemed to be attempting to assuage the child's fear of larger crowds, and it was actually somewhat helping. "H-Hi. I'm Assassin." Another time she let her mouth work before her brain. She probably shouldn't have used that name around a bunch of high level players who might get the wrong idea. Once their hand shake had ended, the tiny girl moved to the other side of Ariel, almost bumping into @Baldur in the process. She quickly shifted over and gave an apologetic bow. "S-Sorry."

After a few more moments, Ariel pulled the two of them over by a red cloaked man. Being on the outside of the crowd didn't really help her too much. The crowd itself is what made her most nervous. It wasn't that she feared anyone here, or because she had done anything wrong, she was just too nervous around groups of more than four. She took a seat on the ground for a moment, resting her feet against a wall behind her. "I-I'm sorry Nee-chan. People make me feel nervous. They all keep looking at me like I'm not supposed to be here."

When Ariel had introduced her to @Raidou, she didn't do much other than glance up at him. She was still sitting on her rear and resting her head into her knees, but she offered the man a wave. She didn't seem ready to be moving from her spot until they had to.

@Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Yuki was smiling as she reunited with Crozeph, but nearly as soon as she was able to see him again, he was being whisked away by someone to go and do something. For the time being, she would let him go to do the things he needed for his guild. It could look bad on him if she stepped on someone's toes.

That was when she was approached by @Arabelle. It was good to see more familiar faces, especially since many of them here weren't. "Arabelle! You look gorgeous in that kimono!" The paladin said with a bright smile, looking a little more closely at the design of the traditional Japanese wear. Her interest in the fabric didn't halt her manners, however, she still saw her friend's +1. "Good day, ore wa Yuki. Yoroshikune~"

Peering through the crowd while mingling with Arabelle and Edel, Yuki noticed a familiar head of hair. Like she could mistake it for anyone but her. Was she avoiding Yuki? Why not come up and say hi? Then she remembered how her best friend had trouble with some social interaction and disliked it most of the time. Nevertheless, that didn't stop her from going to try and cheer her friend up. She beckoned Arabelle to follow her.

As she walked by, she could've swore that she saw Mari give her a nod. Maybe it was her mind playing tricks on her, but she wouldn't let the repeat mistake she made resurface in a place like this. She had intended to leave it on the back burner, but she couldn't help but try to talk with the guilder leader. Keep it short and sweet Yuki.

"@Mari-chan." The pinkette smiled at the ginger-haired woman. The paladin seemed to be carrying a lax or unwound air with her. Completely opposite of what she had came to Mari with last time they saw each other. She looks like she's been taking lessons from Crozeph's sleeping habits. "I'm happy to see you again. Your kimono is beautiful. I just wanted to come over to say that, and to tell you that even if you're a little busy with your work, I think a lot of people would be pleased to see you smile a little more." With that, she gave the freckled player a small bow and a smile then continued on course to see the one who could maybe use a friend right now.

@NIGHT was edging the main group of the get together, seeming to actively avoid any interaction she could. Hopefully she would be okay with Yuki coming up to see her at least. Once she was within reach, she tapped Night on the shoulder and smiled as they turned to meet gazes. Her rosy colored eyes observed the girl's yukata. It was simple, like most yukata, but it really suited her. Night wasn't one to be fancy or anything. "Good day, Night." The girl chuckled lightly as that rolled off her tongue. "It's hard to say that without it sounding kind of weird. Are you doing okay? You're looking a little nervous. I understand if you don't feel like talking though." Yuki would wait on a response from Night before heading off to find anyone else she might know. Once she was done, she could return to Crow's side. Didn't want him to get nervous doing a bit of leading.

Another person she noticed was @Ariel - The Crowned Lion and @Raidou. She didn't know the players very well at all, but they were both notable. Ariel being a front liner, and Raidou apparently being the big shot of a guild that did it's best to arm low level players with the means to protect themselves. Ariel seemed to be attending to a child that was sitting on the ground like she had scraped her knees. Raidou seemed distant himself, not making much conversation with the white lioness.

Being on auto-path came with it's fair share of disadvantages. Like unwillingly running head long into something, or in this case someone. It was a good thing that @Cordelia was about 4 inches taller than her, or else she probably would have sent her to the ground accidentally. "Oh- my apolog- Oh Cordelia! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to run into you like that. Lost in thought and whatnot. Glad to see you hear, I'd be pretty nervous if there wasn't that many familiar faces." It seemed that now, @Crozeph had found his words and began to lead the people into Baldur's estate. "I gotta go meet up with him. He'll probably get nervous if I'm not there with him. Let's try to talk after the meeting." She said with a smile as she trot off to catch up with Crow.

