[F22-PP] There's Always a Bigger Fish <<King of Lakes>>

<<King of Lakes>>

Talk about a day. It felt like they were missing something important, but to be fair, they'd knocked out three quests the past few days, and this time it was only two notorious ones from the planner herself. Maybe the player was a tad biased with her schedule though, since the last few occasions, the outing had felt like an exhaustion and a half.

To her surprise, however, their fights had only taken them till the afternoon to concede. In an eagerness to fill the rest of her time with something else to do, NIGHT followed Yuki and Crozeph home like a lost puppy.

This third wheel shtick was getting old. But it still stuck to NIGHT like gum on a shoe. As they hopped off the teleporter, the vast lake at the heart of the floor had somehow caught her attention.

"Hey, you two want to head out fishing again? Could be fun. --You know, aside from the reeling from earlier today..."

@Zajcica @Crozeph

Y8KUauY.png

NIGHT
  | HP: 1285/1285 | EN: 124/124
  | ACC: 1 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 72 | BH: 51
  | HM: 6 | LM: 2 | LD: 10
  | Stealth Detection: 3 | Stealth Rating: 7
  | Dungeon Search: 2

- - -
[Examine]

[Equipment]

• Maneki-Neko Figurine
    -- [ Loot Die III | +3 LD. ]
  • Sleek Shift
    -- [ Mitigation I | +27 MIT. ]
    -- [ Heavy Momentum II | +6 DMG on an unsuccessful attack. Buff is removed on a successful attack. ]
  • Second Wind
    -- [ Mitigation I | +27 MIT. ]
    -- [ Light Momentum II | +2 ACC on an unsuccessful attack. Buff is removed on a successful attack. ]

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• [T1E3] Teleport Crystal (1) | Instant | TELEPORT
  • Tier III Blank Dungeon Map (2)

Skills

Skills

Mod Count: 8/8

1. Two-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Ferocity, Precision, Finesse
  2. Heavy Armor | Passive | RANK 3/5 
    > Athletics
  3. Searching | Passive | RANK 3/5
    > Reveal
  4. Hiding | Passive | RANK 4+1/5
    Blindside, Vanish,
    Surprise Attack: Trickster
  5. Extended Mod Limit | Passive | RANK 3/3 
  6. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 4/5

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Concentration | Active -- CD: 3
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3

Consumed Buffs

Spoiler
  • Tanos Statue | +1 LD

• [T1E3] Ice Cream Mochi (1) | LOOT DIE III
  • Spyglass (1) | -5 POSTS TO DUNGEON FIND (3/3)

Misc. Buffs

Spoiler
  • Dimensional Backpack, Item Stash
    | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots.
  • Well Rested
    | -1 EN for the first three expenditures of each combat. 
  • Relaxed
    | +(5 * Tier) HP per out-of-combat post. Full energy restoration occurs after two turns out of combat.
  • Squeaky Clean
    | -25% DoT damage taken from the first DoT applied to this player in a thread.
  • Skylight: Hiding
    | +1 Expertise to declared utility skill. Cooldown of 30 days to reassign.
  • Multipurpose
    | +1 LD/Prosperity/Stealth/Detection to one post per thread. Can be applied after a roll.
  • Filling
    | +1 T1 slot to a food consumed by this player in a thread. Can exceed Cook enhancement caps.
  • Col Deposit
    | +5% col from loot-minimum mobs, +10% col from treasure chests.

"Sure." Yuki agreed, remembering that there was another fishing quest on this floor that they had to complete. They still had time to get some grinding done before they were to wind down for dinner. She took a moment to wonder what they should even eat tonight. Something spicy? Or maybe something with less flavor that destroyed you tongue?

"This makes the third quest that you have to fish up some boss monster. I'm actually surprised that there isn't one of these types of quests on floor 24 with how water there is on that floor." Yuki said as they walked past her home and further out into the wilds off the 22nd. This outing probably wouldn't take them only a few minutes like usual with night not wielding her unique weapon. That would at least make it somewhat amusing to fight for awhile. Things dying quickly was getting a bit old.

