[F14-PP] Through darkened halls (The Lich's Calling)

Checking the ledgers that were produced by the info broker he had contacted, purchasing the information according to the typical procedure. "Thank you, Argus, I will be around in the future." Raidou remarks asserting his stance to no longer offer information to sell once again to the persistent fellow. Proceeding on through the darkened halls of Blackwatch in grim appearance, it held no growth of fear for the nomad who wanders. He was hardest on completing all the board had to offer and broadening his strength for the upcoming fight, at staggering growth most were beginning to become surprised how much he was gaining power. A brilliant red robe at his back he aimed to offer the same gain to those he shared conversation with. A private message to @Dracul and @Kiluia Seiko produced and sent Raidou had chosen those who would benefit, offering assistance to a guy who wanted to see his methods.

Raidou Consumes Poached Egg (+2 Accuracy), Titan's Strength (+3 Damage)

Raidou | HP:1040/1040 | EN:104/104 | DMG:20 | MIT:86 | EVA:3 | ACC:4 | TAUNT | BH:52

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer
Level: 52
HP: 1040/1040
EN: 104/104

Stats:
Damage: 17
Mitigation: 86
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 2
BH:52
TAUNT

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Auric Sol - Corona [T3/Perfect/2HSS]: Damage 3
Armor: Commander's Scrutiny - Duress [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +2 Accuracy, Taunt
Misc: Red Wanderer's Robe [T1/Perfect/L.A] +3 Evasion

Skills:
Gatherer [Obtained]
Two Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
One Handed Straight Sword [Rank 3]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Light Armor [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Protector

Mods:
Vengeful Riposte
Focused Howl
Finesse Rank 3

Battle Ready Inventory:
Dracbane [T2/Perfect/2HSS]: V.O 1, ACC 1, BLD 1
Teleport Crystal*1
Tactician's Gaze - Ogma [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +3 Accuracy

Edited by Raidou

The information that was provided to him was not exactly what he was expecting. His amber eyes furrowed a bit before muttering."Well damn. Into the fire that fast." He gave a slight smirk as he dismissed the HUD proceeding to the designated area. "Whatever. I asked for this. May as well pay the piper."

When he arrived at the area of where Raidou was, his initial thought was I am so screwed. He sighed shaking his head seriously thinking over his life choices but when has Raidou steered him wrong. He noticed his leader and spoke loudly. "Training and suicide are two different  things. Not you  but me.. heh." He placed both hands behind his head and stood beside Raidou.

Spoiler

Level 14: HP:280 Energy 28

Weapon: Jagged Fang
+2 DMG +1 Bld

Armor: Rose Prism
+ 1 EVA +2 MIT

Trinkets: Primrose Cross
+3 Loot Dice

Eye of Rain

+2 ACC +1 REC

Skills:
Dagger: Rank 3

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

It came as surprise to me, the sudden message from the alchemist I meet not that much time ago. Since we first meet on the first floor, gradually I started enjoying the alchemist's presence as he was one of the few rare individuals that I didn't piss me off after five seconds of meeting them. So being invited to do a quest with him made me unconsciously smile, earning myself a couple of questionable looks from my assistants. "I'll be going out for a bit!

With little preparation, I leave alone... for the first time in a while; and made my way towards the received coordinates. With some difficulty I manage to reach the place unscattered, avoiding most of the mobs that popped in my path. "We meet again!" I say with a wave as I join the two. "I don't believe we've met before. The name's Dracul." I say to the new face beside Raidou.

Spoiler

✠ Level: 17  ❤ Health: 340  ✽ Energy: 34  ◈ Taunt   ❋ Recovery: +2✽ / CD 6+
 Damage: 7  ♜ Mitigation: 9  ☣ Thorns: 18

✿ Equipped Items:

Spoiler

≪Blue Rose#58993≫
T1: Damage | Damage | Damage
An elegant two handed straight sword with a bluish blade and a rose placed on top to the side of the hilt. (pic.)

≪Azure Chevalier Armor#58994≫
T1: Mitigation | Thorns | Thorns
An elegant bluish heavy armor set with rose motif and a cape. (pic.)

