[PP | FL06] Facing the New Light

Music

Nightmares plagued him everyday of the lost faces he used to remember. Who were they? What were their names? Why did they stare at them with their hollow blank eyes? Every night he would lie there awake until the struggle of sleep overtook his tired mind. It was there he would be tormented by a familiar face but he could't identify who they were.

He woke up startled again and rubbed his face. His eyes looked very tired as he managed to wake up. His daily ritual of proper cleaning, dressing, and his juice he managed to get a hold of. He looked around before leaving this little Inn room for good. He had made a purchase for a home but wanted to stay here one more night hoping that the dreams would lessen. Of course they didn't. He left there for the final time before embarking to floor 6. Gate was ahead and he would teleport using the function that was allowed. Destination cleared and the humidity was not bad today. It would be okay for them once they entered the house. He opened up his HUD and messaged Haine.

Haine,

Hey. I'm here at this location. I need to speak to you something important. 

Kiluia

He sent the message on its merry way as he headed to the place he wanted to go to. The house was just as impressive as he had left it. It was pretty as he waited at the entrance sitting on a nice little decorative stone. He had remembered a lot about Haine and with the design effort he put into it, he hoped she would enjoy it. 

Spoiler

Level 18 HP 380 EN:38

Armor: Rose Prism
Quality: Perfect
Roll ID: 150711
Enhancement: Evasion +1, Mit +2

Dagger: Jagged Fang
Roll ID: 155022
Enhancement: Damage+2, Bleed +1

Trinket: Primrose Cross
Roll ID:153798
Enhancement: Loot Dice 3

Trinket: Eye of Rain
Roll ID: 155021
Enhancement: Accuracy 2 , Recovery 1

UNID T2 Rare Consumable #155911a
UNID T2 Rare Consumable #155911b

Darkness Salve
Yui's Grace (3/5)
Blank Beginner Map
Blank Intermediate Map
Blank Advanced Map

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

Sleep was hard to find lately. She holed herself up in her room, afraid to face the reality before her. Along with all that she'd been dealing with trying to accustom herself to this new world, she was thinking hard about her siblings. Her messages to Ruri didn't go through and Keith - Keith had disappeared from her list. She hoped it was a glitch in her software, anything but what her suspicions were leading her to. She would find her answers, along with everything else she wanted to find out. She laid in bed, curled up on her side. She buried her face in her pillow, warm tears soaking the cold cotton. She had no plans for the day, only to take a stroll around time for a change of scenery. But maybe later. For now, for now she wanted to rest a while longer.

A chime on her HUD roused her attention, her swollen eyes glancing up at it. Kiluia had been kind to check in with her while he gave her enough space to be for a few days. Enough time had passed, a talk was long due. Today, she would find the answers she was searching for. The girl wiped away her tears, sending the other a quick confirmation. She trailed over to the mirror and noted her washed out appearance. No, this could not do. She would need to refresh first.

She traced the location down to the sixth floor and into a jungle, wandering through the underbrush. The lush environment had its charm with all its winding paths, she would've gotten lost were it not for the map beside her. The cool, not too humid morning breeze brushed against her face. She exhaled. Aincrad, in all its beauty, was therapeutic to enjoy sometimes. A large, cottage-styled mansion greeted her from afar.

The bluenette's jaw dropped as she admired it from afar. Kiluia's figure grew closer as she walked, he was waiting patiently on his doorstep, resting on a decorative stone. She stepped through the wooden gate and leaned against it, surveying the beautiful home and all its landscape. "Wow," Haine mused, pushing her weight off the gate. She ambled up to a stone across from the white haired male and plopped down in front of him.

