[F3-PP] Where Are We!!!

Sam wanted to get to know the floors better so she asked Eruda to come with her for back up to go adventuring to do just that. Knowing that she would need backup, Eruda was her first choice because it was the only one she knew well enough. She grabs a small pocketbook off the side of the table of Eruda shop and finds that floor 3 would be her ideal area for such an experimental procedure. Sam wanted to figure out what kind of creature and animal wonder the forest on that floor. The mist sounded fun, so she and Eruda walk toward the warp gate and teleport themselves to floor 3 for the adventuring. At this time it was mid-day so she hoped that they could get back in time to sleep. Sam turns to Eruda with a smile saying "Thank you for tagging along. I know that you can handle yourself so I wanted the back up just in case this look and see goes wrong for me."

Spoiler

Name: Sam
Level: 21
HP: 420/420
EN: 42/42

Stats:
Damage: 11

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Grand Cleaver - Stone: Damage 3 (3 Base)
Armor: Silver Band - Farore's Wind: Loot Dice 3
Misc: Sapphire Ring - Nayru: Prosperity 3

Skills:
Two-Handed Battle Ax [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Battle Ready Inventory:
Fire Brand - Din: Accuracy 3
Assault Division Bracelet: Rec 2, Acc 1
Teleport Crystal*1

"No problem Sam. You seemed to be highly keen on doing this and if anything happened to you and I wasn't there to at least try to help you then I would have been really mad. I am glad you let someone know that you were doing this." Eruda walks next to Sam entering the Forest of Wavering Mists. They both walk deeper into the forest not knowing what to expect. Looking to Sam she starts writing something in a small notebook. It seemed that she was gathering information based on what she saw in this area. As they got deeper, the fog got thicker and was no longer able to see more than a few feet from them. Eruda feels a small tug on her hand and instantly turns to see Sam holding her wrist. Eruda looking around seemed to be on edge a bit not being able to see hardly anything. 

They wonder for a long time around this forest and can't put any notes in the book for they couldn't see anything now as Eruda calls out "SAM WHERE ARE YOU SAM," as the sun begins to set and the light from the sun above begins to fade there view even more. Seeing how it was getting late and she wanted to get out of her and soon as possible now, she sends a message through the guild chat hoping that someone would come and help light the way. As she was typing the message she bumps into another humanoid figure and she instantly pulls her shield and sword out having no a clue who was in front of her but getting prepared for anything.

Eruda sends a guild message to get help saying: 

Sam and I got lost in the forest of Wavering Mist. Help is needed.

Eruda

Spoiler

Name: Eruda
Level: 25
HP: 500/500
EN: 50/50

Stats:
Damage: 3
Mitigation: 52
BLD:12
TAUNT
THRNS:18
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Bleeding Edge - Malice (Bleed 2, Taunt)
Armor: Resistance Plate - Lily (Damage Mitigation 3 (+27 Mitigation)
Misc: Stalwart Defender (Thorns 2, Recovery 1)

Skills:
Heavy Armor [Rank 4]
One-Handed Curved Sword [Rank 2]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal
Ebon Tether - Beauty (+3 Loot Dice)

Edited by Eruda

Haine stretched, feeling her bones crack. After a long, hard, productive day, she decided it was time to head home. She was on her way to the inn when her stomach growled, signaling her attention. "Ahh, about time..." She hummed, deciding to seek sustenance first. She stopped at a nearby tavern. It was pleasant to be among the crowds, listening to them go about their daily routines. She found a cozy spot in the corner to relish her meal. She scarfed it down and enjoyed the music playing. She washed it down with some cider and contemplated leaving, however her stomach demanded more sustenance. A meal was not complete without dessert! She ushered the waiter over and turned to speak, until a message on her HUD caught her attention. 

