[PP-F22] <<Ugzeke The Mighty>> The Guest in the List

"Finally the quest instruction ended..."

Crozeph was navigating the streets of Underdark as soon as he finished listening to the dark elves and their problem, some kind of troll. He looked like he got an earful of their own problems which seemed like they won't be finding a solution anytime soon but the fear of having a monster roaming around was enough for them to ask help from the humans or players who they don't trust. "What would be the most appropriate line for that?" he thought as he sat on a bench somewhere near the teleportation plaza. "desperate times call for desperate measures or Modern problems require modern solutions" it was probably a really hard quest but Crozeph didn't mind he had two players to help him with on this one.

He also had another reason, to have Yuki and Baldur meet properly. He and the Pink Paladin had already talked about getting married and they're planning to take a quest which would mean they are engaged and then get married after the floor boss battle. He didn't know how to do it, the only thing he knew is that he wanted to marry Yuki, and with that, he wanted someone who was like a mentor to him. It's not like Baldur trained a lot but the Gaijin Samurai always had his respect. If only his father was here things would be easier. Azide would've been another person to ask but he won't be showing up anymore.

Crozeph then began typing his message to the two who he wants to do it with, it was more like a meet rather than a quest, with Yuki as a tank, Baldur and Crozeph can already deal with it. "Let's just hope things would be easier for me now, I wanted to make this work out good."

To: @Zajcica

Up for another quest? I found one which you might have done but I've got another idea for us to meet again. See you soon

P.S. I miss you even though I wasn't even gone that long

To: @Baldur

I've got something only you can help me with, there's this quest which we can do plus I want you to meet someone. You're the only person I could only call for this.

journal.jpg.dd908019a2fd2a253791f9168e2f3a14.jpg

Crozeph [Level 36]
  | HP: 720/720 | EN: 72/72
  | ACC: 4 | DMG: 14 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 44
  | FREEZE +1 | RECOVERY +2 | 

** Rank 2 Merchant - The Night's Watch
** WARNING: Mitigation cannot fall below 0!
  Hide contents

[Equipment]

• Lamina De Skadi [T2 Rare]
    -- Freeze +1 
    Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot) or natural successful attack rolls of 8-10 (2 slots) remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Frozen opponents lose any evasion properties. Striking a frozen enemy before the effect ends will end Freeze and deal an extra (12 * Tier) unmitigatable damage. [Must hit to activate the status condition.]
    -- ACC +2
    -- 
    A katana with a black hilt and an azure blade like a clear,  blue, lake water. The name translates into "Blade of Skadi" a goddess who also represented hunting and winter, signifying its use as for hunting or attacking foes by freezing them. When equipped, the user 's breath will be like one who is breathing in a cold place and the freeze effect is seen as some kind of water splashing that freezes upon contact with the target.
  • Cloak of the Oath
    -- MIT +2 

-- EVA +1
    -- A
     black haori who belonged to a vice-president of the Shinsengumi. Enables the wearer to withstand attacks and also evade it.
  • Caster's Mystic Code
    -- Recovery +2

-- ACC +1
    -- 
    A platinum band for the wrist with runic inscriptions worn by a Babylonian king who had access to magecraft. This item gives a boost on accuracy and ability to restore energy to cast more spells just like how the previous owner wanted it to work, it glows a vibrant blue when it activates through the lettering.

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• x1 Liquor of Light
  • x4 T2 Perfect Fiery Dragon Roll [MIT]
  • x4 T2 Rare Udon Bowl +2 ACC
  • x4 T2 Rare Mochi +2 LD
  • x4 T2 Rare Ramen Bowl +2 EVA 
  •  
  • Dimensional Backpack

Skills

Hide contents

Mod Count: 2/5

1. Katana | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Finesse R3 Precision 
  2. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 2/5 
    > 
  3. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 2/5
  4. Curved Sword | Passive | RANK 1/5
  5. First-Aid | Active | RANK 2/5
  6. Extended Weight Limit | Passive | RANK 0

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Meditation | Active I +10 EN
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3

Misc. Buffs

Hide contents
  •  Relaxed | Passive | House buff
    >  

Edited by Crozeph

Yuki blinked at the message. Crozeph was doing quests on this floor? Well thank god he messaged her. This boy would get himself killed if he didn't tell her these things. Quickly, she scarfed down the dragon rolls, having gotten used to their spicy flavor by now enough to eat them quickly and grabbed some extra vanity copies of the foods to bring to Crozeph. He always loved it when she brought him food.