Spoiler

Name: Haine
Level: 44
HP: 900/900
EN: 88/88

Stats:
Damage: 8
Mitigation: 12
Accuracy: 1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: 2H AS Paralyze II
Armor: Tier 1 light armor [Vanity]
Misc:

Skills:
Two Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 3]

Extra Skills: Fishing

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity
Precision
Athletics

Battle Ready Inventory:
(3) Starter healing potions - 50 HP

Edited by Haine

"Don't be nervous. You've known her. You don't need to flake out." He chanted the remark in his head. To pass time before she came, he was looking at his inventory and making it organized since he had never had time to. He was trying to find  courage in him to ask her one question. It was to be with him in this house. It meant alot of other questions would be asked down the line. He knew damn well she would figure him out. He was an open book to her. He was unable to make excuses or the like with her. It was often difficult in certain situations. 

It was then she was in front of him. He had spaced out about what life would be like with the two he was caught off guard. "Jeez. " He remarked startled from the surprise."Hey. Thanks for coming  out. I know its difficult." He offered a smile. Difficult was the understatement of the year. He searched her eyes and spoke softly. "I have a question.. I.. sorta bought this house.. And its really big.. So. " He was beating around the bush with his face turning  red." Yea. Did.. you wanna live with me?"

A soft chuckle escaped her lips as he flinched, startled by her sudden appearance. There was something down about her tone which lacked its usual vibrance. She was trying her best, however, a soft smile on her lips. His presence provided reprieve, it felt better to be with him than in that inn by herself. She was afraid of being left alone with these thoughts. She leaned forward, propping her her chin on her palms. "Ah, I'm managing," she started, waving her hand in dismissal.

The air, just slightly humid, was getting to her. With a hand, she swept her long blue locks to the side. She was preoccupied with that as she listened to the other speak. His tone was hesitant like there was something important to say. She paused and tilted her head. She searched his hesitant expression and the flush that crept on his cheeks. He spoke, tentative.

Haine blinked, incredulous. Live, in here, with him? She parted her lips to speak, only quiet incoherent stutters left them. His words stirred up something inside, those unusual butterflies. There some things he would say and do, that unbeknownst to him, had an effect on her. It was a constant state of push and pull when it came to her. She couldn't deny the tension whenever he held her or spared a glance longer than a moment. It was complicated to make sense of it, so the bluenette pushed it aside in favor of preserving what they had now.

The prospect of living together stirred up a whole world of possibilities.

"U-Umm...?" Haine straightened her posture, her attention captivated. Her palms were fumbling together on her lap. "Live with - here?" She pointed at him and then the beautiful mansion, her lips pursed into an O. "You want me to live with you?" Her cheeks grew warm. It wasn't... like that. Plenty of comrades lived together to maximize efficiency. He was simply doing her a favor as someone who cared. She gripped the sides of the rock and drummed it with her fingertips. "I guess," she started, clearing her throat. "Why the heck not?" She mustered her best inconspicuous laugh.

600055489_Kiluiablushing.gif.6d6334ffc392bdabf3d0f6b5c1fbc630.gif

His face was filling with a red look. His heart was pounding up until she said yes. The young man felt like the world became a little bit brighter now that she said yes but he knew that answer from her. Every memory of her from the town square to this moment filled his thoughts. He simply bowed his head and kept his gaze toward her feet. " I like you Haine... Its why I'm always running away from you. I can't say it looking it looking at your face. Its weird. I'm weird. I'm like 100 percent weird when it comes to this stuff. I don't know it. I can't figure out my life especially when it comes to our life here in this game. What I do know is that I am happy you said yes. I am happy to see you again... "His confession did not leave room for questions. The white haired young man had no idea how to do this but he did not want to leave room for any doubt between the two. If this was going to happen, they needed to be clear about how they felt. It would be awkward but less so if she knew all those years of running led up to this point of the young mans real feelings. "The place.. is ours... and..you can decorate it however you like.." He felt light headed after all of that.

Her brain all but short circuited. Her heart beat frantically, threatening to burst from her chest. Just when she thought she had skirted around it, Kiluia confronted her. She knew of his feelings for her ever since that day he blurted it out, but that was the end of it. They mingled with that awkward tension between them, a blurred dynamic of who they were to each other. Haine avoided that sort of confrontation. It was different this time. Kiluia looked away and confessed, leaving the girl no room for doubts.

