[OP-F24] Casting a long shadow <<Floor 25 Boss Meeting>>

People went around the table, offering their support and possible positions. Some people. Others were staying silent, for whatever reason - Mari couldn't exactly blame them. The meeting was large - but she still felt a little frustrated. Whilst this was going on Mari lifted her hand and opened her HUD as the conversations continued. She best put things into her skill set. Mari blinked. Seeing the large amount of unused skill points sitting thereOver a hundred.... Course, she had always been inattentive to those sort of things. But after her discussions with Shield and Baldur Mari knew what she needed to do. Mari first bought a mod increase slot - not that she needed it. Then proceeded to Purchase First aid, along with Field Medic.  Sharpness would have been nice, so would the barrier. "Mmmm..."

Mari turned to @Shield "Hey, think I should get this barrier thing too? Kinda worried my energy consumption is gonna be awfully high this fight."  Mari turned back to Morgenstern - as he bought up a really good point. "Ahh..." Mari shifted her gaze to Macradon. Didn't he mention something about those chains? As her thoughts wandered, Macradon confirmed her suspicions. 

"So we want everyone to have the capability to heal..." Mari paused and nodded her head in thanks toward @Zandra "Thanks for the crystals. This enables every player to have a full stack of recovery crystals. So each group would ideally have everyone with full healing crystal stacks, a glowstone user, DPS, and Tank." 

Mari glanced at the new list in front of Baldur. Her brows furrowed, feeling a little irked. It seemed so....empty in contrast to the players here. "I get that it may be a little soon to start talking about groupings right now..." Mari muttered. She knew she'd probably cause the ire of many of the people here- but they probably already disliked her anyway.  "But honestly, we're not gonna get anywhere like this. Would it be so hard for people to at least list what roles they're capable of? Why be here if ya'll gonna sit around?"

She  bit her tongue, the words sounded...more callous than she intended. "Sorry I just-" Mari paused and took a deep breath, she glanced over at Baldur. What she'd give to be able to remain as calm as he did. "I currently have no issue with the proposed groups." He had placed her with her best friend, Mari wasn't sure if that was intentional or not, but Mari knew she worked well with Macradon. 

"It'd be wise to consider the players who aren't able to make it to the meeting, have positions open for them to jump in on - but you've already kinda considered that. So.." Mari drummed her fingers against the small table. "I don't have anything further to add."

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chains, shadows, dragons, and some dude named Orgoth. The list goes on and on and from what this raven-haired player could deduce, the glow stone was the only thing that could give them an edge aside from the stats that all of them worked hard for. It also seemed that the situation involving @Zajcica has calmed down, now he can focus on how to attend to the guests yet somewhere deep down he wanted to join. He was afraid, probably since the facts laid down by Ariel and the others are all against odds for players of his level "I could work it out but with the way I am now I'm not sure if I could make it" he thought. Yuki would definitely survive, she was already getting all the stats she needed to be a good tank, that doesn't mean it would be an easy survival game and if someone like her along with Baldur and the others who were at the scout barely made it out then Crozeph would definitely be eradicated off the battlefield before situations could even turn hot. "I could ask Oikawa for help in training me…" it struck him all of a sudden. One of the most capable players that he knows was not in the room. "Damn it why didn't I noticed sooner. He looked at Mari and tried to see if he could get her attention but the only thing he could do was maybe send a message to her.

To: @Mari
Hey, where's Oikawa? I didn't notice right away but I was expecting him to be here

The stakes were also quite high with the talks of possessing players. It seemed impossible for Crozeph but inside Aincrad, anything can be possible, including bakeries with cats as bakers (maybe). There is also this list of what role would anyone take. Crozeph held Yuki's hand as he swiped and looked at his stats, a disappointing stack of skills not fit for a support type of player "why am I even looking at my stats? I'm not supposed to join" he told himself. If he could gain levels fast enough to reach tier 3, that would mean doing quests at the speed of light. "Should I? or maybe I can sit this one out" he thought as he closed his stat menu. He gave a deep sigh as he continues to ponder whether he'll join or not, his laziness once again backfiring at him.

"I'm not sure about this," he said as he looked at Baldur's list "I'd fall in the DPS section of this raid and that is if I could muster the courage to join," he said to himself, keeping his voice down or else he might get unwanted attention if they saw his level "there's a bunch of people I could entrust my life on but there's a fine line between that and being a deadweight" such thoughts swirled in his head.

"Contradictions, what a pitiful soul but you and I both know what you'll do and how stupid you can be that it's laughable and scary at the same time."

Crozeph placed his name on the DPS part of the list, along with Yuki and someone named Morgenstern "They don't seem to have a healer yet" his eyes fixated on his name "hum, quite hypocritical Crozeph, you don't want Yuki to join but we both see your name just below hers, trying to pull a stunt that costs your life?" his own voice was already mocking him as if trying to discourage himself. He bit his lip, he wanted to talk about volunteering with the healing and support but right now, he feels like a tadpole in a room full of big fishes. He continues to hold Yuki's hand as soon as he finished staring at the list.

