[PP-F6] <<DHA - The Jade Hatchling>> Hunters Back in BUsiness

Quest

Mari didn't exactly dislike the floor; but she couldn't say she liked it. The floor smelt like a wet clump of weeds and made you sweat like a lump of cheese that was left out on the bench too long. Still. She wanted to get back into the quest; finish the line - and both her and Macradon had a much needed break from the series of dragons. They got to grow, experience things - and in Macradon's case - eat giant chocolate event eggs.

Still it was a bloody side better than a floor of active volcanoes and molten lava.

Mari had already sent Macradon a message inviting him out. Now it was just a matter of waiting. She sat on a low hanging tree branch. Her orange attire sticking out like a sore thumb in the lush green landscape - Macradon also had the skill to find her; so Mari generally took advantage of that - being lazy with organizing meeting locations with her friend. But he wouldn't mind, right?

@Macradon

Spoiler

General
Level: 73 | HP: 1490  |Energy: 146

BATTLE COPY
Mari    [H:0/0/0] - HP 1490/1490  | EN: 146/146 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA:3 | ACC: 4  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |

SKILLS
Rank 5 Weapon (+5 DMG)
-Weapon Mod: Precision (+1 ACC)
-Weapon Mod: Ferocity (+1 DMG)
Rank 5 Charge (+5 Damage -1 ACC)
Charge Mod BULL RUSH: Successful charge stuns target 1 turn
Rank 5 Light Armor (+25 MIT)
Light Armor Mod Athletics -  Gain +1 base damage and +30 HP when wearing light armor
SURVIVAL
Rank 5 Battle Healing (5% of total health rounded down start of each turn)
Familiar Mastery Expert - +1 (*Tier) Damage - +9 Damage

EQUIPPED
Name:
Bleeding Lance| Item Type: 2H Assault Spear Tier 3
Enhancements: 
Bleed 2 | Damage 1
'Bleed Damage of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10'
'Burn Damage' of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10 - Unmitigated

Name: Beacon Necklace | Item Type: Pendant | Tier 2
Enhancements
  +3 ACC 

Name: 
Infernal Shadow | Item Type: Light Armour | Tier 3
Enhancements: 
 +2 Eva | +1 Flame Aura
'Effect: Prevent (6 per slot * Tier) damage per slot from successful attacks against you. Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (5 per slot * Tier) unmitigated burn damage to the attacking enemy.

Edited by Mari

It had been a while since they last went dragon hunting, and a lot had happened over the course of multiple events going on, it was quite the havoc that was spreading everywhere, even that one weird fever dream he had, it was so weird. He would shake his head and not think too much of what had happened and focus more on what was about to happen. He had received the meeting place, though somewhat vague. Getting up to the 6th floor, Macradon was quick to find his ginger accomplice and would wave at her “Hey Mari, been a while since we last went on these duo adventures. I don’t need any setup, so I’m ready to rumble.” he said with a broad smile and got closer to his friend. “This floor isn’t really my favorite, too damp, too mushy, it irks me the wrong way, but the dragon’s here … so let’s get this over with, right?” he said with a smile, drew his sword, and got into a defensive stance “Just activating this in case anything attacks.” he said and got his Riposte ready.

Stats

Spoiler

DynamicMac_v2_narrow.png
Macradon - The Imperial Topaz Level: 88
Stats HP: 1805
NRG: 189
ACC: 2
EVA: 0
DMG: 19
MIT: 107
REC: 6
FRT: 36(21)
FRZ: 6(2 turns)
VMP: 180
Equipped Items - Blade of the Bloody Dictator // +12 Holy, Phase, 180 Vampiric Offensive
- Silverlight ................ // +72 Mitigation, +36 Frost Thorns, +6 Freeze Damage
- Templar's Necklace ......... // +6 Recovery, +1 Accuracy