Her defenses weakened and she looked within. She wanted more than what they had now, she was just afraid of the unknown. She wanted to remain close without anything complicating it, but that was only her inner coward speaking. She felt her cheeks, hot as could be. Now was the time to confess. "I... feel the same" she confessed, swallowing thickly. There were many ways to describe how she felt, yet put into words, she couldn't begin to explain. "I've never done this before, so I don't know how to say this, but I," she continued, "I wanna be with you. A-As more than friends, Kil." She twiddled her thumbs and looked down. "Ever since that time in the square," she admitted, shyly, a soft smile gracing her lips.  She spared a sideway glance to see if he was looking.

His heart rate increased exponentially. He had been chasing her since they were kids. The time in Germany and the time in Japan. His pulse was beating throughout his entire body like being struck like a drum at close distance.  Face turned from a blush to a deep burning sunburn red. His ears burned while the rest of his body became hot. Did he hear her right? He thought this would be a one sided confession that would ultimate lead to a shut down. Nothing prepared him for her answer as he felt all the air leave his body. 

He stared at the ground for a few more moments before he collected himself. He looked up at her with his face red. He was caught off guard by her charming little smile. "Th..anks. " He tried to speak to her without avoiding looking at her. "I.. Well.. I don't know either. I'm not sure... but I'm not leaving your side. I'll be there when you need me..." He swiped open his window and gave her master permission to the house they were going to live in."I'll answer.. whatever you ask... but. Welcome home, Haine."

The butterflies were at work again. She tried to maintain eye contact with him, but she was too shy. Her eyes were all over the place and the nerves within were a pleasant kind, a kind that imbued her with energy. She couldn't believe that she'd finally confessed, after running from her feelings for so long. It was the first dose of normalcy she needed to ground her after those misfortunes. She fixed her attention on the popup on her screen. She wasn't listening to a word he spoke as she was enveloped in her own thoughts. She looked up at the giant estate and gaped. All of that was hers to share with Kiluia, she could hardly believe it. She almost had to slap herself from letting her mind wander off. Without further ado, the giddy bluenette stood up. "C'mon, aren't ya gonna show me around?" She brushed off her attire and hooked her arm around his, attempting to drag him towards the doorstep.

A smile spread across his face. It was the first genuine smile he had produced since then. His arm looped around hers and the door allowed the pair to enter within the dwelling. He was shocked to see the house was exactly detailed the way he had wanted it to be. It seemed that despite the crap show of being trapped inside a video game, they spared no detail to bring a little normalcy to their life. He only made aware what he wanted in each room but hadn't actually seen it physically." I ... wow. " He looked at the first floor where there was their kitchen. It was like something of a cozy kitchen that reminded him of home. Their workshops were there. He looked at the performer studio where she would make her music and her items when she was able to. "I.. remembered you were a performer.. so I hope this studio is a place you an make music .. "He glanced on the the other side of the hallway to his workshop. It was straight out of a kitchen school. His eyes lit up as his hand slipped into Haine's instinctively squeezing it out of excitement. "Damn.."  

She was beyond ecstatic, stepping into the house. She gasped, her bright golden eyes twinkling. It was a house straight out of a fancy catalog, immaculate and tidy. She lived a wealthy life before the events of this game, so she was no stranger to a nice looking home. This, however, set the bar. And to think she would get to live here? She squealed, her curiosity prompting her to walk ahead of him. With every room she passed, the girl started to touch things. Linens, fabrics, little display pieces, everything with fascination. "Oh. My. God. I love it!" She looked up at him as his fingers laced with hers. She felt warmth, happiness. She was distracted from the world's troubles, choosing to focus on the good for now. "I'm so happy," she spoke, and by impulse she felt driven to do something daring. She stood on her tip toes and leaned in, contemplating on pecking his cheek. Her grumbling stomach made the decision for her. She pulled away, her cheeks tinged pink in embarrassment.