Ah, Eruda again? The blue haired woman remembered the guild mate and their quest together, she had taken a liking to her already. Haine pondered for a moment. She was already  tired, but she was close enough to the area to help if she wanted to. The woman pondered a moment more and decided to go on ahead. She tracked their location on her compass, leading her into the Forest of the Wavering Mists. It was dark and eerie out there, but Haine had grown cocky enough with her abilities to go out with reckless abandon. She ignited her torch and worked through the thickets and foliage. At some point, her light went out. She could've sworn it was a new item. Ah, well. The lady shrugged, then flipped through her inventory in search of something useful. To her horror, the backup torch was... missing. "No, no, no... useless thing!" She cursed aloud, throwing her extinguished torch against a nearby tree. 

She ventured on, more and more lost as the mists moved past her, shrouding her vision. She could no longer see her comrades on her map. She moved in one direction, hoping it was the right one. The sound of something cracking all but caused her blood to drain. She was not afraid of what lied ahead, but it was even scarier without the ability to see where it was. Legend had it that there were ghosts in this forest, lurking, ready to strike. She bit her lip nervously. Ghosts? Hah.

She stumbled into something soft and let out a blood curdling scream, seeing a figure with long, long, dark hair. Was that one of them? Haine landed on her caboose with an oof. She scrambled backward to create distance between her and this elusive figure.

Spoiler

Name: Haine
Level: 44
HP: 900/900
EN: 88/88

Stats:
Damage: 8
Mitigation: 12
Accuracy: 1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: 2H AS Paralyze II
Armor: Tier 1 light armor [Vanity]
Misc:

Skills:
Two Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 3]

Extra Skills: Fishing

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity
Precision
Athletics

Battle Ready Inventory:
(3) Starter healing potions - 50 HP

Edited by Haine

Feeling something bump into him Gaius was on edge, having been killing spiders and shanking specters in the mists. He originally just wanted to explore the forest but found himself turned around and evidently lost inside. He turns and yells within inches of the culprit "Yeah you want a piece!?" ripping his glaive out of thin air in a huff, before noticing it was Eruda. "What the F*** are you doing out here?" he looks her over inquisitively unsure if she was real, taking a finger and poking her chest. She was solid. "Well I am lost." Gaius remarks rather brashly, not one to beat around the bush. "You know the way out, I am going to starve to death out here." he seemed fine but the small bear at his feet was rather distraught looking, shaking and frightened. He looks down and offers the bear a scrap of food, who despite how uncomfortable it was still takes it and shoves it into its tiny mouth with both hands. A nervous eater.

Spoiler

Gaius, The Sweeping Typhoon
Level: 22
HP: 440/440
EN: 44/44

Stats:
Damage: 11

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Dragoon's Ascent [2HAS] (T1/Perfect) [+3 Base Damage]
Armor: Garuda's Fortune: [Trinket] (T1/Perfect) Prosperity III
Misc: Assault Division Bracelet: [Trinket] (T1/Perfect) ACC I; REC II

Skills:
Two Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Disguise

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3

Battle Ready Inventory:
Boar Hide Belt [Trinket] (T1/Perfect) [+3 Loot Dice]
Teleport Crystal*1
Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)*2

Edited by Gaius

In the warm yellow light, Raidou was working with one of the witch's brew trying to understand what it was composed of. It seemed as though the system was deliberately doing its best to conceal its composition. A tiny drop seems to burst the moment he tries to distill it and learn its chemical make up. Through a network of glassware and running tubing, Raidou was using burners and distillers. "Perhaps this is a lost cause, My progress has been the same for hours. None..." the alchemist comments to the empty building, scratching the name from his list of recipes convinced it was deliberately impossible to reproduce. With reluctance he changes gears, removing a few vials that were empty, placing them into a rack he produces a couple of herbs from his satchel. He does not realize the message that had just rung through the guild chat in his focus, unknowing that a good section of the guild was literally lost at his doorstep.