- Belphegor: Fighting Familiar // +9 Damage
Battle Ready Inventory - Empty inventory slot ....... //
- Empty inventory slot ....... //
- Dimensional backpack
- Empty inventory slot ..... //
Buffs - Rested ..................... // -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of
each combat.
- Filling .................... // Increase the effectiveness of a single food item
consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slots.
- Relaxed .................... // Increase Out of Combat HP regen by 15(5 * Tier) HP
and decrease full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat
posts.
- Col Deposit ................ // +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10%
bonus col from treasure chests.
- Buff name .................. // Buff effect.
Skills & Mods - Two-Handed Straight Sword .. || Rank 5: +7 Damage.
- Precision ................. // +1 Accuracy.
- Ferocity .................. // +1 Damage.
- Finesse ................... // Rank 3: Decrease Energy Cost of attacks by 3.
- Heavy Armor ................ || Rank 5: +35 Damage Mitigation.
- Athletics ................. // +1 Damage, +45 Health.
- Searching .................. || Rank 5: +5 Loot Die, +5 Stealth Detection.
- Reveal .................... // +2 LD when searching for dungeons and labyrinths.
You may also search for a sub-dungeon or labyrinth
every 15 posts (instead of 20).
- Tracking .................. // Allows the user to track previously-encountered
monsters, NPCs, or other players. Negates all
bonuses to the target's Stealth Rating. After
tracking, your first attack against the tracked
creature cannot miss. Cannot be used in combat.
- Battle Healing ............. || Rank 5: Heal 90(5%) each post In-Battle.
- Fighting Spirit ............ || +1 Hate generation.
- Fishing .................... || Use a dice roll to fish something up based on the
natural CD result.
- Hiding ..................... || Rank 5: +5 Stealth Rating.
- Vanish .................... // Use in combat post action to stealth. Free action
in combat to stealth if target has been slain.
- Surprise Attack ........... // Cannot miss from stealth. +3(1 * Tier) damage on
first attack.
- Extended Mod Limit ......... || Rank 3: +3 Mod slots.
- Parry ...................... || Reduce incoming damage by 50%(rounded down).
- Justified Riposte ......... // Stun attacker for 1 turn.
- Energist ................... || Add 15(5 * Tier) Energy to your max pool.
- Charge ..................... || Rank 5: +5 on initial hit.

- Disguise ................... || +1 EVA for one turn.
- Survival ................... || Heal 45 HP when our of battle.
- Familiar Mastery: Fighter .. || Rank 3: +9(Tier * Rank) Damage.
- Meditation ................. || Recover 15(3 * Tier) energy with post action.
Reduced to 10(2 x Tier) energy if you are hit
before your next round.

"Ugh Right!?" Mari said as she slicked back her hair, pulling the sweat from her forehead. "It's such a nasty floor, but I'd say I prefer it here then yanno...teetering on the side of an active volcano and strolling along a river of molten lava." 

Mari pushed herself off of the tree branch with a 'Hup' and pulled out her weapon. Giving him a wide grin. "Looks like we both can AoE now - maybe after these dragons we should do another big ass loot thread. I need to fill my guilds coffers. Maybe get myself a kitchen upgrade in my home." Mari gave him a nudge. "Anything you lookin' to buy?" 

Mari hefted her spear to lean on her shoulder, the damn thing was about the size of her, so she'd either use it as a walking stick or prop it against her. Otherwise she'd be dragging it around in the ground. "well, the location of the dragon should be just up ahead." Mari took a few steps forward then gestured for him to follow. "C'mon, let's walk and talk. How have you been keeping up. Kinda missed having you around." Mari began. 

@Macradon

• 2 weeks later...

He nodded in agreement “Yeah … rather a damp dank place than a literal burning volcano … still sucks though.” he said and sighed heavily. Looking over at Mari, the knight would smile at his friend “Sounds nice to have you on the Two-Handed Weapons now, I’m not saying they’re superior or anything, but they are.” he said with a lighthearted chortle “I respect those that keep themselves to One-Handed Weapons for their own reasons, but I still like these big weapons, I think I’m just too used to them now.” he said and glanced down at his sword.

He began to walk, just like Mari did, but also continued to talk “I don’t really have much sight on what to upgrade my house with yet, but I want it to be something useful for me and possible guests …  and I don’t actually think I’ve had other guests over other than my fiance, never had any reason to.” he said while focusing on the road in front of him leading to the dragon. “Shouldn’t be long before we spot it.” he hoped.

"It does suck." Mari agreed as she pulled out her spear. It comprised of a long wooden handle, stained a deep shade of red - at the very tip was a tiny golden shield insignia - finally the blade. Well, blade. The tip looked like a hypodermic needle. Mari swung it around to stick the needle like point into the ground. She felt like she could be picking up rubbish along a highway or something.  She snorted at his assumption on how two handed weapons were inherently better. "Oh my dear, sweet, best friend Mac." Mari began. "I'm not saying that you're an idiot. But...you're an idiot."