Once everything was ready, she started to type out her message to Crow.

Hihi

On my way!~ I'm always here if you need a shield, so don't go forgetting that, okay?

PS: <3

She smiled as she tapped send, picked up her weapon and donned her gloriously shiny armor. The Underdark would be bright as the sun with her in it today. She had to wonder though: What quest was Crow looking to do? If it's that high of a floor, she should come prepared.

@Baldur @Crozeph

Spoiler

Name: Zajčica
Level: 50
HP: 1090/1090
EN: 100/100

Stats:
Damage: 3
Mitigation: 209
Evasion: -1
Accuracy: 2
BH: 54+30
BLD: 36
H.M.: 2
REC: 1
THRNS: 54
TAUNT

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Durandal (T3/Perfect/OHSS): ACC II; BLD I
Armor: Charlemagne Rouge (T3/Perfect/Heavy): Heavy Momentum II, Rec I
Misc: Casa di Logistilla (T3/Perfect/Shield): Thorns II; Taunt

Skills:
One-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 1]
Heavy Armor [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Block [Rank 4]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Defender

Mods:
Athletics
Stonewall
Shield Bash

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal*1
Immolation+2*9 < Using
Ration+2*10
Ika Shogayaki(OH III)
Fiery Dragon Roll(MIT III)*4

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Tasty: Turn 2 identical food items into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Tanos Statue: +15 Mitigation for a thread.

Baldur rubbed at his chin in thought as he wondered what it was that Crow could possibly need his help for. Whatever it was, only Baldur could help him apparently. And there was someone he wanted Baldur to meet as well. Given what had happened at the floor boss meeting, this could only mean one thing. Baldur was to meet Crozeph's girlfriend. It was the only thing that made logical sense.

I'm happy for him, that he found someone that can get him up from his naps and moving forward.

Baldur took the long route form his home to the teleportation plaza and down to the 22nd floor. He had remembered this place, and not fondly. He didn't enjoy the underground floors. But he would enjoy the company, and that was enough to bring him back down here. As he appeared in the plaza, he spotted Crozeph, and made his way over to the man.

"Konbanwa, my friend. How are you? What's this thing that only I can help you with?"

Baldur:

Spoiler

» Baldur, The Gaijin Samurai vWKwiqS.png

• Modified HP: 1430
  • Modified EN: 140
  • Modified MIT: 79
  • Modified ACC: 5
  • Modified DMG: 21
  • Modified EVA: 2
  • Battle Heal: 72
  • Search: 0
  • Temp Buff: +2 Damage | Rare T2 Potion
  • Temp Buff:
  • Temp Buff:
  • Temp Buff:
  • Temp Buff:

» Base Stats

• Base HP: 1430
  • Base EN: 140
  • Base MIT: 79
  • Base ACC: 5
  • Base DMG: 19 (with fighting familiar)
  • Muramasa Base DMG: 22 (No bonus from familiar)
  • Base EVA: 2
  • Battle Heal: 72 HP
  • Search: +0

» Items Equipped:

• Warden's Fury - Absolute Accuracy/2 Paralyze
  • OR Muramasa - +12 Damage
  • Montsuki haori - 54 DMG MIT/+1 EVASION
  • Emerald Matagama | Perfect | +3 Accuracy
  • Hammerspace Backpack (HB) +1 BR item (allows stacks up to 7)

» Battle-Ready Inventory:

• [empty]
  • Basic Teleportation Crystal x1 | Good Item | Teleports player to the Town of Beginnings
  • Max Mass HP Recovery Crystal x7 | Perfect T2 Item | +30*Target Tier (30/60/90)
  • Max T2 HP Recovery Crystal II x5 | Perfect T2 Item | +180 HP
  • Safeguard Potion x3 | Perfect Tier 1 | Safeguard
  • HB: Max Vitality Snack x2 | Rare Tier 2 | Grants +12 Energy
  • EWL: Medium Antidote Potion x1 | Rare Tier 2 | Immune to negative status effects for 2 turns
  • EWL: Muramasa 
  • EWL: Emerald Teardrop - +2 ACC/+1 EVASION
  • SC: Fragment of the Pillar | Boss Drop | Glow stone without requiring to be equipped

