[PP-F5] Trouble in the Sands <<Blood in the Sand>>

Vigilon had recently heard of a monster or two he'd forgotten to beat the crap out of, and it was high time he did so. He looked towards the edge of the safe zone, over to the windswept wilderness of floor five. Would this opponent be a difficult fight, a creature he could solo, or just a tiny pushover? One way to find out, but he made sure he had a Teleport Crystal just in case. "Ok...this should be nothing. Hopefully, this will just be a one-shot fight and boom, boss defeated, and still a full day ahead of us." He thought aloud. Veriost, asleep on Vigilon's shoulder, did not listen to his words. Vigilon looked over to the small white frost dragon, smirked, and shook his head. "Sleepyhead." He muttered. He looked back to the horizon. He actually disliked this floor, because it was too dang hot here. The nighttime of this floor was tolerable, however, despite the low light, and the sand that just keeps seeping into the boots-

Vigilon pulled off one of his boots so that the sand that had accumulated could fall back down to the ground where it belonged. He then put the boot back on. "I really could do without this..." He muttered.

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  37
HP:  740
EN:  84(Base[74], Energist[10])

Damage: 14(Martial Arts Rank 5[+7], Veriost[+6])[Base DMG is 15 when using Sword Arts]

MIT: 18(Swift Endurance)

ACC: 1(Karri's Fang)

EVA: 1(Swift Endurance)

REC: 3(Swift Endurance[+2], Karri's Fang[+1])

Equipment:

[T2]Juggernaut's Rebuttal(1 Taunt, 1 Bleed, 1 Paralyze)[Equipped]

[T2]Swift Endurance(1 Mitigation, 1 Evasion, 1 Recovery)[Equipped]

[T1]Karri's Fang(1 Recovery, 1 Accuracy, +1 LD)[Equipped]

Items:

Teleport Crystal

Skills:

Energist

Gatherer

Searching Rank 1

Extra Skills:

Martial Arts Rank 5

Familiar Mastery: Fighter Rank 3

Meditation

Mods:

Ferocity(+1 base DMG when using Sword Arts)

Finesse Rank 3(-3 EN cost when using Sword Arts)

An awful encounter awaited, but no one could possibly anticipate it, not even Krysta...

Krysta checked her inventory, making sure she was ready before going out to see what exactly, other than sand and a monster or two, that the fifth floor had to offer. After all, there was only one way to find out, and in all honesty, this floor wasn't too popular with her current informant. Must have been the heat...and, and this accursed sand-

Irritated by the sand somehow getting into her footwear, she took it off as to let out the sand. After it had all fallen out, she put her footwear back on. "When this trip is over, I'm going to wash the sand out of my equipment..." She decided. Perhaps there would be something on this floor that would make the trip worth it. "Right...time to push onward, and see what adventures await me!"

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  30
HP:  600
EN:  60
DMG:  12(OHR Rank 5[+5], Yolviinsil[+6])

ACC: 1(Nightshade)

Paralysis: Activates on natural BD rolls of 9-10(Nightshade)

T2 Bleed: Activates on natural BD rolls of 9-10(Nightshade)

Mitigation: 54(Lumino Regalia, Lux Regalia)

Thorns: 36 Damage on successful enemy attack rolls of 6-8(Lux Regalia)

Recovery: Recovers an additional 2 EN on Natural CD rolls of 6-12(Lumino Regalia)

Battle Healing: Recovers 6 HP per turn

Equipment:

[T2]Nightshade(Rapier: ACC, PAR, BLD)[Equipped]

[T2]Lumino Regalia(Light Armor: 2 MIT, 1 REC)[Equipped]

[T2]Lux Regalia(Shield: 1 MIT, 2 Thorns)[Equipped]

Battle Ready Items:

Teleport Crystal x1

Skills:

One handed Rapier Rank 5

First Aid Rank 3

Battle Healing Rank 1

Meditation[Unskilled]

Familiar Mastery: Fighter rank 3

Mods:  None

Edited by Krysta

Vigilon reached the edge of the safe zone, and saw someone familiar, off in the distance. What he did not know was, someone else did, too.