She nodded when he mentioned his house. "I keep having people over!" Mari said exasperated. "I don't even invite them!  I swear one time I went to return home and Crozeph was just casually napping in front of my door using a pile of snow as a pillow."  Mari shook her head. "N-Not that I guess I mind the company but...I mean..." Her grip on her spear tightened. "It's...a little overwhelming, having all those people over - it feels like a constant stream of people are seeking me out for one reason or another, and ...." Mari didn't voice the last of her thoughts.

Why me?

Mari turned to Macradon. "I still need to have you over at some point. How can my best friend of all people be the only person who hasn't come over yet?" She asked. "But - I guess I haven't seen your place either, right?" Mari offered him a toothy grin. "It's not in a safe zone or anything like that yeh? Maybe we could go there after?" 

@Macradon

• 2 weeks later...

He chuckled at Mari while rubbing the back of his head “Ya’know, that really hurts because it’s true. I am an idiot for the most part.” he said and shrugged with a smile “And still people choose to rely on me leading charges, raids, teams, parties. This idiot, leading anything, that ain’t working. I’m not fit for any leader roll, all I do is make people like their presence and fight, that’s all I’m good for.” he said with a rather melancholy tone to his voice.

He chuckled “And I barely have company over at my place, it’s fun how things are changing. I have no business since prominent Blacksmiths have finally risen to the top as well, I’m slowly phasing out, the new generation taking over as they grow strong, it’s nice to see things grow like this.” he said with a broad smile.

He chortled “Good thing: I want you to come over when you can. Bad thing: it’s in the Town of beginnings.” he said with a grin “You were pretty close to my house back when Bahr brought you over to my shop that one time.” he said, remembering back to that incident.

Mari reached out and gave Macradon a slow pat on his back. "Don't feel too bad. I'm kinda really stupid myself. I've..." She pulled her hand away sighing. "I've done a lot of stupid sh*t. Things I hate, things I regret - and I keep putting my foot in my mouth when I talk with others. Maybe that's why we work so well together, birds of a feather- or so the saying goes."

Mari's smile faded when he said that was all he was good for. "You're wrong, yanno." She said quietly. "You're good for far more than you realize. I mean..." She started playing with a tendril of ginger hair. "If it weren't for you..." She paused as she stepped over a large fallen log. "I wouldn't be here. You know that, right?" Mari asked as she turned to look at him. "I'd probably be locked up or dead. At the very least, you're really good at helping me ground myself. At not hating myself." She turned her eyes forward - they were nearing a small clearing, good - so the dragon was nearby. "People rely on you because you are fit for a leader roll- even if you don't agree. Others do. A lotta people look up to and admire you. Myself included."

Mari groaned, her hand moving to her face as she shook her head at the mention of Bahr. "Don't remind me..." She mumbled. "I have nightmares about that tiny boar of his attacking me with my own dagger. Literally."   She dragged her finger across her throat. "Shhclick - Damn piece of pork always ends it like that." Mari fell silent. She didn't want to voice that she felt she deserved it, and that was probably the worst part of the dream. She knew she didn't deserve what she currently had.

"I uh...dunno if I could visit if its in the Town of Beginnings." 

@Macradon

He smiled and gave Mari a small pat on the shoulder “I think I’ve just been blinded by so much of what’s around me that I barely know what’s within me. I don’t see myself as a leader, last time I did the raid fell apart.” he said and hesitated for a bit but continued nonetheless “If people see me as an inspiring leader … I guess I’ll just do my best to live up to their expectations.” he said with a confident tone, ready to take it head on. “Responsibility has never really been my thing. I got third in Command of my currently dead guild, and have been asked to take the role as Vice Commander multiple times, even encouraged to take it by the Commander himself and my peers in the guild, and even now, when I’m the only one left in the guild, I don’t want to be Vice Commander, it’s like a cursed position in this guild.”

“If you don’t like coming down to the Town of Beginnings yet, you don’t have to, I won’t force you, take your time. We could just have a stupid slumberparty at yours to compensate for only being able to visit your place.” he said with a cheeky grin.