Edited by Haine

Their life was beginning together in a stage he could not have imagined. His eyes lit up at seeing her being so cheerful that it was like all the world seemed to melt away. Eyes glanced from room to room looking at their bedrooms to the slime farms outside. The benefit of the slime farms out weighed the actual look but they sorta looked cute? He turned to face her and was met with her lips close to his. His breath was caught as he stared down at her eyes. He was mesmerized and fascinated by this new feeling. It was anxiety but in a good way. It was, however, when she pulled away he was able to breathe again. The stomach grumbling gave him a smile as it was his cue to do actually make their first lunch together. 

He grasped her hand and interwove them together while making way to the kitchen. He had fooled around with some food but the only thing he could make were simple sandwiches and for dinner rice and some stew he didn't make. It was purchased but it tasted slightly like curry to him. But that was for later as he started to assemble their simple sandwiches."So its just simple. Its a jam that the locals like.. it sorta taste like a berry but nothing I have pin pointed." He placed the sandwich in front of her and a glass of juice. "Have a seat.." Was he actually going to dismiss the fact that she almost kissed him? It was almost like a switch had turned on before he cleared his throat. He wasn't going to kiss her yet. Hand reached up and brushed away her blue hair away from her face and looked at her amber eyes. "So... ask me questions.."

She followed him to the kitchen, her stomach cranky the whole way. She didn't think she'd be this hungry already. Odd. She ambled over to the kitchen counter, leaning her hip against it. Her gaze laid soft on him as she watched him go about his thing, her mind seemingly in a trance-like state. It was a habit of hers to admire him in his element from afar, unbeknownst to him. It hit differently now that things had changed between them. She fought back a cheesy smile, biting her lip. "Mmhm," Haine replied, not really remembering what he said. She pulled up a stool and struggled a moment to settle into it, all thanks to her short stature. "Aaah, I love jam." She helped herself to a bite of the sandwich and hummed. "Y'omm. Thith ith tho good!" She exclaimed, through a mouth full of food. She washed it down with a few sips of juice, ravenously. She just realized she was talking with her mouth full. The bluenette awkwardly averted her gaze from Kiluia to the wall, stuffing her face with another bite.

She was staring off into space until his hand brushed the stray locks from her face. She blushed and swallowed thickly. There were many things she wanted to ask him, it was hard to choose just one. Off the top of her head, there was one. She set the remaining quarter of her sandwich down and cleared her throat.  "So... have you ever had a girlfriend before?" She propped her chin on her palm and leaned forward. She tilted her head and searched his expression.

Edited by Haine

The sandwich that was on his plate was cut into a triangle  before he took a bite out of it. He chewed the sammich while looking at her and how it made her jubilant with every bite she had of the simple sandwich. He would have to endure it a bit longer before he was able to cook their meals at home with a little bit more extravagant meals. He took another bite before hearing the question of having a girlfriend. He almost choked on his food as he took a sip of his drink. His expression changed a bit as he shook his head. This question did not bother him at first as he answered honestly. "No. The maids always gossiped about things like me being married off to some sort of strange power house girl that would boost my father's name. I didn't really care for politics really. It was when I saw you that I became..." His voice trailed off as the embarrassment struck him hard.

He placed his sandwich down and took another sip of his drink. " You are my first. "He looked at her. She was the same as she was in his dream. He wouldn't divulge any information about that dream until they were further down the line but they were... together. He stepped in front of her and was closer this time. It was strange because in his dream he was able to speak to her. This was the same to him essentially. Would it be weird to say he had dated her in the dream? He showed affection there so would it be okay to do it here? His face turned slightly red as he debated.

"My turn. Have you have your first kiss?" He flushed a red as he posed the question. Before she could answer, he kissed her forehead softly. The sensation was different. It was electric as he felt his face burn but it was nice. He was brave enough for this at least.

In truth, there was not much she knew of the boy beyond what they'd established after their chance encounter. He was a passing face before the the events of the game, someone she recognized but didn't know. With the nature of this world, it was easy to be absorbed in that combat mindset. She never thought to ask him about the past, about who he really was. Hearing his honest confession, it put things into a new perspective. His last few words confused her, what did they mean?