» Skills:

• Battle Healing | Rank 5/5 | While in combat, recover 1% per rank (45HP) at the beginning of your turn
  • Charge | Rank 5/5 | +1 base damage per rank (+5 damage) once per opponent per combat
  • One Handed Curved Sword | Rank 1/5 | Novice
  • Katana | Rank 5/5 | Grand Master
  • Light Armor | Rank 5/5 | +25 Mitigation
  • Concentration | No Ranks | Gain +1 BD for a single attack | 5 Turn Cooldown
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter |  3 Ranks | +9 base damage (Does not stack with equipment)
  • Survival | Purchased |  Increases out of combat health regen to (15xTier) 45 per post
  • Extended Weight Limit | Purchased | Increases Battle Ready Inventory by 3
  • Parry | Purchased | 3 Turn Cooldown | 5 Energy | Reduces incoming damage by 50%
  • Quick Change | Purchased | Swap Equipment as a free action | 3 Turn Cooldown
  • Extended Mod Limit | Rank 2 | Increase Active Mods by 2
  • Meditation | Purchased | Recover 15 Energy if not hit, takes a post action
  • Fighting Spirit | Purchased | 1 Hate on a miss, 2 hate on a hit, 3 hate on a crit

» Mods:

• Athletics: +1 DMG +30 HP
  • Katana Precision: +1 to Accuracy
  • Katana Ferocity: +1 damage on katana sword arts
  • Sprint & Acrobatics: +1 Evasion
  • Finesse: Rank 3 | -3 Energy cost to sword arts
  • EML: Bull Rush | Stuns target on successful charge
  • EML: Emergency Recovery | if dropped below 25%, heal 10% once per thread

» Housing Bonuses:

• Rested: -1 EN on first 2 uses
  • Tasty: Turns 2 food into feast for 4
  • Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread 1/month
  • Filling: Add 1 extra tier 1 slot to food
  • Item Stash: +1 BR item slot
  • Relaxed: OOC regen 5*tier, recover EN out of combat after 2 turns in lieu of 3
  • Angler: +1 Mat when fishing

Edited by Baldur

Baldur's arrival was expected, he would always arrive either a little early or on time. Now that the Gaijin Samurai is here, they will only wait for Yuki's to get there soon "yeah I've got ahold of some quest, it's quite simple. We look for some kind of troll and kill it" he told him. It may be simple but Crozeph had another thing in mind "to be honest I'm just trying to find a way for you to meet someone" that was part of his message to Baldur earlier. He scratched his head and tried to find the words until Yuki arrives "I'm sure you've met her in the boss meeting and seen a bit of her personality but I want to formally introduce her to you."

"You know me Baldur, I hardly invest in things like liking someone or loving but now that I've chosen to..." he felt more relieved than he expected "...I wanted for you to meet her since you're the only person who has been an older brother figure to me and also as my sensei in swordsmanship and also, I don't know what to do about relationships like this" he added. Anytime soon and Yuki will be here and he wanted her to meet him. He could've asked Mari but she already knew Yuki and what he said was right, Baldur was a person who he saw as an older brother plus he knew of Tyger, Baldur can definitely help him with this.

The paladin was back on this floor. Floor 21 had really captivated some memories for her. It wasn't where she initially met Night, but it was where they really started to learn more about each other. Not to mention escaping those dark elves on horse back and fighting in a moving carriage. It's not a memory she'll forget easily.

But now it was time to create new memories.

As she approached the area Crozeph told her to meet him, she noticed an extra katana. Long brown locks and a blue haori? Had Crozeph invited Baldur too? A strike of nerves shot up the paladin's neck. Baldur was someone important to Crow and she didn't want to look like an idiot in front of Crow's friends. She needed a moment to- Nope Crozeph has seen her at this point. She took a deep breath and did her best to calm the antsy feelings in her chest.