Team 1 Team 2 Team 3 Team 4?
Tank: Shield Tank: Ariel* Tank: Macradon* Tank: Morgenstern*
Off Tank: Baldur* Healer: Zandra* Healer: Mari Off Tank: Yuki
DPS: DPS: DPS: DPS: Crozeph
DPS: DPS: DPS: DPS:
AoE: AoE: AoE: AoE:
Edited by Crozeph

Everyone continued to discuss what might happen, what would happen, what should happen, what would be brought, and so forth. He had chosen to remain silent throughout most of this, given that he didn't have too much to add, and he was already unpopular with some of the people here already. He hadn't missed the glares and daggers thrown his way, even if he chose not to respond to them. However he was a little bit irritated when he saw the list they handed out, the second list to be precise, only to find that he wasn't on said list, even when he wrote himself on the previous list as a DPS and off tank should things go south. Did they just forget him? Or did they genuinely dislike him that greatly? He honestly had no idea, but he wasn't going to make a big deal out of it. So long as he could fight alongside Zandra he was fine. So when the list came his way he spoke plainly. "As I've said before, I can play as a DPS and can play as an evasive off tank if players need cover while escaping. I think I have a taunt item in my inventory somewhere." As he inserted his name into the list, he made sure to be put in Zandra's party. If anyone argued he'd simply tell them the truth: He wouldn't participate if he couldn't be in the same party as her. It may be selfish, but he wanted to make sure he would always be there for her, and vice versa. Nothing would get in his way of that.

Team 1 Team 2 Team 3 Team 4
Tank: Shield Tank: Ariel* Tank: Macradon* Tank: Morgenstern*
Off Tank: Baldur Healer: Zandra Healer: Mari Off Tank: Yuki
DPS: DPS: Are (Itzal) DPS: DPS: Crozeph
AoE: AoE: AoE: AoE:

• 2 weeks later...

Zandra glanced at Macradon and silently  grit her teeths. What was he saying? He don’t want to be go into the supporter role because he want to get his hands dirty. Well, this wasn’t a magic based game, there wasn’t really a backline and healing spells like in your typical mmo. Well, it wouldn’t add anything to the meeting for her to start an argue about it. Thou she would probably mention it to Itzal after the meeting. She had learned how dangerous it was to keep stuff to yourself and carry it alone. One day you would have to much and it would explode. Or that was how it was for her.

Zandra thougth for some minutes before she once again spoke up. ‘’I think I should change what I meant a bit earlier. Yes, I can supply you with mass heal crystals. But if you need mass heal crystals, you need to drop by at my store. It is free but so I make enough but not way to many, you need to drop by and pick up your own set of 5 mass heal crystals. I have to take my leave now but…’’ she looked at Baldur.’’…you know what I can do and I will follow your order.’’ She said, took a few steps and took back the glow stone and left. On the way out she passed Itzal. ‘’Sorry, some stuff said made me irritated and I have to go. Don’t really have anything else to say that will add anything to the meeting. See you at home.’’ She whispered so only he could hear.

-Zandra leaves meeting

• 2 weeks later...

Discussions continued, about how best to handle the situation at hand - possible possession. Player roles and groups. Then, one by one - people thanked Baldur for hosting, and began to leave. There was still so much left unanswered though - just how many frontliners would make it to the boss battle itself? IF the meeting was any indication - their numbers would be between 10 and 20, but anything close to, or over 20 would be nothing more than hopeful dreaming.  Both Raidou and the Aincrad Trading Post guild had offered their support via healing items - enough so that every single frontliner would hold the maximum capacity of crystals.

But - that wasn't the only issue. Players would still need teleportation crystals, antidotes - and more. At this stage, all Mari could do was chew her inner cheek. Worried. Not for herself, for she was ready to face whatever may come, but for the others. The hopeful dreamers who had lovers, mothers, and lives waiting for them outside.

All one could do...was wait.

-MEETING ENDED-

REWARDS

Baldur  6 Posts  2 SP+ 1 Bonus = 3 Total 69 col
Mari  8 Posts  2 SP +1 Bonus = 3 total 69 col
Cordelia  5 Posts  1 SP +1 Bonus = 2 Total 69 col
Ariel  6 posts  2 SP +1 Bonus = 3 Total 69 col
Morgenstern  3 Posts  1 SP + 1 Bonus = 2 Total 69 col
Shield  3 Posts  1 SP + 1 Bonus = 2 Total 69 col
Crozeph  5 Posts  1 SP + 1 Bonus = 2 Total 69 col
Assassin  3 Posts  1 SP + 1 Bonus = 2 Total 69 col
Pinball  3 Posts  1 SP + 1 Bonus = 2 Total 69 col