[Activates Parry]

Spoiler

Name: Zajčica
Level: 57
HP: 1230/1230
EN: 114/114

Stats:
Damage: 3
Mitigation: 166
Evasion: -1
Accuracy: 2
BH:61
BLD:36
H.M.:2
REC:1
THRNS:54
TAUNT

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Durandal (T3/Perfect/OHSS): ACC II; BLD I
Armor: Charlemagne Rouge (T3/Perfect/Heavy): Heavy Momentum II, Rec I
Misc: Casa di Logistilla (T3/Perfect/Shield): Thorns II; Taunt

Skills:
One-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 1]
Heavy Armor [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Block [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Parry [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Defender

Mods:
Athletics
Stonewall
Shield Bash
Vengeful Riposte

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal*1
Immolation+2*8
Ration+2*7
Fiery Dragon Roll(MIT III)*3

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Tasty: Turn 2 identical food items into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Tanos Statue: +15 Mitigation for a thread.

Wedding Ring:

He was down for another quest and its still related to fish. "We should make some roasted fish out of these quests" he uttered. He has grown used to following Yuki, either beside her or behind her. It's still far to think that he can lead her anywhere, he still has doubts on people around him. If he could keep a list of who to trust then people can already back away from him, oh right their guestlist for the wedding. He had to think about it too, so many things to sort out in his mind. He also hasn't done the quest which he can give her the rewards. 

Crozeph approached Night as they gathered near the lake, lowering his voice he asked her something that she might only know about Yuki "hey, I know this is weird to ask, what kind of flower does Yuki like?" he said on a nonchalant manner but not loud enough for Yuki to hear "I couldn't ask her because it's a surprise so I'm asking you, her best friend."

40682749_statpic.jpg.1eb411181167d05bf990d782a549be42.jpg

Crozeph [Level 43]
  | HP: 880/880 | EN: 86/86
  | ACC: 4 | DMG: 15 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 48
  | FREEZE +1 | RECOVERY +2 | 

** Rank 3 Merchant - The Night's Watch
** WARNING: Mitigation cannot fall below 0!
  Hide contents

[Equipment]

• Lamina De Skadi [T2 Rare]
    -- Freeze +1 
    Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot) or natural successful attack rolls of 8-10 (2 slots) remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Frozen opponents lose any evasion properties. Striking a frozen enemy before the effect ends will end Freeze and deal an extra (12 * Tier) unmitigatable damage. [Must hit to activate the status condition.]
    -- ACC +2
    -- 
    A katana with a black hilt and an azure blade like a clear,  blue, lake water. The name translates into "Blade of Skadi" a goddess who also represented hunting and winter, signifying its use as for hunting or attacking foes by freezing them. When equipped, the user 's breath will be like one who is breathing in a cold place and the freeze effect is seen as some kind of water splashing that freezes upon contact with the target.
  • Cloak of the Oath
    -- MIT +2 

-- EVA +1
    -- A
     black haori who belonged to a vice-president of the Shinsengumi. Enables the wearer to withstand attacks and also evade it.
  • Caster's Mystic Code
    -- Recovery +2

-- ACC +1
    -- 
    A platinum band for the wrist with runic inscriptions worn by a Babylonian king who had access to magecraft. This item gives a boost on accuracy and ability to restore energy to cast more spells just like how the previous owner wanted it to work, it glows a vibrant blue when it activates through the lettering.

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• Blessed Marble +1 EVA +1 Life-Mending
  • x2 T2 Perfect Fiery Dragon Roll [MIT]
  • x2 T2 Rare Udon Bowl +2 ACC
  • x2 T2 Rare Mochi +2 LD
  • x2 T2 Rare Ramen Bowl +2 EVA 
  •  
  • Dimensional Backpack

Skills

Hide contents

Mod Count: 3/5

1. Katana | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Finesse R3 Precision 
  2. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 3/5 
    > Athletics
  3. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 2/5
  4. Curved Sword | Passive | RANK 1/5
  5. First-Aid | Active | RANK 3/5
  6. Extended Mod Limit | Passive | RANK 0

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Meditation | Active I +10 EN
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3

Misc. Buffs

Hide contents
  •  Relaxed | Passive | House buff
    >  

Edited by Crozeph

"Flower?" NIGHT raised a brow at the question -- mostly because she hadn't expected that sort of information to have been brought up at all. Now that she thought about it, superficial topics with trivial information were things they'd rarely discussed since her and Yuki were always out with a focus on grinding. When it came to her friend's domestic life...

"Your guess is as good as mine to be honest..."

She scratched the back of her head as they'd reached the lake -- and then an NPC showed up, saying that it was 'being reserved' for a 'local event' about a fishing competition to be held tomorrow.