"Oi!" The girl called out, her armor reflecting the dim light of the cave as she approached. A large smile painted on her lips as she stopped next to Crow. Now what does she say? Leaving it on 'Oi' would be awkward. "I-I remember you from the meeting, Baldur-kun. Your house was so lovely, it made me feel right at home. I guess I should introduce myself formally." The girl took a deep breath, hoping she wasn't saying anything stupid.

"Ore wa Yuki, yoroshikune~" She started. "I am a tank that will gladly offer my shield to the front lines. I have met the standards you laid out in the meeting, except for having purchased Howl. I am currently working on gaining the skill. Lastly, I am the one who makes sure this sleep-head has a place to sleep safely and food to eat." A glance to Crozeph offers him a smile. "So was this just a message to meet Baldur, or are we actually going to quest?" She asked giving a look to Crow. Don't talk too much Yuki, you'll look over eager.

@Baldur @Crozeph

After Yuki had introduced herself, but suddenly gave her a deep seikeirei. While his eyes were downcast he spoke.

"I am terribly sorry for how you were treated in my home. What you did was brave, and while I know many people there wish only for your safety, it was inappropriate and should not have happened."

He finally rose to his full height, which normally let him tower over everyone else. He was easily head and shoulders taller than Yuki, but if anything, his height came from the warm smile and the care shown in his oceanic blue eyes. The gaijin samurai seemed to have a ready smile for everyone, though the one he showed Yuki now was slightly embarrassed and sad.

"You did exactly what I asked of you. I am sorry it become such a condemnation of the character of the frontlines. It needs to change, but there are always elements that we can't cull without making them private meetings of the elite. It is an unfortunately balance to walk."

He turned and smiled to Crozeph, trying to pull him back into the moment.

"So we have some big monster to slay, eh? That's excellent. It's been a while since we went on an adventure together, my old friend." He clapped a hand on Crow's shoulder amiably, and flashed a smile to Yuki that left everything else in the conversation behind. Baldur was relaxed, jovial, and ready to adventure. His once oceanic eyes, however, had now hardened to steel blue.

"I can't wait to see what you've been up to, and to see your girlfriend here in action. I hope you've chosen something suitably challenging." He raised an eyebrow questioningly at Crow.

Crozeph's azure eyes lit up as soon as Yuki arrived. He had been acting strange and anxious around her the past few days but he is always happy to see her, it felt like he was slowly moving forward in his life inside Aincrad after being alone for so long. He moved towards her she introduced herself to Baldur and chuckled as she also mentioned about giving him a place to stay even though there are times he is sleeping in Baldur's house. "Well looks like we've made the proper introductions, we can get started now if you..." he heard Baldur speak about what happened in the meeting and one word sent a sharp sting to him, condemnation. "I'm one of those people, I acted selfishly and didn't realize I was also condemning her," he thought as he looked at her.

He placed a hand on her head and looked at Baldur "I'm sure she'll be fine in the frontlines, Yuki is a tank not just in her build. Her presence will be of help for you once it happens" he told him with a smile. It was painful, he was afraid but he can only trust Yuki and he wants to entrust her to Baldur, even if it seemed too much to ask. He made a decision and he's here to help her be more ready for it.

"I'm not sure what is challenging for you any more sensei, I think this one will put up a decent fight for you," he told him as he begins to lead the way while gently holding Yuki by the shoulder "it's my first time doing this quest and I'm guessing your first to Baldur so I have no idea how big it will be..." he looked at Yuki, the one person who was basically scouring the floors for quest right now "... do you know something about this troll the elves are having a problem with?" he asked.

@Baldur @Zajcica

"Please. You should hardly apologize for other's mistakes. Shield said his peace and it should have been laid to rest when you spoke back up. You have nothing to be sorry for." Yuki decided to leave it at that. There was no point in dwelling on the past, everyone wanted they're opinion in to either protect her, or to show that she is capable enough to help.

"This boss is a rather easy one from what I remember of Cordelia fighting it. There aren't any special mechanics to him, just hits really hard. I do remember him taking on a much more raging appearance, but he never got a good hit enough on that girl for me to judge the difference in damage. I doubt he can get through my perfect guard in any case." Yuki wasn't trying to sound confident, but she did have a sort of cockiness to her. She believed in her build in the same way Shield did. With proper planning, nothing could ever defeat her. The floor boss was likely a different story though, this is why all she could do was continue to level and show every one that she could do fine.