"When you... saw me?" she elaborated.

She parted her lips to speak, but the other had silenced her train of thought with a kiss to her forehead. All the blood rushed to her cheeks. Her brain short circuited to the equivalent of mush. She swallowed thickly, her beady eyes capturing his. There was an overwhelming tension in the air as silence lingered. She forgot all about that conversation as her eyelids fluttered shut. She leaned in close, puckering her lips. Her intuition guided her to take the initiative, to break the ice. It was now -

Or possibly never.

She tilted her head and in a split second she was moving in, with haste. It had happened so quickly that her forehead bumped against his. Haine recoiled, clutching her forehead in horror. Oh no, what did she do?! "Uhhhhh..." She trailed off, laughing nervously. She looked away and buried her face in her palms. "I-I'm sorry..!" If it were appropriate to curl into a ball and scream, she without a doubt would. Her forehead tingled in place of the pain that would've been.

Her headbutting him was exactly not what he was expecting. The young man cracked a smile  as he knew the pain  would last just a second of tingling. "Always the same." He had the same instance happen in those years of sleep. Replay but of course by a pool or at dinner. To have it happen in real life made the  moment sweeter. 

To stop the embarrassment, he slowly pulled her hands down and got to her level. Both their amber eyes met close and he spoke  pressing his forehead against hers. " You saved me from being overwhelmed in a fight  when I was 13. You were brave then and even  now." 

He gave  a smile to her. His hand slipped into hers as he spoke." So.. yea. I have a girlfriend. And.. So I am your boyfriend. " It sounded childish but it was what was needed to soothe their hearts. He gave her a peck on the cheek again and kept it innocent for the two. 

She was too humiliated to face him. She tried her very best to be assertive, yet all her efforts fell through. Would he laugh? From the cracks of her fingers, she saw the white haired man move around to face her. He slowly pulled her hands down and she turned her face downward, away. He got down to her level and she froze, unable to look away. Kiluia had a way with words, that was something she loved about him. Whenever she was upset or down, he knew just what to say to placate her. The warmth of his forehead radiated against hers. Her embarrassment dwindled a little through his soothing reassurance. She squeezed his hand tightly in hers. It felt nice to hear him confirm it himself. Boyfriend, girlfriend... The whole situation felt like a confession between two children on a playground, but that was them. She giggled softly, her free hand caressing the spot on his cheek that he kissed. Maybe there wasn't a wrong or right way to go about it. She liked it this way. 

"And I wouldn't have it any other way," Haine softly added.

After a brief moment, she turned to her neglected sandwich and popped it in her mouth. She chewed away at the rest of it to keep her hands preoccupied. After it was over, she pondered what she wanted to say next. "Kil." She tilted her head. "I want to know more about you, who you are." The questions were sudden and blunt, but she wanted to know more about who he really was. "What was it like growing up?"

They had all the time in the world now and her curiosity was getting to her.

Edited by Haine

He got back up to his original height before finishing off his own sandwich. He licked a portion of jelly he had on the corner of his mouth while pondering her question. "Well. My dad is German and my mother is Japanese."He motioned toward his white hair. "The old man had this hair so I was selected to have the same hair." 

He dug deep and placed his one elbow on the counter top. "It was all yes mam or yes sir for me. I mean, my dad always had people over speaking of politics. I had to attend some of them listening then drone about what the state of our country blah blah. " He mimicked his dad with his hand. A smile crept to his face looking at her. "I do thank him for sending me to that school with you. I don't think I can actually repay him unless I go into politics when we get out of here." 

He mused a bit more before slowly but suddenly taking her hand. He slowly took her outside of their balcony standing in the warmth of the weather. He looked down at the slime ranch watching them bounce around. "So I was a standard rich kid who wanted to get out. When my dad heard I got into a fight, I was sent away to Japan. He had to do damage control after  I knocked out another politician's son with his now missing tooth." He shrugged. "How about you, love?" He smiled looking over at her.