Once she finally reached his side, he had finished his short summary. Everyone began to take seats on the mats provided with the small tables. "I hope I did a good job," The boy said looking down towards the floor. A curtain of pink free of it's usual braid brought his vision back up to her. "Hey, you did great. Let's find a seat so that your guild leaders can discuss things with the front liners." She said grabbing his hand and softly pulling him to a seat. She sat down at a table, expecting him to sit next to her to share it. No need for them to take up two tables when there was already so many people here. Not to mention, she would rather sit as close to him as possible. Once he was down on the ground, she shuffled her knees over to his side and held his hand. From there on, she would await the beginning of the meeting proper unless it would be further delayed for one reason or another.

There it was; the ushering. As the wave of players slowly parted to disperse, NIGHT could better identify a few familiar faces among the crowd. Easily, the first was Yuki, followed by Crozeph and -- was that Arabelle? Each of them looked rather comfortable in their choice of clothes. The matching furs of the two women really tied their appearances together. Meanwhile, NIGHT was fidgeting with her own. She couldn't wait to switch her gear off to her tracksuit at the soonest chance she'd get.

"I'm.. I'm fine," she divulged to Yuki when her closest aide inquired. The woman tucked back a lock behind her ear as she subtly tried to clear her voice. "Just-- too many people. And it's noisy. And I know nothing about the host... ugh."

"Can't wait for it to be over. Wish they'd hand out pamphlets or something, but conferences must be conferences."

She glanced towards Arabelle and Crow, tucking her arms into the sleeves of her yukata. To her memory, Yuki was well above Crow's level simply going off her recollection of their fight with Absolute Zero alone. Meanwhile, she hadn't taken Arabelle to be the type to fight on the forefront. Was it her own misjudgment? She'd definitely performed well enough to butt heads with NIGHT's own damage on their last (and only) adventure though. Mayhaps a glass cannon build was her own key.

"Don't suppose either of you two are joining the fight...?" Crow did make the speech after all. "--In either case, I'm glad to see you both here." At least that made two more familiar players for her own count.

NIGHT peeled herself away from the wall she'd been cozying with, eyeing the trailing players into the meeting room. "I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to discuss matters once the intel is out in the open. Talk to you three then?" Yuki was already on her way towards another side of the room, dragging Crow with her. Had the performer visited with another interested party? Good for her; NIGHT preferred to stay solitary. She followed a familiar silver-haired figure into the next hall, trying to keep her steps silent as to not bother her guild mate.

(Interestingly enough, a lot of the Tarot members were there. Was this more of their scene than her own? She had noticed Bahr lurking about with a mysterious male she'd encountered a couple of times, and then there was Lessa who stole him away to meet some samurai. Oscar had some out of place refreshments, and there was Mari, Raidou and Shield whom she could identify. Totally, they felt like complete strangers, so she [obviously] didn't interact with any of them after all. NIGHT definitely preferred to pick her battles where she could.)

When it came time to pick a table, NIGHT tiredly laid herself against one near the far end of the room. She'd mark out the unfamiliar faces from the troupe in her own head as they strolled in, opening up an empty mail interface to jot down notes when she could. Even if she wasn't fully committed to the idea of fighting with these strangers just yet, it was better for her to be prepared for what they had to say. Either her insight would make a difference, or her steel would help them in battle. Better to have tried than not have visited at all.

@Zajcica @Crozeph @Arabelle due to interaction.

Standing idle as far from the growing mass as possible with the feeling of a previous life and the ostracisation he had been dealt still ripe in his mind. It was alienating seeing so many faces he met only in passing all conjoined on one room, furthered by the fact that to some they parted with a harsh understanding. It would be laid to rest however, he would not attempt to prove himself or seek their approvals now. A changed man still coming to terms with the shift in perspective, but he would not speak until called upon.

An approach by Ariel brings him to alter the frames upon the bridge of his nose, with her a small child with hair that mirrored hers. "Hardly, I would hesitate to say that anyone here would be in need of a guard." he spoke not interpreting it as a joke but a query. "Assassin is it?" he spoke through obscured lenses and taking a knee "Keep your wits about you and stay safe." he could feel that nervousness in her, unsure if it was something that he had trouble with himself. Reaching for his bag, he removed additive to a concoction that had failed: Something intended to quell the taste of his rather aggressive Titan's Strength potions for Fox in particular. A small collection of lozenges akin to manufactured candy, he passes them to the child. "If your ever uncomfortable take one of these, and focus on the taste instead of those around you."