"Do not worry boys. I am your shield for this fight, and I will not falter." They walked through the tunnels of the underdark for some time until the stomping of the massive chunk of muscle rumbled throughout the cavern. This would be a good time to show Baldur what she was capable of so she will be sure not to screw it up. "Alright, I'm going to make the first attack. Once I have the things attention, feel free to move." She smiled at the the both of them walking up to the boss, not even drawing her weapon. 

The beast finally took notice of her, but it didn't really seem to care to much that she existed, or it didn't really realize that she was here to fight? Either way she would start this fight off then. She removed the sword from it's sheath, slashing it in his direction, but somehow missing his form. Well, this was going well already. Her armor only seemed to glint more as she missed her attack, making the cave light up even more in her holy resonance.

image.png

Miss - Heavy Momentum Procced + 6 base gained

Ugzeke, the Mighty: 1500/1500 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 2

Zajčica | HP:1090/1090 | EN:98/100 (-2) | DMG: 3 | MIT: 209 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC:1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 58 | DoT -25%
Crozeph | 
Baldur | 

• ID: 155809
  • BD: 8 + 4 = success
  • Crozeph dealt 14 x 15 San Ge = 210 - 35 MIT = 175 damage to Ugzeke

Ugzeke, the Mighty: 1325/1500 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 2

Zajčica | HP:1090/1090 | EN:100/100 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 209 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC:1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 58 | DoT -25%
Crozeph | HP: 720/720 I EN: 60/72 I DMG: 14 I MIT: 44 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2
Baldur | 

Crozeph was quick to move in as soon as Yuki's attack missed. He didn't have a high enough evasion to run at a considerable speed, it was decent but with the likes of someone as huge as this troll? he was fast enough. Crozeph's sword began to light up in a clear blue color, a sword art is about to land to Ugzeke. He planted one foot forward to have a stable footing and unleashed his multi-hit attack followed by a vertical chop in a downward motion.

He moved back a few feet, raising his katana to guard, can't be too complacent in this fight especially a monster as big as Ugzeke. The troll was easy to hit and it can also easily hit them inside the cave. He then raised his hand signaling Baldur that his attack is done while slowly moving away.

@Baldur

Edited by Crozeph

Baldur waited only a heartbeat after Yuki's attack before he crouched down, hand hovering above the handle of his katana, <<Warden's Fury.>> Energy swirled around the gaijin samurai's feet, as he gripped the blade, he let the system take over his movements and he streaked across the distance between him and Ugzeke, a wash of blue in the darkness of the caverns, brilliant white light exploded from the saya as Baldur drew the blade, streaks of golden lightning following along the blade as he struck the brute. Slash after slash rained down on the giant as Baldur seemed to be in more than one place at once, but all the images came together as he leapt into the air and brought the strike down in a massive overhead slash. No lightning paralysis this time, but he took a good chunk out of the monster's HP.

As soon as the system allowed Baldur to move on his own again, he began to try and move again to avoid the monster's counter-strikes. He didn't know what this thing was capable of. The gaijin samurai's eyes danced as if he was having fun with this battle. It had been a while since he had been in a fight that wasn't life or death, and that seemed to be incredibly relaxing.

ID: 155823 BD: 3+5 +1 -1 = 8 (hit)
San Ge + Charge: 21+5=26 x 15 = 390 - 35 MIT = 355 DMG Dealt

Ugzeke, the Mighty: 970/1500 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 2

[1] Zajčica | HP:1090/1090 | EN:100/100 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 209 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC:1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 58 | DoT -25%
[1] Crozeph | HP: 720/720 I EN: 60/72 I DMG: 14 I MIT: 44 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2
[2] Baldur | 
HP: 1430/1430 | EN: 128/140 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 21 | Absolute ACC: 5 | EVA: 2 | BH: 72 | Conc (3/3) | Parry (2/2) | QChange (3/3)

Edited by Baldur

The paladin took a step back, readying herself for the giants attack. Her breathing was calm, her mind was focused and her thoughts were crystal clear. Uzeke groaned in pain and stomped around as 25% of his health was deducted in an instant. Crow and Baldur's damage combined had effectively chunked one third of the HP total in just a single set of attacks. Needless to say, the giant was less than pleased with it. 