≪Memory Fragment#134713-1≫
T1: Recovery | Recovery | Taunt
A thin bracelet with a blue crystal as its centerpiece. It lightly glows when any of its enchantments proc.

☑ Battle ready:

Spoiler

≪Feline Helper#13453≫
T1: Loot Die | Loot Die | Loot Die
Custom made plushie in the form of a white lioness. A small crown logo marking its origin at 'The Lion's Den'.

✚ Buffs:

Edited by Dracul

Through obscured lenses, his orange retina hidden from plain view as the rest of the group had come in rather good timing. Not one for pleasantries he does his best to fain such a thing "Introductions, an intelligent mind capable of deciphering quite the mental taxing sorts. Kiluia is a fighter from my guild, I am convinced he will be more than sufficient with a little more of a push forward. An insight into my methods and an ability to grow, there is no issue, Kiluia no harm will befall either of you. You'll find things are a bit different then they were back then." he comments with a memory of Haine parading through his memory in a quick flash. "This will be quick and an easy way for you to get stronger. Follow my lead but worry not, they will be blind to you completely." he affirms before a subtle adjust of his glasses before he begins to head toward the destination, hoping the rest of the group would follow suit.

Edited by Raidou

He would glance over toward Dracal and gave a slight  nod toward him. A light smile crossed his lips and soon his eyes looked forward into the darkened way. "Yep." He was confident with his unique ability to learn, adapt, and drive to get things done. "Never doubted you or the abilities you have shown. I'm well aware that I won't be hurt. Nice to meet you, Dracal. I hope I won't slow you  down."

His legs moved forward and his hands lowered. His right hand landed on the hilt of his dagger as he followed suit by Raidou. Eyes looked around the surroundings and he cracked his neck."This looks like a horror  movie setting gone bad." He looked at Raidou and then back  at Dracal. "I feel like a vampire is just gonna rush us."  He joked before gripping the dagger hilt a bit tighter.

"I like the confidence, you're as dependable as ever Raidou." I add, now recovered after being mentally ticked at the mispronunciation of my name. I take a better look at the guy as the alchemist introduces him as an old guild member. I'm sure a certain blonde tailor would present a full report on posible his capabilities just from  a glance but I unfortunately don't possess such a keen eye. The best educated guess that I can make is that he was somehow closer to my level than Raidou by the way he talked to us. 

"I think you're overestimating my capabilities." I reply before letting out a small snort at the mention of vampires. "You'd be surprised how this is further away from the reality of such locations." I chime in, offering a indirect nugget of information regarding my background. "They always make such places more dramatic than they really are... this one seems no different." I add as I take a lazy look around our surroundings. Left hand resting on top of the two handed straight sword scabbard, ready to draw it at a moment's note.

Raidou for the first time since entering this game laughs "If there is any vampire here, I would be it." as it's true he has a weapon that drains the life of his enemies and he wears a long red cloak. A stereotypical vampire if there was one he would fit the part. He gets into further detail as they pass through the darkened halls along the greyed stone that produced the ground. "We are taking on a Lich, but from the specifics which I've paid for, it should be easily controllable. Two adds natively then you have 1 minute before it will start to raise soldiers. Strike down the head before he can draw reinforcements and it should be no issue." the high damage would prove nothing to him if he remained on guard, especially with his ace hiding within the confines of his robe. "Thing about cathedrals as they must always be...excessive."

He looked at Raidou. Even in his earliest memories, the laughter he gave was something  new. At least the joke he made even caught him off guard. His lips curled upwards at the remark of Dracul and Raidou about the vampires. Indeed Raidou could give  anything a run for their money as he still  walked with the pair.  "Movies were always overrated about vampires and werewolves. From sparkling  bodies and those movies where a werewolf was in London still  gives me hope that the world will  remain.. Cheesy." The movie references would always get him going as he managed to remember old movies the best on how horrible  they really were. 

It was then how he remembered movies and how Haine enjoyed those things before...Before what again? The memory was not forming all the way before he spoke to Dracul and Raidou. "I give it a 4 out of 10 on originality.. But a lich would live here wouldn't  it." At least he was not too far off the mark on the undead aspect. He pushed away stray strands of hair from his vision as he felt a cold chill from being  watched.