"Hey, Jewel!" He called out to her as he quickened his pace, happy to see her. "I didn't expect to find you here, what a coincidence!" He remarked with a smile. "I was about to go out there and hunt down a boss called the Sand Shark. I kinda need to take these things down because I haven't done so yet. If they're anything like the Wasp Queen, or the 'Ice Cannon' Avalanche, then they could be worth fighting...of course, since I'm tier two, it'll probably just go out like a punk in one hit... Oof, I might end up learning how it feels to be One-Punch-Man..." He explained.

Vigilon looked back to the horizon, but he should have looked to the side.

Suddenly, the player with the orange cursor who had been hiding behind the nearby boulder, was done waiting. He made his move when the two players' guards were down, rushing towards Krysta, coming in from the side, but reaching her from behind. He quickly caught her in a sack, picked her up, and started carrying her off.

As soon as that happened, Vigilon's gaze shifted towards his new enemy. "HEY!!! LET HER GO!!!!" He called out as he started making chase to the cloaked kidnapper. Unfortunately, in his anger, he failed to pay attention to the pitfall trap the player had set earlier... "AAAAAAGHHHH!!!"

He would see his enemy slowly disappearing off in the distance as he called out, "YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH THIS! I'LL FIND YOU! I'LL GET HER BACK!!!" This player would surely regret the day he kidnapped Krysta....he would regret the day he messed with Vigilon's girlfriend. Hopefully, Vigilon would be able to trace the footprints before the next sandstorm...

Krysta would be greeted by Vigilon, someone she was happy to see. "Coincidence or not, it's a pleasure to see you regardless!" She replied to his remark. He would explain how he intended to fight the bosses he'd missed earlier...and that due to his current capabilities, he would probably end up defeating them in a single hit. "I do not doubt that you are capable, and I certainly believe you can vanquish Byakko as well... Unlike the other bosses, it would seem that Byakko has a reason for doing what it does. I can explain along the way, if you'd like." She explained. It would be at this moment when disaster would strike. Vigilon looked to the horizon ahead, and Krysta chose to follow suit...instead of looking to the side.

Suddenly, her vision was obscured by a sack, and she would feel herself being lifted. She was being kidnapped. "AAGHHH!!!!" She struggled, trying to free herself, but to no avail. "YOU FIEND, RELEASE ME THIS INSTANT!!! LET ME GO AT ONCE!!!!!"

Despite the consistent struggling, the cloaked orange player moved throughout the sands, relieved to know that the pitfall had stopped the one chasing him, even if only temporarily. It would be a perilous trek until he reached his destination. He moved the false boulder using his leg, and then opened the door it hid, also with his leg. He would then enter the "building", which was simply a simple hut hollowed out within a huge chunk of stone, sticking out of the ground. He would walk down the stairs that led to the larger, underground basement. He would walk over to an empty cell of steel bars, and set Krysta down before swiftly jumping back and locking the door. The sound of the cell door closing woke up the other players imprisoned within the cells, but there would be no direct response just yet. "Nothing personal..." The player would say to Krysta.

Meanwhile, Vigilon struggled, as the sand filled the pitfall trap enough to cover Vigilon in sand up to his shoulders. After managing to finally get his arms out, he began pushing on the sand as to try pulling his body out of the sand. This would have been a lot harder if the sand wasn't loose. As soon as he was free, he looked around to realize that he couldn't find his target's footprints. This is where a tracking skill would have come in handy... "Crap." He muttered, realizing his situation. He would be left to guess a direction, based on what he saw, where the settlement was, his position when the enemy struck, and the assumed direction the enemy had gone.

As Krysta struggled, she could feel herself getting fatigued, with the heat of the environment, and the state she was in. She soon had to stop, as to catch her breath... She would hear sounds, then the sound of a door opening...then the sound of footsteps on stone...then she was suddenly set down, and Krysta struggled to free herself once again...as she heard the door close.

When she managed to get herself out of the sack, she took a look around her surroundings. There were cells of steel bars along this stone basement, players within them...all of them female. "What... WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?" She demanded. Her captor had only two words to say. Upon hearing them, her anger only escalated. "Pardon me? 'Nothing personal'? Listen here now, all that I see around me is personal! What do you even have to gain from kidnapping women?" She continued.