The light luminescence coating her armor soon formed in a glow around her gauntlet. It was time to unleash a devastating attack. The wooden club was still being lifted from her form as she charged into an attack. Her fist rammed into the giant's stomach with such force that beat out Crozeph's damage. Ugzeke grunted as he landed on his behind.

"Take a seat why don't ya." Yuki said with a bit of cheek, sizzling smoke emanating off her gauntlet.

image.png

Ugzeke, the Mighty: 806/1500 -(80+84)[Unmit] | DMG: 200 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 2 | [STUNNED]

[4] Zajčica | HP:1090/1090 | EN: 90/100 (-10) | DMG: 3(+6) | MIT: 209 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC:1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 58 | DoT -25%
[1] Crozeph | HP: 720/720 I EN: 60/72 I DMG: 14 I MIT: 44 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2
[2] Baldur | 
HP: 1430/1430 | EN: 128/140 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 21 | Absolute ACC: 5 | EVA: 2 | BH: 72 | Conc (3/3) | Parry (2/2) | QChange (3/3)

• ID: 155924
  • BD: 5 + 4 = 9 success
  • Crozeph dealt 14 x 15 San Ge = 210 - 35 MIT = 175 damage to Ugzeke

Ugzeke, the Mighty: 631/1500 -(175) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 2 | [STUNNED]

[4] Zajčica | HP:1090/1090 | EN: 90/100 (-10) | DMG: 3(+6) | MIT: 209 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC:1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 58 | DoT -25%
[2] Crozeph | HP: 720/720 I EN: 48/72 I DMG: 14 I MIT: 44 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2
[2] Baldur | 

Crozeph made a soft laugh as Yuki stunned Ugzeke after telling it to sit down, her confidence has always amused him and couldn't help but feel happy seeing it "I like it when she's acting all smug, she can back up her words most of the time" he told Baldur. While Crozeph knew that confidence can be a slow and insidious killer at times, Yuki knew when things are getting out of hand and he's always there to back her up.

Crozeph rushed forward and made another attack on Ugzeke, he aimed for the arms. Cutting at it to make the monster flinch and lessen its chances of making wide swings, he was also hoping that his multi-hit attack was effective in doing so. Red glowing marks were lingering in the arms of Ugzeke, it's still stunned and there's no way it can evade them or Baldur on his next attack. 

Edited by Crozeph

He was impressed with the blow that Yuki had dealt to the ogre, taking advantage of her momentum and shield bashing the creature for a stunning blow. He could tell that Crozeph and Yuki had been doing a lot of fighting together, as they seemed to have the rhythm that only came from those who had been through those rhythms before. They had built up a trust in one another over time, and it had deepened not just their skill in fighting together, but the strength of the connection they had.

Yuki's skill in dismantling the combat ability of the ogre showed that she had quite a bit of experience in fighting quest monsters. They had been used to fighting something like this before. It was a shame the monster wasn't more challenging, but there was a severe gap between quest monsters and labyrthing bosses and floor bosses. Her ability had come into question during the boss meeting, but he could see that she was as prepared as she could be before stepping into the deep end.

Or maybe that wasn't quite right. Was there a way to help her take an intermediate step?

With Ugzeke the Mighty stunned, Baldur took his time walking up to it, lining up the most powerful attack that he could, bringing warden's fury down on the quest mob, and as he did so, the golden lightning of the blade exploded out, lashing the limbs of Ugzeke, and paralyzing the mob in addition to her stun.

The creature was almost dead, and it had only just begun. Baldur was almost sad, as the fight wasn't enough to really let him feel the thrill of battle. But the point of this journey was to help Crow and Yuki level up, and for the three of them to get to know one another. And for Baldur, fighting side by side was one of the best ways to see what someone was made of.