@Mari

"It's all towns though. Until I'm green I just don't feel right waltzing around them. I know other orange players do I just...can't bring myself to."  Mari shrugged and offered him a grin. "But hey, slumber party at mine sounds pretty fun. I'd offer s'mores in front of the fireplace - but I think I'd be happy if I never saw a marshmellow again."

Her smile faded when he bought up his guild."You've complained about that guild for a while now..." Mari said thoughtfully, she had been meaning to bring the topic up to Macradon - but wasn't sure how to broach it. Now - he had placed it firmly and neatly in front of her - on a silver platter - covered in strawberries

"I know we've talked about your thoughts on leaving....but - why not join my guild. You'd be around familiar faces like Baldur, Oikawa and Crozeph." Mari jutted a thumb toward herself. "And well, me. I doubt I'd be going anywhere anytime soon. I know you'd be welcomed. Heck..." Mari snorted. "They kinda asked if you'd be interested..." Mari paused to wipe the sweat from her brow as she drew a heavy breath. "I wasn't sure if I should approach you or not. I didn't wanna seem like I wasn't genuine or somethin'  yanno?" She aked as she turned to him. "Even if you didn't join my guild- err...our guild. I'd still advise you to leave that sinking ship. It's too much for you Mac." 

@Macradon

• 1 month later...

He nodded “I can see where the problem becomes a thing. If you don’t feel comfortable or even worthy of entering them yet, we don’t have to press it on.” A slumber party could be fun at Mari’s cottage on the fourth floor, and the thought of fireplace snacks brought a smile to his lips, even though Mari wasn’t as fond of the glaring imagery of the chubby bunny incident. The knight chuckled “Yeah, there’s a lot to complain about, and I’ve just been sitting by the sidelines, not wanting to take any responsibility in any decisions and all that … and it just makes me feel more of a catalyst to what happened with it. I could’ve made a difference, but I didn’t.”

He smiled a big smile at Mari with her talk and invitation to join the newly found Jacob’s Ladder. “I’m happy that you invite me with open arms like that, but this ship has already sunk and is striding by the bottom of the ocean, and I’ll be piloting this ship till its very end. So much has been made of ruin by the former vice commanders, and I want to clear all that up once and for all before I give up the helm of this ship to its genuine owner again.”

He tapped his fingers together lightly before beginning to walk out again “But I’ll take it into consideration. Say to the others that I have to think a bit before making any major decisions. Joining a guild might hinder my possibility of opening up the school, but we’ll see.” he said with a chortle.

Mari gave Macradon a quiet nod. She didn't feel worthy. "I...don't think I'd ever feel like I deserved that." She muttered silently to herself. Being able to feel safe and comforted in a town? Away from mobs and other PKers, in a no-kill zone. It...sounded nice, but... she didn't deserve that. Mari wrapped her arms around herself as thy walked. Macradon voiced his frustrations with his guild. Even going as far as to blame himself for parts of it. "Mac..." She said, exasperated. "You shouldn't be so ready to blame yourself. You're the only active member in the guild. You can't carry the entire weight of it on your-" Mari bit her tongue. Letting him continue. She still felt he was placing too much upon his own shoulders. 

"Guilds be damned Mac...that sounds painful and lonely. Is that really-" Mari abruptly stopped when she realized how condescending she must have sounded. "Sorry. No, yeh. I get where ya comin' from. Thanks for...yanno, taking it into consideration."

"Y-you think?" Mari asked as he mentioned that joining may hinder his school. "Mmm...." Mari hadn't considered that. "I'd...like to think that joining wouldn't hurt your school...but - if you're seeing a way where it would then I trust your judgement." Mari offered him a reassuring smile. "You know I have your back with that school, regardless of what you do."

@Macradon

• 3 weeks later...

He nodded understandingly “No matter how much I would tell you you’re worth it, I guess you wouldn’t believe it yourself, so I won’t bugger you too much with it. If that’s your world view, I don’t want to force you to change it.”. He snickered and smiled “I know I can’t, I know I shouldn’t, but I am doing my darndest. The guild had brought a lot of joy and opportunity for me, and to see its name being dragged through the mud like that because of some stupid management, I just feel like I need to bring it to a better standing.” he replied “No matter how much I hate those that ruined the guild, it’s still my guild.”

He smiled and threw a thumbs up “I just want a proper building to have training sessions, racks full of training weapons, dummies for fighting and whatnot. These buildings are addons to guilds, and only a type of registered guild. Buuuuuuuut if I just tried to get something else out of it, I might be able to make it work out at Jacob’s Ladder.” he said with a chortle.