What. How apt. They chased the party off towards a secondary location, and during that time, NIGHT had nearly let the man's questioning slip away from her in the fuss. She'd only recalled it at the last second.

"I don't think it matters too much," she returned. "The thought alone is most likely what she'd appreciate the most."

@Zajcica

Spoiler

Travelling to mountain lake... [1/3]

Yuki took the lead ahead of her two friends. She was still just as eager to get this grinding done and be a worthy level for front liner approval. If that's what it took to earn more respect from someone like Shield or Mari, then she would get it down. Now that she had made it this far, she knew that she expectations to live up to. 

The forest was quiet since she had taken a lead on her two friends. They talked behind her without being able to hear their conversation. Apparently they were looking for some little lizard that would be used for bait on this boss monster. Whatever, as long as they got to finish the quest, she wouldn't care how it got done.

After a moment, she turned to the two of them, after their conversation had concluded, and smiled. "We're looking for a little lizard as bait right? What do they look like? Do you guys know?"

Spoiler

Traveling to Lake: [2/3]

"I guess the thought is what..." he began to think of who he is "my thoughts are really not that good when it comes to things like this," he told her. Crozeph then turned his attention to Yuki, how she's asking for a lizard as a bait "I don't know if I can catch one but I'll try" he told her. The lizards Crozeph knew was the one he saw on science labs in college. "They look slippery because of their scales and they are fast as heck" he was trying to explain to her what they look like. He raised his two index fingers and tried drawing a lizard in the air but if someone would take a closer look at it, it looks like he's drawing a pencil or a marker.

"The ones I see are of color green or matching the bark of a tree" he continued. His description was getting more blurry with the more he continued and at this point was Yuki even getting the description that he's telling her?

Spoiler

Traveling to Lake: [3/3]

"I think they look like this--"

NIGHT casually picked up the lizard in question off the surface of a worn grey rock. Holding it by the tip of its tail, she presented it to the group with a neutral expression. It writhed under her grip, though the player didn't seem to pay it any mind.

"See? It has a cream underbelly that extends to its paws, and the top of it is perfectly red. Yellow eyes -- I think sometimes they could be blue too, and they usually like to hang out in the open rather than in the grass or the dark too, so..."

It had only registered to NIGHT after two blinks and the flick of its lizard tongue that, oh, you know -- NIGHT was holding a lizard and by gods she hated them so much--

"Holy shit--!!"

In a last ditch attempt to flee, she chucked it at Yuki in a failed flail, dusting off her gloves in a frenzied stutter.

@Zajcica

Spoiler

ID: 156335 | LD: 21 (11, +10) | Red Salamander found!

Yuki turned to meet Night's gaze as she mentioned that she had found the lizard. The moment that she did, Night had already tossed the tiny creature at her. It landed... square on her face. At first, the paladin wanted to puke. Reptilians reminder her of snakes and she didn't think that her fear of the slithery creatures would easily branch into that.

With the most school-girl-ish scream that the two of them had heard from her before the girl peeled the little guy off her face and launched it in the air. She wanted nothing to do with it. Quickly, she wiped off her face from any kind of fluids that the lizard had stuck to her with it's slimy body. "Maa! Don't throw those disgusting things at me! They're so gross!" She whined to Night, her tone depreciating more as she tried to clean her face thoroughly despite having nothing to wipe it off with.

image.png
Catching lizard....fail

• ID:156339
  • CD: 9 I Lizard caught

"Yeah, that's a lizard..." Crozeph squinted his eyes "...it's more of a salamander to me" he added. After a few seconds, Night tossed the lizard to Yuki. Crozeph smirked as he saw it stick to her face "heh, but seriously don't play with that thi..." Yuki quickly pulled it off her face. Crozeph stepped on the tail of the salamander before it could get away from them. Knowing that these kinds of creatures are known for leaving their own limbs to escape, Crozeph picked it up and held the salamander firmly on its body "now how do we use this as bait?" he asked as he waved it towards Yuki and Night.

Crozeph had no problem handling creatures like these, simply because they have four legs. The lizard squirmed as he held it, desperately to break free from him "what if we cook it? can you cook this one Yuki? he asked.

Edited by Crozeph

"Maa! Don't throw those disgusting things at me! They're so gross!"