ID#156137 BD:10 (Crit + Paralyze)
San Ge: 21+2 = 23x15=345 - 35 = 310 DMG Dealt

Ugzeke, the Mighty: 321/1500 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 2 | [STUNNED] [Paralyzed]

[4] Zajčica | HP:1090/1090 | EN: 90/100 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 209 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC:1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 58 | DoT -25%
[2] Crozeph | HP: 720/720 I EN: 48/72 I DMG: 14 I MIT: 44 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2
[5] Baldur | 
HP: 1430/1430 | EN: 117/140 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 21 | Absolute ACC: 5 | EVA: 2 | BH: 72 | Conc (1/3) | Parry (2/2) | QChange (3/3)

Edited by Baldur

The boss was effectively stun locked. The stun that Yuki caused was pair beautifully with Baldur's own attack. He was swift, strong and precise, and even on top of that, their target was completely stunned again from the paralysis. However, the paralysis seemed to wear off much more quickly than she might have expected.

Ugzeke got back up to his feet finally and decided that Yuki was not longer that juicy of a target to look at. She needed all eyes on her if she wanted to be a responsible tank. The pink glow of her blade lit the cavern with some dull light. The sound of power hummed though the air as the paladin's angelic blade sliced through the muscle that was Ugzeke the might. For a blade said to be delivered to the mortal world by angels, it wasn't quite living up to its name. Oh well, it worked for what the paladin needed to keep people safe.

Once her attack was made, the girl took a step  back, allowing the mob to move more forward and give Baldur and Crozeph a flanking angle on it. She grinned up at the boss without any fear in her eyes. In fact, her pupils burned with passion. There was nothing more that she enjoyed than being a concrete wall to the system that had trapped her.

image.png

Ugzeke, the Mighty: 313/1500 -9 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 2 | [STUNNED] [Paralyzed]

[7] Zajčica | HP:1090/1090 | EN: 88/100 -(3) | DMG: 3 | MIT: 209 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC:1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 58 | DoT -25%
[5] Baldur | 
HP: 1430/1430 | EN: 117/140 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 21 | Absolute ACC: 5 | EVA: 2 | BH: 72 | Conc (1/3) | Parry (2/2) | QChange (3/3)

• ID: 156145
  • BD: 7 + 4 = success
  • Crozeph dealt 14 x 15 San Ge = 201 - 35 MIT = 175 damage to Ugzeke

Ugzeke, the Mighty: 138/1500  | DMG: 200 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 2 | [STUNNED] [Paralyzed]

[7] Zajčica | HP:1090/1090 | EN: 88/100 -(3) | DMG: 3 | MIT: 209 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC:1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 58 | DoT -25%
[2] Crozeph | HP: 720/720 I EN: 33/72 I DMG: 14 I MIT: 44 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2
[5] Baldur | 

Their combo was simple, Yuki tanks, and inflicts a status effect while he deals damage and keeping her health in check. Thankfully there has been no reason for him to worry about her health so far. Soon enough once his skill set for a support was complete he'd be able to buff her up and debuff their opponents. For now, he should soften it and let Baldur finish it off with his katana, the Gaijin Samurai was strong just as Crozeph expected and with him on the frontlines, he would be less anxious about things.

Crozeph moved his katana downward and in a swift manner, he slashed upward cutting Ugzeke in the eye. The troll moved back a step but Crozeph was closing the distance and another a flurry of attacks followed after the last. Ugzeke was now weakened and Yuki or Baldur can finish it off in whatever way they want. "I guess this wasn't that challenging for Baldur," he thought as its HP went down faster than he expected.

Edited by Crozeph

Baldur saw the large, ugly ogre's health dip into the red and knew this was the moment. He rushed up to the mob, his sword radiating the white light as it threatened to blind them all and then Baldur simply vanished.

He appeared again high above the monster and came slashing down, his blow cutting the thing in two, and the ground beneath them cracking from the wait of the blow, and while Baldur was held there for a moment, after images of Baldur's form streaking around the creature, slashing it all around and then leaping into the air resolved into one form, where he had begun his descent. Once the system had released him from its control, the samurai turned to face his party, whirling the sword around and then sliding the blade back into the saya. For a moment, it seemed as if the Ogre didn't know what was going on, and then as Baldur's katana clicked home into the saya... nothing happened.

And just a breath later, Ugzeke the Mighty exploded into a summer storm of luminous polygons, shards of light raining down around them.

Baldur made a tsk of annoyance. He didn't get the timing right.