I felt nice to know more about the boy. He was elusive, here and there throughout her life by coincidence. She tried to reach out to to him, albeit he would always find a way to run. She witnessed him in his element from afar, a kind, quiet soul among those rotten apples picking on him. Hearing about his life made her feel like she could understand him more, why he was the way he was. She circled the rim of her glass and nodded as he explained. She parted her lips to speak when Kiluia seized her hand, leading her elsewhere. Holding his hand felt different now than it did before, she realized, as she stifled a giggle.

"Wow..." She mouthed, her golden eyes twinkling. She closed her eyes, feeling the cool breeze brush against her skin. Looking down from a height, she could see the lush jungle from a bird's eye view. He couldn't have picked a better place for their home. She could see herself getting used to this secluded paradise. It was beginning to feel a little toasty, she realized, as she felt the back of her neck perspire ever so slightly. "Well, I've lived in Sweden practically all my life cause' of mom. My dad met her there and it was love at first sight, or something." The heat was getting to her. She tugged the ribbon from her unruly blue locks and gathered into a ponytail, tying the ribbon.

She glanced over the balcony and was aware of how high up they were. She was never one to like heights, they made her skin prickle. She gripped the rail tighter and looked elsewhere. "It's nothing as interesting as yours, that's for sure. We come from money and live a comfortable life, my dad makes games for a living." Her mind drifted off to her siblings, all three of them. She missed them dearly, she would do anything to be reunited with them again. "I have a little sister at home besides Ruri and Keith. We're all close in age and each other's best friends." Those thoughts which she was trying to evade, they broke through her facade. Her soft smile faltered and she looked away from him. "I-I... I think something's wrong with them. Keith and Ruri..." Her voice quivered and she blinked back tears.

Edited by Haine

He enjoyed the rays of the sun but the clouds seemed to be gathering. The smell of rain would come at them causing a little bit of a breeze. He took a deep breath listening to her.It was when she faltered about Keith and Ruri he turned to look at her. A frown displayed across his features as he really had no clue about how to answer about Ruri and Keith. The two were not in the expedition that he was aware of so he couldn't mount a rescue party to find them. He placed his hand on top of hers while speaking gently. "We can look around. It doesn't hurt to ask and look up rumors as well. I'm sure something can be done about their whereabouts. As long as they aren't on the monument, we can hopefully find them like we appeared. However, I don't know how long it will take, I will be there beside you."

He reached up and slipped a tear away from her eyes. Fate was cruel as he walked her back inside their home. He sat her down on a stool and stroked her hair. "I have an older sister and brother. Not sure what they are doing right now." He turned to the left and poured her a glass of water. "Here, take some water. We can start looking tomorrow for their whereabouts. I want to relax with you in our new home today. But we can head around and look for rumors and ask if anyone has heard of them. "He reassured her as he got to her height again looking into her eyes."Deal?"

She was worried sick for them. The first thing she did was try to check in with her siblings. They, were, to her, horror, unable to reach. The blue haired female panicked, assuming the worst. It could mean several things and she would naturally assume the worst, in a world ever-so-changing and unpredictable as this. The tears were hard to hold in, she had cried not too long ago this morning which left her emotionally raw. She didn't want him to see this vulnerable side of her. She knew there was nothing the boy could do to help, having been stuck in that cocoon with her. He had his own emotions to sort through as well, she couldn't be a burden to him. His gentle assurance didn't do much for her, but for all it's worth, she could have someone to support her. "I guess so..." she whispered, smiling weakly.

They moved back to the kitchen and while he was pouring her water, a few more tears slid down her cheeks. She wiped them with haste before he could turn around, hoping Kiluia wouldn't see. Haine sniffled. She accepted it with her head held down, taking a few sips. Haine felt better knowing he was willing to help. Maybe she was overthinking it, things would be fine. She simply nodded with a teary smile. "I'm just so tired. Can we... cuddle on the couch?"