"S-sorry! It's totally an accident...!" She struggled to keep her cool as she'd floundered, still upset that her hands had managed to connect with that tiny gross thing. With a gasp, NIGHT finally recovered, just in time for Crow to mention the thought of eating the salamander.

"--Cook it?" NIGHT pulled a face as her eyes rested upon the reptile, hair still standing on end. "No. No way. We are not cooking that thing for anything." A pause as she tried to collect her thoughts, trying to recall what the party was set out to do. "It'll be used for bait down at the Lake of Reflections, I think... We'll have to head back, then. Maybe this'll let us fish there for a while, even if it's just for a handful of catches and nothing else."

The player rubbed at the bridge of her nose as she turned around to continue their journey, but not before sensing that something felt out of place with the environment around her. "--You two go on ahead," she instructed the party, pulling open a map from her inventory. "I'll follow behind shortly."

@Zajcica

Spoiler

ID: 156348 | LD: 20 (7, +12+1) | Intermediate Dungeon found. Applying Multipurpose to boost this roll by 1.
Caching dungeon search in a Blank Tier III Dungeon Map. Received [Intermediate Dungeon Map: Floor 22 (#156348)].

Yuki's boot slammed down on to Crozeph's toes the moment he suggested cooking the lizard after having watched her scream like a little girl about touching it. "NAI! I refuse to cook something like that!" The paladin huffed walking back towards the lake and letting Crozeph handle the bait. Her arms folded around her chest the pouted, fearing of what Crow was going to suggest she should cook him next. Spiders? Shivers went down her back at the mere thought of that.

When they finally came back to the lake, Yuki eyed the gross little lizard and nearly puked thinking about touching it again. However, she would have to. The paladin wasn't the best with fishing, but if she knew how these stupid things worked, she could likely just toss it in the water and it would come out. She stole the little animal and yeeted the poor thing into the air towards the lake. "Ew, ew, ew, ew!" She chanted until it left her hand.

The lizard squirmed through the air, until it was swallow whole by the emerging fish. It slammed onto the ground Yuki tried to get over the feeling ghosting her hands attacked the monster, parrying it's attack to the side and offering another strike with refined grace. "I'm going to destroy you for making me touch that stupid thing!"

beefec877471081d1a47f6baaafcf0af.png

King of Lakes | 1040/1200 -(55+105) | 125 DMG | 20 MIT

Zajčica | HP: 1229/1230 (-1) | EN: 113/114 -(1) | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA:-1 | ACC: 3 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC:1 | THRNS: 54 | TAUNT | BH: 61 | DoT -25% | Vengeful!
Crozeph |
Night |

Abilities:
<<Body Slam>> On an MD of 9, the boss will jump high into the air and crash down in the center of the players, sending out a shock-wave dealing 120 AoE damage. 

<<Dive>> On an MD of 10, the King of Lakes will take the player with the highest hate in its teeth and drag it back into the lake. The player will take 150 unmitigatable damage and need to swim back to the shore, missing their next attack.

• ID: 157382
  • BD: 8(+4) success I CD: 6 [Recovery] proc +4 EN
  • Crozeph dealt 15 x 15 San Ge = 225 - 20 MIT = 205 damage to King of Lakes

King of Lakes | 835/1200 -(205) | 125 DMG | 20 MIT

Zajčica | HP: 1229/1230 (-1) | EN: 113/114 -(1) | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | EVA:-1 | ACC: 3 | BLD: 36 | H.M.: 2 | REC:1 | THRNS: 54 | TAUNT | BH: 61 | DoT -25% | Vengeful!
Crozeph | HP: 880/880 I EN: 86/86 I DMG: 15 I MIT: 48 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2
Night |

Crozeph felt a tingle as Yuki stomped on his foot, if there were no dampeners then Crozeph would be holding his foot and writhing on the ground. It was a deadly moved to him but somehow he was thankful that Cardinal placed dampeners, he turned his head to Yuki as soon as she tossed it into the lake like it's some kind of used diaper. "I'm sorry, I didn't know you hated them that much, I kinda ate a cooked one way back but it tastes horrible so maybe if it's you the..." Crozeph was stopped when it appeared.

The King of Lakes took the bait and jumped out of the water, some king it was to take the first bait "well I guess we have to deal with this one" he thought. Crozeph rushed forward and attacked the ugly fish, multiple red cuts appeared and dealt damage to the creature. It felt nice now that his build has been more efficient, the only thing he's missing is the support items and to up his rank on his first aid.