I looked at Raidou. Even ince the first time we've meet I don't remember seeing him laugh,  granted that we didn't knew each other for that long, ne always gave the vibe of a overserious person. Seeing this aspect of him was a refreshing sight, making me once more unconsciously smile a little; which accentuated as I listened to Kiluia. " A lich... " I mutter while tapping my chin, trying to conjure such a thing's physical appearance and traits from my memory. "Couldn't say I'm familiar with what they are." I admitted with a shrug. "I suppose something related to the dead since it resides in this location."  It was nice.. to be out of the lab like this. The first passing though on this sensation happened while hunting the dragons but being here with these two and exploring this new territory, felt nice. "I could get used to it..." I mutter to myself. 

Passing through the decrepit damaged halls in darkened cobblestone "I assure you there is a lich on these floors, but it shouldn't be a problem." as they enter a grand cathedral in relative disarray. Mounds of bones litter the floor, scaling the entirety of it all the way to the back whereupon a throne is a suit of blackened metal. A skeletal hand begins to bend and snap, with dust bleeding off of the bones with each jerk and twist. It twitches and latches around a large greatsword, that engulfs in bluish flames as the sockets in its skull become kindled in its slow rise. Behind it, you see as pieces of ivory begin to pile upon one another forming masses of six armed skeletons at his back, a shade producing the torso of these inhuman constructs.

"Cute, but unnecessary." Raidou comments as he draws a blade from his back, producing a sudden pulse of light from his Auric Sol. A sudden tear forward reduces most to dust with a pillar of light and the sound of clapping thunder. The Lich scatters to pieces like confetti, its armor ricochetting across the stonework.

ID# 155426 results: Battle: 10=10, Major Critical (+2 Base) dealing 176 damage to Lich King and applying [Stunned!]
ID# 155429 results: Battle: 7+4=11, Hit! dealing 160 damage and killing Skeletal Lich #1
ID# 155430 results: Battle: 2+4=6, Hit! dealing 160 damage and killing Skeletal Lich #2

Players:
(1-4) Raidou | 
HP:1040/1040 | EN:93/104 | DMG:20 | MIT:86 | EVA:3 | ACC:4 | TAUNT | BH:52
(5-8) Kiluia Seiko | 
HP:280/280 | EN:28/28 | DMG:6 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:2 | BLD:12 | REC:1 [6+]
(9-12) Dracul | 
HP:180/180 | EN:18/18 | DMG:5 | MIT:27 | THRNS: 18

Monsters:
(3,0,0) Lich King | 
HP:350/350 | DMG: 400 [Stunned!]
(3,0,0) Skeletal Lich #1 | HP:-60/100 | DMG: 140
(3,0,0) Skeletal Lich #2 | 
HP:-60/100 | DMG: 140

Abilities:
(Skeletal Lich) Dark Coil - Heals allied Undead for 20 health per turn. (Cannot attack enemies)

Edited by Raidou

Seeing the LIch King was rather intimidating for him as he hadn't seen something like that. Amber eyes focused as he stared at the stunned Lich King. Seeing Raidou bitch slap the thing to oblivion made him more confident. This was a prime opportunity that he wouldn't let pass as he swiftly ran to the downed Lich King. He, of course, went straight for the face with his dagger drawn. His hands drew back and started to glow using the sword art shadow stitchHands moved fluidly slashing the Lich kings face repeatedly before leaping back before it could regain its senses." Well damn this is fun." His lips curled up and he squatted down awaiting for the next movement in the series of attacks. Eyes looked over to Dracul since he would take his next lead on attacking since it was down. 

Spoiler

image.png.d1865ac361b2ab5f293f06d678167bf4.png

Players:
(1-4) Raidou | 
(5-8) Kiluia Seiko | 
HP:280/280 | EN:22/28 | DMG:6 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:2 | BLD:12 | REC:1 [6+]
(9-12) Dracul | 
HP:180/180 | EN:18/18 | DMG:5 | MIT:27 | THRNS: 18

Monsters:
(3,0,0) Lich King | 
HP:314/350 | DMG: 400 [Stunned!]