“Anyways, let’s get back to dragon hunting.” he said with a confident and battle ready tone.

"Right!" Mari said with a grin. It was nice to hear from Mac - he wasn't forcing some point of view on her, he wasn't telling her how she should feel. It was...nice. It was probably why Mari always felt so relaxed around him. She knew he was there for her if she called, and he knew the same was reciprocated. There were no expectation between them beyond anything more C9t_xJetBDdsiWczPeBU-7PaKi6C_6Fb7I440kcSthan each other. "It's not that - uh..." She scratched her cheek. "It's not that I'm not trying just-" She drew in a deep sigh. "It feels like I take one step forward and several back. Somethings always been thrown at me. But - you're right."

She stopped in her tacks as they finally arrived at their destination. "It's time to fight some dragons." She paused as she glanced down at the barely hatched dragon, inwardly wincing. "Even...if..." Her confidence wavered. "Even if its....a teeny tiny baby dragon." Why was this a quest? This was just painful. Mari took a few steps back and activated her charge skill and a sword art. And with that she ran up to the dragon ready to strike

"Chirrup~♡"

Mari stopped in her tracks at the cute sound the dragon made. "I-I..." She lowered her spear and gave Macradon a pained look. "It's too cute."

@Macradon

Action:   Charged [x14] Imperial Southern Cross (16 Energy) - Six rapid stabs, followed by a powerful finishing thrust at the opponent.
ID:168122  BD:2 + 4=6-3=3 MISS

19 + 5= 24 x 19 =456 - 90 =266
Mari    [H:0/0/0] - HP 1490/1490  | EN: 143/146 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA:3 | ACC: 4  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |-2 EN

Enywas -| HP: 350 - MIT: 60 - ACC: 2 - EVA: 2 - DMG: 95
Abilities:
<<Hardened Skin>> : Immune to Paralysis and Bleed effects. -30 Damage done to this boss, this does not count as Mitigation.

Edited by Mari

He nodded, somewhat hesitant at the thought of slaughtering baby dragons, even though he hadn’t had any problem roflstomping those smol lizards before, this time though, it was like Mari’s innate affinity for these small creatures had rubbed off on him. He would take in a deep breath and follow through after Mari had engaged onto the dragon. But just as much as Mari just had to resist the urge to hit the cute baby dragon, Macradon couldn’t get in a proper position to attack with Mari in the way.

Clicking with his tongue for himself, Macradon deactivated his sword art and sidestepped to lead his momentum somewhere else, but still ended up close to the dragon. As he stopped his movement, the small dragon tried its best to fight the dangerous and menacing knight that had just appeared up besides it. With its small maw it latched onto the frosty cold armor of Macradon and frostbite began to spread out on the dragon in a rapid flurry from the contact point, dealing a small amount of damage to the small creature.

The pain from the cold discouraged it from biting deeper and backed away from the knight to keep itself away from the apparent danger. "If we just let it attack me, It'll kill itself ... but it's gonna be a painful long endeavor, so let's just take it out of its misery asap." he pleaded to Mari.

ID: 168125
BD: 4+2-1-2 = 3 -> Miss.
Sword art used: Miss!

ID: 168126
MD: 8+2=10 -> Hit!
Attack: 95-107 = 1 Damage

Mari    [H:0/0/0] - HP 1490/1490  | EN: 143/146 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA:3 | ACC: 4  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |-2 EN
Macradon [H:1] - HP
1804/1805 | EN: 187/189 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 107 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 2 | BH: 90 | HLY: 12 | VMP.O: 180 | FTHR: 36 | FRAUR: 6 | PARRY | -1EN -1HP

Enywas - HP: 314/350 - MIT: 60 - ACC: 2 - EVA: 2 - DMG: 95 (-36)
Abilities:
<<Hardened Skin>> : Immune to Paralysis and Bleed effects. -30 Damage done to this boss, this does not count as Mitigation.

• 3 weeks later...

"See!" Mari said to Macradon, exasperated. Although she was really quite relieved she wasn't the only one who was having trouble. "It's one thing to do it a few times, but this entire quest!" Mari waved her free hand around dramatically. "This entire series of quests is just 'Oh let's just kill all the cute lil' baby dragons!'" Mari sighed as she slapped her forehead. "I'm just waitin' for it, the final quest is gonna be like, all the mother dragons, a hoarde of them! All attacking us at once. Just you watch." Mari said, pointing at Macradon. "Just you watch!"