Edited by Crozeph

When NIGHT had said she would catch up with the duo in time, she hadn't exactly stated how long she'd be gone for. By the time her figure peeked out from the forest, the duo was already picking a fight without her, facing off an ugly large fish waiting in the wings.

With. With tiny feetsies. And fins too small to swim with. How, exactly, was this monstrosity able to swim in water again? The player grimaced as she'd pick up her pace, racing towards the beast with her sword drawn. Apparently her ire against the fish's visage had been so strong that the blow she'd struck it with sent the creature reeling backwards, nearly ushering it back into the water.

She landed with a slide, blade lining the ground in a straight trail. It was just under half of its total health now, and NIGHT would prefer to end it sooner than later.

@Zajcica

Spoiler

ID: 157385 | BD: 10 (9, +1)
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs King of Lakes.
19 + 1 = 20 DMG | 20 * 13 = 260 DMG | 260 - 20 = 240 DMG

King of Lakes | HP: 595/1200 (-240) | DMG: 125 | MIT: 20

[2] NIGHT | HP: 1285/1285 | EN: 115/124 (-9) | DMG: 19 | MIT: 72 | ACC: 1 | BH: 51 | HM: 6 | LM: 2 | LD: 10
[4] Zajcica | HP: 1229/1230 | EN: 113/114 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -1 | BH: 61 | HM: 6 | BLD:36 | REC: 3 | THRNS: 54 | TAUNT | VENGEFUL RIPOSTE
[1] Crozeph | HP: 880/880 | EN: 74/86 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 48 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 1 | REC: 4 | FRZ: 9-10/24

BODY SLAM: On MD9, AoE 120 DMG.
DIVE: On MD10, 150 unmitigatable DMG + stun on player w/ highest hate.

The King weeble-wobbled it's way over to Yuki and clamped it's massive jaw on her leg as she was trying to move. Soon it started to drag her towards the lake on her back, intending to drown her. Hell no.

The paladin's fist began to glow with a radiant energy. Normally she saves the attack to work in conjunction with heavy momentum, but there was no way she was going for a dunk with this thing. Her hand reached forward and slammed into the beast's face, not stopping it with the first attack, but surely the second punch stopped it dead in it's tracks as they reached the shore.

The paladin stood to her feet and looked at the dazed enemy. A disgusted frown graced her lips. "Like hell you think you're going to drag me into that lake you little shit!" She was already angry about having to touch the lizard, this wasn't helping her mood.

image.png

King of Lakes | HP: 521/1200 (-20+54) | DMG: 125 | MIT: 20

[2] NIGHT | HP: 1285/1285 | EN: 115/124 (-9) | DMG: 19 | MIT: 72 | ACC: 1 | BH: 51 | HM: 6 | LM: 2 | LD: 10
[4] Zajcica | HP: 1229/1230 | EN: 113/114 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -1 | BH: 61 | HM: 6 | BLD:36 | REC: 3 | THRNS: 54 | TAUNT | VENGEFUL RIPOSTE
[1] Crozeph | HP: 880/880 | EN: 74/86 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 48 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 1 | REC: 4 | FRZ: 9-10/24

ID: 158212
BD: 3 + 4 ACC = 7 success
Crozeph dealt 15 x 15 San Ge = 225 -  20 MIT = 205 damage to King of Lakes

King of Lakes | HP: 521/1200 (-20+54) | DMG: 125 | MIT: 20

[2] NIGHT | HP: 1285/1285 | EN: 115/124 (-9) | DMG: 19 | MIT: 72 | ACC: 1 | BH: 51 | HM: 6 | LM: 2 | LD: 10
[4] Zajcica | HP: 1229/1230 | EN: 113/114 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -1 | BH: 61 | HM: 6 | BLD:36 | REC: 3 | THRNS: 54 | TAUNT | VENGEFUL RIPOSTE
[2] Crozeph | HP: 880/880 | EN: 62/86(-12) | DMG: 15 | MIT: 48 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 1 | REC: 4 | FRZ: 9-10/24

It was ugly, but does not warrant the hatred Crozeph has to the more weird creatures of Aincrad. If the setting of the game was more R-rated, Crozeph would be feasting in the flesh and bones of creatures living in the darkness or simply those who has more than four legs and not an ant. Still, he winced at the sight of the King of Lakes emerging "I guess he's the most good-looking guy in them school of fish" he muttered.