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer
Level: 56
HP: 1120/1120
EN: 112/112

Stats:
Damage: 8
Mitigation: 86
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:56
TAUNT
VAMP OFF:112
BLD:12

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Dracbane [T2/Perfect/2HSS]: V.O 1, ACC 1, BLD 1
Armor: Commander's Scrutiny - Duress [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +2 Accuracy, Taunt
Misc: Red Wanderer's Robe [T1/Perfect/L.A] +3 Evasion

Skills:
Gatherer [Obtained]
Two Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
One Handed Straight Sword [Rank 3]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Light Armor [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Protector

Mods:
Vengeful Riposte
Focused Howl
Finesse Rank 3

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Empty Slot
<<Darkness Salve>>*2
Tactician's Gaze - Ogma [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +3 Accuracy
Auric Sol - Corona [T3/Perfect/2HSS]: Damage 3

At the same time, the girl lets out a blood-curdling scream, Sam let one out at the same time. It was quite then and nothing was trying to attack Sam and then realized why would a ghost scream. Sam slowly walks forward trying to see what she hit or what hit her?? Being inches from this think she kneels down and realized that it was another play. Sitting down next to this play not actually knowing who it was saying "I am glad you ain't a ghost. I saw one just a little bit ago or I thought I did...Either that or I'm crazy." Looking at the players name now being a bit calmer, the fog was so thick that she had to squint to see the name. "Haine, I am Sam and well...apparently this was a bad place to try researching. I got separated from my friend Eruda and now I am super lost...You wouldn't happen to know the way out would you?"Sam sit the calmly waiting for the person that she can't really make out to speak hoping that it wasn't a player killer or a ghost...

"I..." She was sitting there on the floor, breathing heavily. She clutched a hand over her poor heart. The "ghost", another woman, sat down beside her on the floor, speaking. The ghost could speak? Now that the figure moved closer, she could briefly distinguish her name through the thick clouds around her. Sam, wasn't that the name of someone she was trying to help? removed her hand from her chest and cleared her throat. "Well I did..." Haine gulped, her tone tentative. She didn't want to humiliate herself or let her guild mate down with what she was going to say next. "Problem, I have no light. I need-" she started, "We need light." Out of all the times to venture out on the field unprepared. The eerie noises of the forest didn't help her nerves. She pushed herself off the ground, dusting her attire. A slight draft caused her to shiver.

"We're screwed."

Edited by Haine

Hearing Gaius's voice she sighs in relief. "I could ask you the same question Gaius," she says calmly and puts her equipment away knowing that he was not a threat to her. "If I knew where the out was then I wouldn't have sent that guild message out for help. Given that your lost and asked me for help, you didn't see that did you?" Eruda was getting a bit anxious and tired given that she has been here pretty much all day and she lost Sam in this foggy night mess. Hearing a branch crunch and a small winning sound she says "You brought him out here? What were you guys hoping to find? Sam wanted to do research and well here I am without her..." Eruda was talking more than normal. She stopped to think why but nothing was coming to her. "Have you ran into Sam?" Eruda tries so hard to look around but sees absolutely nothing. She sighs and keeps a close watch on Gaius as to not lose him too.

He stands up as Eruda starts to respond, Boris seemed alright with his food crammed into its mouth. Gaius reaches down and picks up the little ball of bear. "Right, so now what. Do we just live here now?" Gaius jokes putting his weapon away and beginning to scan around the woods around them but being unable to pick anything out that would show where they were. "I uh, was just looking around trying to do something fun, then I kinda got turned around, and now it's dark." Gaius explains himself rubbing the bear's stomach, it's tongue sticking out with belly rubs. "Now this guy helped me eat all my food, and I am getting a little tired. So miss leader, which way do we go." he prods the girl, simply giving her a hard time seeing if he could get under her skin as he does with everyone else.

He successfully concocts potions one after another with relative ease as he powders up the herbs he extracts from his inventory, reducing them to a fluid that travels through multiple lines and decanted into one vial in a boil. A few final drops from a small bottle make it flash for a moment, the first blue then purple showing it was perfect quality. Raidou filters them and dilutes it into four more glassware before corking them up. "A couple more damage potions for the vault." he comments placing them to one side, inside a vibrant red liquid that was solidifying as he places them to shelving, still none the wiser of what was happening in the wavering mists. He does however notice that his HUD seemed more active than usual this time of night. He coined it to Shiina messing around and chose to ignore it, for now, perhaps she would go to sleep after a bit.