The cloaked player would hear Krysta out, and she clearly wanted answers. "Easy now, little princess, don't get yourself worked up. I didn't want to capture you, nor anyone else here. I did it because I had to..." He would have a short moment of silence, as to give time for potential responses before he continued. "I'm a mercenary, you see. I'm among the kinds of orange players that one would call forsaken. I took a life to save a life, now look at me. I'm having to do everything I can for col, all for a number of reasons. I have to survive, for one. I have about a month left to pay off a ransom that threatens the life of someone important...and every time I try to go for those spots that are full of lucrative monsters, I get chased by those who seek to kill me. I don't have many options left."

Vigilon sighed, not liking his situation. He started moving towards the direction the kidnapper had gone, but he was interrupted by a message. The conversation would play out as thus as he continued walking:

Subject: Gotta tell you something

Hey, Vigilon, I found a bit of an opportunity to do something right, I'm sure you'll agree.

-Akudo

Not now, Krysta's been kidnapped.

Wait, what? Which floor are you on?

Five.

That's the floor the situation was taking place on! I've been hearing rumors of female players getting kidnapped on that floor, and I was gonna ask you if you were up for a rescue mission...but it seems like you're on it already! Do you know where the kidnapper is?

No...

Figured as much. Some scouts have been talking about a hidden structure a little to the left of El Paso del Diablo, possibly constructed within the mountain itself, maybe you could start your search there! I'll try looking for other hidden places where a kidnapper might hide around the floor. Also, here's a word of advice: Whatever you do, don't stick around outside during midday. The temperatures soar high enough to damage players without the survival skill, not to mention those blasted sandstorms, too, you might even get heatstroke if that's applicable, for the sun on this floor is merciless!

Thanks for the explanation, I'll talk to you later.

Vigilon would check his map, and have a guess as to where he would need to go. "Right, so I go through the sand until I reach the canyon, then I hug the edge until I reach the place that was mentioned...but I'm gonna have to keep my eyes open, especially for hidden places, or even monsters." He thought aloud.

Called a princess, once again. Would it ever end, or is that all what people saw whenever she was in their sights? Perhaps the battledress suggested such a thing, making it more frequent to be seen in such a way. Then again, she did have that vanity item in her inventory, she just had not chosen to equip it yet. The cloaked player claimed that he didn't capture Krysta and the other players because he wanted to, but because he...had to? That did not make sense to Krysta. "Why would you have to do this? This is wrong!" She responded. The cloaked player would continue, telling her that he was a mercenary, and proceeding to claim that he was a Forsaken, an orange player who got his cursor by killing someone in order to save another. Such orange players existed? How could that even be possible? He must be lying to her. He continued his story, but Krysta did not believe him at this moment. "You...you lie! Even if you aren't capturing us for yourself, what you're doing is not only still wrong, but surely for your own personal gain!"

It figured that Krysta would distrust the cloaked player. Then again, she did have her reasons. "You can believe what you want, it won't change anything but how you perceive the situation, as well as what you've heard..." He explained calmly. He would then walk over to what appeared to be a chest...one that players could manage the inventory of. He would take some things out, and start handing them to the players in the cells. When he moved on to Krysta's cell, he handed over to her exactly what had been given to the others. He was giving her some food. He also slipped two glasses of water between the bars of the cell, and remarked, "Thought you might need a little extra water. With all the struggling you were doing in the desert heat, you probably need more at this particular moment." 

Vigilon started on the route he'd planned to take, and boy, was he having frequent stops...not because he was tired, but because the- the sand is overflowing in the boots-

Vigilon sighed as he took off his boots once again to get the sand out. Maybe he should get his hands on a variety of footwear and maybe other garments, as to more easily work with different environments. He could really do with some sandproof boots or something of the like, a pair of boots that won't fill up with sand...

"Wait," He thought, "Something's not right..."

The cloaked player would tell Krysta that she could believe whatever she wanted, and that the only thing it would change would be how she perceived the situation. Clearly, he was the sort who tried to use words to give himself an advantage. Krysta decided she would fall for no such trick. "Your words do not affect me. I shall remain resolute." The cloaked player would simply walk over to a nearby Player Chest, and take some things out. He would begin handing provisions to the players in their cells, and he would slip in an extra glass of water for Krysta. She did not trust him enough to accept his provisions, however. "You believe that I would understand your concern for my well-being, but how do I know that these provisions have not been tampered with?" She questioned, trying to see if she could somehow get him to confess to his possible and/or potential crimes.