His jokes however was stopped when the fish tried to drag Yuki to the lake. It felt like something sweet was being taken away from Crozeph that he dashed like a madman towards it. Yuki managed to break free with a good ol' sucker punch and as she stood up and uttered words that Crozeph was too pissed off to hear, he went past her and slashed at the face of the creature. It looked like he was trying to make it sushi as fast as he can but its size was too much. He took a step back and began kicking the fish "she doesn't want to be your bride!" he uttered with a faint growl. 

Edited by Crozeph

The King of Lakes was a grotesque monstrosity; an abomination let by the system to live and given legs to meander the earth. A one-of-a-kind model, this beast, and here were the trio of sound mind to put it out of its misery.

So on behalf of her disappointed, disgusted and devastated company, NIGHT danced her circles around the hulking would-be sushi. One channel of her will and her steel woke with a sharp luminescence, the fighter's footwork carrying her around and away from the close proximity of the marine life. In a single swing did the ground spark to her calling; a rumbling that unsettled the dirt, jagged spikes of energy shifting its way to their target in zig-zags, before rupturing its underbelly with a powerful surging crash piercing upwards, sending the poor over-sized fish into shock.

Its stagger must've kilted it off balance too. Fins crumbled underneath their host's weight as they met the ground, the field boss flopping about idly and gasping for air and mercy.

@Zajcica

Spoiler

ID: 158260 | BD: 9 (8, +1)
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs King of Lakes.
19 * 13 = 247 DMG | 247 - 20 = 227 DMG

King of Lakes | HP: 294/1200 (-227) | DMG: 125 | MIT: 20 | STUNNED | BODY SLAM | DIVE

[3] NIGHT | HP: 1285/1285 | EN: 106/124 (-9) | DMG: 19 | MIT: 72 | ACC: 1 | BH: 51 | HM: 6 | LM: 2 | LD: 10
[4] Zajcica | HP: 1229/1230 | EN: 113/114 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -1 | BH: 61 | HM: 6 | BLD:36 | REC: 3 | THRNS: 54 | TAUNT | VENGEFUL RIPOSTE
[2] Crozeph | HP: 880/880 | EN: 62/86 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 48 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 1 | REC: 4 | FRZ: 9-10/24

Although completely dazed by Night's attack, the beast of a fish somehow managed to find it's foot hold and return to it's cursed quadrupedal existence. Yuki stood in front of her company, being the beacon of light that she is and grinning a little angrily at the beast. She was still mad about having to touch that lizard to lure it out of it's lake so they could actually fight.

Her blade lit up a lovely golden hue of glory, slashing through it's target precisely while even dodging the mobs attack entirely. How embarrassing that must be since she was literally one of the easiest player targets in the game to hit with Stonewall active. The bleed effect appeared on the enemies health bar and drained away a bit of it's health for the troubles. "Come on, you were trying so hard just a moment ago and now you can't do anything? Just die already, you're really starting to get on my nerves just having to look at you."

image.png

King of Lakes | HP: 247/1200 (-1+36) | DMG: 125 | MIT: 20 | BODY SLAM | DIVE

[3] NIGHT | HP: 1285/1285 | EN: 106/124 (-9) | DMG: 19 | MIT: 72 | ACC: 1 | BH: 51 | HM: 6 | LM: 2 | LD: 10
[8] Zajcica | HP: 1229/1230 | EN: 113/114 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -1 | BH: 61 | HM: 6 | BLD:36 | REC: 3 | THRNS: 54 | TAUNT | VENGEFUL RIPOSTE
[2] Crozeph | HP: 880/880 | EN: 62/86 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 48 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 1 | REC: 4 | FRZ: 9-10/24

ID: 158300
BD: 5 +4 = 9 success I CD: 9 [Recovery] proc
Crozeph dealt 15 x 15 San Ge = 225 - 20 MIt = 205 damage to King of Lakes

King of Lakes | HP: 42/1200 (-1+36) | DMG: 125 | MIT: 20 | BODY SLAM | DIVE

[3] NIGHT | HP: 1285/1285 | EN: 106/124 (-9) | DMG: 19 | MIT: 72 | ACC: 1 | BH: 51 | HM: 6 | LM: 2 | LD: 10
[8] Zajcica | HP: 1229/1230 | EN: 113/114 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -1 | BH: 61 | HM: 6 | BLD:36 | REC: 3 | THRNS: 54 | TAUNT | VENGEFUL RIPOSTE
[3] Crozeph | HP: 880/880 | EN: 54/86(-12+4) | DMG: 15 | MIT: 48 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 1 | REC: 4 | FRZ: 9-10/24

DIVE: On MD10, 150 unmitigable DMG + stun on player w/ highest hate.