But...Macradon was right. It'd only keep hurting itself if they both delayed. Mari pulled up her spear again, and it flashed a brilliant yellow ready to unleash her strongest sword art against it. Mari then charged forward, ready to swing her weapon. But as she went to impale the baby dragon it rolled over onto his back. "W-Wha!?" Mari went to try and stab it again, but once more - the baby dragon rolled over. 

"H-How am I supposed to....urghha!"

@Macradon

Imperial Southern Cross (16 Energy) - Six rapid stabs, followed by a powerful finishing thrust at the opponent.
ID:170570  BD: 3 + 4=7-2=5 MISS

Mari: [H:0] - HP 1490/1490  | EN: 143/146 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA:3 | ACC: 4  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |-2 EN
Macradon [H:1] - HP 
1804/1805 | EN: 187/189 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 107 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 2 | BH: 90 | HLY: 12 | VMP.O: 180 | FTHR: 36 | FRAUR: 6 | PARRY | -1EN -1HP

Enywas - HP: 314/350 - MIT: 60 - ACC: 2 - EVA: 2 - DMG: 95 (-36)
Abilities:

Edited by Mari

He could see the errors of their way … just murdering these small creatures. He tried to shrug it off, like the many other times he killed creatures in this game, like the other times he just cold-bloodily destroyed creatures with fell swoops. He raised his sword for another attack and quickly brought it down with his Galaxy Destroyer once again, but as the attack landed, the small dragon that had attached itself to the frosty knight easily dodged the blade without letting go. The small dragon let go after being tossed around and feeling the cold itch it once again, it skittered away but still had its eyes locked on the knight. It wasn’t comfortable fighting, nor was it comfortable actually running away, because turning its back could lead to obvious sucker punches that could lead to death. It stood its ground, but still looked afraid as fuck for this entire ordeal, being jumped out of nowhere and being hurt by trying to defend itself. He looked at the small creature and couldn't really do much about it, he just stared, with a mix of disgust and empathy for the digital being. He couldn't even get himself to reply to any of Mari's comments, he was stuck staring.

@Mari

ID: 170583
BD: 4+2-2 = 4 -> Miss!
CD: 5 -> No Proc.
MD: 3+2=5 -> Miss!
Sword art used: Miss!

Mari: [H:0] - HP 1490/1490  | EN: 143/146 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA:3 | ACC: 4  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |-2 EN
Macradon [H:2] - HP 
1804/1805 | EN: 186/189 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 107 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 2 | BH: 90 | HLY: 12 | VMP.O: 180 | FTHR: 36 | FRAUR: 6 | PARRY | +1EN -2EN +1HP -1HP

Enywas - HP: 314/350 - MIT: 60 - ACC: 2 - EVA: 2 - DMG: 95
Abilities:

"DO...you think we're doing something wrong?" Mari asked Macradon as she kneele down to stare at the Dragon baby closely. "I mean - we're trying but we still can't seem to bloody...hit this thing. With a cute roll, or a small duck of its head we seem to be missing it." Mari sighed as she placed her head in her hand, shaking it with exasperated frustration and exhaustion.

"We haven't really had any issue with any of the pups up till now. Maybe we were too confident with our skills. I dunno."  Macradon hadn't responded to her questions, and Mari wondered if he was okay, she glanced up at him, worry laced her tired blue eyes.

"Hey...are you okay?" Mari asked. "If this bothers you we can take a breather, come back to this a different day." Mari offered him a small smile, in an attempt to reassure him. "We could go back to my house and I'll show you where I live."