Sam feels the brief wind as Haine gets to her feet. "Welp, Uhhh," Sam says looking around seeing nothing. "Dam...Eruda sent that help message through my guild chat...Someone is bound to come to our rescue soon. I thought Raidou for sure given that Eruda was lost out here too. Maybe he's too busy...Or maybe he thinks we can handle it..." Sam gets to her feet too. "So I know why I am here but how did you end up out here." She dusts off her rear too as she had no idea who this other person was. The trees begin to sway in the breeze around them. It was starting to get chilly out given that the dark had consumed their vision now with the fog in tacked. Sam hears a few branches crunch a few feet from them and given that she has already seen a few weird ghostly figures she doesn't want to stay in one place for too long. Her chest starts to pound and her not being able to see anything to attack made her freaked so she grabs Haine's arm saying "We are definitely not going to find a way out just standing here. Let's try finding my friend and getting the heck out of here," as she starts to run with Haine away from the noises that she was hearing.

"Uhh... the guild message?" Haine stated, matter-of-fact. "I'm a member of Firm Anima, I received Eruda's message for help." She pushed a stray strand of hair from her face. Winds picked up speed in the foggy night, pushing a draft through the forest floor. The bluenette shivered, wrapping her arms around herself for warmth. The forest howled, the cicadas chirped, it was the perfect situation for a horror movie. Sam seemed rather talkative - assertive at that too. The other taller woman took charge, dragging her along behind her. "Ah wait, slow down! You could trip!" Haine tried to reason. She quickened her pace to keep up with those longer strides. "We can't see a thing..!" There was a noise, somewhere off in the distance. She grabbed ahold of Sam and pulled back in an attempt to stop there. "Ssh. Do you hear that?" She slinked behind a tree and pressed her back up against it, finger pressed against her lips. It sounded like some voices were close by, but it didn't help that the forest was echoing. Eruda could've been in any direction.

Edited by Haine

"So you haven't seen Sam...got it. Sam thought fun and research would be interesting too but look where that got us." Eruda's stomach growls as he mentions food. "DAM IT..." Eruda says looking at the guild chat. "Why isn't Raidou responding. Why was I stupid enough not to come in the stupid Mist Forest without being prepared. Why the hell did I get talked into this? I had other things that I had to do but no." Eruda takes a slow deep breath as she closes her eyes trying to calm herself down. She reopened her HUD and closed it up. Eruda wasn't afraid of the dark, she was just irritated that she lost Sam and found Gaius who was also lost..."Come on Gaius. Let's go try finding Sam. Maybe then we can all get out of here. Stay close!" Eruda remarks as she grabs his sleeve and starts walking in a Random direction.

Sam? he hadn't seen her or anyone else for that fact. "Nope, no clue. I just came out here." Gaius remarks putting Boris down who was now much happier having received his belly rub, a bit less freaked out now. "Maybe he's busy. I mean we can get out of here if we try hard enough right?" he remarks pulling his glaive back out for the journey. "I've got your back, lead the way, miss leader." as he keeps pace with her, between the two of them they had a sufficient party incase anything wandered out of their surroundings. The mist was thick and obscuring everything as if no matter which way they headed it always seemed the same, like a corn maze they couldn't seem to find something that stood out amongst the path with all the trees looking exactly the same. "Well this seems, useless." Gaius remarks still rather hungry and irritated himself.

With that set of damage potions complete, Raidou moves on to the next that needed to be produced. He drags a pen through it on his list to make, removing a couple of orange tipped herbs and adding the materials into his mortar and pestle. Twisting the device in earnest to grind it down into flakes, the stench of citrus bleeds through his shop. He moves to open a window to let some of the heavy odor out. He hears yelling somewhere in the forest. "It's not smart to be out this late." Raidou comments. Moving for his gear it looks like he would need to rescue more players who had wandered in. Picking up his equipment, slipping into his red robe he exhales sharply and retrieves the pillar fragment and rubs his hands together causing them to produce light like a lantern. He moves and turns off the burner as the perfume he was working on would survive while he rescued those trapped.