Krysta still refused to believe the cloaked player, despite his kindness, apparently thinking that what she had been given was tampered with. "Well now, that's for you to figure out in the end, isn't it? After all, if you are as resolute as you say you are, you'll never believe me if I told you any positive answer, wouldn't you?" He remarked. "Then again, you are here against your will, and you have your reasons not to believe me. I can tell you the truth, but it is up to you as to whether or not you will believe it." He added. "We're at a stalemate here, and I have some business to attend to. I'll see you later, you can feel free to think about what I've told you...if you're willing."

Vigilon heard the sand shifting, but why? Something was definitely off. He looked behind him, and the Sand Shark breached out from the sand. Vigilon readied his Sword Art, ready to face the monster head on...

And with that single punch landing against the creature, it shattered immediately. He had one-shot a field boss. "Huh???" One punch, it's done, and now he'd won. "I...I just killed it...in one punch."

ID# 155870 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG, Inflicted Paralysis and Bleed), MD: 2-1=1(miss)

All Might: 17x15=255 DMG to Sand Shark

Vigilon: HP 740/740EN 70/84 | 14 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 3 REC | PAR | T2 BLD

Sand Shark: HP 0/125, 50 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

The cloaked player had a fair comeback despite that indeed, Krysta was still unwilling to listen. She was only left with the same point. "Oh well, that's your choice. it doesn't change the situation." "Fine then, so we are indeed at a stalemate, we would simply be wasting our time continuing this conversation any further." She stated. Her captor would leave the room, and Krysta would immediately start thinking of methods she could use to escape, and potentially free the other players as well. She wasn't one for hair pins, but she appreciated receiving them anyway...for they had more than one use. She would take the three she had received from others out of her inventory, and she would attempt to use one to pick the lock. The hair pin shattered. She took the second hair pin, and shattered with the attempt. When the third and last one shattered, a system message displayed in front of her:

<<Picking Skill Required>>

Well, why tell her now instead of when she began her attempts?

Vigilon continued through the sands, and once he was close to the path he needed to be on...something went wrong. He didn't feel so good, so he decided to look at the time... it was now 1:24 PM, or 13:24 in military time...midday. Vigilon looked to his HP, and...was it dropping?? "Gotta find some shade, and fast." He thought as he wiped the sweat off of his forehead. Guess it was the heat, not the sand, that was causing the tingling sensation. He looked to his left, then to his right, and finally, up ahead. He would continue on, despite his current issue, and reached the spot he would need to travel through...but, first...he needed shade, as his HP was still dropping from environmental hazard damage. He spotted a small, naturally formed hole in the huge rocks of he floor's biome, and he decided to enter it. Some endemic lizards hissed at him, but there were only two, and they seemed to only have recently discovered the spot. Vigilon grabbed one and tossed it out, and the other hesitated before deciding to leave. Vigilon got himself into the hole, and collapsed from the heat and fatigue.

Krysta did not intend to resort to having the provisions she was given, and it seemed that the other trapped players simply returned to slumber...but why? They couldn't have been hopeless! ...But what else was there to do? No, she couldn't give in! She equipped her shield, and would attempt to break out of her cell by force. She tried to apply force and function, as well as a running start, to utilize the shield as if it were a battering ram.

Klang!

Nothing happened.

Klang!

This attempt had gone just as well as the last.

Klang!

She would persist, hoping that the cell door was taking damage, or that the small parts keeping the door hinge connected were failing.

KRACCCKKK!!!!

Krysta had tried, but to no avail. The cell door stood firm, and the vanity shield she was using had run out of durability, as was shown by large cracks all over the shield, right before it shattered. Her attempt to escape had once again done nothing.

The only things Krysta ended up doing was not only break her shield and fail to escape, but she ended up waking the other captured players, too. They had nothing more than expressions of sympathy to give her...