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

Watching the lich and its minions 'assemble' animation before us instead of simply materializing once again reinforced my belief that this place was designed with over the top dramatics in mind. It was not my cup of tea but I could understand the appeal it had for most, making a comparison with the thriving movie industry. However this wasn't a movie and we were not the main characters, more like part of a collective mob used to entertain a certain madman.

I shake my head, seeing as I was already starting to get annoyed and watch as Raidou and Kiluia engage our opponents. My usual role would be tanking but taking into consideration the floor number I'd entrust that task to the alchemist who would probably double up as our main source of damage. "Time to earn our place here, huh?" I ask none in particular as I unsheath my two-handed straight sword, letting its hue from the blue light slightly bright up its surroundings as I dash forward and horizontally cleave the lich, smiling as I feel the blade going through it with little resistance after hitting a critical point.

ID# 155442  BD: 9 (Crit!) Straight x2(7 +1) =16 Dmg > Lich King

Players:
(1-4) Raidou | 
(5-8) Kiluia Seiko | 
HP:280/280 | EN:28/28 | DMG:6 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:2 | BLD:12 
(9-12) Dracul | 
HP:340/340 | EN:34/34 | DMG:7 | MIT:9 | THRNS: 18 | TAUNT | REC:2 [6+]

Monsters:
(3,0,3) Lich King | 
HP:122/350 | DMG: 400 [Stunned!]

Abilities:
(Skeletal Lich) Dark Coil - Heals allied Undead for 20 health per turn. (Cannot attack enemies)

Edited by Dracul

Pivoting his sword in his hands, a twirl allowing the air to dry a bit before affirming his grip. The creatures pay no response due to the fact they had been reduced to nothing, there was no 'body' to form an attack. This was as intended, which is why Raidou chose the art he had. This next one however would aim to finish the fight before a rebuttal would be capable in a one-two punch. Piles of bone around them were beginning to swell, due to the fact the Lich was summoning them in defense but the red wanderer had planned for this which is why his attacks were so ferocious. He would not hesitate with those he had invited on this endeavor and it showed with a sudden tear just as aggressive as the first, but this was drawing lines in a 6 pointed star. "Macro's Cosmos..." the words fall from his lips quietly, finally using this art he had not yet. As he mutters this phrase the points of this star burst and sears toward the center burning trails of light that detonate.

The lich is consumed in the blast, leaving nothing behind.

ID# 155444 results: Battle: 9=9 Minor Critical (+1 Base) dealing 273 damage

Players:
(1-4) Raidou | 
HP:1040/1040 | EN:84/104 | DMG:20 | MIT:86 | EVA:3 | ACC:4 | TAUNT | BH:52
(5-8) Kiluia Seiko | 
HP:280/280 | EN:28/28 | DMG:6 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:2 | BLD:12 
(9-12) Dracul | 
HP:340/340 | EN:34/34 | DMG:7 | MIT:9 | THRNS: 18 | TAUNT | REC:2 [6+]

Monsters:
(8,0,3) Lich King | 
HP:-151/350 | DMG: 400

Abilities:

Edited by Raidou

The two left nothing much to imagine as the destruction of the Lich King was inevitable. At least he was to be of some use. He had problems dealing with lower level type mobs but this was the result of him being carried. The awe quickly washed away as he looked around the area for anything of use."A Lich King usually has something or other that they are guarding. I'm not saying that it usually does have something but it wouldn't hurt to look right?"He was primarily speaking out loud and addressing no one specifically. He was more engrossed that he was still an adventurer type and wanted to live to those standards. Being uptight in real life was a drag. 

"Do you think there is anything else around here that is of use?"Kiluia looked at Dracul and offered a polite smile. "I'm not as seasoned so I'd like second opinions please." 

A moment after my attack Raidou once more went in the fight and finished off the lich with ease. He significantly took the lead in our impromptu tank competition, proving that he was a able to deal damage as well. I look at the numerical values between our HP... almost three times... that was a significant lead indeed. Maybe I should start investing some Skill points too, never had a use for them until now that I started doing a little combat. I couldn't count on Raidou to do all my quests for me, my pride wouldn't allow for me to just sit back and enjoy the ride. That was not the Vladislav way!