@Macradon
Imperial Southern Cross (16 Energy) - Six rapid stabs, followed by a powerful finishing thrust at the opponent.
ID:171054  BD:3 + 4=7-2  MISS

Passive: +1 EN
Mari: [H:0] - HP 
1490/1490  | EN: 142/146 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA:3 | ACC: 4  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |-2 EN
1804/1805 | EN: 186/189 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 107 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 2 | BH: 90 | HLY: 12 | VMP.O: 180 | FTHR: 36 | FRAUR: 6 | PARRY | +1EN -2EN +1HP -1HP

Enywas - HP: 314/350 - MIT: 60 - ACC: 2 - EVA: 2 - DMG: 95
Abilities:

Edited by Mari

“I guess that’s just the nature of this fight … or all of these fights. I was hoping to get desynthesized to all the slaughter of lesser small draconids … but it ain’t helping …” he said and took in a deep breath “Maybe if I just imagine …” he said and mumbled “that it was just one of Tesseleth’s many stupid hatchlings …”

Raising his sword the knight went in for the attack, cleaving with a heavy hew, striking right through its scaly exterior and crashed into the soil below it, emitting a loud thump as his sword dug down into the ground beneath them. Not taking any chances of running away, the small dragon latched onto Macradon again, biting down with ferocity but was only met with the same ferocity in cold frost that spread up its body, lingering even after it had let go and evacuated from Macradon.

ID: 171500
BD: 8+2-2 = 8 -> Hit!
CD: 3 -> No Proc.
MD: 9+2-0 = 10(11), Crit +1! -> 96-107 = 1 Damage to Macradon!
Sword art used: 19x13-60-30 = 187 Damage to Enywas!

Mari: [H:0] - HP 1490/1490  | EN: 142/146 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA:3 | ACC: 4  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |-2 EN
Macradon [H:4] - HP 

Enywas - HP: 130/350 - MIT: 60 - ACC: 2 - EVA: 2 - DMG: 95 -6 Frost Aura [2/2]-
Abilities:

"Is it really such a bad thing though?" Mari asked Macradon. "The fact that we yanno - feel this way, it means we still are all inherently human." Mari reached out to him and gripped his upper arm in a reassuring squeeze. "Sometimes, I think we need that reminder - of our humanity, ya know?" Mari turned her gaze down to the dragon. "Because if we don't we may end up loosing ourselves one day." 

Mari released his arm to hold her weapon with two hands. With a quick activation of her Sword Art she managed to impale the tiny dragon, over and over - with her eyes forced closed as she tried to shut out its tiny, feeble cries of pain. Her heart hurt doing this. Still. It had been defeated. Mari exhaled as she cautiously opened her eyes. 

"Well....guess that's done..." Mari picked up the remnants of the babe - the quest item to continue this hellish path, and some col. Mari chucked Macradon his share.

"You know Mac - for what its worth...I find you one of the most human people in here. And...uh....You're one of the people I care about most." She coughed a she turned away from him. "I mean, who else has the patience to put up with all my bullshit? Ehehahh..."

@Macradon

BD:171502  BD:8 + 4=12-2=10 HIT
19 x 14=  266 - 90 = 176

Mari: [H:0] - HP 1490/1490  | EN: 142/146 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | EVA:3 | ACC: 4  | BH: 72 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |-2 EN

Enywas - HP0/350 - MIT: 60 - ACC: 2 - EVA: 2 - DMG: 95 -6 Frost Aura [2/2]-  -176 DAM
Abilities:

Edited by Mari

“Aye, that’s the light side to this frustration. We’re still human. We’re not desynthesized robots … we still feel. Yeah, it’s not that bad when you frame it like that.” he replied with a smile. It was nice having someone like Mari to take him off his possibly more logical way of thinking, but really not a human way of thinking. “Yeah … you’re right.” he replied, thinking back to the time when he wasn’t even hesitating beating a young child just because it was part of the raid boss. Maybe it was just a digital program that just acted like a kid … but it was so real that it could’ve easily just been a kid he had beaten up if it wasn’t because of the digitally tinted glasses of SAO.

Mari hesitated when she went in for the killing blow, but that’s what humans do, feel empathy for something that looks helpless, we have the innate instinct to protect what one finds to be precious. He chuckled at Mari’s closing remarks “I care about you too. You’re a dear friend to me. You’re worth sticking up to, feels like I can spout whatever bullshit at you and you’re always coming with something positive out of it, I like it.”

ID: 171530
CD: 10 -> Recovery Proc!

Macradon - HP 1805/1805 | EN: 189/189 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 107 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 2 | BH: 90 | HLY: 12 | VMP.O: 180 | FTHR: 36 | FRAUR: 6 | PARRY |

Thread Completed
Acquired:

4 SP (2Quest +1Page +1COVID) to Both
600 Col (800Quest +400Page) to Both
<Enywas’ Jade> to Both