Sam began to run with Haine but got pinned and shushed. In a whisper, she says "Yea I heard that. That's why I was trying to run...Wait you came to save us but you're lost too..." Sam starts to laugh a bit before realizing what she said before. "Your part of Firm too. I am part of the Provisionalist Division. You must be a new member, it is very nice to meet you, Haine. Yea Eruda could be anywhere but she can't be that far." Hearing the noise again Sam jumps and gets behind Haine. "This game is not like the others that I played. It is much more scarier." Hearing another noise and a quick woosh of the trees behind them Sam stands up straight with a shiver. "So your suppose to be the saver here...What do we do Haine." Sam usually had some form of the idea for everything but not this. 

Haine's eye twitched. Sam was quite audacious for someone in her circumstance needing help. "I-I..!" the bluenette huffed, then realized she couldn't say much now that they were lumped together. Both of them needed each other to get out of here alive and in one piece from these alleged ghosts. She swallowed her temper and unhanded the tall woman. "Assault division and the pleasure is all mine." Her guild mate was easily frightened and hid behind her. The girl figured she was one of those types to push her friend before her when push came to shove. A great pair for a horror sequence. "Good point, but is there anything like this?" Haine gulped, the howling wind embedding the worst scenarios in mind. Then came the golden question, and the initiative fell on Haine. She straightened her posture to assert her confidence, or lack thereof. "Um, we walk. We keep walking..." Haine looked around and blanked, before hastily pointing at a random direction. "...There!" She tried to stifle a nervous laugh, to no avail. Well, there went her cover. Sam should know for sure that they were up Schitt's creek.

Eruda hears some voices that were not from her or Gaius in the distance. "I think I hear Sam and someone else...Let's go and group together and then I will send a message directly to Raidou and see if he could come to grab us." Walking toward the voices that where talking realistically loud she grab Gaius by the sleeve so she doesn't lose him as she walks at a faster pace than before. Eruda sees movement inside the mist but has not a clue who it was. Hearing Sam's voice once more which was closer and sounded like it was just feet from them she says to Gaius "I think we found then...Sam" calling out silently toward the movement in front of then. Moments later she hers a response saying "OH thank gosh. We are here Eruda." Eruda drags Gaius with her toward the group and sees the blue-haired female with Sam. Eruda smiles toward her not knowing if she could see and opens her HUD to sent a message straight to Raidou saying: 

Me, Haine, Sam and Gaius are all stuck in this misted forest. Please come and get us out...Sorry to bother you so late.

Eruda

With a chime of her HUD, the message was sent. "I sent Raidou a message directly. Now we wait," Eruda says as she looks at the other 3 hoping that Raidou would come to grab them soon.

This was a clusterf*** by all sense of the word, after being toted around in aimless directions through the forest he felt they had been only wandering in circles. "Well isn't this just perfect, more people but not a single one of you have any idea how the hell to get out of here." He heard the other grouping who came into view, raring for a fight if it was hostile. He was getting rather pissed and a look to his HUD shows that it was rounding midnight, he'd been out here for 6 hours now. "I am going to eat a pinecone or something, man this blows..." barking to the trees and punching one of them in a fit of rage. Birds scatter when an ominous glow begins to approach from the shadows. Instinctually Gaius had had enough of this mess, was tired of these spectres, and lunges with a sword art charged.

The sword art screams toward him as Gaius rampages as the girl's squeal in fear or rage. Raidou slaps the weapon out of the way with relative ease, negating the damage it does. He looks on as the light builds around him. "What are you doing out here this late?" he asks as it looks like Sam is about to kill over, white as a sheet of paper. "This is not the place to be out late at night, it's easy to get lost." his HUD chimes with Eruda's message. "I see... I'll lead you out then." he chuckles and drags the group out of the wavering mist. A glance at Sam he sees a small book in her hands. "Leave the mapping to Me, Setsuna and Kasumi, Sam." removing a similar one from his pocket and quickly picking hers out of her hand. A flash of light transfers the data into hers. "And Gaius let this be a lesson to you, sometimes the path you walk may leave you without a way out."