After some time, a voice could faintly be heard in the distance. The cloaked player soon arrived, with another captured player struggling in a sack. He looked over to Krysta's cell, and appeared to be pondering for a moment or two. He moved towards one of the other cells, then he suddenly moved sideways, opened the door to Krysta's cell, set the player down in it, and quickly closed the door before Krysta had a chance to escape. The player got out of the sack, and looked around her, eventually making eye contact with Krysta. After standing there confused for about a minute or more, she spoke to Krysta. "What- What's going on here? Where are we?" The player then quickly looked around again, and saw her captor. She ran to the door. "What do you want with me?" She demanded. "It's not what I want..." The cloaked player admitted before walking away, as if to check the perimeter.

The captured NPC Player:

Spoiler

Dazlea.png.949e6ee1228fd59453abdf36ac77606a.png

Vigilon woke up, and looked at the time. 5:43 PM. He had been out for four hours and nineteen minutes. This was problematic, he didn't know if he was gonna be too late. He quickly got up...and hit his head. He crawled out of the hiding spot, and while it was still hot, it wasn't at a point where it would be damaging Vigilon every second. Every ten minutes, maybe, but still not enough for Vigilon to worry. He would continue on the path, hoping that he wouldn't have any more problems along the way to his destination.

Krysta could not lose hope, she just couldn't! As the hours began to pass, she waited for her chance. She felt something stirring within her...and looked to the provisions that were within the cell... No! She couldn't give in, she couldn't trust the cloaked player! She would not become helpless, she would not become hopeless, she would not dare become submissive! "I shan't give in!" She said aloud, as to keep her thoughts on track. "I shan't give in!" She repeated. She felt weakened, she felt fatigued, but she did not wish to cave like this. Soon, she heard a voice. She looked in front of her to see that her captor had returned with yet another victim. The cloaked player moved over to one of the cells in the room, then suddenly opened Krysta's cell and swiftly place the victim in the cell before closing it and locking it. Krysta's new cellmate would try to learn of her situation, looking around frantically, before making eye contact with Krysta. After some awkward staring, the player would speak to Krysta, asking her about what was going on. She then spotted her captor and demanded to know what was happening, before being told that it wasn't him who wanted this. When the captor left, Krysta slowly approached the player. "He claims that he is a mercenary, doing this because he 'has to'. I believe he would have had a choice in the matter, so there's no doubt that he must be lying." She explained.

The player who had been the most recently captured was spoken to by Krysta. She claimed that the captor was lying to her, and that he couldn't be trusted. "In all honesty, I thought it would be obvious that he means harm. If I'm hearing the both of you correctly, then he's doing whatever this is for someone else...so then, why?" She looked around the room, seeing that all four cells, including the one she was in, had two players within, both female. "Ok...now I'm about to panic." She admitted. "Exactly what do you think someone, apparently other than the one who kidnapped us, want with eight women, possibly more?" She thought aloud, before shuddering at the multiple possibilities. She looked back to her cellmate. "Guess I might as well get to know you, while we're here. I go by Dazlea."

Vigilon walked along the path, hoping he wouldn't end up going through more than he bargained for. He needed to save his girlfriend from whoever had captured her. He saw that the sun was close to setting, it was almost dusk. He would then look ahead, and see... oh, wonderful, there were monsters in the way. He decided to just kill them and move on, and when the monsters saw him, their cursors changed to hostile colors. Yeah, he was gonna have to fight these things anyway. A Tornado Kick or two should be able to take them out. He attempted to use the sword art, but he only hit two of them, and his foot hit the first one's stinger...and the boot apparently wasn't durable enough to not get pierced. The scorpions attempted to sting Vigilon, and only one of them hit, as the first one didn't need to from Vigilon's mistake...aside from a slight push as to make sure it actually stung him.

ID# 155914 BD: 1(Crit. Miss!!), MD: 8-1=7(hit)

ID# 155916 BD: 6+1=7(hit), MD: 10(Critical!! +2 DMG, inflicted Poison!)