Crozeph took a deep breath before attacking. For a moment it looked like they were bullying the King of Lakes but that's just him. If this creature was facing a group of lower-level players they'd terrified, especially if the fish drags them into the lake. They however was annoyed, Yuki's mood is already plunging to bad because of the lizard and his planetary-level of the stupidity of asking Yuki if she can cook it and Night... well she's always had this shounen protagonist vibe like she will obliterate anything and she can.

Crozeph unleashed his most powerful sword art on the King of Lakes dealing enough damage for it to reach a critical level. Soon the quest will be over and he was thinking if an ugly fish like that is going to be passable for Yuki to cook.

Edited by Crozeph

Here's the thing with fallen creatures and great swords, an observation that NIGHT took note of when she'd played Monster Hunter: sometimes, they'd mess up bad and wouldn't get their Charge III off in adequate time (or positioning), and then their target would get back up and interrupt their missed-opportunity-being saved in motion. It was either with a roar, or they'd move out of position, which meant that their biggest hits would be out of line, mishaps ranging from "by a hair" to "it's literally on the other side of the field now".

This was exactly one of those scenarios. As the beast got onto its four nubs, its charge only served to displace Yuki for only a moment before the party started to chase after it. Meanwhile, NIGHT had accidentally set off an unintentional sword art, the woman finding herself stuck mid-animation landing hits where her opponent once was. Her body wrestled desperately with the system to force her movements towards the boss' new location.

@Zajcica

Spoiler

ID: 158416 | BD: 3 (2, +1)
NIGHT missed!
> Heavy Momentum, Light Momentum stack gained. (+6 DMG, +2 ACC)

King of Lakes | HP: 42/1200 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 20 | 
BODY SLAM | DIVE

[3] NIGHT | HP: 1285/1285 | EN: 105/124 (+1, -2) | DMG: 25 | MIT: 72 | ACC: 3 | BH: 51 | HM: 6 | LM: 2 | LD: 10
[8] Zajcica | HP: 1229/1230 | EN: 113/114 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -1 | BH: 61 | HM: 6 | BLD:36 | REC: 3 | THRNS: 54 | TAUNT | VENGEFUL RIPOSTE
[3] Crozeph | HP: 880/880 | EN: 54/86 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 48 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 1 | REC: 4 | FRZ: 9-10/24

As the King came back in for one final attack, the entire group seemed displaced, however, Yuki had yet to falter as it descended upon her. It looked as though it was going to make a regular attack, but then it hopped into the air, much higher than she thought it's tiny legs could take it. When it came back down, Yuki did the most simple thing she could have done: She walked underneath the bosses path and stood still.

When it came back down, it landed directly on top of her. Everyone still took damage from the area of effect, but at least it was finally dead. Yuki sighed as the polygons around her cleared. "Well, that was annoying. Let's go back to my place and get something to eat, something that is reasonably edible please." She glared at Crow for a moment, his words of asking her to cook a fucking lizard echoed through her head.

image.png

King of Lakes | HP: 42/1200 -(75+36+54) | DMG: 125 | MIT: 20 | BODY SLAM | DIVE

[3] NIGHT | HP: 1237/1285 -(120-72) | EN: 105/124 (+1, -2) | DMG: 19 | MIT: 72 | ACC: 1 | BH: 51 | HM: 6 | LM: 2 | LD: 10
[8] Zajcica | HP: 1229/1230 -(120-166) | EN: 112/114 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 166 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -1 | BH: 61 | HM: 6 | BLD: 36 | REC: 3 | THRNS: 54 | TAUNT | VENGEFUL RIPOSTE
[3] Crozeph | HP: 808/880 -(120-48) | EN: 54/86 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 48 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 1 | REC: 4 | FRZ: 9-10/24

Spoiler

Rewards: 

SP: 3 quest, 1 page, 1 event
Filet of King: T3 Perfect Meal
Over Health Adds +135 HP to your maximum health points for a single thread.
200 col to Night and Crozeph.