A voice from beside distracts me from my thoughts, so I direct my attention on the younger man. Despite his words he also seemed eager to prove his worth, I guess both of us got spurred on by Raidou display of strength. "A lich's treasure you say. Sounds like something worth looking into, I wouldn't say no to that. What about you Raidou?"

The skill stasis fades as Raidou sweeps the still shimmered blade as a form of discharge before spinning it into its sheath on his back with a flourish. Raidou listened to the conversations between the two and both had come to the same conclusion as he himself had. "As long as we edge on the side of caution, the treasure could be trapped." he spoke softly still a bit amped having used a completely new sword art and wasn't sure how to understand it yet. This one had a trigger phrase before it activated, which was much harder to pull off but was truly devastating in its own right. He begins to scan around the throne that was a damaged red fabric first and foremost, see if one of the only objects in the room was concealing something behind it, but it seems to shelter little but the very same stone.

His eyes scanned the room. The most obvious place would be the throne. He moved cautiously as to avoid triggering another battle or causing a trap. He would be really pissed if he actually  did. He stepped from  side to side speaking to them." I just need a little col to get by. I feel like a sponge to others and I dislike that feeling... " 

A little treasure hurt no one as he wanted to share the wealth. His eyes looked over at the other two before looking at the throne  side to side. He was starting to feel  like a treasure hunter."Question. Do you think treasure hunters are necessary in a party? I think I want  to go down that route but I don't want to do it without getting advice from someone." RNG played a big role in the process but none the less, he would try to make the system work in their favor as much as he could. 

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

Raising a hand to support my chin, the other around the stomach; I start thinking about Kiluia's question. It would be foolish of me to think myself as a connoisseur, rarely having partied with anyone else than a certain blonde and Raidou. After a few second I come with a answer that I thought would suffice. "Depends on the party's goal I guess. If you were to focus on fighting you'd pick more 'Combat' skills and less 'Utility' ones. 'Search' seems to be generally a good skill to have in any situation because of its versatility. If you were to be less preoccupied about fighting you could have more 'Utility' skills. Scouts seem to combine Combat and Utility but they go through floor labyrinths to find information. As a treasure hunter, you'd be in need of skills that help you find items more efficiently.. skills like pickpocket and gatherer." I lower my hands and deliver my conclusion. "Every 'build'..." I stopped to make air quotations "is useful to some degree. It depends more on the player and how they put it to use for them and those around them.

Dracul was well versed in the system, well enough that Raidou need not offer any input as the player was defining it perfectly. He continued to scan the arena for anything that could prove as the reason the Lich was positioned here. Amongst the layers of bone, he could find little that would allude to such a thing. This was typical though for sometimes looking for treasure in a bosses room may end up being a fruitless endeavor but it never hurt to confirm the fact, as long it was done in a safe manner than no harm would befall those who toyed with such things. There was some troubled history with treasure chests in particular at the forefront of his mind, mainly in his fishing trip with Shield and how interesting it was that the pond was so unforgiving throughout the day. Coming up empty in his search, he kept at it but his optimism was dwindling.

Kiluia examined the throne a bit more before touching the armrest. The wooden arm rest felt slightly different than the other. His fingers delicately touched both sided until he felt a switch on the right side. A blink was given before he pressed it. A latching mechanism was heard unlocking. He turned around immediately to survey the difference but it was noticeable right away. The center of the room shifted and soon the floor moved exposing a hole. The treasure chest elevated from and the loud noises stopped.

"No shit.." His first treasure chest and the excitement was through the roof. Amber eyes looked at Raidou and Dracul." Guess I got a little bit of luck!"  He exclaimed happily. His movements were cautious as he approached the chest. "There is no way in hell I am opening this. I think I'll run out of what little  luck I already  have." He laughed  slightly looking at the two. "You do the honors, Captain?"He referenced Raidou.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200627-173717_Chrome.thumb.jpg.696506dc9a1d399e85c951b634f7763d.jpg

Treasure Chest Location Success LD 15

Edited by Kiluia Seiko