A word from Ariel causes Raidou to scan about, he replies as he had back when. "They have something to hide" with a glance to where the lioness was staring, picking up on the figure as well.

ID# 155078 results: Loot: 10 (Stealth Detection)

Edited by Raidou

As Bahr listened to Baldur's brief advice, he gave a nod. It hadn't really been anything that he wasn't expecting, but somehow Bahr still found himself a tad disappointed. Slowly build the property up? Bahr had already spent hours at his island trying to get it prepped, and he felt as though he hadn't even made a dent. Though, that disappointment was likely a folly of his own. What was he expecting, the secret sauce? That was Oscar's thing.

And speaking of Oscar...

He'd appeared with a cart of tacos? What? Seriously, a boss raid meeting was not the place for... Oh... Oh... That smell... Bahr felt as though, at any moment, he'd find himself lifted off of his feet and slowly floating toward the source of the delicious aroma. As though possessed by the essence of Elmer Fudd in an old Looney Toons cartoon when distracted from Bugs Bunny by delicious food, or through the sheer power of Red Bull. But alas, his feet remained firmly on the ground, and by the time his head had made it back down to earth he was graced by the sight of Baldur adjusting Macradon's kimono. Bahr was a tad confused, but offered Macradon a nod nonetheless.

Bahr glanced at Lessa. "Tacos?" he asked, slowly ushering them away from the pair and toward Oscar's cart. When the arrived, he regarded their guildmate with a wry grin. "Knew I could count on you," he chortled as he scooped up a taco with his free hand. "Lot of these people look hungry. Think you could make a pretty penny here. Though, I'm not sure what would be more out of place at a venue like this; tacos or hot dogs." Either way, Bahr was pleased to have his hand filled with food, and it appeared as though Lessa had grabbed a morsel for herself as well. He offered Oscar a nod. "See you in there. We'll save you a seat."

By the time they'd made it inside, most everyone else was already situated. Bahr scanned the room for a spot with three seats open, and led the pair there before it became occupied. He sat himself in the middle, with Lessa at his right, and made sure to keep an eye out for the spot on his left so that nobody took it. Eyeing NIGHT across the way, he gave her a nod before realizing that he'd been doing a lot of that since he got there. If he kept going, they'd start calling him the "Nod Guy." Or, at the very least, he'd develop a nasty crick in his neck. Realizing his mistake, he then gave her an upward nod, but it was an overcorrection. Now he just looked like one of those Japanese cranes that perpetually dipped forward and backward into the water.

There was no saving this.

"Erm, I've never been to one of these," Bahr admitted to Lessa, redirecting. "I might ask you a couple questions once things get started."

Even though it seemed that Baldur was busy greeting and talking with everyone who had arrived, he was quick to come to Macradon's aid and help him get the clothes on properly. “Thanks, even though I’m Asian, I’ve never understood these kinds of clothes. Are you supposed to wear something underneath or do you just let it be this drafty?” he asked Baldur just in case nothing was wrong about his attire.

Nodding his head at Baldur, Macradon would try his best “I should be able to manage that.” he said with a smile looked back over to @Mari. “Eh, some people want others killed, it’s just an evil cycle that never ends unless you do something about it, but I wouldn’t worry that much.” he replied with a shrug “I’m fine, these clothes are just … really not what I’m used to. And the trip over the lake was also somewhat exhausting, didn’t realize how little I’ve been swimming in this game, getting out of shape and all.” he said with a chortle.

Quickly glancing at Bahr, the kimono clad knight would nod back, they probably had a lot they could talk about, but that would be for another occasion, this was not the place for personal scuffles.

He nodded his head “Yeah, this meeting feels much better than the last one I attended … this one is more open to everyone, not closed off from the public where only a secluded chosen people could attend.” he sighed at the thought of that meeting but tried to focus on what was going on right now. In the corner of his eye, Macradon spotted a cloaked hidden person, he poked @Baldur and pointed towards the individual “That guy (Itzal) has just been standing there for a short while, don’t know if you know the guy? I don’t.” he said just as a nudge before he began helping Crozeph with getting everyone into the meeting hall.

“Alright everyone, let’s try to find enough seats for everyone, I don’t know this place very well, but Cro here knows the place, so just follow his lead!” he said out loud to everyone. While trying to help people find the way to the hall, Macradon would keep a close eye to the clouded cloaked person, especially since they approached Zandra “I don’t want to bring out a weapon right now, so I hope that guy doesn’t have any ill intentions going in …” he thought while sighing at the thought of anything screwing up at this meeting.

Passive Stealth Detection: 15 - @Itzal Spotted