ID# 155919 BD: 2+1=3(miss), MD: 2-1=1(miss)

ID# 155920 BD: 8+1=9(hit), CD: 11(recovered an additional 3 EN), MD: 3-1=2(miss)

Tornado Kick: 15x6=90 DMG to Toxic scorpions 2 and 4

Vigilon:  HP 714/740EN 66/84 | 14 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 3 REC | PAR | T2 BLD }Poisoned: 4 turns, 6 DMG{

Enemies:

Toxic Scorpion 1: HP 100/100, 30 DMG, Envenom: Inflicts poison on MD 9-10

Toxic Scorpion 2: HP 10/100, 30 DMG, Envenom: Inflicts poison on MD 9-10

Toxic Scorpion 3: HP 100/100, 30 DMG, Envenom: Inflicts poison on MD 9-10

Toxic Scorpion 4: HP 10/100, 30 DMG, Envenom: Inflicts poison on MD 9-10

Edited by Vigilon

The player would give her thoughts as she took analysis of the situation, growing worried from doing so, coming close to a panic. Krysta shuddered from the thoughts, the multiple dangers that might occur from a scenario like this one. The player would introduce herself as Dazlea. "Sounds very close to someone else I know of... I'll admit, under normal conditions, I'd say that it is a pleasure to meet you...but these are not the best of circumstances...still somewhat pleasant meeting you, however. I am Krysta." She explained. "I really do not wish to dwell on what could happen if help does not arrive in time...but knowing my boyfriend, surely there is at least one person seeking to aid us in our plight. I know him well enough to see that...but at the rate things are declining, I do hope he arrives soon...as I am running out of escape options." She admitted.

Krysta would introduce herself to Dazlea, and give her thoughts on the situation at present. "Alright...that's a bit reassuring, at least, knowing you have someone looking out for you, on his way to help, either lost or on the right track, hoping to rescue you...and probably the rest of us, too." She noted. She would look around her for a short moment, then she would access her inventory to pull out her scythe. "If there are any keys on the walls, I should be able to reach them with this...hopefully."

Vigilon got up, and attacked with another Tornado Kick, striking all four monsters, and killing three of them. He dodge rolled to the left to avoid the last remaining scorpion's stinger. When Vigilon looked over to the monster, its HP was in the red. Any reasonable monster after being severely injured, and having seen how quickly its friends were killed, would reevaluate its options at the very least.

ID# 155931 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG, Inflicted Paralysis and Bleed), MD: 10(Critical!! +2 DMG, Refreshed Poison!)

ID# 155932 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG, Inflicted Paralysis and Bleed), MD: 2-1=1(miss)

ID# 155933 BD: 7+1=8(hit), CD: 10(recovered an additional 3 EN), 3-1=2(miss)

ID# 155934 BD: 5+1=6(hit), MD: 1(Crit. Miss)

}Poison Damage: Vigilon takes 6 DMG{

Tornado Kick: 17x6=102 DMG to Toxic scorpion 1

Tornado Kick: 15x6=90 DMG to Toxic scorpions 2, 3, and 4

Triple Kill!

Vigilon:  HP 708/740EN 58/84 | 14 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 3 REC | PAR | T2 BLD }Poisoned: 3 turns, 6 DMG{

Enemies:

Toxic Scorpion 1: HP 0/100, 30 DMG, Envenom: Inflicts poison on MD 9-10 DEAD

Toxic Scorpion 2: HP 0/100, 30 DMG, Envenom: Inflicts poison on MD 9-10 DEAD

Toxic Scorpion 3: HP 10/100, 30 DMG, Envenom: Inflicts poison on MD 9-10

Toxic Scorpion 4: HP 0/100, 30 DMG, Envenom: Inflicts poison on MD 9-10 DEAD

Edited by Vigilon

Dazlea would feel somewhat reassured by the fact that there was indeed at least one person trying to help. She would then look around the area, and pull out her weapon, hoping its length would allow her to reach any keys, assuming they were around. "Well, that's one thing I haven't tried yet...because my choice of weapon is the rapier." Krysta admitted. Since the cloaked player wasn't around once again, Krysta would begin to wonder, was he out there seeking to kidnap another innocent young woman, or was he out for a different reason? She would look to where the stairs would be in the distance. "Alex...please help...I've tried everything...almost everything, actually." she thought and then realized. She would sit down, close her eyes, then have her focus upon something else. "Heavenly father, I call for your aid, that you would guide Alex over to us, so we could be free from the coming disaster that is fast approaching. I shall be content with what your plans have in store for me, not my will but yours be done..." Before her mental prayer would finish, the fatigue and weakening became too much for Krysta. She had tried so much, suffered from the early heat, and more. She fell on her side, unable to do anything else in her current state.