"Well then, who's up for something to eat? I personally feel starving right now, and I'd like to get to know Yuki a bit better too, if an old man doesn't cramp your style."

Baldur winked at the two playfully.

ID#156163 BD: 3+5=hit
San Ge: 21x15=315 RAW - 35 DMG = 280 DMG Dealt

Ugzeke, the Mighty: 0/1500  | DMG: 200 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 2 | 

[7] Zajčica | HP:1090/1090 | EN: 88/100 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 209 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC:1 | THRNS: 84 | TAUNT | BH: 58 | DoT -25%
[2] Crozeph | HP: 720/720 I EN: 33/72 I DMG: 14 I MIT: 44 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2
[5] Baldur | 
HP: 1430/1430 | EN: 106/140 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 21 | Absolute ACC: 5 | EVA: 2 | BH: 72 | Conc (1/3) | Parry (2/2) | QChange (3/3)

Edited by Baldur

The girl returned her blade to the holster it belongs to. As the monster exploded back into data, she gave Baldur a warm smile as well as Crozeph.

"Ah! Baldur, you should come back to my place and I will serve you. I make an authentic Japanese food that you can think of. No charge of course, since it's only vanity food." She laughs and looks over to Crow. "Sleep-head there can't get enough of it after I fed him a single time. I think you'll love the aesthetic of my home as well, it really suits your style."

Yuki took the lead of the group again, heading back to the teleporter in Kalanaes. "What would you like to eat Baldur? You are the guest, so you should choose what we eat tonight." She turned around and started to backpedal her way through the caves, looking at both the boys with a smile glued to her face.

"Well a nice meal is a great reward for quests if you ask me," he told them as he walked beside Yuki "you should see her house, it's like you're neighbors with its aesthetic." The quest was over really quick, it really is nice to reach tier 3 but he could only hope to do it soon with how much exp he needed to get to that level. Fortunately, Yuki is there to help him and he got Baldur to even help him on this one "This would be a nice time to talk about something with you about us sensei" he said as they began to make their way to Yuki's house.

"You're not that old yet," he told Baldur as if he was trying to figure out if Baldur is really old or not "I'd say, you're pretty much on the mature side of most things now" that was the difference that Crozeph saw in him and in Azide, they were at times mature on handling things and he wanted to learn a thing or two from them. Especially with him and Yuki planning their life inside Aincrad.

Baldur smiled at Yuki as she told him of her home and offered to cook for him.

"I had meant for us to relax and I would treat for dinner so that you could relax as well, but I can't say no to such a generous offer." His smile was true and earnest, "But please, Chef's choice. Make your favorite meal and I will enjoy it."

Crozeph once again mentioned there was something they wanted to talk about, and that raised Baldur's suspicions. She had been helping him wake up? He had been spending fewer and fewer nights at Baldur's house after he had given him a room. What could the two of them be up to? Hopefully they weren't trying to set him up too. Crozeph was one of the few people around that still knew about Tyger.

"I appreciate the sentiment Crow, but I still feel like I'm twice the age of most of the frontliners, and I'm probably not that far off."

"Don't sell yourself short sensei." Baldur wasn't her sensei, but that didn't mean she didn't respect the title of an instructor. "You are one of the most capable people that I've met on my climb up to these higher floors. I think that, while we would have came out on top, me and Crozeph would have taken some time to kill him!" She offered the gaijin a smile, as well as Crow, turning back around to see the teleporter in view.

"My home is on floor 22. Let's get going! Floor 22: Coral!" She called out, and with a flash of light, the group was moved to said destination. The walk out to her home was short considering it bordered the safe zone only just barely. She had intentionally put her shop in a location where Hidden and Mari would be welcome to visit, but still neither of them had come to see it. She opened the front door to her home, bypassing the shop portion and allowed the two boys in. "The dining room is through the doors over there." She points to the doors past the small pond. "I'm going to go to my room and change into something comfortable. Make yourselves comfortable at the kotatsu." Leaving them, sure that Crozeph knew the way, Yuki stepped over the stone bridge that led to the other junction of the home and went around through the other side.

Spoiler

Image result for Anime yard pond

digital-art-artwork-interior-room-wallpaper.jpg